ZOMBIE FORUMS

It's a stinking, shambling corpse grotesquely parodying life.
It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:33 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Ideologue watch: An internet surf trail leads me to a ring of ultra-conservative sites.
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2004 4:50 pm 
Native

So, I was watching daily show clips and I came across a clip that introduced me to Patriotic Americans Boycotting Anti-American Hollywood.

Ok. Wanting to learn more, a quick google search lead me to The offical PABAAH website.

After observing the strangeness that was that website, a quick search at the bottom of the site at the links area lead me to Boycott Liberalism, a site seemingly much worse, condemning anything associated with the left at all.

What do we think? Are these people extreme crackpots or are their views in an acceptable range of the spectrum? Is it wrong to hate anything merely associated in some way with an ideology?

Edit: Fixed linky.

We're not mad. We're just argumentative. And we live in a state of fluctuating contempt for everything. - onion, when talking about herself and shoonra, actually describes the whole of kyhm forums.

Last edited by Vaergoth on Sun Feb 29, 2004 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:10 pm 
Addict

I'm all for shooting people... with crossbows, because guns suck.

Really though the people who put such a great stress on the concepts of Left and Right are the people who are dividing America. It has gone far beyond the two party system. It is the biggest division in America there is right now. I hope it is transient like many other divisions have been in the past (race, sex, national origin), but I am not going to get my hopes up.

I wouldn't think of limiting their freedom of speech but at the same time I find the people like Ann Coulter, Al Franken, and the other political commentators despicable. They are driving people to the two extremes and seeming to delight in doing so. The only people they are convincing of anything are the people who already agree with them.

Bleh.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2004 8:31 pm 
Native

I bookmarked the page entitled "Uninspiring liberal quotes." There's some good stuff there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2004 11:25 pm 
Addict

On a scale of 1 to being glad I'm not American where crackpots like them can be crazy like that...I go to 11.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 12:29 am 
Expatriate

I worry when people make a religion out of politics. It's almost as likely to result in mass executions as making a polity out of religion.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]