ZOMBIE FORUMS

It's a stinking, shambling corpse grotesquely parodying life.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:59 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ] 
 Post subject: Essay submission to CSU student newsletter: The Crimson Doves of Peace
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 7:12 pm 
Addict

My university is overrun by the maddened liberal type, and unfortunatly, most of those involved in the media that CSU puts out is the kind of flowerly emotional garbage that people such as MIB and Ollie love to rip into.. and Cenwood to spout out.

Due to the fact that the newsletter actually pays a small amount for submissions, I've taken it upon myself to throw in the occasional article, the first one being last term which tore apart a preceeding anti-military article. Riding on my success, I wrote this little tretise. As we all love debate here, I was hoping to get some feedback from my favorite bunch of internetites before I submit it tomorrow.

Crimson Doves of Peace

Not much has changed for the blindfolded peace movement, except perhaps their rapid decline in success in recent times. This current failure to disrupt the liberation of their oppressed fellow man is indeed to be welcomed, as it means the world can get some work done for once.

Typically, the ideals of the cause-hungry don’t survive long out in the real world, as observed by the returned human shields over a year ago calling for the outing of Saddam, and recalling both the pleading of Baghdad residents for the west to out the dictator, and the recoiled disgust the same residents showed to the human shields when they were informed that these misguided individuals aimed to keep that man in power.

For most of the politically misguided, they don’t have to contend with reality, and can protest the collapse of a dictatorship from the comfort of their ignorance. If indeed the American government actually acted on any of the huffed and puffed inanities that befoul the air around the anti-war ‘movement’ and left tomorrow, they only thing that would have been achieved would be bloody infighting as Iraq’s government changes from dictatorship to rabid, regressive theocracy.

There is no teacher like history, and indeed there was a time once before when the doves of peace got their way, and forever stained their feathers in the blood spilt in the futility they wrought. This is of course Vietnam, a conflict the anti-war movement would like to consider a success.

The corrupt dictatorship that lords over Vietnam today, with its extensive human rights abuses, overt drug trafficking, and collection of funds gained from child prostitution would like you all to know that it wholeheartedly extends a warm thank you to all those peace-protesters of the day who so nicely made a mockery of everything soldiers felled in that conflict died for.

In the mid 60’s, communist uprisings swept South Asia, backed alternately by the then-towering superpower U.S.S.R or communist China, at that time still suffering the aftermath of the suffering and famine wrought by Mao Tse Tung’s ‘Great Leap Forward’.
For those who question the threat to Australia, in the same year American troops first landed at Da Nang, our neighbor, Indonesia battled a massive communist uprising. The resultant heavy-handed purge left 400,000 suspected Indonesian communists dead.

The war was on our doorstep, with implanted Soviet spies, the Australian Communist Party, and demonstrations by communist sympathizers to boot. This war would drag on, ushering in the age of televised conflict. With the war brought to the living room, and conscription forcing some to face those images for real, some people formed the opinion that no cause, no ideal was worth this fighting.

Even then, with the horrors of communism fully apparent, the millions purged, the genocide against ethnic groups and Jews in the USSR, the tens of millions starved or worked to death in the name of progress in China’s ‘Great Leap Forward’, the peace movement felt it was more palatable for the Vietnamese people to live under tyranny than risk death for freedom. The Vietnamese themselves naturally did not share such views, lacking the benefit of distance to soften their sensibilities. Hundreds of thousands of Vietnamese fought alongside Americans, Australians, New Zealanders, and others for the right of self-government.

Through its tried and true combination of ignorance, misinformation, deception, and the omission of ‘inconvenient facts’ the anti-war movement won over a progressive number of supporters in America and her allies. There were thousands of protests. Unsurprisingly protests were thin on the ground in South Vietnam herself. People struggling to hold back fanatical tyrants don’t have time to paint placards.

Ultimately, the peace activists got what they wanted, the U.S government and her
Allies began negotiations in 1973, and in 1974 the Paris Peace Accord was signed. As activists danced in the street, the NVA aimed to make the most of the US withdrawal, and a year later Saigon would fall to the communists, after finally overwhelming the abandoned loyalist Vietnamese army, having broken the peace soon after the majority of American and allied troops had withdrawn.

With the victory of the communists, wrought not by military strength, but their ignorant allies, the peace activists, every loyalist ARVN soldier, every allied soldier, and every Vietnamese civilian murdered by NVA forces died in vain. 56,000 U.S soldiers, 256,000 ARVN, and 694 Anzac soldiers died in a war that should have been won. They had destroyed over 1.3 million NVA soldiers, won almost every major military engagement and brought to a halt the expansion of Soviet interests in south-east Asia. The much vaunted Tet Offensive itself was a costly defeat for the NVA, over 45,000 KIA, and 7000 taken prisoner, in exchange for 1,536 allied solders, and 2,788 ARVN KIA.

The inevitable victory was stripped from them by blind activism. Over 2 million Vietnamese died in the conflict and millions more would die in the dark years to come. In neighboring Cambodia, where political activism had hamstring American intervention, the Chinese-backed communist insurrection triumphed over government forces in that country and the now infamous Pol Pot and his fellows would institute the ‘Peasant Revolution’ and ‘Year Zero’. The cities were emptied. All educated and those suspected of being educated, even literate were murdered, and in such numbers that the decayed bodies and bones clogged the rivers in which they were dumped.

A third of Cambodia was executed, and that was before the spectacular failure of the ‘Peasant Revolution’ wracked the survivors with famine. Even today Cambodia suffers a shortage of educated professionals such as teachers and doctors, the result of the complete destruction of infrastructure, the reverting of a populace to near-medieval conditions.

The peace movement has the blood of millions on their hands. Blood they refuse to acknowledge. Their chants of peace at any cost was the doomsday lullaby of anyone in Cambodia fortunate enough to have received a primary-school level education, their placards the signed executions of nationalists, patriots and their families after the fall of Saigon. The anti-war action in the Vietnam conflict should stand as a testament to the futility of negotiation with zealots, the placating of savages, the signing of peace treaties with those who lust only for power.

Those opposed to the presence of the security forces in Iraq, those who opposed the war that toppled the dictatorship of a murder will tell you they wrought a great victory, and will again triumph. I tell you that they have instigated bloody chaos and collapse once before, and would gladly, guiltlessly commit such a crime again.

Do not trust the crimson doves of peace. They speak of “Peace in our time” but this is merly peace for them, not for you. Nearly 65 years ago, after handing over the Czech Sudetanland to Nazi Germany, British Prime Minister Neville Chamberlain declared in front of a cheering crowd that they had achieved “peace in our time.”

The crimson doves never learn.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 7:43 pm 
Addict

Wait, wot the deuce? CSU? As in, Colorado State University? That's in my hometown.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 7:45 pm 
Addict

Charles Sturt University, in Ozzielanderzein

Post subject: Re: Essay submission to CSU student newsletter: The Crimson Doves of Peace
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 7:46 pm 
Addict

Forevergrey wrote:
Crimson Doves of Peace

OMEG CLICHE!

And it's Paris Peace AccordS.

/me basks

<a href="http://darksetyuna.modblog.com">Who says computer doesn't taste like meat!?!</a>

Post subject: Re: Essay submission to CSU student newsletter: The Crimson Doves of Peace
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 7:51 pm 
Addict

darksetyuna wrote:
Forevergrey wrote:
Crimson Doves of Peace

OMEG CLICHE!

Your search - "crimson doves of peace" - did not match any documents.

Huh? I thought it up myself. I'm so proud.

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 7:55 pm 
Addict

Forevergrey wrote:
darksetyuna wrote:
Forevergrey wrote:
Crimson Doves of Peace

OMEG CLICHE!

Your search - "crimson doves of peace" - did not match any documents.

Huh? I thought it up myself. I'm so proud.

No, Ryan, it's CLICHE. Doves = peace, OMEG I DIDN'T KNOW THAT!!! The Doves OF Peace ... OMEG REPETITIVE! Crimson = ANGST.

It sounds like some of the goth poetry I have to critique for Carousel.

Love you muchly.

/me basks

<a href="http://darksetyuna.modblog.com">Who says computer doesn't taste like meat!?!</a>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 7:55 pm 
Addict

I divorce you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 9:30 pm 
Addict

well, this debate is going nicely.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 3:14 pm 
Addict

George Orwell wrote:
Men sleep peacefully in their beds at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 3:55 pm 
Addict

"Remember kids, you are always on the right side in a war."

You crack me up Grey. :) wub 2 u

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 12:17 am 
Addict

Totally got published.

I'm a star, a great big shining star.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 3:09 am 
Addict

Forevergrey wrote:
Totally got published.

I'm a star, a great big shining star.

...of red hot hate.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ]