ZOMBIE FORUMS

It's a stinking, shambling corpse grotesquely parodying life.
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:54 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: On the Multiple Universe Theory
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 8:11 pm 
Addict

In an attempt to inject some Grey Matter into the forums, I present this as a topic of debate. Can this theory really be considered as a true theory, or is it just a popular fantasy that has the the advantage of neither being proved or disproved?

Discuss!

- Stephen Crane

Last edited by Chaos on Sat Aug 07, 2004 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 8:17 pm 

1. it's "multiple."

2. this is a stupid thread, as you have obviously not read any of the literature on the subject.

CHANGE YOUR FUCKING AVATAR BEFORE I RIP OUT YOUR SOUL AND FEED IT TO RICK JAMES.

That is all.

*edit* well that was odd. your sig image was appearing as your avatar. did you break it? */edit*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 8:19 pm 
Addict

Damn... Ok, Before I was able to change my sig and fix the mistake... You ripped me apart for it.

Pedant Points For You!

Edit: As to your 2nd point. I don't know that much on it. It is not my strong point to be honest. So you debate it and I learn. It's that simple... and I will do research myself to buff my knowledge in this area.

- Stephen Crane

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 2:31 pm 
Addict

Dude, seriously, when I consider a thread to be too pointless an excercise in intellectual masturbation to participate in it, it must be pretty goddamn bad.

Besides, the Everett-DeWitt version of Quantum Theory is for pussies who can't handle the consequences of the Copenhagen Interpretation.

(Obviously, I don't have the mathematical background to understand Quantum Physics on anything but a qualitative/conceptual level, but, as I understand it, the mathematics would allow for either interpretation. The Copenhagen interpretation is less complicated (I believe) and thus should be the interpretation of choice if we use Occam's razor. The only thing many-worlds theory has going for it is that it avoids things like fundamental indeterminacy, which a lot of scvientists would have a hard time accepting.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 4:25 pm 
Addict

Ok, I know this sucks... but this is only phase one of a greater plan... but I know that part of my greater plan will boil down to a debate on this subject, so I would like to get this theory out of the way.

- Stephen Crane

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]