ZOMBIE FORUMS

It's a stinking, shambling corpse grotesquely parodying life.
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:13 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject: Tragedy of war
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 11:57 am 
n00b

A friend of mine recently returned from Iraq finishing up his tour. But on one mission where his squad was supposed to raid a known rebel hideout something terrible happened. In the middle of the raid he came a cross a rebel fighter my friend would have shot him immediately but the bastard was holding a 6 year old girl in one arm and an AK in the other, in other word he was using the child as a shield…my friend had no choice but to fire, he killed the rebel but in the process he also killed the little girl. Now he’s back in the state all depressed and drinking a lot, I even had to stop him from killing himself. What’s worse is that I don’t even know what to do…

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 1:08 pm 
Native

I presume your friend's own life was in danger from the rebel, and that is why he had to kill the rebel and the child. I hope, for his sake, that that was the case. Even if it was not, though, the child was a hostage; and a hostage is already dead.

My own suggestion to your friend would be to find the child's family and try to do something significant and personal for it. That is a very hard thing to do, of course, and worse, it is unlikely to be well-received by the family. Though what he does should benefit the family, that he does it will benefit him.

Please accept my deepest condolences for this horrible situation.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 1:15 pm 
Addict

I've only had a few real glimpses of horrible things in war, so I'm not sure if I can comment well, but probably better than those who think they know war after seeing Saving Private Ryan and laughing at the beach scene.

That is an awful thing to have happen. War is a wasteful, senseless mess, and while it may be from time to time necessary, for every truly necessary war, there are three that are just about power, greed, or other stupidity.

My suggestion on how to help your friend would be to just be there for him. Listen to his thoughts and feelings about what happened, and don't let him bottle it all up. Oh, and don't let him turn to alcohol/drugs/etc, that'll only make things worse.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 1:18 pm 
n00b

Shit as if things weren't bad enough its seems the local anti-war group found out what happen now their demanding that my buddy be court marshal for crime against humanity. Just who the fuck do they think they are if this is how a country treats its solider then I'm really disappointed.They never been to war so they have no right to say in this matter. Another things thanks for the support and I'll keeping a close eye on him and get him help.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 9:57 am 
n00b

Eventhough I'm a private contractor I really understand what my friend is going through. Ive been in Iraq for two months mostly bounty hunting and helping US troop hunt down rebels. I'm telling they are not freedom fighters sometimes I see whole small town or village brutalized with its small population executed woman and children are also victims. Why? because they accepted US troops aid and supplies. I'm going back to Iraq after I take care of my friend so god have mercy on any of those monster that gets in my way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 11:58 am 
Addict

Fuckin' A, man.

Are you at or around Mosul by some odd chance?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 12:22 pm 
n00b

No im still in america but i'll ship out to Turkey soon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 10:11 am 
n00b

Stay safe, it's crazy over there.

~Liriel

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 9:31 am 
n00b

well wish me luck wont be back in awhile

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 11:03 am 
Addict

Probably - I won't ever see the true horrors of war.
Possibly - If a war would break out... I'll be lucky if I won't need to see my mates oozing to death after having their protective gear pierced enough to let nerve gas in.
Reality - My sargent was in the suicide bombing at the Dolphinarium (2002). She still have a steel screw in her leg.

I'm an N.B.C. warrior. I'm the first defence against the nastiest and most gruesome tactics. I hope and pray that I won't ever have to wear my gear at a real situation.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ]