ZOMBIE FORUMS

It's a stinking, shambling corpse grotesquely parodying life.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:53 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

In your opinion, which is worse?
Killing someone by accident. 19%  19%  [ 3 ]
Killing someone on purpose. 81%  81%  [ 13 ]
Total votes : 16
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 9:06 am 
<font color=red><b>STALKER/FAG ALERT.

That's all it takes to be deemed insane in Queensland courts?

What about "I was drunk off of my face at the time"? That would certainly remove the person's "capacity to know that the person ought not to do the act or make the omission". ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 9:12 am 
Native

nick012000 wrote:

What about "I was drunk off of my face at the time"? That would certainly remove the person's "capacity to know that the person ought not to do the act or make the omission".
That would be asualt on top of public drunkenness on top of killing the man because you purposefully lost your inebitions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 4:17 pm 
Addict

Temporary insanity is usually bandied about when someone has been deprived of sleep for 3 days, or has suffered an extreme shock, or even due to an illness which brought on fever and delirium. Basically, through no fault of their own, they are not capable of making rational decisions, or checking instincual behaviour.

Fer instance: If someone was keeping you awake normally, you might ask them to be quiet, explain your situation, ask again, scream at them, wrap a pillow 'round your head, or maybe call the cops.

If you had been kept awake for three days, and someone was keeping you awake by playing telly-tubbies or some other excruciating childrens entertainment, you might beat their head in with a chair.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 7:32 pm 
Local

nick012000 wrote:

What about "I was drunk off of my face at the time"? That would certainly remove the person's "capacity to know that the person ought not to do the act or make the omission". ;)

Er, no. Because being drunk isn't a "mental disease or natural mental infirmity". There's a shitload of case law dealing with the issue of what is a mental disease or natural mental infirmity. The law may be an ass, but it isn't that much of an ass.

You could try to plead intoxication, but that defense is only available if you became intoxicated through no fault of your own (eg. drink spiking, unusual and unexpected reaction to an intoxicant, prescription medication with inadequate warning about the potential side-effects etc). If you just went out and got hammered, the court would consider that you should have known the risks inherent in consuming large amounts of alcohol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 11:06 pm 
Addict

nick012000 wrote:

That'd probably work, except they revoked the drunk's defence or whatever they are calling it now, years ago, for the reason that people were getting away with a fuckload, just by having a few/lot of drinks first.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 2:33 pm 
Local

Urban Wild Cat wrote:
Simple? Well, if someone was to kill you, would you prefer that they did it through carelessness or neglectfulness, or that they had a really good reason for it?

Personally, I find the thought of being killed accidentally to be far worse than something that has been carefully considered and planned. There's a level of care and service involved, y'know?

AAHHAHAHAAA !!! I love the way you think hahaaaaa !!!! Cant say I exactly feel the same way but Im interested in the fact that you think like this, kind of reveals the type of person you are 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 2:35 pm 
Local

hey sweet sister morphine, I swear the guy in your avatar looks exactly the same as the guy working in Tesco, exactly the same, just cant be ... or could it be :confused: I dont know, I quess not then

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 2:37 pm 
Addict

egets wrote:
hey sweet sister morphine, I swear the guy in your avatar looks exactly the same as the guy working in Tesco, exactly the same, just cant be ... or could it be :confused: I dont know, I quess not then

Unless Adrian Edmundson has access to the fountain of youth and has made it his hobby to work in a super market I sincerely doubt he's the same person.

And also - debate board. Where we debate. Not post comments about people's avatars.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2