ZOMBIE FORUMS

It's a stinking, shambling corpse grotesquely parodying life.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:20 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 713 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 36  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2002 1:19 pm 
Addict

Bah. Whatever...as long as it plays out as a good story, I don't mind.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2002 1:27 pm 
Addict

Well, based on the reactions and conversations I've had with Mad and Rand and a few others, it's going to turn out rather well...

-BiShouNenKaMi
My imagination holds no bounds...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2002 2:02 pm 
<font color=darkred><b>Lorem Ipsum

i expect most of the populace will discount it as some elaborate hoax or prank.

for those of you looking for a reason to join the thread, bish's broadcast will provide the perfect excu--reason.

i might have had more to say, but i forgot. ~whee!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2002 4:30 pm 
Addict

Yo, KC, question for you. Null's power draining abilities, I'm not sure how to play those off. Vandal's runes arn't his power. He's just sort of a host, or user for them. None of the power comes from Vandal himself, so I wasn't quite sure how to deal with that. So I figured that, no matter what, they owuld at least be surpressed until they could find a way to wriggle through the null-field.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2002 5:00 pm 
Addict

Yes...any superpowers at all, no matter the source, are turned off.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2002 2:48 am 
Addict

eeeh.... not going the way I was thinking it was gonna be. Barghest, the basic idea was a stand-off, not you guys basically whooping our collective asses. As it is, your position is a bit too strong. We wouldn't want the two team's special relationship to begin with us guys all more or less arreszted woudl we? i think a nice solution COULD be (but needs not be) Rand arriving at the scene witha rocket launcher (He was at teh Sedan and MM's loss of power would warn him.) Considering you have Mad at gunpoint, and MM is with Rand (who would otherwise declare that Mad would be willing to die for the Revolution and such) that would result in a situation tense and stand-offish enough to start negotiating on equal footing, that is, everyone's got a gun aimed at someone.

Of course, this start will probably affect relations between Barghest and KC and the rest of the group.

Once again, I will not be able to make that post, as I'm being initiuated IRL today, and may be walking around Brussels in rather embaressing situations today. (hey, ya gotta love it. And there's this thiung called Karma I'm worried about) So anyone who feels up to it, feel free to have the commie psycho appear, if not, I'll probably write HIS reaction to the whole thing some time tomorrow.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2002 4:00 am 
Addict

I'm ghoing by the 'only the hull/main part is glass' rule above here, equipment is fine, plus the fact that the APC (my version at least) has a whole bunch of plastics and ceramics involved in it's construction, i'm not going to argune about metal-alloys etc, lets just say it's just not going to go T1000 with one single bullet for now..

time of day check? dusk? sunset? make an armed confrontation more atmospheric if the sun begins to set soon, night closing in to oppress the situation even more etc

*listening to an mp3 of Ikara Colt's 'City Of Glass'*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2002 5:16 am 
Addict

Hey KC, What would nulls power have on space marines. I understand that the Liberian will not be able to use his psychic powers, but what about there natural abiltes that are due to the pyshical make up of a space marine i.e. they are that strong because of a large muscle mass, they have adaptations that are similar to a creatures natural evolution.

"We Legion know what it be like to be warjack. When death comes, I die bleeding oil and sparks like metal brothers. When death comes, I die in steam." - Deidric Harkinos, veteran of the Man-O-War Legion

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2002 5:25 am 
Addict

none i would have thought, the whole point of Marines is that they're pure, any psychic taint at all and they're sent off for Liberian training, or just disposed of if they can't be 'tamed'

thus a normal Marine would be one of the least psychic of all of us i expect, watch out for your armour being glassed though (unless you start up with the ceramics/alloys thing etc)

*ex gamesworkshop geek*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2002 5:39 am 
Addict

Power Armour is made of bonded ceramite/plastel outer skin and thick ceramite plates underneath this.

Also all life forms show up on the warp so marines aren't normally the most pure. (can still be possesed by very strong deamons) The Tau race show up the least on the warp, and most Necrons don't show at all, though necron parihs do cos they have a negative affect on the warp, which some humans have as well.

Finally, my marines are going to soon meet with an inqusitor, get new orders and get a new mode of transport.

"We Legion know what it be like to be warjack. When death comes, I die bleeding oil and sparks like metal brothers. When death comes, I die in steam." - Deidric Harkinos, veteran of the Man-O-War Legion

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2002 11:39 am 
Addict

unless you're in ancient armour, yeah, ceramite, i remembered that one in the car earlier today... I think the only effects that the anti-psy field would have is on ppl who who *use* psychic energy, natural physical energy wouldn't be affected, the most a normal person (physically normal that is) would get is a slight dizzness/nausia i guess, like being hit by a harsh magnetic/sound field

unless you use your powers/talents to directly control your body/weapons, you should be fine, force swords no, synaptic linked power armour systems yes

and as for Ollie, he proved quite 'naturally' strong against psychic interferiance (good or bad) earlier on, so he won't have *anything* to worry about, if anything he'll be at an advantage, magick no longer ruling the day (momentarially) as would all 'normal' ppl here..

mmm.. are there any?

and an inquisitor? he'll have the planet virus bombed if he sees our little group.. :wink:

"Kill 'em all, let God sort them out. And by the way, God is dead, I killed him first"

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ollie on 2002-10-17 11:40 ]</font>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2002 12:37 pm 
Addict

I'm gonna be a baaaaad little Rand and play out the stand off till guns lower. That'll mean I'll be putting words in your mouth KC. If you don't like them, I'll edit them, but I just want to get things moving along. If things move as planned we're just looking at the last sunsent, so things need to proceed.

Anyone else can also yell at me. I've just been initiated IRL (without huge dildo's thank god) so I'm used to being yelled at)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2002 12:43 pm 
Addict

No complaints, Rand. Everything seems to be in order with Vis, at least.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2002 12:44 pm 
Addict

Good, that's the one I was worried most about. I tried to keep it general, because I don't know exactly HOW much info you're prepared to give.

Wait, this isn't chewing gum!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2002 12:46 pm 
Tourist

Attention everyone who's depending on me/my character to do anything for the next week and a half!

I'm on a short hiatus. I totaled my car on the way to school (thankfully- no injuries). It wasn't my fault, so insurance premiums aren't skyrocketing. I kinda need some time to sort out my life and get what's rest of it (I don't have a CAR!) back in order. I will be online, maybe on IRC every now and then, I just don't have the ability to RP right now.

For continuity, My character will be ghosting behind someone, keeping tabs on the events, but not taking part. If someone wants to control my character for a while, go for it. I don't have any qualms as long as it's not extremely out of character, (blowing up Neo-Tokyo with my psy-powers is not an option!)

That's it, I'll be back in a while, hopefully not more than a few weeks.

-k_d
Busted, bruised, but still beating.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2002 12:49 pm 
Addict

Mind you, with both of our titles, and both of our avi's made by Mad it gives a funny effect doesn't it KC?

Wait, this isn't chewing gum!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2002 12:54 pm 
Addict

I think it will be funny when we ALL have our Road Trip avis from Mad... *laughs*

Nice post, works well. *nods* And doesn't screw with anything I have planned...

By the way... Mad and I were PMing, and if it weren't for those BASTARDS at Squaresoft America changing the port of Dew Prism, we could use "Threads of Fate" as the comic title...

Or how about "Severing the Threads of Fate"... I just really like the "in joke" of having threads in the title...

-BiShouNenKaMi
I really fucking like "Threads of Fate"... not only as a game, but as a title for the comic...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2002 12:56 pm 
Addict

Crossing Threads? With a cover that can have all the characters on it, tied to a thread...and have the threads crossing eachother?

Severing the Threads of Fate is a bit long for an online comic title perhaps..or not, as I said, I quicly drank one official glass of beer and am a lightweight.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rand Al'Tor on 2002-10-17 13:00 ]</font>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2002 1:17 pm 
Addict

Okay, here's wher ethe fun part comes in . . .

I seem to be the one holding all the cards when it comes to Project Hyperspace, so I could have MM spill it to Vis . . .

I'm just not sure how I should write his character if I do. Is he obsessive in terms of what he wants to know? Will he interrogate her, or will he let her talk at her own speed?

I don't want to waste Mad's comic with the oodles of backstory on Hyperspace that exists, so I need a rough estimate of all that Vis really wants. Since he's DoD, I doubt what he's asking is all he's really looking for. Call me distrustful, but that's how I feel about it.

(Of course, I also don't want to use another person's chara without their permission, considering what happened the last time I tried that ><) So gimme a hand here, what's he looking for?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2002 1:25 pm 
Addict

Vis is part of a section of the DoD that knows OF project hyperspace, but doesn't know why its sucked so much money or what it is. He was sent to find out- and when he does, whatever is left of the peopel in the DoD who supported Hyperspace are going to die.

He's a soldier, and he's patient. He'll prompt questions, but he won't rush it. Seeing as how he's also on the business end of a grenade launcher, he's going to be pretty calm.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 713 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 36  Next