ZOMBIE FORUMS

It's a stinking, shambling corpse grotesquely parodying life.
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:52 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2002 5:04 am 
Addict

OOC: Oops, damn... out of ideas for a moment now. Ah, we'll see where its heading (half expected Maladric to pull a Snake in paradise scene) but excuse me if my writing fails me now. Oh and TSC, amends for the initiation.

Duke was in pain.

This was not unusual. The Duke had been shot at, halfway drowned, fallen from heights when his jetpack ran out, electrocuted, tramped around in lave, acid and radioactive goo, been bitten by sharks, have his brain been partly eaten out by little green gooy creatures. And then there were of course, the point blank explosions.

He was gonna get up now, any time.

HELLO

"wh....who the hell are you skullface?"

WELL THERE'S NO NEED TO BE RUDE.

"I'm having a bad day. So unless you have a beer, get lost or I'll use your face as a bowling ball"

WELL I WAS GOING TO BE NICE ABOUT THIS, BUT IF YOU'RE GOING TO BE A JERK ABOUT IT. YOU'RE DEAD.

"Huh, that can't be, I'm here"

WELL IT'S VERY COMPLICATED REALLY. YOU SEE...

Don't tell me you're gonna try to have a antropological discussion with him?

AND YOU ARE?

This guy's mind.

OH. HOW NICE TO MEET ANOTHER ANTHROPOFORMIC REPRESENTATION. HOW'S ...EUHM...LIFE?

awful. Do you know how long it takes to let this guy think a single thing not related to booze, sex or violence

NO, PEOPLE I DEAL WITH ARE USUALLY BEYOND THOSE CONCERNS.

Well, I can tell you he isn't. I'm just glad I'm rid of him.

ACTUALLY, I THINK YOU MIGHT HAVE TO GO WITH HIM TO HIS AFTERLIFE.

...what...?

WELL IT'S NOT LIKE HE CAN EXIST WITHOUT HIS MIND CAN HE?

"Hell, he broke my shades. Nobody breaks my shades... and lives."

... (capital periods that is)

WELL ANYWAY, RULES ARE RULES I'M AFRAID.

It was then something went snap in Duke's mind's... euhm... mind. With a desperate grip, he grabbed the spirit of the dead Nikita.

I am NOT staying with this guy for eternity, DAMN IT

THIS IS MOST UNCONVENTIONAL

"I'll say, he's holding it wrong way pointed towards you."

Duke's mind turned the gun around

Duke's mind pulled the trigger.

"Say, I thought she was busted."

... *whimper*

*BOOOOOOOM*

moments pass

WELL BUGGER. ALL THE NAMES ON THESE HOURGLASSES ARE WIPED OUT. IT4LL TAKE AEONS TO GET THE ADMNISTRATION TIDY. AH WELL, NARRATIVUM I GUESS.

*cough, splatter* ah... yes... I...I won. I... won...

"so what's the deal now, am I alive or dead?"

Duke's question was answered when a foot connected with his bloodied ironhard six pack under his torn shirt. Thus having resolved his short stint of existential doubt Duke instinctively rolled over and kicked Snake in the face.

As the two figures were looking at eachother, Duke felt a loneliness. It was a strange feeling, that you miss something you never knew you had.

"Oh yeah. That poor Nikita. Remember baby, this one is for you!"

With that he aimed a booted kick towards Snake's crotch.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rand Al'Tor on 2002-05-21 05:06 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rand Al'Tor on 2002-05-21 05:09 ]</font>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2002 9:01 am 
<font color=darkred><b>Lorem Ipsum

solid snake is gettin old. he's been in the biz for well-on 35 years, and it's taken it's tool on his frayed nerves and his body.

what there is of it. a medic once told snake that the only thing holding him together is the fact that he is 80% scar tissue. which is why it didn't cripple him when he blocked Duke's kick with his genitals.

getting hit in the balls can only hurt a limited number of times, you know.

snake rejoiced in the sensations of repeatedly hammering his fist into the duke's face almost as much as the punishment nukem no doubt relished pummelling snake.

this was a world both men understood, the pinnicle of macho heroisim. the final showdown.

images of sweet little box#3's ragged corpse served to fuel snake's rage when his reserves of energy became dangerously low, urging him on to bigger, better bloodletting, even as his adversary also doubled his efforts.

the fight wasn't an elegant, fast dance of death that fantasy writers expounge upon, it was almost lethargic in it's progression, each combatant would reel and have to recover from each blow, no matter who threw it.

finally, after what seemed days of this torturous display, snake had reached the end of his tether, he had nothing left, most of his blood had mingled with his opponent's in the muddy street, he could harly stand, in fact, both he and nukem were leaning afainst each other, panting for breath as they attempted to end each other's miserable, pain-filled consciousness.

snake reached up and circled the duke's thick neck with both hands, began to squeeze...

"c'mon, you...fucker...just...go...down..."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2002 2:08 am 
Addict

Duke pounded at the arms of Maldric, causing his blood soakes hands to release their grip on his equally soaked neck. Keeping his left hand on Snake's shoulder to keep himself up, his right fist made a wide, but relatively sluggish swing, hitting the stealth expert, causing him to step backwards and making him gasp for breath. Duke would have taken advantadge, but the momentum of his punch and the loss of his support on Snake caused him to fall to his knees.

Still, as he was getting up, he smiled. While Snake fought more skillfully, Duke had been in countles barroom brawls, and had awlays gotten out on top. The punches Snake threw hurt more then when he wouldn't have several broken bones and open wounds, but it seemed the constitution of his opponent wasn't as good for these punch outs.Duke raised his head and started to get up.

The kick snake had been executing was pretty shoddy, and Snake lost his balance and fell over after he had done it. It had also been aimed at Dukes chin. But then Duke had raised his head. Neither of the fighter heard the sound that the impact made, their ears had been ringing for quite a while now. Snake was already scrambling up and Duke had completed his rise to his feet.

Every body part Duke possessed, except the lower tools who had an insane amount of protection, had been hit once in a while, so when Duke felt a stab of pain in his throat, he wasn't shocked. And his mouth tasted blood for a long time now, so that wasn't unusual too. But the feeling of your fingers reaching your crushed adam's apple was something unfamilar to Duke.

He made a step forward, trying to take a breath. Duke was not someone to give up easily on hopeless tasks, but while not good in general cause-consequence thinking, he was an expert when it came too lethal wounds. He just never expected to find them on himself. His mouth opened for a curse, but blood was the only result. He thought he could feel the blood streaming in his lungs at the other end of his windpipe.

His vision was going red, and his muscles were spasming, as they had often done when he had been reaching for the surface of a lake. His hand reached for Snake, grabbing the shoulder with his last might. Then his leg muscles gave in and he fell to his knees. The red intensified and then went to black. The ringing in his ears seemes to fade and change to some sort of static. He vaguely felt the sensation of falling forward.

And then the Duke fell.

And then the Duke died.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2002 2:10 am 
Addict

Nice ending.

P-M

-><-

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2002 12:19 pm 
Addict

*applauds*

Excellent job folks. Major points. Rand, you were in rare form dude. Keep it up man.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2002 11:31 pm 
<font color=darkred><b>Lorem Ipsum

snake ws barely able to stand. he had more injuries than he cared to count, he'd been hit all over. ALL. OVER. pain was his world. he lookied down at the still figure of the duke as the rain washed the blood and mud off his back, and felt...

... awe.

this behemoth had taken more punishment than he had delivered to any metal gear, and caused snake himself more pain and wounds thyan his own brother, liquid. he was truly one of the great warriors, and deserved to have his name rememberd with the likes of Grey Fox and Big Boss himself.

even though it cost him in the currency of pain, snake saluted his powerful and worthy foe before he allowed himself to slump to the ground and pass blissfully into the world all soldiers dream of, a land of beer, babes, and the tastiest of food. the everlasting banquet.

next to the dead duke, snake slept. and dreamt of Valhalla.

OOC: dude that was great fun! some excellent RPing by you, i had a great time, a superb experience for my first freeform RP. thanks again /OOC

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: madadric on 2002-05-22 23:33 ]</font>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2002 2:48 am 
Addict

Well, I was thinking of doing a 'Duke at the pearly' gates epilogue, but I think Maladric has made the right ending, and that post of mine would be one too much.

I'm happy with the way it turned out too, and the fun I had. 'rare' is the right word. I guess I have Madadric to thank for that. Maybe it's just because two people work together easier then more. Thank you Madadric.

Anyway, bring on the next match. I want to see Keen and Mario Duke it out. (haha, Duke it out. I'm funny. LOL, ROTFL and all that rot)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rand Al'Tor on 2002-05-23 02:49 ]</font>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2002 4:41 pm 
Addict

OOC: Great job guys. One of the best RPs I've ever seen!/OOC

*A figure is seen walking down the street towards the bodies of Duke and Snake*

/Chris reaches the two bodies and stands there

They both fought well.

*Suddenly the ruined city turns back in to the WSU stadium, Snake and Duke's bodies slowly fade away*

Well, two characters down.

Game Character Kill Count:

Duke Nukem
Solid Snake

If you guys want you can either re-spawn as if you restarted the game (But whats the fun in playin' the same guy over?) or you can pick an entirely new character.

Now. Who's next?

The Game Must Go On,
The Sinister Chris

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2002 6:44 pm 
Addict

Dante steps out towards Chris, a pair of hand guns, one white, one black, spinning in his hands before they vanish into his jacket. a bag of weapons to be disseminated through out the battlefield awaits at his feet. His eyes flash red quickly before returning to normal.

"Hey Chris. i'm ready to go when you are."

(The list of weapons (if you havn't played the game) is in my last post. Not a whole lot there, but it's enough. Who wants to step up again the man that made the Devil cry?)