ZOMBIE FORUMS

It's a stinking, shambling corpse grotesquely parodying life.
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:01 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2002 2:01 am 
Addict

Okay, the SSB My Way thread kinda went dead.

Like really dead.

I'm tired of my RP threads doing that.

This thread will be a thread where you pick your favorite character from a video game and get to use them to compete against other fighters.

Now, I'm restarting that thread, but with some extra guidelines.

1. This is an RP thread, there are no god characters. Besides the ref.

2. This is a thread for RPing characters from games. Please, pick characters that are most famous for their games. (As in games is what they're best known for. Example: Lara Croft good. Mary Kate & Ashley BAD!)

3. When you pick your character be sure to name the game(s) they're from.

4. Please don't pick obscure characters. Unless they're from old school games, then its fine.

5. If you're in a fight post at least once every three days.

6. If you have any problems private message me.

With that in mind, lets get to the bloodshed!

Pick a character and post 'em. We'll work out the finer details after that.

Bring on the l33t,
The Sinister Chris

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2002 2:16 am 
Addict

I may or may not actively partici[ate... schedule dictates thus far. But I WILL be an active witness, and occasionally throw in quips and comment, like a good little kami.

This being said, I shall now, for sake of CLAIMING FOR MY OWN, state the character I shall be, whom NO ONE ELSE CAN CLAIM!!!

In this thread, I shall be...

*enters a brief puff of smoke emitted from his cigarette, and steps out in his... or should we say <i>her</i> RP guise*

Ladies and gentlemen, *bows* I, Lei Fang, best known for my Tai Chi Quan fighting style in the Dead or Alive fighting game series, shall now await the first challengers. *goes over and stands by the entrance, still smoking a cigarette, with a b33r in her hands* What? You don't expect me to be all prim and proper, do you? ^__~

-BiShouJoKaMi
You toucha my ass, I breaka you spine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2002 8:35 am 
Native

Okay time to pick someone less complecated as my last character, it takes way to much time to be Alucard, so many things you could have, it bogles the mind, well here we go

/A puff of smoke apears on the othr end of the arena and some strobe lights flash everywhere, there is some disco music playing and out walks Eddie from tekken three, dressed in his disco out fit and big fro

lets get this party started
Spy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2002 3:26 am 
Addict

Make way for Eight-year-old Genius, Billy Blaze, better known as...

<font size=15>COMMANDER KEEN!!!!!</font>

Or is that too silly?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2002 9:09 am 
Addict

Holy Shit!

I haven't heard that name in too long!

Commander Keen... Wow.

And its fitting of a web comic fanatic too.

/Chris takes out a large rubber stamp and some spray paint

/Chris stamps UWC on the chest and spray paints it gold

You get a Gold Star of L33tness for comin' up with that cool of an idea!

You're the first person I gave that too,
The Sinister Chris

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2002 6:35 pm 
Addict

What about 'hero' from adventure? Atari 2600?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2002 1:35 am 
Addict

Go for it!

Wasn't he the guy that was a cube with a little line for a sword?

Remember, you will be playing in you sprite form from one of the games that the character was from.

For multi-platform characters (i.e. Duke Nukem, Mario, Sonic, Cid...) you get choice of the look.

Everyone give a good description of your character along with some story line and some strengths and weaknesses. Please.

Be a G4m3r not a l4m3r,
The Sinister Chris

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2002 2:46 am 
Addict

Here's the original storyline lifted straight from the first game:

Billy Blaze, eight-year-old genius, working diligently in his backyard clubhouse has created an interstellar starhip from old soup cans, rubber cement, and plastic tubing. While his folks are out of town, and the babysitter has fallen asleep, Billy travels into his backyard workshop, dons his brother's football helmet, and transforms into...

COMMANDER KEEN -- DEFENDER OF EARTH!

In his ship, the Bean-With-Bacon Megarocket, Keen dispenses justice with an Iron Hand!
-----------------

Okay, so that's the backstory. In the first trilogy, he travels to mars and escapes from the martians (who are being controlled by the vorticons), Destroys the Vorticon Mothership, poised to destroy earth, then travels to the Vorticon home world to defeat the Grand Intellect, who is controlling the Vorticons.

In the Second trilogy, he rescued the High Council of Gnosticus IV, destroy's the Shikadi's Armageddon machine, and rescues his Babysitter from the clutches of an alien race.

Then the creators got rich and stopped making the series. Or something like that.

Any way, I'll dig up a pic and post it sometime soon.

*looks at stamp on chest*

Oooh Shiny!!!

Onion: That's because you're a shifty motherfucker.

UWC: <.<

>.>

<.<

Onion: Fucking precisely you dirty thieving gypsy fuck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2002 9:03 am 
Addict

Nah, I was just kidding. This stuff ain't for me, but I was wondering...how exactly would a 1 cm^2, pixilated block with a line for a weapon fight?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2002 10:57 am 
<font color=darkred><b>Lorem Ipsum

*a thump is heard as something lands on the deck of the pitchnig ship. blue electrical sparks ark from a figure flickering in and out of visibility, as he stands up.
finally, the man has reached his full height, the arcing electricity has stopped and he is fully visible.
the well-muscled man is covored from head to toe in grey body armour. he is sporting a impressively unfasionable mullet, and upon inspection of his face, it is clear he is unfathomably ugly.
the man rolls to his left, crouching behind a large generator. his right hand reaches up to his ear*
"Otacon, it's snake. the stealth unit's broken."

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: madadric on 2002-04-14 11:00 ]</font>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2002 1:28 am 
Addict

Umm... I think it pokes things MiB...

/Chris looks over at Generator

*sigh*

Get your ass out here snake!

Who all do we have...

BiShou - Lei Fang
Spy - Tiger
UWC - Commander Keen
MiB - Hero
madadric - Solid Snake

/Chris opens a rift and pulls out his trusty card table, chair, and clipboard

/Chris set up the table and sits in the chair

Okay, I need each of the combatants to sign up on the clip board.

I'll need:

Name
Character
History
Powers
Disadvantages

Also, I'll need to know if we want to do one on one fights, one big fight, or a brawl with infinite lives that people can come and go as they please.

Rockman the vote,
The Sinister Chris

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2002 1:40 am 
Addict

Commander Keen has a blaster, and a pogo-stick. That's it. Oh and if he get's bored, he just sits down and reads a book.

(I'm going with the second gen Keen)

>.>

<.<

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2002 2:06 am 
Addict

Yeah, I'm reminded of a young Bunny Jones.

But with more tentacles,
The Sinister Chris

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2002 2:39 am 
Addict

Heyawha?

>.>

<.<

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2002 6:40 am 
Addict

Well now this forum has gotten a boost.

*poof* changes into B.J. Blazkovitsj, Wolfstein veteran and grandfather of Billy Blaze.

"Nah"

*poof* changes into Squall Lionheart, SeeD commander and knight to Rinoa.

"Hmmm.... no. I want something with testosteron, and lots of it, with as little angsty thinking as possible"

*poof* changes into Duke Nukem, The King of Carnage and the boot against invading alien's ass.

"perfect."

Name: Duke Nukem.
Character: Testosteron driven, violent, oneliner spouting, strip dancers oggling, shadeswearing euhm.... hero.
History: Defeated the mad Dr. Proton, defeated the Rigelatins who wanted to suck out his brain and captured him while he was on Oprah, defeated another nameless alien race, defeated it by going back in time
, defeated it... euhm... again, then went into the future and helped the Unified Babe Resistance fight... more alien invaders.
Disadvantages: Easily distracted by females in scant clothing, not used to have heavy cerebral exercise (Any problem can be solved by a missile launcher)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2002 4:30 pm 
Addict

Good choice Rand.

NEXT!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2002 11:46 pm 
<font color=darkred><b>Lorem Ipsum

'that's good, snake, BUT YOU'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE ON THE @#$@#% BOAT!' otacon screams through the codec.
'oh. you sure?'
'yes. very sure.'
'it's just that i thought there was a metal-'
'just get to the #$^$%^#$ arena already you retarded gun-jockey!'
'sure, sure. jeeze, PMS really bad today, ya big bitch?'
*snake grabs a nearby wet cardboard box, and hides under it, just as a marine turns the corner.*
*as the marine walks past, snake jumps up, and sends him to the floor. after rifling through the mans belongings, snake comes out of the encounter with a rather tasty automatic rifle, some gum, and another pack of smokes.*
'think i can use all this' he mutters, reeling off the pros and cons of the automatic rifle he'd scored.
'just sut up and move it, snake.' otacon snaps
*snake grabs his soggy cardboard box and the gun and jumps into the freezing water, using the box as a boat.*
'jeeze, yer so bitchy today! go screw yer sister or something, and get off my case.'
*over the codec, snake hears the sound of otacon flipping him off.*
*snake begins paddling to shore, using the gun as the oar*
'goddamn it. thad friggin arena place had better be open'

OOC-as you may be able to tell, my snake is a hell of a lot more of an idiot than the 'real' solid snake. he's a bit of a jackass really.
roll call!
name - madadric
character - solid snake
history - been on the NES, playstation, and PS2(maybe others not sure). dont want to say too much about history, as i may spoil the plot for others who havn't played the games yet, so, snake has been a member of foxhound, an organisation dedicated to one-man missions dealing with terrorist freaks no one else can take out.
powers - snake becomes invisible when he hides under a box. he's good at finding weapons. if he gets 3 consecutive hits on you there's a good chance you'll fall over. he can smoke, but that's bad for his health. he can take out entire armies one by one. if he gets the night vision goggles, he can tell if you have a dog tag, and if your undies are clean. he's very good at destroying big bipedal weapons, but only if it has 'metal gear' in the name.
disadvantages - one moment, snake's instincts can seem frighteningly good, the next he can seem phenomonally stupid. solid snake is one ugly mo'fo. foxdie might kill him at any time. he starts with only a pack of cigarettes.
hope that's enough info for all of you that don't find it too much. snake'll get there in a few posts, but will you know it? /OOC

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: madadric on 2002-04-16 23:50 ]</font>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2002 1:11 am 
Addict

*Lei Fang smiles and sits back, watching as the others make their way to the signup sheet*

Well now, this should prove to be quite interresting. ^__~

[OOC]Well, let's get this shiznae started!
Name: Lei Fang
Games: Dead or Alive series, aka DOA
Look: Black leather shorts, skinfitting, with matching short-sleaved top, short cropped hairpullup into a ponytail, and two black wristgurads.
Home: China
Fighting Style: T'ai Chi Quan
Height: 5'4"
Weight: 110lbs
Measurements: 34", 22" 34"
Story: Lei Fang is renowned as a fighting genius, and her ultimate goal is to defeat Jann Lee in combat. Her intense desire to beat him is fueled by Jann Lee's typical dominance in the arena. It is for this reason alone that she has entered the <strike>Dead or Alive World Combat Championship</strike> Gamers Competition Arena. Well, that and her aspiration to be an announcer.
Tactics: Very agile on the defense, and reasonably good with offense, Lei Fang uses her training in T'ai Chi Quan to turn opponents attacks against them. Not one to use weapons in combat, she sees the use of suck as degrading to physical prowess. Rarely ever giving in, she sometimes has the flaw of being too involved, concentrating on one opponent, leaving her flank and rear open for attack. She also tends to taunt quite often, leaving herself open to simple attacks like sweeps and throws.
{/OOC]

*she strides over to the table and looks at Chris, smiling*

So, have you got an announcer yet? I doubt I shall be of much use to the combat oriented, but we shall see. *she nods* and pens her name in the "other" collumn*

[OOC]Well, here's one last thing... you didn't mention only being able to have one character... so I was curious if I, being mainly in the background this term, could have a second, for a possible co-announcer. Chris, you make the call. It won't be a fighter, and won't take away someone that anyone would possibly use. Or so I hope. :grin: But believe me, I have a great idea in mind... Heh heh heh...[/OOC]

-BiShouNenKaMi
No no no no no. ^__~

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2002 4:59 am 
Expatriate

Mario not that crappy 64 mario i mean the bad ass from such classic as SMB1 SMB3 SMW1 give me a feather and beat your ass down

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2002 2:07 am 
Addict

A car stops by, carrying Duke and two ladies to the arena. Today the Duke wears his usual fashionable red shirt, very stylishly ripped in some places. It combines style with use, as the blood is hardly noticable. The ensemble is completed by the no nonsense jeans, the combat boobs and of course, the sunglasses.

Okay.... let's try to do that again.

Duke drives his car full speed towards the arena front door, hitting the brakes at the last moment. Leaving the vehicle with a gorgeous babe on each side, he enters the complex to sign in. He then grabs a beer and sits down laughing at the other contestants, as one of the babes starts to lapdance, while the other gives him a backrub.

"A kid, some kind of cop and a plumber. I guess you will have to provide the action girls."

*notices Lei Fang*

"Hmmm... fighting chick. Wouldn't want to hurt her curves." *takes out ice thrower* "I'll just give her a Finnish treatment. First the ice, then the sauna."