ZOMBIE FORUMS

It's a stinking, shambling corpse grotesquely parodying life.
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:46 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2002 9:45 pm 
Addict

[This is sort of a sequel to "Revolution vs. the Establishment," only it will have more plot and will use characters from the RT universe (although this thread is not a part of the Road Trip universe itself).]

The city of City is in an uproar, for the Revolution has finally hit. After years of relative civil calm, many Americans have finally joined the fight against capitalism. For the past several years there have been periodic local, contained revolts in different towns and cities across the U.S.. However, none of them have been successful - until now.

The Cult of Godless Commie Traitors, an organization made up of Expatriates with leftist leanings, has managed to inspire a revolt within the city of City. The workers, aided by the Cult, have managed to take over the entire downtown area. Martial law has been declared in the rest of the city, and the U.S. government is now sending in special forces to combat the Red Menace.

Meanwhile, the Cult of Godless Commie Traitors meets in an abandoned warehouse to discuss their next course of action.

Icy: "Remember, guys, whatever we do, I, as an anarchist, don't want us to make ourselves a vanguard here. The emancipation of the working class can only be accomplished by the workers themselves."

Rand: "I agree with you to a point, comrade Icy. However --"

All of a sudden, the single door in the room explodes open. Out of the gaping hole where the door used to be comes...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: IcyMonkey on 2002-11-18 20:47 ]</font>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2002 11:13 pm 
Addict

Kitsune tumbles inside.

"Just what the HELL is going on?! You guys REALIZE, of course, that your 'revolutionaries' are currently tearing up the streets in your names? Unless you move it, the government's gonna be in the mood for some retribution!!"

Kit dashed back outside, trying to find a vehicle he could hotwire in time before Reagan showed up again, like last time . . .

Unlike before, he wasn't so keen to die for his country. He LIKED Icy and the others, and he didn't want to have to choose between his friends and the government.

OOC: Kit's less the pro-government guy he was in the original thread, so he'll be a little different. /OOC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2002 12:10 am 
Addict

Icy: "Well, that was... strange. Things have been getting very weird in City as of late. I really think we'd better investigate. And since our supposedly 'secret' hideout now has a gaping hole blown in it's side, I suggest we go and scope things out now."

And so, Icy carefully creeps his way out of the warehouse, BFRG in hand. The other cult members follow him. Outside, they find the atmosphere is somewhat chaotic but nonetheless inspiring. People in the street adressed each other as "comrade". Every shop in sight was collectivized - people could take from them what they pleased. A more unsympathetic observer might characterize their behavior as looting, but there was no longer anyone to loot from - the store-owners had long since been driven out, and the workers themselves ran the stores. All around uptown there was celebration - dancing, chanting, and a drum circle or two on every block.

However, a faint rumbling could be heard off in the distance. At first this did not worry Rand, Icy, and the others much. But as it got louder and louder, they realized that something was wrong. Then, they saw them, rounding a corner: half a dozen or so tanks, behind which were a mass of soldiers.

Icy readied his BFRG.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2002 11:44 am 
Addict

"SHIT shit shit shit!!"

Kit cursed as he found himself trapped behind a roadblock of who-knows-how-many tanks.

"Great . . . and most likely, they're gonna think I'm part of this . . ."

He stopped and ducked into an alleyway to think.

"What to do . . ."

He stopped thinking as he heard a rifle bolt cock loudly behind him. He raised his hands into the air and turned around.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2002 2:57 pm 
<font color=darkred><b>Lorem Ipsum

The figure stumbles down the alley, grimacing and gingerly exploring the large lump on his scalp, where the skin was slightly cut and leaking blood through his longish blonde hair and down his face, mumbling to himself. "owww..what's going on? man my head hurtss.."

The man doesn't remember much of the past 32 hours, a celebration of some sorts, a drunken bar fight, and later, getting jumped in the alley. now he was missing his wallet, his watch, his pistol, and his comfortable sneakers. "dammit, i'd just broken them in, too..."

all the fellow was left with was the bloodstained T-shirtm his jeans, a large dark overcoat, and wet, dirty socks, one of which had half slipped off and slaps wetly as he stumbles forward, stopping often to lean on the walls.

on one off these stops, Marcus Brodan feels particularly dizzy, and crouches down on the wall, catching his breath, and trying to collect his thoughts. He and his partner Darikathistlix (thistle for short) had been celebrating the successful comletion of their first job as Paranormal Mercenaries, when a brawl in the bar they were drinking at had broken out..a bunch of communists or something , Brodan paid little attention to politics...

"wonder what happened to Thistle?" Brodan mutters thickly, trying to piece the events into a coherent timeline. The fight had gone outside, andthe two paranormals had been seperated, after chasing one of the brawlers for a distance, brodan had been jumped by a group of looters in this alley.

Sighing, Brodan stands up once again, and braces himself on the wall to fight off the bout of dizzyness from the sudden movement, only to bump into a man he hadn't noticed, who was aiming a rifle at someone else. the rifle goes off, and misses the target entirely.

"woah!"

OOC: a quick blurb about Brodan. He's a paranormal mercenary, basically, he and his bussiness partner hire themselves and their powers out...perhaps they aided in the inital part of the revolution, maybe they were in town for entirely different reasons.

Brodan is a vegetarian, because of his uniqe power. he's a cannibal, the flesh he eats gives him memories and abilities of those he eats for a short period of time.

for instance, a cup of blood will give him recent memories and impresions, up to about 6 hours ago. a chunk of flesh will impart physical skills for about three hours, more flesh will impart more skills and physical attributes for about 12 hours. bone marrow can impart a total physical transformation for 12 hours, and skills and memories for 8.

brain matter imparts an almost total physical and psychological change for 24 hours.

Brodan isn't proud of his power, and finds it extremely distasteful. he does have some human jerky for emergencies, to gain certain skills in a crisis. his power does not depend on his 'food' being alive OR dead, the meat can be as fresh or as preserved as possible, so long as it isn't spoiled and makes him sick.

Brodan steers clear of animal meat for one simple reason..he hates thinking like livestock.

i'll do up a pic and post it after some sleep./OOC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2002 8:37 pm 
Addict

Kitsune rolls out of the way as the gun fires, three thoughts going through his head.

<i>1. These guys don't care who's on what side, if they see they'll shoot.

2. Obviously, this means if I run into military, I'm liable to get shot.

3. I'm not going down quietly, if so.</i>

He snaps out of the roll and into a crouch almost instantaneously, hand glowing a bright white and the space around him folding in on itself like it was a piece of paper onto which someone dropped a heavy weight. He spoke one syllable, a word that, if the soldiers had known a thing about Hyperspace and specifically Kit, would have them running away in terror.

"Boost."

And with that, Kit was through them so fast their heads spun, the shock wave bouncing the guns out of their startled hands and knocking them off balance. He skidded to a halt behind them, alnmost runnign into some idiot who tried to stagger out of the way. Kit filed him under "worry about later" and turned back to the soldiers.

Deep red pulsing cables trembled underneath his skin, raw power oozing off them and raising the hackles of every living thing around.

<b><font color=orangered>"You just picked the wrong person to mess with . . . Now, it's time to show you the error of your ways."</font></b>

He grinned, and the soldiers felt their clothes ripped away in the first wave of what appeared to be a roiling mass of white insanity--the very inexistence of unreality, harnessed by the only person who could do so. The next wave hit, and they screamed as the first layer of skin, along with their hair, vanished instantly. The muscle tissue followed, and shortly the organs boiled away into nothing, leaving merely the white bones. Soon, they vanished as well.

The white mass destabilized and dissipated into a nearby building, blowing it up as unreality and reality canceled each other out, as was their wont without a controlling force. Kitsune fell to his knees, whistling.

"Whooeee . . . gotta take it easy . . . Can only take control of that stuff for a short while when I'm not pissed off . . ."

He stood up, first taking it by his knee and then straightening up to his full height.

He turned back to the completely confused man he had seen earlier.

"Uhm . . . yes? Is there a problem?"

"Er . . . no . . . ah, bugger . . ." The man seemed to want to ask him something, but Kit was damned if he knew what.

(What Broden was trying to say, as it would later be found, was "You need a job?" But that's unimportant.)

Kit huffed in frustration, and turned, walking out of the alley and into the warzone.

"Shit." <i>Out of the frying pan and into the fire,</i> he thought, as he took in the chaos around him . . .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2002 9:46 pm 
Native

*had just arived at City via teleporter* shit what's happening down there he asks no one *looks down from roof top. then he jumps down onto a soldiers's head breaking his neck then back flips onto the road.*

Soldier> what the hell *pulls out gun*

Riuku>nope but close *lets off a wave of energy cutting the man in half* Now this is fun. *blasts a tank causeing it to explode*
OCC keeps haveing "fun" OCC

I'll draw it on my wrist.
And with this pretty picture,
A fountain will appear.
And with this flowing fountain,
All problems disappear!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2002 12:51 am 
<font color=darkred><b>Lorem Ipsum

two things are clear in the jumble that is brodan's mind.

1) HOLY CRAP!
2) we gotta get this guy for the agency.

then common sense rights itself, and Brodan deides that he'd better get up and moving before trouble comes looking for him.

with a little effort, Brodan manages to get to his feet once more, and wobble dizily out of the alleyway,

and into the path of an advancing tank! "shit!" with a complete lack of grace, Brodan dives out of the way of the tank, only to bump into another soldier, who knocks the groggy man back on his ass and points the rifle at his head. "face down on the ground, hands on your head!" In no state to fight or argue, Brodan obeys, and his hands are roughly tied with a quick-tie, and he is unceremoniously arrested and carried off to one of the concentration camps in the section of the city still under govornment control.

OOC:more from brodan later./OOC