ZOMBIE FORUMS

It's a stinking, shambling corpse grotesquely parodying life.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:08 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2002 5:01 pm 
Addict

Vandal was sitting in his bunk, well hammock actually, when the Fortuna had taken off from the pirate base. The book held in his hand swayed back and forth from the liftoff motion, but it didn't bother him. The cybernetic implant in place of his left eye whirred a bit as he adjusted for the movement. Suddenly, red lights began flashing throughout the ship, a klaxon sounding.

Falling from his hammock, the mechanic/ Valkyrie pilot scrambled into a pair of shoes and a flight suit, sprinting to the hangar bay. A pair of crew members already had his personal suit ready to go. Vaulting the railing, he landedon the service platform, interrogating the two crewmen about what was happening. He could see the other pilots scrambling into the cokpits all around the hangar bay. The shining silver beasts of war were ready and prepped.

A quick flick of a toggle switch calle up the comms channel to the main bridge. Sliding the rest of the way into his cockpit he nodded as he watched the captain's face show up on the screen.

"Captain, what the hell's going on around here? We under attack? And are we launching to rip p some bad guys?"

"Stand by Vandal, it doesn't appear that we're under attack. The pirate base we just left on the other hand, seems to be getting pounded on by some privateer. Looks like they're affiliated with the USSF. You'll have any further info when we get it. Just stand by and wait for now."

"Roger that captain, and the Rogue here are waiting and ready. Oh and captain, I made some new improvements to the Rogue. I think you'll like them."

Vandal grinned and rubbed a hand along the dash infront ofhim as the comms channel went down. He leaned back in his seat and ran through a routine of checking and re-checking everything, especially the changes and adjustments he had made to the weapons and propulsion system....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2002 6:51 pm 
Addict

"Damn those idiots...There goes Haven IV."

The Fortuna had gone into Red Alert when we had recieved information that the Asteroid Base Haven IV was being attacked by a Privateer that fit the description of Goldstandard.

That Goldstandard is going into my profits...and my safe harbors. That asshole just doesn't know when to quit! The next time I sight him, I'll make sure that he never flys another parsec.

Suddenly, I get a message from Vandalheart, my Third in Command and Commander of the MS Corps when I'm in command of the Fortuna. After getting him calmed down a bit I order the Lt.Commander and Commander Adept to my cabin. Once I leave the ship in command of Lt. Lefler, we three go into my cabin.

"Ok...here's the story gentlemen: Haven IV has been attacked...by Goldstandard."

VH: What? I thought he was still on Earth doing shit there?

SA: I'm afraid not Vandal. I can only guess that he went there to get those Nuke missiles Riuku took.

"That was my idea too...I'm almost tempted to find Riuku and throw him into Earth's atmosphere...without a reentry ship."

This elicits a couple chuckles.

I sit down in my chair behind my desk.

"Since we still have that 'cargo' aboard, we need to get rid of it and get the money...and since Haven IV wasn't going to be giving as much as we wanted for it, then we'll go to Haven VII before pursuing Goldstandard. I'm sure that Haven VII will be more than willing to purchase the 'cargo'...especially after hearing about Haven IV. Silver, I want you to put us on Yellow alert, in case that bastard decides to take us on, we'll be ready for him. Vandal, I want you and the other pilots to be on 5 min. readiness. I'm not going to be lax like those others."

Both: Yes sir.

VH: Do you want me to get the Virsyon ready too, sir?

"It won't hurt. I'll be down there in a few minutes."

VH: Sir!

Vandal leaves, leaving myself and Silver in my room.

SA: What do we do if we do run into Riuku?

"I've been thinking about that. It might be time to reorganize the Guild, but for now we'll be there to help him if necessary. I can't attack a member of the Guild unless there's absolute proof of their incompetance. We'll wait, and when he fucks up...we'll get him and take everything that's his, plus get more say in the Guild. For now...keep this under your hat."

SA: Done sir. We'll arrive at Haven VII in about 8 hours.

"Good, if you need me I'll be in the MS Deck"

We both leave and I head down to check on my Virsyon plus to get my men ready for the need to fight.

Sifu of Corpse Child

Caecus fides est hostilis veritatis

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2002 7:11 pm 
Native

*riuku comes out of warp his ship says he is only a small ways away frome the base* thoes morons better have delt with that ship or i'm gonna have some target practice. *he speeds to Haven IV at top speed.*

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Riuku on 2002-12-04 18:13 ]</font>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2002 6:03 am 
Native

*PGS thinks for a second about Mads suggestion*

PGS: A landing team will take too long, we have only a matter of minutes before the pirates get here, and I want to avoid a fight if at all possible.

I have an idea. Shunt all power to the forward laser cannon, perhaps we can blast a hole to the center of the rock and launch a probe to go down the tunnel and download the data cores. If it works, we can send a blockbuster down there and bust up the whole rock and salvage its contents, and decode the data at our leisure!

Mad: Good idea. Shunting all power to the forward laser cannon.

*The Laser cannon fires, melting through the solid rock, making a tunnel to the center of the asteroid.*

Mad: Launching Probe!

*The probe makes its way to the center, and downloads all the data.*

PGS: Shit... *looks at the data* They didn't even encrypt this stuff! I bet they never expected anyone to be able to get at it.

Mad: Launching blockbuster!

*The base breaks up into several large chunks, exposing all the wreakage left inside.*

PGS: Ok, now lets see what we can find! What do you see Mad?

Mad: Nothing yet... Wait, I am picking up faint traces of radiation... I see the missiles! Damn, they don't even have a scratch on them!

PGS: Yes, they have to be strong enough to hold together and focus the blast, so a conventional bomb wouldn't dent them. The pirates did a lousy job of lining them with radiation shielding though. Keep them in the hazardous materials cargo bay. There seems to be only ten of them, so we should have just enough room. Launch recovery drone.

Mad: Aye sir, launching drone.

*After the last missile is recovered, a new ship appears on the scanners.*

PGS: Uh Oh, looks like Riuku showed up, at his speed he will be in firing range in only about 20 seconds!

Mad: We won't be able to warp in time before he gets here even if I shunt all power to the engines, and this cargo is weighing us down! On top of that we used up all of our good offencive weaponry in the attack on the base!

PGS: I got a plan. Prep a homing emp dispersion missile, and wait for my signal. It won't kill him, but it will disable him long enough for us to escape.

Mad: Missile preped!

*PGS looks nervously at his scanner, waiting for Riuku to come into range.*

PGS: FIRE!

*Mad launches the missile, and the approaching ship tries to evade but gets disabled for a few precious seconds.*

PGS: Shunt all power to engines! Get us the hell out of here!

Mad: Whew...

*After my ship makes its escape, a few seconds later Riuku's ship restarts, too late to destroy us.*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2002 2:54 pm 
Addict

I make my way down to the MS Deck and bump into my Mechanic, Kimi. Brunette shoulder-length, green eyes, Asian through and through plus a undying devotion to me...not to mention a good screw at night. None of the other men will touch or go after her because they respect her work...and they would fear my wrath WHEN I would find out.

K: I just heard from Vandal, I'm heading down to do a final check on Virsyon...by the way, you've got a little schmutz on your collar.

I look down and pick it off my collar and chuckle.

"Where would I be without you, huh?"

K: That would be a scary thought.

Before we enter the Deck, I turn to her and press her up against the bulkhead. I taste her lips with mine and enjoy the embrace then we break the contact.

K: What was that for?

"Because I'm still remembering what we did last night...and I just wanted to. You wouldn't refuse your Captain that much would you?"

K: Of course not.

"That's my girl. Now let's get shit ready. Haven IV has been destroyed and Haven VII will HAVE TO buy the twin Ion cannon we 'accrued' with our contact with the Troyian Battleship. I need it ready to go within 6 hours, we'll be docking at VII in about 8."

K: It'll be ready...have I ever let you down before?

"Never."

We both enter the Deck and while some are coming up to me to try to get straight answers, the ones that know they have shit to do are still working.

"Everyone, listen up! Haven IV has been destroyed so we no longer have a safe harbor there. However the bastard that did it could be coming after us next so I need you all to be in tip-top condition...as well as these Mechs. Do your job and we'll be just fine. Now, as you were."

They go back to work, with a increased air of determination to make sure that everything is going at full power and readiness. Kimi just winks at me with that all-knowing smile and I make my way up to Vandal and the other pilots.

"You all heard?"

Pilot 3: Yes Sir. We'll be ready whenever you need us to.

"Good. Two of you can be in your Mechs now, the rest of you try to relax a bit. Rotate every couple hours."

All: Sir!

I then pat Vandal on the back and make my way out. As I do, I look deeper into my ship and see the Twin Ion Cannon getting prepped for show and hopeful delivery.

2 Billion Credits, here I come.

8 hours later

"Take us out of Warp and proceed at Port speed. Activate Stealth."

All: Aye sir.

The Fortuna makes its way to Haven VII and a hopeful good business transaction.

SA: Docking complete, Captain.

"Good, if you need me I'll be discussing things with 'Big Guy'."

SA: Very well sir.

I disembark and make my way to a waiting ziplimo to take myself to the Operator of Haven VII, a Sigurthan with such a wierd name that he lets me call him 'Big Guy.' There's nothing wierder than having to talk to a creature that looks more like a Praying Mantis than a human, but he's a shrewd business man I'll give him that.

Sifu of Corpse Child

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2002 6:24 pm 
Addict

Vandal steadied himself against a cable as the Fortuna docked in Haven VII. With his other hand he quickly finished off the sandwich he had been eating and called over one of the other pilots.

"Ayame, I need to head into the base for a short bit. Need to pick up some new power couplings and a package of lenses for the targeters. You're in charge until I get back. Keep these jokers on standby, just in case. Two pilots inat all times like the captain said. I shouldn't be long."

He leaned forwarda bit to kiss the red haired pilot on the cheek.

"And if yer lucky, we'll have some time off tonight, eh?"

The woman smile at hims and swatted him with her clipboard before sauntering her sexy ass back over to the others.

"Heh, never can get enough of her. Hey, Grease Monkey, come with me why don't ya, need a hand in picking some things up."

The young mechanic nodded and hurried over, followig Vandal down into the base, making a beeline for the local "hardware" store.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2002 6:33 pm 
Native

GODDAMNIT GODDAMNIT GODDAMNIT GODDAMNIT!!!!!!! *Riuku punches the console makeing sparkes fly* that... that BASTARD. ARG *riuku sets his ship to haven VII to get some people to "help" him get GS* man i'm gonna kill him, then i'll kill anyone who's ever known him and his family THEN i'll kill his dog!!! *he zipps off into the warp.*

I'll draw it on my wrist.
And with this pretty picture,
A fountain will appear.
And with this flowing fountain,
All problems disappear!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2002 8:03 pm 
Native

*PGS sits in his chair, introspectively pondering the events of the previous few hours.*

PGS: We've made a lot of new enemies today Mad. I was just looking at the scan data we got on that odd ship we saw, and I know who it is.

Mad: It's the Fortuna, isn't it?

PGS: Yep. And the captain is none other than Bandman. He isn't as famous as Riuku, but that is only because he is low key. All the best pirates in history were never very famous because they never got caught by the authorities. All the most famous ones, the ones like Blackbeard and all the others back in 17th and 18th century Earth were failures, because they got caught in the end. The same goes for space. Riuku and all of the rest of his ilk are good at what they do, but they are sloppy and lax. They don't last long, and one mistake is all you need to get them, but Bandman doesn't make mistakes often, if at all.

Mad: Well, if that is the case, how did you get to know so much about him?

PGS: We served together in the Earth/Vegan war as mercenaries. After the war ended 15 years ago, I decided to become a Privateer. I offered Bandman to join me, but he refused, saying there wasn't enough money in it. I never saw him again. Then I started to hear rumors in bars, as you have also, about some new pirate who has a ship with unheard of firepower. After a while I finally found out the name of the pirate. His name was Bandman. After some digging, I managed to obtain some scan data that survived one of his attacks.

*Pulls out a data cube, brings up a grainy image showing the Fortuna, and compares it with the new data.*

Mad: Perfect match.

PGS: Exactly. Bandman knows how the USSF operates, and he knows how to run a tight ship. On top of that his ship is way bigger than ours and we can't match his firepower.

Mad: So, what do we do then?

PGS: As you know, we are heading back to the USSF shipyards in orbit above Luna (Earths Moon).

We aren't going there to rearm...

*Our ship comes out of warp, and flys towards the shipyards. In the distance, a new ship can barely be made out.*

OOC Sorry I wasn't able to finish this with a description of the ship. I got to go to work. Ill continue later. OOC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2002 10:40 pm 
Native

*Riuku comes outta warp. he sees he warped to the place he wanted* well finally, i really need to fix that. i always over-shoot. *he sets a corse to dock in havenVII he looks out the front window of his ship , he sees something that catches his eye.*

well i'll be, the Fortuna. i'll have to have a talk with Bandman... havent seen him in a while.
*the com link crackles and a conductor appears on the screen* you are prepared for docking?

Riuku> yes.
Conductor> head for dock F6 please.

*Riuku docks his ship and pays the docking fee. then he heads to The Fortuna.*

A fountain will appear.
All problems disappear!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2002 7:22 am 
Native

*As our ship moves in closer, more details become visible on the new ship.*

PGS: With all the money we've been making, I thought it was about time we traded in our old ship for something a bit more modern, and bigger too.

Mad: Wow, so whats under the hood?

PGS: Well, the ship is only slightly smaller than the Fortuna, but more strongly built. I had it custom built with a frame milled from a solid block of titanium and it incorporates all the latest advances in shipbuilding technology. It is powered by four industrial grade fusion reactors, with enough power that we can use energy weapons exclusively if we want too, and not have to carry all that bulky ammo and missiles. The hull is triple layered armor with the outermost layer consisting of mostly reflective crystaline plate, the middle of high strength aluminum/titanium alloys, and the innermost layer of buckytube fibers, the strongest armor available. I would have made it all buckytube fiber but it would have been too expensive.

Mad: Damn, that is one hell of a ship! So what new weapons do I get to play with?

PGS: Well, the ship is equiped with 8 pulse cannon turrets, 14 high energy plasma cannons, 8 missile tubes, 4 intercepter guns, as well a heavy rail gun turret which can penetrate armor plate up to 20 feet thick. In addition to that it has stealth and the best electronics package money can buy.

Oh, and I have a present for you waiting inside it...

Mad: Really? What is it?

PGS: Come with me.

*Our old ship docks with the new one, and PGS and Mad walk through the main corridor, where the new recruits are lined up, reporting for duty. PGS takes a moment to check in on the personel officer to see how he is doing.*

Personel Officer: Oh, hello Goldstandard! All the new crewmembers we hired have shown up, I only got a few more to process.

PGS: Good, carry on.

*Just as Mad and I are leaving, two young women walk up to the personel officers desk to check in. They were twins...*

First Twin: Ensign Annie Holfield reporting in!

Second Twin: Ensign Angie Holfield reporting in!

Mad: *Looks at the hot chicks.* Oh Goldstandard, you shouldn't have! I LOVE twins!

PGS: Goddamnit Mad! The Twins are not my gift to you! They two of the new intercepter gunners! Can you please refrain from seducing them long enough for me to show you the real gift?!

Mad: Okay... Hey, I am the weapons officer, what weapons do I control?

PGS: The new AI that is incorporated in this ship takes over most scan and weapon functions, so I have been able to eliminate the need for a scan/weapons officer and replace it with a few people to man the intercepter guns.

Mad: WHAT! YOUR ELIMINATING MY JOB?!

PGS: Take it easy, I have a new job for you.

Mad: Like what, the janitor?

PGS: No, Amy is in charge of <i>that</i>. I got something a little better for you. Come with me, we are almost there.

*We both enter a giant bay, which looks like a figher bay but not quite. As we round a corner, the entire bay comes into full view and reveals 4 top of the line Mobile Suits.*

PGS: I still remember reading that you were mobile suit certified in your resume Mad. Now you get to put that skill to use.

Mad: Wow! It has been a while since I piloted one though...

PGS: I know. That is why you are going to start practicing again right now. All four of them are preped for immediate launch. Pick one out and give it a spin. Try all of them and let me know what you want to fly regularly. While you are flying, I'll go ahead and tell USSF headquarters about the missiles and give them a copy of all the data.

Oh, and one more thing. That data we got has the coordinates of all seven of the pirate bases. No doubt that the USSF will send in a massive attack force soon.

Mad: *Looking gleefully at the mobile suits* Great. When do we leave?

PGS: We are still putting on the finishing touches, and the ship won't be ready for another week. We will have to sit this one out unfortunately.

Which gives you time to train. Get busy.

*PGS leaves Mad to his new toys and heads up to the bridge to share his knowledge with the USSF.*

OOC Well Mad, have fun! Oh, and you pirates better be ready, the whole USSF fleet is coming for you. You better hope the ion cannon comes in handy...

Bad boys bad boys, whatcha gonna do, whatcha gonna do when they come for you?

Sorry, couldn't resist... OOC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2002 2:57 pm 
Addict

The Ziplimo lands at the front steps of 'Big Guy's mansion. I make my way up the steps and ring the doorbell.

"Bandman, I have an appointment."

The door opens and I get escorted inside. The inside of the place is stuffed with Booty accrued during Big Guy's time as a Pirate in the "Good ol' days"

I go into his massive study and there he sits/hovers while going on in his native tongue. I respond in kind.

"<Do you really have to spend THAT much on the third wife? I'm disappointed in you.>"

BG(in English): When you've got a wife, then you can talk, you stupid human. For now, get your ass over here and let me shake your hand.

I go up to him and shake both his claws while we both laugh it up.

BG: So, it's been over a year since you've come to see me. I swear Howard Crassus, you've been one hell of a pirate...but you don't call, you don't write.

"I'm sorry about that Big, but things have been busy. And please, call me Bandman. My real name could still get me in trouble...and I don't want to put your house in jeopardy."

BG: So, what brings you here to Haven VII?

"There's been a massive shift in power. Haven IV has been destroyed."

BG: What? When?

"Less than 12 hours ago...by Goldstandard"

BG: Should've figured that he'd be on your ass. You think he's still sore about what happened between you two after the Earth/Vegan War?

"I wouldn't be surprised. But he's the least of my problems. I have a proposition for you, namely helping to protect Haven VII."

BG: What do you have in mind, my friend?

"It's an Dual Ion Cannon, off a Troyian Battleship."

BG: How the hell did you get that? The Troyians are the most vicious midgets ever to sail through the Galaxy!

"True. If you say even one word that could be misinterpreted as being an insult to their lack of height, they'll blow you to bits. However, I was able to work over a 5 day period and grab the Battleship Emerald.(Sorry about the obvious jab to Oz) We were able to kill the entire crew so no one knows what happened to her, unless they can catch a smidge of slag from the star I threw the hulk into after taking all the prizes I could off it."

BG: Nice, nice. So...now I know why you're offering that Ion Cannon to us. How much are you asking for it?

"Two Billion"

Big Guy chokes on his cigar.

BG: What? You've GOT to be kidding me! Do you realize how much I would have to liquidate to even come close to that much?

"I know, Big but I need the money...and I want to sell this to you so you can protect yourselves. If I know Goldstandard, he's gotten as much info as he could from Haven IV so he'll know the existance of all the remaining Haven bases...including this one. All you would have to do is hold out until we activate our next series of Haven bases. This Ion Cannon will help you when the USSF Fleet comes knocking on your door...and I'm not sure I would be around to save you. I've got a feeling that Goldstandard and I are going to be going at it in the not too distant future. Tell you what, for you, I'll drop it down to 1.25 billion credits."

Big Guy ponders the new world he's having to deal with...and his priorities.

BG: Deal. 1.25 billion will be sent to your hidden accounts. When can I expect to get it?

"I've got it on the Fortuna now. She's ready to hook up and protect within 2 hours."

BG: Alright How-I mean Bandman. You watch your back, you hear?

"I learned from the best Big...you just be careful too. Say hi to the kids for me...all 93 of them."

BG: It's the least I can do.

Suddenly I get a call-up from my comm.

"Excuse me Big...This is Bandman, go ahead."

SA: Sir, we've caught sight of Riuku entering Dock F6...and he's heading towards us. What do you want me to do with him?

"I'd normally tell you to smite his ass, but invite him in and keep him in my cabin. I'll be there shortly. Big's going to buy the "cargo" so tell Kimi to get it moved and hooked up with the Defense Net within 2 hours."

SA: Aye sir. Fortuna out.

I salute Big and make my way to the ziplimo to return to the Fortuna and to confront Riuku.

I make it to the ship and charge my way inside. When I open the door to my cabin, I see Silver keeping Riuku entertained with small talk. I barge in, surprise Riuku and then surprise Silver when I grab Riuku's throat and lift him out of the chair.

I slam him onto my desk and let the Fury flare from my eyes.

"How stupid are you for Christ's sake? You leave those damned missiles on Haven IV then let Gold come in, destroy the base and probably compromise the entire Haven Network! I should shoot you out the nearest airlock *pulls out blaster* in fact how about I shoot you now!"

Silver holds my hand back in the hopes of getting me from doing something that would screw us all up. Riuku breaks from my contact and gets as far away from me as he can. I calm down and hand my blaster to Silver who powers it down and holsters it with him.

R: How Dare YOU! You put your hands on me! Were of the same Guild!

"I know that Riuku, but it was your incompetance that let things go the way they did. How many times has your daddy told you to never use the Haven bases as warehouses for your hot merchandise? Now thanks to you, your father and all the elders in the Guild have to activate the new line of the Haven Network ahead of schedule...not to mention the fact that you were playing around."

Riuku had by this time gotten very mad at the idea of being scolded by me, someone other than his father who was one of the elders.

R: I'll get your drummed out of the Guild, and hunted for the rest of your life! You insolent...

"I seriously doubt it. Considering the Missile Heist was YOUR baby and it was on YOUR watch that Haven IV was taken out...there's no way you could put any blame on me."

Riuku seemed really stand-offish at this moment, but it looked like some Clarity entered his mind.

R: Well, since you know that it was Goldstandard that did this, would you be willing to help me take him out?

"I'll take him out, but not because of any sympathy from you. Gold and I have a history going back aways so don't confuse my co-operating with you as belief in your abilities...I've got my own reasons."

R: Good enough. I would highly suggest that we keep this in this room.

"Agreed."

Riuku then leaves my room and makes his way out of the Fortuna.

"I know Silver, it wasn't my smartest thing to do."

SA: Well, Duh!

"The second we get the Ion Cannon hooked up to Haven VII's Defense Net, get everyone back onboard and depart."

SA: Any notion as to where sir?

"Home. Considering how long it's been since we've gone back..."

SA: Say no more sir. Home it is.

The Defense Net accepted the new Dual Ion Cannon and with a test firing, it proved to have the power to decimate a massive force of ships. Big Guy was pleased. Kimi made it back as did Vandal with his parts he needed. We departed and engaged Stealth as we warped to our home base. The biggest battle in my life was going to start soon. I just knew it.

(OOC: I'll be unavailable for the weekend so Vandal can work with my character if need be...but it'll take 2 days to reach the home base. So when we make it, Gold & Mad'll still have 5 days left. See you all on Monday)

Sifu of Corpse Child

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2002 2:58 pm 
<font color=darkred><b>Lorem Ipsum

Mad looks at the Mobile suit, and hold's down the lump in his throat. "it..it's the MOST WONDERFUL thing i have ever seen..."

Mad walks up to the combat unit, and rests his hand on one of the finger plates, and just soaks the creature in. It sits crouched down, one hand resting back, the other firmly planted on the floor of the hold. the head is lowered in an agressive pose, and the whole unit just emenates malice. "death in alloy-plated poetry."

The design is sleek, with none of the superfluous frills that so many suit pilots seem to favor, the armor isn't thick, but it's the best. all ill feeling about GS's stingy pay rate dfly right out of mad's head as he studies the sublime creation of death and destruction before him. he climbs into the cockpit, and powers the beast up.

a freindly, female voice chimes in his ear as the system's AI comes online "welcome to the RV series custom model 1422. please register pilot's name."

Mad can't help the grin splitting his face as he announces his name to the AI "madadric."

"confirmed. pilot madadric registered. please register a name for the RV series custom model 1422."

without a moment's hesitation, mad pick the name out of an old, cherished memory, and almost lovingly speaks it. "Luci. you name is Luci."

"confirmed. RV series custom model 1422 now registered as luci. please follow the procedure for control familiarisation."

for the next 1/2 an hour, mad goes through the routine of customizing settings, going through the feedback options to help the AI adjust to his physiqe and movement style. After the half hour, the AI announces completion.

"setup complete. for further familiarisation, please pilot Luci for 2 hours in combat simulation."

"my dear, it will be my pleasure and privilidge." with that mad takes the mech out the hanger doors and puts it and himself through it's paces, performing a variety of manouvers that would have crushed his frail, fleshy body were it not for some genetic enhancements he'd recieved in the womb which strengthened his body agains heavy G and Luci's state of the art inertia dampeners.

After five solid hours of 'familiarization', mad once again docks luci and climbs out of the cockpit, covered in sweat, and acheing all over from the stresses on his body high G manouvers cause. The newly hired engineering officer walks up to mad, a mild smile on his face. "some nice flying there man, you really took her through her paces."

"thanks, she's a beautiful bird." mad removes his glove sticks out his sweaty hand. "name's Mad."

The engineer takes mad's hand in a firm handshake. "gerome. i'm glad you like her. modified her myself."

Mad nods. "some very nice work. really well balanced weapon selection. how'd you know what i liked?"

"are you kidding? i followed the wars on Titan. you were like a folk hero, man. Adric the mad, in his modified RV 21, greates damn guerilla pilot of our time." mad laughs at the gleam in the man's eyes, a little embarressed at the fandom.

"not the greatest, just one of the luckiest. and that was a quite few years ago now, there is some pretty good young blood out there. Youd's have to have heard of The Vandal."

the man nods, and begins walking over to a nearby crate, mad follows. "yeah, heard he was making some real waves, then just vanished. rumor says, he hooked up with some pirates."

the two stiop at the crate, and Gerome reaches in. "i got this made for you too, hope i got it right." the engineer pulls out a large decal, a stylised picture of a naked, purple girl, with dark blue hair and odd tentacles coming off her back, and ending in openings that suspiciously resemble certain female anatomy. written around the girl in red writing is the word "LUCI"

Mad takes the decal, and admires it. "man, its...perfect. you really did your homework."

Gerome blushes a little, and takes his cap off to run his hand through his short hair. "like i said, i'm a fan."

after some small talk, mad once again spots the holfield twins, who seem to be running through a checklist and inspecting several crates. "hey, those ladies look like they need some gentlemanly company and a few drinks. comin' over?"

gerome shrugs. "sure, i'm pretty much just triple-and quadruple-checking anyway. a bit nervous, what with this being the ship';s maiden voyage and all. a cold one is really what i need right now."

the two walk over, and mad introduces himself and gerome. "evening ladies. we met before. name's mad, and this is Gerome. anything we can help with?"

"well, you could help us with our checklist. we gotta make sure all the ammo's here for the projectile weapons and get it stored." the one mad thinks is Angie says in a not unfreindly, but bussinesslike tone.

"sure," mad says, moving to the task. "afterwards, wanna go and grab a beer? me and gerome are going down to this quiet little out-of-the-way place i know. the other twin, Annie's eyes narrow at the offer. "you're the guy privateer goldstandard warned us about, aren't you? some big-shot seducer."

Mad feigns a hurt, innocent look, that could never be considered lying, because he does such an obviously poor job of it. "ladies! i'm hurt! i hope you will judge me by my actions, and not other's words, even if they are the words of such a great captain as our esteemed GS."

Annie continues to scowl, but Angie laughs a little as she goes about her job. "well, we'll see."

OOC:how could i resist? i'll tell you. i couldn't. /OOC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2002 8:35 pm 
Addict

Vandal sat in his cabin, going through a series of checklists. Each was a list of parts and equipment that had been purchased for the suits and the ship, a pretty big list. He had gone all out today, probably spent a little more than he should have, but he felt the situation warranted it. This business with Riuku and Goldstandard worried him. Riuku was good at what he did, but he just didn't have the style and skill to make it all work right. He was more like a barbarian at the gate, while the crew of the Fortuna were the master thief, in and out without anyone the wiser, witnesses gone, loot in the pocket.

Taking a drag from his cigarette, he glanced over at Ayame's sleeping form in the hammock. great woman, she was. One of the few he had found who was willing to be with a cybered-out pirate like him. His left eye whirred and shifted as he turned back to the vid screen in front of him.

The stats and specs flew by on the holographic projection screen faster than a human could possibly read. One of the advantages to being a cyber, he could take in all this info in an eyeblink. Made flyin a suit all that much easier.

He scrolled through a list of personell assigned to Goldstandard's ship. He wasn't sure how accurate the report was, as it was a bit out of date. USSF crews changed all the time. So far nothing had caught his eye, so he kept scrolling. And then a name made him stop. He stopped the scroll and pulled up the file listing, or what he could of it. He frowned and then cursed. And then he grinned, a wolfish half eager expression.

"Adric the Mad."

He stamped the cigarette butt into the ashtray, the mechanism whirring slightly as the butt was disposed of, sent to be decomposed, the usable remains slavaged, the rest disintegrated. Leaning back in his chair, Vandal stared up into a painting above his desk. Six people stared back at him, including himself. His graduating class, helmets under their arms. A different life, a different time. He had been happy then for a while. He had been human.

The six of them had graduated together, best friends. Remy, Aya, Gratinger, Leon, Amy, and himself. They had all had such grand ambitions, great dreams, a charmed life in their future. Boy had they been wrong.

Remy and Amy had been stationed together on Solamis IV for a while. They had died together, lovers till the end. The aliens had swarmed over the planet in no time, decimating the population. There hadn't been any survivors. The planet had been wiped clean two earth days later.

Aya came down with some sort of sickness. She had picked it up on a search and rescue mission of the surface of Io. The doctors never did figure out what it was.

Leon, the hero of Tora Lao, was killed in a barfight that he didn't even start. Some idiot had pulled ab laster pistol in the middle of space station. A stray shot punctured a can of cleaning solution. It exploded, taking with a piece of the hull, the force had been so powerful. Everyone in the block of the station had died.

Gratinger was the last of them to have gone. He had been serving as an escort for the USSF trade ship Malkin. The Fortuna had hit the ship halfway through their trip, when they were so far from any help, they didn't stand a chance. Vandal had killed Gratinger himself, in suit combat. They hadn't recognised each other until the very end, and while Vandal had pulled back, Gratinger hadn't. Damnable sense of duty the kid had...

Vandal sighed and lit another cigarete. The various parts of his body alternately whirred and clicked as he moved, so soft that it was normally inaudible. He had been caught in an explosion. The ship he had been escorting had run itself into an asteroid field, due to a shoddy hyperspace coordinate. they had emerged in the middle of it. No one had the chance to get out. The main ship had gone up in seconds, and asteroid the size of a mobile suit punching through it's hull. The explosion had disabled his propulsion systems, and shot him out of the field. Dying, helpless, and angrier than he had ever been in his life, Vandal had waited, watching the life support gauge drop lower and lower with his one reamining eye. And then he blacked out.

He had awakened in the infirmary of the Fortuna. The captain had rescued him, helped him. Eventually, he earned eough to completely replace all the bits and pieces he had lost in the accident. No, the incident of ignorance. He had been with the Fortuna, and the captain, ever since.

Vandal sighed and finished the cigarette. He disposed of it, and pulled a chain from out of his shirt. Six dog tags hung from the chain. Solemnly, he kissed each one, mumbling a soft goodnight before going back to curl against Ayame, passing once more into his dreamless cyborg oblivion of sleep.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2002 5:16 am 
Native

*PGS is almost finished debriefing the local USSF commander.*

PGS: As you can see, there are seven, er... six pirate bases, called "Haven" bases by the pirates. The coordinates are all here in the data I took from the base I destroyed, Haven IV. The biggest base by far is Haven VII, which is their main base I belive. From what I have been able to find, that base I blew up is the only one to have made the missiles, and there were no shipments of the missiles out of the base, except for the ones Riuku has in his ship, which can't number more than two or three.

USSF: Good work Goldstandard. Considering the difficulty of your mission we consider it to be a success. We are wiring the reward to you as we speak, and after we take out the Havens we should be able to track down Riuku. Thank you.

PGS: Thank you, it is always a pleasure to do business with you. Goldstandard out.

*PGS heads back to the Mobile Suit bay to check in on Mad, only to find that he is nowhere to be found. One of the suits now had a decal of a purple cuntentacle woman named Luci.*

PGS: Damnit, he skipped out on me. Well, I guess he deserved the break. Maybe I should take one too.

*PGS heads to a <i>nice-out-of-the-way</i> place he knows.*

PGS: It's been a while since I've been to the Shooting Star. *Notices Mad having a drink with Gerome and the Holfield Twins.*

Well I'll be damned! I shoulda figured that Mad would be up to his old tricks again. *Grins Mischievously.* Well I better go and say hi!

*PGS sits down at the table.*

PGS: Hi Mad, Gerome! I see I had the same idea you did, well, not quite the same... *Glances at the Twins, who start to giggle. Mad and Gerome both look shocked.*

Hey waiter, would you be so kind as to bring me a bottle of Arrogant Bastard Ale?

Waiter: Certainly. I'll get it right away Goldstandard. Nice to see you again.

PGS: Thank you. Nice to see you again too Hal.

Now Mad, about those Mobile Suits? You didn't forget that we were going to have a discussion about them did you?

OOC Damn, I am such a bastard for dropping in on Mad like that and spoil his fun... X-D OOC

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: The Goldstandard on 2002-12-07 04:19 ]</font>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2002 6:28 pm 
Native

*Riuku finds him-self dropping in an elevator. down tho the moast hellish places ever made by man. the sub levels of havenVII. the poor, the weak ,and the insane where banished to this place. the elevator slowed and stopped. the reinforced titanium doors open slowly. Showing the dark corridors of the sub levels. Riuku walks out and shuts the elevator doors.*

*he walks down the quiet street dark windows greet him. he makes it to a whear house. the place is gaurded with 5 foot thick concreat walls with meateal armor. he goes up to a meateal plate and places his hand on it a door way appears and riuku walks in.*

Riuku> i'm back baby, did you miss me?
*his coment only mixes with the darkness. he pulls out a small device and presses a buttin. the whear house lights come on. Riuku looks at his "baby". the gundam stands silently looking with dead eyes. it is a Rick DOM unit, made for space flight. it's armor was stripped then replaced with titaneum custom armor. it's weapon is a rocket launcher. it has a beam rifel on its back and beam sabers installed on the rists. He climbs a stair case that leads to the cockpit he gets in and turns the mech on. it comes to life, the old AI system greating him*

A fountain will appear.
All problems disappear!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2002 5:01 am 
<font color=darkred><b>Lorem Ipsum

Mad's surprise quickly disappears as GS settles down and begins drinking with him and the others. The privateer was deadly serious in combat, but he still knows how to let his hair down.

"so mad, what do you think of your new suit? any changes ot needs done to it?"

Mad grins, his eyes full of good humor and mirth. "GS, i wouldn't change a thing on Luci. Gerome has outfitted her to perfection. He even got a replica of my old decal made."

"yes, i saw that. very...interesting art." Mad laughs out loud.

"she's my good luck spirit." Mad stands up and shouts a toast. "to the next leg of the journey of Privateer Goldstandard and his crew. to the..."

mad turns to Goldstandard. "..what IS the name of the new ship?"

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: madadric on 2002-12-08 04:03 ]</font>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2002 6:21 am 
Native

PGS: Ah, well... I really haven't thought of a name for the ship yet.

*PGS laughs a little, slightly embarrassed.*

Mad: What? No name for the ship?

PGS: Nope, not yet. If I pick a name it has to be perfect.

Mad: Oh, just pick a name and be done with it. You are never satisfied with just any name aren't you? Hell, you never had a name for the old ship either. By the time you finally come up with a name we will all be a hundred or so years old!

PGS: Well, it is easy for you to come up with names for your stuff, you got that Luci decal and all the history behind that. The name I pick for the ship has to be one that has a nice ring to it, it has to be the best name possible.

Mad: Why don't you call the ship "Ass Kicker" or something like that.

PGS: I can't name my ship <i>that</i> you ass!

Mad: Sure you can! The ship kicks ass, doesn't it?

PGS: Well, yeah. But I can find a better name than that. It's too obvious.

Mad: You could always call it No Name!

PGS: Hell no!

*PGS gets up, but totters a little before finally lifting himself out of the chair.*

PGS: I think I had enough beer for tonight. I'm going to bed. Good night guys.

*PGS walks out of the bar, swaying a bit from the alcohol.*

Mad: So, ladies, want another drink?

Annie: No, we shouldn't...

Angie: Oh come on Annie, one more won't hurt us.

Mad: Of course! Just another beer is fine!

Gerome: Waiter, another beer for the ladies please.

*As PGS was walking down a corridor to his ship, he noticed a figure lying on the ground in the distance. As he got closer, the body became more visible. She was naked, blonde and lying in a pool of blood. Other bodies could be seen further up the corridor but PGS recognized who the woman was and ran as fast as he could to her.*

PGS: SUZY! Are you alright? Are you alive? *Checks and rechecks pulse, finding nothing.*

Oh God...

*PGS cradles Suzy's body in his arms, and begins to cry.*

*PGS jumps out of bed in a cold sweat, realizing that it was only a nightmare, a nightmare that had plagued him for twelve years.*

PGS: Aww fuck, not again... *Opens his dresser and pulls out a picture of Suzy Moss. PGS feels the sudden pain of an old wound reopening once again.*

All these years, and I still haven't gotten over it... Or found the one who did it.

*PGS looks at the clock, and decides to stay out of bed.*

I actually got at least 6 hours of sleep tonight.

*After taking a shower and getting dressed, PGS heads out of his room to the Bridge. There is little activity at the moment, as most of the crew are sleeping still. PGS reclines in the Captains seat, admiring it's state of the art controls*

*Then, unexpectedly, Mad walks in, with a hand shaped bruise on the left side of his face.*

PGS: Hey Mad. Looks like Angie refused your advances I see.

Mad: Naw, I got her too drunk for that. I got this a few minutes ago after she sobered up.

PGS: So, you did have your way with her. How bout Gerome?

Mad: Hehe, he is still asleep with Annie in his room. I just noticed that our rooms all have water showers too.

PGS: Yep, I figured that you would like that. Since I got this ship custom built I decided not to skimp on the creature comforts this time.

Mad: Thats cool. So, what are you doing up so early?

PGS: Oh, I just had a nightmare again.

Mad: You've always been having nightmares GS. What is it that has been bothering you anyways?

PGS: Well, it is a recurring nightmare... *Pulls out the picture of Suzy Moss.*

Mad: Damn that woman is beautiful! How could you have nightmares about her? You been dreaming that she dumped you?

*PGS's face hardens, causing Mad to quit joking. He knew when PGS was not in the mood for jokes.*

PGS: She didn't break up with me. We were engaged, but she was murdered 12 years ago.

Mad: Wait, wasn't she the daughter of Professor Moss, the guy who revolutionized Mobile Suit design?

PGS: Yes, she was. We met in this very station we are docked at 14 years ago, in the main corridor. I was walking along, and saw her walking the other way. I recognized her from the news, and said hi. We hit it off quickly too. We liked the same books, the same video games, the same sports, even the same <i>beer</i>. On top of that, she was smart, beautiful and ambitous. She wanted to be a great scientist like her father was. I was just starting out privateering, but I had big plans for the future also. I would always stop by the shipyards often to see her before heading out on another dangerous mission. Soon we got engaged.

It was the happiest time of my life, but all that changed when Suzy, the Professor and the rest of their family disappeared. I checked with the local police, and searched all over the sector trying to find them, but I couldn't. I returned to the Shipyards to look through her belongings for some kind of clue, and it was early in the morning so nobody else was about. As I was walking down the main corridor I noticed a few bodies lying on the ground in the distance. As I got closer I recognized who it was, it was Suzy and her family. They had all been murdered, and Suzy, she, she... *PGS trembled with rage.*

The bastards raped her and left her naked!

And now, for the past twelve years I've been having the nightmares.

Mad: Damn that is awful. Did you find who did it?

PGS: No. I tried as hard as I could to find them, but I haven't even discovered WHO did it, let alone kill them.

If I don't find them, I don't think I will ever sleep well again...

Wait, Mad, remember when you asked me what the name of this ship would be?

Mad: Yeah, you figure out the perfect name yet?

PGS: Yes. The ship will be called the <i>Suzy Moss</i>.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2002 9:28 am 
Addict

Vandal had been working on the Valkyries all day, fixing and tuning and tweaking. The rest of his crew alternately worked with him and took breaks. None of the work being done was serious, critical work, mostly just some tweaks they thought would give better performance, or better fuel concumption. Vandal on the other hand, along with Grease Monkey and Ayame, worked nearly nonstop on adding in and changing out parts. He had spent a considerable amount of his personal money to pick up some custom parts while on Haven VII. Some new type ammo, and some improved booster to give the vehicle some extra kick. The bulk of that had been finished before lunch, and the rest shortly after. Now it was all details.

Finally, only Vandal was working. He hung from a harness, a lazer engraver in hand. The machine sputtered as he clicked it off, manipulating the controls to move back away from the vessel. Where he had been working, and in several other spots, where it would visible no matter what form he was using, was a pale-skinned silver-haired angel, silvery metal wings fanning out to each side, razored tips gleaming. A dark blue halo behind the head offset the colors, making it stand out even more. Vandal grinned at his creation. It was the first time a ship had borne the mark since his accident in the asteroid belt.

"The Quicksilver Angel is back."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2002 8:07 pm 
Native

sorry wasn't paying attention ^^;

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Riuku on 2002-12-09 20:05 ]</font>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2002 1:49 pm 
Native

OOC Riuku, in case you didn't get my PM, just so you know the whole relationship between my character and Suzy started 14 years prior. How old are you anyways? I thought your character was a young blood who chafes under the authority of the Elders, like bandman? Even if your relationship with her ended when you were say, 20, you would be about 35 years old today, if it ended 15 years ago. In that case you would only be around 5 to 10 years younger than Bandman and I. Doesn't seem to make any sense timeline wise. OOC

Oh, and I really don't like it when the other characters try to cut in on my monopoly of the Suzy poontang...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: The Goldstandard on 2002-12-09 12:51 ]</font>

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next