ZOMBIE FORUMS

It's a stinking, shambling corpse grotesquely parodying life.
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:08 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2002 2:15 am 
Native

I never did start a roleplaying thread before. Here goes...

*Privateer Goldstandard pulls his spaceship into high earth orbit.*

~~Incoming Transmition~~

USSF: Pvtr. Goldstandard, do you have the nukes that were stolen from us?

PGS: Yes, I do. Here it is.

*Cargo bay opens, and a small shuttle hauls a crate to the US Space Force WMD handling facility.*

USSF: Thankyou. We are wiring your reward of 60 million dollars to your account right now...

We have a question.

PGS: Yes?

USSF: Why is there a severed head sitting in the crate?

PGS: Oh, thats just the Pirate Captain Yellow Beards head. He was the one who took the nukes.

USSF: Well... I guess that makes sense...

PGS: I'd best be on my way, Pvtr. Goldstandard out.

~~End Transmition~~

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2002 6:35 pm 
Native

~~transmition~~
YYEEEAHHAAAWWWWWW *space pirate riuku speeds through a warp gate just in time as it closes trying to block his way* Full throtle *pushes the accelerator to top speed riuku turns around to see that a federation space ship is on his tail <STOP OR WE'LL SHOOT>comes through the raido*

riuku:one of the moast renowned space pirates around.
spacw ship: whatever he get his hands on in this case his own space pod, high menuverabilty and speed. special weapon rocked pods.

uhh.. NO *pulls the ship around* goodbye *fires a short burst of rockets the federation ship is blown to bits.*

HAHAHAHAHHHAAAHAHAHahhhh....... well that was fun but where the hell am i? *Pulls up a starmap on his visual console.* ...EARTH?!?!?!?! aww man i took the wrong warp. *looks at console and sees he needs to refuel* damnit used all the juice *pulls up chart of near space stations he nearly faints* all... federation... perfect... just calm down i can do this just be cool... aww man *flys to the closest station and docks his ship...*
~~end transmition~~

OCC im assumeing i can be a space pirate for this thred.OCC

I'll draw it on my wrist.
And with this pretty picture,
A fountain will appear.
And with this flowing fountain,
All problems disappear!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2002 10:27 pm 
Native

~~Incoming Transmition~~

USSF: Pvtr. Goldstandard, do you read us?

PGS: Yes?

USSF: We lost contact with one of our ships a few hours ago, and we have found the wreakage. We believe that it was done to pirates, but normally pirates don't have such powerful weapons. That ship was blown totally to bits! We do know what could have caused it. Here is the data on a prototype weapon system that we were developing a few months ago that was stolen from us.

[Receiving encrypted data]

Nuclear Shaped Charges

Knowledge obtained from developing fusion reactors allows us to contain energy with magnetic fields. These fields can also be modified to focus this energy into a stream, and when a strong enough field is created even small nuclear blasts can be focused in this way. This technology can be incorporated into devices like the fusion cannons on our Star Destroyers, and on the smaller level can be incorporated into missiles that can be fired from corvette class strike craft or larger. The armor and shield piercing potential of these weapons is enormous, which will give us an edge in firepower over our enemies.

[end]

USSF: Our missile prototype may have been stolen by accociates of the pirate Riuku and reverse engineered, as it is known that Riuku has secret hideouts and friends who in addition to being able to make any needed repairs on his ship can also manufacture their own components. We want you to hunt down these facilities and prevent the pirates from making more missiles. We cannot afford to have pirates armed with these weapons!

PGS: I will do it, but it is going to cost you. One hit from one of those and even MY ship will be turned into space junk!

USSF: We understand. We are prepared to pay up to 600 million dollars for this dangerous task.

PGS: Good enough for me, I'll be on my way immediately.

USSF: Thank you, and good luck!

OCC: My adventure begins! I won't find you for a while though Riuku, so don't try to instigate a final showdown immediately! You're still stuck in Earth orbit, and I am already 50 light years away. Good luck fooling the USSF. (There is no Federation, it is the US Space Force, just like we have a US Air Force. So you blew up a USSF ship.) OCC

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: The Goldstandard on 2002-11-27 21:28 ]</font>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2002 2:26 am 
Addict

OOC: Have any of you ever played the Escape Velocity series of games?

They were only for the mac, but the newest one Escape Velocity: Nova is being ported to the PC.

If you like this sort of thing, you'll love Nova, it truly is a great space trader/fighter game. And it's realtively cheap to buy.

Check it out http://www.ambrosiaSW.com

Trust me, its worth the effort.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2002 3:03 am 
Addict

OOC: Played all the Escape Velocity games through; I don't know, but Nova seemed to be the weakest one of the series to me. Sure, it's a very pretty game, but anything commercial pretty much kicks its ass, and the plot and ship balance is pretty weak. There's also very few side missions you can do, which were really the best part of the original EV games... oh well, there's always plugins. Too bad most of them suck. And I don't own a Mac.

P-M

-><-

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2002 5:56 pm 
Addict

Quote:
On 2002-11-28 02:03, Pyromancer wrote:
OOC: Played all the Escape Velocity games through; I don't know, but Nova seemed to be the weakest one of the series to me. Sure, it's a very pretty game, but anything commercial pretty much kicks its ass, and the plot and ship balance is pretty weak. There's also very few side missions you can do, which were really the best part of the original EV games... oh well, there's always plugins. Too bad most of them suck. And I don't own a Mac.

P-M

-><-

True, but I thought the main plot was far more involving then that of EV or override, and some of the features of Nova were exceedingly cool. All three of the series are worth playing, especially considering how easy they are to pirate.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2002 6:23 pm 
Native

*riuku walks around on the station aimlessly*
now what,my ship is being repaired and i have nothing to do.
*riuku sees a restraunt and a thought of blowing it up, but his stomach got the better of him and he went in. after his meal he made his way to an inn and payed for a night, then went to his room.

A fountain will appear.
All problems disappear!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2002 6:48 pm 
Native

*PGS looks up at his holographic nav display, showing a field of asteroids. 3 parsecs away on one end of the belt there is a possible pirate base, on the other end 2 parsecs away he sees an asteroid that grabs his attention.*

PGS: Lets see...
*Activates long range specteral analysis scanner.*

PGS: Hmm... That is one of the richest asteroids I have ever seen. I think I will make a short detour.

*PGS positions his ship by the asteroid and starts hauling it to a mining base 6 parsecs away.*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2002 1:24 pm 
Native

Beep beep beep..... beep beep beep Riuku's com link rings* hello? *riuku answers the com link a man is on the screan*
Riuku> what do you want?
Dimetri> boss we got a USSF ship on the scanner.
Riuku> you're telling me this why?
Dimetri> well what do you want us to do?
Riuku> you guys are pathitic, do you know that.
Dimetri> but boss we just wanted to know what you want...
Riuku> SILENCE!! *Riuku slams his fist on a table.* you morons cant even take care of a little ship without me.... now, just leave it alone it will probally pass.
Dimetri> yessir, uhh bye. *Dimetri quickly turns off the com link*

*Riuku heads to bed thinking of how helpless thoes "fearsome pirates" are*

A fountain will appear.
All problems disappear!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2002 4:35 am 
Native

*PGS looks at the readings on his passive radar screen*

PGS: Hmm... Those pirates always use their active scanners. Fools! Now I know the coordinates of that base and as soon as I drop off this rock I can vaporize them at my leasure!

Only a few minutes till I get to the mining base too.

*The pirates sit in their fortress, looking in confusion as the USSF ship hauls a large asteroid to one of the mining facilities just beyond their scanning range.*

Dimitri: What the hell is a USSF ship hauling a rock for?!

Pirate: Beats me, want me to turn up the scanners again?

Dimitri: Go ahead.

*PGS starts laughing hysterically.*

PGS: Go ahead and just broadcast your address to the entire galaxy then! XD

Pirate: We are getting a picture now of the ship, and I can see the markings too.

Dimitri: So, what does it say?

Pirate: It says:

<h2>Privateer Goldstandard</h2>
<h3>15 Galactic Standard Years of
Pirate Fraging excellence!</h3>
<i>Registered with the USSF as a private contractor.</i>

Dimitri: Thats not a USSF ship, that is Goldstandard, the most fearsome privateer in the Galaxy! I better go tell Riuku at once!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: The Goldstandard on 2002-12-01 03:38 ]</font>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2002 7:23 pm 
Native

*beebbeepbeep...beepbeepbeep* this better be important... *riuku answers com link. Dimetri is on the screen and is looking worried*
Riuku>what you coulden't tie your shoes?
Dimetri> no, *looks at shoes* the ship is a privateer's, it's Goldstandard sir. he heading our way and he's hauling a rock...
Riuku> send out a few fighters but don't use the you-know-whats. got it
Dimitri> y-yes sir.
Riuku> and make it quick.
Riuku hangs up. he figures he'll get no sleep any ways so he leaves and heads to his ship to check on the repairs.

A fountain will appear.
All problems disappear!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2002 2:17 am 
Expatriate

((Goldstandard, 50 ly is enough to put you WELL outside the solar system... Heck, it's enough to put you past several nearby ones as well. Just for perspective, the distance from the Earth to the Sun is about 1/65700th of a light year. And a parsec is about 3 light years. I wouldn't have noticed it otherwise, but I'm taking an astronomy course this semester, so it kinda jumped out at me :grin:))

*Deuce stretched out in the copilots chair as Cale brought them out of warp. It had been another uneventful run, and this shipment would put them in the black for their third month running. Their shipping company, Star Dragon Shipping, was finally showing signs of turning a regular profit.*

Deuce: "So, let's see... We get this in, it puts us enough ahead that we can start paying off Jubba..."

Cale: "Thank goodness... If I had to tell that fat slob one more time, I'd be sorely tempted to put a laser bolt through his thick head. Besides-"

*Cale cut his tirade tirade short as the comm light blinked. Deuce reached over and swatted the switch, and the image of Bob Fortune, Jubba's no. 2 man, appeared.*

Bob> "Good evening, Deuce, Cale..."

Deuce/Cale: "Hello..."

Bob> "I think you know why I'm calling, so I'll just go ahead and say it. Do you have the money?"

*Deuce shot Cale a "keep your mouth shut" look before answering.*

Deuce: "We'll have some of it when we get paid for this run, but you know it'll take time for us to pay it all back..."

Bob> "Well, how much more time will you need?"

Deuce: "Well, payment on this run was 2 million. Minus docking fees, fuel costs, supplies, maintenence, and other expenses, we should come out about 150,000 ahead. So the total for the month works out to about 500,000 dollars, which, we agreed, we split 50/50 until we pay the debt off."

Bob> "You do realize we're talking about a 10 million dollar debt, right? I doubt Jubba will be willing to give you enough time, if you'll only be paying 250 thousand a month..."

Deuce: "Hey, it's not our fault business has slow! Companies won't trust the really profitable cargoes to small shipping companies like us. So instead we're stuck hauling fruit and scrap metal..."

Bob> "Well, it's not your fault, and it's not our problem. You have six months before Jubba starts seeking other forms of repayment."

*Before Deuce or Cale could respond, the comm channel winked off, leaving the two alone with their frustrations as their ship made its way to their destination.*

((Next time: crazy money-making schemes for fun and profit (but mostly profit) ))

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2002 5:47 am 
<font color=darkred><b>Lorem Ipsum

irritated, mad flicks his hand out and tuns off the wake signal that signifies time for him to get up and take watch. the naked young womman next to him murmers in her sleep and shifts in the bed slightly. GS was gonna blow a fuse when he found out mad had slept with ANOTHER female crew member.

sighing, Mad gets out of the bed and steps into the San, grumbling about dryshowers. "goddamn it, with all the money he makes, GS could afford some extra water showers for the crew..."

as Mad is pulling on some clothes, Amy stirs, and turns back over, still half asleep. "watch already?"

"yeah," mad says, stomping his left foot into the G-boot. Whilst spinning, the ship had artificial G, but combat required spin to be turned off. G-boots and the handgrips in all of the rooms and hallways of the ship then became absolutely neccesary.

"aww, no time for a quickie?" the girl pouts,

"sorry, nope. i'm late as it is." Mad grins, whilst not the most beautiful creature in the universe, her body is OK, and she has a nice face, is alright in the sack.

"i get off in five standard, meet me for lunch in the mess?" after the girl agrees, Mad waves and exits his small cabin, heading for the mess to grab some food to eat on the go.

GS is gonna flip when he finds out about Amy, but Mad is't too worried. he's too good a Targ and Scan officer for GS to lay him off over a little fraternization.

After stopping by the cramped mess room, Mad hurries to the bridge, and takes his position at targ, opening his preset and logging in. "sorry i'm late, overslept."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2002 6:15 am 
Native

OOC Oops, I got my facts wrong. I think I meant Astronomical units, which is the average distance between the Earth and the Sun I believe. OOC

*The Goldstandard looks at the intercepted transmition, smiles slightly and looks up to see that Madadric finally showed up to man the weapons station.*

PGS: Late again. You really should start practicing the virtue of punctuality and stop sleeping in so late with Amy.

*Mad is in shock, amazed that GS would know about him and Amy already.*

Mad: How did you know know?

PGS: I am the captain of this ship. I know about everything that goes on in here and I noticed that the day you started eating with Amy regularly in the mess hall was the day you started always arriving late to your station. I don't believe in coincidences.

I always hate it when you start sleeping with the female crewmembers, because your performance always deteriorates and after you're done with the woman she always gets upset and quits. The last one was showing potential to be one of the better crewmates too. Still, I am not too angry with you this time, since Amy is just a ditz anyways and I losing her won't be a great tragedy.

Mad: Hey, don't talk about Amy like that!

PGS: It's true, and it is also true you will likely ditch her when you get tired of her.

Mad: Ok, Sherlock, you got me.

So what are those pirates doing anyways?

PGS: Listen.

*PGS replays the recorded pirate transmition*

Riuku> what you couldn't tie your shoes?
Dimetri> no, ... the ship is a privateer's, it's Goldstandard sir. he heading our way and he's hauling a rock...
Riuku> send out a few fighters but don't use the you-know-whats. got it
Dimitri> y-yes sir.
Riuku> and make it quick.

Mad: Didn't we drop off the rock already?

PGS: We did, but obviously the idiot didn't bother to check his latest readings, let alone make sure he was transmitting on a secure channel. From the looks of it the "You-know-whats" are probably the new missiles that the USSF was developing. Since they aren't using them that is a relief, but considering my reputation I don't see the reason why.

*PGS thinks for a moment."

Perhaps the reason is that Riuku is saving them for an important mission, though I don't know what it would be. Given the scarcity of the materials crucial to building the missiles I would bet that Riuku only has maybe 5 to 10 missiles, so every shot would have to count. He already used at least one of them on that USSF ship, I doubt he would want to use more right away.

Mad: I'm picking up three pirate fighters on radar. I'm setting the ship on stealth mo - Hey, it is already on stealth mode...

PGS: I already set it.

Mad: Stop doing my job for me!

PGS: Stop showing up late for work.

Mad: Ok ok... So do we kill them now or wait?

PGS: We wait.

Edit: I added some stuff about what happened when Mad dumped his last lover, and my low opinion of Amy.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: The Goldstandard on 2002-12-02 05:32 ]</font>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2002 12:45 pm 
Native

*at the docks riuku boards his-now-repaired ship. he pays for the repairs to his ship and then prepares to launch* fuel, ammo, extra power cells, food all ready to go. ok i'm launching now *riuku tells the main gate operater.*
*he lights up his boosters and jets out into space. he stopps and corrects his cordinates* three two one HERE WE GO! *he launches into a warp* just a bit then i'll see how that moron's doing.

A fountain will appear.
All problems disappear!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2002 5:07 am 
Native

*PGS watches as the pirates fly past his ship, searching in vain for the ship they cannot see.*

Mad: So, what the hell are we doing anyways?

PGS: I've set a course for the coordinates of the pirate base. On silent running it should take us about 15 minutes to reach their base, quick enough so that hopefully they won't figure it out until it is too late.

Mad: Ok, so what do we do when we get there?

PGS: I had two blockbuster missiles prepped just for this occasion. While the pirates chase the rock we will head to their now lightly defended base and blow it all to hell. That probably wasn't all their fighters that they sent off after us, and when we go on the attack run stealthmode will have to be turned off, so I am counting on you to keep them pirates at bay until their base is demolished. Then we will return to stealthmode and wait for the pirates in those three fighters chasing the rock to run out of oxygen, and then we search the wreckage for the missiles.

~~Pirate Base detected~~

PGS: Mad, I want you to give me an assessment from what you read on the scanners of what we are up against. I'll alert the crew to prepare for combat and after I make sure they are ready I'll need that assessment.

*PGS activates the combat alert siren and heads out of the main deck to make sure the rest of crew is ready.*

OOC Thats your cue Mad. Tell me what those pirates got. OOC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2002 6:45 am 

Whistling a little tune, mad quickly punches in the commands for the sensor array, tweaking setting for optimum effectiveness. due to the large amount of dust, rock and general space junk in the belt, and the fact that the ship is operating under stealth, it isn't always easy to get a clear scan, even for a proffessional like mad, but GS has the best equipment and crew Free Enterprise can buy because he IS the best.

Most of the ships gear is high-end military equipment, the sort of stuff one can only get through connections, and familiarity with the systems has given Mad what some jokingly call a 'sixth sense' for scanning.

"lesse...looks like wev'e got 5 fighters left...most of them seem to be buckets of shit...the asteroid base itself seems to have 8 turrets, only three of which really have enough juice to be a problem to the ship, simple scan equipment, nothing special, and..."

Mad checks, and re-checks his data, checking it again when the results come back the same.

after confirming that is onformation is correct, Mad contacts GS on a private link over the comm. "sir, iv'e found something very interesting. there's a ship docked at this port that well...doesn't meet any known specifications...but from what iv'e gathered, it's got more arsenal packed on it than 3 military grade cruisers."

"sir, this ship could crush us like a bug."

"on my way." the comm crackles in return.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2002 1:51 pm 
Addict

I had just gotten back from enjoying a night of Poker with some of the other pirates on the Asteroid base that I'm docked at. As I fondle my winnings, I make my way back to the Fortuna, my ship.

"There's nothing like taking idiots for their money...hell, that's why I'm a pirate."

I look at my ship and admire it. It was formally a USSF Battlewagon named the Zalbinnian, but I added my 'personal touch' with the weapons and extra things that I had taken from other ships during my travels. It cost me a lot to salvage her, but due to an Ion storm that made the crew abandon her in the first place, she was considered lost and thence no problems with the Space Forces.

Hell, the only reason I even know this stuff is from my informants and connections within the Space Forces. However, even with the 10 turrets, 20 High-power Distruptor Cannons, missile launchers, ECM, Stealth and High-end sensor suite that I've pilfered from other ships or gotten through my 'friends, my prize possessions are of my own making... my squadron of 6 mobile suits. The people I knew originally in the Forces tried to make me an offer to be a privateer, but they just didn't have the money I was asking plus I never enjoyed the military way of life. My men follow me wherever I go because I've either saved them from being killed by two-bit gangsters or fought with them and earned their respect. They'll follow me to the ends of the Universe

I glide by the Mobile Suit deck to see my pretties as they gleamed in their silver splendor. They are all transformable Space Fighters that are reminicient of the old F-14 "Tomcat" fighters from Earth's past, but with the ability to become a Fighter/Suit hybrid and full Suit, they were no equals...I made sure of that. However, before I killed Professor M and his family, I made him create one special suit for me...a Green suit that had been floating in my head for a while. It had a new type of beam weaponry he had discovered and had the look of a Dragon with it's Green eyes and cameras on the green body...the Virsyon.

I winked at it as I floated by and made my way to my cabin to deposit my earnings in my safe and to change into my 'work clothes.' I make my way to the bridge and get a update from my XO and Second in Command, Commander Silver Adept.

SA: "Captain Crassus, we've recieved all our provisions and are prepared to depart."

"Good, Get underway. When we clear the dock, activate Stealth Mode and pull us clear of the flotsam before going to warp."

SA: "Very well sir...any ideas to go 'hunting' at?"

"I've got some, but first we need to get out of here..I've got a bad feeling. Weapons, be on the lookout for anything out of the ordinary."

WO: "Aye sir"

The Fortuna pulls out of the dock and begins it exeunt from the Belt.

OOC: FYI, they're VF-1J Valkyries and my Virsyon. The ship looks like a Pegasus-class ship but she's got two turrets on top of each cataraman, two on the bottom of each plus one above and one below the Mobile Suit lanch deck. The rear part of the Island is where I launch the Suits.

"What's Fundamentalism? It's how you get all the Mysteries of the Universe to fit on a BUMPER STICKER."
Howard the Duck

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BandMan2K on 2002-12-03 13:08 ]</font>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2002 2:42 pm 
Native

*PGS and Mad watch in relief as the massive pirate ship undocks with the base and disappears. A few moments later the scanners detect the telltale warp signature which was big enough that it could only be the pirate ship*

PGS: Well, we were lucky today. Mad, how long till we are within range of the base.

Mad: Only 30 seconds sir.

PGS: What about the three fighters that were sent after us?

Mad: They are still chasing the rock. If they turned back now they wouldn't be able to engage us for 20 minutes. I am assuming our plans have changed?

PGS: Yes. After we blow up the base we are going to pull off the fastest salvage operation in history. I have a bad feeling about this place and I want to get out of here as soon as possible.

Mad: Aye, sir. Begining attack run. Stealthmode off!

PGS: Here we go!

OOC Riuku and Bandman, before posting again I want to send you both PM's to fill you in on where I want this to go. OOC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2002 11:16 am 

GS sounds the battle alert, making sure the small crew strap down for combat, then turns off the spin of the ship that generates the artificial gravity. Both Mad and GS are kept in their seats by straps and the G of aceleration as the shoot towards the pirate station.

Already having the 3D holomap plotted out in his head, Mad studies the quick fly-by attack run GS had laid in as the atack vector. both Mad and GS were familiar with each other's flying and fighting style, and both knew the capabilities of themselves, the other man, and the ship. The ship smoothly zips in for a low approach across the asteroid base's surface, limiting the turret's effectiveness, but not limiting mad's mines.

The explsions are only felt as a soft vibration, and heard as bits of shrapnel and rock bouncing harmlessly off the hull of the ship, as 5 of the station's turrets are nuetrelised before they can even get off a shot.

Spinning the ship and changing course, both Mad and GS grimace under the extra G's and come in for another swoop, laying down an arc of matter cannon fire, resembling black lighning, but just showing up on mad's displays as a red line. The cannon fire strafes across the docking bay that held three of the 5 remaining fighters, effectively destroying them, or stopping them from leaving the station.

"heavy G" GS warns, as he swerves his ship in various directions to avoid the light beam fire from the 3 remaining turrets. Mad grunts, and fires two missiles that remove a turret and the docking bay holding the other fighters.

one more sweep quickly deals with the remaining turrets, and then the asteroid sits defenceless.

"you want i should blow it? the command center is literrally in the center of that rock, and it's gonna take some big hits to crack that egg. or are we just gonna dock where that big monster left from?" Mad asks his captain, as he brongs up the brograms and rountines for Extended Barrage.