ZOMBIE FORUMS

It's a stinking, shambling corpse grotesquely parodying life.
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:52 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2002 9:52 pm 
Local

Location: Being held upside down over the edge of a bridge somewhere. Oh the suspense!
OOC: I hope this story doesn't die. in any case if people are bored with the Guy demon i'll leave it. Although the story does need direction now, although it also seems that interest in terms of posters also seems to have diminished. I'll make a new character at some point and join in. But only when i know the story ain't dead.

Guybrush: Even BEFORE they smell your breath?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2002 11:18 am 
<font color=darkred><b>Lorem Ipsum

OOC: youer post works for me, icy. /OOC

Stig stands in the ruins of The Neon Lover and looks around, panting. the place is a wreck. whatever the hell had just happened, it had totaled the bar, and most of the back rooms. they were just lucky the ceiling hadn't caved in on them yet, and the ominous creaking sounds were'nt inspiring confidence in the Big Man.

"it's time to get out of here!" stigmind shouts, striding for one of the exits. he stops when he reaches the front door, and sees the street crowded with the panicked customers of the neon and a multitude of cops. most of the cops in The Main are owned by various factions, and almost anyone could buy their way out of trouble with enough cash, unless any one of the crime bosses decided they wanted trouble for you.

Stig quickly turns to the guy who had saved his ass when he'd been overwhelmed by the demon-things.

"hey, it's crawling with cops out there. chances are, you're the sort that doesn't want to talk to the heat. there's a passage from Nico's room downstairs. it'll bring you out a few streets from here."

With that, Stigmind heads toward the stairs to nico's room, which are thankfully still intact. he isn't all that ready to get himself all shot up by nervous cops fearing a confrontation with a Para.

_____

Winded and sore, mad moans as he collapses on his double bed in his loft, and stares at the dirty white ceiling. Luci, who'd done quite a lot helping him get here, ducks off into the bathroom to find a first aid kit, or at least something to clean Mad's wounds with.

Mad sits up, and stares at a painting on one of the manyeasels scattered about the large, high celinged room, this painting, like most of the others, is a swirl of images, colors, and eldritch red symbols, that when the observer looks upon, invokes a powerful, painful story about a woman who dies in a car crash with her husband.

Luci returns from thebathroom, helps mad out of his torn and bloddy shirt, and begins cleaning his wounds. Her hands are shaking unconrtollably, and when she speaks, there is a tremor in her voice.

"wh-what were those things?" She asks, shakily dabbing at a still bleeding scratch.

Mad hesitates a moment, thinking. "don't know. some sort of Para i'm guessing." Mad shrugs, and winces as Luci wipes at a particularly tender spot on his ribs.

"fucking pariahs!" luci mutters, using the common derogatory term for those with paranormal abilities. "all they ever do is fuck up normal people's lives. why can't they just leave us alone and find somewhere else live or something?"

Mad turns to look at the girl for a moment, and he sees an old bitterness in her face, not the usual bigotry he'd seen from so many. something had happened to her in the past, he guesses, but he doesn't ask her.

Mad rests his hand on her knee, and gives one of his flippant, lopsided grins. "hey, we're both alive, and even if i did lose a payment, the worst i got was some cuts and bruises. heh, and a bruised ego..."

The girl gets up off the bed, taking the dirty cloths to the bin and throwing them in. "why? what the hell could you have done? you may be pretty handy with that knife of yours, but a normal guy can't go up against Paras. we did the right thing." She sighs, and looks out the window into the bright nighttime cityscape. "i hope Vandal's OK, he's a cool guy."

Mad grins again, this time actually feeling mirth. "Vandal? yeah, he's fine. he's a better fighter than even i was, hell, he went toe-to-toe with Stigmund, and did pretty damn well. if it gets too hot, he'll do the smart thing an bail. i won't be surprised if he stops by here before he goes home."

mad laughs out loud, as he walks over to stand beside luci at the window. "i havn't paid him yet."

Luci smiles, too, and wraps her arms around Mad's chest. her warm hands are steady now, and she gives his ribs a playful tickle.

"so, you think we got enough time then?" she asks, her playful smile reflecting Mad's. Mad chuckles as he slips his hands under the back of her top, and begins lifting it over her head.

"i'm willing to find out."

OOC: if you guys visit mad, just get yourselves to the front door, and knock/ring the buzzer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2002 4:06 pm 
Addict

Beast slammed a demon into a wall, annoyed.

<font color=darkred>"One left. Couldn't get away from me. Pitiful."</font>

He leaned in close to the demon's gnawing mouth, the dark spirit creature looking quite small and sad in the semi-light. Beast growled, a low, guttural sort klike you might hear from a very large wolf, and the demon squirmed.

<font color=darkred>"Trespasser . . . Not only have you and your cousins tried to attack innocent humans--in a place you shouldn't even be--but you have also tried to besmirch my name."</font> He paused for a moment, catching his breath, before continuing in a level tone. <font color=darkred>"I am Judge of humanity, but I am also Fenrir. I am the Destroyer, not you nor anyone else. It is by MY hand that this existence shall end, not by anyone else's. Take that mesage back to your master in Jotunheim, pissant."</font> Beast's eyes glared, and glowed yellow a moment. In the next moment, the demon was gone.

Beast stepped back, tossing his head in annoyance. He caught sight of Kitsune, healed by Brian's skills, and sighed.

<font color=orangered>"I know, Beast, I know. I suck. Didn't I learn how to use what precious few abilities I had the last time. I'm not interested in hearing it now. Leave me alone,"</font> Kitsune said, eyes understanding the sigh perfectly. <font color=orangered>"I have to go find someone to talk to, you know who."</font>

<font color=darkred>"You risk much, going to see her."</font>

<font color=orangered>"I know, Beast. But it's a NECESSITY."</font>

Beast reared back, growling faintly heard in the ears of the inhabitants of the Neon Lover.

<font color=darkred>"You and your word games . . ."</font> he muttered. Then, to himself, he said, <font color=darkred>"A legacy of who you really are, but so far the only real reflection of it . . ."</font>

----Insert Stig's query here---

Beast turned to Stig, and nodded. "If you'd be so kind . . . I do not wish to deal with the police at the moment. Lead the way."

----

Kitsune pushed out the door, not caring what would happen to himself. He turned down an alleyway and looked up, then vanished.

OOC: No, you probably won't get it. But that's the point. /OOC

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kitsune1527 on 2002-12-23 07:44 ]</font>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2002 2:22 am 
Addict

Vandal walked through the streets, back to the parking garage. He had vacated the Neon Lover soon after the thing had vanished. A quick check around theb ack alley revealed no signs of Mad and Luci havingm et some horrible fate, so he hoped they had gotten out alright. As he walked, cigarette clamped in his lips, the wind beginning to pick up, he rubbe his sore knuckles. Damn shock gloves had fritzed out on him, too much of the batteries having been expended in too short of time. Both were scrap now, mixed into the debris in what was left of the club.

He entered the garage, pulling his keys from his pocket. The click of a button turned off the alarm. As he went to open the door, he flet the cool metal of a gun barrel pressing against the back of his neck. He could feel the trmbling on theo ther end of the gun. He sighed. "Fucking rookie."

The punk stammered out his commands though chatering teeth, sweat beading on his forehead. "Turn around man1 Just turn around slow and hand me the keys man! I don't wana kill ya!"

Vandal sighed again and turned slowly, feeling the gun leave his skin, the guy backing away a step. The punk gasped as Vandal ducked downwards below his line of fire, in the same motion he was between the gun and the wanna be criminal, his left hand grinding the bones in the kid's wrist together painfully.

"Look kid, thisi s stupid. Just drop the gun and run home now. Go get a job at the Stop N Go or somethin, or over at MacDowell's or some thin, but not this. This'll get you killed." The gun clattered to the ground as he released the kid's soon to be bruised wrist. "Now run."

The would be thief took off at a sprint across the garage and out of it, running like thedevil himself were at his heels. Vandal merely sighed as he bent down, slipping the gun into his jacket pocket, tossing his cigarette butt away. He turned and got into the dark blue Jeep, quickly leaving the garage behind, the sounds of Beethoven filling the cab.

A short drive took him to Mad's place, where he ended up parking on the street out front. Blowing smoke from his half finished cigarette, he walked to the door, pushing the button for the buzzer once. And there he waited, smoke rising in the air, hugging the jacket close as the wind picked up even more, blowing harder and chiller than it normally did this time of year.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2002 11:03 am 

Mad and Luci's playful laughter is interrupted by the door buzzer, and Mad growls a soft curse as he gets up, wraps one of the cotton sheets about his waist and strides to the door. he presses down the button for the buzzer intercom, and speaks into the speaker.

"yeah,"

"hey, it's Vandal. didn't catch you at a bad time did i?" the small speaker makes Vandal's voice sound tinny and far away, and the small, old speaker pops and whines a little with static.

Mad casts a sidelong grin at Luci, who is jokingly making a show of petulant disappointment at the interruption. mad laughs into the small unit. "nothing that can't wait. come on up."

Mad hits the lock button, and Vandal starts up the stairs. Luci takes the opportunity to throw on one of Mad's tank tops and her briefs, the black top fitting loosely and the briefs snugly. Mad just secures the sheet with a knot, and strides over to his liquor cabinet pouring himself, Luci, and Vandal their usual drinks.

When Vandal enters, the brawler looks at the underdressed pair and grins. "i guess i did interrupt something."

Mad hands Vandal the drink, smiling and shrugging, and luci responds as she plonks herself down on mad's suede couch with her beverage. "S'okay. Adric said he's gonna make it up to me later. right?"

His grin only getting bigger, mad flops down next to Luci, and lazily throws and arm around her, taking a small sip from his cougar. "sure, babe. all night, if you want."

"and the good stuff, this time, no plastic. you don't gotta be so lazy, you know!"

One of Vandal's eyebrows climbs his forhead at this comment, but Mad just laughs softly again. "sure, sure. i'll leave the plastic set in the drawer."

"uh...do i WANT to ask?" Vandal enquires, used to Mad's humor.

"Chess. Luci's teaching me chess, and she's sick of always using the travelling set i picked up at a convenience store the other night."

"the lazy bum can't be bothered climbing up to the top of that display cabinet to get the lovely crystal set. he just wants to play with some shitty cheap set. it's like drinking fine wine from styrofoam cups."

Actor manages to look at once relieved and a little crestfallen "so when i rang before you were..."

"oh no, then we were fucking." Luci bluntly answers. Mad laughs and gets up, his drink finished, and walks over to a small safe in the corner of the room. "jesus, man, Chess always comes in between Sex, and More Sex. breaks up the pace."

"only a little," luci intimates to Vandal, leaning forward. "he's terrible at chess."

Mad comes back and slaps $3600 in cash on the coffee table, all held in a bundle with rubber bands.

"so, what happend at The Lover when we left?"

OOC:i'll leave it up to Vandal to point out that when a young lady not wearing a bra leans forward in a tank top that waay to large, a whole lotta modesty goes right out the window. Luci didn't even notice though. it's part of her charm. /OOC

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: madadric on 2002-12-23 10:05 ]</font>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2002 1:26 pm 
Addict

Vandal did his valiant best to not fall down the front of Luci's shirt, but his eyes unerringly traveled there anyways, whether he willed it or not. The fact that his brain wasn't exactly complaining either didn't help when the almost naive young woman managed to expose him to a near-complete view of one of the best pairs of breasts the Main had seen in a long time.

The slap of cash on the table and Mad's question brought him back to reality, and the memory of the para at the club. He picked the cash up, running his finger over it, not really looking at it as he did.

"Fuckin wild man. After you two got out of there, it just got worse. Lights went out, and a whole shit-load of these little demon para thingies showed up and started attacking people. It was anarachy. You could hear bullets being fired and para's were usin their abilities. Freaky as hell. Stig almost got taken down but some wierd kid saved him, muttering and talking about judgement the whole time."

The fighter took a swallow of his drink, savoring the burn as it went down. "And then some other guy showed up, just POOF and there he was. Right in the middle of the club. Said he was some kinda demon hunter or somethin, and he did some kinda freaky shit and exorcised the demon's or whatever. Fucked up night, man, really fucked up."

Vandal lay his head back momentarily before turning to Luci. "Which reminds me. The next time you run off like that into the middle of what could best be described as a fucking warzone I will personally haul you out and whup yer ass myself just for bein such a damn pain! Christ Luci, ya scared the shit outta me with that stunt. Same goes for you Mad."

Edit: crappy typing, I think I was asleep when I wrote that

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VandalHeart on 2002-12-25 10:08 ]</font>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2002 3:40 pm 
Addict

The world tinged with grey around the edges for a few moments, then blinked white. When it was done clearing away the cosmic eyedirt, the universe allowed Kitsune to reappear in front of a small, utilitarian, metal cabin out in the middle of nowhere, Alaska. He shivered in the biting cold, and trudged across the tundra (crunching it underneath his feet) to knock on the door.

The person who opened the door could have been Kit's twin, were it not for the fact that she was a girl, and the rather vibrant red hair that went every which way, almost like it wanted to sproing right off her scalp. She was dressed in a loose t-shirt and not much else at the moment.

<font color=lightred>"What'ya want? It's two a.m., it better be good."</font> Her eyes focused on the teen shivering in front of her. <font color=lightred>"Oh, shit. Kitsune!? Er . . . hold on a sec, I gotta get something a little more respectable on . . ."</font> Her head ducked back inside and the door slammed, leaving Kit to stand out in the cold some more.

<font color=orangered>"I swear, sometimes thinking three steps ahead of most other human beings makes you backwards in your head . . . no other way to explain HER half the time otherwise."</font>

OOC: Will finish later, gotta go!! /OOC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2002 5:59 pm 
Local

Location: Being held upside down over the edge of a bridge somewhere. Oh the suspense!
OOC: Hey Vandal any chance your character has done anything which would put a bounty on his head? I want back into the story but the only way i can think of getting back in is if i'm trying to kill someone, i don't have any long established characters who could just join you and Mad.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2002 9:05 pm 
Addict

OOC: No worries. Just make up one. /OOC

The door opened again, and she beckoned Kit in hastily, shutting the door to prevent any more cold from getting inside the quite toasty cabin.

Kit sighed in relief, glad to be able to feel his feet again. The girl slipped a cup of coffee into his hand, already having one out and mostly drunk to the dregs. She was now a little more awake.

<font color=orangered>"Sorry bout that. Forgot the time difference."</font>

<font color=lightred>"'sOkay. I can adapt to lack of sleep rather quickly. One of those annoying 'space legacies that actually HELPS."</font>

Kti sipped at his coffee, noting the heat of the brew. He gestured with his other hand to encompass the entire cabin. <font color=orangered>"How'd this happen, Gadget? I mean, one tiny cabin? I expected to find a research center, not this."

The redhead shrugged. <font color=lightred>"Everything you see isn't always everything there is. You proved that to me. After all, it's one of His legacies, isn't it?"</font>

Kit shuddered. <font color=orangered>"I am not Loki, nor will I ever be. Beast is delusional."</font> He looked at Gadget over the cup of coffee. <font color=orangered>"You, on the other hand . . ."

Gadget muttered a curse, then stood up. <font color=lightred>"Necessity demands it . . . dammit, Kit. I thought we were through this. I CAN'T do it. Skuld would KILL me. I may be her Heir, but I can very quickly lose that right if she gets pissy."</font>

<font color=orangered>"Quite frankly, I'm sick and tired of this. Why do we have to listen to them? We ARE them!! Skuld, I need your help. Please give it to me."</font> Kti grabbed Gadget's hand and stared into her eyes. She met his, and nodded, eyes closing and her head nodding in submission.

<font color=lightred>"What do you need, Loki?"</font>

OOC: Again, same as above. No understanding necessary. And sooner or later, I'll get around to finishing their conversation. /OOC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2002 10:20 am 
Local

A lone figure walked quietly in the rain, his head bowed as if his shoulders carried a great burden. The rain pattered out a rhythmic tattoo as it beat futilely on its war against the ground but many droplets forsook the ground and seemed to delight in hitting the lone man, as if the feel of adding to his burden was one of their few triumphs when compared with the ground. The man wore a battered and faded brown leather trench coat. It had the marks of a long lifetime of service, the colour not being constant and some patches having been sewn on at the elbows from darker leather. The man also wore a dark brown hat, the brim tipped downwards, shielding his eyes from the cruel drops although the end of a stubby cigar could be seen. Its end tracing patterns in the air like a firefly while the smoke was blown in infinity. A pair of strong dark boots also could be seen from under the hem of the coat, a pair of spurs attached at the heels meant that every step was accompanied with a little musical jingle. The man walked with a slow step under the weight of his shoulders, yet he also walked with an easy determination, it was like if this man had a destination to get to, although he would take his time, nothing would stop him. Under close scrutiny a trained fighter might recognise that every step appeared well though out, his weight spread out in perfect balance, maybe their was a slight tension within the man, as if he was ready to spring into motion at the drop of a hat. However their was no haste in him, he had all the time in the world.

Tyr stopped on the sidewalk. The wind seemed to pick up and urge him onwards, the breeze sending a chill like a whiplash driving him on. With a shiver he brought his hands out of his coat pockets and up to the collar of the trench coat to pull the collar up. Although his left hand brought the collar up where he felt their right hand only a stump brushed against the collar. Cursing under his breath he reprimanded himself. Ever since the damned wolf had bitten his hand off he had never shaken the habit of his right hands usage. Passing his left hand across his shoulders he pulled the rest of his collar up. Turning thoughtfully he faced the other side of the street. The brim of his hat raised and his face was finally exposed to the light across the street. Tyrs face was not one of delicate beauty; it held many care lines, as if the ages themselves had marked him for his works. However it did possess a distinctly rugged charm. The kind of face that many women would swoon over, however his eyes showed that he had seen it all before and he was not likely to care. Stubble was dusted over his cheeks and chin, his face also regarded what was across the street with two startlingly brown eyes. Deep pools of knowledge, regret, pain and anger. Eyes that had witnessed mankind throughout the ages. Eyes that could speak of themselves forever.

Tyr looked across the street and saw an apartment building, inside the building was a man he ad been told could provide information. The man sighed slightly, the fact that he now had to ask for information seemed to reflect his state of affairs, his fall from divine grace and power. Yet in any case this was not the time to dwell on the past. On better days. Now was the time for him to seek for that wolf and exact revenge. Although he was doomed never to find Fenrir, it would never stop him trying. While their was still blood on his veins and life on this earth he would still be able to find adventure, and maybe regain some of his former glory as God of War.

OOC: I gather some of you have a grasp of Norse Mythology, i just hope nobody on the board has taken Tyr for himself. In any case I was struck by inspiration for this character, and maybe i could work him into your story Kitsune, your beast guy has already mentioned Fenrir, so either your guys are avatars or just fans of the norse gods. Tell me what you think of the character and i'll keep him or remake him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2002 12:31 pm 
Addict

OOC: Oh, I like. In fact, thanks to you, I now know how Tyr's gonna look when I actually get around to drawing up the retelling of Norse mythology I've been cooking in my head . . . Oh, and those two have GOT to meet. The sheer chaos that'll happen would just be grand.

Anyway, I might as well explain a few things, since I doubt Kit and Gadget will be ever TRULY explaining it any time soon.

Kit, in this world, is sort of the avatar of Loki, who is dead from the serpent's venom, his wife having been unable to stop the slow eating away of the body it caused in the god. All Kit knows is that suddenly he's supposed to be the Trickster, in fact he's always been the Trickster (REALLY long backstory) but never knew it and still doesn't know it. He just wishes they could've picked someone with a more stellar track record. Constantly losing twenty-four hour segments of your memory does not give one much faith in your actions.

Fenrir/Beast (depending on what kind of mood he's in) is the original Fenris-wolf, currently occupying a semihuman form because his body can't break free from its chains till the Ragnarok, which really pisses him off. He knows what Kit/Loki REALLY is, but he's not spilling. Having been once a companion to gods, he knows more than he lets on, and also less than he lets on. Odin's given him some indirect lessons in deceit.

Gadget is the replacement-in-training for Skuld, who's getting tired of knowing everything. So she handed the reins over to Gadget, she already having quite excellent qualifications for the mantle. Only problem is, she doesn't want it. No one ever asks for it, the gods just give it to them. Eventually, she will BECOME Skuld, and she's nto quite sure she's ready to have the weight of the future on her shoulders, having enough trouble keeping the weight of her intelligence under control.

And Hyperspace DOES figure into these calculations somewhere. But they come earlier on, before all these things happened.

I'll explain further when I get back from lunch. /OOC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2002 2:40 pm 
Local

OOC: Does that mean Kit will become evil and go betray us to the Ice Giants? Tyr is kind of pissed because while once a principle Gods he was eventually shouldered out by Odin, Thor and Frey. He's also still resentful about losing his hand to Fenrir. In any case i'm glad you liked it. On second reading i wasn't happy with my post in places. but trying to edit it in word was just too frustrating, couldn't get it right. So i'm just going to leave it.

Hey Mad would your character know about much about Beast, Kit or hyperspace (or anything else about these avatars of the norse gods), i kind of hinted that i needed info but if you don't know much then i'll just come in and hang out until this story finds more direction.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2002 3:07 pm 

OOC: whilst Mad probably wouldn't know much himself about the norse mythology amde flesh, he'd have some contacts who would. perhaps a one-eyed old man wh sells hot dogs on the corner of a street, and tells the children of The Main stories about Old myths and New, perhaps just some govornment ParaOps agent that Mad knows a few things about,

Mad's life has been very diverse in the Main, from his connections in the art world, to the seedy criminal world of The Main, to shadowy govornment ops, to occult incidents...Mad has used his loft at The Main as a halfway house for several years, only really spending a third of his time in the main, and the rest roaming different aprts of the world, going wherever his fancy takes him...which is usually into some kind of trouble.

6AM, i'm going to bed now. /OOC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2002 4:07 pm 
Addict

In all the confusion that followed the destruction of the demons, no one seemed to notice Brian slipping away out of the bar.

This place doesn't feel right, he thought. I haven't seen so many demons in one place since that Cult of Baal fiasco in '92. There's obviously more going on in the Main than meets the eye. There's something special about this place, and I intend to find out what it is. And so he got into his blue convertible and drove off.

"This is the third one this week," Officer Amato sighed.

"Seventh this month," Sergeant Samson added.

Officer Amato turned around, scanning the hotel room, arms folded. "Jesus! What kind of sick fuck would do this?" The room was totally covered with blood - smeared on the walls, the carpet, even the ceiling and furniture. There was hardly a square inch of the room that wasn't red. On the bed lay the body - or what was left of it. It was barely identifiable as human. "So far this fucker has killed 6 men and 9 women, all prostitutes. All in the exact same way. Total dismemberment, skinning, gutting, plucking their eyes out, and finally decapitation."

"And worst of all," Sergeant Samson said, "The killer's leaving no trace of his identity. No fingerprints, no DNA samples, the murderer didn't leave behind so much as a single hair. Hell, we can't even get a physical decription of him - no one saw anyone in this room. According to the sign-in book no one was even supposed to be in this room last night! We're dealing with near-surgical precision here. There are some pretty sick bastards in the Main, but I don't know of anyone who'd be smart enough to do this and not leave fingerprints or anything. Manic maybe, but he only cares about money - he's not serial killer material."

"Maybe we should call in the FBI or something," Amato said.

"You fuckin' kidding me!? If we did that then they'd find out about all the other shit that goes on here in the Main. Including our 'arrangements' with the 'local businessmen' if you know what I mean. Fuck it. If we can't find him, we can't find him. They're only prostitutes after all, nobody's going to miss 'em."

"Holy shit," Manic said to himself. "I can't believe the place is still standing." Not only was the Neon Lover still there, but it had barely a scratch to show after being infested with all those demons.

Now he needed to find the Wanderer, the boy he had seen earlier. If the information and pictures he had gotten from the MiB were accurate, than this wanderer was most likely Kitsune.

Unfortunately, it seemed that everyone had emptied out of the bar by now. But Manic had to find Kitsune. And with everyone at the bar gone, his best bet at getting information on the Wanderer's whereabouts was to go see Adric.

And so Manic headed to Adric's house.

"Time is the substance from which I am made. Time is a river which carries me along, but I am the river; it is a tiger that devours me, but I am the tiger; it is a fire that consumes me, but I am the fire."
Jorge Luis Borges

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: IcyMonkey on 2002-12-24 15:12 ]</font>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2002 9:45 pm 
Addict

OOC: Just so we're clear, Icy and I have definite plans for this murderer, so don't try and steal them from us, kay? /OOC

Beast followed Stig through the tunnels of the Main, trying to stay away from prying eyes, his advanced senses having picked up a familiar old scent and sending him into the bowels of the earth for the moment. Revenge or not, a confrontation with Tyr should be fought without innocent blood anywhere to be spilled.

As he thought about this old foe, a ghost of the past, the past returned to him. The truths behind his origins.

The technorganic cables that Hyperspace discovered (in 1947) could be used to amplify a human's abilities--they were not terrestrial in origin, and in fact were the chains and fetters spoken of in Norse legend, the bonds that held in bondage the god Loki and his bastard offspring Fenris-wolf. If touched, they would imbue a mortal with almost-godhood for a short time, the price insanity--no mortal can deal with deification without a gradual induction to it. Also, the cables destroyed damn near anything they touched. Something inside them reacted dangerously to contact with matter that wasn't a cable.

Hyperspace, not knowing the depths of danger they plumbed, recognized these cables as an awesome source of destructive energy that, if harnessed, could be a boon to the strength and impregnability of the United States' military might. And, this goal being what their creation was for, they seized the opportunity and committed what could quite possibly have been the most stupendous, most idiotic, most lucky move humanity has ever made.

They managed to render a portion of the cables inactive for a time, and stuck them in a container until the day came when more advanced technology allowed for analysis.

The cables were found wrapped about what appeared to be two coffin-shaped objects, huge and almost-impermeable. The scientists managed to open one, and found a large skeleton, with a few scraps of flesh hanging off it. They filed the stuff away for later examination, and eagerly tore into the advanced technology of the craft. The head scientist, one J. Robert Oppenheimer, almost had a heart atack when he discovered what appeared to be an object that could synthesize tissue. The misuse of this tool later led to events in the Main's world that now are lumped under their worst example, the Telepath Virus. More on that another time.

They now used the flesh they found on the body in the craft to 'clone' another human being; however, the DNA of the body having decayed quite far, they had to figure out a way to make it a full human being. Oppenheimer offered a scrap of skin from his arm, and they sat back to see if it worked. They were rewarded with a child, who was discovered to be abnormally aware of his surroundings. He later named himself 'Boy,' for lack of a better term. What no one knew, and what 'Boy' really felt they had no need to know, was that when the scientists had opened Loki's casket, Fenrir had felt it. He recognized what they were trying to do, but being shackled inside his own prison thanks to the gods, Tyr's hand burning his stomach as if warning him of his inevitable doom, he could do nothing to speed up the clumsy human process. The minute the child was made, he wrenched his soul from his body, attacked the wraithlike Disir hovering over it, and took the child as his own. And he grew up, quickly at first, but then slowing down to subnormal speeds once he hit an apparent age 17. He grew to appreciate Oppenheimer as a sort of father figure (the man cared for Boy as if he were his own son, his real sons having left him long ago), but never forgetting his real father lay in a pile of bones in a god-made coffin.

He watched as Hyperspace tried to unlock the secrets of the crafts, unwilling to help, still angry at these bastard progeny of Odin's loins. Of course, since all appearances made him seem to be one of said bastards, he pretended to know nothing about the cables and their prisoners, and instead just seemed withdrawn and antisocial.

Soon, Oppenheimer began to find out more and more about the cables, and the experiments he created with this knowledge began to get wilder and more dangerous. Boy/Fenrir decided he'd have to take a more active role, and slew some of the experiments in anger. It felt good to kill in this body. It felt good to kill, period. It had been far too long since he felt the blood of the gods run down his face.

However, he realized that he was no longer the aimless engine of destruction that Fenris-wolf had been. Fenrir had discovered humanity, and it wasn't as bad as Loki had said it was. Sure, idiotic, and needing of some 'rehabilitation' thanks to Odin's meddling, but on a whole it could be saved.

On that day, he decided he would set down Rules to govern himself and all other beings in existence, and he would never break them. However, those who did . . . would be punished by his blade. He felt Fenris-wolf's bloodlust once more, but he could not draw attention to himself. The code of Justice he had invented would be enough to provide him with the necesssary satiation. How fortunate the gods had already broken most of the rules, and oh! How fortunate Odin had broken ALL of them! He would enjoy cleaving that treacherous god in two . . .

So he lived from then on, through everything that happened.

Through . . . HER. He wondered whatever happened to her, as he walked through the dark, grimy tunnels of the Main. Hopefully, she had died. Of course, he thought to himself, Loki should have been dead. And he wasn't.

One day, computers were invented, not the original ones, thsoe slow calculators, but ones that were strong, robust enough enough that, given a few years, they could analyze a strand of DNA and show any corollaries to it.

So the scientists analyzed what little DNA existed inside the cables--they still held fascination for the men, despite so many grisly failures. To their surprise, they found bird, fish, bear, human, feline and plant DNA entwined together to create what, to the best of their knowledge, was the strongest, most durable substance in existence. Nothing could break it, unless it was cooled to a temperature of about -500 K.

Through means he still didn't understand, Fenrir saw these men create a baby, born with the ability to make these cables and grow them inside himself. Fenrir never understood why they'd want him--the new child of Oppenheimer, the obsession of an old man for one last grasp at truth--to have shackles.

Then, the newborn vanished from the lab shortly after, and Boy thought he understood. He had read his second father's logs, and he thought he knew what had happened to the boy. The loss of his greatest work broke the man, and Boy watched Oppenheimer continue his attempts, knowing the old man did so halfheartedly. He made another HER, but this time used the shackles, and succeeded.

Boy left shortly afterward, unable to bear the pain his 'father' was in. Six or seven years later, he learned the labs had burned down and slaughtered half a town in rage. When he calmed down enough to realize what he had done, he renamed himself 'Beast,' not deserving a human name any longer, and vanished.

He ran into Kitsune and instantly recognized the lost soul. He tried to kill him for running away, but discovered dead gods don't bring their new selves to full awareness at all (all in all, this wasn't that surprising--Kit may have inherited the Trickster's soul, but he didn't have his mind), and left Kitsune to live and wonder what the fuck just happened.

There were other times they had met, but Beast wasn't thinking about them any more.

He was thinking of gods and monsters . . .

OOC: Long involved backstory-stuffed post. Sorry, needed to explain how this whole thing worked so nobody misunderstood. /OOC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2002 11:17 am 

Mad gets up off the couch and goes back to the liquor cabinet, adgusting the sheet to keep it from falling off, and pours another round of drinks.

"wasn't my idea to get attacked by some shadowy demon-thing. i bet Sherm blames me for all the damage, too. i'm gonna have to sell another painting to cover the costs."

Before he takes the drinks and walks back over to the couch, Mad stops and purs another glass, and then looks at it with a slightly bemused expression at the amber liquid swirling around the chunk of ice, wondering why he'd poured it.

Deciding not to worry about it, the half-naked man walks back with the drinks and sits down, putting the fourth glass next to Vandal's.

"expecting company?" the fighter asks.

Mad just shrugs, and leans back, taking a small sip. "i guess so," Mad's mind once again goes back to the night's events, and strts musing aloud.

"i wonder if tonight has anything to do with all the new trouble that seems to be springing up in The Main lately?"

"new trouble?" Vandal asks, leaning forward.

"yeah, all sorts of shit's been going down lately..strange shit, even for down here in The Main. weird fires down Southend, stuff like the demons at the Neon tonight... some people saying they've seen UFO's and shit...those creepy murders that've been cropping up."

Luci shudders at the last, and hugs Mad's naked, scarred left arm. the scars from cuts recieved in Knife Fights from his Arena days. "horrible fucking murders. i bet it's some crazy Pariah, running around using his powers to cut up all those poor people."

Mad turns his head, unale to leave her statement alone this time. "what makes you say it's a Para?"

Luci curls herself tighter around Mad's arm and stares into the spare drink on the coffee table, refusing to look at either of the other two. "i...i found one of the vict- one of the bodies. i rented a room, and when i opened the door, he was in there, everywhere... it... god, nothing human did that. blood everywhere, but everything was laid out so neat, like it had been placed just so, his Dolphin earrings hanging off his dick like...like..."

"i...can we change the subject?"

Just then, the door buzzer sounds, making all three jump. A little shakey, Mad walks over to the intercom. "yeah?"

"it's Manic. let me up."

Mad buzzes Manic up, unlocks the door and sits down, trying to shake off the nerves Luci's description had given him. He looks over to one of the paintings he'd started a while ago, a cloth thrown over it. the painting, like most of his works, is a swirl of images and symbols, that miraculously tell a vivid story. all of his pictures have the names of people, people mad had never met, but he is sure are, or were real.

This picture heavily featured two dolphin earrings that the subject's lover had given him as an anniversary present. the earrings pierce a severed Phallus. Mad had never met the guy, but he knows his name is Michael.

OOC: OK, if this infringes on your plans for the murderer, i'll crop it, but Mad has no idea who the murderer is, or even that Michael was even a victim until now.

his paintings are just how this Mad deals with the Screaming Dead without going insane or being covered in runes and having a head full of voices.

Icy, i'll let you write Manic's entrance and such, anyone else that wants in on this little shindig at Mad's, just write yourselves an entrance. /OOC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2002 2:20 pm 
Local

OOC: Hey Kit, you're making beast seem to be a justice oriented guy, but the Fenris wolf was one of the evil bad guys was he not? He was supposed to fight with the giants and take out Odin. Just wondering. Same with Kitsune, is he a bad guy as well? Or are these guys just embodiments? Because we know if Fenrir is free of his chains which Tyr sacrificed his hand to put him in. Then its Ragnarok time.

And mad, you mentioned a one eyed guy, is he supposed to be odin or just a one eyed story teller?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2002 8:54 pm 
Addict

From behind the bar a face with black curls emerged. Nobody was left it seemed. Carefully maintaining an appropiately frightened attitude just in case, she considerd the little parts she had seen and heard in between fending of the demons. Confident that there was nobody nearby he allowed a slight glimmer of frustration enter his eyes. He had heard a lot, and it sounded all rather important, but it had been fragmented and WAY out of his area of knowledge to use as blackmail material or anything else.

He headed for the exit. And with all the stuff happening, chances were this would all be covered up as well. Seemed there was no profit to be made for him today.

Outside some colleages were waiting. Liz came at him with a concerned expression, looking off on the dominatrix outfit. Mart's face had shifted in a face recovering from panic as soon as he spotted her.

"Mart! You're alive!" She hugged Mart in tears, while Mart squeezed out some moisture too, just enough so it seemed he was fighting it.

"I...couldn't run...there were demons everywhere...I thought I had seen everything Liz...but..."

"Oh Mart...don't...don't... let's go to John's place... while...people work here. The boss has..."

Mart broke the embrace. "He's not MY boss Liz...just someone I made a deal with. I can't be sitting with you guys and gals... the night is still young and I have contacts so..."

"Mart! Are you MAD? You are gonna search new clients outside an establishment. There is a MURDERER on the loose you know."

Mart turned around, making sure there was a hint of terror in his eyes. "I KNOW Liz, I know, but... I just HAVE to do this... with lots of people on the game who can afford to staying at home, I could get some real high class people in my folder. I can't pass up on an opportunity like this." he put a desperate edge in his voice.

"Mart...be careful."

"I will Liz...i will."

With that, Mart went home to get fresh clothes, and try to find another client.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2002 10:38 pm 
Addict

Normally, it would be foolhardy for an attractive young woman to be walking down a street in the main by herself.

But this was no ordinary woman.

For the most part, there was nothing particularly remarkable about her. She looked to be about 18 years old. She had an attractive, well-endowed figure. Her face was pale, her hair long, red, and loose, her eyes a deep brown.

Her eyes.

Her eyes gave away her true nature. Her eyes hinted that this girl was more than what she seemed. Looking into her eyes, you would realize you were dealing with an incomprehensible force. To gaze into her eyes was to gaze into the eyes of God.

She stopped in front of "The Velvet Palace,"the closest thing the Main had to a high-class hotel. Waiting just outside the entrance was Mart. The woman approached him.

"Eve, I presume?" Mart asked her. She nodded.

"Well, shall we go in?"

But before Mart could even finish his sentence, Eve grabbed him, and the next thing Mart knew he was in the Hotel room. She must have teleported me here or something, Mart thought. Perhaps she's a para. She may even be the murderer the cops have been looking for. If that were the case, Mart would make sure that he wouldn't allow himself to be one of her victims.

What followed was a night of completely wild, kinky sex. It seemed over-the-top even to a jaded veteran of the Main like Mart: vaginal, oral, anal, B&D, S&M, watersports, sex toys and props galore - almost every perversion under the sun. Meanwhile, before, after, and in between, Eve smoked, snorted, inhaled, and drank quite a wide variety of substances. Mart was suprised she was even able to stand up after all those drugs, let alone the sex, which was tiring out even Mart.

Finally, by dawn Mart indicated he had to go and asked for his payment. Eve simply stared at him blankly. He asked for money again, this time speaking somewhat more loudly and clearly than before. Eve still did not respond. Finally Mart decided to take matters into his own hands. Her purse was on the dresser. If she wouldn't give the money to him, then he'd have to take it, along with whatever else was in her purse.

Before he could do this, however, Eve grabbed him from behind and covered his mouth and nose with a chloroform rag. Within seconds he was unconscious.

Manic entered Mad's apartment. He had been here several times, but always for the purpose of gathering information. Manic had no real friends. Mad was his acquaintance - they knew each other well and Manic enjoyed Mad's company. However, there was no one Manic trusted to the point where he would actually call them his friend - they were tools, nothing more. Manic was friendly with Mad because being friendly with Mad allowed Manic access to a great source of information on the goings-on of the Main.

"Hey, Adric!" Manic said. "See you in the bar all the time, but I haven't been able to talk to you in a while."

"Yeah," Mad responded. "I've been sort of busy with Luci lately. Have you met Luci?"

"Nope. I'm guessing you're Adric's, er, girlfriend?"

"Yes," Luci responded coldly. "And I haven't actually met you, but I know of you, Manic."

"Er, okay," Manic responded, somewhat confused by Luci's thinly-disguised disgust at his presence in the apartment. "Well, anyway, Adric, I was wondering if you knew where that wanderer character went after those demons that attacked the bar were destroyed. You know, the one who I was talking to and then you were talking to. Also, do you know if anyone was with him?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2002 8:59 am 
Addict

Vandaldrained his las drink and stood from the chair, stretchin his neck a little. Damned thing was still sore. He smiled as Manic came in. He remembered seeing him before at the club. He also remembered noticing that he was armed. Caution here.

"Hey, you were at the club earlier, right? Name's sean, everyone just calls me Vandal though. Nice to meet ya, Manic did they say?"

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next