ZOMBIE FORUMS

It's a stinking, shambling corpse grotesquely parodying life.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:27 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2002 11:25 am 
<font color=darkred><b>Lorem Ipsum

OOC: haha, the 'one eyed old man' was a passing joke, but can be thrown in as a reference if you guys want. the guy can either exist or not...perhaps he's an expert on the occult, and one of Mad's contcts. /OOC

Mad leans back, adjusting the bedsheet slightly as he props his feet up on the coffe table. "hey Manic. drink there for ya if you want it. havn't seen the Wanderer since Luci and I got the hell outta the Neon when that freaky Para attacked."

Mad gestures to Vandal with his drink. "you're probably better off talking to Vandal he was there for all of it i think."

Mad finds he likes Manic. the guy's a little stiff and 'on the job' a lot of the time, and seems a little suspicious of everyone, but considering who he is, and the line of work he's in the guy's alright.

"We've got a contract now though, so i expect he'll find his way here if he's still alive. what you want him for?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2002 12:54 am 
Addict

Kit turned to face the maddening rainbow colors of the swirling painting Gadget had hanging up on her wall.

<font color=orangered>"Huh. If I'm not mistaken, you painted this shortly after you were Chosen, just like me."</font>

"Of course I did. It was my only way of dealing with it. I mean, I couldn't believe it myself, and I wasn't told by Beast--"

"Hard to believe we're supposed to be on opposite sides, eh, Gadget? I mean, after all we've been through--you, me, Beast--hard to believe Fate wants us to kill each other."

"Yeah . . . I mean, you never WERE evil, but you're Loki . . . what are you supposed to make of that?"

"Loki wasn't originally evil . . . just mischievous. It wasn't until he killed Balder that he went over the edge. I'm glad I'm not him, though. It's good all i've gotta do is pull a few tricks on people, and then I'm done."

"No wonder the Wanderer still goes about. You need a chance to get around and pull your weight."

"Heh," Kitsune said, nodding. "Now if only my nature didn't inevitably draw chaos around me like moths to a flame. Of course, as I said when I found out, it sure as hell explains why we got put through so much of it."

Gadget had noticed on more than a few occasions how easily Kitsune talked to her, compared to his behavior with others. When faced with strangers or people he didn't trust--often both, in his circles--he was downright mute, but around her he was alive and actually ENJOYED talking and playing word games. She didn't know what to make of it. She supposed if she wanted to find out, she could easily analyze it, but something kept her from doing so.

"You aren't afraid of the Ragnarok?"

"Prophecy. Bah. Fate's up to the one's living it. No offense to you, but I can't do my job if I believe my actions were preordained long before I made them. Fenrir knows all his actions, and you've seen what that knowledge does to a person."

"Yes, I suppose I have," Gadget said. "Knowing each and every decision one has ever made and will ever make . . . I suppose, in the end, the fruit of wisdom does cause some sort of death. But it's not the death thought of . . . knowledge of existence kills human souls, destroys hope and the ability to love, so many things that humanity needs to survive emotionally. In the end, the knowledge a human can possess will destroy their very humanity, and they will become as a God . . . and they will die, soulless and abandoned."

"Impressive. You've been talking to Urthr, I see."

Gadget went to smack him, but Kitsune ducked and danced away.

"Sorry, Skuld, but I can't react any other way to serious news. It's a defense mechanism that I inherited. In all honesty, you've given me what I need to know, and I'm grateful for it. Thank you for your help, and do understand that I wasn't trying to offend you. I was trying to tell you--albeit in an odd way, I'll grant--that I take you seriously. More than any other person I know."

Gadget blinked, but Kitsune had already greyed out and vanished, leaving his coffee cup on the small table in the middle of the cabin.

"Dammit, Loki . . . What's your game this time? Knowing who you were--yes, I've talked to Urthr lately--I can't help but believe you've got something cooking up there, but for the life of me I can't figure out what . . ."

She turned to the painting, and it swirled away to reveal a touchscreen. Her brows furrowed. "Hugin and Mugin, show me Loki's travels in the past few moments."

The screen blinked, then revealed a world map, with two red dots blinking on it. One was near her cabin, and the other--

"I should have known. He's gone to find the loose ends of the past. And in so doing, maybe find the keys to our future."

"Hugin, Mugin. Warn Odin. If we're not careful, Loki may have just discovered the key to his chains, and we won't have any of the Fimbulvetr to prepare. I hate to do this behind his back, but . . . I can't afford to lose him to madness, not before . . . not before . . ." She pressed the screen, and it returned to the cacophony of madness it had been. Then she sighed, and the world turned grey, and tumbled into darkness, to be replaced by swirling masses of color and light, and then darkness and swirling lights and colors once more.

The gods of legend walked the Main in these days.

And, in dark corners, their enemies watched, and waited.

In an alleyway, an old man's eyes failed him, unable to comprehend the female paradox before him, this monstrous beauty whose left side rotted away forever, but never became bone.

Elsewhere, in the sewers, Fenrir noticed something slither by his foot, something large, and he smiled.

Further down the sewer, the rats who once covered the path screeched and ran down other tunnels, into tiny cracks, anywhere to get away from the horror they could feel.

And snow began to fall in Death Valley . . .

OOC: Don't worry . . . there'll be plenty of time for preparation and completion of this story arc and at least one other before the events this post set in motion come to fruition. The murders will be resolved, the Brian plot that barely exists will be resolved, the Manic thing will be finished, and then the fun will begin.

Anyone still curious about how Norse mythology is going to be handled in this story need ask no further.

And yes, the Ragnarok CAN be prevented. I'm just not about to tell you how. (What, and spoil the chances of a good RPing?) Of course, it won't be all fighting. We've got three winters to go through first. /OOC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2002 2:40 pm 
Local

Location: Being held upside down over the edge of a bridge somewhere. Oh the suspense!
OOC: Kit will Tyr fit in anywhere in this story arc? anyway i proceed onwards.

Tyr spat out the butt of his cigar and then placed his toe on it and firmly ground it into the pavement. Spitting the rememnants of the taste out of his mouth he crossed the road to the appartments. Stepping into the door arch he savoured the shelter provided. He looked down at the panel on the wall. there were a list of names and rooms. Frowning he searched him memory for the name. Mad. yes that was it. But there were two possible alternatives. Madaric or Madison. Frowning he sighed, nothing was ever easy. Closing his eyes he jabbed out with his left index, although he was no lonhger largely worshipped he still retained some godly ability, such as the ability to control luck. Opening his eyes he saw that he had jabbed Madaric. Now he waited to see if this informer was actually in. Tyr waited for the reply or whatever this building did to check who you were...

Guybrush: Even BEFORE they smell your breath?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2002 1:04 am 

OOC: to make this post of any decent length, i'm going to cover some events from Luci's perspective. might be a good chance to explore her as a character a bit, too. /OOC

Luci is somewhat pertubed at all the houseguests so late at night, due in part ti the Coitus Interuptus of Vandal's arrival, and in part from the Pariah Maniac showing up. Mad seems to like him, but she can't bring herself to trust them.

Still a little upset at the memories of the poor guy she'd seen a few weeks ago, all cut up, Luci wraps her arms around mad for comfort again. a part of her is amazed at how quickly she'd come to feel for this crazy, sometimes goofy guy and his wild, carefree attitued. another part hates that she takes solace from his company.

to feel close to someone and depend ons omeone, no matter how much, or how little, makes you vulnerable, and when you are vulnerable, you get hurt. her life here in The ain had taught her that very early on in life, her first boyfriend had taken her in when she was 13, after her mom had been killed in that fight between two Pariahs near her home.

He'd got her hooked on drugs, light stuff at first, then some of the stronger shit, then he'd made her work for it. it had been a terrible cycle she thuogh she wouldn't be able to break out of, until the night she'd killed him, strangled him to death with the belt he'd used to shoot up, while he was high.

But Mad, Mad makes her feel different, where he dependance on others had made her feel trapped, a victim of her emotions, Mad makes her feel free. he doesn't put any pressure on her to be anything or do anything. time with him is fun, relaxed, no strings attatched.

hehe, and the fact that the guy is a master with those big hands and long, slim fingers doesn't hurt either.

but there is still a part of her Luci holds back. life has taught her that you can't trust anyone all the way, because in the end they will always hurt you, whether theyu mean to or not.

Just then Luci is brough out of her reverie by the buzzer going off again, and she sighs with irritation as Mad get up to see who it is. the prospect of either chess OR sex tonight is getting slimmer and slimmer by the minute.

She watches as the crimson haired man strides over to the intercom for a third time and speaks into it. "Yeah?"

OOC:i have no idea what Tyr will say, so i'll leave that up to you Guy. Mad will be a little resistant to letting the stranger up until he's said what information he's after, and how much he's willing to pay. even then, Mad's gonna be pretty wary.

unlike Vandal and Manic, Mad doesn't know this guy from swiss cheese. the name of a trusted contact will go a long way though. either make one up or use "Old Gavin" if you want. i have no story for Gav, so improvise as you see fit. /OOC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2002 9:03 am 
Spawn of Kyhm and D

A small thumping sound tickled on the edge of everyone's concious, just slightly out of hearing range, but enough to make one glance around in search of the source. There was the sound of muffled swearing, followed by a crash as one of the small windows in Madadric's apartment exploded inwards seemingly of it's own accord, the cursing becoming clear as the owner of the voice crawled through the new entrance into the room. Lilac hair framed a pretty, if somewhat lean face, kinking slightly towards the end, with a layered effect that had the hair hanging at the stranger's jaw at the front, reaching the nape of her neck at the back. Two jade and azure orbs peeked out from beneath the bangs, surveying the small room as she brushed shards of glass off her somewhat skin-tight outfit. Giving her lithe 5'11" form a slight shrug, and letting out a tiff of disappointment, she locked gaze with Madadric, reaching over her shoulder to un-clip the insanely huge sword that was strapped to her back, the heavy blade falling to the ground with a earth-shattering thud.

"Oh. You're here." She said in a somewhat disappointed and non-chalant tone, "And you've got company for once. Hoo-fucking-ray. Be careful, somebody might say that you're becoming a sociable creature... almost a person." She added the last part with a smirk, and the entire time that the woman talked, she made her way across the room to an adjacent door, stripping articles of clothing off as she went, not seeming to mind showing her body off for everyone to see. "Well, I'm using your shower, and I better not catch you trying to look in. Oh yeah, and the beer in the fridge is mine. Even if you did pay for it. So have a cold one waiting for me, would you? There's a good boy." And with that, the woman who called herself Kenko opened the door and walked through, slamming it shut behind her with finality. A few moments passed, before the water could be heard running, and another curse rang out, shouted loudly enough to penetrate the thin walls of the dive.

"Fucking cold!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2002 11:13 am 
Addict

Vandal had muttered a slight curse as someone newh ad rang the doorbell. He was getting to feel somewhat cramped with all these people. An Luci sure as hell didn't seem happy. Mad walked to the door to answer the buzzer, as Vandal picked up his coat, thinkinag maybe it was best if he cleared out. At that precise momnet, the most unexpected of events happened. A violet haired woman came crashing into the room, via the window. And dropped a large sword on the floor, and walked into the bedroom while stripping off clothes.

The pistol had been halfway out when the weapon had ben discarded. When she had begun dropping clothes he had returned it completely. There was something familiar about this chick. Vandal moved to the window, looking outside to make sure she was alone. With a grunt he forced the stiff old storm windows down to cover the open window. The big thick glass and pane resisted, and eventually squeaked into place.

He sighed and looked down to Luci, a sympathetic expression on his face.

"Hey, want me to clear these guys out of here? Then I can head home and leave you guys some peace."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2002 12:38 pm 
Local

Location: Being held upside down over the edge of a bridge somewhere. Oh the suspense!
Tyr slipped back under the porch roof shaking his head. He had sensed the apporaching danger and turned around to see a dark form crash through a window some floors up. The danger turning out to be only a few shards of broken glass. Some people just had to have the strangest entrances. Turning around he realised he had been asked to identify himself.

"I'm here about information. I'm told your the one to ask."

"And who sent you?"

Tyr dredged his memory for where he had been told to talk to Mad. He remembered a small man, dirty and in rags, he had a cutch and was down one of the alley ways off the main. Frowning he tried to remember his name. Appearances had been decieving the little guy had been suprisingly shrewd. He had been passed some rumors about a guy who had been knocking about who was referred to as the beast. Even thinking about that name made his right arm tingle, so he had tried to follow the small guy up on this lead but the man had come up short. Extorting Tyr for even more of the worthless human currency the man had told him to come to this address and talk to Mad.

"The Guy said his name was Old Gavin."

"What did he look like."

"He was a short dirty man with a crutch huddled away in a corner off main."

"Not enough, anyone could know that."

"ok, he told me that you still owed him exactly 37 cents change from the last transaction you two had made and he wouldn't forget about it, even if you have already paid him a heap of cash."

There was silence for a second.

"Anything else?"

Tyr sighed, "New England Clam Chowder"

"The red or the white?"

Damn Tyr swore inwardly, he was crap at remembering these little things. "The white?"

OOC: Hope thats not too crap, bonus points and a cookie for anone who can get the movie that last bit of dialogue is paraphrased from without using a google or another search engine kind of cheat.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2002 2:03 pm 

Mad laughs and rings the buzzer to let the stranger downstairs up. old Gavin loved his word games and obscure references. conversations with the diminutive old goat were always a blast, and anyone the gaffer sent mad's way had been legit, for the most part.

"come on up, stranger. looks like wev'e got a regular party up here tonight." Mad says, turning to scowl at the broken glass on his kitchen floor as Vandal tries to close the shutter. Mad kicks the discarded clothes over to a corner in the room, and pulls on a pair of jeans before discarding his bedsheet-sarong.

"damned chick could never use a fucking door like the rest of us," mad mutters as he plonks himself back down on the couch next to Luci, who arches a wry eyebrow in his direction. Manic, too is staring at him, the distrustful set to his features unmistakable.

Mad sughs, and decides he better explain the odd entrance and disrobement of the lilac haired woman with a far too large sword, which still lies on his severely dented kitchen floor.

"i met kenko on one of my 'adventures,' i was looking for an old book on the occult, and she weas looking for some guy who'd conned her or something. turns out we were looking for the same guy. since then, iv'e managed a few fight for her on occasion. you might have seen her around, Vandal."

Seeing that luci isn't 100% convinced, Mad goes on. "she...uh...has a wierd concept of private property."

Manic makes a scoffing noise. "you telling us she's a communist or something?"

Mad shakes his head ruefully. "not really. her attitude is more like: "what's yours is mine, and what's mine is mine." she's kinda crazy, but good to have on your side in a fight."

just the the new arrival enters via the front door, and Mad motions for him to pull up a seat. "sit down, fella. pour yourself a drink, if oyu want. a little pleasure before business, i always say."

Luci's eyes narrow a little, and she playfully punches him in the arm. "i wish you'd say it a little louder," Mad just laughs easily and leans back, stretching his arms out on the couch. "it is a very busy night in here tonight. and iv'e got a nagging voice in the back of my head that says none of us here are here by coincidence. i don't know about you jokers, but i think it might be all connected."

"so who's going to start, or am i gonna to have to take lucky guesses?"

OOC: mad is good at guessing and following his instincts, it's how he got to be such a hub of information, and get out of situations that should have killed him. he's also one of those 'devillishly lucky' people, it's not really an ability, though, just a sort of 'crazy coincidence' kind of thing. he can't dodge bullets. /OOC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2002 3:04 pm 
Local

"sit down, fella. pour yourself a drink, if you want. a little pleasure before business, i always say."

Tyr smiled slightly. The apartment wasn't terribly big and this fact wasn't helped by the fact that there were so many people. He clocked Mad himself, two other guys, a half naked girl and from the sounds of someone showering, the broken window and discarded female clothes with glass in them he guessed that the woman he had seen break into the building was in the other room. Not wanting to ruin this guys furniture he nimbly undid the buttons on his trench coat and stuck it on a hanger; with a deft movement of his hand he also tossed his fat flipping onto it as well. The man was of a medium size and what seemed a lean figure that probably was strong but not ripped like a body builder. He wore a plain white cloth shirt, not one of those fancy silk shirts which people wore nowadays, instead it looked slightly worn however the fabric seemed durable and warm. He also wore a pair of tan corduroys that were faded slightly. This contributed to the style of clothing he wore, durable and utile, this man was not out to impress anybody. Tyr made no attempt at style but wore clothes he knew he could rely o in the real world. He gave off an aura of confidence and being world-weary. With the hat off his hair look kind of tousled, it was long but was drawn back into a ponytail, held in place by a broach that looked extremely old and Celtic. The most striking part of his attire was the bandolier that was slung across his front and a hip holster with a single rune carrying a six shooter. Also you could see that within his trench coat was a scabbard for a sword with runes all over it.

Moving to the drinks cabinet he looked at what was on offer. He noticed a fine brand of Scottish whiskey. He poured himself some and sat down on a free armchair. “I like your philosophy Mad. It is always good when a man realises that without pleasure there is little meaning to life. Especially when life can end at any minute. Personally since you seem to have greater overview of our current situation I’d like to hear what you think this is all about.” Tyr felt he was a good judge of men especially after observing them so long. This man seemed shrewd and Tyr always felt it wise to hear someone else’s opinion before you coloured it with your own explanation.

OOC: I guess some of you might notice the homage to old Revolver ocelot and Indiana Jones. The long hair is Viking heritage and the broach is also a bit of respect paid to the old days.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2002 3:14 pm 
Addict

OOC: I like, Tyr preferring the old ways of life, Thor and most of the other gods more interested in keeping up with modern times . . . you'll see what I mean. Later. /OOC

Stig swore briefly as he splashed through the sewers, his tall, bulky form utterly unsuited to the shin-deep waters his nephew loved to sneak through so often.

He swore he had no idea how the two of them ended up related; Stig was much more straightforward and brave (some might say stupid, but they'd never faced him in a fight), but Nico was subtle, dangerous in his panic more than anything else. Stig was huge, broad and built for fighting; Nico was thin, with hands like a violinist and a tendency to bruise easily. Stig shrugged, a massive earthquake shifting his jacket across the mountains he called shoulders. Nico knew the sewers. He knew how to get them through the waters without them getting spotted. Stig deferred to his nephew in this area.

Nico turned back to face Beast and his uncle, shining his flashlight into their faces. He started for a moment--he could have sworn Beast's eyes reflected greenly back at him? No. Just a trick of the mind, caused by the fumes. Really, he needed to stop reading all those sf digests.

Beast started, looking up. <i>Tyr--?</i> That stupid mortal--leading him right to the very last person he wanted to see!! He shook his head. No matter. He would face the Aesir if he had to. The important thing was that he mustn't let the others know. His face remained neutral.

Nico grinned. He stopped next to a ladder, leaning against it as if he owned it. “Here we are,” he said. “You wanted a place that was safe, Beast? Well, up there lies the home of the one and only Mad Adric. If HE can’t keep you out of sight, I don’t know who can.” His face dropped the salesman’s grin, and he looked very frightened. “Please don’t kill me,” he pleaded. “I’m too young to die.”

“Don’t worry, Nicodemus Printz, I have no intention of killing you at this present time. Thank you for your help. It IS appreciated.” Beast’s eyes glittered menacingly. “Now, how do we get out of here.” He said this flat, more like a statement than a question. Nevertheless, Nico rushed to answer. His life depended upon it.

“Ulp,” Nico said. “Uhm . . . there’s a sewer lid right above us. You know, those round things in the street? The ladder goes up to it, and all we’d have to do is open it, and we’ll be in the alley next to his house.”

“Interesting,” Fenrir smirked. “For a place as bright as the Main is supposed to be, it has a large supply of out-of-the-way streets that no one ever looks down. Perhaps not everything we think is real is what is real, eh? We walk beneath what prides itself as the cleanest street in the world—although THAT really depends on your definition of clean, doesn’t it—and we find that what lies beneath the clean is disgusting and dark. Things in this world are not what they seem.” He grinned, and Nico could have sworn there was something . . . wolfish . . . about that smile. “No matter. Many things never turn out how we thought they would . . .” He put a foot on the ladder, and began to pull himself up to reach the sewer lid. His two swords lightly tapped against his back. He touched the lid, eyes concentrating. “For example, this.” He pulled his fist back, and Nico’s eyes widened. Beast followed through, and the lid popped straight up, flying far, far into the air. Beast turned back to look down at his companions for the moment, noting how they squinted. “Come on.” He climbed out of the sewers, immediately straightening and looking up at the building when he got out. A window on one of the upper floor was broken—recently, he noted.

Stig and Nico clambered out after him, and Stig walked up to the intercom. “Mad doesn’t like people barging in on him . . . he knows me and Nico, but I doubt he knows you. Come to think of it, I don’t even know you. Of course, that’s not my job. So I’ll get you inside, but that’s about as far as I’ll help you any more.”

Beast nodded. “Fine.”

Stig turned back, then pressed the intercom. “Hey, Mad, it’s Stig. I’ve got Nico and this ‘Beast’ character with me. We need a place to crash for a bit. Can we come in?”
_____

Below them, in the sewers, something hissed and rose out of the sewage, shaking its head.

“Ssstupid Fenriswolf . . .” it hissed. “Trusssting one of the godsss . . . he issss mad . . . mad, or sssoft . . . I wonder if he really wishessss for what iss coming to actually happen . . . I do not—it means my end, and I do not wish thiss fate ssso soon . . . but those meddling Nornor have given us no choicccesss . . . to preserve balanccce, we mussst dessstroy all we know. I gave my oath . . . and Jormungand does not break a ring-oath.”

“So true,” came a melodic voice from behind the serpent, a voice that mixed hatred with bittersweet happiness and sorrow. Jormungand saw the wretched eye rolling in its rotted socket, the inhuman grin. Then Hel stepped out of the shadows and the sewer glinted with her other half’s ethereal beauty. “It’s what separates us from those despicable gods and goddesses in Asgard and Valhalla. We do NOT break our promises for mere sport or power, like Odin has done to us in the past. It is why we possess the power to destroy them. The gods have gained too much in recent millennia . . . we have no choice but to kill them all in order to restore balance to the universe.”

“Fenrissswolf ssseemss to want another way . . .” the serpent hissed. “He hass grown to like the humanssss.”

“No problem. You know the prophecy. Some humans will survive. Not many, but enough to keep their race alive. Personally, I think Fenrir’s only afraid of his own mortality. He knows he must die to achieve his goals. And he finds he is not ready to die for our cause any more. I can understand that, and I don’t grudge his second thoughts. He just needs a reminder that whatever his views are, he mustn’t try too hard to tempt the Nornor. They tempt <I>all</I> too easily.”

“True. Sssissster, we have stood in one place too long . . . they must not find usss together . . .”

“Very well. To our respective domains, then.” The world greyed out, and Hel was gone. Jormungand slithered back under the waters, deep in thought.
_____

Beast noted that his breath was starting to become visible, and Nico shivered.

“Where’d this <I>cold</I> come from so suddenly?” the boy muttered. “Mad better answer soon. I’m gettin’ so I can’t even feel my fingers.”

Beast raised an eyebrow.

“Fimbulvetr,” he whispered. “It’s begun, but by whose command?”

He needed answers. And he’d start finding them when he and the war god had a talk.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2002 6:10 pm 
Addict

Manic was about to ask Vandal whether he had seen anyone traveling with the wanderer, but before he could the intercom sounded, and as mad reached it some crazy woman crashed through the window and started ranting about Mad's social life. Luckily, the bitch finally shut up when she went into the shower.

He had hardly had time to take this in when a new person (the one who had buzzed in before) arrived. There was something... old-fashioned about this guy, with his runes and sword. Manic recognized the runes on his sword - they were Germanic, or perhaps Nordic. I'd better watch out, Manic thought. This guy could be dangerous.

And so Mad, Manic, Luci, Vandal, and Tyr started drinking and talking. All the while Manic was looking for the right moment to ask Vandal whether the Wanderer had any companions.

But in the end he didn't have to. The buzzer sounded again. Mad went over to it.

“Hey, Mad, it’s Stig. I’ve got Nico and this ‘Beast’ character with me. We need a place to crash for a bit. Can we come in?”

Did I hear correctly? Manic thought. Beast? The very person I need, and I didn't even have to look for him - he's coming to me! Things were working out better than Manic had anticipated.

I wonder how the crazy old bastard is doing, anyway, Manic thought.

"Time is the substance from which I am made. Time is a river which carries me along, but I am the river; it is a tiger that devours me, but I am the tiger; it is a fire that consumes me, but I am the fire."
Jorge Luis Borges

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: IcyMonkey on 2002-12-31 17:14 ]</font>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2002 11:25 pm 

Mad is grinning crazily as he walks back to his seat on the couch. the other couch and armchairs in his loft are quickly filling up with people, and it all smells like events speedily taking a new and strange direction.

Mad doesn't have any real ability for it, but he can usually tell a para when he sees one, just something in the way they carry themselves, little things that most people don't notice. mad doesn't really notice them consciously himself, but his instincts give him 'hunches.'

and his instincts are telling him things are going to start heating up around The Main very soon. or is that cooling down? Mad chuckles.

Mad grins, and raises his glass to Tyr in a small toast, as he sits back down, and speaks. "looks like the party's getting bigger, eh? personally, i wouldn't mind if freya turned up..it is friday, after all," Mad scratches idly at his naked chest, as he once again get himself comfortable in the couch, his arm draped lazily around Luci's shoulders.

Mad relaxes, and simply waits to see what new surprises coum out of the past, and to see which path they will take into the future.

OOC: there may be a little bit of tension between Tyr and Beast, from what iv'e gathered. if they are going to fight, Mad will interrupt them by basically saying "not in my house." he will say that they are both guests under his roof, and he, as a host cannot asllow them to fight each other whilst under his hospitality. he is quite happy for them to take it outside though.

that's if they are gonna brawl, of course, /OOC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2003 2:04 am 
Local

OOC: I'll wait for Kitsune to post their entrance befor i post Tyrs reaction.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2003 6:14 am 
Spawn of Kyhm and D

It was about twenty to thirty minutes before Kenko emerged from the shower, wearing some of Madadric's old clothes that she'd rustled up, which, although they didn't hang too loosely (or hug too tightly, as the case maybe over some places), they were slightly too long, the sleeves of the shirt covering up her hands, and the legs of the pants hiding her bare feet. Her wet hair touched the top of the collar, making it slightly damp, and for once her bangs were pulled back from her face, revealing the jade-azure orbs that served as her eyes. Taking another survey of the room, she noticed the newcomer, and the lack of beer waiting for her, and she scowled at him, giving a grunt of annoyment. Moving into the kitchen area, she opened the fridge and rustle through the contents.

"Oh, gross... How old is this cheese?" She asked, not waiting for a reply before taking a bite. "... Too old." Coughing, she put it back in, as far as she could push it back, knowing that it wasn't going to be long before something that tasted that revolting developed a sentient mind. Getting a beer for herself, she tossed another to Madadric, one to Luci as well, one to Vandal, and frankly, anyone else who piped up and said they wanted one. Glancing around for a bottle opener, she was unable to find one, so, setting her beer down on the bench, she reached down and grabbed the mammoth blade that she'd dropped earlier, hoisting it up, and somehow manuevering it into a position to knock the top off without breaking the bottle. And the bench. Taking a long drink, and perching herself up on the bench, Kenko gave a long sigh, before tugging uncomfortably at the collar of the shirt she was wearing.

"So, my esteemed manager, have you got any fights for me? It's getting rather boring around here, lately."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2003 3:34 pm 
Addict

Vandal leaned against the wall, glancing curiously around the room at all these people. The place was decidedly getting too crowded. And if Stig were coming up here it'd get even more crowded in a short time. Especialy if he had that little skinny guy Nico and whoever this Beast guy was. He took a swig from the beer tossed to him by the crazy woman and sighed. He had opened it with the opener on his keychain. Kenko had missed his offer of it and opened hers with her sword.

One look in her direction showed him how much he did not want to be around when Luci finally got the chance to talk to Mad about this.

The tension in the room was getting worse. Crowded people, too many strangers, and something was going. Had to be. And he wasn't sure what was going to happen when everyone found out whta it is.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2003 7:28 pm 
Addict

Beast followed Nico and Stig up the stairs to Mad Adric's apartment. Stig knocked on the door, and Vandal opened it.

Beast noted, two seconds before the moment happened, that Adric's window was the broken one, and he wondered why he hadn't bothered to check.

Of course, then he noticed Tyr. And vice versa. Tyr's stump twinged, and his eyes narrowed.

"You," he growled.

"You," Fenriswolf growled in reply.

The world tunneled down to a red line of sight, passing between the two of them. Then the line blew up, and caught everyone in the building and wherever the eye could see.

"So, frozen time," Fenrir whispered. "Yet another trick you must've picked up somewhere along the line."

"I'd so love to kill you, Fenriswolf . . . but you know as well as I why I can't. Our reckoning will come."

"Yes, it will, won't it?"

"What are you doing here, anyway? How did you free yourself without breaking the chains and starting the Ragnarok? Forgive me, but I'm curious."

"Some secrets will stay secrets. Suffice to say the Disir are not the only ones who watch over humanity any more."

"Odd, isn't it, how friendly we're being towards each other?" Tyr said, tones dripping ice. "Odd how I'm just LETTING you live."

"We can't fight now. We do, you let go of the timeslip, and we let everyone know what's going on. Of course, they could always be passed off as casualties of War, couldn't they? You wield that power, Tyr. Not much stops you from using it daily."

"Damn you, Fenrir. What are you getting at?"

"You have too much control over their lives. My job is to provide Justice to humanity. I hardly call being slaves to a bunch of immortal brats like you Justice."

"So you finally bothered to find a justification for what would otherwise be merely genocide!" Tyr accused. "I should kill you now for saying such a thing!"

Then he collected himself, and turned his thoughts inward, becoming the picture of Nordic silence and pride.

"I will not sink down to your level, Fenrir," he said finally. "I won't give you the satisfaction of besting me in a battle of wills."

"Of course you won't, said Beast, grinning maliciously. "That's Thor's job."

Tyr's eyes flashed dangerously.

"You expect mercy from me, Tyr?" Beast asked angrily. "Why, when it was you responsible for my mother's death? Do you remember that, God of War? Do you remember how she cried for mercy? How she asked you to let her go so sorrowfully? She never was more than an innocent in this war, a civilian caught in the crossfire. And you killed her, for falling in love with an illusion. You killed her, all to prevent me from being born. Well, you were too late for that. Loki had already put me in a place where I could grow safely. And then, when I grew old enough, I attacked you. I struck so many of you down, like ninepins. Remember that day? That day I won my revenge?"

"I remember, Fenriswolf," Tyr said. "except I remember the innocent elves, Disir, and Valkyrjor you struck down unknowingly. The blood you spilled that day was far more than I spilled in ending the abomination that grew you from it."

"They were your servants, or have you forgotten? The elves were always called 'greatest of the servants of the Aesir.' They were not innocent. My mother never bowed before a god in submission. Not even Loki could tame her entirely. But the elves--they worshipped you like you were more than you really were. Really, they were so misguided they thought that would let them live forever. I showed them their folly, and made the world better by removing an unecessary trust. No god can be trusted for long."

"Nor can any bastard of Loki's creation."

"We do not break ring-oaths, giant-born. You fight to destroy your very birthrights. It astonishes me that you can even say you are honorable when you loathe your very fathers so much that you wish to kill them! Whatever you say about me, I am still loyal to MY father and mother!"

Two Nordic men facing each other is a very striking thing. Two metahuman Norsemen facing each other is a much more striking thing.

Beast paused. When he spoke again, he was much calmer. "We will be working together very soon, I expect, and to prevent anyone from getting any ideas, I suggest we forget this conversation ever happened. The Ragnarok must be kept a secret for as long as possible. Do you agree?"

"Agreed."

The red tint around the world thinned down to a line once more, and the world returned to normal.

"We'll deal with this later," said Beast, and he turned to Manic.

"I believe you wanted to speak to me?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2003 8:04 pm 
Addict

"How did you -" Manic started, but stopped himself midsentence.

"Ah, nevermind," Manic continued. "It's not like I ever knew much about you and what you were capable of even when we were both on the same team. Speaking of the old days, I have a bounty on our old 'friend' Eve, and my employer seems to believe that she's been hiding out here in the Main. I'm guessing they think that the recent murders are her doing. So, I was just wondering: have you seen her? And if not, would you be willing to help me in getting her?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2003 8:27 pm 
Addict

Beast's eyebrow twitched.

"Eve? Are you sure?" He paused, looking grim. "No, I don't suppose you'd let something THIS volatile go insubstantiated. She's loose, is she? Well then, the only choice we have is to stop her." <i>Before the sins of the past destroy our future,</i> he added silently. "I'll assume you still remember how Hyperspace handles rogues."

"If they don't go willingly, they go crispy," Manic said, grimacing. "Oh, I remember."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2003 9:50 pm 
Local

OOC: Well i guess that took care of the whole encounter, so i'll just sit here and wait until i have something to contribute, or we get directiion :grin:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2003 1:17 am 

At the mention of the murders, Luci's eyes snap away from the strange woman lounging around Mad's apartment like she owned the place, and to the new arrivals. Stig, the little fellow Nico, who seems to bhe trying to make himself as inconspicuous as possible, and the strange guy with the streaked hair, who had briefly locked eyes with the cowboy-looking guy Tyr.

"eve, huh?" Mad mutters, raising an eyebrow. Luci turns to look at him, and sees a thoughtful, hunting look on his face, as his lateral mind flies to put small fragments of information gleaned here and there to gether. pieces of convetrsation overheard, passing remarks, parts of classified files, frightened infomant's babbling confessions, it isn't enough for him to the whole story, but it's enough for him to get a vague idea of what is going on, as his subconscious, unhindered, does most of the grunt work, and hands the conclusion to his somewhat unfocused conscious mind.

"so, that old legend wasn't so much of a legend...but i think hyperspace were getting their myths mixed up."

"Adric, what are you talking about?" Luci asks, her face expressing profound puzlement.

"old news come back to bite us all in the ass. something the govornment was fucking around with when they should have had the good sense to leave well enough alone. but forget that for the moment."

Mad nods towards Beast and Tyr, who are both standing somewhat uneasily, despite what the one with the two swords had said about "dealing with this later"

"whatever you do, don't get in between those two. there's old blood there, REAL old blood. whatever their little spat is about, there is no good resolution in it. Hatred that old is something you take to the grave, and bring back from it." Mad is only paying mild attention to the words as they spring from his mouth, just letting them roll out, and trusting that they are true...they usually were, for the most part.

Kenko, more than a little irritated at being somewhat ignored, throws the empty bottle at Mad's head. the glass bounces off his head, coaxing an "ow!" out of him before he turns his head, looking particularly annoyed.

"WHAT?"

"i said, you got any fights lined up for me. my cash is running low, and i'm bored. are you going deaf in your old age, or has too much sex with minors finally rotted out the rest of your brain?"

Mad is about to come back with his own sarcastic retort, when Luci, highly irritated at the 'sex with minors' comment stands up, glaring at the woman, dressed in Mad's clothes, and sitting on Mad's kitchen bench talking crap about her. All Mad can do is sink into the couch, rub the small lump on his head, and groan.

"hey! what's this sex with minors crap? just because you might be some Ex from years ago doesn't mean you can break in here and start talking shit about people you don't even know."

OOC: well, how's kenko gonna take this? is she gonna try and lay Luci out? will she develop a liking for the little firecracker due to similarity in personality? is she gonna laugh at the implication of sex with Mad? (i think so.) ios she going to question Luci's taste in men? (i would.)

stay tuned for the answers to these questions and a lot more that havn't even been asked yet.

any bat time, same bat channel.

/OOC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next