ZOMBIE FORUMS

It's a stinking, shambling corpse grotesquely parodying life.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:48 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2002 1:02 am 
Addict

<i>Imagine a street, full of dark foreboding corners and alleys where you'd never know what was waiting for you at the turn.

Imagine a street where right was wrong and the heroes weren't who you were expecting.

Imagine a street with all that, but with enough glamour and enough style and flair that all that just melted away as you pulled onto it in an old, classic Cadillac; imagine the bright lights and neon strippers performing their acts in full vibrant color on the local signs; imagine the people walking the streets, not caring what you saw them doing . . .

In this world there were no perverts; there was no need.

Lined along the road were hundreds of bars, dance clubs, burlesque houses, and sometimes amalgamations of all three. On this road was any possible pleasure, available for the taking, and even if not free, so cheap you could be a bum and still pay it.

Welcome to the Main. Bright lights, dark corners. Be careful when you step into a street where angels would NEVER tread.</i>

Yet another Kitsune stared up at the outlined girl scissoring her neon legs up and down, wearing an outfit best considered scandalous.

This one never knew a MiaoMing. This one never had a friend to care . . . This one was a loner with no answers, and too many questions. He was missing forty-eight hours in his life, and so far, no one had been able to give him an answer.

The mob boss he had cornered a few days ago had said there was a contact who lived on the Main who might know something about some government activities in the late 80's . . .

Kitsuen clenched his fist. All he knew was that he had been made by some secret Project, and they wanted him for some reason . . . he'd fought off enough MIBs to know whatever he was was damn important to the rest of civilization . . . he just didn't know what that could be.

Hopefully, this man could give him some answers, but inwardly Kitsune doubted it. A man who's spent his life hiding in a den of scum, like this man had, was never going to be worth anything to someone who had an important question to ask.

If Kit had any measure of a guess, he'd say the man would be like all the others . . . he'd only have a part of the puzzle, not the whole thing.

Kitsune drew his brown, battered cloak around his body, and pulled the hood over his head, masking his appearance as he moved among the shadows of the Main.

He didn't know he was being watched.

OOC: Feel free to take the role of the watcher or the informant; this one doesn't have a story, and most of you on the board already know how Kit would be written believably; just add a few more layers of loneliness and paranoia and you'll have this one.

What I'd like is for someone else to maybe write an inhabitant of the Main Street . . . give this place a little more life than my hurried writeup can provide. And maybe there'll be some fights. In a seedy place like this, there's plenty of background stuff that could boil over at any moment. Enjoy this place, it's the perfect luxury for any Expatriate . . . as long as they don't get too close to things they shouldn't be butting into, like where the Main gets all its money ::wink wink:: . . . /OOC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2002 1:59 am 
Addict

Into the bar came a curious creature: a brown monkey with black shades, a black trenchcoat and a rather large gun of some kind strapped to his back.

He went by the name Manic, although behind he back he was called Bobo. Call him that to his face, though, and he'd blow your brains out. He was sensitive about his... condition.

If not being a part of the human race could even be called a "condition".

This monkey, unlike another monkey in another universe, had never met the international terrorist Rand Altoor. As such, he went through life friendless, hopelessly pursuing his futile goal of world domination until he realized how pointless the endeavor was.

That's when he became an assassin.

Professional killing paid good money, and with an unbelievable array of technology at his disposal and several years experience under his belt, Icy was one of the best assassins in the country, if not the world. As of late he has been working for various organized crime networks around the Main.

But he didn't come to this bar searching for his latest quarry. He came here to get piss drunk and forget just how empty his life was.

He looks around the bar. All the regulars were there. Except...

There was a new one there. A younger one. Manic could tell he was trying to act inconspicuous. But he was failing.

The kid looks pretty innocent, Manic thought. This doesn't seem like the kind of place a kid like that should be.

Icy stared at the boy for a moment. Then he walked toward Kitsune.

"Hey, kid," he said.

"What do you want?" Kit asked, his voice full of suspicion.

"I just want to know... what's a kid like you doing in a place like this? Are you lost or something?"

"Patriotism ... is a superstition artificially created and maintained through a network of lies and falsehoods; a superstition that robs man of his self-respect and dignity, and increases his arrogance and conceit."
-Emma Goldman

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: IcyMonkey on 2002-11-30 17:15 ]</font>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2002 9:47 am 
Addict

Kitsune's green eyes glinted through his glasses, as he pulled his hood back.

"What am I doing here? You might as well ask a cloud why it rained this morning, whoever you are. I have nowhere else to go." Kitsune stared at the monkey, curious as to what it was doing here. It felt . . . familiar somehow to be speaking to this TALKING MONKEY--of all things, but Kit supposed he'd seen odder--as if he'd met him before. He'd never met people more than once. Either they ran from him when they found out what he was, or they were killed when he Awoke. Whatever the reason, he never had the chance to get to know someone, and so it was odd that he'd see a familiar face.

But how could he know a monkey?

"Tell me," Kitsune asked, "do you believe in fate?"

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kitsune1527 on 2002-11-30 17:14 ]</font>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2002 11:30 am 
<font color=darkred><b>Lorem Ipsum

Stigmund is a big man. standing just over seven feet tall, and heavily muscled, he is an imposing figure, looking like some kind of throwback to the days of huge warmongering Vikings, which is why troublemakers in The Neon lover are usually shocked, and then brutally bashed by an enourmous scandanavian Bouncer with the speed and agility of a 12 year old acrobatic girl.

I'm not joking, the Big Man is fast, and has a sense for trouble, seemingly able to pick a fight out of a crowded dance club before the first punch is thrown. Sherm, the owner of The Neon Lover considers Stigmund priceless, and guards his employment of the giant jealously from all the other club and bar owners on The Main.

Stigmund looks over and sees a crimson haired man in his early to mid 20's, leaning on one of the rails that seperated the raised 'drinking' area from the sunken 'dancing' area. the guy is tapping his foot, although not in time to the shudderingly loud dance music, and talking to a girl that couldn't have topped 16 years of age if she cheated, but that wasn't unusual in this place, or anywhere on The Main.

this was a placve where innocence was lost early, and treated hard those that didn't adapt to lifestyle in the Street That Never Slept.

Stig heads over to the couple, easily pushing through the mass of bodies that fill the dirty club, and leans over the 6 foot man, looking into his oddly-colored eyes. "Kid! you better not be in here to start any trouble!" the big guy shouts in the man's ear. the youth just displays an easy. lazy grin, and shouts back into the Giant's neck. "you and the Old Man don't gotta swat Stig! I'm just here to meet some kid. nothing big." Mad gestures to the girl at his side, who is drinking a colorful drink, no doubt full of expensive exotic alcohols, and one or two designer drugs you can't go two feet in The Main without tripping over.

"you met Luci? she's from down Southend." mad shouts at stig. the girl smiles, and waves. stig is impressed with the girl's smile, there is something different about her than all the other pro's he sees ttramping through Main, still some life in her, where most others on The Main have only their bitter cores of cynicisim and self-destructive addictions to cuddle up to at night. Stig nods to the child in greeting, and moves on, spotting a stellie who'd just entered, and rumor says was into a shifty 'unauthorized' racket with some young 'up and coming' muscling in on the turf of well established families. "fom Southend, of all places? lookin' THAT innocent? the boy's got the touch." Stig mutters to himself.

As stig heads off the Steelie, he notices Manic talking to some new kid he'd never seen before, and files the information away for later inspection. Stig makes it his bussiness to keep track of what's going on...it's the surest way to stay On Top Of Things.

Mad knocks back the rest of his cougar, and watches the giant walk off through the crowd toward a shifty looking cyborg, who seems busy trying to look inconspicuous at the side of the club, and doing a poor job of it. "my god, he was HUGE!" Luci exclaims into Mad's ear. Mad laughs an easy laugh, and leans close to the girl, scenting a waft of the subtle perfume she wears. "yeah, i have my suspicions he's some kind of secret experiment in eugenics or something. Nicest guy in the world though, a real sweetheart. Another?" Mad gestures to Luci's drink, and she nods.

Mad makes his way to the bar, deftly slipping between the other patrons with expert ease, his swift, timed movement completely different to Stigmund's SteamTrain method of moving through crowds. as he squeezes up to the bar, and orders the drinks, Mad finds himself thinking about luci. He'd come across her fighting off a small group of toughs down southend a week ago, and had enjoyed helping her beat the snot out of them. After that, he'd taken her for a bite to eat at some greasy pancake stand, and they'd got to talking.

The girl was smart, if not educated, tough, but not butch, streetwise, but not cynical, and she could fuck like a Goddess. she may have been young, but she'd tought Mad a few things about a few things.

Mad grins at the Bartender as he recieves his drinks and then headsback over to the girl, who is masterfully turning away a drunken partyer, looking for some after-party affection. "who was that?"

Luci shrugs, her deep, almost black, blue hair rolling off her shoulders, "just some guy,"

Mad leans back on the rail, enjoying the atmosphere of frenetic activity and barely contained lust that permeates the club, and the whole on The main, and enjoys his ladyfriend's company. if this guy looking for information wanted it, he'd find Mad, not the other way around.

OOC:this looks like fun! thought i'd just add to the dodgyness of The Main's atmosphere a bit, hope you don't mind kit. as far as powers go, i'll let you set the tone for that, and follow your lead. i'll play the situations the same.

Stig is up for grabs in whatever anyone wants to throw him, he's just a normal dude, if an excellent fighter...Luci is just a normal girl, (for starters, at least,) and i'll play her as a side character for the most part.

can't wait to see where it goes from here! /OOC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2002 4:10 pm 
Addict

OOC: Meanwhile, to add some suspense to the mix, here's a little bit more about the Neon Lover. /OOC

Nicodemus Printz lived on the Main only because it was the easiest place to store stuff without anyone asking questions. It was the easiest place to find information, provided you had the necessary cash, but considering Nico's profession, all he had to do was wire some Congressman's wallet to the informant's Swiss account and that was taken care of.

Well, those were the reasons he gave first. The REAL reason was because he had grown up on the Main, knew it back to front. He was a nephew of the Neon Lover's bouncer, and as such was allowed into its more private sections easily. He didn't bother. Sex wasn't something he got off on . . . computers turned him on so much easier.

Which was why he was currently (currently, because he had a tendency to vanish unexpectedly and show up days later drunk and wearing a goofy smile, holding up the blueprints of the latest government coverup) the Head of Security at the club his uncle worked at.

He was in what he dubbed Nico's Playpen, a little room in the basement of the Lover filled top to bottom with computers. A Cray sat in the back, crunching the digits until Nico decided to run a background check on someone difficult. Which wasn't often.

This might explain why Nico was currently babbling incoherently.

"Uncle Stig, who's that kid you just passed?" he croaked.

"Who, the one next to Manic? Just some random kid probably looking for excitement. He seems harmless."

"Harmless?" Nico said bitterly. "Harmless does not have a quadruple-classified FBI file, Unc."

"Nico, can you crack it?" Stig's voice was tired.

Nico made a huff. "Of COURSE I can crack it . . . it'd have to be much more classified than that to stop me . . . oh. Shit."

"What is it, Nico?"

"The FBI file is . . . empty. The only word in it is 'Hyperspace.' This doesn't make sense!"

"Well, I hate things that don't make sense. I'm going to have a little TALK with this person . . . what's his name?"

"Kitsune. Also goes by 'Wanderer', has connection to two other files, labeled 'Beast' and 'Gadget.' Dunno what those are about . . . but they're ALSO quadruple-encrypted. Lemme check 'em out real quick before you do anything hasty . . ."

Nico's hands flew across the keyboards around him, mouth moving to its own melody, and then the two files were open. "'Hyperspace.' Again."

"Well, Nico, you're head of Security for this place, how do you suggest making it secure?"

"Uncle Stig . . . why don'tcha go have that little chat you were planning to have with this Kitsune . . . and I'll get back to you on what the hell is going on in a bit."

"Sounds simple. I like simple."

---

Kit saw his contact suddenly, and cut off Manic's reply with a hand. He moved through the club slowly, taking in the surroundings. Mad turned his gaze from Luci to lock stares with Kitsune, and in a moment Kitsune was suddenly more sure of his chances with this informant.

However, it would have to wait until the bouncer got out of the way. Stigmund cracked his knuckles.

"I've got a few questions I'd like to ask you . . ." he said.

Kitsune's eyes narrowed, and he fell into a relaxed position, one that while appearing normal and unrushed, could slip into any of a dozen attacks, blocks, or evasions Kitsune had learned over the years.

"I'm afraid I won't have many answers . . " he replied, steel in his voice.

His cloak was wrapped protectively around him, and some people around him began to wonder just what secrets this teen hid under those layers of cloth . . .

OOC: Now, Mad, remember: Kit knows nothing. But he's still dangerous. He may not know all he can do, nor WANT to do anything, but he's still a DAMN good martial artist. This one is, after all, from Khazan, the City of Champions. (Or he will be, once I fix the problems he'll get Godsmacked for ^^;;) And Manic . . . well, we'll see how Icy wants to handle this. /OOC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2002 11:49 pm 
Native

Val strolls into the Neon Lover with an anticipating grin on his weathered but handsome face. He runs his fingers through his dark hair as he scans the crowd for a hottie to pick up for the evening. Having no assignments from any of his bosses, he's taking the night off to get drunk and laid.

"Yo Stig, how's yer hammer hangin.." he says as he passes the big bouncer. He notices Stig's knuckles gettin popped and ready. Val sidles up to the bar and orders a beer, giving Madadric a conspiratorial wink and a nudge and nods at Stig.

"Looks like the new kid in town's gettin a beating the first night. This aughtta be good."

/OOC: Val's sportin black fatigues for pants, with black suspenders over his white rare edition Exploitation Now T-Shirt. His smooth black leather jacket hangs open and loose over his wiry frame, just closed enough to hide any weapons that might be underneath. OOC

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mr. Ix on 2002-12-01 18:20 ]</font>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2002 3:28 pm 

OOC: to keep this conversation moving, i'll take a few liberties with Kit, if it's out of character, write in the changes, then i'll post it. /OOC

Stig studis the kid further, re-assessing the risk he could provide. the stance seemed easy and relaxed, (which in itself was unusual for someone facing The Neon Lover's giant cracking his knuckles.) but stig's senses warn him there's more than meets the eye with this one.

A bouncer's job is to keep trouble out of his place of employment. Sometimes this involves a rough hand, ans sometimes tact is best employed. Being the best, stig is adept at choosing which to use when.

So instead of knocking the pup acrosds the room, Stig actually asks a question. "first up, what brings a kid with a classified govornment record into a respectable establishment down here in The Main?"

Shock momentarily registers on the Wanderer's face, quckly replaced by an icy fury. "WHAT?!"

"we got a freind who ran your description through some databases, and you popped up in an empty file, highly classified or something. What brings you to the Main, and specifically The Neon Lover?"

"where the hell did you 'friend' get his hands on this file so quick? what's written in it?" The kid just keeps giving Stig questions, not answers, and his patience starts to wear thin. Taking a deep breath, stig asks one last time, trying to stay polite. for all Stig knows, the punk could be carrying a hotgun under that cloak, or worse yet, be a 'Para'. it would certainly explain the cocky attitude.

"look, this street goes both ways. you gotta give me something here. i'll ask one more time, after that, 'im gonna have to ask you to leave. what's your business in The Neon Lover?"

Stig notices the steelie from before begginning tomove across the club's floor, toward some members of the local Yakuza knock-off...in reality, just a bunch of korean kids in off a boat, full of kung-Fu and bad manners. Whatever the kid's deal, a real situation is about to boil up.

OOC:if kit says he's here to meet Mad, stig will let it go in order to deal with the steelie and the yakuza knock-offs. either way, he'll call for some of the other bouncers to watch both kit and the developing situation.

Mad is pretty friendly with Sherm, the owner, and can get kit behind the scenes of the club, if he asks the right questions, i.e: produces the right abount of bills.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2002 4:22 pm 
Local

Location: Being held upside down over the edge of a bridge somewhere. Oh the suspense!
Guy watched, that was what he was paid to do. And he was damn good at it. Currently he was being employed to keep an eye on a young male subject. Intelligence was usually on a need to know basis, and Guy knew nothing of this subject, so either there was nothing he needed to know about his subject, or his employers knew nothing. Being in the dark about certain factors might have worried a number of other operatives, but this fact did not bother Guy. If his subject couldn't detect him then Guy figured he had nothing to worry about. It was hardly like he was defenceless, and it was an extremely rare a subject who discovered Guy before he was ready.

An almost imperceptible ripple passed through a shadow on a wall opposite the neon lover. From this ripple stepped a faint form, barely visible to the naked eye. The form had an almost Smokey property to it, humanoid in shape although its figure shifted constantly in shimmering patterns. Gliding across the ground in fluid movements it crossed the street, not stopping for traffic it seemed to have no trouble moving between the hectic drivers.

It approached the wall of the neon lover, lifting a tentacle, maybe arm shaped appendage, to the wall. Making contact with the wall the place where the creatures eyes may have been seem to take on a thoughtful expression. *This club would not be easy to infiltrate, for a normal person. I will have to especially careful* with that the shape seemed to melt into the wall, passing through the wall with the same rippling characteristics that he passed through shadow.

Guy entered the club to see the confusing crush of humanity that all the clubs on the main had. However it barely took a moments thought to pick his target out from the crowd, the kind of training it took life times to develop. Shifting in spectrum he melted into a shadow to observe unknown. His target seemed like he might be facing some difficulty with one of the bouncers. This was not his concern... currently. Guy absorbed the information like a sponge, cataloguing it all for his report.

The subject he noted was far from unequipped to deal with the bouncer however, Guy recognised the deceptively neutral stance as one that could become any number of defensive or aggressive manoeuvres. The watchers estimation of the boy increased slightly. Guy never underestimated a possible opponent, but he had certainly not expected to see that stance. *This job may end up being more entertaining than I had thought...*

Guybrush: Even BEFORE they smell your breath?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2002 5:26 pm 
Addict

[ooc] justn ow got around to reading this one. Looks good. Think I'll pop in. Mad, gonna useyou as an entrance I think, if ya don't mind. This is Vandal, post USMC, pre Legacy Inc. No runes, nothing like that. [/ooc]

Vandal pushed through the doors of the Neon, looking around. He rolled hisn eck once, reaching up to work a kink out of it. Sore as hell afer that last fight yesterday. That Brazilian had been a hell of a fighter. Damnable dance fighting style was a bitch to anticipate.

He looked through the smoke and haze, past the mingling crush of bodies. The bouncer was easy to spot. big mofo. Quick too, if he was any judge of fighters, which he was. There he was.

Vandal made his way through the presso f bodies, sometimes shoving, mostly avoiding, generally polite, waving off offers and threats alike. He stopped a short distance away. Mad spotted him form the corner of his eye and waved him to hold off for a bit. Vandal shrugged and ordered himself a drink, thanking the tender and moving to a table near to where mad spoke with some guy. Odd guy, was dressed in a cloak and crud. Looked like he was trying to hide something. Of course the stnce he was in was one that could quite easily erupt into violence. Mainly if Stig got pissy. That wouldn't be a good thing. He had fought Stig before, over a little disagreement about a common ex-girlfriend about six months ago. They both still had the scars. They had been drug back to their respective homes after being knocked the fuck out at the same time.

Vandal waved and smiled at Luci, who was standing near mad, and pulled out a seat for her shoul she want to come sit down. <i> Nice girl... good for Mad... </i> he thought ot himself as he watched the steelie begin yelling obscenities at the yakuza wannabes on the other side of the bar.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2002 8:59 pm 
Addict

Manic sat at the bar with a glass of whiskey, keeping his eye on Kitsune.

"Look at how that boy's reacting to Stig," he said to himself. "There's something downright suspicious about that kid..."

Manic looked at his watch. 22:00. At 22:30 he'd have to go get the information on his latest assignment. He'd be meeting with an agent of the Department of Defense - specifically Project Hyperspace. An organization Manic had had... connections with in the past.

"This should be... interesting... But I don't have much more time. Better drink up."

[OOC] EDIT: 12/5/02 I changed a few things to make this post consistent with later revelations about Manic. [/OOC]

"Patriotism ... is a superstition artificially created and maintained through a network of lies and falsehoods; a superstition that robs man of his self-respect and dignity, and increases his arrogance and conceit."
-Emma Goldman

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: IcyMonkey on 2002-12-05 01:28 ]</font>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2002 9:55 pm 
Local

Location: Being held upside down over the edge of a bridge somewhere. Oh the suspense!
OOC: I was just wondering who was the watcher. me or Icemonkey? or are we both watchers? I'm sorry if he called it first. its just i didn't recognise the monkey assassin as a potential watcher.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2002 2:32 am 

OOC: guy, if by watcher you mean someone trailing Kit, i think that kit left it pretty much open. /OOC

Seeing the possibility of the situation between Stig and a prospective client getting ugly, Mad decides to intervene, gestures for Luci to go over and sit with Vandal, and heads over to the pair. approaching in clear view, mad nods to both the kid and Stig. and yells to the cloaked youth through the noise of the club.

"Yo. You 'Wanderer?" mad calls.

"you know this kid?" stig shout in Mad's ear. Mad manages not to wince.

"yeah, we got bussiness, Stig. it's cool."

The giant stands up, making an imposing figure, and clasps Mad's shoulder in a powerful grip. "alright, just make sure this doesn't get complicated. Me and nico have our hands full enough already, and you know hoe sherm gets about trouble in his club."

Mad grins, or grimaces as Stig's grip tightens, and nods. "sutre thing. we'll be heading out back, one of the private rooms."

Stigmund nods, "alright talk to jhonny." The big man quickly moves through the crowd towards the steelie and the gangboys, and those paying attention notice 3 other bouncers heading that way from different corners of the club.

Mad turns to the stranger. "c'mon. i'll talk to Jhonny the bartender and get us somewhere where we don't have to shout to hear each other, then you can tell me what it is your'e after."

On his way to he bar, mad stops by Vandal and Luci's seats. "hey man, i got some bussiness with this kid, then i'll be backi and get you your cash." Mad says to the fighter.

"how'd we do?" Vandal shouts in mad's ear. Mad holds up four fingers, and grins. "four grand. that's 36 hundred for you. it was a big fight alright!" Luci leans over to Vandal, putting her hand on his shoulder to get his attention. "so your'e buyinmg me a few drinks until they get back slugger!"

After getting a key, Mad and Kit go out back and enter a small door with 'No.6' painted on it. in the room there are several low chairs around a small coffee table, and an LCD window, currently blacked out. once they are inside, mad locks the door, and goes over to a panel on the far wall, under the black glass. after dropping a few coins into a slot, the window turns transparent, to reveal a bored looking stripper with large breasts dancing unenthusiastically around a pole. "aw man, i thought they fired her."

Mad sits down, and gestures for kit to join him in an adjacent seat. "don't worry, the window's mirror glass, she can't see in. so, what's this your'e after, all ray said on the phone is that your'e after info on some old govornment project."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2002 3:09 am 
Native

Val watches the antics and goins on around the bar. Glancing around he sees another stranger in one of the corners. Making a mental note to remind Stig, Val proceeds to hit on the nearest girl. Val only briefly notes Mad and the new kid heading into a back room. He also notices Stig heading towards the Yakuza wannabees in the corner. Shrugging it off, he keeps buying this chick drinks, hoping his already handsome features will look even better once they're both nice and drunk. He looks her up and down, thinking to himself 'Whew, she's mostly legs... and the rest is made up of a pretty face and breasts.'

Feeling partially intoxicated and allured by this female he fails to notice the jock coming up behind him.

"Hey punk! Get your ass away from my woman!"

Val gives the guy the finger without even looking at him and says, "Piss off."

The guy makes his second mistake in grabbing for Val's shoulder and starting to pull him away from the bar. A whiskey bottle conviently placed finds it's way into Val's hand and from there, into the guy's bald head. Inebriated and temporarily hot-tempered, Val doesn't let it slide, he's got some steam to blow off and this steroid junkie fuck is going to get cooked. As Val's palm is about to slam into this shmuck's head a large hand wraps around his wrist.

"Stop now or get tossed Val. I normally don't give a second chance, you know that."

Val easily slides out of the giant's grasp, and takes a moment to let his head cool. "Sorry Stig, didn't mean to cause trouble. Need any help haulin this guy out?"

Stig narrows his eyes at Val and shakes his head as he takes the jock by the collar and hauls him to the door, chuckin' his ass straight out on The Main. Heading back to Val at the bar he says, "Just cool yer heels Val, especially tonight... the Yakuza guys look like they could be trouble."

"Sure thing Stig. Oh... by the way, there's a shady lookin fella in the corner, I didn't spot him coming in and that's highly unusual. Might wanna keep an eye on him."

"Yeah, I saw him a minute ago but lost him just after, thanks for the heads-up though. I'll have Nico run a check on him."

Val turns back to the hottie was talkin to and finds only an empty glass. "Damnit... she split. Now I gotta find another pair of legs as hot as she was..." Val downs the rest of his beer and starts strolling around, scanning for a cute one.

Spotting a REAL hottie heading towards a booth he turns on his charm and sidles toward her. As he approaches he notices Vandal sittin with her. "Damn... taken. Ah well, if I can't get any ass, at least I'll have some good company."

Strolling up to the booth he asks if all seats are taken, and sits down anyway, ordering a round for em all to be friendly. "So Vandal, who's this beautiful creature you seem to be a'drinkin with tonight?"

Vandal replies, "Easy tiger, she's with Mad."

Val musters an innocent look, "I was just wonderin. Nice to meet you..."

"Luci."

Val smiles and continues, "Luci, I'm Valentino. Nice to meetcha."

Vandal suddenly narrows his eyes and stairs Val down, "You on the job Val?"

Val grins and shakes his head, "Nah, all those mob bosses are apparently enemy-free for the moment" then mutters under his breath, "either that or they heard about my last job..."

Vandal replies, "Yeah, tough break, could mean a real drop in business for ya. Why didn't you put a bullet in that guy?"

Val sighs and reaches up to rub his neck. "I dunno man... he was innocent... not like all the rest. He just seemed like a good guy. Not like it matters, they'll just hire someone else. Anyway, that's why I'm gettin shitfaced tonight. Feel like joinin me?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2002 6:01 am 
Addict

OOC: Okay, just gonna go with the name Mart, as he's entirely different then Rand and I wantn to avoid confusion.

IC:

The cheaply gilded door opened and a figure came out. His clothing was extravagant, with bright colours covering his body tightly, and buttons at strategic places. Small pockets on strategic places, easy to reach yet discrete, bulged a little however, betraying the trained observer some small knives. The wearer rarely had to use them. The establishment was pretty safe. But in his job one had to be careful.

He walked in a discrete door somewhere, with a sign proclaiming 'employees only' Within was a room full of clothes, showers, mirrors and all kinds of make up. A woman was sitting in front of the mirror, adjusting her leather clothes and making her face pale, perfecting a dominatrix look.

The young man appeared behind her.

"Hey Liz, dom-job again?"

"Yeah, apparently I've gained a reputation for that. Looking at your clothing and the scar I assume you were the dashing pirate for 'the baroness' again Mart?."

Mart peeled off the fake scar on his cheek. "You guessed it. She's good money, but I really wish someone would tell her to take out her dentures before giving a blow job. Unlike you, I can't fake an orgasm, and with her ideas of fellatio, it's hard enough getting yourself over the brink without having plastic teeth on my dick." He started to undress.

"Heh...let me guess, she sucks?"

"As bad as that pun of yours Liz."

"You know, there are chemicals that can help you, I've heard that John..."

"Yeah well John can do what he want. I have plans with this body of mine, and I'm not gonna risk screwing them over by using some clandestine organization's stuff, if I can get the same thing naturaly. Not to mention it's friggen' expensive, and I'm saving the money." He opened the hot water and got in the shower

"Still hoping to start your own business one day?"

"Hey, freelancing makes good money, and I'm NOT planning to just keep working and getting lower and lower till I'm good enough to take the coats and a cheap num-num-num for a buck."

"Yeah well, think of your old frien ds once you're a big shot eh?"

"Ah Liz, you can come and take coats for me any time, even if you're past your prime"

"Shut up you bitch-boy." Liz said without bitterness.

"I'm sorry mistress, please forgive me." Mart replied mockingly, washing his black curls.

"Oh spare me, I've got 2 hours of that in front of me. Speaking of wich, i should be going. Cya"

"Cya"

Minutes later, Mart got out of the shower. taking an other set of tight clothing, a white T-shirt and blue jeans, he put knives at correct places and left the room.

"Well, better see if there's any new people on the dancefloor, can't have any holes in my agenda can I, clock's ticking and all that."

As he walked down the hallway he saw two men coming the other way. He recognized one of them as Mad, but the other one was new. His face suggested that it was unlikely there was going to be any shedding of clothing anytime soon. Blood on the other hand. He carefully stepped aside, making sure not to be on the side of the hallway the new one was on.

"None of my business anyway" Mart muttered and headed for the dance floor, walking with a trained seductive nonchalance.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rand Al'Tor on 2002-12-02 07:30 ]</font>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2002 10:38 am 
PostWhorePornStar

OOC: For continuities sake this is Actor before his daughter was killed but after his girlfriend(her mother) was killed, also before he got a copy of Hitman 2 and his seeing bird and talking knife.

The street was rife with the darkness that Actor had spent his early life trying to escape, memories of childhood nights, of screams that never seemed to end, not until he took a bullet to the scum just to shut them up, just so he could sleep without their screams waking him, but there was always other screams, other cries in the night, even with no-one you can hear them if you let yourself.
Susan was in the city, he knew that from a friend in ASIO, she was seen at the airport, traveling under an alias as she was wont to do.
Julia Chang, an insult to her mothers last mark, his daughter was playing a more dangerous game than she knew. Palladin was hearing things, Palladin was moving in.
Seeing a bar ahead Actor walked to the bouncer as he was throwing a patron out.

/Actor held up a security photo from the Paris jewlers she had robbed, the only copy left.
A: Have you seen this girl?

/The bouncer looked at Actor, black overcoat to guard from the cold of the night, bearded long hair head, and eyes that looked like they had seen empires fall.
/Looking at the photo he shrugged.

B: Yesterday, she came in at about this time, didn't leave till later that morning.

/Actor looked at the man now in the gutter and then at the bouncer.
A: Very well, if you see her, plaease don't say anything, I need to see her before something happens to her.

/Pocketing the hundred dollar bill actor handed him the bouncer grins.
B: Sure thing man, go right in.

/Actor descended into the cavel, no weapons, no plans, just hope.
/The screams of the streets vanished behind him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2002 1:27 pm 
Tourist

*Mea came to the main looking for moneybut found that harder done then said. she did odd jobs but held her self higher than some slutty sex driven slave. but she had just gotten off work and wanted to get piss drunk.*
*she walks into The Neon Lover and heads to the bar.*
Bartender> what do ya want.
Mea> uhh... i'll take the strongest stuff you got.
*she gets her drink and takes a sip. finding it rather weak but still good she started to drink it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2002 2:26 pm 
Local

Guy watched as his subject was "saved" by one of the smoother characters around the bar. The man had an easy look about him, a person who knew how to court a client; the guy could probably talk blood out of a stone. In any case His subject listened to what the guy said and then they went to the bar. Reading bar tenders lips he guessed they had ordered a private room. Catching the number he memorised it and watched the exit they took.

Guy realised that he would have to careful when he crossed the room. Already he had been "spotted" by a couple. If you could call it that. Many people glanced in his direction as fluke, although with that amazing capacity that the human brain has they just shrugged of his existence. He had noticed that the bouncer had seemed to make him out, although had soon lost track of him. It was impossible to track something insubstantial in this smoky atmosphere with all the shade. Although he had marked out the bouncer as someone to keep an eye on.

Guy also noticed someone whispering to the bouncer and gesturing slightly in his general direction. Guy again used his powers to avoid notice but now two people were wary.

Shifting himself he took on an even thinner consistency, very akin to smoke. Moving to a corner with a few smokers he let himself mingle with the smoke, sliding up to the ceiling. When he reached the ceiling he slipped across just like another cloud of smoke. Reaching the door into the private corridor filled with rooms he went to the room the bartender had handed them the key for. They were now locked inside but walls didn't stop guy. Coalescing back to a reasonably humanoid figure he again lifted a tentacle to touch the wall. Using his supernatural senses he anticipated the room was as seedy as the rest of this place. A dark room it had a small window he guessed, probably for observing strippers. Smiling he decided to take all the precautions necessary, Guy shifted to his most dangerous yet insubstantial state, where he was indistinguishable from air. Passing through the wall he saw the two figures that were residing inside, they had not yet started their conversation that pleased guy. He settled into a corner and brought himself back into a more substantial form. Still it was the exact colour of the shadow. Indistinguishable he awaited the conversation to start.

OOC: Just playing the roll of watcher as i see it. Though i wouldn't mind a little guidance Kitsune, what is my mission?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2002 7:04 pm 
Addict

Vandal sighed and waved to a waitress.

"Don't worry Val, there'll be other jobs."

The waitress came over, winking at both Vandal and Val with only a slight bitch look to Luci.

"What'll ya have boys?" she asked, her voice lowering in an attempt to be sultry. A decent looking woman, but too used up by the Main to be attractive anymore. It was a sad, but common occurence on the Main.

"Two shots of everclear, straight up; two Shatterskulls; a pitcher of beer; and a midori sour for the lady here."

The waitress turned up a thickly painted brow at the order but said nothing else, writing it down and leaving, throwing a parting wink and lick of the lips at Val.

Vandal pulled a smoke from the leather jacket hanging on his chair, offering one to Luci as well, lighting it with a silver lighter he slid from his hip pocket, then lighting his own. He inhaled deeply and looked around. Stig was in the midst of th Yakuza / Steelie argument now, visibly cowing the participants with just his sheer presence. Mad and the boy had vanished into the back, passing one of the place's hired partners in the process. And the monkey was sit... monkey... why the hell was a monkey sitting at a table... drinking.. with a big... gun?!?!?!? strapped to his back. Oh yeah, this could NOT be a good thing.

Vandal sighed and looked back to Luci and Val, making small talk in the meantime, moving a bit closer to Luci than before, thinking to pick her up and keep her safe if something broke out. Which in this place, even with the ever looming Stig for a bouncer, could happen at any time. He flexed and cracked his sore neck once more, beginning to wish he hadn't worn his nice silk shirt that night.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2002 7:04 pm 
Expatriate

*Deuce and Cale stood at one end of the Main, looking it over...*

Deuce: "The Main. You will never find-"
Cale: "None of that, now..."
Deuce: "Right then..."

*The two made their way down the street, edging their way past the scum of metahumanity. Shots rang from inside one of the buildings as they passed, but no one raised an eyebrow. Suddenly, a man flew in front of them, landing in the gutter. The two stopped, and looked up to see a man larger than Deuce standing in the doorway, dusting off his hands. The two exchanged looks, looked up at (and briefly admired) the neon sign above them, then looked back at the bouncer, who was engaged in conversation with another man. Cale thought he saw money change hands, but wasn't sure.*

Deuce: "Shall we?"
Cale: "After you..."

*Deuce and Cale strode into the club, nodding at the bouncer as they passed. Once inside, they made their way over to the bar, Deuce snowplowing his way through, with Cale following along in his wake. Cale hopped up onto one of the stools, and Deuce waved the bartender over.*

Deuce: "I'll take a bottle of beer, anything domestic. The kid'll have a Coke."
Cale: "With rum."
Deuce: *sighs* "with rum..." *to Cale* "But you're not getting drunk this time, right?"
Cale: "Only if you're not."

*He grins. Under his breath, Deuce grumbled something in Orkish that would've offended the mothers of at least half the patrons of the bar, had he said it in English. As the two wait for their drinks, they both carefully scan the crowd.*

Deuce: "Anything?"
Cale: "Of course. None of it involving us, yet, though."
Deuce: "That's what I got too."

*Their checks complete, the two sip at their drinks as they watch the crowd disinterestedly.*

((Since I haven't RPed in a while, I guess I'll post a description. Deuce is an Ork of indeterminate age (maybe 30 or so, or its Orkish equivalent). Slightly greyish-green skin, short black hair, grey eyes, jutting lower jaw, he won't win any beauty contests any time soon. That said, he won't exactly break mirrors or turn stomachs by looking at them. He's a big guy, 6' 6" feet tall easily, 230-235 pounds, most of it muscle. He's got on a black trenchcoat over urban camo fatigue pants, black combat boots, and a grey t-shirt. He doesn't have any weaponry visible, but he might have a bazooka under the coat for all the untrained eye could tell. Also, three metal lumps seem to be set into the back of his right hand, between and behind his knuckles.
Cale is a kid around 13 or 14 years old. Longish brown hair, light brown eyes, and a complexion that implies most of its tanning is from a computer monitor. That said, he seems to be in decent shape, not built like Deuce, but usual for a kid who stays active. He wears a well-worn grey flight suit, with no insignia. The zipper is open to just above his waist, revealing a white t-shirt underneath. Like Deuce, he isn't carrying any visible weaponry, but there are a lot of baggy pockets on the flight suit, and the way he wears the flight suit suggests he might have something in a shoulder holster under it.))

[Edit]Spelling[/Edit]

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Deuce on 2002-12-02 18:34 ]</font>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2002 7:48 pm 
Addict

OOC: Yike, this got way farther out than intended. Oh well. I'll roll with it. /OOC

Kitsune leaned on the table, his eyes lighting up rapidly. "Have you ever heard of a defense project called Hyperspace?"

"Maybe," Mad said smoothly.

"I need to know what you know."

"Heh. Easier said than done. What have you got to pay me?"

Kitsune licked his lips, dry from anbticipation. "What do you need?"

"How much information do you want?"

"All of it."

"3 mil. Give or take a few thousand, of course."

Kitsune stared. "What?! That's extortion!"

"Okay, two."

"900 thousand."

"1.5 mil."

"900K."

"1 mil. Final offer . . ."

"Fine." Kitsune held his hand flat on the table, and spread it out like a card dealer. Crisp, clean 100 dollar bills, laid out in a fan shape, and he kept laying them down till he reached the right amount--give or take a 100 or two.

"Impressive. You take magic courses?"

"No," Kit said, flipping his hand to the side and revealing a glint of tempered steel that extended FAR beyond his arm's reach. Mad felt a gust of air by his throat, and inhaled in surprise. "I play a more dangerous game, whoever you are. You might end up playing it too, if you aren't already. You have the money. Tell me the information and you get your life."

Mad put his hands up good-naturedly. "No need to get angry. I'll tell you what I know."

"Good."

-----

Elsewhere in the Neon Lover, Nicodemus Printz found himself stymied for the first time in his life.

"One fucking reference, in three supposedly related files, and the rest of the government's database--empty?!" He hmphed. His fingers flew across the keyboard. "There has to be SOMETHING on it. It can't just not BE there."

"Oh, yes it can . . ." came a low, guttural voice from behind him. Nico stiffened. That was no natural voice . . . he had nightmares sometimes, and he also remembered his terrors when he first heard his brother's ghost stories, and the haunted feeling he'd get when he tried to sleep by the campfire afterwards . . . there was a little bit of that in this voice, plus something cold, like hard tempered steel.

"It can no longer be listed in the government's files. It can be nonexistent in the electronic existence of computers. As far as the United States Government is concerned, Project Hyperspace officially never existed after the year 1993. You will find no files on it anywhere, save his, hers, and MINE."

Nico gulped, his mind racing. "Kitsune I'd assume is the him, this Gadget character is marked female, and you must be--"

Nico yelped as he felt cold damascus steel wipe against his throat. He looked down, and noted--in the kind of horrified fascination you get when sure you're going to die--that there were three full-length blades simultaneously pressing against his throat and yet not.

"I am the Beast who stands at the End of the World and waits for humanity to come and be judged," the voice hissed.

"Whuh-what do you want from me?"

"Tell this--Stigmund--that no matter what happens tonight, Kitsune must not be harmed until he leaves the club."

"Sh-shouldn't be too hard to do that," Nico said tremulously.

"Good." The voice vanished, and suddenly the blades were gone, and Nico knew he was alone once more. He didn't know what the hell that was all about . . . However, he called his uncle up immediately and filled him in.

----

Up in the club area of the Neon Lover, a young, twentyish or so boy began to move about among the natives, standing out because of his outfit instantly . . .

Three white streaks ran through his hair like a skunk, but anyone who saw him wouldn't laugh at it. He wore simple black slacks and shoes, and a white collared shirt tucked neatly into the beltless slacks. Over top of this he wore a Mao-style jacket, deep black with two gold straps to tie the two sides together. The jacket was unbuttoned.

This seemed simple enough. But then, you missed the two triple-bladed swords he had strapped to his back. And they were obviously not for show; the boy carried himself like he could use them. He also seemed quite unconcerned with anyone else's opinion of his dress.

Stig, of course, immediately took offense to him, and said so.

"You better haul out of here, buster," he growled. "People here don't like the kinda signals you're makin'."

"I don't care what 'signals' they think I'm making," the boy replied, in clipped, proper tones. However, something underscored the voice, that Stig found vaguely familiar and chilling at the same time . . . "I am here to make sure certain things take place, and I could care less if people find that a problem."

"Now, listen here, boy. You can't just walk in here and expect to get away with this."

"Yet I do, <b>youngster</b>, because there is not one person here who can take me."

"Why don't we test that."

<font color=darkred size=8><i><b>"Why don't we NOT?"</b></i></font> the boy said suddenly, and Stig found himself very afraid. Nico began yelling in his ear rapidly.

"Motherofgodhe'stheonehe'stheBeasthe'sthe . . ."

"Silence," Beast said, and Nico shut up, muttering something that sounded distinctly like a prayer.

"Now, Stigmund, you have what nico told you to do, and now I have something to tell you. <font color=darkred><b>Avoid me.</b></font> Unless you wish to lose your life in a very unpleasant manner."

Stigmund nodded. He almost took his head off.

Most of the club, however, completely missed this exchange, it actually having been done completely below the normal hearing level of the club. Astonishingly, the participants in the conversation could hear themselves as clearly as if they were shouting.

Beast turned and melted into the crowd. As well as he could, anyway.

OOC: And so sorry for having now three characters running around. Nico can be messed with by anyone. He's just a kid who's a hacker/decker/computer cracker. Beast is a mystery, even to me sometimes. So I'd like to keep him under wraps.

The conversation between Kit and Mad needs to be gone over between him and myself, so don't mess with that. Mad, PM me with what you think the convo will consist of (like you did with Stig) and I'll fill you in on what should and should not be said at this point.

Sorry for the long post everybody, just moving things along. Despite our lack of a real coherent plot, I like non-plotted stuff to still have a story to it somewhere, even if it's a little unplanned ^^;; /OOC