ZOMBIE FORUMS

It's a stinking, shambling corpse grotesquely parodying life.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:35 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2002 12:06 am 
Addict

OOC: If bullets travelled faster than sound, they would produce a sonic boom, which they don't. TMT is flying in the air, and probably wasn't the first target, in which case he may have had the shield already in place, after the first shot's were fired. /OOC

*A still-slightly-stoned (hee hee! funny!) UWC is roused by the sound of gunshots. Raising his head, he notices bullets flying around him. He stands (leaning at a pronounced angle) bullets smack into a less-than-solid shield of air. Truth be told, the bullets smack into it like jelly, and hang in the air.

What the f**k is going on here?

Onion: That's because you're a shifty motherfucker.

UWC: <.<

>.>

<.<

Onion: Fucking precisely you dirty thieving gypsy fuck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2002 2:42 pm 
Addict

Quote:
On 2002-05-10 00:06, Urban Wild Cat wrote:
OOC: If bullets travelled faster than sound, they would produce a sonic boom, which they don't.

OOC. Some sniper rifles fire bullets faster than the speed of sound which is why they dont bother with silencers. However most guns dont fire bullets fast enoungh to produce a sonic boom especially not machine guns as they fire too quickly to put enough force into the bullet /OOC.

*Dodges the bullets flying toward me and those that are aimed directly at me are deflected by my sword*

"You'll have to try harder than that to take down someone on this thread"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2002 4:38 pm 
Addict

OOC: Wow, those are some good reflexes /OOC

Yossi ejects the spent magazine from his MP5, quickly replacing it with a new one.

"Well...shit. That didn't go exactly as planned. Well, first thing's first..."

He fires a couple bursts, then takes out a small glob of what looks like red fungus, in a roughly tube-shape.

"Hope this worked for me the same as the fungus thing..."

He waves it experimentally for a second, aimes at some random superman, and fires. A huge gout of electricity shoots out. The recoil is a bit more than he thought (designed, as it is, for a nonsolid being), and he ends up making an arc all the was from Poisoned Mind up to the platform. Yossi is also knocked flat on his ass.

"Well...that didn't go too well..."

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: The Man In Black on 2002-05-10 16:58 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: The Man In Black on 2002-05-10 18:04 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: The Man In Black on 2002-05-11 19:51 ]</font>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2002 7:09 pm 
Addict

*The platform above Chris is hit by the bolt of lightning and the arms hanging on to the platform let go due to mechanical failure*

Oh... Shit...

*The platform falls, hits Chris and his platform, stops for a second and then falls the rest of the way after the anti=grav on the small platform gives out*

*Blood splatters out from underneath the large platform*

Pancake,
The Sinister Chris

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2002 7:26 pm 
Addict

(OOC)

Silencers muffle the report of a gun by dampening the pressure waves caused by (a) the bullet leaving the barrel, and (b) the gas expansion that happens immediately after that. This gets rid of most of the noise from the shot.

However, most ammunition (not sure on specifics) travels faster than the speed of sound, so it trails a tiny little (but still definitely audible) sonic boom as it does so. For maximum sound suppression, silenced guns have to use subsonic ammo.

Some sniper rifles do use suppression; I've seen pictures of a silenced Accuracy International AWP, for example. They're not very common, though.

P-M

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2002 8:22 pm 
Addict

OOC: W00T W00T! SCORE ONE FOR THE NORMAL GUYS!!!!

Oh, and UWC: Do not doubt my Gun-fu skillz. Thanks for the backup pyro.

/OOC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2002 3:29 am 
Addict

OOC: :razz: /OOC

SNARL!!

*UWC stalks towards the figure lying prostate on the ground after the lightning attack*

Urban Wild Cat
Not a Happy Kat...

>.>

<.<

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2002 2:30 pm 
Addict

/Yossi gets to a crouching position just in time to see UWC stalking twords him. The fungus thing has crumbled to a reddish powder at his feet

"Ad kahn, tamir!* Die!"

/Lets loose with his MP5 while rolling back to give himself some space, only 8 rounds let loose, as the rest of the time his gun was pointed up in the air as he rolled backwards.

OOC: *For those who don't read pheonetic hebraic, that means "Enough, demon!" Though I'm sure I screwed up the grammar somewhere.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: The Man In Black on 2002-05-11 19:49 ]</font>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2002 4:39 pm 
Addict

Pulling out his giant mace, TMT concentrates, and it changes into a very large javelin

TMT throws the javelin at one of the MiB's, strikeing it in the leg, while keeping up his Teek sheild

Detonate

THe MiB's leg disintegrate's, with leg shrapnel flying all over the place

THis will be fun

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2002 5:00 pm 
Addict

OOC: Not to nit pick, but this guy just stoof there, saying "hey, I have a fully automatic weapon, but I'm just gonna watch this guy run at me"?

And he's not an MiB, he's dressed more like SWAT, and hes wetworks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2002 6:24 pm 
Addict

OOC: I think that's what the TEEK Shield was for. /OOC

*Machine gun fire spatters against the air in front of UWC. Due to it's less-than-dense composition, one shell manages to slide through, nicking his shoulder. This has the effect of focusing his mind nicely. The shield turns completely solid, and bullets start ricocheting off the air in front of UWC.*

That's enough of that...

*Glaring one of the Gun-wielding Hebrews firing on him, UWC unleashes a creative bolt, which melts the gun in the SWAT's hands. The magazine catches fire, and the remaining ammo blows his hands off, and riddles him with bullets.*

What the hell is your problem?

>.>

<.<

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2002 7:28 pm 
Addict

/Yossi dives to the ground as a comrad who was coming to his rescue gets his hand blown off.

"Shit! You bastard!" A small pause "MY problem? You fucking tamir, your the one thats endangering people with your 'powers'!"

/Backing up a bit more, giving himself some space, Yossi takes out a throwing knife, ingraved with Hebraic writing, and blessed by an old Rabbi

"Hope this is for more than good luck!"

/Lets it fly at UWC, and speaks into his comm unit

"We got a man down! Machinegun teams 1 & 2, lay down some supression while I get this guy out of here! He's loosing a lot of blood, and needs immediate attention!"*

/Responses come out in Hebrew, and Yossi drags his bleeding comrad back, twords the tall grass

*Said in Hebraic. If your guy doesn't know hebraic or can otherwise understand any language, you don't understand this

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: The Man In Black on 2002-05-11 19:35 ]</font>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2002 10:11 pm 
Addict

*Unfortunately for Yossi, the shield is a psychic phenomena, and the knife bounces off the same as the bullets did. Reaching the prostrate team leader, he hauls Yossi into the air with his PK, eyes blazing with an unholy green fire.*

"You arrogant jerk! You dare judge me? I am a soldier for good! A force of righteousness to balance the powers of evil which surround us!"

Yossi's team is desperately firing on their leader's assailant, but their fire is deflected by the shield still surrounding him. Some of the bullets ricochet dangerously close to Yossi, so UWC expands the shield to include him as well.

"Look at your pathtic weapons, you can't even begin to predict who your stray shots will hit. My power is directed by the mind alone, I can aim them more accuately than you can aim your piss! If anyone is endangered, it is because I wish them to be, because they are EVIL."

*Disgusted, UWC casts Yossi to the ground and turns his back, surveying the battlefield.*

>.>

<.<

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2002 10:52 am 
Addict

/Yossi waves his men off, ready to charge in at UWC

"Well, this is certainly odd." (In Hewbrew, into his comm unit) "Back off of this guy...we'll...talk...later. Aim at someone else."

/Yossi picks up his knife

"So much for this..." He thinks a moment "Hey, tamir! If your so interested in good, disable one of these guys' shileds so we can pump his ass full of lead!"

/drags his comrad back to the grass and begins to administer morphine, putting gauze on the wound, etc, all the way wondering about this new revelation. Tamirs on the side of good? They were all evil, wern't they?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2002 12:25 pm 
Native

/Spy is in a fighting stance ready to take out the n00b when suddenly bullets tear through the n00b and nock Spy into the wall closes to him

Fuck, i was going to kill that little prick, who did that

/Spy looks toward where the shots were fired and sees a whole group of people with guns

I'll have to remedy that

/Spy looks around and sees that nobody is looking so he jumps into a pile of dead bodies, he then covers himself up and pulls out a sniper rifle

Now lets see if i can remember what chris tought me

*In Spy's Head*
Chris: You have to pull off the safety first you idiot, then aim at something, not me, now pull the trigger and hope you dont miss
*Out of Spy's Head*

That sounds good to me

/Spy takes aim at a group of the soldiers and waits for the right moment, then *Blam*
the bullet tears through three guys injuring all sending them to the ground

This is fun, chris would be proud

/Spy looks again through his sight and sees UWC fighting with someone, he throws him to the ground and turns his back to the guy, the guy thenstarts to work on healing someone

Well if he is going to mess with UWC he cant be good

/Spy takes aim and fires a round hitting the Man in Blacks knee sending his kneecap flying away from him

Damn, to low

/Suddenly Spy is sent flying by an explosion sent by a rocket lancher one off the man in blacks soldiers was holidng

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2002 12:44 pm 
Addict

OOC: Yossi is my name. Use it. /OOC

"AHHHHHHHHH! MY FUCKING KNEE!"

/Yossi collapses, trying to stanch the flow of blood and screams into his comm unit

"OVER THERE! WE'VE GOT A SNIPER! MOVE IN AND TAKE HIS ASS OUT!"

/takes out a grenade and tosses it in the general direction of the sniper

OOC: I didn't know we had rocket launchers, but OK. /OOC

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: The Man In Black on 2002-05-12 12:48 ]</font>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2002 8:25 pm 
Addict

OOC: HEY!! You realise I was still maintaining the shield around BOTH Yossi and I? That was the whole point of the "release and turn back" bit. To see if he'd take advantage of it to stab me in the back. I'll work with it, but pay attention, kay? /OOC

*A shot reminds UWC to maintain his shield. Spinning around he realises his momentary lapse has cost the Hebrew a kneecap. "Damn, now I'm responsible for him." He kneels beside the injured Jew*

"Hold still, this won't take a moment."

*Utilising a Redactive probe, UWC blocks off the pain from the shattered knee. Rebuilding it is a little more complicated, but takes no more than a minute.*

"There. Now, which shield would you like me to break first?"

>.>

<.<

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2002 6:36 am 
Addict

OOC: Wouldn't have stabbed you in the back anyway. Yossi is a murderer, but he tries to keep it for the higher good, and you're not looking like a threat right now.

Oh, and even I didn't know the sheild as around me! Mabey you should make it more clear next time. =P /OOC

"...thanks. Your call on the sheild, I'll just direct my men twords him."

/Yossi flexes his knee...its still a bit sore, but he'll be running in no time

"Impressive there." He chambers a round on his MP5, newly loaded with a clip, "Alright, lets go."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2002 5:45 pm 
Addict

OOC:

Quote:
On 2002-05-11 22:11, Urban Wild Cat wrote:
Yossi's team is desperately firing on their leader's assailant, but their fire is deflected by the shield still surrounding him. Some of the bullets ricochet dangerously close to Yossi, so UWC expands the shield to include him as well.

That said, who on the side of evil is using a shield? Can anyone help me out? I've lost track.

/OOC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2002 7:18 pm 
Native

ooc: Sorry my bad, didnt see that part, well back to the fight ooc

/Spy dusts himself off and looks toward Yossi and sees something round come towards him, out of reflex he shoots the object and is sent flying back into a wall

Oooh, note to self, dont shoot hand grenades, these evil fucks are going to die

/Spy pulls out his stealth suite and changes into it, in an instant he is invisible

Okay this thing can only last a short amount of time so i better take advantage of it

/Spy pulls out a CD case and starts running towards Yossi's ground troops, once he is a few yards away the suit fails and the troops see him, they take aim, and fire.

Shitttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt

/Spy jumps behind a dead body and uses it as a sheild, he wates and hears a click

Just what i was waiting for, they are reloading

/Spy starts running towards the troops and starts throwing his CD's, they fly through the air and take down five of the troops, Spy misses one and that mistake costs him, the troop still standing shoots and hits Spy in the shoulder, Spy falls to the ground and the troop walks over and stands above him gun leved at Spy's head

Uhh, i guesse you letting me go is out of the question

*troop shakes head no*

I thought so
Spy

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next