ZOMBIE FORUMS

It's a stinking, shambling corpse grotesquely parodying life.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:18 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2002 1:33 am 
Tourist

I don't know exactly how story threads are started here, but I figure I'll give it a shot regardless, seeing as my natural talent as a writer. :wink: No modesty at all.

The premise is this: Two main characters are stranded on a large island, and they both suffer from amnesia. This island is completely an unknown, and they're both unaware of what is held in store for them on this island.
The only thing that drives them to traverse this island is that something of considerable power and knowledge is on there, and they both feel that this thing will be able to get them off the island and back to where they really belong.
This is very open-ended for a purpose - to truly involve anyone in any way they please. There's no restrictions, except those based on reason - it has to be quite reasonable and quite sensible.
But I suspect you guys and gals already knew that. Well, have fun, I'll be back to check on any suggestions or starts tomorrow!

When one rose dies, another blooms<br>
To take its place<br>
Balance is the only way.<br>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2002 2:27 pm 
Local

Location: Being held upside down over the edge of a bridge somewhere. Oh the suspense!
What kind of "genre" would you put this in?

Past (pirates with muskets and stuff)
Modern (standard weapons)
Future (funky shit like energy weapons)
Fantasy
Sci Fi

or other?

Guybrush: Even BEFORE they smell your breath?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2002 11:29 pm 
Tourist

Quote:
On 2002-12-29 13:27, Guybrush Threepwood wrote:
What kind of "genre" would you put this in?

Past (pirates with muskets and stuff)
Modern (standard weapons)
Future (funky shit like energy weapons)
Fantasy
Sci Fi

or other?

This will probably fall under fantasy, but it can really broaden itself anywhere. I left it very open to suggestion for one reason - because I think it's the only way to truly be creative - without restrictions.

Put plainly, I'm looking at a hybrid.

To take its place<br>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2002 6:29 am 
Native

Well, if you can make room for some futuristic/Sci-Fi stuff, I'm in. Welcome to the boards Life-in-Review. You seem to be a decent poster, and not a troll, so here is a new left nut to replace the one Bishou took from you. Just make sure you don't drop off the face of the earth like so many others have.

Since you are the one starting this thread, you go first.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2002 11:48 am 
Local

Location: Being held upside down over the edge of a bridge somewhere. Oh the suspense!
Funny i think that rules can help you be creative. If you have no restrictions then your RPs can just become absurd with godlike characters walking around destroying cities and you can end up with a whole bunch of plot holes. But anywho like goldstandard says, you can start this off and then we'll insinuate ourselves into the story.

Guybrush: Even BEFORE they smell your breath?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2002 10:58 pm 
Tourist

Quote:
If you have no restrictions then your RPs can just become absurd with godlike characters walking around destroying cities and you can end up with a whole bunch of plot holes.

funny you should mention this; this is what was responsible for the collapse of chat RP. Ayanee tried desperately to save it, but instead made things worse. personally i think that if the people involved are reasonable and have a good grip on reality, it should stand well.
by the way, yes - sci-fi would actually play well into it, but do me a favor and contact me through msn or aim or something. i'll let you know how such factors can fit in, with a couple ideas, and i'll tell you. you could be the brooding/mysterious/knows-everything character. hehe... there's always one of those in a good story about people with amnesia XD
anyway, to start things off, i will play as one of the two main characters; a late-teenaged boy, or so it appears, dressed in casual clothes for a boy his age, tattered and worn from being seastruck for days. he has no identification on him. all he has available to him is a gun. a desert eagle, .22 caliber [i believe that's the caliber of a desert eagle.]

All I remember, when I came to, was nearly drowning in a storm... a really bad storm... the waves, tossing me back and forth... I had become sick quite a few times, and would probably explain my upset and quite empty stomach now.
I can't even remember who I am. I must've hit a rock or something when I came upon shore. I stand up, and to the left and right of me, I see nothing but a shoreline that extends as far as the eye can see, and about three hundred feet in front of me, a forest that seems to extend just about as long as the shoreline, yet it seems like it thins out quite a long ways to the left, and holds host to a very large cliff, that, on this very dark and cloudy day, extends out of sight.
I shake my head, and a sudden chill covers me. It seems as if I have been laying in the water for some while and the temperature of the water has gotten to me, making me extremely chilled from adjusting to the appearant tropical temperate surrounding me.
As I walk around, sudden images flash before my mind, but they're gone before I can make any sense of them. It's then I realize that I have a pistol sitting in the waistline of my pants... and I wonder why I have it. There's something I should know... and it could be dangerous. So, with that in mind, I make sure the pistol's armed [by checking the joints to make sure the water hasn't damaged them, and checking to see if it's loaded], keep it on hand, and venture into the forest, to see if I'm stranded alone on this land... this brave new world.

[the following post has been brought to you by the song <i>Cruel Angel Thesis</i> from Neon Genesis Evangelion. thank you. and good day. oh, yes, and i forgot to mention - thanks for my nut back XD]

To take its place<br>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2003 5:02 pm 
Tourist

OOC: *watches this RP fall to the wayside.* Yay, nice to know everyone was so interested. Bah, I'll try and plug it first before I attempt it. ^_^ Later!

To take its place<br>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2003 11:23 pm 
Native

well hey, i'll be apart of this, i was just unaware of its presence, it might take me a lil while to get a character in mind for this though. but yeah, if your still wanting to go on with this RP count me in. so just tell me if i can have a character in this

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shao-Fin on 2003-01-03 09:18 ]</font>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2003 1:11 pm 
Native

As life begins walking towards the forest a bright glare cathes his eyes, off to his right, farther down the coast. As he begins to look closer at the glare moves, and a man stands up. he appears dazed, and is shaking sand off his wet clothes. He is wearing a high collored black button-up shirt over a dark green tank top. He is also wearing loose fitting jeans. He takes a moment and reaches into his pocket and pulls out what looks like a shoe lace and ties it around his head to pull the long dark brown hair away from his eyes.

Shao then while still looking down, sees a sheath on the sand next to the peice of wood he floated to shore on. the sheath appears to have a sword in it. Shao picks it up and examines the cover and shoulder strap. something about this seems odly familiar to him. Shao pulls the sword out a little just to look at the blade, then promptly slides it back in and puts the shoulder strap on diagnally across his chest now wearing the sword. He then looks up at his surroundings and realizes that he has no idea where he is, or how he got there. Looking around he notices the other man, to his left. Shao slowly puts his hand to handle of the sword, and crouches a bit, so he will be ready if he suddenly has to fight, or run. Shao cautiously holds up his other hand in a friendly manner, and yells to this stranger.

/HELLO..YOU WOULDNT HAPPEN TO KNOW WHERE WE ARE. WOULD YOU?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shao-Fin on 2003-01-03 12:13 ]</font>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2003 1:13 pm 
Native

*OOC i hope you dont, mind, i went ahead and took the liberty of taking the other main character.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2003 2:46 pm 
Native

OCCthis could be intresting we jus need a setting like island, lost contenent, alternent dimension, you know the basics who, what, where/when.OCC
A figure watches from the forest, unseen by the two men. he is whearing a green cloke and the hood is up hideing his face.

I'll draw it on my wrist.
And with this pretty picture,
A fountain will appear.
And with this flowing fountain,
All problems disappear!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2003 2:55 am 
Tourist

OOC: Yeah, I don't mind in the slightest. The main characters and some special characters are the only ones I really have control over and in mind. All the others can be created and inserted at will - the thing is, though, it'd have to go over with me, to see how it'd fit in the current plot, and what is the plans. I have big expectations.
Just one thing, though, guys[going out to the entire board]? Unless you want dibs on one of the big characters, like Shoa-Fin had the liberty of doing just this once ^_~, I'd like to inform you on just what I have in mind.

[IC]

His head whips around at the sound of a possible villager, his hand well-gripped on the Desert Eagle... and spins around, seeing the man waving his arm in the air, though crouched. He narrows his eyes, keeping a focus on the other man, but staying aware of his surroundings, and waves back with the hand not holding the gun, while keeping his gun hand at the ready, if the situation arises that he needs to use it, but it doesn't seem likely... this boy is dressed much like he is. He yells back...

/HEY THERE!

He motions to the other man to come over his way. He holsters the gun, assuming this man to be a friendly person, but somehow senses that there's someone else out there... A whole bunch of them... There's something about this island... or whatever it is.

The images flash again, and he kneels on the sand, clutching his head in both hands, wincing from what seems like pain...

To take its place<br>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2003 3:07 am 
Native

*Shao releases his grip of the sword thinking this man to be friendly enough. He begins to stride across the sand walking towards him. Shao sees the man suddenly fall to his knees, a sense of urgency rushes through him and he runs toward the downed man. As Shao reaches the him, he begins to come out of whatever had just happened. Shao stands next to the looking down at him and then around looking for something that could have possibly caused this. His focus is then aimed back at the stunned stranger.*

/Hey man, are you all right? what just happened there? you got like a bad headache or something? cuz i got a descent one myself. It feels like its cloggin my memory. i cant remember but 2 things right now, jack and shit, and jack just left town. but anyway, i dont think what i got is nearly as bad as yours.

OOC-hey yeah, sorry bout that takin the liberty thing, but you know, i was gettin impatient, hehe. wont happen again. most likely cuz you wont start another RP for awhile, if this one goes well.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shao-Fin on 2003-01-04 02:09 ]</font>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2003 11:49 pm 
Tourist

Still on his knees, he looked up at the other man who had approached him.

/Ah... don't worry about it. I'm alright... There's not much I can remember, either... I... am not sure what's going on, here... but it doesn't feel good.

He stands, still feeling the presence of many in the immediate area, and begins walking towards the jungle again, feeling a pull...

/Come on... I think that the answer to our questions in here... Let's go.

He unholstered his gun again, and looked back to the other man... and forgot to introduce himself..

/By the way... my name is --

And again, his mind flashed images before his eyes again, his eyes tightening shut in pain, stopping in his tracks...

/Nevermind... let's go.

To take its place<br>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2003 1:24 am 
Native

*now almost aquainted with this man and seeing no other place to go he decides it best to go along with him into the jungle. Maybe he is right, maybe the answers to all the lost memories could be found somewhere in there. And if not, its still worth it to try and find out. a slight rustle of leaves, and the sound of some breathing hints to the fact that there is someone watching them. possibly some restless natives disturbed at the fact that these 2 odly dressed strangers are about go walking through there homeland. He then thinks that as of now, watching seems harmless and will just set that aside and worry about it when there is confrontation. He then begins to follow about 2 steps behind the man as they walk towards the mainland*

/Ah, cant remember your name huh? well maybe we can just come with a temporary solution until you remember what it is.

*He cant help but notice the large gun the man is carrying.*

/How bout i just call ya desert eagle? seeing as how that seems to be your most outstanding feature. but ya know, that draws another question to mind. Why is it that we both have weapons, and why is it that i get stuck with the sword and you get a gun? i'd say if we get in some trouble you'll be better off than me. that is unless you run out of bullets. Perhaps we knew eachother beforehand and even fought together. Or we could have been enemies, and after a huge fight we ended up here. hmm, well u dont seem to be such a bad guy so far but i have only known you for what? 20 seconds? so there is much to be found out. yeah, and you can call me whatever u want. i can almost remember my name though, its right on the tip of my tongue.

*Now feeling a little out of breath after saying all of that he feels it would probably be a good idea to draw his sword as they now reach the edge of the jungle.His sword is around 3 feet long with a rather thick blade. it a stright blade with a black hilt and green rope is rapped around the handle. The blade is very shiny with a hint of blue in it. There is something carved into the side of the blade that he is unaware of and is not noticable at first glance. The feeling of being watched arises again and he is now being a little more alert of his surroundings.*

/Here. you better let me go in front so i can slash back the vines and whatnot to clear a path.

*he steps in front of the man with his sword held up, and begins to go to work on the foliage while walking forward.*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2003 2:03 am 
Tourist

He shakes his head, and looks at his gun, as he slowly follows behind the man.

/Eagle, hm? Sounds like a plan. I wouldn't know where to start on what to call you, though... though about now, chatty seems like a good choice...

He snickers lightly as he keeps his eyes peeled, also noticing that the other man feels the presence of others, as well. And double checks his clip by removing it and looking down the chamber and inside the clip, and notices something strange... there were markings on each bullet, each bullet marked differently, and they're shaped more like rifle bullets. He blinks.

/What the hell?

There was one in the chamber, still, suggesting that it had been loaded before use, and fourteen bullets in the clip.

/These bullets aren't...

The images came back to him, again, and he suddenly straightens up, and stops.

/Wait. The gun... it's not... normal...

He relocates the clip, and aims it in the forest, fires off a bullet, and then removes the clip again, and still sees the one bullet in the chamber and fourteen in the clip.

/Strange...

To take its place<br>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2003 5:21 am 
Native

*While hacking at the dense jungle he laughs at Eagle's chatty remark while also feeling a little embarresed. Things seemed to have calmed down a little bit until the loud bang rings out just behind him. He jumps at the noise and turns around to see Eagle messing with the gun after just lowering it from the shot. Thinking that the shot must have been shot with an intintional target he ducks and holds up his sword.*

/whoa hey! whats up? you see something? we bein attacked?

*now on his toes and ready he is looking around for someone or something attacking. Then he notices that Eagle is still focusing on the gun and looking at the clip. he realizes that was just a practice round. He stands up straight and calms down a little bit more turning back to his duties of jungle slashing*

/how bout you warn me next time before ya go wastin bullets into the jungle. besides, i dont know if that was such a wise move, i dont feel like alerting the whole island to our presence as of yet.

*he then mumbles something under his breath about people already knowin where they are*

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shao-Fin on 2003-01-05 04:23 ]</font>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2003 2:08 am 
Addict

Location: the edge of the world and all of western civilization
OOC: Okay...Hope you all don't mind my joinin' in...If I conflict with anything either of you are planing PM me, and it's as good as gone...^^/OOC

Shinigami could feel a tingle of excitement run up his spine...He knew he would be here...He had to be...Shinigami's heart began to speed up as he noticed the foot prints imbeded in the sand...A hundred thoughts raced through his head...
Shin didn't even care about how much he would be paid for this hit...He'd probably go back and kill the jerk who hired him after he was done anyway...None of this mattered...One thing, and one thing only was on his mind...Revenge. Shin would make him pay for the suffering he had caused...
"No matter what!" were the words Shinigami exclaimed as he loaded his .45 caliber pistol...
Not a word more...He just cocked his usual empty half-smile, and walked into the jungle silently...

OOC: You may have noticed that I didn't state who I'm after yet...Oh the suspense^^ Actually, I don't really know...Any valunteers? :grin: /OCC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2003 12:01 am 
Tourist

OOC: I'm not sure about volunteers, but it would be exciting to have someone on our heels. I'll think on it, if it would be smart or not to have a hitman on our toes... but it could make for some compromising situations, so I'll think of something. For now, go with the flow. It'll work.

((IC))

Eagle peers up and smirks at the bladed one, and smirks.

/I have to apologize. Seeing as your weapon will work without fail, mine may not. And... This thing may come in more handy than I had originally thought.

He cocks the gun, and holds it up and shoulder height, slacking his arm a little so there's no tension. He surverys the surroundings, keeping the gun in front of his eyes at all times, following the man he referred to from then on as Blade. He twitches a little, and brings his voice down to just above a whisper...

/I think you've noticed, too... but there's something here... watching us... I'm not sure what it is... but there's something... be on your awares.

To take its place<br>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2003 5:28 am 
Native

OOC: alright, even though you didnt actually say you were gonna call my character blade, you did mention it, and im just gonna go ahead and say that you might have mentioned it.

*Blade now feeling a little more comfortable with a name, smiles at the sound of it. He then sees a clearing coming up ahead of them, with this newfound target he picks up his pace in the slashing. He thinks to himself it would be best to reach it before it gets too dark. Blade lookes up through the trees trying to tell the time of day but gets a little distracted by the sight of these large trees and feeling an extremeley new environment, as if he has almost never in his life been around such an environment, but was still meant to be there. He snaps out of it and continues onward Through the brush. In response to Eagle's comment about someone else being around he answers while still making the trail*

/Yeah, i have noticed. And i think it would be best if we could make to this opening, we would be a little less conspicuous there. It could even be a place to stay for the night.