ZOMBIE FORUMS

It's a stinking, shambling corpse grotesquely parodying life.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:31 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2002 11:40 pm 
Tourist

A thing of shadow, with spike-tipped tentacles coming out in pairs at four spots along his back, hellish red eyes and no nose walked into the room, and stumbled. Sorgoth saw his clawed fingers dissapear and be replaced by a charred skeletal hand, then, a moment later, to be replaced by the flowing, tar blackness that was his skin. He had almost escaped life. Almost. But once again, he had failed. He shivered, and breathed out mist. He himself was affected by the cold he radiated. He had been reading a book, lately. For the past 50 years or so. The thing is, the book always seemed to contain more things to read...it was all he thought about, exept for death. It suffused his mind, warped his thoughts, changed his outlook on what little world he had.

He soundlessly walked on three toed feet to the pedestal where he placed the book. He opened it, and was thrilled that there was something new in it. Today it read: Life...such a foolish thing. Is it not? Sorgoth nodded his head in agreement. It truly is a pain. Don't you want to save others from this pain that is life? Sorgoth nodded again. Ink appeared on the page, writing new things in front of his eyes. It had never done this before. He smiled, revealing razor sharp teeth. Good. Today is the day you've been preparing for, Sorgoth. Today you leave Home. Today you help cleanse the world of the dirty thing that is Life. You must kill her minions, Sorgoth. You must save us all from her false saviorhood. Even they are ignorant of her power. We must free them from her. Do you remember the door? Go to it. You can open it now. Sorgoth, in apparent glee, ran to the old wooden door and flung it open.

Outside was a maelstorm of whirling energies, something no sane person should see. Sorgoth had lost sanity long ago. Before going, he took the book with him, and jumped into the whirling cosmos. He had also lost fear.

He landed roughly on the hard dirt road, causing him to grunt. Sleepily, he opened his eyes and screeched. The light! It was blinding! It was evil, this light in the sky. It would have to go if he was to live here. He had read about this in the Book. Tears of pain froze on his face, then were lost in his shifting skin. With unsteady steps and clutching the Book to his chest, he proceeded to find the nearest family of farmers and slay them. The book comforted him as he did it. It rewarded him for good behavior, he realised. He would have to work hard.

OOC:This is set in magical times, so try to refrain from the guns and attack helicopters and stuff like that. Its set on an earth-like planet named Eos, which supports a large variety of life and does not have seasons (its straight up). So...RP away! (Magic is fairly common here)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 8:58 am 
Expatriate

wat you doin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 7:31 pm 
Native

... :x noob... RP... GAH

hello!?!?!?! do u pay attention at all or what?!?!?!?

noobs cant poast rp threds unless they are told they can (if so nevermind this and just consider it another rant) U DUMBASS!!!!!11one1!

Oh and to the story

*the all mighty god Riuku comes from the heavens above and smites Sorgoth with mearly a thought.* THE END

I'll draw it on my wrist.
And with this pretty picture,
A fountain will appear.
And with this flowing fountain,
All problems disappear!

Post subject: Regulars? What say ye?
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 8:10 pm 
Addict

Riuku, with all due respect towards one who predates me on these 'boards by half a year... you bitch! :evil:

Allow me to elaborate on the sentiment expressed in that statement.

When I saw this new thread at work I thought "Cool! That looks like it might get interesting, and I've been hoping to get in on an RP thread. I can't wait to get home and post something." Then I come back to find your little contribution to the story. Excuse me if I'm a bit annoyed.

I don't know if you consider me enough of a regular to "authorize" something like this, but frankly, I wanted to see where this was going to go. If no one else is interested then it will die a natural death, but I say give it the chance to live first.

"Only he who attempts the absurd
is capable of achieving the impossible."
 - Miguel de Unamuno

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 8:16 pm 
Addict

Location: You can't take the sky from me. Since I found Serenity.
Road Trip was started by a n00b...

So, erm... I vote someone reset this thread and see where it goes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 8:40 pm 
Native

Then you should of poasted that sooner.
god u dont have ta bite my friggin head off and i said if a regular (that includes you) wanted this thred to go on just ignore my poast. gees is it that time of month againor what?

and i'm sorry if i didnt really like how it started out(just my opinion)

lets put it to a vote should the rp stay yes or no.

A fountain will appear.
All problems disappear!

Post subject: Not really, but my gf left for the weekend so I'm cranky.
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 8:53 pm 
Addict

My vote is yes, obviously.

I would have loved to have posted sooner, but as I mentioned earlier I was at work when Sorgoth started this and couldn't do anything til I got home.

And you're hardly one to talk about biting heads off, mister "Stoopid noob, poasting an rp thred withot permissiun! I smyte theee wiht mearly a thot!" :P ;-) I guess I can understand if you don't like the style, but I saw it as a happy change of pace since I like fantasy and am not all that well versed in Warhammer 40k.

In any case, good idea, Omni. Is resetting the thread something a moderator would do, or are you suggesting someone copy-paste Sorgoth's original post into a new thread so it can continue without this OOC hiccup?

- Miguel de Unamuno

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 9:52 pm 

I dig the stuff. Let's turn this into the OOC thread and start anew.

And Riuku, stop with your idiot noob-bashing policies, considering this guy does not seem to be a complete idiot. So... yeah. Kthxbye.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 10:15 pm 
Addict

The Baron wrote:
And Riuku, stop with your idiot noob-bashing policies, considering this guy does not seem to be a complete idiot.

Also considering that the n00b has better grammar, spelling, punctuation, and maybe storywriting skills...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2003 7:47 am 

MiaoMing wrote:
The Baron wrote:
And Riuku, stop with your idiot noob-bashing policies, considering this guy does not seem to be a complete idiot.

Also considering that the n00b has better grammar, spelling, punctuation, and maybe storywriting skills...

I thought that went without saying?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2003 1:04 pm 
Native

i know i cant spell very well i've said it before and i'll say it again i cant type. :x :cry: stop making fun of me!

And drop the whole me bashing the noob thing, i said if you liked it just to ignore my poast.

A fountain will appear.
All problems disappear!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2003 1:23 pm 
Addict

Riuku wrote:
i know i cant spell very well i've said it before and i'll say it again i cant type. :x :cry: stop making fun of me!

And drop the whole me bashing the noob thing, i said if you liked it just to ignore my poast.

:roll:

Riuku, this involves more than your ability to type. You are in no position to insult a newcomer, because you should have been given Noob For Life status quite a while ago. You have the spelling skills of a second grader, you totally ignore capitalization, and worst of all, you use "u" as a second person pronoun. This would all be forgiveable if you actually had something to contribute to this board, but you don't. I can't recall one post by you that contributed anything meaningful to the thread that it was in.

This is especially true of every single RP you're in. Your characters have absolutely no depth, they are one-dimensional, and your RP posts generally range from one to five sentences, which isn't nearly enough length to engage in any sort of meaningful character development.

In short, you're idiotic, uncreative, and obnoxious. If you only possessed one of those qualities, I really wouldn't mind. However, you have all three. You are a moron and nobody here likes you. Please leave these forums and never return.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2003 3:19 pm 
Native

ah well. Icy i thank you for having the courage to let me know how everyone feels. and I think I will go. I bid you all farewell.

A fountain will appear.
All problems disappear!

Post subject: Riuku, if you’re still reading, best wishes IRL.
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2003 6:51 pm 
Addict

Erm... wow. ::blink blink:: I hadn’t expected this to escalate so dramatically, but it seems I catalyzed a bit of a reaction there. :-?

In any case, at this point I should probably put my money where my mouth is and start the RP part of this thread back up. I’ll go ahead and start a "Forgotten Hells (IC Story)" thread, copy over Sorgoth’s original post, and toss my two cents in to start the pot growing. Then, as Sorgoth already invited... RP away!

BTW, Sorgoth, it sounded like you had some thought and background already put into the world. If there’s anything else you want people to take into account, I’d advise you to toss it out now. (And could you elaborate on what you meant by “its straight up” in referring to Eos?)

- Miguel de Unamuno

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2003 8:11 pm 
Addict

Magics are the best.

This seems kinda interesting. I'ma gunna see where this goes, I think.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 7:00 am 
Addict

Yevaud333 wrote:
(And could you elaborate on what you meant by “its straight up” in referring to Eos?)

I think he means that the planet's axis isn't tilted at all; it's perpendicular to the planet's orbit. So there isn't any change in seasons or anything. I guess.

Anyways, since this is supposed to be an OOC thread, here's Cassryn's info:

Name: Cassryn Wen-Fong Cheng

Appearance: Asian, a bit on the short side, with long black hair down to her chest, and mismatched eyes (one brown, one green). Always wears a golden oval locket on a slim silver chain around her neck. Really nothing remarkable, except her eyes.

Abilities: Chameleon (blends in with her surroundings extremely well)

Additional info: She has dissociative identity disorder, also known as multiple personality syndrome. So far, three personalities know each other: Ryn, Yaslana, and Dru. There are other personalities, however, lurking in her subconscious.
She comes from a dysfunctional family: mother up and left when she was a child, father an abusive drunk. She has a little sister (Meimei) who she loves dearly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 10:30 am 
Local

Ok, I'll be working up a character for this I will Edit this post with the info when im done. But this does indeed sound fun.

Edit: ok here it Is:

Character Info:

Name: “Sorason Kil’maresh”

Appearance: Sorason appears to be a human in his mid 20’s maybe 30’s. He Has a Dark, tanned complexion. His hair is long, down to mid back and is kept in 7 braids and is Ivory in color. His Eyes are a very dark shade of blue, almost purple. He wears light Casual clothes, but when he travels these are covered in a heavy black cloak. His entire torsos, upper arms as well, are cover in Red tattoos; these are not seen very often since he tends to keep them well hidden (read below for reason.)

Abilities: Sorason is in fact a demon! He is in reality 764 years old, and has lived in both the human realm and the demon planes. He has the following powers:

Demonic Magic’s:

Portal: (can open a portal after a chanting for about a minute to a know destination.)
Dark magic: (can cast any spell related to darkness or evil as if he were a human spell caster, note he can cast no other magic)
Demonic Control: once a dayusing a hypnotizing gaze, the demon can render someone into a light trance, then the person can be instilled with the said demons will. IE: they can be told that they hate their boss and should kill him, after the trance lifts the person has no knowledge of the Trance but has the said emotion implanted. Also a form of sleeper command can be given, like “you will not harm me” and the victim can not seem to bring themselves to do so.

Other Abilities: While the demon can not heal himself with magic he can fuse some other person’s body part to himself, which will then be assimilated and changed into a copy of the previous organ. However, beyond this power and increased healing. The Demon has no more physical powers, (is not super strong fast, or tough) and is just like a human in those areas.

Other info: The Tattoos on Sorason’s body denote what class and type of demon he is, and who he serves. The markings are only known in the human world to worshipers of evil and the clerics of the light. As such they are both a burden and a gift depending on ones company.

Mission: Sorason was sent, (as were many other of the lesser demons) out into the world to make sure things were going as planed. To make sure strife and suffering were well spread and thriving and to make sure that many demon relics remained where they were supposed too…The book is no longer where it belongs and Sorason’s overlord is very displeased, He has sent Sorason out to find the book and return it to its proper place. Until such a time as it will be needed by the demon armies. If this can not be done he is to make sure that at all costs the book is not destroyed or that it falls into the hands of some goody good heroes.

"There can be only one!"

Last edited by Gruff Old Man on Mon May 26, 2003 3:18 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 1:48 pm 
Addict

Alrighty then, I'll throw up a descrip for Talus as well.

Name: Talus Duskstar

Appearance: The features of a typical caucasian blend with the coloring of the natives, dark, more reddish bronze than brown. Neat black hair, short yet not close; eyes of darkest amethyst. A small mark under his left eye, a small blue birthmark in the shape of a tear, marking him as one of the Inheritors.

Abilities: Talus is one of the Inheritors, a group that claims descent from the ancient gods, those that have fallen, slain by the gods of today. They can be of any race, any origin. But they are known by the mark, the blue teardrop known as the Sigil. Talus powers stem from his ancestor, the Lord of Abyss. Power over the small demons is his, though only in short commands, not complete control. By locking eyes with his victim, Talus may connect with them, he may use a minor entrancement, able to implant a small suggestion into a person's mind. The final gift of his Inheritance is the Ebon Flame, the weapon wielded by the Lord himself. To activate the Ebon Flame itself, Talus must use his own blood, spilled from his body in some way.

Additional info: Talus is on a mission, one of dire importance. He bears with him an amulet given to him by an elder of the Inheritors, one which allows him to track the Book, which he has been charged with retrieving so that it may be cast into the void forever, it's unbalancing effect on the Worlds gone for good. Talus himself is an imposing individual, though not physically. His presence is usualy enough to unsettle people, his demeanor and somewhat inhuman heritage make him unliked by animals, who will avoid him at all costs, and unsettling to humans as well.

Yeah, I pulled the Ineritor thing kinda from a setting for d20 modern, Dark Inheritance. Good stuff .

EDIT: Changed osme in the abilities section, as it didn't seem to fit in with what I wanted when I reread it today. Might happen again, although I promise nothing will be changed once it is used. Sorry, but I've got a half formed character in my mind that is slowly taking on perfect cohesiveness.

Last edited by VandalHeart on Tue May 27, 2003 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 2:04 pm 
Local

space holder. in the process of inventing spiffy character for this thread, since it sounds so spiffy and deserving. :P props to the n00b.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 2:27 pm 

working on it. eyes are dilated, so typing is not my strong suit right now.