ZOMBIE FORUMS

It's a stinking, shambling corpse grotesquely parodying life.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:03 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2003 3:16 pm 
Addict

(Please note, you must first read the rules and claim your country before participating in this RPG. For rules and country listings, please see the other Nation State thread in these forum. One thing- we're assuming everyone here comes unarmed, with soldiers from every country protecting the area. Please no 'assasination attempts,' at least for now.)

(A large feast, with a huge table and 41 seats. Everyone has their favorite dish on their plate)

Santiago stands up, taps on his glass with a knife.

Welcome, my friends, to the first meeting of the Council of Nations of Expataria. I am Santiago Javier Valenzuela, leader of the esteemed nation of Valenzeula.

We are here to discuss important issues, make announcements, whatever. Please, enjoy your dinners and try to resolve your differences without going to war.

Santiago sits down, and starts to enjoy his steak, beans, mexican rice and salsa.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2003 3:23 pm 
Addict

Eronarn Palazzo, leader of the Disputed Territories of Eronarnia, addresses everyone at the dinner.

"I am glad, my comrades, that all of us could be here today. It makes me happy that we are able to gather in peace, and I can only hope that this peace continues even after this gathering."

Eronarn sits back down and eats his very rare steak with mushrooms and onions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2003 3:24 pm 
Addict

Brian David O'Neil sits at the table nervously. "Of course," he thought to himself, "they have to put me between the delegate from Goldland and the dictator of Actornica."

Brian wasn't the leader of Demarchia in any sense of the word - Demarchia had no real leaders. He was simply one of the most active and prolific legislators in the Demarchian People's Soviet. As such, he was chosen to represent Demarchia at this dinner.

Why is Demarchia even attending this? Brian thought. In essence I'm dining with thieves, murderers, and liars of the worst kind. At least the delegate across the table from me is from a free, enlightened country like mine.

"Hey," Brian said to the Plebianan delegate. "How are things going in your country, comrade?"

"Time is the substance from which I am made. Time is a river which carries me along, but I am the river; it is a tiger that devours me, but I am the tiger; it is a fire that consumes me, but I am the fire."
Jorge Luis Borges

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: IcyMonkey on 2003-01-20 14:27 ]</font>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2003 5:38 pm 
Local

A young man shifts somewhat nervously in his chair, the more unusual features about him including neko ears and a fairy on his shoulder. The fairy smiles, no doubt being the ruler of the country the two of them represent. Both her and the neko bow their heads, and the young man himself speaks. "The Holy Empire of Cecily welcomes such a peaceful banquet, and I hope all of us are able to have peaceful agreements for some time to come. Milady?"

The fairy stands from her place on his shoulder, and bows politely, wearing a uniform more fitting of a general than a queen. "Well said, Blue. I have little else to add to that statement, but I do thank you for the invitation." That said, she flutters down to the table and the two of them share a meal of fried chicken and bread squares from the same plate.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2003 5:58 pm 
Addict

Sitting a few seats down from the Neko boy and fairy another young man sits.The dark black suit offers no clues as to his alliegence except for the Gold eagle pin on his collar identifying him as the Kestrel representive.Already eating he just nods his head in acknowledgement."Yes,yes it's a great meal.The Federation wishes to extend it's thanks,blah blah blah..."
Trailing off the representive goes back to his corn beef.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2003 6:01 pm 
Addict

The eyes of Kim Biebaut, the democratically elected spokesman for the Republic of Plebiana was eating routinely, paying a lot of attention to everything that happened, so he wouldn't make any mistakes. All government officials in Plebiana were always under pending investigation by a democraticly elected commitee, and the matter of terms rarely came up, as every magistrate was usually given thnaks for services done way before. Not that Kim would earn more here then if he did something at home. But there was something of pride in fullfilling a position for a length of time.

Kim looked up to the person in front of him who had asked him a question. Brian, of Demarchia. Both Plebiana and Demarchia clearly shared ideals, but their styles were extremely different. Despite the style differences, Kim knew democratic oppinion favored good relations with Demarchia, and he was a spokesman for his people. The answer would have to be carefully picked, what he said would have to be something the people of Plebiana should find themselves agreeing with. One slip of the tongue and the honour of promoting freedom on this scale would go to someone more capable.

"We are still free, comrade, but others are not." a slight flicker of the eyes to the two seats to the sides of Brian. "our industry is having some problems, the farther from Plebiana Central, but I am sure that standing together, with respect for everyone's individual, we will overcome them. How do things go in Demarchia?"

Icy: I'm sorry, but a society that puts mercedeses above hentai is fundamentally sick

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rand Al'Tor on 2003-01-20 17:02 ]</font>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2003 6:38 pm 
Addict

Santiago and Brian walk into a glass, sound-proof room. After about an hour of debate, the two icily shake hands and have a treaty drawn up.

Quote:
The 10 Points Treaty of Demarchia & Valenzeula

1. Valenzeula shall not mass troops along Demarchia's border, and vice versa

2. Valenzeula shall not attack Demarchia or her allies

3. The border between Demarchia and Valenzeula is declared open. Citizens who wish to vacation or emmigrate to either country are allowed to.

4. Citizens of Demarchia with special skills (especially scientists) may work for Valenzeulian corporations and take home their wages. Because of Demarchia's fragile economy, the exchange rate between Santis and Labor Credits will be set rather steeply (as to be determined by neutral economists.)

5. Demarchia, as a nation, will be allowed to invest in Valenzeulian companies.

6. Any citizens caught in the other country while doing a crime (as defined by the country they are in) are subject to that country's laws.

7. Criminals who flee to the neighboring country will be extradicted. The one exception is for criminals who will get the death penalty in Valenzeula- for those the sentence must first be commuted to life in prison.

8. Cruel and unusual punishment is not allowed

9. Meat will be allowed to be carried into Demarchia by Valenzeulians, and eaten. Anyone caught selling meat, however, is subject to Demarchia's laws in that matter.

10. Demarchia is not expected to return or pay for lost commies that flee to their countries from the commie farms through human error or accident. However, if terrorists originating from that country free the commies, then they are expected to repay the company attacked monetarily.

To the assembled delegates of Expataria, Santiago says:

"Already a breakthrough has been made. It is hoped that with this treaty of non agression," Icy grows a bit anxious at this part- a bit too reminiscent of Hitler and Stalin, and he didn't trust Santiago any more than he did Hitler- "emigration, endiction, and to a small extent trade, has opened the door to cooperation between Demarchia and Valenzeula. It is hoped that in the future our two countries can continue to put aside our differences in the interest of peace."

He sits down and resumes eating, nodding twords the delegate for the nation of Goldstandard.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kills Commies on 2003-01-20 17:50 ]</font>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2003 6:42 pm 
Native

Andrew O'Brian sat silently in his seat, not touching his lasagnia sitting in front of him. For a delegate from Goldland, the mere presence of communists and various other varieties of collectivists was enough to cause a loss of appetite.

"Why the hell am I even here?" Muttered Andrew under his breath. He glanced to his side to see the Demarchian delegate sitting next to him, obviously just as discusted as he was, but for the opposite reasons.

"Well, orders are orders, and Michael needs me to keep tabs on what these jokers are doing."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2003 7:07 pm 
Local

Sitting in a chair, unaware of her surroundings and unnoticed by all in the room until now, sits a very young girl. Her eyes come into focus only long enough to mention mountains... and dead trees.

"Defense, you see..." Her eyes unfocus long enough for a pregnant pause to pass and light conversation to return, then speaks again, "My name is Alice, and I crontrol the Dominion of Wunderland. The vegatation can be quite harsh, and the wildlife more wild than usual. Be careful treading on my domain."

A sigh later, "I hope nobody has any scheduling problems for tea," looking at her watch (having all together too many hands on the dial, and a script too small for most to read) she continues, "friday, 3PM. I plan on having the Moon over, so space will be a tad tight. I'll be inviting the Sun next Wednesday, so be sure to bring the appropriate clothing - lotion will be supplied."

Suddenly, a quiet squeaking sound can be heard under the table. Many stares accompany the clambering of a tiny winged creature up onto the table surface. Smacking a painted wooden chip etched with a strange rune, the fairy squeaked, "Triple word score! The things I find down there..." Suddenly coming to the realization that she's being watched by everyone in the room excepting Alice, she gives a squeak and stammers, "N-nice to meet you sirs. Pleased b-be you to know that I am one of Alices advisors, the odd druggie worm being unable to attend. He can no longer feel his many feet, you see. Pray you all sign this..." Pulling a large parchment and quill from under the table, she drags it to the head and drops it. "Blood, kind sirs, is thicker than water based coloring agents."

The title in large, dark red (as most would like to believe) ink is written:

<div style="font-family: alchemist, bard, abaddon, viner hand itc, fantasy, cursive, times new roman; font-size: 26pt; color: #300; background-color: antiquewhite; margin-left: 30px; margin-right: 30px; padding: 5px;" align="center">Wunderland Treatymaker</div>
Under which is written a singular law, and singular exception, and room for signatures.

<div style="font-family: alchemist, bard, abaddon, viner hand itc, fantasy, cursive, times new roman; font-size: 14pt; margin-left: 30px; color: #300; background-color: antiquewhite; margin-right: 30px; padding: 5px;">Within the boundries of the Dominion of Wunderland, this one Law shall Rule:<ol><li>An it harm none, do what thou wilt.<li>The one exception to this law is drugs.</ol></div>
Bowing to the collected people, the fairy returns under the desk, somehow causing Alice to look a little uncomfortable and sink lower in her chair.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: GothAlice on 2003-01-20 19:41 ]</font>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2003 7:55 pm 
Addict

Santiago laughs, standing up.

"No, young lady, we do not regulate what happens in your own country. If this is a suggestion on how the rest of us run our own countries, I shall have to politely decline putting my blood on that parchment."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2003 7:59 pm 
Addict

*Seated between next to the Representative from Kestrel, on the side of the Neko boy. He is a middle aged man with dark hair going gray at the temples. Dressed in a three piece black leather suit with silver wolves embroidered on the trim and across the shoulders.*

*He stands* My name is Sean. I am the representative from the Holy Empire of Lupine. I bid you all welcome and hope for the same. I am free to discuss all levels and matters of politics and am at your disposal.

I am the current UN delegate for Expataria, which unfortunately means you all probably hate me. If you wish to discuss anything with me I am at your disposal. If you have complaints please bring them to me in private.

*He sits down and goes back to eating his stuffed chicken breast, cous cous, and stir fried vegetable dinner.*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2003 8:07 pm 
Addict

Rand suddenly eyes Shawn with a sharp stare. "Ah yes, you are the one that voted AGAINST an end to slavery weren't you?" he left a silence after those words. Any more would be more then the people of Plebiana were willing to give he felt, but he had to say something.

Wait, this isn't chewing gum!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2003 8:29 pm 
Addict

*Sean (SEAN rand :razz:) looks down the table towards Rand. Setting down his fork and not bothering to pause before responding.*

We had issue with one very specific objection to a particular article in the proposed legislation. Since it was likely to pass we cast our objections in vote. If ever it was likely to fail we would have changed our vote.

We hardly support slavery. It is a dirty and reprehensible practice. However the legislation did more than abolish slavery, it set work rules and left no flexiblilty for member nations to govern their own workforces. We feel that it is not up to the UN to micromanage every member country. A different piece of legislation solely eliminating slavery and defining slavery would have met with our immediate approval, we do not like supporting the actions of countries obviously out to enforce their rules on other countries. Would you like me ruling your country? Our countries are similar in many ways, yet how would your ruler feel if we took the power out of his hands to rule?

Slavery itself has never existed in my country, and never shall. Nor shall we support any country who maintains the practice of slavery or harbors its adherents. Do not mistake us as greedy my friend, that would paint you the fool. Slavery is a crime not commited by humans but by demons and filth for which there can be remorse, no quarter, and no hesitation in the blow we may be forced to deal.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2003 8:41 pm 
Addict

Kim impasively listened to the rebuttal, inwardly cursing himself for not doing better research. lifyre could be speaking the truth, and he could not be. "Perhaps so. Though we tend to welcome any initiative to end slavery of any sort... in any way. Still, my...apology for any...misunderstandings. We have pretty...intense oppinions about slavery."

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rand Al'Tor on 2003-01-20 19:41 ]</font>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2003 8:47 pm 
Local

Alice once again stops staring through the table, stands and gives Santiago a fierce look - once not suited to a 15 year old body. Her voice almost a whisper, but sharp enough to be plainly heard throughout the room, "If you would kindly not attempt provocation, and actually read what little of the document there is, you would discover that though this document does describe what occurs within my borders - it applies not only to <i>my</i> citizens."

She gazes around the table, her expression lightening at a few of the faces. "This document applies to citizens traveling through my domain. It also applies to anyone <i>visiting for the night.</i> My lords, where do your children's minds wander when asleep? Their dreams and nightmares can not harm them as long as this document is upheld. And," a pause, "trust me when I say there will be more dreams and fewer nightmares."

With a smirk and a final glance at Santiago, she concludes, "There are things I could ask for that are much worse than blood. One's soul comes to mind, as well as one's sleep. How long would you survive with no respite for the mind?"

Wisdom again leaves Alice's eyes as she sits, sipping her tea after a bite-size cube of steak. "Don't have this in Wunderland... wonder where it comes from..."

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: GothAlice on 2003-01-20 19:48 ]</font>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2003 9:25 pm 
Addict

*looking towards kim, and toasting him silently before speaking*
No offence taken my friend. We knew it would be a contraversial stance when we took it. Your responce to it does you much justice. Rest assured that in this you have a ready ally. Perhaps there are other things we could be of assistance in.

To good friends and a better brighter future.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2003 11:45 pm 
Addict

Watching the exchange between alice and santaigo the rep leans closer to sean.
"For everybody's sake whatever you do don't lose the UN delegation position."
Sparing a glance back at the strange girl the rep turns back to sean.
"Anybody would do better to represent us then they would."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2003 3:26 am 
Local

Alice, dreamily sipping her tea, suddenly has a side of her head brushed by a wisp of wind. Her eyes focus and dart to several inches off her shoulder. "Eb, don't. Go home." Eyes returning to behind her tea cup, she sighs, the breeze once again ruffling Alice's hair. Her expression changing subtly with each statement, "Give the anarchist a ciggarette - anyone would do better than me. Or me, though I'd be okay." Smiling weakly, she takes another sip. "Wonderful tea." Eyes lingering behind the unsigned parchment and unused quill, "Any takers? Anyone here value their children's sanity?"

Getting up, she walks over to the parchment and picking up the quill, she signs some even more alien characters - supposedly her name - the thick ink the quill was never dipped in spreading a little in the trenches of the paper. Sitting back down, no-one really notices beautifully scripted number 18 appear next to her name, or the key icon that fades into existance underneath the 18.

"Only childe of the countries on this list will be allowed into Wunderland. If childe of those not on the list were granted entry, they would endanger everything I have worked so hard to maintain - and they would be a threat to themselves. Why deprive your children of such a nessicary and creative outlet of energy, when signing this document does not harm you - and takes little effort? The blood is metaphor only. Has a dream," Alice waves her hand right through the parchment, "ever hurt you? Has a nightmare," the quill, with a mind of it's own, starts pecking at Alice's hand, "ever truly hurt you? No, they have not. The only effect of a dangerous dream, a deadly nightmare, is you jolting to conciousness in your bed." The parchment becoming solid again, the quill falling to the table, "This is a heavy burden I bear.. I hold the evil within the minds of men, women, and children at bay. I am what keeps most people sane, and what keeps most people safe at night. Wunderland is home to creatures beyond the imagining of a select few. This parchment," Alice stabs the paper with a slender finger, "is what keeps you safe from these creatures." The flow of emotions finally ceasing, Alice walks back to her seat, sits, folds her arms on the table, and lying her head in her arms, proceeds to stop breathing. To (I presume) little suprise of the surrounding people, Alice fades slightly, becoming partially transparent.

(OOC: ask what your number is before you sign (if you sign), and I'll give you one so you can RP it appearing (and know what it means). They -do- mean things, and some people may even catch it. Damn... must post elsewhere...)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: GothAlice on 2003-01-21 02:34 ]</font>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2003 4:04 am 
Spawn of Kyhm and D

For once, Ezelek Raine, the leader of the Holy Nation of Elcadia, had actually bothered turning up at the meeting. His sense of dress was rather un-becoming for someone who led one of the most economically powerful countries in the region, the normal tie-and-suit that one would expect someone of his stature to be wearing was absent in favour of dark slacks, a dark shirt, and a long dark flowing leather trenchcoat. He stifled a yawn, thankful that his dark shades hid the fact that his eyes were closed, as he tried to catch up on some lost sleep. The only reason he'd decided to come to this... foolish meeting was, firstly for the free meal (even though he was the ruler of a powerful nation, with a massive amount of wealth at his fingertips, he still wouldn't pass up a free feed), and also to see what the ideals of his fellow rulers were, so he could chortle at the amusing ones, and mark off which countries might need a bit of... militarial investigation.

Thinking that nothing intresting was ever going to occur at this boring display of pomp, Ezelek's attention was drawn to a young dark-haired girl further down the table, who was speaking about a parchment of some-sorts, in a mysterious-quiet voice. Running through a mental list of the other rulers in his mind, he hummed under his breath, a small habit that he had picked up when concentrating.

Alice... Dominion of Wunderland... She's younger than I expected. I wonder how someone got to control a nation at such an age? Snapping out his bemusings, Ezelek caught the end of her speech, folding his hands across his face. Keep safe...? That's why I'm here, isn't it.... Perhaps, this shall prove a useful trip after all...

Rising from his seat, he casually moved over to the parchment, pulling a small dagger out of his sleeve to slice open the palm of his hand, dipping the quill into blood that dribbled out, scratching his name out in halting-cursive on the parchment. A dark eyebrow rose at something on that appeared on the document, and Ezelek muttered under his breath.

"Twenty-one, eh? It guessed my age. How ingenious." Shrugging, he made his way back to his seat, sitting back down and cocking his head slightly to his left shoulder.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2003 5:43 am 
Addict

Warsmith Ironfist sits at the table, dark energys of the warp radating from the cracks and joins of his ancient power armour. He watched the others discuss things from inside his armour. He watched each of there souls of those present glow around there bodies, he could not wait to harvest them, though wait he must. After 10,000 years one learns patience.

OOC Just a little introduction /OOC

My motto: If awake, wear a hat!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Vet Sgt Antenor on 2003-01-21 04:44 ]</font>