ZOMBIE FORUMS

It's a stinking, shambling corpse grotesquely parodying life.
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:17 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2003 2:08 pm 
Addict

OOC: Hey, Vandal, what did you used to call yourself?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2003 8:01 pm 
Addict

OOC: He used to be known as Drachen. /OOC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2003 10:54 pm 
Addict

Shit! That's right I remember!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2003 3:22 am 
Addict

Hola mi amigo. Used to be DrachenNacht, on the old boards, then Drachen once we began the boards here. I don't either of you were on the old boards though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2003 10:55 pm 
Addict

OOC: IF this is still going, I'm in. My character, Richard, is in the character thread.

A young ma in his early 30s slowly fades into existence, and looks around.

"Damnation, I should have never accepted the drink from that begger. I always end up somewhere odd."

He's wearing breeches, and a red coat, with high shoulders and tails. At his side hangs a rapier.

"Well, I might as well scope the landscape."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2003 4:06 pm 
n00b

OOC/I do want to fight, anyone else want to do a kinda side-fight till we get the real thing going?

Initated by The Electric Pope

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2003 4:22 pm 
Local

Location: Being held upside down over the edge of a bridge somewhere. Oh the suspense!
I get the feeling people are more willing to commit to something than to actually participate. Chrono yyou and mad thinker go right ahead (not that you need MY permission).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2003 8:45 pm 
Addict

OOC: Seeing as this is an Arena thread, any objections to fighting in a colleseum?

Richard slowly walks to what appears to be a Colleseum, cracked and falling apart with age. It's marble arches barely sustainging the centuries of stone piled above.

As Richard enters the Arena, he spots a fox-man accross the floor, standing with a sword.

"What fell creature is this?" Richard thinks to himself, never before having seen a hybrid of this nature. "And what strange realm have I stumbled apon where man and animal are so freely mixed?"

Drawing his rapier, and approaching slowly, he calls out to the fox.

"How now sir, who are you, and why is your sword drawn?"

The fox creature responded, "I am Chrono, I come form the north, looking to fight."

"Surely you must have some other reason for travelling, not just the blood and stink of fights and death?"

"No, I search for a worthy opponent."

"Well, from your blade, it appears you have some knowledge of swordsmanship, will you consent to a bout?"

Chrono responded silently by bringing his sword to the ready

OOC: Chrono, seeing as you didn't specify a sword, I'm gonna write you with a katana, a perfectly decent weapon./OOC

Richard drew himself up, saluted his opponent, and pointed his rapier directly at his adversary.

The two met eyes, and without any signal, both new to fight.

Richards flurry of thrusts were easily knocked aside by the heavier blade of the katana. Pressing his advantage, Chrono leaped into the attack, pushing Richard backwards, using the weight of his weapin against the relatively slight Rapier.

With a massive overhead thrust, and an attempted block, both combatents were soon locked, hilt against hilt. Richard realised that he had the wieght advantage over the fox, and pushed with all his strength.

Chrono, realising what was happening, used Richard's strength against him, pulled him forward, and spun around, scoring the human's back as he stumbled past.

Richard turned around quickly, and brought his weapon to the ready again.

"Well done, Sir Fox, first blood to you."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2003 8:55 pm 
Addict

Vandal merely watched from an alcove to the side. Both seemed to be skilled opponents with their weapons. But his senses told him neither had the power to prove a challenge to him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2003 10:34 pm 
Addict

Clay sat down next to Vandal with two pints of bitters and offered him one of them.

"Fine evening to watch a bit of senseless violence eh?"

Now the die must fall,
There ain't a winner in this game
Who don't go home with all, Not with all...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2003 3:58 pm 
n00b

OOC:Sorry to not specify a sword,I would have chossen the katana anyway it seems to have turned out ok. Also, PM me because we are going to need a preset winner./OOC

Chrono knew he had the momentum and he was not going to waste it.

Chrono crouches then jumps into the air in an attempt to surprise Richard with speed.

Richard smiles "Fool!"

He side-steps and waits for Chrono to come down.

Realizing what was about to happen Chrono tries to twist away but it is too late.

As Chrono hits the ground the edge of Richards rapier connects with his back and right arm. Chrono brings up his sword just in time to block the second blow. He scrambles backwards and gets to his feet smiling

"I now see you too are an experienced fighter, and one to be taken seriously."

Chrono now takes time to set his stance and wait for the next move

OOC:I'm very sorry if this kinda sucked, as you can see from my posts I am new at this./OOC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2003 7:05 pm 
Addict

OOC: I can't finish this fith, I'm going out of town for a few days, then I'm going to be sans internet for a while after that...my apologies

Spinning around, Richard aims his sword at Chrono for a thrust, but notices the world going fuzzy

"The deuce?!"

Richard slowly fades out of existence

OOC:Once again, my apologies.

Post subject: ph33r
PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2003 3:36 am 
Tourist

Uh, so basically we introduce our character and have Threepwood match us up in a battle? (respond so I can give my description!)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2003 3:39 am 
Spawn of Kyhm and D

You really just find someone else to RP battle with, and go spastic. Waiting for Mr. Wood to give the all-for is just a formality.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2003 6:08 am 
Addict

"Ah Clay. Thanks much." Taking the proffered drink he down a swallow, wincing a bit. "Never could get completely used to that stuff. Suddenly, Richard vanishes from the arena, leaving a confused Chrono standing there. "Well that was rather abrupt, wasn't it?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2003 12:59 pm 
Local

Location: Being held upside down over the edge of a bridge somewhere. Oh the suspense!
At the moment there are not really enough people to make it worth having an organised structure. As such if you can post your character and find someone to fight go right ahead. At some point you may want me to decide who wins, or you can decide between yourselves. But go right ahead.

Guybrush: Even BEFORE they smell your breath?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2003 4:12 pm 
n00b

Chrono stands alone in the middle of the arena, his katana now back in its sheath, his challange now hanging in the empty air

"Come those who wish to fight"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2003 6:19 pm 
Addict

"Well hell, doesn't look like anyone else is gonna jump in. I'll tone it down and come play. Could be interesting."

Reaching down, he pulled a small bag from under his chair through the effects of Convenient Plot Device Mechanics, and withdrew a pair of leather gloves from them. Metal ridges ran down the backs of the gloves, ending at the second knuckle, where the gloves ended themselve, leaving his finger exposed below that. Stripping his jacket, he strappedon the gloves and stepped into the arena. tossing down his cigarette butt, he ground it into the floor and set him self, his left side to the warrior, feet somewhat apart, arms held at a slight angle, crooked at the elbows.

"Alright cowboy, let's see what you've got. Bring everything you'e got in you, and we'll make this interesting."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2003 8:29 pm 
Addict

Clay glided to the center of the Arena, seeming to stride confidently, but covering way too much gound to be walking, as if space were contracting for him, making each step span several meters. A slight sneer played across his otherwise dispassionate face as he removed the cigar from his mouth and flicked it away with a twitch of his fingers to where it came to rest in the stands, just for an instant, and vanished completely in a burst of flame, killing a random spectator. The crowd cheered wildly. He flicked off his duster in a similar motion and it seemed to vanish into space. Then without seeming to occupy the invervening space he exploded into Vandal, raining carefully measured punches from impossible angles. Vandal fell back dodging and countering until he was finally caught hard in the jaw by a well thrown right cross. He rolled with it and came full circle with a sweep, catching the back of Clay's knees. Clay did a standing back flip as the sweep hit only to catch a foot in the face s he landed. As he reeled from the kick, he grabbed Vandal's ankle and kicked the inside of his knee. Vandal's lag collapsed under him and he rolled away, as he was coming up to his feet, Clay tried to press his advantage but Vandal stepped inside his punch and sent him reeling backward. Clay jumped back to a safe distance and flicked a drop of blood from the corner of his mouth and grinned.

"Well, that was a fun warmup, now we can get started."

Now the die must fall,
There ain't a winner in this game
Who don't go home with all, Not with all...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2003 2:17 pm 
Addict

Vandal grinned as he stretched his neck a bit, the popping and cracking loud as he shifted his weight. He slid the cesti from his hands and flexed his knuckles.

"Was expecting a swordsman, but this works just as well. "

Vandal shifted his weight once more and burst across the field towards Clay. A series of quick strikes put the Texan on the defensive, as he blocked each in turn, whether it be high or low. An overextension and slight hesitation after a punch was the opening he needed as he stepped forward and to the side, slamming his elbow into Vandal's ribcage, following it with a spinning backfist to catch his opponent in the jaw. Vandal staggered back and fell to one knee, feeling Clay moving in closer to finish the job. As the Texan struck, Vandal hit the ground, his body going flat in the sand as he rolled to face his opponent. At the same time, his feet struck upwards, one catching Clay in the kneecap, bending the leg at an odd angle, but not breaking it. The second foot slammed into the man's solar plexus, lifting him from the ground and tossing him backwards.

Vandal slowly stood, twisting his back to help out a kink, Clay moving to stand in the same way, favoring his left leg slightly. The swelloing was already beginning to show on Vandal's jaw from the spinning backfist.

"Alright Cowboy, let's make this something to watch."

Silver light flared up around him as Vandal shoved power in to the runes, holding it there and waiting.