ZOMBIE FORUMS

It's a stinking, shambling corpse grotesquely parodying life.
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:46 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2003 4:30 pm 
Local

Location: Being held upside down over the edge of a bridge somewhere. Oh the suspense!
Not an original idea, but i just felt like creating a little thread where you can pitch a character against another character in a simple fight. It won't be turn by turn based, more write a chunk of action down write a chunk of action down, any serious hits which cause injury must be checked with your opponent. This isn't about winning or losing, its about writing damn good fight scenes.

In terms of character power i think i'm talking dragon ball z flying, warping, energy balls etc. So if anyone wants to write a fight with me ust post. To decided who wins i'll flip a coin (i guess you'll just have to trust my integrity, i'm a christian so i won't lie and i say that i will honestly tells you what comes up). This coin toss will be made known to both fighters through PMs, however anyone reading will just have to wait and see who wins (i hope some people will read this and even RP spectators who will cheer on their fighter (maybe even get involved if both sides allow it since the fights outcome has already been decided). So please, tell me if you're interested, if i get enough positive feed back we could even do a tournament thing, with the final maybe being decided by qualiuty of writing as judged by former competitors.

Power can be turned down if both fighters just want to fight tooth and nail or with weapons, or even turned up. but power level must be agreed upon, we'll have no cop with a pistol getting fragged by a demi god playing about with time. But then again you could agree on power level of 1 high 1 low then flip and find the cop wins. Of course it will make a difficult RP probably ending in a lucky shot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2003 7:48 pm 
Addict

Pssht! Yeah, like I'd believe anything a christian said... ;p

Onion: That's because you're a shifty motherfucker.

UWC: <.<

>.>

<.<

Onion: Fucking precisely you dirty thieving gypsy fuck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2003 7:51 pm 
Local

Sounds interesting and full of potential. If you get a fight started I will definatly read!

"Genius is one of the many forms of insanity" - Cesare L. Lombroso

"You have to swing the bat before anything can happen." - Haruko

~Member of the Cult of Godless Commie Traitors~

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2003 1:08 am 
<font color=darkred><b>Lorem Ipsum

sure, i'll be in. dunno which character i'll be using yet...Luci might be funny.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2003 1:33 pm 
Local

Location: Being held upside down over the edge of a bridge somewhere. Oh the suspense!
So who wants to fight me? I guess we'll post descriptions maybe physically and in terms of power.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2003 9:14 pm 
n00b

Ill fight

Initated by The Electric Pope

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2003 9:38 pm 
n00b

My name is Chrono, im am from the mountains far to the north, I have traveled this far because I heard of a great warrior in the south, whom i wish to fight. I use speed, not brute force,what i lose in size and force i make up in speed and endurance,I figure how can I lose if they can't hit me? My avatar is also a picture of me if you care to look.My princapals are stelth and speed and agility. I am also a skilled swordsman if you choose to do it that way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2003 2:12 am 
Local

Alice can be seen, barely a speck on the horizon. The sun reflecting off of her upraised binoculars, the view suddenly shifts to first person. Typical greenview HUD can be seen, pointing west-north-west. Distance (1.2KM), temperature (18°C), pressure (102.1 kPa), and more scroll across the display. Clearly shown is a magnified view of a smug face. An eager face.

A smile flickering across Alice's (context, you fools!), her voice could plainly be heard across the staging area. "Chrono, you are new. You need to understand our ways." Dropping the binoculars into the dust she closes her eyes as she raises into the air, a dark blue glow burning around her. Hair wipping wildly in the air, she leans over, arms extended, and rapidly closes the distance between her and Chrono. "Speed?" she asks, "You do not know speed." Reaching forward with a hand, something ob-long and shiny black appears out of nowhere. In the distance, watching, Kyhm can be heard cursing, "Damn! <i>That's</i> where that went!" The next moment, Chrono finds the ob-long object to be one 18" dilldo, now implanted up one nostril.

Crouching facing Chrono, Alice's aura begins to burn black, her smile wide. "And now, I give you the chance to respond. This is rare."

Kyhm can again be heard in the background snickering, "Ah! It's a run-by initiation!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2003 4:33 pm 
n00b

*smiles*
I am no quarrel with you, I am looking for a man named Gubrush Threepwood, but that is no concern of you, I bid you farewell,
*pulls dildo out of nose, smacks the Goth across the face with it then chucks it to kyhm who can be heard thanking him then, but I am no longer there, I am off to find Guybrush Threepwood*

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Chrono on 2003-01-29 08:03 ]</font>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2003 5:13 pm 
Local

Your total lack of spelling and gramatical skills is refreshing, but sad. May I reccomend writing your post in a word processor, spell cheking the document, then pasting it into the forum?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2003 9:15 pm 
n00b

simple question, "Who the hell cares?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2003 9:23 pm 
Spawn of Kyhm and D

I think all of us do. We all care, very much. It's like a breeding ground for caring, here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2003 9:26 pm 
Native

Well, speaking as an English Major, I care. I'll make allowances if English isn't your first language, but if it is then you're just being sloppy and lazy. Have some pride in your forums!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2003 10:01 pm 
n00b

Ok, my bad, I'll watch out for spelling from now on
I take back what I said before, my apologies to those I insulted.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Chrono on 2003-01-28 21:09 ]</font>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2003 11:08 pm 
Tourist

Yeah, bad spelling and grammar is annoying as hell in roleplaying.

Ex:Me: As Sorgoth, his body covered with bloody scratches and rusted armor, climbed over the hill to find yet another enemy to fight.

Other guy:An dten mi gy slahs w/ huge sord an d/ make arm fal of!@!!!11!!!11!11!

Anyway, I'll fight after whoever's done.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2003 12:53 am 
n00b

rideo ad omnes tei!

sum malus magister latinis! nunc neco omnis tei!

Anyway...now that I have that out of my system...

I am Zim! Ziiiim! You Earthan worm-babies will fall before the wrath of Urkan technology! The wrath, I say! Wrath!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: semper ignavus on 2003-01-29 00:01 ]</font>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2003 3:12 pm 
Local

You want to get in on the fighting as well Alice? Your character seems the type to use energy and speed rather than strength. (BTW as far as I’m aware initiation mark is at 150 posts, or so Kami told me). That gives us

Madaric
Chrono
GothAlice?
Sorgoth

Anyone else want in? I guess I’ll be organiser so who ever wins the final fight will fight me because we have an odd number. Since Chrono and GothAlice already have a bit of a feud I’d put it as.

GothAlice vs. Chrono
Madaric vs. Sorgoth

BTW, if I flip the coin and win yet your RP of the fight is pathetic (either through consistent bad grammar or poor imagination) compared to your opponent I’m not afraid to rule in favour of the supposedly losing party. Although I don't expect to have to exercise this power. But it must be said to stop someone winning by chance even though his fighting is useless

"I punch you in the nuts and you fall then I stamp on your face then you die!!!!"

Like I said before rather than real time I expect this to be conducted as a chunk of the fighting from each participant (so it the fight progresses faster and better choreographed). Make sure when you're fighting that your character receives blows. A boring fight would be one where you both portray your character as god like and it ends up in one post one person is being completely destroyed when suddenly in the next post by the other participant the other character is being destroyed.

Here is a short sample fight:

(After getting PMs they know who is winning yet you should still make it an animated fight, we don't want you resigning and putting up a poor fight. It would reflect badly on your character if he/she didn't give them hell.)

In this RP I’m skipping character descriptions and fighting styles, I’d advise you include these so when the person is writing about how you fight they have a fair idea. You don't want a serious martial arts expert whipping out an over sized mallet and laughing like a loon (or if you do you will need that in your profile or the person will write for you as a serious martial arts expert. I also think you should write an entrance, your character might have a distinctive flair to their entrance the other person might not think of. One more thing. When writing I think you should agree on what terrain your fighting, whether it is set as a jungle or city scope, or even have the floor electrocuted for a mid air battle. Or you can have a free form arena where you can just introduce new elements as and when you like. But then it could get confusing as your imagination runs wild. This fight takes place on a dirt plain arena.

The air in the arena shimmered slightly, as if the ground had warmed up slightly distorting the waves in the air. Suddenly the distortion coalesced into a distinct form. It seemed to be a man about his mid twenties of medium yet strong build with dark brown hair, it was cut short almost as if the man had done some military service. This hair cut also suited the sharp lines of his face, his eyes and mouth set into what seemed to be a permanent frown putting proof to the impression he had served in the army. He wore combat trousers that seemed baggily cut to allow freedom of movement and tightly laced black boot with a dark grey sleeveless T-shirt. His arms crossed across his chest he breathed evenly. Closing his eyes he prepared himself for the battle ahead. Suddenly a fanfare blared around him. Slightly startled his eyes shot open and he lost concentration. Dropping to the ground he landed softly on his feet. Looking up he felt the ground practically shake as a bass thumped to some insane dance music. Fireworks launched from the arena walls as the arena flashed in a multitude of different colours. Suddenly everything went dark as spotlight found an entrance to the arena. Suddenly a man came in back flipping fast straight into the centre of the arena. As he reached the middle he launched high into the air pulling off a dizzying display of flips and twists landing perfectly on his feet and executing an impressive if impractical martial arts stance. Now that he was still it could be made out that this man wore extravagant clothes. He was a lean yet fit man, with thick blonde hair which was long and very styles, he wore an expensive bright pink silk shirt with a fine cut with flaring cuffs and collar, he was also wearing a brown leather jacket which he cast off with a deft twist of his wrist. He also wore white trousers and stylish black shoes. As he maintained the difficult stance it could be made out his face was ecstatic at the crowds’ applause.

Moving back to a more relaxed and easier standing position he bowed to the crowd and then his opponent. "They call me 'The flamingo', I have toured the world wowing the crowds and facing the greatest fighters, yet now I’m here and I feel insulted I have been set against such a drab and boring fellow such as yourself. I've seen constipated sloth’s with more charisma than you." The man sneered before bursting into a laugh at his own wit. The flamingo did not faze his opponent though; he simply put his fist to his palm and bent at the waist to return the bow that had been given to him. Straightening he looked up darkly at the poser, "I am Jake, 2nd regiment elite forces. I look forward to your death." The flamingo pulled back a little and frowned, this hesitation was all the invitation Jake needed. Rushing forward he planted a strong under arm punch into the flamingos stomach. The flamingo seemed more used to a bit of banter before a fight; the first blow had caught him off guard. Doubling over as his wind left him he began gasping for air. This was not how he anticipated the fight staring at all, however this uncouth redneck was not going to best him. Looking up slightly he saw the knee driving upwards to smash into his head. Bringing his hands forward he placed them on Jakes leg, using the momentum as the knee push his arms back towards his head he executed a neat back flip. Landing a distance back he looked up to see Jake already rushing towards him. However this was all he needed a minor break to regroup. As Jake reached him he executed another strong blow trying to strike the soft area of his nose. However now The Flamingo was read. Moving to the side and twisting he allowed the Jakes blow to carry him forward. This left his back and neck exposed. Executing a fast and sharp chop to the back of Jakes neck while kicking out his foot at the back of his leg they both connected simultaneously. Jakes neck muscles tightened and caused his back to arch as everything seized up. The foot connecting with his own leg knocked his step off and he stumbled trying to recover, however he was unsuccessful, his momentum carried him into the ground as he ploughed a gouge through the dirt. His exposed chest felt the full burning force of the friction. As much as the pain sought to tear sane thought from his head, his training allowed him to remain lucid. As he came to a standstill he rolled sideways, onto his back. As he looked up he saw the climax of Flamingos jump, and his descent as he plummeted down. His foot struck the ground solidly and drove deep into the earth where the back of Jakes head had been before he had rolled. The flamingo recovered quickly though swinging his unstuck foot around, using his stuck one like a pivot, at Jakes face. Jake instinctively brought his hands up just managing to catch the foot, as it was about to dig deep into his head. Pain blossomed in his hands as he realised the expensive Italian shoes were pointed, what was ore they were reinforced with metal on the inside. However he still bunched the muscles in his arm and with his hold on flamingos foot hurled him into the ground beside him. Firs came the ripping sound of the flamingos foot coming stubbornly out of the ground, no doubt pulling muscles in his leg, then the solid thump of his back and neck connecting with the ground. Jumping to his feet nimbly Jake retained his hold on the flamingos foot. Again he used his strength to lift flamingo off the ground in a toss, however rather than letting go he planted his heels firmly in the ground. Acting as a centre point he swung the flamingo round, exposing his head to a blood rush as the pressure rushed to his head. Finally letting him go the flamingo went flying up into the air. Closing his eyes Jake gathered his Ki and disappeared.

The flamingo now felt terrible, he was light headed from the blood rush and dizzy with impact of the ground. Grasping at self-awareness he realised he was travelling through the air. Trying to use his energy to gain some kind of control he started to decelerate. However suddenly he felt energy gathering near him. However it was too late to react. Suddenly Jake warped into existence just in front of Flamingos trajectory with arms behind him locked for a powerful double handed blow. Jake swung with all his strength, hoping to send the Flamingo back to the ground, however he had let the Flamingo regain too much control. The flamingo altered his flight so he went under Jakes blow and instead lifting an elbow collided with Jakes stomach. Jake gave a hacking cough and flipped backwards some while recovering control. Te flamingo looked at him, with one arm he clutched his stomach a little blood coming from the corner of his mouth. Jake also looked at Flamingo, his elegant hairstyle was now destroyed, his eyes seemed slightly clouded from his impact with the ground his clothes covered in his dirt with rips. Gathering a moment’s breath they rushed at each other simultaneously. The flamingo let out a volley of blows, blurring with speed. High punch to the face, low kick to the shin, chisel blow to the throat, however Jake received these blocking some, deflecting the others. He was beginning to find it hard keeping up with the flamingos speed and so changed tactics, releasing a quick series of kicks, high to the chin, knee to the stomach sweep to the legs and finally a double handed outward palm blow to the chest. The flamingo knocked these blows away even more deftly than Jake with his speed. Getting a rhythm he received the double-handed blow on his arm, however rather than a strong impact he got a feather touch. Confused momentarily he felt Jakes fingers clamp around his arm. Panic reached his eyes, Flamingo brought an elbow down strongly on Jakes wrist, and although he saw Jakes eyes narrow with pain his grip did not lessen enough. One of Jakes hands slid up his arm, with a hand on upper arm and lower he suddenly pulled them together, except around the outside of the arm, a resonating snap caused some in the crowd to shy as they saw The Flamingos arm bend at an unnatural angle. The man screamed before receiving a strong front kick to his chest, causing him to fly back limply (remember any "permanent/serious" damage must be checked with who you're fighting...).

A determined look entered Jakes eye as he gathered his Ki. Clapping his hands together he felt for his power. Latching onto his Ki he began to gather it. Focusing his power he pushed it all into a point between his palms, he was careful to regulate it. Like a tap with an unreliable handle if he turned it up too much the power could rush uncontrolled and destroy him. As the power grew it also became more erratic. The force exerted from his power was held only in check by his palms. As it grew his palms moved outwards revealing to the arena crowd a concentrated ball of blue energy. The ball was blindingly bright and many in the crowd shielded their eyes with their hands. Suddenly Jake cried out "NO-DEN-SHONAN!" (Made up). Pushing his palms outwards the ball flew outward towards flamingo. Flamingo who tumbled limply through the air still whimpered slightly in pain, however it seemed to dissolve into an unintelligible growl. As he regained control he turned and steadied facing Jake, cradling his arm, his eyes positively burning. However caught again off guard the ball suddenly struck him in the stomach like a massively dense medicine ball. However flamingo seemed to wrap around it. Carrying him to the ground. It slammed him into it like a boulder. Just then it detonated itself. Smiling slightly Jake watched his arms crossed his chest he relaxed, the aftermath of the explosion blew his clothes around him as if he stood in a wind tunnel. As the smoke cleared there appeared only to be a crater. The wind died down and Jake began to turn expecting to leave, when out of the corner of his eyes he noticed a shivering pink form.

In the middle of the crater lay the naked form of Flamingo. However he was not dead. He twitched slightly his body covered in serious burns, his broken arm lying at a crooked angle. However with his remaining intact arm he pushed himself unsteadily to his feet. Completely bald the focus of Jakes attention was drawn to Jakes eyes. They burned amber and a feral sound twisted his lips, it was low yet seemed to fill the entire arena. Suddenly Flamingo flung his arms and head back and he bellowed his rage to the heavens. Power seemed to rip the earth of the ground around his feet. Enshrining him in a ferocious amber glow. Jake began to notice as Flamingo's burns began to heal, his arm seemed to reset itself. And he began to grown, the muscles seem to expand to his arms as if they had been held in place by the skin, yet now letting loose they erupted, leaving his body ripped with iron muscle. He grew twice his size and fur began to grow over his body. As it finished Jake seemed to no longer be looking at the suave fighter he had faced earlier, now he faced a feral creature of brown fur, a silver white glowing streak down its back and pure rage. The look of those eyes sent shivers down his spine like electric warning shocks. The animal howled and jumped into the air flying like a flash up to Jake. Without any time to react Jake was suddenly face to face with the creature. Instinctively he let out a volley of punches and kicks, however these bounced harmlessly off the monsters hide. Jake felt worry as it actually laughed at his attempts. Like lightning the animal suddenly wrapped both of its arms around Jakes torso as if he were merely a Childs doll. A pang of fear touched Jake as the monster squeezed him tight. Jake felt his ribs straining, as they seemed about to snap. The animal bared its teeth, its eyes holding glee now. Launching forward it sank its teeth into his shoulder, now it was his turn to cry out as pain ripped through his body like flaming eyes. The beast suddenly hurled him to the ground. Faster than a bullet he plummeted into the ground. Feeling limp Jake had no time to react as the monster landed with both feet on his back. Now the pain seemed to destroy his senses, he felt his consciousness begin to fade. Desperate not to be left helpless to be ripped to shreds and eaten by this inhuman creature he tried everything, but his physical body would not respond. As blackness encapsulated him he grasped for his power. As he opened his body to it refreshed him like new life. With little thought for safety he surrendered completely.

Animal was enjoying himself. Although the fight was easy, he enjoyed a good meal. The puny human being was going to be tasty, the blood still fresh on his tongue he revelled in it. Dancing on his back he hoped to tenderise him more as muscle was often tough if not beaten properly. Suddenly however the mans back beneath him seemed like the core of a volcano. Trying to stop the burning he attempted to jump off him. However the man seemed to detonate, energy burning outwards from him. Animal was blown explosively into the air. He howled in pain at the burning, trying to regain control he finally halted. Looking down he realised that he had been blown far more than he had expected. However clearly down the ground there was the body of the man, however energy seemed to stream off him like smoke. The man pushed himself to his feet; the wound in his shoulder had closed to form a mighty scar. His back faced the animal, so it could clearly be seen that the mans hair had grown and turned incandescent blue, the man looked over his shoulder. The side profile of his face revealed his eyes now smoked with energy and his moth was set in a rictus of rage. The animal shook with glee. Now the fight was really going to get interesting...

Ok that’s just a sample. I don't expect every post to be that long. All though I think that the posts should be able to be combined to make a fluent fight. Like I said before some fights will be like DBZ. However it could be more mundane, or more supernatural. I think permission should be gained before transforming someone else’s character, and you shouldn't invent special attacks for them. At the end of the fight you may decide to allow a deathblow. Make any death sequences fun and dramatic, but again joint permission is needed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2003 3:33 pm 
Addict

I would jump in, but I'd have to figure out a way to give my character an octane boost. he was invented for something like White Wolf's World of Darkness, not DBZ. Ah, well I'll see if I can't do a decent character description in Hi-Power mode.

EDIT: ok here it is > http://forums.kyhm.com/viewtopic.php?to ... &forum=2&0

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Clay_Allison on 2003-01-29 14:50 ]</font>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2003 4:17 pm 
n00b

I'm all for it, I'm good to go as soon as GothAlice is.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2003 9:48 pm 
Addict

The cigarette butt flipped through the air, landing, still smoking slightly, on the arena floor. A second later, a booted foot smashed down on top of it. Vandal straightened as he adjusted from jumping the rail into the arena. A silver lighter and a cigarette were soon produced as he begna to walk across the floor to the staging area. His leather bomber jacket seemed an insane choice to wear in the midst of this heat, but he did not sweat, nor show any discomfort. As he entered the small area for the competitor's, he slid onto a bench, propping his foot on the wall. His eyes slid half closed to dim the sun's glare as he watched the others.

"Well, this should be enjoyable."