ZOMBIE FORUMS

It's a stinking, shambling corpse grotesquely parodying life.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:43 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2003 3:49 pm 
Addict

I figured if you wanted to have a description of your character here for easy reference (and an extra post on your count)You could post, or copy and paste them to this thread. OK here goes, Threep said he wanted DBZ power.

Name: Clay Allison

Main Attribute: Speed

Secondary Attrribute: Physical Strength

Martial Art Style: Muy Thai

Special Ability: Regeneration

Style: Extremely aggressive, tries to close fast to draw opponents into hand to hand combat. Poor at fighting long range with energy.

Moves:

Speed Strike:
High speed flurry of punches delivered when the enemy is caught flat footed.

Haymaker:
Concentrates all of his available energy into one devastating punch (death attack/finishing move).

Persistence of Vision: Appears to attack from the front but actually teleports DBZ style to directly behind his opponent.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Clay_Allison on 2003-01-30 00:52 ]</font>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2003 4:13 pm 
n00b

Name: Chrono
Main Attribute: Speed
Secondary Attribute: Sword(hope thats what you meant)
Special Ability: Adrenaline Rush
Signature Move: Suprise Kick
(Run extremly fast then dart in and kick/punch)
Style: Silent and Deadly
Backround: I am from the mountains far to the north, I wandered from tribe to tribe,city to city fighting the best warriors I could find. I have become tired of this. I travel even now to find the best warriors in the world.

Initated by The Electric Pope

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Chrono on 2003-01-29 15:48 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Chrono on 2003-01-29 19:36 ]</font>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2003 4:16 pm 
Local

Location: Being held upside down over the edge of a bridge somewhere. Oh the suspense!
You might want to include style (strong and silent, lunatic and fast), and background. Although its not essential. Basicly what i want for peoples background, is a guideline for other people to be able to do a decent impression of them in a fight.

Can Clay Allison Change form? (someone has to ask permission before they evolve you or hurt you) Special moves? (you don't have to reveal them all, i'm sure you want some inventive stuff for your own posts), Death move? (again since tis is basicly putting all your power into a finish move you need to ask if you want to use someones ultimate move). Including favoured attributes was good and signature move (doesn't necessarily have to be death move).

Clay the fight doesn't have to be DBZ strength if both people want a mundane fight, say like with knives, but if we do hold it tournament format then i think everyone should be at a standard such as DBZ to avoid the confusion of God vs Gunslinger.

Guybrush: Even BEFORE they smell your breath?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2003 8:00 pm 
Local

Well, I pretty much use standard GURPS supers/magic. Odd combo, that.

<table border=0 cellpadding=2 cellspacing=0><th align="right" nowrap>Name: </th><td>Alice Dorthy</td></tr><th align="right" nowrap>Occupation: </th><td>Wannabe Deity</td></tr><th align="right" nowrap>Main Attribute: </th><td>Magical ability. (GURPS:M)</td></tr><th align="right" nowrap>Secondary Attribute: </th><td>Speed. (GURPS:S)</td></tr><th align="right" nowrap>Special Ability: </th><td>Shadows; control, creation, and use of. (GURPS:S)</td></tr><th align="right" nowrap>Signature Move: </th><td>Shadow Fall</td></tr><th align="right" nowrap>Description: </th><td>Alice usually carries around a pouch of power crystals for all those times she just needs a <i>little</i> more power on hand, and a pouch containing spell shards. These shards look like small polished perfectly spherical stones, but store an immense amount of energy. (I.e. one, powered properly, can destroy a city.) Alice definately has the GURPS disadvantage, "on the edge". Alice also has the annoying habbit of surviving blasts like that.</td></tr></table>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: GothAlice on 2003-01-29 19:01 ]</font>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2003 8:35 pm 
n00b

Sorry to ask, but does GURPS stand for or what is it from, I'm not familar with it.

Initated by The Electric Pope

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2003 9:36 pm 
Addict

I'm in the mood for it. I'm in. You want a description, go to the following:
http://forums.kyhm.com/viewtopic.php?to ... =2&start=6

ps: yeah I know I'm too lazy to write out the html tag, fuggit.

EDIT: Oh and chrono, GURPS: Generic Universal Role Playing System. By Steve Jackson Games, the most flexible pen n paper rpg system I've ever seen. Good shit.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VandalHeart on 2003-01-29 20:38 ]</font>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2003 12:58 am 
Tourist

Gah I really really want to start posting here regularly but since this thread alows (I think) only one character, and I was saving most of my character explanation for the RT2 thread whenever that comes, I have to think of a sensible way to introduce one of my characters with the least amount of confusion. I have 3 characters that I would normaly use for this all have the *required* DBZ like abilities, but I dont want to be a god modder so... well I'll have to think about which one I will use.. I'm leaning towards a girl that can tap* others abilities, giving her close to the strenght of her opponent but not the knowledge or skill of the source.

*Tapping is an ability that works much like power stealing, but it doesn't acctualy steal power, it simply takes the excess and channels it to the user. Tapping has many side effects however such as physical and mental changes. If too much power is tapped too quickly she can acctualy become the person she tapped. Oy, if I had 3 hours I could give a decent explanation of how it all worked and her other things. Well I guess as soon as I get the time I'll update the post.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2003 1:59 am 
Addict

I just updated my character, do I need anything else?

Now the die must fall,
There ain't a winner in this game
Who don't go home with all, Not with all...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2003 6:01 pm 
Local

Location: Being held upside down over the edge of a bridge somewhere. Oh the suspense!
Yeah, thats better Clay. And Vendo, i think that before tapping certain abilities you made need the other persons permission. I don't think someone who had a "unique" transformation or something would be too pleased if you suddeny joined it. plus you just make up a character for this. It's not god moding. It's not like you're using him on someone elses thread without permission. However he/she should be at the same level as the others.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2003 10:47 pm 
Addict

Name: Richard Infedeau

Background: The first son of a British landed night of the Rennaiscence, Richard was meant to inherit his father's rather large estate, but willingly passed it on to his younger brother, as Richard had no desire to rule over peasants and farm land. With his eager sibling at the family head, Richard took what money he had, and toured the continent and Asia Minor, and eventually Asia Major.

While travelling through the Ottoman Empire, Richard was set apon by brigands, was captured, tortured and held to ransom. Druing a rather painful session involving a flaming brand and Richard's back, his power first manifested in bright red energy flowing forth from his hands. This sufficiently scared his captors, that he was soon on his way, and not too much worse for wear.

Confounded by his powers, Richard travelled further east, looking for mystical answers. He found none. He thought the Indian Ascetics fools, the Russian shamans drug-addled, and couldn't coprehend Chinese warrior-monks in the slightest.

Returning home to England, he started to delve into his family history. Not finding much there, he started asking elderly villagers about the history of his family. What he found persistant through all the odd stories he heard about his forefathers, was the constant belief that there was changeling blood in his veins. Through large amounts of digging, and buying lots of ale or strange people, he eventually discovered that both his mother, and his paternal grandfather were both believed to be changelings due to the eccentricity of their actions. The stories were true. Richard was 3/4 fey, and, as such, could draw on large amounts of magic energy to aid him in his need.

Powers: Richard can fly due to magical wings, shoot glowing red bolts from his hands, and has unparralleld vision and hearing. When magically fighting his strength is also increased, as his speed, but not hugely.

As the son of a noble, he was taugh how to fight, and favours the rapier, with which he excels. He is also competent with the dagger, bolo, throwing knives, and the bow and arrow. He can box and wrestle well, but has no knowledge of eastern fighting arts. Though he was once taught an odd Cornish style of fighting that involved large amounts of throwing.

Richard, however, even at his most powerful, is no stronger than a weight-lifter, and no faster than a sprinter. And has a very normal constitution.

He is also prefers not to use his powers, as he doesn't particularly understand them.

Richard can speak fluent English, Latin, Greek, Romance languages, German, Aramaic, and small amounts of Arabic and Russian.

Equipment: Richard always carries a thouroughly non-magical rapier that was given to hi by his father. He has a long dagger that he cannot lose, it always appears by his side at the day's end. He also has a small wooden flute that he plays, a tinder-box, and 5 throwing knives.