ZOMBIE FORUMS

It's a stinking, shambling corpse grotesquely parodying life.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:56 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2003 10:14 am 
<font color=darkred><b>Lorem Ipsum

Madadric Stalks into the small docking field where his transport back to Clay's ship awaits, and heads matter-of-factly to the compact craft of human design.

From the outside, it looks exactly like what it is. A surface-to-orbit shuttle, capacity 6 people, little to no armament. No creature comforts. The outside of the ship shows months or re-entry scorching on the underside pamels, obviously near the end of their rotation.

The Mercenary quickly stomps up the gangway to the airlock, punches in the code, and enters, his hand on the hilt of his NeoDamascus blade.

When he's entered the cramped walkway that connects the cockpit, infirmary, bunks, and other small rooms, and noted that the ship is secure, he relaxes, and even manages a smile for the small Freyan girl as she pokes her head out of the infirmiry. "How'd it go? no bumps?" he asks, walking quickly down the corridoor.

"No, sir. it was just as you said. I wasn't quite sure what you'd need the infirmiry for, so i just prepared general equipment and routines for the mediunit."

"That's fine, kid. That should be all i need, some of the basic surgery routines, wrapping, skingel, painkillers...The computer will tell us what we need."

Mad lays the unconscious boy out on the mediunit bed, and begins stripping him down. "And please don't call me sir, even if i am your client. Here, help me with this sleeve."

Luci gingerly helps take off the boy's clothes, pointedly not looking below his waist, which brings a bemused smile to Mad's lips. Once the injured boy is naked, they strap him down to the sickbed, and mad activates the MediUnit. the device whirrs to life, humming as it scans the body and coallates a health report. The 3 things it notes are the missing limb and resultant wound, and the large amount of tranquilizers in his bloodstream, along with noticable amounts of alcohol.

"damn, this kid's young to be putting away that much booze," mad mutters as he makes the recommended selections on the display screen.

"There, it'll fix him up while we get the hell offa this hole. Which i'll need your help to do. Iv'e only had very basic pilot training."

The girl nods, looking at the face of the young man on the table as she habitually folds his clothes and puts them in a nearby locker, placing a strange watch-thing and a small flask on top of them. "that boy...isn't he..."

"Jaeron Rand? Yeah. I was paid to make it look like he was killed on this planet, but to actually smuggle him off. as a part of my crew, you get a cut, say, 20% to start with? i still have other partners to share with first."

As the two leave the infirmiry and head tto the small cockpit, the girl asks another question. "um...how much is that?"

Mad laughs. "Enough, it's enough."

Upon seating themselves in the cockpit, and familiarizing themselves with the controls, they find that there isn't much to do, the ship has good stealth, which mad had paid through the nose for, and a state-of-the-art autopilot AI, all mad had to do was tell it where to go. he punched in the first set of co-ordinates, in orbit, where he could contact Clay and go from there.

"well, Kid, lets get the hell out of here!" Genuinely in good spirits, he grins at the alien girl, who can't help but grin back.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2003 3:01 am 
Addict

Oula sighed as she finished her drink, remembering the details of what happened was painful, she turned to look at Clay and smiled, "I guess there is no way out of telling you is there?" Clay grinned slightly and shook his head slowly, letting out another sigh, she rested the glass on her lap, "the story goes, that there is a planet, with a civilisation that once lived there, Old race, wiped out, no one knows why. I assume you've heard this all before, yes?"

"Well yeah, I mean, who hasn't haunted planets, dead cities, ancient technology, the galaxy is rife with them. None exist mind..."

Oula smiled down at the glass, "one is true" she offered simply "A small asteroid, nothing to big, easily missed or discarded, nothing special about it, inside though, is supposed to be a treasure that guarantees the knowledge of the gods"

At this Kash and Clay both turned to her, it also seemed the Lokists also were watching her

"gods?" Clay said cynically "Ha! Ha, Ha, Haa! That’s a good one girl! Ha Haa! I never knew Freyans had such good humour, or such gullibility"

"Pass me that,” she said, pointing at a pad. Clay passed her the pad and she tapped a few digits, screwing up her face, trying to wade through the thoughts she had. When she finished, she put the data up on a larger screen; co-ordinates came up showing an area of space.

"There’s nothing there?"

"Just because you can't see it, doesn't mean it isn't there. Ship, have you finished with my coat?"

"Almost" replied the synthesised voice

"Does it work enough for a demonstration?" she asked

"... ... ...Only partially, we are not very familiar with the layout nor have a complete..."

"Just do it" Kash Barked. The voice fell silent; the coat laid out on a table began to shimmer slightly as parts of it began to lose its opacity. Clay stood up sharply and walked over to it touching the parts that had gone, feeling the fabric still there "it's all wrapped up in mystic tales and mythology, it may not be the knowledge of the gods per say, but that coat was from there, I have been searching for exact location of it's origin for a long time now"

Clay turned back to Oula with a quizzical look "my findings lead me to that planet, one of the people down there knew the location, but was too stupid to do anything with that knowledge, all I had to do was wait for the right time, take the knowledge, and escape, albeit, a slight more dramatic than I had hoped"

"You set me up?" Clay accused

Oula shrugged, "In a way, you're arrival was very welcome, the previous chance was, less successful shall we say. If you want money, that’s where it is,” she said as she pointed at the silently blipping screen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2003 2:04 pm 
Addict

Clay leaned back, sanity and curiosity warred withing him, both rolling into place and setting up picket lines. The fighting looked like a bloody standstill untill a third force joined the fray and won the day, Soundly defeating sanity: He had always had a thing for Freyans...

Without a word he walked slowly over to fill a mug with the Ale that the Freyans brewed. He drained it effortlessly. With an odd smile on his face he turned and looked at Oula. A look that made one think that he was not too comfortable with the sanity lavel in the room, particularly his own.

"OK, I'll do it. Everbody has to be a fool at least once, this will make seven or eight for me. Lets go find the gods and ask them why they have been doing such a piss-poor job."

Now the die must fall,
There ain't a winner in this game
Who don't go home with all, Not with all...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2003 10:45 pm 
Local

Kash listened in silence till the Nanos where done repairing his broken form. When they where done Kash fliped into a siting posiiton and cracjed his neck loudly.

"Well, since I don't have anything better to do at the moment im in."

With that kash fliped up a command pannel and gave the ship it's new course settings.

"Well who's up for some dinner?"

"There can be only one!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2003 9:57 am 
Addict

"Ah, dinner, now that is a word most welcome to my ears! I haven't eaten a bite since I was at your boxing match. What can your Nanites fix? Any chance they can make a Beer to go along with it?"

Clay took his equipment (that that he had left with him) and inventoried it, punching queries into the computer terminal that interfaced with the nanites about ammunition resupply, replacementd for other articles he usually needed, and armor repair, since most of his gear had stayed with Adric.

He continually caught himself glancing over at Oula whenever his thoughts wandered, he monitored them very well and he kept his mind mostly sheilded, but he worried that even with his training the general edge to what he felt and thought would make itself obvious. There was no way to diguise basic things, like anger, hunger or....or.... he shook his head before he allowed himself to broadcast it everywhere and turn a subtle undertone into a Billboard. Fortunately, Freyans are very rarely offended by thoughts, they realized when they first met the denizens of earth that humans weren't telepathic and were unable to keep from being rude or blunt in their minds. Only the most hateful and violent thoughts bothered them and his were neither. Still, he didn't want to cause undue tension....

Now the die must fall,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2003 12:38 pm 
Local

Kash nodded at Clay and then stepped out of the room, a wide grin on his face.

"Ohh my good Clay, the nanites can fix up just about anything your can think of, and it's all very tasty." Kash then inhaled deeply through his nose at the thought. "Indeed some of the best food around."

With this Kash lead his two guests through the ship to the dinning hall, a rather well furnished room compared to most in the ship, with a decidedly Earth styled decour. Offering his two guests seats at the large Hexagon shaped table he smiled as they sat, then took his own chair.

"Use the small comp. screens at your place settings to order what you like, it will be brought out shortly, you see while the ship "can" make anything directly I prefer the taste if it makes the raw materials that are then cooked by hand."

After saying this Kash pulled up the menu on his screen and ordered one of his prefered meals. A large meat Pizza with a side of French bread and a jug of Cider.

"mmmmMMmm nothing like getting nearly killed to make you enjoy life!"

"There can be only one!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2003 12:49 pm 
Addict

Clay had a 32 oz steak with a loaf of Black Bread, a 32 oz steak for desert, and a 64 oz Jug of Mead to wash it down.

He ate with a knd of singular purpose that was almost disturbing, As if he was for a moment totally focused on nothing but the motions and sensations of eating. When he finished, he walked over to a couch and reclined on it, putting his feet up.

The Nanites were overseeing his weapons restocking and he was a man of few worries. So he had traded one odd partner for another, Adric still owed him of course, but they'd meet up again later. For now he had a new team. One that included...end that train of thought.

Then his thoughts started to stray and he felt sleepy. He almost thought he could hear the nanites...damn...he COULD hear them. They were speaking to him, sort of, they were calibrating, finding his brain wave patterns so they could talk to him directly. odd... nothing to do but wait...

Now the die must fall,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2003 10:14 am 
Addict

Watching Clay Allison eat brought a certain amount of amusement to Oula "very typical" she thought to herself, but then, his build and athletic nature demanded that amount of nutrition.

Oula had helped herself to the nutrient packs, drinking them from a glass and eating other more solid versions, Kash claimed he never really liked them and only kept them because the Lokists insisted on it. She liked them, there were better delicacies, things that tasted better, but nothing that really appealed to her. As she chewed on the soft bar of raw nutrients, she looked around the room she was in.

"Shhh... *Gulp* Ship? What type of engine do you run?" she enquired

"A Garshula-75T-LR Flight weight, Martyr Class, with 570k of.."

"Ok, ok ok. Does it still use the Central pull cooling system?"

"Yes, it does, although compared to the upgraded MicroWeave system it is a remarkably inferior system, but Kash seems to appreciate it. Aesthetically speaking, it is pleasant"

A small smile appeared on her face, picking up her remaining food packet she got up from the table and left the room.

"Uhh, what was that about?" Clay asked

"Come on Ship, I am not going to sabotage it, that would make no sense, would it not?"

The panel next to the door in front of her blipped for a few seconds then turned green and the door opened. Walking into the tightly packed room, it wasn't like an engine room at all, surrounding the walls were rippled with pipes that were filled wires and other important system requirements, a few jutted out from the walls and into the centre of the room, where a large sphere of water encased some complex machinery which emitted a soft white light from the centre, giving the room an almost alive feel as the rippling water caused the light to refract on the surfaces around it.

As she neared the sphere, she saw a large reclining chair to her left, she smiled at it "Aesthetically pleasant" She turned back to the sphere and brought a hand to it, hovering over the edge, she closed her eyes and dipped her hand in and drew a small quick breath, "has it really been so many years?" she thought to herself. Opening her eyes again with a steely determination in them, she removed her top.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2003 7:46 am 
Addict

Clay nearly laughed to himself as he stood unobserved in the doorway of the engine room, watching Oula.

Hah, I'm not really here! He thought. I'm still on the couch having a pleasant dream, that's the only thing for it. These things don't happen to me. Nice dream though.

Clay remained perfectly still in the way that only a man with Sniper training can, as if afraid to disturb the surface tension of the dream. He had often hidden in plain sight that way, people see you not moving, but they overlook you as if you were furniture. His breating was shallow, he kept having to consciously lower his heart rate. Still, some things were still autonomic. Oh well, it was dark, his coveralls were dark, no harm done.

Now the die must fall,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2003 8:42 am 
Local

Kash sat alone on the bridge...he was borred.

"Ship where are my guests" He asked

"The engine room." came the respones.

"WHAAA!?" Kash sat up...what they hell were they doing in there.

"Umm why did you let them in there exactly?"

"Oula assured us nothing would come to harm." they responded.

"Hum well, put it on the Big screen anyway...don't like people I just met in vital areas of the Ship."

Kash watched as the screen flickered to life...well there was Oula...but what the hell was she doing...ohh well. But where was Clay...

"Compture IR screen."

Kash watched as the image changed...now he could see Clay...

"well, well, this is intersting..." Kash mused...

"There can be only one!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2003 9:14 am 
Addict

"Water" she thought, "all life is from it, needs it, and goes back to it, you cannot survive without it. Except on that planet, why did you go there? What ever possessed you? Creating this false life just to find the last piece of this puzzle, why did you...nngh!"

Oula stopped her train of thought, and her elegant winding around the pipes leading into the core of engine. She let herself go limp and allowed her natural buoyancy to take her to the surface of the water. Well, surface in the sense that she was no longer submerged, but in reality she was facing almost horizontally at the walls, she opened her eye and looked out. "This is good" she reminisced as a smile crept on her face "I have not done this since, hmm, I wonder where she is now, that damned holder had better still have her"

She noticed she had tensed up quite a lot, and let herself go limp again as she slowly arced around the water "it's cooler than her, heh, probably because I ran her too high" she closed her eyes and sighed, as a warm feeling came over her, bringing a hand to her abdomen, she stroked the area where a belly button would be idly, if she were human.

"!"

She snapped open her eyes and looked to what was up to her. The room was quite dark, but her eyes had adjusted long ago, and she could clearly see Clay Allison, swaying slightly with a smile on his face in the doorway "J'sein wept, what is he doing" she whispered to herself. Clay didn't move he just stood there, smiling.

With a quick manoeuvre, she dipped into the water swam down to the floor of the room. With as much delicacy as she could muster, she jumped from the water, and only just managed to adapt her centre of gravity before she hit the floor with a dull thud. She stood up and walked over to Clay, who, with half closed eyes watched her on her approach, leaving small wet footprints behind her.

"..." he tried to start, ever so gently. Oula stopped before him and crossed her arms, there was no movement from him.

Oula smiled, he was almost adorable. Clay tried to say somthing but was stopped by a wet finger on his lips "ssshhhhh...It is ok Clay" she pushed gently and he stumbled back a bit. The door closed between them. Oula shook her head, "men" she grumbled to herself as she turned back to the coolant pool. "Ship, would it be much trouble to lock the door so he doesn't come in again?"

"Of course" came her reply; she smiled and jumped into the sphere again

"I have locked the door" the computer informed Kash. He didn't hear it; he was rolling around on the floor, laughing loudly.

Last edited by Indigo on Mon Aug 04, 2003 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2003 10:43 am 
Addict

[OOC: give Clay some credit, if he can't think of anything coherent to say, he doesn't say anything.]

Clay watched silently for a long time, hoping he wouldn't forget this dream when he awoke. his dreams usually only left him with impressions, not real memories, and his happiness for the moment wa mixed with sadness that it would be lost when he woke.

Suddenly whether visually or mentally, Oula noticed him, and in a moment, she had jumped from the water and landed naked and dripping in front of him, at that moment he realized it wasn't a dream. And all of the emotions in his head got to their feet and started shouting and throwing things, Shock was the first to rush the podium supported by embarrassment. Confusion tripped embarrassment and kicked hin hard in the short ribs. Reason tackled Panic on the way to the door and pounded on his head shouting for order. Lust and Shame were almost at the point of drawing knives on each other and finally, Common Sense got everyone to shut up.

Outwardly, all that happend was that Clay's smile was a bit more embarrassed, his eyebrows raised and he shrugged, registering his helplessness. He was at a total loss.

She placed a wet finger on his lips and reason excused itself to go have a stiff drink. Panic hid under a table. Lust beat into unconsciousness with a rather stout Black Walnut chair. Common sense sat down with his face in his hands cried while Deliberation, the seargent at arms, ejected the rowdier members from the Parlaiment.

In some rational corner of his mind, Clay was sure that the turmoil could be no less mystifying to her than to him. he looked into her eyes and allowed his pained expression to soften at the lack of anger there.

"ssshhhhh...It is ok Clay" She said soflty. she pushed lightlty and he backed out through the door more in response to her will than the pressure.

As the door closed he turned slowly and walked back to one of the chairs and sat down, still in something of a trance, then the emotions filed back into the Assembly room with 2x4s and rocks and started a great bloody row.

Now the die must fall,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2003 2:33 pm 
Addict

Walking out of the door, wringing her hair Oula walked back to the main room lightly perched on the chair and began braiding her hair. She watched the monitor at where they were and where thay were going. Clay walked in, she smiled at him and started on another braid.

"we are nearly there by the looks of things, a few more hours and we should be able to see it. Hmm, it's going to be good, I cannot wait to see what they have in there." she smiled to herself and began musing as to what they might come accross, keeping an eye on the monitor incase of any other ships which may be tracking them. Finishing another braid, she looked around to see Kash and Clay just sitting, not speaking. She paused. Looking from face to face, neither of them would make eye contact, except Kash, who quickly glanced at her and then away.

"..." she looked down.

"Oh, you two could have said somthing earlier" she grumbled as she made her way back to get her clothes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2003 7:12 am 

Luci starts from her light doze in the second pilot's chair of the little shuttle, awkoen but the insistent beep of the flight console. A quick look discerns that it's the alert announcing that the shuttle had reached orbit.

Luci then looks at Mad, quickly typing something with one hand as the other reaches into a small satchel type pocket on his army-style jacket. The man pulls out a small vial, pops the lid expertly, and drops a few pills inot his mouth, all without stopping his typing.

"What are those?" luci asks, watching the mercenary pocket the vial again.

"mostly caffiene. a few other ingredients. in there as well."

"caffiene...that's what is in coffee yes? it keeps you awake?"

Mad swallows the pills dry, and finishes typing on the keypad, and plugs in a small portable PDA unit, running an encryption program from it.

"yeah. i don't like sleeping much. i get bad dreams, some really fucked up shit. can you turn that beeping off?"

Luci reaches over and switches off the alter that had woken her as mad sends the encrypted message to Clay.

Clay, you fucking asshole.

What the hell was that shit back on BC-III? i'm guessing either you went totally fucking insane, or met up with some skirt you got a fancy for.

I thought I was supposed to be the unpredictable one.

At any rate, we're in orbit. Me, my crew, and our new minor partner, and one passenger, a Mr. Jaeron Rand, sans arm. We are also a buttload richer, so those overhauls and such aren't a problem. easy street, my friend.

All i need is your location and destination, and i will see you there for our next step

Mad out.

Mad leans back, rubbing his face. his stubble makes a sound like sandpaper, and he lets out a tired little groan as he takes a few moments to gather his thoughts until the caffiene kicks in. Soon, it begins doing it's work, and he feels more alert, if not rested. He looks over to Luci, obviously tired, but very apprehensive.

"kid, could yuo go and check on Rand for me? just check that the medunit's done and that he's well sedated. I imagine he'll be fairly pissed when he wakes up, and i really can't be bothered with that right now."

The girl nods, undoes the buckles for the zero-G straps on her chair and she lightly steps down the hall.

Despite the caffiene, Mad's head droops, heavy with exhaustion. it'd been 36 hours since he'd slept, and that had only been 2 hours of dreamless bliss induced by yet more drugs. Mad's head snaps up with fear when he realizes he'd almost dridted off.

"fucking hell. iv'e been going too longonce we're on our way, i'll take some of the greens and get a few hours' rest. Better than nodding off accidentally."

The Hindsberg Technique is a powerful tool for protecting information, but it comes at a very high cost to the individual.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2003 12:49 pm 
Addict

Sean sat alone in the cockpit of Amanda's ship. The city had gone to hell in a handbasket. He sat and listened to the intercept he was getting, a small cord running from his neck to the console in front of him. Amanda had gone back to sleep, too exhausted to do much else right now, leaving him to watch over the craft and it's two occupants.

"The fuck did you two do... fuck... did you even make it out alive this time... only one way to find out, I supose. "

His still human eye closing, a barrage of icons and strings of information appeared. Green light seemed to surround him, seeming hyper realistic. Mentally though, he knew it was only a representation of the computer's working systems. Tapping into the ship's communications system, he used the equipment and protocols already present, which were impressive in their own right, and his own knowledge and capabilities to broadcast an encrypted message, the key known only to himself, madadric, and Clay.

<i>Mad, Clay, whoever gets this. Assuming you didn't get yourselves blown up that is. I'm still back orbiting this goddamn rock with an narcoleptic woman with a bullet wound in her back. If it's possible, you fuckers, give me some damned coordinates, or something and I will get away from this clusterfuck of a colony and come find you. Maybe I'll have the girl with me, and maybe not. Either way, give me a heads up. Vandal out. </i>

He sighed, opening his eye and looking around the cabin.

"Suppose I should get aquainted with this thing's capabilities."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2003 7:35 pm 
Addict

"Clay, you fucking asshole.

What the hell was that shit back on BC-III? i'm guessing either you went totally fucking insane, or met up with some skirt you got a fancy for.

I thought I was supposed to be the unpredictable one.

At any rate, we're in orbit. Me, my crew, and our new minor partner, and one passenger, a Mr. Jaeron Rand, sans arm. We are also a buttload richer, so those overhauls and such aren't a problem. easy street, my friend.

All i need is your location and destination, and i will see you there for our next step

Mad out. "

"You two make such a great team you know?"

"Hrmph" Grunted Clay.

"Well, we can invite him, but the less people that know about this, the better it is for me to be honest with you. His "expertise" could be useful I guess, but I don't like the sound of "crew". It is your call, but I say rendevous somwhere else, possibly meaga-santi, Nice place, easy to sell items without many questions, I even have a few contacts there..."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2003 6:54 pm 
Local

Kash glanced from one to the other. Then nodding he rose and walked to the hatch of the dinning room.

"You guys figure out where we are going, and get who you want to come with us there. I've got a few things to attend to."

With that Kash ducked out the hatch and headed down the corridors to his office. After enter he locked the hatch, opened the safe and removed the crystal. Turning it over in his hands he shook his head slightly and placed it in the reader. The large screen behind his desk changed from the nature seen it had been playing to a Grid system, sighing he sat down in his chair and leaned back.

"well...this is sis's information on the plague to date...better start at the begining."

"There can be only one!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 4:02 am 
Addict

As the bullet flew towards her, she closed her eyes. She felt the bullet penetrate her skull and invade the soft mush of her brain, the feeling changed into an image of a map, the last thing she saw as blackness to over and, "!" She inhaled the sharp cold air and snapped her eyes open.

Breathing for a while, motionless, jet black eyes showing no sign of moment. She twitched her head to the side, and quickly looked around, "Where...?" she thought, as she lay covered by a cylindrical dome of ice. Looking down toward her left hand, she saw and felt a small pad, pressing a few sequences, a sprightly beeping noise followed by a large cracking came from all around and she let out a little scream. The ice lifted from above her and swept down by her side. That's when she felt a deep throbbing cold from all around her, invading and stealing the warmth from her body. She winced and got up, small wires and diodes popping off her body.

She was clothed, but only in a small white sleeveless, one-piece HyberSuit. She rubbed her naked arms and looked around for something to warm her, she pulled open a nearby wall door, ice cracked and fell off as a massively large brown overcoat was inside, she took it and shut the door.

As she walked around the room, she could sense other people in similar looking tubes, it was then she noticed a red flashing panel on the wall, pressing it, she read the message. Furrowing her brow at the display she pressed it again and an arrow flashed up, she followed. Corridor after ice-coated corridor, she walked following the arrows on the wall until she came to a door. Walking up to it, she nearly bumped straight into the door, as it didn't open. She quickly stood back from the door, and stared up at it. Half the door was covered in ice, sealed shut, as was the motion sensor bar above the door, creasing her brow, she opened her mouth "..O..Ghuh!" She bent over and gagged, gasping for air she stood up straight again, coughed and hacked, then fell to a knee. Opening her mouth again, she made some guttural choking noises until some bars of tone started to come through, "Ough, Ohghp....Ohpennn nuh! Oughpen!" She eked out with all her might, the door mechanism whirred heavily, straining against the crippling cold that had grasped it, "Oh, Open!", the door gave a mighty whir and rendered the ice from it with a ripping noise.

The room inside was like all the others but larger and with a window that semi-circled around the end half. Looking around with a confused look on her face, she went up to the main pad and touched it. The whole room suddenly came alive as lights illuminated the entire room. She looked at the screen in front of her as it booted up.

"...What the fuck?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 8:20 am 

It wakes suddenly, yellow-in-crimson eyes staring up through a long red fringe, fixed with wordless terror on the low surface above it. It breathes heavily, it's heaving gasps misting in the coffin-like chamber, it's heartbeat thudding in it's ears. It doesn't remember what had it so terrified, and for that, it gives wordless thanks. Suddenly, it starts, realizing something is wraped around it, draped over it. Panicked, it tears at the thin cloth, panting and whimpering in a cracked, hoarse voice as it's nails leave red marks on it's pale, cold skin.

It bunches the flimsy white material into a ball, and pushes it as far away as possible, those feral eyes still staring with a mixture of terror and ferocity. It goes to sit up, and bumpbs it's head firmly on the top of it's coccoon. It lets it's head drop back down, momentarily stunned by this new development before it flies into another terrified fit, thrashing about inside the cold compartment, it's limbs flailing about frantically. A hand slams into a panel at the side of the prison, and the ceiling suddenly jolts to life, startling the creature inside to absolute stillness.

The device jerkily splits down the middle, and then the two parts, cold to the touch, slide smoothly apart and down. The cold room is still for several seconds, just the misty breath of the device's inhabitant wafting up. Then, cautiously, the creature raises it's head, eyes darting around the room.

In a swift, fluid motion, the creature tumbles over the side of it's cradle, landing quietly on all fours on the icy metal floor. Silently, it shivers as it moves about the room, sometimes moving on all fours, sometimes in a crouched walk, looking like some wild creature in a man's body.

It comes to the open door, pads cautiously down the icy corridoor, then hesitates at the next doorway. It can hear movement in the next room, something else.

Instinctively, it crouches low, huddled at the door, and carefully peers around the edge.It sees another creature, covered in fur, long black-blue hair, the face a blueish colour, black, black eyes. It narrows it's own eyes at the stranger, trying to gauge it. Predator...or prey?

The blue creature suddenly turns sharply, as though it had heard something, looking at the doorway. It makes a sound, a strage call that confuses the red-haired creature. Instinctively, it ducks low, reaching for something at it's waist - that isn't there - and readies to pounce before it is attacked.

OOC: The indeterminate length of time asleep has left mad completely vulnerable to his night terrors from the Hindsberg Technique. He has completely forgotten not only who he is, but also his humanity. he has regressed to little more than animal cunning and untrained intellect. /OOC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 1:18 pm 
Addict

After toiling with some of the controls, Oula began to grow weary "Why don't they ever think of people who are slightly smaller than others" She said as she adjusted the coat "a simple panal, closer to the floor, that's all I would like, but noooooo, everyone who travels space is at least 7 feet ta..!" She whipped her head around and moved some hair out of her face "Who's there?" she demanded, a small noise was the only clue of presence. She bobbed her head at the corner and gave a quick mental scan, pulling back as images of pure horror invaded her thoughts, "Gah! Uh! Mmm, Mad? Mad is that you? Come here, I need your help"

"Mad?" She pulled up the coat close to her as she crossed her arms and wandered to the corner, "Mad Adric? What's wrong, why aren't you..." She paused a few feet away from the corner as she heard the sound of deep gutteral heavy breathing "Shit!" Oula uttered to herself as she stepped back and fumbled in the pockets of the coat, "Come on Clay, you always had a gun on you, please tell me you just leave them in your pockets, fucking please!"

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next