ZOMBIE FORUMS

It's a stinking, shambling corpse grotesquely parodying life.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:19 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 127 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: A New Wilderness To Tame
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 12:23 am 
Addict

Clay and Madadric gripped the seats of the poorly maintained transport pod as they screamed from orbit to the surface of the red mining planet. It was a bigger Mars, with a breathable atmosphere. Bravo-Charlie III, desolate hell that it was, had one important thing....Tungsten mines. The Mines had been among the most profitable in the local star cluster, until -as mad put it- "Some limp Commie showed up and gave the bogans religion".

Clay was an expert in strongarm tactics, he had made the rank of Full Major in the Police-Action Forces on Earth. He had crushed violent resistance of all kinds, from open rebellion to sabotage. And he was there to play "good cop".

The "bad cop" was Madadric. A mercenary and revolutionary. He had spent ten years on the PAF Red List for international enemies of peace. Clay finally caught him and beat his Guerillas in what became known as the "Last Battle". Madadric was captured and held in a Max Sec prison, refusing to be rehabilitated, until an odd rescuer came to him.

Clay had resigned his commission with full honors to go into space after his passion...fighting. He had cleaned up the town, but he was not about to help police it. He Needed a partner, a killer like him, and one who would leave the "paradise" of earth. He found his man, and bought him out of prison on the condition that they would leave earth behind.

They came to BC-III with reputations, but they came to solidify them.

Th pod crashed down and Clay fought to get his breath back and after an effort came up cursing, ripping off his safety harness and kicking the door open with more force than necessary.

"Get out you bastard! I didn't pull your ass out of prison for your poetry writing skills, come to think of it I didn't put you in there for that either! Come on we got 10 Clicks to town so we'd better grab our guns and get moving!"

Now the die must fall,
There ain't a winner in this game
Who don't go home with all, Not with all...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 1:57 am 
<font color=darkred><b>Lorem Ipsum

""fuck, hang on..." the voice from inside the pod is in it's early to mid 20's, and very irritated. much grumbling and swearing is acompanies by loud clanks and clicks and such, and finally, a man of average height, and average build emerges from the pod.

The first noticable thing about this man is his hair. reasonably long, and phenomenonally messy, it is a solid crimson/maroon, obviously either dyed, or gentically modified to look as such.

Glaring through the wildly erratic hair at clay, are two of the most unusual eyes to ever be in a human head. the irises are of a bright crimson, and the pupils a strong, vibrant yellow. obviously another genetic modification, but as to whether the enhancement is purely cosmetic, no one is entirely sure.

The man throws his partner/commander one of the high power/low kick rifles he is carrying, followed by a pistol of similar design, both types are standard ballistic weapons, however, the kick is heavily reduced and stopping power is increased thanks to advances in technology. Easy to maintain and reliable, these are guns that are familiar, and the staple across known space.

"My poetry is some of the best in KS* man, no-one can dislike the poetic way i spray bullets at assholes. Speaking of which, how far we have to fucking walk to this commie rathole..and who we shooting at when we get there?"

Madadric slings the shotgun-like weapon over his shoulder and looks around the red desert, obviously unimpressed with the alien landscape.

"wouldn't you know it, the first planet i hit since leaving "perfect mother earth" and it's a fucking desert full of commies...remind me to thank you some day asshole." While his words seem bitter, there is some sign of respect and comradeship in Mad's voice for his travelling companion. the guy did get him out of jail (even if Clay was the one that put him there, but that was just work.) and off earth, something the mercenary may not have been able to afford off his own bat, what with the govornment regulating earth space so heavily, and mad being a wanted criminal and all.

*KS: short for Known Space.

Last edited by madadric on Wed May 07, 2003 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 10:20 am 
Addict

Somewhere closeby a dogfight was just reaching it's conclusion. Only two ships were left. One of them belonged to People's Police Force. It was heavily damaged and hung in the void of space like a beached whale. The other one was a small fighter. It seemed military grade, but had clearly been worked on a lot, both enhancements, removal of security devices and field repairs with inadequate equipement. It seemed to have failed to get out of the battle unscathed as well, though one of the engines was still operational, and it's main weapons could fire off some shots before some parts would fry themselves as well.

In the cockpit sat a rather young male figure. The face still hadn't lost the awkwardness of adolescence. the blood that pasted on the right side, seeping from a wound on his forehead beneath the beginning of the long, black curly hair, looked out of place. So were the eyes that were burning in anger.

"We're being hailed Jeroen" The voice from the board computer sounded. A piece of machinery was fixed to the standard board computer, explaining why the voice was not the regular pleasant fe;ale voice, but the voice of a man in his fourties, calling the pilot by his name.

The boy scowled and looked at the ship. "Put him through father."

The image on the sreen was static, but the sound from the other ship could be heard. "Citizen..Jeroen Rand... this is Comrade Corporal Hanal Dakil of the People's Police Force."

"You have twenty seconds to tell me what you want." Rand answered.

"I would request your surrender." Rand's eyes grew wide. "The proposition has been made before, but if you were to lay down your arms peacably it would benefit you on your trial. I am certain that considering your young age and the deplorable circumstances of your childhood, the courts would be just and merciful regarding your crimes against the Human Collective and..."

"SHUT UP!" Rand had been listening with increasing anger. "I had expected you to beg for your life, I was even considering not blasting your triple damned ass from this part of the galaxy. But now you come and ask me to GIVE UP? I will never, NEVER give up trying to you and your MASTERS from dirtying the name of the Cause for this...this SICK JOKE of a utopia!" Rand was yelling in the microphone

"Be reasonable Citizen Rand, surely the great advancements that..."

"I don't care about your stories." Rand closed the channel. "Die, pig!" With a press of the button, the fighter opened fire on the police vessel. seconds later it exploded.

Rand leaned back in his chair. The computer spoke again. "No enemy ships anywhere in sight Rand. The ship's pretty severely damaged though. I advice landing here." The screen showed the advised landing on Bravo-Charlie-III. "It'll be rather risky, 80% chance of survival but it's the only option. I don't know if the ship will be salvageable."

Rand nodded,. "Okay father." He brought a small device to the wound on his head. The device sputtered a bit and gave an error message and he threw it away in disgust. "I guess I should download you again in case the ship's computer is destroyed."

"Indeed." Rand moved his hand to the computer. Suddenly the voice spoke again. "It is now exactly 16 years ago that you were born. Happy birthday son." Rand hesitated for a second, then pushed some more buttons and a small device came out of the computer. He put it in a small bag on his belt.

"Board computer silent." Rand took a piece of cloth and wrapped it around his head. After that he leaned his head back and took a bottle from his belt. He poured the liquid in his throat and shuddered as the burning sensation of the alcohol burned through his body. "Thanks dad." He then fatsened the securities and prepared himself for the emergency landing.

Half an hour later on Bravo Charlie III the sound of the crashing spaceship died down. The fighter was still whole, but barely. Still in the cocpit was Rand's figure, unconscious and exposed to the burning son through a hole in the cockpit.

Wait, this isn't chewing gum!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 11:41 pm 
Addict

Clay and Madadric put their rifles in compact mode and stowed them in their backpacks, their handguns concealed out of sight and within reach. Additional ammo and weapons in very harmless looking duffel bags, with more waiting for them in town. After getting everything useful they turned and walked steeadily toward their goal, the capitol (and operationally only) city on B-C III.

Clay: "18.35 Klicks, Clyde-damnit!"

Mad: "I only asked how far to the bleeping town!"

Clay: "You asked that 30 minutes ago..

Mad: "And?"

Clay: "You should have figured out how fast we are moving after asking every half hour for the last 6 hours! You led me 100 Klicks through the South American Jungles and finally into Peru! They made a movie about us Mad! Most of the money I have left is from selling off the movie rights to our story, and you are complaining about the walk!"

Mad: ""Excuse me Bogan-Cunt, but it's hard to stay in shape when you spend a year in a cell and six months on a starship!"

Clay: "Alright! Fine! Let me tell you a bit about the guy we are going to persuade. It only took him two months to take over the alfass workers union they had here and force an antisocial stand after crashlanding here. He's a Clyde-be-damned radical commie, worse than my old bosses, gave the goombas religion. They think they have intrinsic rights and even worse, that that gives them some kind of bargaining position. We have to do this sugically, with no martyrs, somehow get these people to negotiate a deal and pick up the dough."

Now the die must fall,

Last edited by Clay_Allison on Thu May 08, 2003 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2003 1:50 pm 
Local

The sound of the crowd cheering filled the air as the warm sunlight poured in from the open roof of the Stadium. The red sky and bright sun were all that could be seen.

“Hum not a cloud in the sky today” though Kask, however this pleasant thought was interrupted by his opponent attempting to remove his head with a right hook.

Kash circled away from the hairy human miner, seeing the furrowed sweaty brow of his enraged adversary brought a thought to his lips.

“Damn, they sure do grow you boys ugly on this dirt ball don’t they?”

The man yelled In rage as the crowd booed and swung again, Kash turned the blow outward and then brought his own left hook down the mans arm catching him in the jaw, which sent him reeling backwards. The man recovered and shook the sweat/blood from his face.

Kash smiled wryly as he jogged in place: “care for another?”

The man leaped forward with uncanny speed and put his full weight behind a lighting upper-cut, which caught Kask sharply on the chin.

“Damn it” Kask thought as he sprung backwards. He wiped blood from his chin and popped his neck.

“This guy is a little better than I thought, ohh well, too bad, he still doesn’t have a chance.”

Kask Smiled at his foe as the bell rang ending the round. The man walked back to his screaming manager and was attended by several assistants who wiped at his wounds and gave him water. Kask sat down slowly in the challengers’ corner and took a gulp of water before looking up at the sky. Kash then turned his eyes to the cheering crowds.

“Hummm” he mused, “They sure do seem to like that guy, too bad they will be disappointed today.”

Kash then looked to the VIP box, where his manager was sitting, staring coolly at the ring, he also saw that the leader of the labor union was also present, the man looked mad, not surprising, the man across the ring from Kask is his brother.

Kash sighed. “Well if I win I’m still the loser of this fight, well that’s life for you.” Kash stretched as he waited for the bell to ring again…

"There can be only one!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2003 9:52 pm 
Addict

Clay and Mad arrived in the town to find that the whole damned town had gone to a fight. A giant party to celebrate violence, plus plenty of beer to wash down the desrt they just swallowed appealed to them so much that they spent little time ditching their heavier equipment in the crappy quarters they'd had set up for them before they joined the action.

The party didmeet their expectations, plenty of beer, and not all of the violence was inside the ring. Regretfully they skirted it to keep a low profile.

Clay: "See that fat fuck up there? He used to run the union before the pimple-faced mesiah showed up and took, over, now he's just a figurehead, and I hear that's his brother getting his ass kicked by the Kat."

Mad: "What do we do now?"

Clay: "We look for someone who can lead us to the pubeless little prick before he causes this whole town to go to Your-Hell-Of-Choice."

[OOC: this is the place to show up if you want to jump in!]

Now the die must fall,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 2:06 am 
Addict

"WHAT! That, that ANIMAL beat my brother!" screamed one of the men in the booth, watching the fight, "I'm going to kill it, I fucking swear I’m going to KILL IT!"

"Calm down" said another man, levelly "you needn’t worry, I had a counter bet on him, we still win"

"But..." he began

"I said, don't worry."

"...Ok, y, you’re right" he breathed, clearly still vexed from his brothers defeat, but obeying the man.

Looking down, he surveyed the chaos that was ensuing, "it's beautiful, isn't it. B-C III, on of the most hellish, unforgiving planets, and they're loving it. Ha! Give them blood, and they'll work harder, give them booze, and they'll work longer, I'm sur..." he cut off before the end of his sentence as he noticed two men, circling the riot that was taking place beneath them. "Well well, what do we have here, Clay Allison and his newly aquatinted partner, Adric the mad." sitting back down, we wiped his hand over the lower part of his face. "They’re probably after him. You" he pointed at one of the men behind him, "go tell him we have some unexpected guests"

"Yessir!" he uttered as he ran out of the room.

"Hmmm, Oula my dear, come here" he gestured with his hand

"Yes" came a womans voice from the back of the room, stepping forward a freyan came into view

"We have a problem, I want you to distract it for me."

"As you wish, sir" she said plainly as she turned to leave the room

"Oh, and Oula? Don’t go getting any ideas like last time, or I’ll see that you can be the next 'relief' that the workers receive"

"U, understood" she lightly uttered as she left the room.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 12:27 pm 
Addict

Sean climbed from the cockpit of the small shuttle, it's engine having completely failed during the landing. Well, it hadn't been his to begin with, he'd been forced to take it from a rather pissed off, rather large, scaly, asshole. Hitching his pack onto his shoulder, he set off, checking to be sur his pistol was good and secure on his hip. Soon enough he found the town. Soon after, he saw a familiar face on theo ther side of a crowd people, all of hwom were howling for the blood of the two men in the ring. Clay Allison.

"You asshole Clay... why do I work for you again? I'll teach you to leave me behind for an angry lizard to find... 'we need distraction'... asshole...." Sean's muttering continued as he shouldered his way through the crowd, curses and obsceneties flowing freely as he glared through the mass of people to where he had last seen Clay and Mad.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2003 10:07 am 
Native

*orca is watching the fight from atop a ledg on a building takeing notes in a small blue note book. he is only wearing a pair of shorts because he doesnt feel the climate calls for any more clothing than necarry. frome here it looked like the human was going to win but the catman demoloshid him.*
aww and i thought the human would win this one. *takes out a pen and wrights in his note book.* again as i watch the sensless fight it is proven to me that humans are somewhat week phically. the other reces here demonstrate more agility and stamana. its a wonder humans have come so far thats why i am certin that their emotions are connected with their advancements.
*orca jumped down, the one story drop was nothing to him. he walked around to get a drink. it was true he didn't need to eat very often but the raw heat dihydrated him rather quickly. he found a stand that sold water and gave enough money for the drink. he turned around quickly to get back to his vantage point to see the next fight and ran into a rather large human spilling his water all over him. the humad grabbed Orca by the rist and lifted him ready do smash his face in.*
Oh i'm so sorry for that, umm could you please let me down? *this request seemed to make the human grow more angry*

I'll draw it on my wrist.
And with this pretty picture,
A fountain will appear.
And with this flowing fountain,
All problems disappear!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2003 2:25 pm 
Local

A quiet whir from the computer control system, and a three dimensional map of a small, dusty planet appeared on a cooridante grid on a flat translucent monitor screen. "Approaching destination, charted planet Bravo-Charlie III, Mach-XX boosters disengaged," a simulated male voice informed the occupants of the sleek ship.

A young woman stood up from a desk in the rear of the cockpit area, closing a laptop and walking to the pilot controls. She could not have been very old, but nor was she too young, looking to be somewhere around eighteen or nineteen. She had a sun-kissed tan, evidence of time well spent outdoors on Earth, and gray-blue eyes. Framing her face and falling just below her shoulder blades was honey blonde hair that swayed slightly as she moved. She wore fitted black pants and a fitted white shirt and a one and-a-half-inch wristband on her left arm, and thrown over the pilot's seat was a black leather jacket.

Punching in a few keys on one of the many control boards, some covered in odd symbols and some with nothing on them at all, the voice spoke again, filling the silence with its placid announcement. "Reducing speed by twenty five percent, reverting to manual control for aircraft landing."

"Computer, give me the coordinates for the closest secure hangar to the capitol city," she said in a composed tone of voice. The three dimensional map of the planet rotated and crosshairs landed on a point. "44.7 degrees north, 23 degrees west, .5 miles outside the city." the ship's voice answered, to which the young woman responded again. "Enhance the map image." A square appeared around the highlighted coordinates and enhanced it into another window. "Enhance again." A satellite feed came in through the window, showing her the hangar.

Narrowing her eyes, she nodded to herself and took ahold of the controls, heading for the hangar.

About a half hour later, the ship was docked securely and the young woman was exiting the aircraft. "Revert to shutdown mode," she commanded the ship, thinking to herself <i>Better to let the cells refuel, I shouldn't need to leave immediately.</i> She grabbed her jacket and a utility belt from her desk, and left the cockpit, punching a few numbers on a lighted panel, and the door slid shut behind her. Walking down the corridor of her ship, she checked her watch. "I should be just in time." She left her ship, the main entry doors sealing behind her. Glancing around the hangar, she walked outside through an exit door, and began walking towards the capitol city, only half a mile away. She pulled on her jacket and strapped the belt, slim and black, around her waist.

She looked towards the city, her eyes settling on a large building that towered above most others and was in slightly better condition. Glancing around again to ensure no one was watching her, she touched her right index finger to the pad on the wristband of her left arm, activating her teleport device. There had been no need to keep it on in the ship, despite the nuclear fuel cell - miniature and harmless though it was - that powered it, but outside of her ship, it was always activated. She began walking again, gray-blue eyes set dead ahead on the stadium, and she disappeared without ceremony, reappearing in an alleyway behind the building. A drunkard was lolling about, and didn't even notice when the young woman appeared three meters from him and began walking through the alleyway.

She entered the stadium, it's doors wide open for any to access, and was met by the loud noise of an angry mob, cheering on the two men that battled eachother in the center of the ring. She manuevered easily through the crowd, with only a few disturbances.

"Hey sweetie, wanna go for a ride?" a large man with alcohol on his breath and animal rage behind his eyes asked her, putting a hand on her shoulder as she walked by.

"Maybe some other time," she responded coolly, removing his meaty paw from her arm and disappearing into the crowd before he could try to persuade her otherwise.

She recieved some more of the same attention, all met with the same reaction, until she spotted what she was looking for. A man sat up in a secluded booth, surrounded by a few lackeys, behind what appeared to be bulletproof glass, though she was fairly sure there were some specially customized weapons, including hers, that would make it otherwise. She watched their ongoings for a moment; she was not far from them but they would not have noticed her there, amongst the business of the crowd. The man issued a few orders to a slight, small Freyan woman, who then departed. She was about to move when someone grabbed her from behind. It was Mr. Wanna-Go-For-a-Ride again.

"Hey, nice to seeya again, babe," he said, a faint slur in his voice from the liquor.

"It's not mutual," she responded, indifferent to his presence as she began to release herself from his grip.

This only seemed to anger him, and he tightened his grasp on her arm. "I never learned to take no for an answer, doll, so why don't you just come with me?" There was more of a command in his voice than a question.

"Maybe you need to be re-educated, then" she shot back. The young woman narrowed her eyes at him and looked around. She didn't want to cause a scene but she wanted this guy to get the hell off of her. "Lesson one," she said, circling the arm he had in his grip so that she had ahold of his arm. Her thumb pushed against his wrist, not far from some of the main arteries and tendons, and flicked against the tissue. His arm went limp. She had affected a pressure point. "Don't touch people. And lesson two," she used her other hand to touch the temple of his forehead, long enough for her to establish a strong telepathic link. She used that link to influence his brain to release excessive amounts of endorphins to his nuerotransmitters. This caused him to suddenly become induced as if by an opiate, or high-content drug, and the man became unaware of himself, and lapsed into unconsciousness, falling backwards onto a chair. "Good dog," the young woman said distantly, moving away.

She was now in poor moods and as she turned around, was walked directly into by a pair of rugged men, both looking as if they wanted to wreak havoc at any moment. "Damnit, watch where you're fucking going," she scowled, pushing the one who had walked into her off and away. She recognized them, almost instantaneously, Major Clay Allison, a renowned and nearly legendary officer back on earth, and Adric Thoen, or as many people knew him as, Madadric. The last she had heard of him, he was doing time in one of the most advanced Maximum Security prisons in existance without parole. What a curious couple to be in the middle of this revolting planet. She ran her tongue ring against the roof of her mouth and silently wondered why she hadn't picked up news of their presence on BC-III on her interceptor back in the ship. The release of one of the upper revolutionaries had to be something noteworthy, unless there was a reason for hiding it. The girl herself was an anti-communist, and while she had been involved in some major schemes and plots before, some successful and some not as, putting her name on the lists for capture-on-sight, she had a fifty percent chance of not being recognized by Clay, who had resigned not long ago.

"It's probably not too safe to walk so undisguised here, Clay Allison," she said calmly. Her eyes flickered over to Madadric. "Nor you." If she was recognized, she couldn't be (legally) arrested, Allison was no longer a part of the forces. She projected her voice telepathically into their minds, so that they alone heard her next words. <i>"They know you're here, but the question is, what are you here to do?"</i> she asked, without introducing herself, without any prologue of any kind. She just straightforward wanted to know what their intentions were... it could not have been any kind of good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2003 4:19 pm 
Addict

OOC: Okay, this is two months ago, shortly after Rand crashlanded. Right now, Rand is the 'pimplefaced Messiah' in case you didn't notice. (I didn't)

Rand woke up. Instead of the dashboard of the ruined jet as he expected, he looked at a spotless white ceiling. He brought his hand to his head. The wound had been healed. He was laying on a bed.

"Hello Jeroen. It's been a while."

Rand got up to a sitting position. A man with agreying and a proud mustache was sitting next to him, wearing a white coat. "The name's...Rand. Nobody called me Jeroen except father." His voice croaked with thirst. The man next to him gave him a glass of water. Rand drank it and then looked suspiciously at the man. "Who are you?"

The doctor gave a short laugh. "Hah, I'm not surprised you've forgotten me. You were a healthy kid so you've never had to visit me. Doctor Sapton. I was one of the medics in The Cause."

Rand jumped off the table and grabbed his small handgun, looking around panicking.

"Calm Rand, this room isn't bugged. This isn't earth. The Collective doesn't care whether some old doctor on this planet has fought them."

Rand calmed down and put the gun back, though he still looked tense. "Thanks doc. So, what have you been doing here? What's the situation? Any advances on getting a rebellion? Have you found contact with any of the others?"

The doctor sighed. "Rand... The others are all over the place and getting on with their lives. The Cause is dead for almost a year now."

Rand's eyes lit up. "IT IS NOT! The Collective is still raping the communis ideals. We CANNOT give up now. What else can we do? Sit here and accept their rule"

The older man turned away and looked out of the window. "I became a doctor because I wanted to help people Rand. Now that the Cause is gone, the only way I can do that is within the Collective. I won't let my medical skills go unused just because these people aren't revolting."

Rand's voice turned hostile "So...you've betrayed the Cause."

"NO" the other man was angry too now. "I've helped you haven't I. And I'd die before I'd give the Collective a single name of a comrade. But I'm NOT going around shooting people. I'm a doctor!"

"You're being a doctor for the Collective! The people you heal WORK for them."

"They're people that need a DOCTOR!"

"They're people that need FREEDOM! And your working is taking it from them." They were shouting now.

"Well they're ASKING me to cure them! I can hardly say I'd want to, but first they have to defy the collective and get themselves killed.

"If more people would actually have done that, the Collective would have fallen within the first years and their cursed police wouldn't be all over th place, our war wouldn't have lasted almost three decades, my father wouldn't have been..." Rand's voice choked.

The doctor extended a comforting hand. "Rand...your father wouldn't want you to get yourself killed like this."

With a harsh movement Rand slapped away the hand. "Don't talk about my father! He fought almost all his life. First against the old governments, then against the Collective, and he'd NEVER give up. And neither will I. MY father didn't raise his son a COWARD!" With those words Rand stormed out of the room and the house.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2003 9:23 pm 
Local

OOC: sorry all would have finished the fight sooner but RL interfered.

…The bell sounded, Kash moved to the center of the ring and he noticed something, the guy was smiling, which was odd considering the pounding Kash had given him the last round but hey some people act odd when they are getting the crap beaten out of them.

The Ref. spoke: “Ok touch gloves and fight clea..” He was cut off as the miners elbow caught him in the nose as he threw a right hook at Kash.

Kash ducked away. “Fighting dirty I see, well I won’t hold it against you seeing as the place you live in is such a shit hole.”

Instead of yelling at the insult like the last time the man just seemed to stop moving for a second and focus on Kash. He even closed his eyes.

“Accepting defeat then?” quipped Kash as he lunged forward to end the fight.

It was in that tenth of a second that, as if time were slowed the man opened his eyes took a single step and threw a Jab straight into Kash’s face. The force of the blow sent Kash head over heels backwards through the air before he crashed to the ring. The two halfs of his trademark shades falling in front of his face.

The man roared and the crowds cheered. “Aww shit… my head.” Was all Kash could manage as he stood and popped his neck again and blew the blood from his nose.

“He must have gotten some kind of steroid booster in the water they brought him, cheating bitch.” Thought Kash. “Oh well I didn’t think I’d need to use it in a round like this but oh well.”

Kash smiled at the gloating man.

“Well my little stinky friend, it seems you have found your second wind, eh? Too bad, it’s time to lose.”

As Kash spoke he slid forward along the smooth ring floor, moving into a hunched position as he came up to his opponent. The big man raised both his hands in a double fist to smash Kash in the neck but as Kash's golden tinged Dreadlocks flayed out forming a Corona around his head the Neko struck. Driving up with both his feet Kash first hit the man in the Chin with a left upper-cut followed by a right. And as Kash and the man were both airborne over a foot off the ring Kash brought his fists back down across the mans face smashing him to the floor.

The crowd roared, Kash couldn’t even here the ref count out 10, all he saw was the ref slapping the floor and then giving the “you’re out” wave. A med team came in and picked up the unconscious human from the floor and took him from the ring on a stretcher.
Kash then looked to the VIP box; he nodded to his manager who simply returned it. He then smiled widely at the fat man who was quite red in the face from screaming at his attendants. The man looked at Kash, pointed and yelled some more.

“Well” mused Kash: “I might just take my winnings and get out of here before he tries to kill me… Nah life would be boring if I ran from my enemies.”

Kash then leaped over the ropes and onto the red earth, he waved and smiled as any winner would, despite the fact most of the crowd was booing him…

"There can be only one!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2003 7:42 am 
<font color=darkred><b>Lorem Ipsum

Mad grins over the crowd, enjoyinmg the atmosphere, and the cold, very bitter beer in the paper cup he is drinking from. Expensive, a harsh taste, but better than lukewarm water in his canteen. Seeing a familiar face moving through the crowd toward him and clay, mad winks at the boy, and turns to clay.

"hyaha, Vandal's here. good to see he's alive. i think he passed your little test, Bossman."

"i see him," Clay mutters. "And it;s no wonder he sees us...you have very...distinctive features. even keeping a low profile, i'm sure we've been identified by at least two dozen different people working for half a dzen different factions."

"hey, not my fault our faces are famous, Mr. Big Blockbuster fuckinmg movie." Mad snarls back without much malice. the movie, aftyer all, had essentially gotten him out of prison, and off that shithole homeworld.

"so get more biocosmetic work done. you obviously aren't afraid of it. hair and eyes like that aren't natural." Clay says, taking a drink from his own bitter, quickly warming beer.

"no fucking way man. these looks cost way too much, and mean way too much to go changing them now. the rep that comes along with these looks is worth too much to lose, just to avoid a little trouble. like bluebeard."

"who?" Clay says, watching the next fight start up, two of the big lizaeds, going hell-for-leather. a true display if inhuman violence. "personally, i think you just like the fame too much."

Mad is just about to make a retort, when they are bumped into by a nicely tanned young woman with clean blonde hair, obviously not a native to BC-III. Mad didn't recognise her, but she obviously recognised them, bringing an edge of reality into their previous conversation.

"It's probably not too safe to walk so undisguised here, Clay Allison," she said calmly. Her eyes flickered over to Madadric. "Nor you." Both mad and his partner scowl at this comment, but what happens next sends an involuntary shudder down the man's spine.

"They know you're here, but the question is, what are you here to do?"

now i KNOW i don't know her...i'd remember a teep so egar to go speaking into my head like that...she hardly even looks Frey...

Mad shrugs off the uneasiness he feels and settles himself into his usual easy banter. "Just a little sightseeing, looking at some sand, drinking some of the universe's worst beer, and watching some guys beat the crap out of each other..not that it's your bussiness, miss..." The red haired man arches an eyebrow over his odd eye, waiting for a response.

Before he gets one, the small group is interrupted by a white-haired Freyan flying through the air, and hitting all three, knocking them off balance.

Mad is the first to his feet, growling and looking at the hairy behemoth that really does seem to be the staple for BC-III, as he strides to the group, swearinmg something about "shit-eating aliens dirtying up the air" or some other xenophobic crap.

The man reaches out to fling the red-haired mercenary out of his way, snarling "Outta my wa--"

The slob never finishes, as he's too busy clutching his arm, just above his ruined elbow, which happens to be bent the wrong way, and have bone protruding from it.

before the man can start screaming,he is stopped short by a military-issue combat boot accepting the hospitality of his face and using it for a door mat, in one swift, bone-crunching blow.

The red-haired merc stands over the prone body of the miner, glaring at those standing around watching, his sweeping gaze taking the fight out of anyone considering helping the man at the offworlder's feet.

"real subtle, you fucking idiot." Clay growls, as he stands, and signals to Vandal with his eyes to fall back and meet them at an alcove at the back of the stadium. Clay then grabs the arm of the alien,and jerks his head for Mad and the strange woman mad doesn't recognize, (and isn't sure he likes,) to follow him, even as the gathering of spectatotrs loses interest in the brutal but abrupt display of unscheduled violence is already over.

Mad just shrugs, and follows, a somewhat satisfied grin firmly rooted on his face. "Ahh, too long...it's been too fucking long"

OOC: anything that's out, or you'd like changed to do with your chars, put it in the OOC thread and i fix it up right, /OOC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2003 10:13 am 
Local

Skeptical to Madadaric's nonchalant and suspiciously unmischievous response, the young woman arched a blonde eyebrow, and was about to respond when a Freyan was thrown into their little discussion, knocking them all to the floor. The mercenary leapt to his feet before any of them, Clay right behind him, but the girl was looking curiously at the man that had been launched at them, standing up casually and brushing some dust off her pants and helping the Freyan to his feet. "You alright?" she asked calmly, while Mad just as calmly sent the man responsible into an unconscious stupor induced by pain. <i>Well done...</i> she thought to herself, wryly. <i>Subtletly is no one's strong suit.</i> Clay muttered a string of curses at his apparent partner's outburst, but the crowd readily went back to being enthralled with the violence in the ring, which occured with much less brevity.

Following the former Major's gesture, the young woman - whose name had not yet been introduced - followed them. Clay walked alongside the small Freyan who had been used as a ballistic projectile, then the girl, then Madadric. A few of the spectators glanced at them as they walked towards the alcove; one more brute, younger but definitely drunker than the others who had tried, attempted to make a pass at her, but she shot him down with her retort and ducked around his arm, fading into the cheering crowd. She thought she saw Mad break the guy's arm out of the corner of her eye, but she wasn't sure.

They reached the alcove without any further displays and disruptions, meeting up with another man, well-built with grey eyes... well, one grey eye. The other was a cybernetic replacement, or perhaps upgrade, of an actual human eye. <i>So,</i> she thought quietly to herself. <i>Wonder what happens now... and was it really a good idea to come here...</i> She waited for someone else to speak, blue-grey eyes flashing towards the crowd, scanning the drunken faces to see if there was one watching them taht she might have missed earlier.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2003 1:58 pm 
Addict

Clay brushed the Freyan off with a few credits and a warning that when people were Contemplating throwing Aliens, he ought to avoid them.

He led them to a booth in the corner of the outlying dining area, and after a brief search, found the bug that the security people had placed there, dropped it in a glass and poured beer on it. A few pops and fizzles later and it was dead.

Clay, Adric, and the girl sat down at the table and instanly Clay and Mad's gazes locked on her.

"OK, recess has officially ended, class is in session. Who are you and waht do you want from us? Lots of people recognize us but most leave us alone. You found it necessary to come over and get involved without introducing yourself, forgive me if I find that suspicious, but you can imagine that I've become paranoid over time."

Clay wasn't angry, not yet, but he didn't need loose cannons running around his operation running into things and confusing matters without at least some handle on what they were and where they were coming from so he could adjust to them.

He still needed to find this mysterious new power behind the union and negotiate with him before all hell broke loose and went running about the place with Japanese lanterns, panties and beer.

Now the die must fall,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2003 4:21 pm 
Local

The young woman brushed a shock of her honey blonde hair out of her face and Clay addressed her, giving her a hard stare as he demanded to know her intentions. She reciprocated the gaze, sans the hostility and paranoia, and replied. "My name is Amanda d'Selvaryn; most people just call me Trouble. As to what I want from you, a straight answer would be a good place to start. Maybe many other people did recognize you. Maybe not. What concerns me is what a former Police Action Force Major, and a notorious revolutionary are doing together in the midst of a pseudo-socialist revolt on a dusty mining planet." she said casually, running her tongue ring against the roof of her mouth in silent thought. "And I doubt that it's for the beer." she added, shooting a look at Madadric.

"I could have just found out for myself, with or without your knowledge. But I'd prefer to get it straight from the horse's mouth, so to speak. The union is in a very precarious position right now, and the stability of the economys that prosper from the revenue this planet generates have certain interests in the outcome of this little uprising. My question is why that brings you here, because I'm sure it has more to do with that than with betting on the fights." She was pretty bright, for a kid. She spoke in a very smooth voice with calmed tones, and didn't seem to be intimidated at all, despite the fact that neither Madadric nor Clay seemed very pleased with her interest in their endeavors. "I did not mean to seem intrusive, but you must understand the gravity of every action that takes place here. Words are all it takes, and the right words from the right person..."

She exhaled easily, shrugging. The ball was in their court now; she waited for an answer.

Last edited by Angel On Crack on Mon May 12, 2003 2:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2003 5:07 pm 
Addict

Sean watched the scuffle from over the heads of some of the shorter patrons, the lens on his eye focusing to seethedetails. Of course, his focus seemed to shift towards the woan unconciously, but it certainly seemd to be the best thing there to look at. At Clay's signal he moved off into the crowd, finding his way to the alcove where the others were as well. Leaning back against a conveniently close wall, he slipped a cigarette from his top chest pocket, lighting it quickly with a small black lighter, which seemed to be on it's last bit of fuel. Silently cursing he slipped it away and listened to the conversation at hand.

<i> amada huh.. pretty name. Fits her... </i>

Focusing his cybernetic eye towards her, he ran a quick sweep, checking energy levels and other quick readouts. An odd energy halo, and some wierdness he couldn't identify structurally, but she seemed human.

"'Scuse me mis, but was that a threat? Maybe I'm a little slow, but threats won't get anyone anywhere, right?"

A smile spread across his face, not threatening, but seemingly sincere. Or just odd. One or the other.

Last edited by VandalHeart on Thu Aug 28, 2003 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2003 5:38 pm 
Native

*Orca walked away and got back up to his pearch on the ledg. he was still sorta thirsty and had waisted his drink he had bought. but he wanted to watch the next fight. before the next fight he took out his note book and started to wright in it.*
yet another incounter with humans turns out violent. these humans have a week socal structure with little manners nothing like earthlings, well there is that certian likeing for violence but an earthling would moast certianly never pick up and throw you. and then that other human with wild hair attacked the one that had thrown me. was it just out of instinct or did he do it for another reason. and then there was that female, never have i seen a human like that she had perfect eyes and an almoast Freyan phycic mind set but she was defenatily human could she just have a strong will? all thiese questions i will have to contact father and ask him.

*just then another fight started the bell had rung and the two contestants had started to brawl.*

I'll draw it on my wrist.
And with this pretty picture,
A fountain will appear.
And with this flowing fountain,
All problems disappear!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2003 8:50 pm 
Local

… After leaving the ring Kash made his way through the crowd to the betting counter, collected his loot for the day and went to the dinning area for a drink.

Kash ordered a beer from the counter and plopped down into a booth. It was then that an alert arrow popped up in his vision. It indicated that his nano-comp. had located something of interest and a circle appeared around a booth at the far end and zoomed to 4X showing the faces with names floating above their heads.

Kash mumbled to himself: “Clay Allison and Adric the Mad, so what do those two have to do with me your metal-brained nanites?”

A mono-tone voice then spoke inside Kash’s head. “They are known Anti-communists present on a world in the middle of a Labor revolution.”

“Yah and what’s it to me? I mean really, what do I care about this crap hole of a planet anyway?”

“They will cause problems… and you still have a prelim fight to win here for your qualification to the main circuit.”

Kash sighed. “So what you’re saying is this: If they cause some kind of massive shit to go down, the fight won’t happen and I won’t become the lightweight champ of the galaxy?

“Affirmative…”

“Fine I’ll see what I can do about it, but they are pretty tough, hardheaded too from what I’ve heard. Well then you gonna do your part of this?”

The voice didn’t respond but Kash felt the Lokist nanites begin to integrate with his muscles and bones, and his hearing and vision focused and strengthened as the Nanites went from passive to active mode. He then sat back and listened, as clearly as if he was beside them to the groups’ conversation…

"There can be only one!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2003 1:58 am 
Addict

OOC: I'm gonna hurry and bring Rand up to the present.

*Various moments in the last two months*

Rand walked into the dirty bar where workers were drinking calmly, complaining about life in general. For a while Rand merely listened. Apparently the Union leader was not very popular, but maintained his position by todiying up to the Collective governor and intimidation of the workers. The work in this place was hard, but the resources it provided were valuable, and the Collective governor allowed a lot, as long as a certain semblance was respected. The workers were slowly getting fed up with the situation though, but feared the revenge of the Collective. Only a few of them were actually loyal to the Collective.

Rand met another member of the Cause, who had fled to this planet. He had some influence on the workers, and was prepared to assist Rand. At first the succes was limited to say the least. A 16 year old boy was hardly what one would expect as a leader. But when Rand was revealed to be the son of one of the leading members of the Cause, he quickly gained popularity. Not that many of the workers were so incredibly communist (except for those that followed the Colelctive) but the Cause had fought the Collective for almost 30 years. And while not as spectacular as the adventures of Clay and Adric the Mad, it was enough to give Rand an aura of command.

Only weeks later Rand entered the house of the rotund union leader, followed by a lot of miners, armed with equipement, and explained the situation. Rand was planning to kick the Collective off the planet and use it's resources and manpowers as a base to continue the war. The Union boss could retain his position officially so not to give the Collective the illusion Rand didn't have control of the union yet. Rand had clearly taken a dislike to the man, and had warned him that if he thought to betray them, or would abuse his position more then he had allready, he'd kill him anyway. The fat man had immediately assured Rand that he had always sympathized with the Cause and it would be an honour to help him.

Since then, Rand had been mainly in hiding. His presence hadn't remained secret for long. Some said he controllled the governor himself, others said he had been dead for weeks, other said he didn't even exist, and it was just a rumour to find potentials rebels.

Now however, he was sitting in a run-down house somewhere in the city. He was drinking from the bottle on his side and talking with someone about the latest succesfull theft of heavy weaponry when someone arrived and whispered something in his ear. Rand scowled at the nessage and excused himsefl curtly to the other person. Quickly he turned to another person nearby.

"Bring them here. Discretely and unarmed. Only use force if neccesary, but kill them rather then letting them run around." He looked out of the window. "I wouldn't put it past the Collective to use Adric the Mad to stop us."

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 127 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next