ZOMBIE FORUMS

It's a stinking, shambling corpse grotesquely parodying life.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:01 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2003 10:43 pm 
<font color=darkred><b>Lorem Ipsum

so here's the rest of the post i wrot, but thought i'd put in here for now, so that you guys have a chance to do something in the battle. it's just an intention, so if you guys want to take this, (or just your characters) in another direction, go for it. as i said, my only real purpose is to get mad and luci alone and out of here, so i can move around a little more freely.

IC:

Shit. mad curses to himself, and then he turns and whispers to the short freyan girl behind him. "there another way out of this room?" recognition lights up in the girl's eyes, and she runs over to the books shelf off to the side while mad, and possibly the others in the room pin down those outside.

The girl removes several books from the bookcase, then a false wood backing to reveal a keypad, the numbers blurred by tears of fear. She fumbles the first time when the others fire on another attacker trying to enter the room, but gets the code the second time.

"Quick!" Luci calls out, and the group all vanish down the hidden exit, which closes firmly behind them. By the time the others emerge from the narrow passage into an alley at the back of the building, mad and luci are gone.

/IC

Also, what do you guys think of this idea?

Whilst the orders from one employer may be to negotiate or assassinate the union leader, mad & clay (or just Mad..a little double dealing?) may have another employer who wants the young revolutionary's death faked, to make him a Martyr for the cause. this would involve Mad kidnapping Rand and faking his death, and then getting him off-planet, and maybe a location to drop him. the employer is a mystery, but obviously someone who hates the Collective, but may even work from inside it.

give suggestions and critiques of the idea here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2003 8:25 am 
Local

Sounds like a good idea to me... plot twists rule.

Also, added that little elaboration on Amanda's telepathy that I promised I would, in her bio, if anyone wants to check it. Very elaborate. Took me all of fifteen minutes. READ! :evil:

Gonna post soon... doobie doobie doo...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2003 11:12 am 
Addict

Sounds good Mad. Nice little plot twists such as that are always good.

Edit: Cool stuff Angel. Now what I'm wondering is exactly how it owuld work against Vandal, since he's got bits and pieces of electronics stuck in his head to replace things that were lost. While I think it'd work, I would imagine the feedback from probing his brain would be a little odd.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2003 2:59 pm 
Addict

I'll wait for Rand's opinion on Mad's Idea, but it sounds good to me.

Promise I'll have a kickass post written tomorrow...

Now the die must fall,
There ain't a winner in this game
Who don't go home with all, Not with all...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2003 8:09 pm 
Local

Indeed, sounds like it will make things...interesting. As always I look foward to some Kick-ass. 8)

"There can be only one!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 1:09 am 
Addict

Mad, sounds very good. Thanks, because I was fucked how to get Rand off the planet while remaining IC. It's not like he'd accept any help from Clay voluntarely. Heck, he'd suspect he caused his sudden loss of power. (not entirely illogical)

Also, can we assume that SOME people around Rand remained loyal. I mean, I know a 16 year old isn't the most authorative of leaders but I think Rand would have een ale to get at least SOME people who can e trusted around him. He's not a naive bugger like the other Rand.

In other news, my intenet presence may be lessened for some time. Exams + serious financial prolems for my dad. So feel free to write for Rand a it untill I get ack in the saddle properly....

Wait, this isn't chewing gum!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 12:03 pm 
Addict

Hmmm, I have to get my character back into the thread somehow... Perhaps he's at the spaceport, trying to figure out where Rand is now? You guys could stumble across him there... Ben would probably want to take Rand along in his ship, which may cause some conflict...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 6:34 pm 
Addict

I was planning on having Rand and Clay forced to flee on the same ship but that'll do.

Now the die must fall,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 6:40 pm 
Local

well, Amanda has an large and non-trackable ship a half mile outside the city... it's an option. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 4:16 pm 
Addict

OK, my ppost is in, hopefully Rand will post sometime like soon.

Now the die must fall,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 7:05 pm 
Spawn of Kyhm and D

He's coming....

He's coming...?

He'll be here soon...

Soon...?

Yeah.

Who?

... That guy.

Oh my god...

Yes. It's true. I shall be crashing this RP in the near future. Like within a few hours. Villans unite!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 7:10 pm 
Addict

You're always welcome you Aussie clot.

Now the die must fall,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 1:30 am 
Addict

hours eh Ezelek?

Kash, any problems, mail me, post here, whatever.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 1:54 am 
Spawn of Kyhm and D

When I say a few hours, I mean, when I can be BOTHERED doing it. =3 Awa.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 6:52 am 
Local

A minor change of plans, but I like your idea Indigo, I'll work up a post. 8)

"There can be only one!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 6:25 pm 
Spawn of Kyhm and D

I first said that I was going to do a Bogan. Then I said I was going to do a Fabio-esque Villan (which I still might do). And then, I found an old character I used on another board, and thought, "What the hell? Let's see if Clay approves." So, Clay-chan, APPROVE. Or I'll eat your brains.

Name: Xin

Species: Humanoid

Height: Roughly 6'

Weight: Between 115 - 120 lbs

Hair Colour: Dirty blondish

Eye Colour :Vibrant Green

Alias: Monkey King/King Monkey

Defining Features: Larger canines than normal (teeth), a prehensile tail, sometimes carrying a golden staff.

Weapon(s): Golden Staff - Stolen from the "Gods", the Golden Staff has the ability to become as big or as small as Xin desires. When he isn't using it, he normally hides it in his ear.

Other item(s): A flying cloud (in actuality, a hovering transportation device cleverly disguised for use on backwards planets)

Strengths:

For all manners and purposes, from where Xin is from, he is invincible. No hand can touch him, no blade nor arrow can rend open his flesh, simply because, he is... As he would put it, far superior. And this is true. In close combat... Or any combat using archaic weapons (swords and such), Xin knows no equal... And probably never will.

He has heightened strength and speed for a humanoid his size, his abilities meeting that of an olympic athlete at their peak, without the necessity for him to train in any way (this doesn't stop his tireless training, though).

Weaknesses:

First off... Whilst "invincible" to archiac weapons, Xin is far from that when concerning more modern technologies. He cannot dodge a bullet, nor turn it away with a flick of his bo-staff... Most likely it will just leave a nice hole in him. This applies for all modern techonology (lasers... erm... lasers), as long as they aren't based upon an archaic fashion. (A lightsabre for example, would not work).

Xin is slightly... no... Xin is incredibly arrogant. Let's face facts here folks, he considers himself superior in every way to anyone. This tends to make him dismiss any information given to him that he does not want to agree with, and also makes him rather irratable to be around.

With the illusions of immortality and invincibility, Xin tends to rush headlong into any situation, with the sole purpose in mind to hit things with his bo-staff/fists. Strategy beyond fighting techniques is unknown to him, and as "nothing" could ever harm him, he doesn't consider using caution or discretion.

Biography:

Xin comes from a very strange planet... Backwards, the technologically inclined would say. Not that it doesn't have technology, no far from it... More that... Technology is considered as we consider magick, and various superstitions surround such things. Since there are two ways to look at this story (From Xin's eyes, where technology is majick, or from "our" eyes, where technology is common place), we'll go with the Xin view, because as his story progresses, our view shall unfold. (Read: Telling it from our view would wreck the story).

In the beginning, Primal Chaos ruled. The powers of the heavens, the earth, the sun and the moon, all worked upon a certain rock, old as creation. And somehow, this rock became magically fertile... Out of it sprung a stone monkey... XIN.

XIN grew up fast, quickly dominating his fellow "monkeys" and carving out an empire, with himself as King. No-one could rival his fighting skills, and he had even been taught "majick" by a travelling "magician", allowing him to summon a "majickal" cloud upon which he could ride. Growing bored of being King (with no-one of equal to fight), Xin traveled east and west, as far as the earth streched. He fought and beat the "Dragon" King of the Eastern Sea, claiming a Golden Staff from it's treasure trove as he own, which had the ability to become any size he desired.

Knowing that his rightful place was to rule the heavens, he searched far and wide for a way to ascend, when finally a group of "magicians" gave him a way. The placed him inside a "majickal" sphere, which rocketed to the sky, delivering Xin to where he so desired to be...

The Heavens weren't exactly what Xin had expected.
==

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 7:04 pm 
Addict

Nice Ez, OK, you got it.

Now the die must fall,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2003 1:08 am 
n00b

Ok, this is the first time I've ever tried this sort of role play so if I screw up try to be nice when you tell me how stupid I am ;)

Anyway, my character...

Name: Jon Bracken.

Description:
Jon is from a backwater mining heavy world. The gravity is several times earth standard and the people who live and work there have been modified to cope. He is short, (about 5'3") and heavy. Other than that he is pretty normal looking except that working in the mines since he was 13 has left him strong and fit.. Alot more so than a normal human. On the down side he has to take meds to live in normal gravity and it's best if he can gain access to a heavy gravity zone (i.e. on a ship) while he sleeps. He is currently traveling to a university on a scholarship. He knows nothing of war or combat and has been brought up believing that the current government is the perfect system etc. He is an innocent idealist who worldly people might find a bit dull and stupid.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2003 1:21 am 
n00b

Oh and isn't that monkey king from some books about a dragon, a boy and a big black pot... Or am I just remembering some crazy dream I had last night? Not being anti the character or use of character or anything, just wondering if I'm remembering right or not.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2003 2:50 am 
Spawn of Kyhm and D

The Monkey King is from a chinese myth, known as Journey to the West. The dragon would proabably be the Dragon King of the East whom Monkey stole his Golden Staff from, and later became the horse which carried the child-priest, Tripitaka.

Anyway... yeah. That's where he's from, originally. Of course, I've modded things slightly, but I always like the idea of throwing traditional fantasy (or history) characters into a sci-fi setting, to mix shit up a bit.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next