ZOMBIE FORUMS

It's a stinking, shambling corpse grotesquely parodying life.
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:43 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2003 1:41 pm 
Addict

Name: Verona
Occupation: CPS (Child Protective Services) Undercover Worker (Experimental Branch)
History: Verona was a normal social worker, single mom with a young boy, until a few years ago. Her own son was a supporter of The Cause- and one of the many casualties of it later on. She grieved, and to help her conscience joined the CPS. A little under a year ago, she saw Rand during one of his botched terrorist attacks, and caught a good glace at him as he fled the scene. She was fascinated by him, and kept track of any and all developments with the child. After reading what little was known about the child (not much, other than he had been in “the Cause” for his entire life) she felt immensely sorry for him, feeling the poor child was just a “brainwashed kid.” She set out to find some way she could help the boy.

Her own brainchild is an undercover branch of the CPS, where CPS workers would work for the collective to “reeducate” troubled children who were in environments where governmental workers would not be welcomed. The CPS higher ups thought it would be nice to give it a shot, and were mildly disturbed that the first assignment Verona picked for herself (the first and so far only “Undercover” agent for the CPS,) which many thought was impossible. Still, she had wrangled an immense amount of control over the branch for herself, and nobody could object that success in this would mean a lot more funding for the CPS and plenty of good publicity.

The truth, however, is somewhat less shiny. Verona blames herself for her son’s death, and sees an opportunity to redeem herself in Rand. In her subconscience, she equates Rand with her own son, if he had lived a few years longer, and that is why she is fairly desperate in both “helping him” (i.e., convincing him that The Cause is not the way to go) and protecting him.

Recently, to give herself more of an “outcast from earth” look, she has gotten a minor computer put into her epidermal layer of her skin. Mostly cosmetic, the vain woman uses the computer mainly to keep herself fit and fairly trim. The computer also acts as a kind of PDA, having many small roles as calculator, calendar, and other menial task aids, but no AI to speak of. All data is fed directly into her brain, so anything she "sees" or "hears" from the computer is not actually reflected on to her eye or spoken into her ear. The silicon in her skin gives a bluish tint to it, and many people mistake her for a tallish Freyan. She grew tired about the 500th time explaining why her skin had a bluish tint, and just passed through society as a Freyan as often as not. Currently, she is tracking down Rand on the planet, posing as a reporter for one of the “free” newspapers in this part of the galaxy.

For a look (slightly less "blue" and with bluish-black hair than in the picture, but close enough) at a good idea of what Verona looks like:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2003 1:44 pm 
Addict

I'll post when I get back from class. You guys tell me how she looks.

-MiB

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 1:09 am 
<font color=darkred><b>Lorem Ipsum

she should make for a very interesting character to the mix, MiB, and i'll be interested to see you play her. Quite a change from the military types you usually go with.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 8:03 am 
Addict

Also someone for a change who may be a tad sympathetic to Rand. (Except Icy's character)

Note Icy that Rand HAS been alone ever since the Cause's last base fell and the remainders scattered. Unlike RT Rand this Rand is supposed to be rather bitter as well as emotionally unstable, and any actual people he works toghether with would kind of mess that up. So Rand wouldn't really HAVE someone he'd 'call', but he WOULD give something of a 'shout out' and hope people come to support him.

Also, while I know I'm the one who started the misunderstanding, apaprently BC III isn't as such part of the Collective. It's got coorporations and capitalism, it just makes sure not to piss off the Collective.

Wait, this isn't chewing gum!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 2:34 pm 
Addict

Clay... I do think that Clay and Oula would HAVE to be searched before meeting Rand. You're an ex-Collective agent. Your word doesn't mean anything to Rand. I'm not just gonna have Rand's allies disarm Clay totally without some talking first, but if you wanna talk to Rand (without fighting your way through so many of the workers that negotaiation would be pointless) I do think you'll have to be searched.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 6:00 pm 
Addict

When I ge there have some state of the art weapons-screening x-ray machines and shit. That was more about intimidating the goons than searching.

Now the die must fall,
There ain't a winner in this game
Who don't go home with all, Not with all...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2003 1:32 pm 
Native

hay mad, my char would prolly know about it since he is freyan and i hinted twords knowing her in an eailier poast. i'll wright it if u want me to. i was gonna have one of you ask me about her anyways. but if u wanna wright it it's fine

I'll draw it on my wrist.
And with this pretty picture,
A fountain will appear.
And with this flowing fountain,
All problems disappear!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 5:45 pm 
Addict

Mad, let me know if you want me to change those lines in my last post from either mad or Luci.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2003 1:03 pm 
Local

eh, do me a favor, and don't write my char, if you can help it. just that it seems that what people DO write for her is really uncharacteristic of the kind of person she is, the reactions she'd have, et cetera. just humor me, and I'll return the favor. and if you really think it's that imperative, let me know. I dunno, it seems commonplace around here, but when I started RPing it was like God's 1st commandment "DON'T WRITE OTHER PEOPLE'S CHARACTERS".

that is all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2003 12:33 am 
<font color=darkred><b>Lorem Ipsum

ok, noted for the future.

and as for my current posts, any changes you want, PM me or post 'em here, and i'll change it up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2003 6:59 am 
Local

no biggie, thanks for putting up with me :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 1:14 am 
Addict

Noted on this side as well. you might wanna put that in bold, because all us RT-vets are used to having plenty of liberties when it comes to writing lines for each other. It works rather well too in a way, but you're still the final authority for your char of course.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 1:20 am 
Local

I'll just bite. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 4:27 am 
Addict

Hmmm...bite eh? *has Angel On Crack's character declare her undying love for Mad*

Anyway Clay, can we discuss things a bit? I hadn't quite expected things to move THIS fast, not to mention I thought I had you imprisoned in a different room, and Oula kind of switched sides. So I'm a bit lost at what to do now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 6:25 am 
Addict

yeah, i mentioned we wre in different rooms, he said he would sort it out,. but hey.

and i have no side, i'm just trying to escape, you're an oppertunity, and don't worry, we'll come back for you ;D.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 12:57 pm 
Local

Aye, atm I have no side and was waiting to see what rand would post.

But if he's going to fix it I don't really have a problem then.

"There can be only one!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 5:33 pm 
Addict

OK, I had us figured for in the same room, I discussed it with Indy as I wrote it. Me, Indy and GOM duck out the back door, I come in to rescue Rand who is under heavy fire.

I surprise the gov's thugs by hitting them from behind and wearing their uniform, they die in the crossire between me and Rand, then Rand qand I agree to go after our respective nemises and meet back at the spaceport where we will figure out something from there.

That should take a few posts.

I am moving it fast so that it doesn't lag into unconsciousness. this world isn't the end of the RP, just a convenient beginning. There will be others.

Now the die must fall,
There ain't a winner in this game
Who don't go home with all, Not with all...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 2:02 am 
Addict

woohoo!

a telepath with a gun!

ok, Kash, if you want to do some RPing with me, on say backstory, thats fine, now's the time to do it, we can just assume that i got cleaned up and there was no trouble or whatever, you choose.

Clay, if you REALLY wnated me to go with you, not a prob, but it seemed like you really wanted to kill some shit, so you go.

and if anyone has a problem with my acidity in the blood thing, stick it, i don't care.

^o^

lets get this thing moving again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 4:13 am 
Local

Woot, good for getting things moving again Indy. I'll post when I get home from school tonight. Last day, got a party to go to so wont be till laters.

Edit: ok posts up, Notes on Psi-Dampener, It prevents any form of telepathy, or mind readinh howerever, it is blatently obvious to a telepath that something is going on, it is not like they can not read the person, it is that they are being blocked from doing so. As noted the main side effect is a really nasty headache, that while not diblitating is very unpleasant.

"There can be only one!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2003 1:38 pm 
Addict

Gah. Short ass post I know. Just returned from somewhere around 30+ hours of straight gaming Vampire the Masquerade. And the storyteller decided to play with our minds. Can't think real straight at the moment... gah.. damned malkavians...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next