ZOMBIE FORUMS

It's a stinking, shambling corpse grotesquely parodying life.
It is currently Thu May 24, 2018 10:19 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2003 10:45 am 
Offline
Addict
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 26, 2002 5:00 pm
Posts: 3236
Location: Allentown, PA
"You there," he spoke loudly as he slipped out of the brush, showing himself fully. "It would seem I barely missed interupting your conversation. Good. Would you happen to have recently passed through the village of Herron, a few miles back? I've a few things to ask of you.."

Meji closed her eyes, cursing herself for being so caught up in the Wanderer's dialog that she didn't feel him sneak up on her. And already, despite the cloak, he could tell she was a woman . . . ! The Wanderer would be annoyed with her. She turned, to stare into two dark amethyst eyes. The man before her was relatively normal, maybe a bit taller than she was used to seeing, with dark skin and hair. He didn't look imposing, but the moment she locked eyes with him, she knew he was different. Like her, in some ways. She couldn't speak long with him.

"Maybe I did. Most humans know better than to become afflicted with curiosity around a Wanderer."

. . . he's far too curious to be a human. He has no fear at all! The First One should have sensed him, deflected him somehow--unless, of course, the First One had some inkling of what this man was, and had no disagreement with him . . .

"I will try to answer your questions, traveler," she said, allowing him to see her smile, "but I trust you will try also to accept it if my answer is 'no.'"

_________________
I'm too damn pretty to die.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2003 6:27 pm 
Offline
Addict

Joined: Thu Jun 27, 2002 5:00 pm
Posts: 1095
Location: Hell a.k.a. Georgia
"If you answer truthfully, and it is no, then we have no quarrel. I would merely hope you answer truthfully, I despise being lied to."

Talus glanced about, and slid over to take a seat on a nearby log, balancing himself on both hands to either side on the old bark.

"My questions are simple, and shouldn't take long, Wanderer. I've dealt with your kind before, and I would not hold you up in your duties. I merely wish to know what it is you wish with the Book. And yes, I'm looking for it as well. My order has need of finding it. It seems to me that it may behoove me to know of your intentions as well? Question for question if you wish."

Talus merely sat then, his eyes watching the woman in front of him, emotionless and calm, awaiting her decision.

_________________
"Like a game of pick up sticks,
played by fucking lunatics"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2003 6:56 pm 
Offline
Addict
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 26, 2002 5:00 pm
Posts: 3236
Location: Allentown, PA
Meji's eyes flared for a moment. Sheinclined her head towards him in respect.

"Well spoken, traveler. Very well, if you wish to know . . . it is a well-known fact that we Wanderers prefer to keep the natural order of life natural, if you understand . . . the reappearance of the Book means that it has taken a more active role in the universe. Its existence as anything more than an outside influence could tip the scales of power in any direction. I, as well as every Wanderer, have been charged with finding the Book and returning it to its sleep."

As much as I wish I could tear its spine in two, she thought. After what it has caused--!! She shook her head to clear it, then sat on a log across from the man.

"You asked a question, now it is my turn to ask you. Who are you, and of what order do you speak? You seem to have observed much of me, yet you have hidden yourself almost as well as my cloak hides me."

_________________
I'm too damn pretty to die.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 5:03 am 
Offline
Addict

Joined: Thu Jun 27, 2002 5:00 pm
Posts: 1095
Location: Hell a.k.a. Georgia
Talus nodded, rolling his shoulder a bit to loosen the stiff muscles, a side affect of a particularly nasty scar some years before.

"My name is Talus, and I am one of the Inheritors. I am descended from the Lady of Darkness, the human consort of the Lord of the Abyss, before he was defeated and slain by the new gods. His blood runs through my family line, and it has manifested in myself. Some small part of his power is mine to command. As for my Order, they are the same as I, heirs to the blood and power of forgotten and defeated gods who once took sport with men and women of mortalkind. Most of them are no different than every other mortal on this world, lacking the true Inheritance. "

Talus rose from his seat, rolling his neck to the side, a light popping sound heard as he did so.

"It would seem, that our goal is the same. Our wish is to be rid of the Book, to send it back to where it came, and to discern what has brought it forth this time, and to stop it. Or stop them. We've no clue as of yet who or what has brought forth the book, though it's more than likely nothing more than a puppet. A tool."

Talus paused, considering his next words.

"My turn. I did not come upon you by accident, my attention was caught by an odd.. disturbance I felt. Someone of power was here shortly before I came, someone with enough presence to be discerned by my senses. And you are not that one. Who was it?"

_________________
"Like a game of pick up sticks,
played by fucking lunatics"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 1:45 pm 
Offline
Addict
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 26, 2002 5:00 pm
Posts: 3236
Location: Allentown, PA
Meji smiled. "Ah. If we are on the same side, it would be my pleasure to work with you. However, I regret to inform you that I cannot tell you who it was that you say you felt. To do so would be to go against my oath as a Wanderer. I am sorry."

She ducked her head quickly in apology.

"Well, master Talus, what do you suggest we do first? I really have no plans for where I go, I just follow my feet--it is what all Wanderers learn to do. Our feet tend to know better than we where we are needed. So if you have a destination, I will defer to you in this regard."

    OOC: Note, she calls him master as a general title, not implying deference in any way. /OOC

_________________
I'm too damn pretty to die.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 5:55 am 
Offline
Addict

Joined: Thu Jun 27, 2002 5:00 pm
Posts: 1095
Location: Hell a.k.a. Georgia
"Well first off, a name would be helpful, friend Wanderer. As far as a destination, I have none, only this amulet." Talus slips a hand into the neck of his shirt, emerging with a small onyx stone set into a silver wire wrap on a chain. "With this I am able to track the Book's movements, though in truth it is not always perfect. There are times when it fails, though I can't understand why. It's as if, at times, the book slides away, not being here anymore, as if it no longer exists on this world. Perhaps it slips into a bordering dimension for some reason occasionally? Neverthe less, let us go. We can speak on the way, miss..."

Talus paused, half turned to leave, his hed turned towards her. A single lock of hair fell across his face, obscuring the center of a darkly amethyst eye in the process as he awaited her answer.

_________________
"Like a game of pick up sticks,
played by fucking lunatics"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 7:55 am 
Offline
Addict
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 26, 2002 5:00 pm
Posts: 3236
Location: Allentown, PA
"Well first off, a name would be helpful, friend Wanderer. As far as a destination, I have none, only this amulet." Talus slips a hand into the neck of his shirt, emerging with a small onyx stone set into a silver wire wrap on a chain. "With this I am able to track the Book's movements, though in truth it is not always perfect. There are times when it fails, though I can't understand why. It's as if, at times, the book slides away, not being here anymore, as if it no longer exists on this world. Perhaps it slips into a bordering dimension for some reason occasionally? Nevertheless, let us go. We can speak on the way, miss..."

Talus paused, half turned to leave, his head turned towards her. A single lock of hair fell across his face, obscuring the center of a darkly amethyst eye in the process as he awaited her answer.

"Your amulet seems a bit more reliable than my usual methods of travel. You'll have to let me take a look at it sometime--I enjoy examining magical items." Meji held out her right hand for him to shake it, and pulled her hood down with the left, revealing a head of brownish-golden hair and sky-blue eyes. "My name is Meji . . . You are one of the few who have seen my face outside of a quarrel. I hope I have not wasted my trust by letting you see me." She smiled warily. "Now that introductions are over, shall we move on?" She pulled her hood back up, hiding her face once more, and waited for Talus's decision.

    OOC: To point out, the ellipsis in Meji's dialogue is where she pauses for a moment. I don't know how Talus would actually react when offered her hand, so I'll leave that up to you to fill in during that pause. Kitsune out. /OOC

_________________
I'm too damn pretty to die.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2003 5:05 am 
Offline
Addict

Joined: Thu Jun 27, 2002 5:00 pm
Posts: 1095
Location: Hell a.k.a. Georgia
Talus took the girl's hand in his own for a moment, before releasin his grip and turning back towards the road.

"Alright then Meji, let's be on our way. The pull of the book, that way."

He nods as he steps out, the cloaked figure moving silently beside him as they follow the pull of the amulet, seeking out the darkest of artifacts.

ooc: Short post. Can't think right now. Too much work, too
much work, too little sleep.

_________________
"Like a game of pick up sticks,
played by fucking lunatics"


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group