ZOMBIE FORUMS

It's a stinking, shambling corpse grotesquely parodying life.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:54 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 290 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next
 Post subject: RT2: CATALYST. Backstory, Characters, and OOC discussion. (RT1 SPOILERS AHEAD...)
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2003 11:35 pm 
<font color=darkred><b>Lorem Ipsum

Okay, i figured it was time to make this thread, and start making RT2 a little more solid. NOTE THAT RT2 WON'T START UNTIL RT1 IS FINISHED.

That said, i'll give some basic background story and the tentatively planned structure of what i think RT2 will be, both as a story and a Forum Play By Post RPG.

STRUCTURE

First, the formula i'm considering.

I want RT2 to be big, very big. And i was wondering to myself how to achieve this bigness. Then i thought of this idea. Have one OOC thread to discuss characters, story developments, ect, and then a number of threads for different locations/story arcs.

Characters would remain mostly specific to one thread. there would be exeptions, but moving threads would be a big event, and not done very often.

How many threads? undecided. Depends on how many people are interested. I was thinknig maybe three...Australia, where mad's involvement will start, America, and Europe. there might be a number of smaller groups in these threads, but seperating the stories by continent seems to make sense.

STORY

So that's the basic structure. Next i'll talk about the general backstory for RT2.

RT2 is set 15 years after RT1 ends, in the year 2020. I don't want to give too much away, but some spoilers are necesary for the setup of RT2, so here goes.

First, Mad and a number of characters die in RT1. Mad, Rand, and maybe one other go to a type of hell, where there is a native mortal species called the Chantha. Humans that are sent to this dimension arrive as immortal, the only way they can die is if they are slain and eaten by another immortal human 'demon'. These Demons arrive with a terrible hunger that can only be sated by the flesh of their demon brothers, but not for long. This is very much a land of survival of the fittest.

As a demon eats more of it's bretheren, it transforms over time iand becomes more powerful, and demonic, but less human. eventually, the creature reaches a point where it is little more than a beast. This process usually takes about 150 years.

Mad has been in this world for 50 years, Rand will have been here for less, as will the other possible player.

I'll let Rand post here and tell you more about his character.

Back in the RT world, Mad's death resulted in the sproutinmg and rapid growth of The Hateful Forest. A large lush forest newly formed in Australia, full of wild creatures with paranormal talents. it is a wild land where science holds no sway, and the Australian govornment has put up a massiv e perimiter fence, and has many guard posts and patrols to make sure nothing goes in or comes out.

Meanwhile, after the end of RT1, the world's govornments signed a treaty banning all scientific research and experimentation regarding paranormals and their powers. Most govornments have actually stuckto this policy, and while many of the richer nations have squads of 'paranormal forces', only a few small and poorly funded organisations and terrorist groups have done any experimentation, and when they are discovered, they are promptly shut down. No more govornment conspiracies on paras, sorry.

Also, borrowing from X-men, iv'e stolen the idea of para Registration. This is legislation that a few govornments have brought in requiring the registration of paranormals and their powers. There is a great deal of Anti-paranormal sentiment in society, and the govornments had to be seen as doing something.

Note that the only paras that can sense other paras are those who have this as a specific ability. if there is no outward sign of who is lifting a car with their mind, nobody knows who it is. This makes Para Registration difficult at best.

Some countries that have mandatory Para Registration: America, Britan, France, China, Israel,

Australia has Para Registration, but it is more you have to be registered to work as a para, using your powers, legally.

I think that is enough backstory for now, any questions, ask them here and i will answer as best i can.

CHARACTERS

Now, there's nothing stopping players from having a character or two in more than one thread, the only constraint is how much time you will have to devote to the RP.

Things i would like to see:

Character before Powers.
make the personality first. make a vague, rough outline of their past, and how this made them the person they are, then make the powers to compliment them.

Limited powers.
The characters in RT are currently very powerful, but Rt1 is also reaching a climax. It makes a more interesting story if you start weak and have somewhere to develop to. Also, powers don't all have to be offensive/defensive. Some funky status powers would be very cool. Powers that aren't just about blowing up the other guy.

A note about pasts. The characters don'thave to be linked to the vents in RT1 at all, in fact, it might be easier if they weren't, especially if you want to play someone younger than about 30 or so. Also, don't make the history too involved, you may run the risk of writing yourself into a corner. A simple timeline of a few important life shaping events is all that's necesary to start.

Okay, iv'e crapped on enough for now. lI'm throwing it open to you guys for discussion. While there will be a few of us dedicatiing time to keeping things running with a little smoothness, this is still going to be a world made by the players, so toss out ideas for events that could hav happened, possible locations for stories, character ideas, QUESTIONS, anything.

a big rule is, IF IT ISN'T SAID IN EITHER THE RP THREADS OR THE OOC THREAD, IT WAS NEVER SAID.

EDUT: may be a little late, but i added the spoilers line.

Last edited by madadric on Thu Aug 21, 2003 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2003 11:43 pm 
Addict

I like the sound of that.

I'd also like to be involved in RT2.

Onion: That's because you're a shifty motherfucker.

UWC: <.<

>.>

<.<

Onion: Fucking precisely you dirty thieving gypsy fuck.

Post subject: *kshhs* RT:2 Indigo 1, ready for launch *kshhs*
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2003 1:10 am 
Addict

Yes yes yes, oh celestial pubic hair yes.

It would be amazing.

I mean, has this ever been done before?

Count me in.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2003 1:11 am 
Addict

Location: the edge of the world and all of western civilization
I'm in.

Just need to develope a character, and such >_<

Post subject: good to hear,
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2003 1:54 am 

glad to see some interest. below is my first batch of characters for RT2. These are relatively core characters to Madadric and his story, and Rebecca & Hurin are up for grabs. Claiming them will garner you more information on the character's tie to mad, and then it's up to you how they develop.

MY CHARACTERS part 1

The only character i really need to play myself is mad, all the others are up for grabs.

name - Madadric

age - looks about 30, is actually about 72, immortal.

appearance - Mad stands about 6 and a half feet tall, has long, flowing red hair hanging half way down his back that always looks messy and wild.He looks to be about 30 years old, with a constant 2 day growth of stubble. his general appearance is untidy, and a feral grin is never far away. His most notable feature are his eyes, yellow pupils with red irises.

origin - Madadric was in the first RT, where he died after a series of destructive battles. He has spent 50 years in a hell dimension, growing stronger and becoming more demonic and forgetting more of his humanity. His return to the RT world signifies great change, much of it brought about by him.

Personality - Mad is very much an Id. He runs purely on emotion and desire, the desire to fight, to strive, and the desire to feed on demonic flesh. He cannot sit still, he needs constant movement and change about him, he barely ever sleeps, and he is quite insane. His motives are as yet unclear, but his actions seem antagonistic to all govornments and societies.

Powers - Bear in mind that Mad is The Big Bad here. I hav made him scary big powers wise so he seems a danger. i have gicen him a big weakness, but that's for you all to figure out by yourselves.

Transformation: Mad can transform into a demonic version of himself, taller, more muscled, tough bone-like armour, bestial style legs, and if he desires, large bat-like wings. this is mostly for show, as he is as strong in his 'human' form as he is in this form. He can also mimic the appearence of a person if he has drunk a litre of their blood.

Teleportation: just a note, i want teleportation to be a rare, and very limited skill. certainly no more powerful than Mad's version. Mad can teleport about 900 kilometers, and must use shadows as portals. and shadow that covers enough area that he can stand on it or walk into it is enough. Mad can only use this teleport to go to areas he has already been in the vicinity of, so he will have to travel via more mundane means for a while.

Strength: Mad is very strong, strong enough to smash through a concrete wall, crush a skull, throw a tank, basic super strength.

Speed: Mad is fast, not as fast as a bullet, but faster than most people pulling the trigger.

Very Minor Hypnosis: If a victim looks Mad in the eye, he can quickly hypnotize them for a few seconds, enough time for him to leap at them and tear their head off. This skill will have no effect on Telepaths.

Toughness: super tough. can take bullets in the chest and keep laughing, can crawl out from buildings dropped on him. tenacious does not begin to describe him.

Regeneration: Can regenerate almost any damage. The extent of this ability is not known, by Mad or anyone else. Parts that regenerate come back stronger and tougher, and mad's humanity is again reduced.

Conversion: There are some mortal humans that mad can sense a familiarity with. The compatibility seems completely random, and only mad can tell if a person fits this catagory. This compatability means that mad can use a little of his demonic energy to make that human a demon like him, but mortal. This means powers for mundane humans, and new, different powers on top of the old for Parahumans. It usually takes madadric about 1/2 a day to 2 days to convert someone, and he can't much concentrate on anything else for that time, although he can come back and finish the job later.

All conversion subjects are driven insane, but don't necisarily join Mad in his exploits.

Name - Rebecca Stanton

age - 28

appearance - shoulder length blonde hair up in a messy bun, thin wire frame spectacles, not unattractive, but not beautiful, a few wrinkles around the eyes. Usually looks very vague unless working on some liturature or artefact, when she looks very focused.

origin - ever since she was a girl, Rebecca has been fascinated with anchient writings, and trying to solve the puzzles of lost cultures. Soon after she graduated from university, she was hand-picked, among several other leading anthropological students to translate some texts found in the Hateful Forest in Australia. The other students made no headway, but Rebecca persevered, and made many breakthroughs, and discovered that the text was actually an account of the life of one of the ExpaTriates, including the events that took place 15 years ago. (RT1) As she became more and more obsessed with the man she was deciphering, her superiors removed her from the project and closed it.

Personality - Rebecca is driven by her need to know what happened in the catastrophe 15 years ago, and she has a strong desired to find out all she can about madadric and his writings still in the forest. After her part in Mad's return to the world, she has to come to terms with his actions and her responsibility for returning him. Bec will be a challenge to play as a character, if you are interested more in characterisation than powers, of which she only has the deciphering of written language, a mild and unpredictable talent at best.

Powers - As i said, Rebecca's only powers is that given time, a few hours, she can decipher and written language/code. She will not be enhanced by Mad, and he has his own reasons for this.

name - Hurin Tharaka

age - 17

appearance - Hurin is one of the Chantha from Mad's Hell Dimension. The chantha have caramel-colored skin, small, pointed cone-like ears, and sinuous long furry tails, like a cat's. The Chantha are a firce warrior race that lives in tribes, and Hurin is a well-built warrior, wiry and strong, with no fat. man scars criss-cross his torso and arms.

origin - Hurin is a young warrior who used to belong to one of the clans, but was ostricized when he fell in love with one of the newly arrived humans before she became a demon. The woman was later killed by hunters from another Chantha tribe, and Hurin killed many of them in a fit of revenge. He would have died, however, if madadric had not been attracted by the sound of battle and slaughtered the hunters en masse.

personality - Hurin now travels with Madadric, believing in him is the answer for the Chantha and the demonic humans to live together. Hurin does not speak any other language than chantha, a language i have written somewhere for anyone who wishes to play him. mad, and maybe Rand are the only two who are likely to understand Hurin's language, although hurin does understand a little of the english language, and is learning more all the time.

Arriving in the RT universe is a shock for Hurni, but he quickly adapts, and still remains madadric's loyal follower. Hurin will likely end up being the bodyguard for Rebecca.

Powers - Hurin is a warrior born and bred, but he is still just a mortal, and from a low-tech world of swords, spears, and bows. his preffered weapon is the halberd, but he can use most melle weapons and bows with high skill. He is also a fast learner, and would quicklt master the concept of guns. however, he would need proper training to be any good at shooting with any accuracy or maintianing the weapon.

More characters to come later!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2003 2:44 am 
Addict

Location: the edge of the world and all of western civilization
From what I've read of the characters, and their ability to cause destruction and all around chaos, I think I"m gonna like this thread.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2003 3:59 am 
Addict

Nice going Mad. Guess I'll give some details as well.

Name: Rand Al'Toor (or Jeroen Rand to avoid copyright infringement. We're not entirely sure)

Age: Complicated: He looks 23, the personality inhabiting the body has existed 23 years, but lived only 8 of them, and the birth of his mortal body was 38 years ago.

Appearance: Rand Al'Toor is still about 1 meter 80 tall. His black unruly curls are still present. His bomber jacket has changed colours from brown leather with white inner clothing to black leather with blood-red lining. His face looks even plaer then it did in life, and his pupils tend to glow red when he gets angry. The most distinguishing mark is a claw on his right arm.

Origin: Rand Al'Toor was part of the split personality of the original Rand Al'Toor. Seperated by Lifyre and death, he is now completely free of the other personality. When arrived in hell, Rand quickly cocluded there were tyrants beyod the world he has known. In short, Rand got religion, he doesn't know which God it was that sends people to hell, but he plans to gather an army of demons/damned souls, break open the gates of hell and storm whatever paradise it is, and free the Proletarian souls. Mortal lives are no longer a concern now that he knows the Class Struggle doesn't end with death.

Personality: Rand is as fanatic as ever. More even. The last vestiges of humanity the psychopath had have been tainted by his eating of the demon flesh. Oddly enough, Rand no longer worries about 'mortal' tyrranny anymore, feeling no particular hatred against police, military or coorporations. Clergy and mystics of any form will be killed on sight. Of course, Rand may do that anyway. But with clergy, it's personal.

Powers: Rand is the OTHER Big bad. However, his powers are slightly less impressive then Mad. Of course, Rand HAS about all the demons of hell behind him. (his relation with the Chantra isn't as good as Mad, as Rand thinks they should die and continue the 'eternal clas struggle' in their respective hells as well)

Pyrotechnics: Rand can wield red fire. It does not need oxygen or fuel to burn, but can cause normal fires.

Claw: Rand's claw tears stuff. He can go through steel plate in a relatively short time, and he'll even get through a tank if given time.

Strength/speed/toughness/regeneration: See Mad really. Hey, we need to make our characters interesting for a fight, no?

Gathering Comrades: Most important. Rand can carve symbols in any fresh corpse and cause one of his MANY comrades back in hell to posses said corpse. In short, after some initial small time butchering, Rand will have an army set up rather quickly.

Hmmm... some other characters too, but I'll have to speak to Mad first to see how we're gonna do that.

Wait, this isn't chewing gum!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2003 4:13 am 
Addict

GAH!

decisions decisions decisions...

hate you mad.. you make me think...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2003 5:11 am 
Addict

Looks like I need to get writing some backgrounds so they can be checked with you guys. 15 years you say, makes bringing and Iron Warriors group more plauseable than having them hide in the bowels of the SM battle barge thats there now (but its little more than a storage area and has no real outcome on the story).

I need to start writing Ironfists background.

"We Legion know what it be like to be warjack. When death comes, I die bleeding oil and sparks like metal brothers. When death comes, I die in steam." - Deidric Harkinos, veteran of the Man-O-War Legion

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2003 5:34 am 

i'm posting this for EZELEK, because his ISP is a cocksucker. so, in closing, this is EZELEK'S CHARACTER.

read on.

Name: Ezelek

Age: Looks to be about 23-24ish, although is in his mid to late sixties. Immortal.

Appearance: Ezelek is about 5'11" tall, a lean wiry figure, but not too much that he doesn't have a defined muscular sense to him. His hair hangs down at chin length, parted so it completely covers his left eye. The colour is predominiantly grey, although it seems to have taken on the faint hint of red, an attribute which has been accredited to the consumption of demon flesh. His eyes share the same greyish colouring as his hair, maybe a fraction or so lighter, and his left has a "dead" appearance to it, no pupil, and seeming to be lacking of any moisture. Other than that, he appears completely human, on the outside. Internally, he has gained another heart in his chest, on the right side of his body, and the two seem to take turns in beating, sometimes (rarely) beating together, and on even rarer occassions, both stopping for brief periods (he's not too happy during these periods, since it imitates a heart attack, and then a semi-state of death until one or the other starts again). Other organs have been re-arranged, but they all amazingly still work, although it's not like he's cut himself open to check where everything is, and to see if anything is new.

Origin: Ezelek was in the first RT, and after a tragic defeat at Fold's hands, ended up, yep, dead, and eventually found himself in Hell, about five years after Madadric arrived there. He held off eating Demon-flesh for about a week, an incredible show of willpower, until finally succumbing to it, with conditions. "... I only eat girls." The lack of physical change by his devouring of the flesh made, and still makes many of the demons consider him retarded, but he very much has the abilities to shut them up, and with Mad as his "partner", no-one really wants to mess with him.

Personality: In the beginning, Ezelek was what could be considered as the "opposite" of Madadric; Cool and cold logic to counterbalance the wild fiery Chaos. But, as time passed, he was eventually "corrupted", and began to develop some Chaotic tendencies. Mostly, the more Orderish logical side of him is in control, but as Chaos whispers and grows stronger, he is prone to fits and spasms of mindless rage and destruction, much like those of Adric the Mad. The two sides have appeared as Serpents to him, snakes that curl around his arms, only visible to him (re: Most likely delusions), with Chaos on the left, and Order on the right.

Powers: Although Ezelek is definetely not the, or a big bad, he isn't a newbie to the game, and has become increasingly tougher since the events of RT1.

Logical Mind: When in a state of Order, his logical mind pretty much can decipher anything given enough time, and allows him to pick up skills rather quickly. Mostly, it's used for him to be able to break into anything and steal whatever treasure he desires, as no lock nor security system that exists has been a match for it so far. For an example of picking up skills quickly... He can go from a total newbie to pro golfer in an hour flat. After all, "It's just simple geometry and physics."

Future Sight: Whilst he can't actually see the future, he can watch a situation and figure out how it will unfold and end just as it has begun. This is also used within his fighting style, letting him see the patterns within someone's movements, and easily weave around them.

Strength: Not quite as strong as Madadric and Rand, but strong enough to pull a metal door off it's hinges, although for some reason, he still prefers to pick the lock. If he's in a Chaotic state, his strength can flux to a peak of more than the duo's, or drop down to leave him as weak as a kitten.

Speed: Ezelek is fast, but appears a lot faster than he really is because of his ability to read movements. Thus, he couldn't actually dodge a bullet, but is already out of the way, because he has "seen" the path that it'll take. Chaos effects this to a degree, but adds a wild twitchyness to his movement pattern, that makes it impossible to judge in which direction he's going to move.

Toughness: A sledgehammer to the chest will drive him back a few feet, and perhaps give him slight bruising, but beyond that, he'll get off unscathed. He can't take nearly as much damage as some of his companions, but tends to avoid most of it, which seems to really help the whole "not getting hurt" thing, that he likes to do. This is one trait that isn't effected by Chaos.

Regeneration: Again, slower than the others, but fast enough that you can physically watch bones knitting back together, muscles regrowing, and skin recovering areas. When effected by Chaos, only pulsates faster, never slower.

There are other things that may... and will develop, but this is just a brief taste, not a life story. (What a lie.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2003 6:42 am 
Addict

I figuire i may as well join.. even though i havent been in any of the RP'ing threads before anyways

this is my character; if anything needs changing, let me know.

Name: RyuKo

Appearance: RyuKo is around 6'2" in height. He is quite thin, but this is rarely noticed through the long, brown, leather coat that he always wears. His hair hangs down below neck length, usually tied back into a ponytail. His hair is a strange dark blue, seemingly black at a distance.

Background: RyuKo was born in a small villiage out in the middle of Canada, his father's identity is unknown to him but from what he can put together, his mother was raped and abandoned at a relatively young age and he was the result. He has some strange mental capabilities which may or may not be due to who his father was, however, even his mother does not know the true identity of him.

RyuKo was driven out of society at a young age due to his strange mental abilities; His random predictions of future events and strange, inexplicable fires which occured whenever he felt extreme emotion caused even his mother to be afraid of him. His grandfather, a powerful martial artist, however, saw RyuKo's potential and took him under his 'wing', so to speak, and trained him in the ways of Kenjutsu. However, he could only protect RyuKo for so long, and, at the young age of 10, he was driven into the wilderness with only the clothes on his back and his bokken.

Personality: As a result of being driven into the wild at a young age, RyuKo has a deep hatred of what he calls "human pettiness". As a result of this, even when amongst civilisation, he refuses to even communicate with most people until the have proved themselves to have honor or power. He has a strong distaste for any kind of politics or mental games and instead is blunt with whatever (if anything) he says.

Abilities: Because of his time spent in the wilderness, RyuKo has developed extremely accurate senses and is an excellent hunter (of both animals and humans). He occasionaly returns to civilisation to steal the supplies that he cannot get in the wild.

His early training in Kenjutsu did not last very long, however, he continued self-study throughout his years in the wilderness and has developed his own, unique style of Kenjutsu. He does, however lack the skills to craft a proper weapon, so he uses a handcrafted sword, similar in style to a bokken, but longer and thinner.

He has two natural Psionic abilities: Pyrokinetics and a weak precognitive ability.
RyuKo's Pyrokinetic ability is unusual, in that it can only be used on objects that he is familiar with and that are touching his person at the time; ie. Weapons, clothing. This ability drains a large amount of stamina when used.
When this ability is used on an object, it also protects and strengthens that item till the point of near indestructability.
His Precognitive abilities are so weak that he cannot control them and they only occur when he has been rendered unconcious as dreams.

These are just a rough base, may add more later.

EDITED: added personality, more background and some more specific information on his abilities

Edit2: added location (Canada)

Last edited by Tatsu on Sun Aug 24, 2003 10:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2003 12:56 pm 

I'm in.

Working on a character. Had an idea, but the government conspiracy clause might prevent that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2003 12:58 pm 
Addict

I'm in (MiB persuaded me), i'll write a cahracter profile when i get a chance, consider this a bookmark.

One suggestion i'd liek to make if the arc will be in different threds: Have a seperate forum section with a number of mods/admins who are the only people who can make new threads (read arcs). This would also prevent RT2 stuff cluttering and obscuring other RPs and visa versa.

PTLIS

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2003 1:01 pm 

Yes. RT2 Forum = WAI!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2003 1:14 pm 
PostWhorePornStar

I'm in as well. I'll stick to this one, as it has caught my interest very much. I'm typing up a char that I'll post here shortly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2003 1:15 pm 
Addict

Since there's lotsa stuff I'm putting in for this character ( I REALLY wanna make sure she works) I'm putting the stuff in a separate thread.

Believe me, you'll understand why when it's posted.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2003 1:30 pm 
Addict

Name: Indigo

Appearance: 5 foot 7 inches short, Indigo is of a slim build and just shies of muscular. His skin is continental, which gives him a tanned look, with dark braided dreadlocks that go down his back and rest at the centre of his shoulders. He has a kind expression and is usually smiling.

Origin: Born in the UK, and only 6 when the events of the First RoadTrip, he only knows what has been released on the Internet, accounts from witnesses, and the extensive live recording that was produced during the opening events of which he downloaded, and has listened to repeatedly…

Personality: Indigo suffers from a sunny disposition, and is constantly looking on the bright side of things. Intelligent, in a worldly sense as he has no real profession, he is a fountain of useless knowledge. Indigo a thrill seeker streak, and this is extenuated by the amount of extreme sports he contends in, this with a deep dabbling in martial arts makes him swift, agile and moderately powerful. The martial arts not only affects him physically, yet mentally. Indigo has a very strong sense of what is right and wrong, and a powerful respect for other peoples lives, he will uphold what he believes in up to the bitter end, and beyond.

Powers: Indigo has not yet “awakened” or realised his powers as yet, and as such, is unrefined, chaotic and a danger to himself, and others around him.

Gravija: This is the only power Indigo possesses and is all and more than he could ever need. The power to affect the gravitational forces emitted by the planet means he has (will) complete control of his actions.

Personal: Indigo has a range bubble of power, the further away the object the less control he has. The effect he can place on himself is limitless, lowering the gravity effect on himself, he can virtually fly, changing his centre, he can walk up walls like they were the ground. The majority of the time, he will use it to “skate” just above the floor at increased speed.

Outward: If close enough (a distance of around 5 meters) Indigo can effect others gravity like his own, the more he uses the power though, the quicker he drains his natural energy, in layman’s terms he get hungry, fast. So the better he feels, and the more sugar and protein in him, the longer he can maintain.
Offensively, Indigo can crush things by increasing the gravity in a point, so much so, that he could theoretically create a black hole, but that would demand a lot of concentration, time and would kill him and everyone in the process, and is unlikely to happen. The extent he can crush is effected by the range and current state of Indigo. He could crush a car, but that would leave looking like he ran a mile. The preferred offensive is hand-to-hand combat, or if available, weapon combat. The latter he lacks in discipline yet makes up for the fact he can hyper-extenuate his movements.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2003 1:56 pm 
PostWhorePornStar

This is long and is two people. If I need to elaborate more on something, I can.

Name: Benjamin & Aaron
Height: 5'9"
Weight: 155 lbs
Complexion: Light, but not overly pale
Eyes: Sky Blue
Hair: Both have long crimson hair. About the only defining factor between the two is their facial hair. Aaron keeps his trimmed to a neat goatee, whereas Benjamin usually has a full, scruffy beard.

Location: Small podunk town in the southwest US. Very little advanced technology. The only people online are hardcore computer people, and even that is dial up, so the twins don't really have access to anything besides what they can find in print about the past, and even thats restricted to them.

Background: Twins. The two of them know exactly what the other is thinking and feeling, even though they tend to look at things in an exact opposite manner. Both were born and raised in a small town. At age 13, they find out that their parents aren't in fact their real parents. They were both found about 15 years ago with no memory of anything happening prior to then. They both have always exhibited powers but have been kept from any knowledge of the happenings in RT1. The world prior to 15 years ago is a complete mystery which no one has been willing to share. The two travel together mostly, although they do function well apart from each other. They haven't had the easiest of times growing up, as the other children around could be very creul to anyone who is different. They had to learn how to fight young, and by this time in their life, no one locally will even mess with them face to face. The last one to try hit Aaron with a bat and knocked him to the ground and was quickly hospitilized by Benjamin. Aaron, after finding out that he himself was relativley unhurt and knowing what Benjamin did, rushed to the hospital to help the kid. He was too late, however, and was deeply saddened and angered. Neither one has ever talked to anyone who could tell them just what their powers mean or how they have them.

Personalities:

Aaron - Calm, cool, and collected. He usually never jumps without analyzing the situation first. His only exception, someone in pain. He is a kind person, and will always help someone out to the fullest of his ability.

Benjamin - Wild and excentric. He does pretty much whatever comes to him at a whim. If he sees something that catches his eye, he is instantly goes for it without restraint. Not very likely to help someone, however, unless it is in his interest.

Abilities:

NOTE: As twins, they have the ability to do pretty much the same thing, but they are at different levels of each ability, as one has chosen to strengthen more over another. They do not have, however, the same potential maximum power for all abilities. None of their abilities are greatly powerful at this point. In time, however, both have great potential.

Enhanced Observation - Both Benjamin and Aaron have always been very keen on what is going on around them. People used to think they payed attention to so many little things that it bordered on precognition. Granted their observation is just better than normal peoples and not anything compared to those who have honed their talents, such as Ezelek.

Healing - Aaron is exceptional at healing peoples wounds and curing their ailments. His kindness has led him to use this ability extensively. Benjamin, on the other hand, could give a rats ass about other people and has only once ever used his power.

Strength - Both are strong for their size, Benjamin being the strongest. Compared to a normal human, Aaron is just a little above average, easily able to benchpress more than 1.5x his weight with ease. Benjamin is a great deal stronger, and can easily bench over 2x his weight like it is nothing. In their small town, they are generally the strongest people and are called upon many times to help out when muscle is needed, although Benjamin can usually handle things himself.

Agility & Dexterity - Both are, once again, slightly enhanced, although Benjamin is moreso than Aaron. Benjamin loves to play instruments and such, and his enhanced Dexterity has helped him greatly. When combined with their enhanced observation they can easily avoid most anything that a normal human is throwing or swinging at them. They have never even thought about trying to avoid bullets, so whether or not they are quick enough to do so is unknown.

Elemental control - When both were young, any fit thrown by them would cause massive changes in the weather. Benjamin seemingly grew out of it, but Aaron still periodically will still cause things of this nature to happen. It has only happened recently when he was unable to heal a friend or save someone's life. Things that would happen include, but are not limited to, thunderstorms, strong winds, fires, blizzards, hail storms, and, on one occasion, a massive earthquake. Neither has any concious control over this power as of right now.

TwinSense - Both can sense the exact location of the other and know exactly what the other is thinking and feeling. At times, it seemed to others as the two could almost conciously switch locations. Although the twins have yet to ever do so, it doesn't rule out the possibility that they could.

Regeneration & Toughness - Nothing has ever came along that has hurt the twins. They have never been sick or injured in any way. It would seem like they are invunerable to others, but they know they aren't. In fact, they just have a slight form of regeneration that, to others, makes them look as so. They have never been in a situation where it was put to the test, however, so the extent to how much they can regenerate is unknown. It is known that they can be hit by a bat from a normal human and be knocked down, but not really hurt or damaged in any way.

So far, this is all the twins have discovered about themselves. They have tried, albiet unsuccessfully, to read other's thoughts besides their owns. This is not to say that this is all that they can do, but merely this is all they have found out they can do. They have never had training in anything out of the ordinary, and as such, they only know how to do things they have figured out on their own.

EDIT: Added location

Last edited by krylex on Fri Aug 22, 2003 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2003 3:17 pm 
Local

::pokes her head in:: Mrrp! Eryn heah, reporting. I haven't time to post a profile tonight, but it gives me something to procrastinate against doing my insane amounts of Algebra homework... I'll do it either tonight or tommorrow during the day.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2003 6:43 pm 
Addict

And yus .. I figure I'll join. Gotta make up a char, though.

That'll come soon.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 290 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next