ZOMBIE FORUMS

It's a stinking, shambling corpse grotesquely parodying life.
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:47 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2002 12:42 pm 
Addict

<html><body>

A week ago, each of you was assigned from your repsective agencies into a division of the OHS- your mission is vauguely defined as "to insure the security of the American people by any means nessesary." You are still officially part of your respective agencies, but at any time the OHS may call on you to do special jobs which your team's skills are required for. Today, each of you got a month's payed vacation from your agencies, and a temporary transfer to the OHS. With it, you recieved this folder:

<font size = 4><center><B>CONFIDENTIAL/NOFORN</font></b><br><br>
<font size = 3>WARNING!<br>THIS IS A COVER SHEET<br>FOR CLASSIFIED INFORMATION</font><br><br>
<font size = 2><b>This cover sheet is UNCLASSIFIED</b><br><br><br>
All individuals handling this information are required to protect it from unauthorized disclosure in the interest of the national security of the United States.<br>
Handling, storage, reproduction and disposition of the attached document(s) will be in accordance with applicable executive order(s), statute(s), and agency implementing regulations.<br><br><br>
This cover sheet is UNCLASSIFIED<br>
</font><font size = 4> <b>CONFIDENTIAL/NOFORN</FONT></b></center>

Inside the folder is your mission:

In New York, the police are attempting to convict yet another mafia don- the convictions seem to keep coming, despite the fact that the mafia was supposedly destroyed from the top down years ago.

Unfortunately, one of the 6 undercover agents who all have information that will help convict the don has been killed. Normally, the FBI (which has jurisdiction) would handle the case, but the actual assasin, from the 30 or so witnesses of the murder, gives the OHS jurisdiction over the FBI.

The man was Abdullah Ahmed Abdullah, one of the top 10 most wanted terrorists (his profile is available at this address: http://www.fbi.gov/mostwant/terrorists/fugitives.htm).

You are now in charge of the investigation. It is not known why Abdullah is apaprtently working for the New York mafia, but all of our information points to it being him.

Another thing to hunt down is an apparent mole in the NYPD- there is no reason to believe that the mafia somehow found the undercover agent out, though that is a possibility.

The NYPD has all evidence recovered from the murder scene. The murder took place approx 16 hours ago. 2 adjacent rooms at a local roach motel have been reserved for you- the address is contained within the folder. That is the only information we have to go on as of now. The OHS will wire you information via encrypted e-mail every 24 hours. Also contained in the folder is an e-mail account @cia.gov, and a password.
</body></html>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: The Man In Black on 2002-06-07 16:01 ]</font>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2002 1:12 pm 
Addict

(OOC) CHRIST, THAT'S A FUCKING HUGE FONT.

P-M

-><-

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2002 4:02 pm 
Addict

OOC: Why pyro,I have no idea what you're talking about.../OOC

If your character does not live in NYC, he is currently at NY International. If not, they are at their houses.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: The Man In Black on 2002-06-07 18:33 ]</font>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2002 5:55 am 
Addict

OOC/Mind if I join? I have a character made up.../OOC

Now the die must fall,
There ain't a winner in this game
Who don't go home with all, Not with all...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2002 2:03 pm 
Addict

OOC: Sure, clay. e-mail him to me. /OOC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2002 11:50 am 
Addict

It's on it's way. Fom my E-mail address Angelo.edu!

Now the die must fall,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2002 12:41 pm 
Addict

LIST OF EVIDENCE(this should jumpstart you lazy bastards. Is it so hard to say "I go down to the NYPD station where the evidence is being held"?)

-COAT, good quality, leather, had a JC PENNY'S brand name inside
-Matchbook, CLUB APOCOLYPSE
-List of witnesses (7) and their addresses
-Testimony from the dead cop's partner
-List of cops who had intimate knowledge of who was involved in the case (32)

PM me for specifics on any of these items

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2002 5:29 pm 
Addict

(OOC)

I won't be able to get started properly for a few days. Running into some logistical difficulties moving back from college; as soon as I get my own computer set up, I'll be able to write some good roleplay. Anyway, I think I can get sort of started...

My character's name is Tyler. He is a member of SEAL Team 6, and an experienced sniper and scout. He arrived in NY early last night, from the Navy base in California where he's been staying for the last week or so. Go ahead and PM me for his last name or any other specifics.

(/OOC)

Tyler wakes up in the cheap hotel where he's staying, fights off the remnants of jet lag, dresses in civvies, and heads down to the police station to take a look at the evidence. Detective work is hardly his specialty, but Tyler hates to feel like a fifth wheel.

P-M

-><-

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2002 6:02 pm 
Addict

*Clay is already at the Police station having failed to stop to find a hotel room. He's currently drinking coffee and flirting with a female police officer when Tyler walks in.*

"Have a cigar and a cup of coffee, this should be fun."

*Offers tyler a cigar*

Now the die must fall,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2002 6:32 am 
Addict

OOC: I'm going to wait till I get my profile from you MIB, so I don't make any dumbheaded mistakes... yet (problems involving me using uni computers and interrnet cafe's for my cponnection)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2002 6:45 am 
Addict

OOC: Rand, I got your character. You are who you want to be. You could be on the latest flight from SoCal if you want to. /OOC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2002 5:31 pm 
Addict

OOC:Carver is a future/alternate reality me, as such he's English and messing around as a journalist/writer in NYC for various reasons, mostly writing for 'alternative' publications, with very little success gained or wanted. Visas don't last forever, but not looking like a mad arab terrorist, he's pretty far down the list of people to throw out of the country at the moment

I thought that to mix an 'illegal alien'(ha)/journo/pesky kid in with the standard roughty toughty Marine/FBI types could be interesting, but hey, I'll probably just get killed straight off :wink:

should we cut off our sigs to keep it flowing or not bother?/OOC

*Carver started his 3rd glass of coke of the morning, not only was it nicer tasting than coffee, but it appealed to his sense of being 'out of place' to sit in a coffee shop, the kind he's seen in every TV show and movie about New York since he was a kid, and drink nothing but glasses of cold coke*

"now, where was I? Ah, yes..."

*He picks up the newspaper he was looking over before, flipping to the mafia undercover story, there seemed to always be one in the papers, but this one seemed... odd...*

"I hoid it was some a-rab wasted him" announced the barman (or whatever they call these coffee shop types, he acted like a barman anyway) in a bad <I>New Yoik</I> drawl as he passed by

"Quite" Carver replied in his most exaggerated English accent "odd that"

*muttering to self* "I might have a look into that, see if I can't do some real journalism for a change, might aswell hide out in the open, it's getting boring here anyway"

*Carver settles up his bill and heads off in the vague direction of the NYPD place mentioned in the article, having been here the best part of a year he still had very little idea of how to navigate the city quickly*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2002 7:09 pm 
Addict

*Clay turns suddenly as Carver enters the station and throws an octopus at him, hitting him in the chest!*

"Are you ready? Are you prepared for the... <font size=5>REDWINGS</font> to win the Stanley Cup?!? <font size=5>HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!</font> ... just kidding."

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Clay_Allison on 2002-06-10 19:10 ]</font>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2002 7:46 pm 
Addict

*the initial shock of the octopus attack and the strange shout that accompanied it catch Carver off balance, he attempts to regain his composure, brushing imaginary dust off his shirt, ignoring the smirking desk sergeant who observed the octo-assault*

*mutters* "Americans..."

*noticing that the octopus thrower seems to be accompanied by an army-type, and both seem to be less than local, Carver decides to see what they're up to*

"yes, an octopus... anyway, now that we're introduced, you gentlemen wouldn't happen to be fellow non-NYC inhabitants would you?"

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ollie on 2002-06-11 17:22 ]</font>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2002 8:24 pm 
Addict

"Clay Allison, from Texas. nice to meet you."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2002 5:10 am 
Addict

After settling in his hotel room, Williiam Smithson arrives in a suit at the police station with a cab. Smiling politely at the receptionist, he asks to see the evidence held there so far.

OOC: Sorry, creativity dropped to zero today. Just getting things started up a little.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2002 7:00 am 
Addict

A policeman walks up to the group.

"I'll take you to see the evidence now. And who might you be?" He asked to the reporter. "I was told about Allison and the other guys, but I don't think your supposed to be here."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2002 3:02 pm 
Addict

He's clean, he's my assistant. I brought him here to take pictures, sketches and notes. I'm a shitty photographer, I couldn't draw the color black, and my notes are unreadable, sometimes even to me."

*Winks at Carver.*

Now the die must fall,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2002 5:08 pm 
Addict

"ok, so my photography is more luck than judgment, but hey" carver thought to himself "but luck seems to be working so far today"

*nods and smiles at the policeman*

"Yes officer, I'm with the group, although I dare say they have more of an idea of what's going on that me"

*looks over at the marine/army type who although remaining silent, is obviously paying attention, letting the charismatic Texan do the talking* "good idea, I think I'll follow his lead" Carver thought

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ollie on 2002-06-11 17:20 ]</font>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2002 6:06 pm 
Addict

OOC: Clay, why did you make a CoC 5.0 character when I said Delta Green? Your at a big disadvantage, buddy. Lots of skills arn't available in 5.0 that are in Delta Green. /OOC

The policeman shrugs. "Whatever. Its the fuckin' feebs job now, not mine. Down that hallway, last door on the right." He points vauguly down a hallway.