ZOMBIE FORUMS

It's a stinking, shambling corpse grotesquely parodying life.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:14 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: A Good Day In Hell
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2003 7:28 pm 
Addict

It is dizzying at first, not just the landscape, that sinks in later, it’s the sense of wrongness that assails the mind, the sense that wherever you are, this is not the world you were born in, this is NOT earth. It doesn’t come to you immediately why you are so sure, and then the first details hit your conscious mind. This place has no horizon; it stretches as far as you can see. After you come to grips with that, you can start on the landscape. Good Luck. Rolling grassland stretches indefinitely, broken by solitary mountains, impossible rock formations and black, twisted trees older than human thought, and larger than any earth has ever seen. Dominating all of this is …The Storm.

The storm exists on a scale that dwarfs the capacity of the human imagination, it covers the sky completely, and the landscape is lit not by sun, mood, or star, but by the flickering candle of lighting. Thousands of flashes, bolts and innumerable permutations are visible in any direction, at any second, caressing the mountains, crawling along the clouds, and blasting the timeless trees who shrug off the damage and heal, Heaven could never be so Terrible, and Hell never so beautiful, and that is only fitting, welcome, to Purgatory.

I am Clay Allison, one of the very few who call this place home. This realm exists to prepare the mortal mind for eternity, here you are given a taste of what purgatory will be like if you come here again, and, I will be your guide.

Clay sat alone on the top of a mountain, it was an odd mountain, as many were here, it towered 3 miles aboves the savanna but, as if the top of the mointain had been cut off, it was a flat on the top, a 200M diameter circle. Clay had built a house in the middle of it, he did like the view. He sat inside because it was one of those periods of torrential rain. Suddenly, he jumped to his feet and walked outside, rain sluicing off of him as if he were made of Teflon. Yes. He was right, a storm WAS coming. Not the storm, it neither came now went, it just was. No, this was a different kind of storm, and the boundaries were getting thin. Clay knew with the certainty of death that he would not be alone for long.

(OOC: Main thread is up all those I've already talked to about it can join at their leisure.)

Now the die must fall,
There ain't a winner in this game
Who don't go home with all, Not with all...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2003 7:25 pm 
Addict

A few hours? Maybe more? Definatly more, I feel hungry but then that's no measure.

"Heh" came a very cold and lonley sound, literally drowned out by the rain coursing down from the sky. Looking up, Indigo just smiled weakly back at it as his already sodden face was barraged by more rain. "Just wait until I get home and tell everyone 'Hey! Hell isn't all fire and dudes in red! It's just like here, but worse!'"

Rain.

"FUCK" he shouted as he came to a stop. Moving his arms around inside his hoodie, he got quickly agitated and pulled it off and threw it to the floor kicking it. "Why the fuck did it have to be rain?!" he screamed at nothing. He went to kick his hoodie again, but missed and sent a soggy shoe into the distance. "Well, if that isn't the most USEFUL FUCKING THING TO FUCKING HAPPEN!"

He sat on the wet floor, not that it mattered, he might aswell have been wading through the air. Drencehed through and miserable, he sat for a minute, thinking of the things that had happened recently. He looked at his hands, lifted the right and caught the shoe that had gone he had kicked off. "*sigh*, Well, at least I get to do this kind of shit, but what about..? !!!"

Looking up he saw a large maountain infront of him. Looking slyly from side to side he looked back at the sillouhette of mountain, "Kay...And that came from, where?"

Rain.

"Of course, different place different rules I guess. Well, I don't think I have anything better to do..." He said as he took off his other shoe, socks and top, got up and tied the top around his waist, "well hey man, it isn't the heat, it's the humidity! Ha haaa~I'll never get that fucking joke"

Now walking half naked, but with a purpose, he bagan to hum to himself.

Man, I always liked the feel of grass under my feet

Last edited by Indigo on Thu Feb 10, 2005 5:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2003 2:32 pm 
Addict

Clay stood patiently in the driving rain, which seemed to be intent on finding out for damned sure whether he was soluble or not. The fellow was making good time climbing the mountain.

After a few minutes Indigo dragged himself over the edge, to fing Clay standing there, arms crossed. staring down at him.

"OK, lad, glad you decided to come but let's dispense with the openers. 1. You are probably about to say, this can't be! Answer, yes it can. 2. I am not the devil 3. I am not Saint Peter. 4. You are NOT too young to die. 5. This is Purgatory, I am one of the few permanent denizens.

It is here you will prepare your mind and soul for eternity. Any questions?

Now the die must fall,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 7:20 pm 
Addict

There was a moment of silence.

Indigo thought to himself as he gave a sidelong look at the oddly old style westener.

Ok, not the Devil. Good, this I can handle. Not St. Peter, again, good, I'd be pissed if this was heavan. Purgatory, ok...

"Purgatory?" Indigo said as he turned around to look at the neverending grey "but, I can't. I mean I'm not...am I?" he turned back to look at Clay "I can't be dead, I'm too young to..." Clay grinned. "Well, fuck, fine I'm in purgatory, but I can't have died, I was only back at home when all this shit happend and then...then..."

Pause.

Indigo scratched his head and looked up at Clay again, "Fuck, what the hell happened back there?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 12:10 am 
Addict

Clay laughed,

"Wish I could help you man, but I have no Idea what happens on earth when I'm here, I was shocked when someone passing bay a while ago told me they'd finally gotten rid of those disgusting Bellbottoms."

"I can tell you that If you really didn't remember dying, it's possible you got here through a deep trance or hard drugs."

"good news is that you aren't damned, or you wouldn't be here, but if I'm going to help you, you have to help yourself, tell me about who you are, and what you were, then we might get an idea of how much work needs to be done."

All of this time Clay was wondering why, why did he keep getting a tingling sensation along the back of his neck? Why did he feel the other shoe hadn't dropped? Well, he'd know soon enough...

Now the die must fall,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2003 8:55 pm 
Addict

<b>[OOC:]</b> Is it too late to join? You were talking to me about this back when it first started. And I'm sorry I took so long to get my character written down... but I'd be willing to dedicate myself to this thread... if it hasn't died. I still think it's a good idea. Anyways, please get back to me. <b>[/OOC]</b>

Last edited by Kali_Ava on Mon Dec 15, 2003 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2003 9:51 pm 
Addict

"Definatly not drinking like that again... not alone..."

Timothy Day drew closer to consciousness..

"...Why is it so wet.. uh.. am I dreaming...uhhg.. have I pissed myself?"

Day awoke, sitting up, his eyes still closed...

Rain.

It was... Rain. and this was certainly not the carpeted floor of his unit.

Day's eye's snapped open...

"Jesus-FUCK"

Day lept to his feet, staring at the two strangers, atop an impossible mountain set in a land that existed nowhere on his home planet.

Day reached into his suit...

"Whats going on?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2003 7:03 am 
<font color=darkred><b>Lorem Ipsum

He continues to climb through the driving rain, stopping every so often to stare wonderingly at the ferocious, beautiful storm, the flashing, forking lightning illuminating his rain-slicked body, grey-brown hair, grey-green eyes. His open black longsleeve shirt whips and flaps wetly in the gust-driven rain, his scruffy hair whipping about his face, but the face is calm...as though all this seems completely normal to the young man.

And in a way, it does. He does not remember anything but the stormy sky, this odd landscape the he feels should seem so strange, but he can't place why.

"It's....singing..." The man tilts his head, listening to the wind howl about the mountain, the rain slashing at his face, hammering against the ground, a savage lullaby that warms his heart as it chills his bones.

He looks back up the slope, nearly to the top, and continues on. "maybe i'll recognize something at the top...or remember..."

For what must be the hundredth time, the young man wonders why he can't remember anything about himself, or his life before he woke up here...how long ago? "How long is long? longer than a short time, which is from now to...now...much longer than that...but how many nows have gone by?"

well, it could be worse, i guess...i don't know HOW it could be worse, but something tells me it could.

Finally, the man reaches the top of the mountain, a flat plateau, with a house in the center, three figures he can barely make out in the torrential rain, one standing calmly, the other two somewhat on edge.

Curious and unafraid, perhaps because nothing in his short experience had tought him to be afraid, the nameless youth walks toward the three figures, looking between them.

Post subject: Eep. Here comes the craptacular writing, curtiously provided by too much boredom in school during class
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2003 12:47 pm 
Addict

Natara was walking, but she couldn't see the path. The she wasn't walking. Her legs and arms had been restrained. There were fingers touching, feeling, probing every part of her body, and still she could not see.

<i>I should open my eyes, my...</i>

"What a peculiar creature she is. " "Diseased." "No, just scarred." "A ritual perhaps?" "Inconclusive, but she has quite a lovely body shape." "The skin is soft, in fairly well condition," whispers and voices belonging to groping hands around her.

<i>They don't know. I'm not awake. Awake? Asleep. A dream. A dream... I wish to open my eyes.</i>

And she did.

Yet, Natara did not awake to find herself curled up under her blanket. Instead, it was wet. Harsh dew drops fell from a harsh sky. Beautiful it was, she thought. Breath-taking, really. She turned her head and looked around to better take in the scene.

<i>Where am I? This place... it's oddly... comforting...</i>

She crouched down to all fours, alert yet relaxed. Daring not to make a sound yet, Natara listened for any recognizable sound. Garbled mumbles carried with the wind, drowned out by the distance and rain.

<i>Alright. I am behind some wall, on a high area. The area has not shown any immediate dangers yet. Time to explore.</i>

Creeping out, she cautiously moved from her place to find that the 'wall' she had been by belonged to a house. It's front, back, and side lawns were all an open clearing. There stood three beings, and one young man who was making his way to the trio.

<i>This plane has people. Might as well get to know my enemies before they attack...</i>

At this time, Natara stood up, collected herself and put up her guard, walking confidently toward the small group.

-------------

<b>[OOC]</b> Well, as I suppose people are joining, it's alright to start now? Uh, I apologize for my terrible writing, but I take it it doesn't much matter when RPing... Anyways, I look foward to the social interaction and character development. Thanks for letting me in on this.<b>[/OOC]</b>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2003 4:24 pm 
Addict

****Posting For Darksetyuna as she ant get logged in today****Dark rolled up her sleeves and flicked the hood off her head. She wasn’t used to wearing so much clothing, even when it rained, yet after a few moments of trudging wet countryside, sopping pantlegs clinging to her ankles and beads of rain gathering on her bare arms, she dipped downwards, throwing her hood back on and jacket sleeves over her hands.

“I’ve gone too far this time.” It was probably the most obvious thing she had said in a while. “My god I’ve gone too far. Fricking Purgatory. Wonder if they’ll move me to the other levels while I’m in this ...” she muttered, feeling her neck and cheeks. A few dozen piercings along her ears, some excessive jewelry, a quick eye color change and maybe some tattoos at various places ... nothing drastic.

So how in hell am I here?

“You wanted to escape didn’t you, dumbass.” she chuckled, kicking up into a jog up the mountainside to the others.

OOC - it’s okay for me to post this, right? If not just delete, yo.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2003 1:44 am 
Addict

Clay was suddenly the one overwhelmed, he looked back at those asssembled as they were drawn, for reasons he couldn't fathom, towards him. This had never happened before, but who could fathom the workings of fate? Certainly not him. An outdated device, a n obsolete peice of Deus Ex Machina, An elephant rifle in New Zealand. Now he was needed again, now there was once again needed, to have purpse, to serve, was surprisingly precious to him now.

The rain drove on, the lightning raged as always, the only light in a land with no sun. Beautiful and terrible, like the lanscape, from his mountain Clay could see hundreds of others, thousands of the ancient trees, trees who some say imprisoned souls, tortured forever by the storm.

Some of this gathering were dead he was sure, he was unsure about others. He felt for them, he didn't know why, he wanted to help them and didn't know why. Who cares? He thought. I'm not alone, in this time fugue of moments I have sat centuries in my shelter watching the storm, wrapped in darkness, crying for the love I left on earth last time. Time to wash the tears away in the fresh freezing rain, time to be needed again, time to be alive in the only way I can.

"Boys and girls, and that is just what you are, we are about to embark on a journey, I am your Virgil, and we shall set out across this vast expanse to fand a destination which is within yourselves, you will face obstacles within yourselves, and becme adults in a way none tied to the mortal world can be, and if any of you do return to midgard, you will be as far beyond those around you as you are now beyond a newborn child. Like the storm that wreathes this plane in its prescence, the change will be beautiful and terrible, but you as you would not wish to be a child again, will never wish to return to what you were. First though, speak your names to us and tell us who and what you are, that we may know your soul, and find you in the darkness."

As he spoke these words the rain died and the storm became silent, though the lighning played on as ever.

Now the die must fall,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2003 9:36 am 
Addict

Dark slowed along the outskirts of the small gathering. She strode from gap to gap in the crowd, not sure where she was expected to stop. A request, a name. Uncertainty. Should she give the genuine name or the one she was wearing in the raincoat, the jewelry, the golden eyes?

Best to stay safe. “Alex Daghourt.”
Finally finding a comfortable place to stop, she crossed her arms and stared up at the lightning. The rain was done … and she unzipped the raincoat, only to marvel at the white blouse she sported underneath.

OOC – out of posting order, I guess. But I’m not doing much … so I guess it’s okay. Just wanted to get this in here early so that I wouldn’t haveta make Grey post for me again tonight. ^___^

/me basks

<a href="http://darksetyuna.modblog.com">Who says computer doesn't taste like meat!?!</a>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2003 5:22 pm 
<font color=darkred><b>Lorem Ipsum

The boy sinks back from the group a little, worried for the first time in his memory. A name? A past? The very things he lacks.

The youth fears being rejected, fears what the man might say when he found out. "i am sorry, i cannot help you" "No name?! EVERYONE has a name! stop wasting my time!"

It still does not occur to the young man to lie, his complete lack of memory giving him a kind of innocence that perhaps even children lack. A child will lie if they believe the lie is what you want them to say, but this though does not even occur to the boy, he just stays silent, dreading.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2003 8:23 pm 
Addict

Listening to the small lecture from Clay and observed the other approaching people. "Alright, ok, wait..." Indigo uttered with one hand out to space himself and another on his temple the force back the nagging sensation that this is only going to get worse. "..Ok, Name? I'm... Indigo. Not my natural name, but this is no natural place, and I'm not sure what's natural or normal anymore"

Indigo looked at Clay. He sighed, "It all started out nice" He began with a furrowed brow, trying to fork out the memories, "I was in a tournamant, skating tournament, freestyle nothing big, just a trophy a check for a few hundred pounds, the usual." He paused as flashes of people screaming appeared in his mind's eye, black, flowing, screaming...From him. People were running from him, he could see them, now in a new way, colour traced their movements of where they were and where they were going, screaming, a familiar face, metal....Black.

"Shit..." he muttered to himself, I can just see it, but it's muddled, it makes no sense though. I...I just get all these feelings that don't fit the pictures and I don't remember any of what is in my head happening. I just...I don't think I died, I can't beleive it, somthing in me tells me that I have somthing to do, somwhere to go, and you" He said pointing at Clay "Are going to be the one that takes me there. Even if it kills both of us. Properly of course, I mean I know we're supposed to be kinda dead now, but...fuck you know what I mean, just tell me what I need to do to get back, or at least out of here."

Indigo looked around at the others and Clay, waiting for one or the other to speak, as he scanned around he could feel the gravity of the situation bearing down on him, but he wasn't going to let that affect him outwardly, he had to remain focused, but the only thing he could think of was that this is only the beginning of a very long lesson.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2003 10:23 pm 
Addict

He had short hair, dyed black. Brown eyes, tired and haunted, but with the spark of life still dwelling within. He made his way up the hill, grunting with the effort.

He had seen the people gathering upon the hill not far off, and having only just arrived felt he should investigate. It turned out to be farther than he'd expected. But, somehow, strangely, shorter.

He'd gotten used to such things happening. He knew why he was here, or some of the reason--enough to know that yes, he was dead, but not how.

As he completed his ascension, the man called Clay asked for names. He heard the one who chose to be named Indigo ramble about his own memories. He was intrigued.

He coughed, drawing the attention of some of the group. Suddenly finding that there were eyes--real eyes--staring at him, he paused.

"I . . ." he said. Then he regained his mood and continued, "I'm . . . well, call me Youkai . . . er, actually just call me Kai. It's easier." Having found his voice, the words came easier to him as he spoke. "My life before this doesn't matter. All that matters is that I made mistakes that I was unable to atone for. Perhaps I'll find redemption here, or perhaps I'll only seal my damnation. I'm as lost as the rest of you seem to be. That's all."

'Kai' looked around. "I'm sorry. I was in too much of a hurry, I guess. I shouldn't have spoken so soon." He dipped his head in apology.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2003 12:35 pm 
Addict

The corners of Natara's lips tugged upwards at the Dante reference. What the man had to say was insightful, which pleased her. Childish adults roamed Earth, as they had all been children once but a chance to grow in one of the astral planes provided oppertunity like no other. Natara's interest flared. This place was intriguing.

The others were rather hesitant to answer. A new male arrived, Kai; extremely on and edge and nervous, which might account for his rushed babbling.

"I am called Natara. I am also unsure of what this realm is known as. You speak of Virgil, Midgard, and death." Natara turned to directly face the 'Virgil' of the group. "Our Guide, surely you must have knowledge of this plane. I humbly request your enlightenment."

Pleasant, respectful enough. Her senses were still slerted to the movements and dangers of everyone else; but she had just directly address the only Spirit who seemed comfortable, even somewhat excited and jubilant, in hopes of an answer. Natara had learned to develop a little patience.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2003 11:23 pm 
Addict

Clay looked at each of the people in turn, his gaze fixed first on Dark, though the others could not make out exactly where his gaze lay, to dark his eyes, normally hiddent in shadow, deep in their sockets, blazed forth, looking at her, into her, and through her. His eyes held hers and she found she could not look away. He spoke slowly.

"Deception is one of the trappings of the mortal mind, deception of self, and of others in betrayal of communication. This you will also learn on our journey."

He turned from her quickly to the boy.

"Each soul is important, here, if it were not it would not be here, in time you will learn your true names, that are etched upon your souls from the moment of creation."

Next his gaze held Kai.

"This place is neither for atonement, nor for damnation, this is a place for understanding, for wisdom, what you do with these, may it be your salvation, or condemnation, falls with you."

To Indigo:

"Your rightness or wrongness in your feelings is not mine to know but may be borne out in time, which we have in supply you can scarcely imagine, I know only that I am to lead, and you are to follow, where we go, we will learn when we arrive."

Finally, his gaze found Natara. His features softened, and his voice for the first time held genuine warmth.

"I am not enlightened as much as I am all too familiar with the darkness, this is Purgatory, the place of preparation, you are a soul that requires ascension to another state of maturity. I am here to guide you, so you will not lose the path."

He felt a stirring within himself as he looked into her eyes, at first he wondered at it, then he crushed it mercilessly, he had hardened himself for centuries here, shut off parts of himself that hurt too much. He was too strong to allow some....DAMNIT...he steeled himself again and forced his mind elsewhere, this was going to be a problem.

Now the die must fall,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2003 11:41 am 
Addict

"Perhaps we should be going?" Kai said. Then he thought better. "I . . . uhm . . . perhaps, if we're here to be guided along some sort of journey, and you are our guide . . . then wouldn't it be best if we started, so we could begin to understand what we're meant to learn?" He coughed. "Unless, of course, it's not ready to begin yet, in which case I'm getting ahead of myself again . . ."

He trailed off, avoiding their gaze.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2003 12:07 pm 
Addict

"Absolutely!" Indigo nodded to Kai. "There is nothing here that we can't learn on the way, and to be honest, the quicker I get out of this fucking rain the better, not that it's cold or anything, it's just, gonna get me down eventually I know it" He said shivering and coming out in goose bumps as he looked up in a psycho semantic response to what he should be feeling in this weather.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2003 7:55 pm 
Addict

Purgatory, eh? No, Natara had never projected herself quite this far before. Her mind mused as to the reasons she was brought to this plane when she was yet living; but as the Guide had explained, the true purpose was from within. Natara had enough experience to know never to underestimate Spirit.

"It would be wise to know everyone's name if we're to journey together. And our guide has yet to tell us who he is. As does the fellow who has not seemed to respond. For that matter, I do not know what to call the young man who shies away; nor if Alex is what you would preffer to go by," Natara glanced at the other female. "But from the sounds of it, you'll learn to outgrow hiding behind lies. Your choice."

So restless. "The journey can't begin by simply walking to a different location. Take time to know the environment surrounding you. If you always rush ahead, you'll miss the things worth seeing and knowing.

"Perhaps the house may be of some assistance, Indigo. I would preffer to stay out here myself, but if that house is available to us, then perhaps you can find shelter within." Natara turned to face the Guide again to provide answers to her implicated questions.