ZOMBIE FORUMS

It's a stinking, shambling corpse grotesquely parodying life.
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:08 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 568 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2004 5:01 pm 
Addict

Before we leave flashback thingy. Might work

see ya online.

- Stephen Crane

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2004 8:18 pm 
Addict

There is totally gonna be a mall discription tomorrow night, for real
---------------------------------------------------------
Alright, back to running sound for this show...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 12:10 pm 
Addict

No, my last post was not the "sunrise post" you're all waiting for. It was just a catch-up post along with a little mini-character-study of Zarathustra, an examination of his psychology. I may not be able to post sunrise for another week, as I'm in London right now and quite busy. Just hang in there, people. I know you all want to get things moving, and I do too. I'll try to post ASAP.

However, before I do, I was wondering if Chaos could post the Chaos-Zara argument for me. We can discuss it next time we're both on AIM. Oh, and Shinjiro needs to make his post as well, of course.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 2:23 pm 
Addict

sorry, the ability to post was hindered by the fact that I'm back at my parent's house for spring break, but I found a way to circumvent the problem and my post should be up fairly soon.

Edit: actually, I need you all to be headed towards the mall before I can post, for continuity's sake, but fairly soon nonetheless.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 6:39 am 
Addict

Ok, Icy, you want me to post the argument, but I need material.

Us getting ahold of each other online is not working.

We'll try this through PMs.

PM me with the main points of the argument.

Thank you

- Stephen Crane

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 11:48 am 
Local

As far as I know we are all on the way to the mall. A few people have decided that RPing behind the caravan would be good (and in the case of explaining Zara, I'd agree) but now I say everyone should stop pre-posting and get on with the show. Really.

I wanna blow shit up. Waitaminute...

/me loads up Vendetta, plays for 10 minutes, then loads up UT2003. That's right: 2003. Not 2004.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 12:07 pm 
Addict

The problem is, that this prepost is an important one. It sets the stage for a MAJOR plot point and will give hints as to how the rest of the RP will flow. The fact that it is taking so long to post it is bad. The fact that I have to write it with no information on what Icy wants is worse.

All I know is that Zara and Chaos have an argument. I need a little chat with Zara, and that will happen soo. I promise.

Now, Please, Icy, PM me.

- Stephen Crane

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 9:05 pm 
Addict

Someones gunna have to write for me for about 2 weeks...

If Darkie, C_D or Chaz wanna do it, go for your life, peeps.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 10:31 pm 
Addict

You got it, Hatemonger. PM me if you have anything terribly specific you want your boy to do, otherwise I'll play him as a burned out James Bond.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2004 12:44 pm 
Addict

I hope that solves that problem. The conversation is assured, just go ahead.

- Stephen Crane

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2004 12:16 am 
Addict

Shin, I have a small problem. The moment Chaos senses the CD he will go to play it. THis this meant that everyones fun will be cut a little bit short. So hold of a little bit.

Oh, wolf, now you got me tempted to pull CHaos' arm blades into it. But no, he will not use them this RP. Probably RT2. (though it would make better sense the other way around AARG. It's a shame, but this is the way it has to be.)

- Stephen Crane

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2004 1:14 am 
Addict

Chaos: very well, Leonard's gonna (as said in irc) go play DDR versus himself for a while while some less real Lennys will go about procurement at your liesure.

Everyone else: I would prefer Leonard remain undetected (or at least not interacted with) untill I approch the group. However, my shadows (minions, illusions, shades, whatever) can be seen and enjoyed by all, but keep the following in mind.

a)the more obvious they are, the less real they will be. I figure it this way; when Leonard splits into just two people it is akin to playing a FPS (he's aware of his surroundings and that of his in game character). However, if he pulls back his focus and pays less attention to it, he can create multiple images and thus handle greater number of tasks at once. the cost of this goes into the realism of the creations, they will seem glazed over and in the absolute farthest extreme, they won't actually be tangable and exist only as an illusion. You will most likely be catching glimpses of those as opposed to the actuall task carriers because, as I said, Leonard had become very good at not getting caught.

b)so far, the only people getting something from me is Chaos and Zara, but I'm not going to post anything about giving it to them, they will find/be given what they want whenever they choose to find it. I'm not santa, but I will say that Lenny's kleptomania get's stronger the further he is removed from himself (he will rarely steal something when he's all together)

I no longer recall where I was going with this, but I said most of the things that I wanted to say, PM me if you have any questions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2004 9:14 am 
Addict

Ghost, this seems the perfect time for Chaos to come in and say a few choice words to Morrie, which would hopefully keep her together in the mall.

PM or IM convo needed?

- Stephen Crane

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2004 5:07 pm 
Addict

Post ahoy!

Grey, once we get some more info about what is actually happening here, I'll post something for Adar.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2004 7:54 pm 
Addict

Shin I didn't read OOC until now, and realized just how many things my post messed up. Tell me all the changes need please.

much love.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 5:30 am 
Addict

Chaos_Descending wrote:
Ghost, this seems the perfect time for Chaos to come in and say a few choice words to Morrie, which would hopefully keep her together in the mall.

PM or IM convo needed?

It looks a bit late for that. But I have my own intentions for the mall--and most of them involve Morrie going stir-crazy at some point.

That would be, to put it mildly, difficult if she was around everyone else.

Don't worry about timing. All will be well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 1:28 pm 
Local

Well, I'm about to post Claire going off and doing her own thing... she prolly won't be running into anyone important or stirring up too much trouble. Nothing stirs up trouble like a vampire having fun, though. :}

Ah, the eternal question: mOBSCENE, or Coma White?

Another question: anyone here opposed to having a live band? Claire makes a good lead singer, and she could show off one of her powers quite well in that role. I'll modify my post if need be - but they won't be playing yet so I don't accidentally trigger the fun.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 2:00 pm 
Addict

Ancient wrote:
Shin I didn't read OOC until now, and realized just how many things my post messed up. Tell me all the changes need please.

much love.

I'm fine with you being at the arcade and you can mention the similarity between the two playing DDR if you wish, just don't delve too far into it (shrug it off).

The only thing I saw that needed changing (pm me if you remember one I may have gleemed over) is if you want me to get you something, change it to tokens instead of quarters. I don't feel my character stealing cash, and everyone wants more quarters, you might just find a little box of tokens though...

To everyone: I'm not Santa, but I will be lacking controll the more times I split myself to keep tabs on all of you, so you can use me, but sparringly.

EDIT (to avoid double posting): Icy, I believe that we discussed the leaving of CD's, ACO bowler, and book, to be found by you and (implied) left by me. Just wondering if any of that's still going on, or what?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 4:07 pm 
Local

[rant]

:evil:

Fuck this noise.

First I lose a post two hours in the making to a segfault (application crash to those non-linux people out there), I then lose the first copy of this fucking rant to a segfault. Noting the decline in system stability, I reboot and try again. Then I notce that Icy's post has completely voided any chance of my post working.

I thought we were going to continue for at least <b>a little while</b> without fucking over the populace. At least long enough for <b>planned subplots like getting weapons from the House of Knives</b> to get over with.

GothAlice is not happy. GothAlice doesn't normally talk about GothAlice in the third person, but today is a special day. Today is the day the Gods of Electronics decided to frown upon GothAlice and make her life quite difficult. GothAlice doesn't like crashy-crashy any more than the next person, but GothAlice needs to fucking rebuild a server now, and doesn't need this crap.

GothAlice can't post <b>any part</b> of her planned post because of Icy going ahead and starting the meyhem.

GothAlice was planning on having the music just be in Andy's head (as it should have been) and have it go away when Claire deals with the clerk in the House of Knives, but apparently not.

Sigh.

[/rant]

Well, either editing time or the party starts early. IG-wise, Claire isn't even in the mall yet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 4:56 pm 
Addict

Shinjiro wrote:
EDIT (to avoid double posting): Icy, I believe that we discussed the leaving of CD's, ACO bowler, and book, to be found by you and (implied) left by me. Just wondering if any of that's still going on, or what?

Well, not the book, obviously, but yes, you're still leaving the bowler and the CD's, and Chaos has already discovered your stash, as evidenced by the fact that he apparently managed to break into the sound control room and play the Apocalyptica CD you're leaving him. Sorry I didn't make that more clear in my post.

GothAlice wrote:
Fuck this noise.

First I lose a post two hours in the making to a segfault (application crash to those non-linux people out there), I then lose the first copy of this fucking rant to a segfault. Noting the decline in system stability, I reboot and try again. Then I notce that Icy's post has completely voided any chance of my post working.

I thought we were going to continue for at least a little while without fucking over the populace. At least long enough for planned subplots like getting weapons from the House of Knives to get over with.

GothAlice is not happy. GothAlice doesn't normally talk about GothAlice in the third person, but today is a special day. Today is the day the Gods of Electronics decided to frown upon GothAlice and make her life quite difficult. GothAlice doesn't like crashy-crashy any more than the next person, but GothAlice needs to fucking rebuild a server now, and doesn't need this crap.

GothAlice can't post any part of her planned post because of Icy going ahead and starting the meyhem.

GothAlice was planning on having the music just be in Andy's head (as it should have been) and have it go away when Claire deals with the clerk in the House of Knives, but apparently not.

:o

Gah. Wasn't expecting that. Sorry, GA.

I'd like to point out in my defense, however, that this wasn't just a random spontaneous descision on my part to post this scene now. This scene was planned out by me and several others since before we even left the Sanitarium. It's the "sunrise post" that several people have been alluding to and that I've been apologizing profusely for not having gotten up until now. It's the reason I really didn't want anyone to get to the mall before I posted it (but I understand that you all want the plot to advance a bit and my absence has prevented that, and in the end it doesn't matter ). Admittedly, I could have perhaps been more explicit about how important plot-wise this post was, and I apologize for that. I'll try to be less cryptic in the future.

As a matter of fact, even though I didn't want to reveal this much yet, in the interest of not screwing up anyone's private plans any further than has already happened, I'll give everyone a vague outline of the next planned plot developments. Keep in mind, however, that I am leaving out some very important details so as not to spoil everything for you.

Basically, the argument that Chaos and I had in the car (which is yet to be posted, and should be up by tomorrow with luck) continues after I've healed myself and winds up breaking out into a full-scale fight. While Chaos and I are duking it out, the other paras will be taking advantage of the pandemonium. Meanwhile, the government is going to be informed that we're at the mall, and almost all American military forces not currently stationed on Mars will pretty much be sent straight there to deal with us. Of course, there are still several thousand people still alive in the mall, so this will lead to the mother of all hostage situations (think Waco times 100). With ingenuity and sheer power we wind up all but destroying our enemy, at which point we hijack a few of their helicopters and high-tail it over to New York City for a bit more fun. What happens from there will be revealed when the time comes. Let's just say that after we leave New York, Act I is over, and Act II begins. I'm planning on three acts.

I hope I'm not being too controlling here. I'm aiming for a plot that's less centrally-controlled than, say, Road Trip 1. However, having a single guiding force planning out the general direction of the thread keeps it from being too unfocused and thus avoiding Potential RP Thread syndrome. Ultimately what I'd like is a happy medium between the focus and suspense of RT1 (which turned several people off to it) and the total freedom of PRPT (which caused the thread to die).

Feel free to develop your own subplots or even alter the direction of the main plot. However, I think it's best if the drastic, dramatic, earth-shaking plot developments are left to me and the little informal committee I've created (including Yevaud, Ghost, Chaos, and Clay). Anyone else who wants to help out is welcome to ask to join in the planning, it's not like we're a 1337 club or anything. But keep in mind that if you do, all the future developments are going to be spoiled for you. It kind of sucks when everyone knows what's going to happen weeks or even months in advance.

Hopefully I'm not being too elitist with all this, but if anyone has any problems with it please just tell me. I'd hate for the thread to die simply because I want to be a plot-Nazi. I have, however, with the help of others, worked out some very intricate and detailed plans for where I want this thread to go, and I'd personally be disappointed if I had to chuck them all away.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 568 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next