ZOMBIE FORUMS

It's a stinking, shambling corpse grotesquely parodying life.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:08 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 179 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: Escape from Skinner Sanitarium
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:28 am 
Addict

[OOC]Keep in mind that the first four posts will be in a VERY SPECIFIC ORDER: After me, Chaos will post, then Clay, then Yevaud. After that, anyone who wants to can post, but until those three post, NO ONE ELSE IS ALLOWED TO. Understand?[/OOC]

A frigid wind swept through the desert, whose sky was now darkened with storm clouds. The rumblings of thunder grew louder. Then the rain came down upon the desert for the first time in years, lightly at first, but with increasing intensity.

In the middle of this Chaos of swirling sands and brutal winds stood a large building complex, featureless and intimidating. The rigid, stark outline of the buildings contrasted with the dynamic and spontaneous interplay of forces that surrounded them. The whole complex seemed to stand out as a bastion of order and structure amid the disarray that surrounded it.

Appearances can be deceiving.

There was a sign above the entrance at the front gate:

B. F. Skinner Memorial Sanitarium
for
Mentally Disturbed Individuals of Exceptional Talent

est. 2000
"I never made decisions. Things always came up and made them for me. That’s what life is."

Within these walls lived the most powerful beings on the planet, whose combined might would make the havoc caused by the storm outside seem trivial in comparison. Part asylum, part prison, part concentration camp, the Sanitarium's goal was to turn the unfocused, uncontrollable mental and physical energy of its patients into something more precise and manageable. The doctors here did not want to turn these people into happy, healthy human beings; rather, they wanted to transform them into suitable weapons.

Lightning flashed intermittently around the compound, accompanied by rumbling thunder. The winds picked up as the storm grew in power.

Tom hated the examinations. He always got the impression during them that the doctors thought he was insane. Then again, this was the only human contact he had every day, so perhaps he should be grateful. There wasn't much else he could do in this small room he was confined to; he could read the books they gave him, he could watch the videos they provided for him, he could excercise using the machines and weights in the corner, or he could play various games on his non-internet-connected computer. And then there was sleep. Tom usually slept 12 hours a day; not that he really needed it, but at least it passed the time.

So it was with a mixture of relief and anxiety that Tom greeted the doctors when they came into his cell. There were two of them. Dr. Elborough was taller and bald with glasses, and came in with a tray on which was placed a glass of water, several pills and a syringe. Dr. Markus was much younger, with a beard and a clipboard.

Dr. Elborough placed the tray on a small table near Tom's bed. He took the syringe from the tray and injected it into Tom's arm. When he was done, Tom leaned over toward the tray, grabbed a glass of water and the pills he was supposed to take, and downed them all in one shot.

"What is your name?" asked Dr. Elborough after he was finished.

"Thomas Edward Johnson," he signed back. Dr. Markus scribbled something onto his clipboard.

"When and where were you born?"

"December 5, 1984, in Detroit, Michigan."

"What are your parents' names?"

"Edward James Johnson and Mary Ellen Johnson."

"Mother's maiden name?"

"Hammill."

Dr. Markus continued to frantically jot down notes.

"How did you lose your hearing?"

"I had an extremely bad ear infection when I was a child that destroyed my auditory canal."

Thomas answered these queries quickly and unthinkingly. He had been asked these exact same questions several times a day for at least three years.

"Where are you now?"

"I am at a secret military training base somewhere near Washington, D.C."

"What are you doing here?"

"I am undergoing rigorous psychological testing and training in preparation for a special mission to the Martian colonies, the details of which will be revealed to me when I am ready."

As the interrogation continued, Dr. Elborough began asking Thomas more and more detailed questions. This part of the session changed every day. For example, today the doctor asked him to recall his 15th birthday. Yesterday he was asked to describe his Uncle Rick. The day before that, they asked him about his third job. Tom still wasn't entirely sure what the point of all this was, but he accepted it as somehow necessary. It was their job to ask questions, not his.

The examination moved on once again to more general questions.

"Do you hear voices in your head?"

"Of course not."

"What do you think of music?"

"I haven't heard any since I was a child."

Dr. Markus continued to write on his clipboard.

"Do you ever feel the urge to hurt yourself or others?"

"No."

"Do you-"

Before the doctor could complete signing his question, however, all the lights went out, leaving the room in total darkness. About a minute later, Dr. Markus managed to find a small flashlight, and Elborough signed to Tom that they would continue the session later. The two doctors walked out of the room, leaving Thomas to his thoughts.

"A blackout. FUCK!"

Trent Ulman, head of security at Skinner, monitored the Sanitarium at his console, while the man across from him checked the progress of the storm via satellite.

"The worst of it seems to be over," the man said.

"Good," replied Trent, "but let's not get our hopes up."

"What do you mean?"

"This is a desert... There hasn't been rain here for years, and all of a sudden we're getting a thunderstorm. You know shit like this doesn't happen on its own. It's... that 'logomorph' thing. It's doing this. And whenever that thing is involved in something, you just KNOW things are going to go wrong."

"Maybe you're right... I sure hope not."

"Attention all personnel," Trent announced over the Sanitarium communication system, "Report to the Security center immediately."

"What the fuck just happened, Ulman?" Elborough shouted.

"A bolt of lightning struck our power lines." The answer came via a small microphone implanted in Elborough's ear. "Fortunately, we have a backup generator, but it only provides us with enough power for absolutely essential processes like security."

"So then why do you want us to go to the security center?"

"We have to prepare for the worst. The patients may try to use this as an opportunity for escape, and although, as I said, the security controls are fully operational, the patients don't know that, so they're going to give us a hard time."

"So, you're saying we should-"

"NO! FUCK!"

"What?"

"The generator. I don't know why, but... It just failed."

Last edited by IcyMonkey on Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2003 10:29 am 
Addict

OOC: I'm assuming that the blackout interfered with this security teams communication network. Let's just say the bolt fried their station.

Thump, thump, thump, thump.
The rhythmic bouncing continues on the inside of a titanium ball. Surrounding this ball is plenty of equipment. All of it protected by top secret passwords. All to caontain one being, who’s shape is a matter of will.

Soon.

”Oh, oh, oh,”
“Emily, you’re the...”
*cut off*

Shit! Can’t pull a boner. Can’t afford to. So those two are having an affair. Interesting. It’s against the rules... not that that would stop anyone. Hey, it’s feeding time.

“Security clearance for the protected zone. It’s time to feed Willows.”
I’ll kill him for that.
“Your Cleared, Frank”
bzzzzzzzz
“Thanks, John. Hellish night tonight.”
“Yeah, can’t wait to get home.”
“Got someone waiting?”
“Yeah, a warm bed.”
“Heh, I’m entering his zone soon. Radio silence.”
“Understood.”

heh

Chaos knew he must give no outward sign that he heard that conversation. The conversation did confirm one thing. It IS raining outside. Tonight might be the night Chaos tried in vain to see past the limits of his sight but as always he only saw flashes, without definition. That and a strange tingling sensation at the top of his awareness. Wait a second. An electrical buildup on the roof , during a thunderstorm, could only mean one thing... hopefully. Now!
*Frank stops in front of the door and swiped his card and the outer doors open*
Inside the door, a tiny push causes a spring to jam, causing a chain reaction that causes the door to not lock itself automatically.

Chaos stands up. Gotta time this right. Can’t be too eager. Just move to the right area. It’s coming soon. Short out the other doors now...
*Frank reaches for the door and turns the handle, and the radio cracks to life as the door opens*
“HOLY SHIT!!! Frank, all the security doors has just gone... Fuck, Watch out!!!”
*Frank is taken by surprise by the sudden assault. Though physically outmatched, Chaos punches at every vulnerable spot. A shot to the throat gives Chaos the opportunity to get a hold of Franks head and crack his neck, just as there is a loud crash of thunder and everything goes dark*
I have less then ten seconds to get moving before backup comes on. An alarm will be raised. Five cameras will not be going back on. It’ll take them a while to search. I gotta hurry.
Chaos runs down the hallway, navigating the twists and turns despite the darkness. He reaches the first set of doors just as the power comes back on.
(Radio)”Code Red!!! Code Red!!! Chaos is escaping! I repeat, Chaos is trying to escape. Cameras are still out...”
Chaos stops in front of a door locked by a keycode panel. He doesn’t even hesitate while punching in the code. The door unlocks and Chaos enters the room, locking the door behind him and deactivates the camera with a well placed electrical shock.
(Radio)Cameras are back up but some cameras are not turning on. All personal, sweep that wing, and lock it down. I repeat. Code Red!!!”
Your on your game today, John. Little too late though.

Just at that moment, all of the equipment around Chaos shut down. He could feel that all power was shut down. The generator failed. Lucky me.

“Ok, Lati. Time to set you free.”

Chaos stands in front of a large titanium ball, surrounded by much diagnostic equipment. He walk over the spherical prison and knocks on the exterior.

*Tap Tap Ta Ta Tap*

*Thump Thump*

Chaos smiles as he moves over to another control panel and enters the manual release codes for Lati’s undersized cell. He then sits on the ground, nearly exhausted.

“Wake up time, Lati. Then we can see about getting out of here.”

- Stephen Crane

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:27 pm 
Addict

Harry walks in his effortless, floating way down the corridor, thinking and wondering at the frantic shouting and people running around. His wandering takes him to the guard dispatch room where a man is frantically yelling into a walky-talkie to no visible effect. A junior guard tries to stop him, but Harry brushes past him and the Captain waves him down.

"What trpubles you, Captain?"

"All kinds of things going wrong Harry."

"May I help you in some way?"

"Uh...Yeah, take Tom Johnson his meal. We're busy uh, fixing the lights."

He thrusts a tray into Harry's hand.

"I would be honored to do this for you Captain."

The Captain looked at him uncertainly in the poor light, but finding as usual no sarcasm he smiled and clapped Harry on the shoulder.

"Good man. Seeya later kid."

Harry nodded and walked out into the dark hallway.

He found Zaruthustra's cell easily enough. Zaruthustra was sitting placidly in the corner, reading a book.

"Good evening sir, I have come to bring you your meal."

Harry, ignored Zaruthustra's motions to him that he was deaf and kept on talking. Zaruthustra gave up and let him speak, reading his lips.

After several minutes, Harry looked around and spoke again.

"A man who eats shoud eat with music, to still his worries and drive unenlightened thought from his mind so they do not foul his digestion. I see no radio, but I could sing you a song...."

No one in the staff knew, because Harry had not thought to tell them, that amog his powers was the ability to mimic any sound, at enourmous volumes if he felt like it, so when he sang, he recreated the entire song, instruments and all, in this case. as he got a little carried away, at a volume equivalent to the levels encountered onstage at a rock concert.

Generals gathered in their masses
just like witches at black masses
evil minds that plot destruction
sorcerers of death's construction
in the fields the bodies burning as the war machine keeps turning
death and hatred to mankind
poisoning their brainwashed minds... Oh lord yeah!

Politicians hide themselves away
they only started the war
Why should they go out to fight?
They leave that role to the poor

Time will tell on their power minds
Making war just for fun
Treating people just like pawns in chess
Wait 'till their judgment day comes, yeah!

Now in darkness, world stops turning
as the war machine keeps burning
No more war pigs of the power
Hand of god has struck the hour
Day of judgment, god is calling on their knees, the war pigs crawling
Begging mercy for their sins
Satan, laughing, spreads his wings
ALL RIGHT NOW!

Now the die must fall,
There ain't a winner in this game
Who don't go home with all, Not with all...

Post subject: ...and then there were four.
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2003 6:36 pm 
Addict

Within vis titanium prison, the entity known as Lati shifted restlessly, amusing vimself with the one toy ve had managed to smuggle in from the room beyond. (“Lati sneaked a ball back into its sphere today. Since lately this patient has been growing more feisty and unruly, we have allowed it to keep this harmless plaything in hopes of prolonging its patience with these surroundings. Advise that the possibility of further diversifying its environment be explored.”)

*Thump-BOING, thump-BOING, thump-BOING, thump-BOING*

Nothingtodo nothingtodo nothingtodo... round, smooth, hard walls... round, rough, bouncy ball... nothingtodo....

*Thump-BOING, thump-BOING...*

...hmmmm? Curious about an almost imperceptible change in its surroundings, the amber mass within the titanium sphere ceased its unending game, and held the rubber ball silent. Constant quiet hum has stopped... tiny shaking of the walls is different now.

Curious, Lati spread and thinned out until ve formed a liquid layer completely coating the inside of the sphere. Yes, something was definitely different... how odd, it didn’t feel familiar in the slightest, and this was a place which had become all too familiar in the last... how long had it been? Longer than a turn of the sun, though I haven’t seen the sun so how can I really be sure? I’ve eaten more than I do during a turn of the sun, I guess-

Suddenly, ve heard something that was familiar: the almost-imperceptible click that always preceded a visit from vis playmates. Happy ripples ran across Lati’s surface, and ve gathered vis mass near the hatch that led out of vis prison-home. Ball, dog, monkey, boy; vis shape twitched in half a dozen different directions, too excited to settle on any of them. But then another unfamiliar thing happened.

*Tap Tap Ta Ta Tap*

Ve paused, stock still, somewhere between a boy and a spider. Knocking comes from me, from inside... never from them, from outside. The spider legs melted, the boy-form grew lean, and a cat paced momentarily across the floor of the sphere, sparing not even a disdainful glance for its forgotten ball.

Finally, with a paw that looked like flesh and blood but rang like hardwood on the walls of the sphere, Lati answered.

*Thump Thump*

Another moment passed, and then, with a hiss, the vacuum seal on the escape hatch opened. Lati surged through the wire-mesh exit, landing in a shimmering column which quickly sprouted arms. Within seconds an otherworldly tree stood before the sphere, taking in every detail of the surrounding room through a dozen eyes held on the ends of twice as many twisting branches.

New man... different. Not all-new, though (don’t know where/why I know him; funny). Feels good-different. Not standing - why?

The eyes flowed in along the branches, some of which merged together and planted themselves on the floor, lifting up the trunk until it became the yard-long body of a black spider which skittered toward the newcomer inquisitively.

Chaos reached out a hand and patted Lati on the head. “I think you and I are going to get along just fine,” he said with a chuckle. His eyes danced as the arachnid’s carapace flowed under his fingers, quickly replaced by a smallish panther which gave a rumbling purr as it leaned into him.

Suddenly, Chaos’s brow furrowed. “Crap, incoming... Lati, do you want to play a game?” At the panther’s eager nod, Chaos looked deep into its eyes. “A man is going to walk through that door. I’m going to hide, and you’re going to surprise him when he comes in, okay? Jump on him and hold him down so I can... tickle him.”

Lati cocked vis head to one side, apparently thinking this over, then opened vis mouth and gave vis new playmate a long lick to the side of the head. New game! Clever... not old like other people’s boring games. With a fluid grace that a true jungle cat would probably envy, ve took up a position to one side of the door as Chaos crouched behind the control panel and wiped at his face with his sleeve.

Hmmmmm, waitwaitwaitwaitwait... where is the man? New man said other man would come through door, but no man yet, no man yet, no ma- AHAGOTCHA!

The orderly didn’t know what hit him.

"Only he who attempts the absurd
is capable of achieving the impossible."
 - Miguel de Unamuno

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2003 7:13 pm 
Addict

Morrie shifted uneasily in sleep, visions of light and heat washing her mind in a distressing glow.

"Come closer, come closer . . . You don't belong . . . I see . . . Who is she? . . . No, that can't be Morrie, she looked . . . different . . . Do you know anything else about the boy who went missing too? . . . Stay away from her, she-- . . ."

A distended silhouette hidden by a bright light . . . Antiseptic smells, clipboards, and cold men with coke-bottle glasses . . . People she knew, or thought she knew, staring at her from behind a mirror . . . A single, flickering light, just above her head, and a sudden spurt of something akin to the feeling of coming inside to a warm shower after trudging through snow . . .

Morrie snapped awake, sweat drenching her brow. Compared to the vivid memory-soaked dreams, the darkness behind her blindfold was comforting. And it was good the gag prevented her from screaming anymore.

She could taste her blood on the gag again. She'd bitten her lip and part of her tongue.

Why did she have these dreams? How did they make her enter the "frenzy?"

Morrie wished, as she did every time she awoke, that she hadn't been born so fucked up.

I just wanted to live a normal childhood . . . I wanted books, I wanted love, I wanted a family . . . but if I had it, I don't remember it. I know what I desired, but nothing about why. I can't read books because I'd need to see in order to read.

Morrie sighed through the cloth. She remembered curling up in a chair, reading books by Stevenson and Thoreau. The doctors couldn't figure out what to make of it, since their research indicated no such upbringing. She knew she had read them, though. All she wanted was to read them again . . . Thoreau, Stevenson, and more. Even more than that, she wanted someone to talk to about them, who understood the books like she did . . .

Morrie leaned up against the walls of her cell, lost in her world of what-ifs.

She never noticed the power had gone out.

Last edited by Ghost on Tue Mar 23, 2004 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2003 8:37 pm 
PostWhorePornStar

Andy stood in his cell, listening to the thunder of the storm. He was quite angry at the moment, and his annoyance grew with every boom. The thunder seemed to echo quite well within the wooden cell, since it was essentially an empty box. The staff learned very quickly to minimize the amount of plastics and metal to keep inside this particular prison.

“For God’s sake, can’t they get better sound-proofing in here?! That sound is driving me nuts!” He struggled against his bindings, hoping that he could free his hands to cover his ears. He made no progress and decided to sit there and let his anger simmer. “Those workers are definitely going to hear about this at the next feeding time.”

He sat on the ground, awkwardly due to the chains around his legs. He hated them. He hated all of this; all of the controls, the confinement, the clinical smell of the institute. He wanted to get out. He came close on several occasions, but each time he was unable to counter something that the guards threw at him. Usually it was because his anger got the better of him. He finally got into a comfortable sitting position when the lights died.

“Oh fuck, you have got to be kidding me. Hey, someone, my light’s gone! Hey!”

Andy tried to get up but tripped over his chains in the dark and fell to the ground. He came close to hitting the floor, but the slack in his arm chain ended and the box containing his arms was pulled up towards his face. He was stunned by the blow but once he was thinking clearly again, he could feel the blood trickling down his face. He cursed for about a minute as he tried to get to his feet.

“I’m going to find the guy that built these fucking restraints and I’m gonna kill that bastard.”

He eventually got to his feet and began thinking of ways he would make the designer suffer. He never noticed the flurry of activity going on outside his cell as the staff scrambled to their stations.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2003 12:23 am 
Addict

As the music began, Tom's expression changed. He no longer looked docile and confused. Instead, he seemed to be experiencing pure bliss. He cracked a smile - a wide, satisfied grin.White light bled out of his eyes, and his entire body began to glow. The faint aura around him seemed to synchronize with the beat of the music.

Generals gathered in their masses
just like witches at black masses
evil minds that plot destruction
sorcerers of death's construction
in the fields the bodies burning as the war machine keeps turning
death and hatred to mankind
poisoning their brainwashed minds... Oh lord yeah!

The pulses of white light became more and more intense, until finally, in a single brilliant burst, Zarathustra blew apart the wall seperating him from the outer hallway. The guards standing directly outside the door were utterly destroyed by the rubble. Zarathustra ran out into the hallway.

Dozens of guards, posted outside the nearby cells, rushed at Zarathustra from the other end of the hall. They fired at Zarathustra wildly, but their shots missed, and within seconds they, too, were buried in the rubble of the cell walls. This explosion simultaneously opened up the cells of the prisoners nearest Zarathustra. Within minutes, several patients were scrambling out of their rooms.

Politicians hide themselves away
they only started the war
Why should they go out to fight?
They leave that role to the poor

Time will tell on their power minds
Making war just for fun
Treating people just like pawns in chess
Wait 'till their judgment day comes, yeah!

The patients stared at Zarathustra in amazement, who was now running down the hall, still glowing, with the appearance of either an angel or a demon (depending on your point of view), looking within each seperate cell and destroying with the force of his will any remaining confinements of those patients who were not yet able to leave their prisons.

Now in darkness, world stops turning
as the war machine keeps burning
No more war pigs of the power
Hand of god has struck the hour
Day of judgment, god is calling on their knees, the war pigs crawling
Begging mercy for their sins
Satan, laughing, spreads his wings
ALL RIGHT NOW!

As the song was winding to a close, Zarathustra (still pulsating) looked around desperately, as if searching for something. Looking through the rubble, he found a pen on one of the guards and scrawled something quickly in large letters across his arm. He ran back over to Harry just as the song ended. As the music stopped, Zarathustra collapsed. Written across his arm was the message: "PLEASE CONTINUE SINGING MORE SONGS I LIKE THEM"

Tom rubbed his head and shakily got back up to his feet, staring at the destruction before him. "What just happened?" he signed to Harry. "Hopefully this guy can read sign language,"Tom thought to himself. It was then that he noticed the message scrawled across his arm.

"What the..."

Post subject: 7, the lucky#
PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2003 1:02 am 
Addict

A child ran alone through stone hallways, all seemingly identical. There was an unworldly silence to the place. His footsteps made no sounds, neither did his breathing.Where are you hiding?

As Guy ran down another corridor in his mind, he though he saw a shadow. Enough. Sudenly, all the walls collapse in upon themselves. The light, wich seem to have no source, brightened to a blinding intesity. The creature that it illumanited seemed like a mantis from hell. Its front appendeges ended in horrific parodies of human hands. Its eyes where bulbous, they had the appearance of bloated human eyes. Although they had a deep intelligence hinden behind them, they were now widened in fear. The stink of terro was strong from him.

The child stood unwavering before this montrosity, cocking his head quizally at the creature
Why do you insist on resisting? The others who thought they could rule me, take control of my mind away from me, have fallen. Those that remain are in my control, all except you. Why dont you just submit to my will? The child spoke without moving his lips, what need did he have of such things in his own mind?
"Do you expect for me to submit to your will so easily, human?" His voice was the sound of glass grinding on glass.
Be reasonable, I can't unsummon you. I never even wanted to summon you in the first place! Just let me take control, give us both peace.
"Peace... perhaps your right human, its been long enough"
Good lets go, im tired of the Dementia plane

As Guy reached out his han to the creature, it suddenly moved and sliced at his his hand. As Guy backed away, he felt pain.

How could you... this isn't possible!
"foolish human, your mental barriers may hold my weaker bretheren, but you cant enslave me!"

In the real world, as the lights went out in Guys room, he screamed into his gag. And screamed, and screamed. and screamed....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2003 6:16 am 
Addict

Necro was laying on his side as the music started. He seemed to have little interest for the music, staring madly ahead of him as it sounded, but when the first security guard died he sprung to life.

"Death is coming to visit! Make TEA!"

The madman crawled up to his feet just as the door near him expldoed and aa security guard flew in, trailing blood.

Necro shrieked before looking at the security guard that was gasping for air as he was bleeding to death.

Necro crept closer. "You're dying in my cell? But it's not even my birthday!" Necro grinned. The guard tried to say something but seemed to go into shock.

"Let's have a look at this shall we?" Using his straightjacketed elbows to wipe the blood off the wound. "Oooh... I can see your ribs! Hey... they stopped moving.. You stopped breathing. YAY! You're dying!" He suddenly looked up at the thin air. "And now... you're dead! CONGRATULATIONS! Let's have a party!" He seemed to listen to something.

"Well you don't have to get angry at ME! I didn't kill you. Maybe if you can get this thingy off so I can get a hold of some stuff." Pause. "Oh yeah... you're a ghost, you can't do that. Silly me, silly Necro forgetting all that. I'll have to go outside. I can hear your friedns, they're dead too. If people would just stop making that INFERNAL noise, I could hear them better."

Humming happily to himself, Necro walked out of his cell. Looking for someone to get his straightjacket off.

Wait, this isn't chewing gum!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2003 3:40 pm 
Addict

OOC: Ok, I’ve had a few comments on this. The Colour indicates that Chaos is viewing things through his Awareness. I will say this once. There is not colour that will look good on everyone’s theme. I would prefer to use Blue but it hurts my eyes on my theme. So Cyan it is.

After the orderly was no longer conscious, Chaos stood up.
“Thank you, Lati. You did excellent work.”
At that moment Chaos felt a shutter go through the building.

Oh, God. Zarathustra is loose! He’s listening to music somehow. Oh, god, Security to level...

Chaos’ laughter rang throughout the room. “Lati, I have had a GREAT idea. Let’s have a party, and free all of our friends. HAHAHAHAHA! Come along now. No fun if it’s only two of us. Do me a favour. Call it a Game.” Chaos quickly picks up a piece of paper and draws a map. "Follow this, there is a man called Samual. His cell is here, and...” Chaos closes his eyes, then opens them. “You can use this to open the cell.” Chaos walks over and hands Lati a key card and a ring of keys, he singles out one of them. “As you walk in, you might see some strange smoke in the room, it won’t hurt you. It might make Samual fall asleep. One more thing... Samual play a game of his own, he likes to disappear and take over other peoples bodies. Give him this body, and bring him here. I’ll take care of myself.”

Lati, looks confused for a second and asks, “How do you know this?”

“I heard it from the staff of this place. Now go, and tell him that it is time to be free.”

- Stephen Crane

Last edited by Chaos on Wed Dec 24, 2003 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2003 4:43 pm 
Addict

Morrie stumbled out of her cell, eyes squinting in the sudden, bright dimness of the corridor. She coughed, the dust from the quakes Zarathustra caused still floating about. Her straitjacket, partially undone--by magic?--thumped against her leg and almost tripped her. She fumbled with her hands, trying to pull up the sleeves. Morrie's fingers fluttered across her chest, nervously undoing the clasps. Now unfettered, she threw the straitjacket aside.

Had she been thinking clearly, she would have put it back on and tried to restrain herself. But she was panicked, confused in her sudden freedom.

In this chaos, every fiber of her being screamed at her to run. So run she did.

Last edited by Ghost on Tue Mar 23, 2004 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2003 1:43 am 
Addict

This time even louder, the music shaking the floor with its volume, Harry continued with another song, seeming lost in the experience he sang thus, somehow including the instrumentals:

Screams break the silence
Waking from the dead of night
Vengeance is boiling
He's returned to kill the light
Then when he's found who he's looking for
Listen in awe and you'll hear him

Bark at the moon

Years spent in torment
Buried in a nameless grave
Now he has risen
Miracles would have to save
Those that the beast is looking for
Listen in awe and you'll hear him

Bark at the moon

They cursed and buried him
Along with shame
And thought his timeless soul had gone
In empty burning Hell-unholy one
But now he's returned to prove them wrong

Howling in shadows
Living in a lunar spell
He finds his heaven
Spewing from the mouth of hell

And when he finds who he's looking for
Listen in awe and you'll hear him bark at the moon

As the song ended seemingly having a life and a death of its own, Harry was suddenly aware that everyne on the hall was gone, orienting himself to spiral outward, he wandered off to find where they'd gone...

Now the die must fall,
There ain't a winner in this game
Who don't go home with all, Not with all...

Last edited by Clay_Allison on Thu Dec 25, 2003 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2003 7:03 am 
<font color=darkred><b>Lorem Ipsum

In a cell in the low security wing, a man paces. Twelve steps eack way.

1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,910,11,12, Turn.

all connected...it all stems from... "something...maybe something old...Maybe from the beginning...but..."Perhaps it's something new...perhaps it- "-Lights went out. it's dark now...lightning. there's a" storm. a great thunderstorm. rain and wind and lightning.

The man, the oldest patient at Skinners moves to the window, his weary, weathered looking face glaring out the window a the white streaks arcing across his vision.

"Still too far away from the sand, though. If i was closer maybe" when lightnig hits sand, sometimes it makes...but i'm "too far away anyway...it just wouldn't reach. It might be out there, sitting in the sand, but" I just can't feel it...

The 30 year old man has spent just under five years here in this place, and much of his life before that on the run. and it shows. He looks older than his years, and his body feels it, but the mind is still sharp, dangerous.

"if it's dark, then the light's out." The light isn't out because i turned it off, therefor the power must be off. if the power is off then they are having "complications. Complications breed chances, particularly with" The Logo-effect in play, small coincidence becomes "major redirection of...is it presumptuous to use the word Fate?"

The man moves to his door, only to find it unlocked and ajar, the orderly's key in the door, and the owner of the key slumped on the floor, groaning. The man leans down, looking at the orderly.

"Seems you've had a mishap while bringing me my" Dinner. Coincidence that this happened just as you put the key in the lock, or "Providence? Perhaps this is a sign, a message? That all things" are connected. That i'm a part of some plan, and i have "to do my part. i can hear other noises now. Yells, screams, fighting...that was an" Explosion of some sort. Have other "Inmates escaped? I find it hard to believe that blind" chance can bring about something like this. To me, at least, there seems to be some sort of pattern, order...plan. "Do you not think?"

The orderly cannot reply, as Jaden's hands are choking the life out of him. "I must say that the music is a change. i cannot recall" ever hearing music in the asylum. i believe it had something to do "with one of my fellow patients. something to do with his power. Cannot recall the details."

The dead orderly does not respond.

Noticing that the orderly has passed on, Jaden rises to his feet calmly, looking around. "well, cannot stay. Staying would likely be akin to suicide now, or at least, more of the severe methods of treatmet. Besides," this is Far too good an opportunity to escape and find some... "oooh, it's almost too good a thought to indulge in!"

Without another word, the mild mannered madman strides purposefully down the hall, taking in everything, but not really relating to it in any way a sane person would understand.

Last edited by madadric on Thu Dec 25, 2003 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2003 9:22 am 
Addict

Alex sat in his room, smiling with his eyes closed, looking at the wall in front of him. He hadn't moved in hours.

'Fuck that guy creeps me out. How the hell can he just STARE for hours?'
'I figure he's just totally messed up.'

Alex opened one eye as he heard an odd noise, one he wasn't supposed to hear because the light was always on. But now it wasn't. Why?

'SHIT! WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED?'
-kzzk- Generator's down, all personnel, report to Security! -kzzk-
'Let's go!'

The two orderlies ran, past the cell of the patient known as Zarathustra. It would be their death. They heard the music playing, and knew with horror what would happen next. A sudden bursting noise, a scream, and they were buried. Alex sat there, smiling still, staring dumbly in the blackness towards the door.

More explosions. Getting closer. Suddenly, the door collapsed. Alex could see a figure, glowing radiantly through a cloud of dust. He stood up, finally seeing something new for the first time in... a long time? Yes, it's time to go.

Alex walked through the door, and looked around, now finally leaving his cell in the Low Maintenance Ward.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2003 4:03 am 
Addict

Melissa rolled over in bed and fell off with a thump. As she rubbed her head, she realized that under the noise of the pouring rain, there was a rumble that was certainly not thunder... She bit her lip and reached for her teddy bear as she climbed back into bed. It was a strange feeling, a scary feeling...

The blonde, nicer nurse opened the door and stuck her head and flashlight in to check that Melissa wasn't up to any mischief, then backed out and continued on her route down the hall. Melissa noted the worried frown on the nurse's face, and slipped off her bed quietly. She opened the door a crack (blessing the fact that the nurses trusted her enough to allow her free access to the TV room down the hall) and peeked out, to see the brunette, not-so-nice nurse (also on checks) accost the blonde nurse.

"Have you heard from... them?" the brunette one half-whispered. Melissa opened the door just a tiny bit wider.

"No, but you know how they are, secretive and all." the blonde one replied.

"Yeah, but you'd think that an anomaly like this thunderstorm would at least bring extra instructions or something..."

"Maybe they don't think these kids are insane enough to do anything," the blonde grinned wryly.

The brunette started to reply, but suddenly everything went black. "What the hell?!"

"Attention all personnel," Trent announced over the Sanitarium communication system, "Report to the Security center immediately."

"Damn, must be a real blackout. Come on, then." The blonde nurse pointed her flashlight down the hall and walked off, followed by the brunette. Melissa listened silently as their footsteps grew quieter, then padded out of her room, still dragging her teddy bear in one hand. She lifted the other, and concentrated hard... after a few minutes of effort, she managed a wavering, flickering flame on her fingertip, and she started walking out after the nurses.

Post subject: Time to have some fun.
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2003 10:07 pm 
PostWhorePornStar

Andy was still focusing on the designer when a large shock hit his cell.

“What the fuck is going on out there?!” As the dust filled the air all he noticed was a white light travel past the hole in the wall. His attention was only diverted for a second as he discovered that his bindings had been damaged. He smiled slightly as he pulled his arms out of the splintered, wooden box and used his power to break the chains holding him. He had been thinking about vengeance against the people that had tormented him and now that he was free, he could finally act on his impulses. He walked calmly through the wrecked wall and looked around.

Ian was a new worker at the Skinner Sanitarium. He was brought in as one of the replacements for deceased security staff, but had yet to fully grasp what he was dealing with. When the alarm went off, Ian was lucky enough to be at a security station and was able to get a tranquilizer gun from one of the lockers. As he ran out the door, he saw movement to his right and brought up the gun to point directly at the target. He was somewhat worried that he saw a kid walk through a cloud of dust. He knew that this was a treatment facility for paras but he was still unfamiliar with most of the patients. He thought that perhaps bravado could help. “Hey, you! Hold it right there.”

“Hey, you! Hold it right there.”

Andy looked over to the source of the voice and saw one of the workers holding a gun pointed at him. He stopped and just stared at the man. The guard seemed a bit shaken, but the presence of a loaded gun balanced the advantage. It all depended on what type of person the guard was. Seeing that he had stopped, the worker continued with phrases such as “Stay where you are.” and “Don’t make any sudden moves.” However, he made a fatal mistake, saying a phrase that guaranteed he would suffer.

“Get back in the cell.”

Ian was feeling confident. The kid seemed to listen to his command. Perhaps he was one of the more docile paras at the facility. He decided that he could probably order this one back to the cell. However the response he received was not what he had expected.

“Why should I listen to you?” The kid’s voice was full of anger. He could almost sense the pent-up rage that was barely restrained. At this point, he realized his mistake and knew he’d need the gun.

“Kid, get back in there or I’ll shoot. Don’t argue or talk back. I’m armed, you’re not, so do what I say.”

The para started to grin. The seeming lack of fear in the boy was unnerving. He searched through his memory, trying to remember what this kid’s ability was. Perhaps the para was merely overconfident and would underestimate him.

By now, Andy could see the man’s fear of him. His knew he would finally get a chance to act on some of his anger.

“I’m surrounded by steel and stone and YOU THINK I’M UNARMED?!” He slammed his hand against the stone wall and began to use his power. The guard reacted instinctively, firing when he saw Andy’s sudden move. Time seemed to slow for him as Andy began analyzing the wall’s structure and changing it to suit his needs. He formed an extension of the wall in front of him and sealed the hallway. His barrier stopped the darts easily, as his began his next trick…

Ian was really scared. The wall seemed to flow outwards to block his shots and protect the kid. He looked behind him and then back at the new growth and noticed that a segment of the stone wall equal in size to the barrier had simply melted away, exposing the pipes, supports, and wiring. He barely had time to process this when he felt sharp pain in his body. After he recovered from the initial shock, he saw a five foot long stone spike sticking out of the wall mere inches from his face. A look around revealed that the area around him was now littered with spikes from the sides and that he had been impaled by several of them. While thinking about his chances of survival, Ian saw the barrier melt back into the wall.

As Andy replaced the piece of wall he pulled away to make the barrier, he checked the effectiveness of his handiwork. He saw that he had skewered the guard through the stomach, a lung, a leg, and the shooting arm. Not bad for firing blindly. He placed his hand on the wall and retracted the spikes, dragging the guard with them until the spikes were gone, letting him collapse to the ground. He moved the stone back to its original position and walked past the guard, leaving him to drown in his blood. It felt good to finally vent. He looked back at a nearby window and saw the storm outside. It would be so easy for him to just open the walls and leave with the chaos happening in the facility, but it felt too good to express his anger.

He continued walking along the corridor, looking for anyone else to rage against.

Post subject: I'm learning more about this character with every post....
PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2003 6:43 am 
Addict

That’s funny. I didn’t know that people liked to be tickled so tight around the neck.

Before rising to his feet, Lati’s new playmate quickly rummaged in the pockets of the man who had walked in the door and now seemed to be taking a nap. Maybe he’s going to hide his keys and make him play hide-and-seek for them when he wakes up!

Chaos spoke: “Thank you, Lati. You did excellent work.”

Work? After an initial frown of confusion, recognition of the statement's underlying praise seeped into Lati’s mind, and a wide grin split the face of the panther, transforming it into something much more human in the process.

The ground rocked then, and Lati looked around in alarm. New, very new... that’s never happened before.... Before ve could decide whether to hide or run, though, Lati was distracted once again, this time by vis new playmate, who was laughing uproariously. Catching the mood, ve leapt atop a nearby bank of controls, landing in the form of a monkey and screeching in delight.

The new man beamed up at vim. “Lati, I have had a GREAT idea. Let’s have a party, and free all of our friends. HAHAHAHAHA!” The monkey joined in the infectious laughter, but Lati found vimself slipping back into human form as ve tried to process the discussion. Friends? There are more friends here, who need freeing? They must be his friends, and if he’s saying that they are our friends, then he must mean that I am his friend too... :D! The teenage lad now sitting atop the control panel seemed to be trying to outsmile the man who stood before vim.

Chaos composed himself. “Come along now. No fun if it’s only two of us. Do me a favour. Call it a Game.” Lati watched raptly as a map took shape upon a scrap of paper. “Follow this, there is a man called Samual. His cell is here, and... you can use this to open the cell.” Eagerly accepting the proffered keys, Lati eyed the one in question and then deposited the lot of them into vis mouth. Chaos didn’t even blink. “As you walk in, you might see some strange smoke in the room, it won’t hurt you. It might make Samual fall asleep. One more thing... Samual play a game of his own, he likes to disappear and take over other peoples bodies. Give him this body, and bring him here. I’ll take care of myself.”

Strange smoke, no problem but maybe nap for newer friend Samual who disappears to take over bodies (that’s a trick!) then back to new friend.

Suddenly, Lati cocked vis head to one side and scratched behind an ear. With a focus and deliberation that seemed all out of proportion with the task at hand, ve gave voice to the question which had been forming in vis mind: “How do you know this?”

“I heard it from the staff of this place. Now go, and tell him that it is time to be free.”

His hearing must be even better than mine! Impressed, Lati smiled again, nodded, and dropped to the floor. Landing in a splash of amber, ve quickly flowed under the slumbering orderly. Lifting the man upon vis rippling surface, Lati grew a dozen eyes around vis perimeter and slipped out the door, following the path Chaos had sketched out for vim.

Ahhhhhhhhhh, finallyfinallyfinallyfinallyfinally out of that room.

WHEEEEEEE!

Aww, nuts, we’re here already.

With a mental sigh, Lati slipped out from under vis comatose cargo and surged upward into the form of a middle-aged woman with long black hair and a shopping bag balanced on vis hip. Muttering to vimself around a pair of sunglasses held between vis teeth, ve rummaged in a purse and produced the ring of keys Chaos had given vim. Quickly selecting the proper one, ve slipped it into the lock, and pushed the door open.

“Honey, I’m ho-”

As smoke billowed out around vim and flowed into the hallway from which ve had come, Lati's body suddenly shivered and contracted, returning to the shape of the adolescent boy ve had worn while listening to Chaos. Dazedly ve wondered to vimself: Why in the world... what?

As ve consciously noticed vis surroundings for the first time, something clicked within vis mind, putting it back on track. Right, strangesmoke. Must have found the right room. Will bring in sleeping man for Samual to see when he wakes up so he can play his game.

After dragging the orderly (now snoring harder than ever) into the room, Lati straightened up, thinned, and stretched until ve filled the door frame. When ve was satisfied that vis disguise was sufficient (quite proud of the eyeball hidden in the one-way peep-hole), ve settled down to watch and wait for the clouds to clear out and vis new friend to wake up.

Wonder what he’ll look like when he disappears and takes over sleepyhead's body.

Cannot forget, must tell him: It is time to be free, come with me!

"Only he who attempts the absurd
is capable of achieving the impossible."
 - Miguel de Unamuno

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2003 8:51 am 
Addict

A sparse room, cuboid and small in dimensions. A single fluorescent tube above a plain hospital gurney. The room is grey, the sheets white. An inmate lies upon the gurney, motionless. Surrounded by machines. Keep him alive, prevent life. Stillness. The room almost silent, punctured rhythmically *beep..... beep...... beep......*. A dull hum, barely perceived merely serves to underlie the stillness. His chest rises and falls, unfailing, perpetual, never intensifying nor slowing. Constant, it has remained thusly for years.

Then... Darkness.

The seconds slip by unheeded, swallowed by minutes... and hours.

Suddenly, unexpectedly, movement. The man?s eyelids flutter, his brow knits and then relaxes, his eyes are rapidly moving beneath his lids, his face twitches, heartbeat quickens?

Suddenly the walls loose their credibility. The ceiling drips and the walls close in, slowly reforming into an amorphous hollow space, the gurney and machinery melting away leaving him lying on the floor. The walls ripple and pulse with life energy. The man dreams, reliving the last day before the nothingness that swept him away for so many years. A grimace passes across his features, alien and uncharacteristic. The walls begin to ooze blood, real and living, it drips from the ceiling and freely flows down the walls onto the floor.

Bronson is awaking into his own private hell?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2003 2:59 pm 
Addict

As the lights went out in the office of Dr. Strome He had just finished writing hid daily paper work. "Great whats going on now?" Never a joyfull person, Strome didn't like suprises. He resented his place as the "babysitter" of the comatose Guy. Although the job was easy enough, it gave no chance for advancement. When the message to report to the security center came over the the intercom, Strome saw his chance for a promotion. thinking that bringing along a "subdued escaped patient" would ensure him a spot in management, he went into Guy's room. Since Guy seemed to be in one of his nightmares, he decided to only take of the jacket but not the gag. He was ambitious, not stupid.

Inside the cell he used to keep the Mantis that now controled him, Guy struggled to regain control of his world. As he felt the presence of the Mantis blocking his attemps, he felt a change in the Mantis. I can fell your pleased, what is it?
"You should rejoice, human, I shall leave you soon."
What! How?
"Seems that another human has released your bindings."
Wait, I wont let you escape!

As the last strap came loose, Strome went to the door to check if any other paras where outside. While his back was turned he didn't notice Guy reaching up to his gag and removing it. Guys mouth unhinged, like a snake's. As the Mantis climed out of and impossibly small space, Strome turned around. A scream died in his throat as the Mantis ripped it out. It ran away, cackleing maddingly.

As Guys awareness climed into the real world, he saw that the Mantis was already gone. "Dam" Startledby his own voice, wich he hadn't used in years, Guy took a step back. As he composed himself, he decided to recapture the Mantis. He slid back into his mind, into the Dementia plane, and searched for a particular creature he had taken control of years ago. A cross between a worm and a slug, It had a long segmented body, protected by rock hard armor plates on the top. Again he unhinged his jaw, and expeled the wirthing Worm. As its 5 foot long body filled the cramped room, Guy hoped on in it a nd steered it out the door...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2003 6:49 pm 
Addict

As Lati left the room, Chaos reviewed his plan.

Ok, who's next. Samantha. From what I heard, she can take out most of the guards. So we get back here in time to meet Lati. Ok, GO!!!

Chaos bolted out of the door and laughed his maniacal laughter, drawing the attention of every guard within a small distance.

"As if you'll EVER catch me! YehehahahaHAHA!!"

Left, left, right.{/i]

"This is going to be GREAT! HAHAHAHA!!!"

[i]Left, right, now I'm on directions. Should be soon...

The guards who gave chase suddenly stoped in their tracks, and began to choke, looking as if they were little marionettes under the control of a child.

Chaos payed no heed, but made an interesting note in the back of his mind as he turned the corner. Bending like that is not that healthy. I hope those guys have a good chiropractor "heheheahahaha!"

Another corner and her cell came into his range. She stood in the middle of the room, no clothing, waiting.

The door.

Chaos opens the door, using one of the keys he stole from the orderly.

Thank you to these people for having a backup security plan for opening cells with no power.

The door opens.

"Hello, Samantha. Let's take our leave of this place. Get some clothes, meet some friends..."

Chaos' face then lights up in pure malice.

"Raise some HELL!!!"

EDIT: Fixed.

- Stephen Crane

Last edited by Chaos on Sat Dec 27, 2003 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 179 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next