ZOMBIE FORUMS

It's a stinking, shambling corpse grotesquely parodying life.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:15 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 179 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2004 10:35 pm 
Addict

Throughout all of the mayhem outside, Chaos calmly walked into the washroom. Opening up the cabinet he pulled a bottle of pills out, and swallowed two whole without water. He then went back into the room he was going to sleep in and let the sleeping pills take effect.
Being outside is going to take some getting used to. Sorry guys, your on your own for this one. I'm too tired to bother...
The drugs sent him into his dreams.

- Stephen Crane

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 29, 2004 3:25 am 
Addict

Air. Need. Air. Breathe. Need to breathe. Head held down. Face blue. Lungs. Filling. With water. Need breath.

Hand. Holding me down. Must stop hand. Get hand off.

Too strong. This man. His hand. Strong. Drowning me.

He is strong. I am weak. Getting weaker. No more strength. Can't hold on.

Stillness. I give up.

I am coming up. He is pulling me up. Air. Breathe. Life.

Look at him. He is me? How could he be? But no. He is stronger than me. Larger. Not physically. I feel insignificant.

Bathtub. Bathroom. Face dripping wet. Noise. Music. Soft. In the background. Schubert's "Das Leierman". How do I know that? I am deaf. Since childhood. Or not?

The report. Chaos gave it to me. Tonight. But where am I now?

A dream. Zarathustra. This is Zarathustra. In front of me.

Chaos gave me it. The report. It said I wasn't me. Zarathustra is me. I am fake. My memories. Fake. Mother. Father. Brother, Chris. The house. In Detroit. A suburb. Uncle Rick. His car. It was pretty. Riding in it. Happy. My first date. With who? Name? Did she have one? Was she real? No. She is a lie. They are a lie. I am a lie.

No. Chaos is fooling me. He is tricking me. Mind games.

Tom, stop lying to yourself.

The report. It's a lie. It's truth. No, a lie. I don't know. Confusion. Total. Ever since the escape. Don't know what to think.

Zarathustra. You. You were drowning me.

Yes.

Why stop? You kill others. The woman. You raped her. You killed her. Her family. You made them watch. I remember now. Why do I remember? Not my memories. Your memories. Not mine.

I can't kill you, Tom. I tried. I don't know why I can't. You may think you're weaker than me, but you still control me. That's why they created you - to control me. With the power I have, I could probably take over the world if I wanted to, and yet I can't even control my own mind. I've destroyed whole cities before, and yet I cannot destroy you.

What's happening? I don't know. Is the report a lie? Am I a lie? If so, kill me. I want it. I beg it.

I don't kill those who beg for death.

But you want it. My death.

Not if it goes against my principles. At this point, you're a great inconvenience, but if you want to cease to exist, you'll just have to find the courage within yourself to do so on your own. I don't aid those who are too afraid to kill themselves by their own hand.

I want to. To destroy myself. I can't. The report. It's a lie. I don't want to. Zarathustra. You are a lie. I am not. I am truth.

You're fooling yourself again, Tommy.

I don't want this truth. I don't want to be a lie.

BOOM. What was that? The boom did not come from me. Shaking. I am shaking. No, the bed is shaking. The bed. The room. The house. Shaking. The BOOM is outside. I am awake.

What a strange dream...

Something is happening outside. Let me look out the window.

That thing... what is it? Now that man who had offered me his friendship earlier is rushing toward it. What's happening? Flames!? Yes. A fire. But it's dying down. Now, here comes the man who had first met me in my cell, just before all the madness started. What's all this wind? The house is shaking again! The fire is growing! That monster's just a pillar of ash now.

What was it? Where did it come from? Was it from the Sanitarium? That's not that unlikely. Most of these people seem to be dangerous, and violent. I hate having to stay with them. But they'll kill me if I try to escape.

Everything's died down now. They're talking about something now; I can't hear what they're saying. I should probably go to bed. I'm so tired. Normally I could never sleep with all these psychos around, but I need the rest desperately.

Sleep. I must sleep. But what if I dream again? The dream I had was unsettling. I know Chaos must be lying. That dream made me worry about things. Things I shouldn't be worrying about. It made the lies into truth. I won't believe them. The lies. But my memories. Fake. They seem so. Chaos. He may be right. He's not right. He is a liar. Or is he? I don't know what to believe. Not sure. Can't think. Not clearly. Drifting. Blank. No thoughts. Rest. Sleep.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 29, 2004 8:31 am 
Addict

"Well, Morrie my dear. Do you want me to answer your question or can I actually get some more sleep on it? We've still got 5 hours before we need to go and I personally would like to rest up a bit. If need be, you can sleep in the Hummer. I'll just get back up on the roof. Anyplace that's comfortable for you is yours for the taking."

Morrie paused. "I . . ." she started, but was interrupted by a yawn. "I want answers," she said. ". . . but sleep . . . would be nice, too."

As long as I don't have any dreams.

Harry turned to look at her. "How long has it been since you slept?" he said.

Morrie stared at him, blinking lazily. "Just before the breakout," she said. "Before that, three days." Max raised an eyebrow. "I don't like sleep."

Her eyes closed, and she rested her head against the Hummer. "No, don't like it at all," Morrie said.

She was out before she could stop herself. Max glanced at Harry, picked Morrie up and put her in the seat of the Hummer.

"I guess we'll talk in the morning then," he said.

Last edited by Ghost on Tue Mar 23, 2004 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 29, 2004 2:26 pm 
Addict

James couldn't sleep.

For the first night in years, he was out of the Sanitarium, more or less free and clear, able to do what he wished. He had looked around the farm, found a dirtbike. He could have rode the thing into town easily, gone for a hunt. The guards, the gas station guy, the youth from the farm, they had simply been there. There was no hunt. He was a predator, he did not simply want to feed, he wanted to catch his meals, stalk them, bring them down. To have it simply handed to him was not satisfying. A hunting ground was only a short ride away. There was little here that could stop him from going.
Yet he couldn't. Somehow, he felt a need to stay here, to help these people. He couldn't figure out why. He'd always been a loner, and the emergence of his vampiric abilities and weaknesses had reenforced that. He was certainly curious about some of the others here, and wanted to know more about them, but mysteries had never held him to a place or group before.
He was behind the farmhouse when he heard the explosion. The crackle of flames reached his ears less than a second before a high-pitched shreik of pain. The sound was pitched higher than a normal human could hear, and its volume was such that it overloaded his sensative hearing. He collapsed, feeling like knives were being driven into his brain, and blacked out.

In the basement, the young boy he had fed on earlier was sleeping in a tight corner, surrounded by strangers and uncomfortable. His dreams were dark, frightening. But the stranger with the hypnotic eyes had calmed him, told him everything would be fine. Suddenly, he felt a burst of pain, snapped awake. The changes induced upon him vanished, and the memories, surpressed by the vampire, lept to the fore. He fought down a scream of terror, surrounded by these strange and terrible people, and quickly crossed the room, heading for the stairs that led to the surface behind the house. Whatever these things were, someone needed to know about them. He needed to make it into town, fast.

Post subject: What am I...the Security Guard?
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 11:19 pm 
Addict

"I guess we'll talk in the morning," Max said after hearing...and seeing Morrie fall asleep within a second. He picked her up and put her in the front passenger seat, after reclining and pushing it back enough to give her a nice place to rest.

"It's amazing how beat they all look. Course I sure as hell don't look or feel like some Spring Chicken."

Max then lightly closes the door and goes back around to Harry.

"Well, shouldn't you also be getting to bed? Being Holier-than-Thou can really take it out of a man."

Max chuckles, but knows it fell on deaf ears. Harry wouldn't let something like that get to him. Max is about to say something else when he hears something from behind the house. It's like someone running. Even with Pervy under his control for the time being, Max has the acute hearing, speed and power of Pervy..albeit at a fraction of the full potential. However a fraction is more than most Humans could dare to achieve.

"Someone's terrified beyond anything and running like a bat out of hell. I can see him now....it's not one of our group. Damn, better catch his ass before we get another welcoming commitee. Back in a minute."

Max focuses on the prey and like a cheetah takes off at a dead sprint, mowing down anything in his way as he runs with incredible speed. After less than a minute, Max catches up with the runner and stops in front of him. The boy just stands there like a Deer caught in headlights. He starts murmuring about his family. The light comes on in Max's head.

"Ahh...so YOU'RE Rebecca's brother. How nice to meet you. Your sister was simply divine. I guess this means we're sort of closer than most others, huh? I screwed the hell out of your sister. She screamed for more and more. Damn, what a minx. "

The look of disgust and anger filled the boy's mind at the thought of Max pinning his sister's legs back and raping her. He even seemed to get ready to attack, but this only exposed another part of his anatomy...the part of him that had been bit by Nightmare.

"I see...Rebecca was my plaything, and you're Nightmare's. Well, I sure as hell can't just leave you out here. He'll need another meal before we leave. Speaking of which, I'll need to feast on your sister's sexual energy again before I can get to bed. All this movement has just made me famished..."

Max ducks in time to miss being hit by the boy who has gone into a rage at the hopes of at least stopping this crazy guy from despoiling his sister again. Max jukes and dodges blow after blow while the other is just going on pure adrenaline. Max ducks then brings his right fit up in an uppercut, connecting with the boy's abdomen and knocking the air out of him...as well as making him unconscious. He takes the boy's body over his shoulder and trucks it back to the house.

"You can't leave just yet...we're not done here and I have an appointment I have to keep with your sister. Rule of advice kid, never let emotions drive you into a rage...that's what sex is for."

Max makes it back to the house and takes the boy back into his previous area and straps him into something so as he won't run away again. He then makes his way upstairs and unlocks Rebecca's door. He sees her nude on her bed, awake, as if waiting up just for him. The door closes and they have wild passionate sex for 90 minutes. Thankfully, Max makes sure that there is very little sound to wake up anyone, but he makes sure that this time it's him, not Pervy, that enjoys this sexual romp. After leaving her to sleep on her bed, smelling of sex, he goes downstairs after getting dressed again and lightly jumps back onto the roof of the Hummer to sleep. Thankfully he doesn't wake up Morrie or Claire and falls asleep with a smile.

Sifu of Corpse Child

Caecus fides est hostilis veritatis

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2004 8:11 pm 
n00b

Moksha stared, mesmerized by the being before her, undistracted by the giant rainbow that soared beneath her, nor its master. Not even the her illusions, now outlandish but somehow pleasant compared to the flurry of death at the gas station.

He is there, and yet, he is not. Translucent… no… but still… his body is elusive to reality. And therefore he also evades my power.

She closed her eyes, and try as she might, she could not focus on his body. It faded in and out of her vision like a moving hologram.

And he is so calm. Calming. I am in envy. No! I must not envy. But still… what is he… his he a god?

Moksha considered asking the meditating man but her shyness got the best of her. Suddenly her concentration was broken by a voice.

“Miss, I... we need to speak.”

“Hmm?”

“I was watching you earlier, when you healed Chaos. Do you think, I mean can you, can you heal me? Can you close the whole in my mind?”

“I’m not sure I understand.” She giggled slightly at the bizarre request.

“These creatures, they come from another… reality. They live inside my head, and they escape to the real world on occasion. I want to be rid of them. I want you to take them out of my head. Destroy them.”

Moksha considered this proposition. She did not want to destroy living things, especially ones as beautiful as her carrier.

“My philosophy forbids me to harm innocent creatures.”

“I assure you, miss…”

“Moksha.”

“Moksha… I’m Guy. I assure you, Moksha, these creatures are not innocent. Most of them are much more vile and fiendish than this one.”

There was a pause as Moksha digested this new information.

“Do they cause you to suffer?”

“Yes.”

“Suffering comes from the illusion of reality. As humans we accept the things around us as real, but they are not. Only when we deny this acceptance will the truth be revealed to us, and only then can we cease to suffer.”

“I see… So no.” Guy sighed in disappointment. The two were silent for the remainder of the trip.

When they arrived at the safe house, Guy staggered over to leader-man. Moksha dismounted the winged rainbow and followed a few steps behind, surveying the house. Already the people around her had induced some small rodents and scorpions.

“Mr Chaos sir, I don't have much time. Please answer me this question quickly, Can you close the hole in my mind?”

Poor man. He didn’t listen to me. Still he searches where the answer can’t be found.

“Yes.”

Now the leader I did not see as a fool. Does he misconceive his power, or relish in distributing false hope? We will talk later…

Guy entered the house. Moksha moved to follow, but leader-man stuck out his arm, blocking her entry. “You don’t want to go in there just yet. Trust me…”

Moksha backed up and sat behind the hummer while the others entered the house. She heard the screams of death and ecstasy from within the house, and the accompanying illusions as three of their party indulged in their dispositions. When the screams had stopped, she entered the house and walked to the living room where the group had congregated.

Leader-man spoke, “Ok, guys. I'm tired as hell right now. If you got beefs, spill them. If you got wants or need that I don't know about, spill those too. Then I will see about giving you those wants and needs.”

Being introverted and unobtrusive as usual, Moksha listened to the —mostly insane—wants, needs and plans of the others in silence. The surroundings were fairly distracting with the high density of people in one space. Moksha closed her eyes.

They may be troubled, but it is still my task to help them.

Moksha “saw” one of her companions approach her. His voice was startled her, it was so close. “Would you mind doing a bit of healing for me later? I could use a bit of help.” Moksha considered acting on it right now.

No. Too many distractions. Remember for later.

When the meeting was informally adjourned, most went to find food before going to sleep. Moksha waited for everyone to leave the living room. She shut off the light and curled up on the couch.

What a da--

Despite that it was still early evening, she was asleep before she could finish the sentence. Not even the sounds of fire and destruction woke her.

OOC: I may insert another dream about the Hindu trinity here. Too tired tonight -_-

Moksha woke with a start. She squinted at the digital clock on the VCR: 3:00AM.

Okay, back to sleep.

If only it were that easy. Moksha’s exhaustion had made sleeping easy before, but she had gone to sleep very early, and she now had to ignore her hallucinations from which she had peace in the Sanitarium. After about a half hour she gave up. She padded into the kitchen and found some rice to cook. When her breakfast was served she began wandering about the house, looking for the leader of the group. She was now regretting not having voiced her needs at their little social the night before. Finally she came to a door with a faint stream of light leaking form the crack beneath the door. She felt his gaze from within the room, so she opened the door and stepped inside.

Leader-man, leader-man… what’s his name?

“Chaos.”

Moksha practically spilled her breakfast. She turned toward the noise and there was the prize of her quest sitting in a reclining chair. Mind reader.

“What else have you got in your bag of tricks?”

“A little of this, a little of that. I must applaud you though, you are the first to learn the greatest of my talents.”

“Your vision. Your prodding vision.”

“What can I say. I’m a divergent thinker. It portrays curiosity.”

“To put it lightly.”

There was a brief pause.

“I would like to help you.”

“I’d say I’m hardly one who needs it around here.”

“Not true. I’ve read your file. I’ve seen what your curse does to you.”

A small swarm of spiders crawled up Chaos’s torso. Eight eyes and eight legs for the curious omniscient one. The gods have a wicked sense of humor. Her eyes followed one up his arm toward his shoulder. Chaos swatted at it. *splat*

“Did I get him?”

“How did you…? Can you see—“

“No, your eyes choreograph the most distracting of your hallucinations.”

Moksha blushed.

“With my help, you will be rid of, not your delusions, but your fear.”

“Impossible. I’ve heard all the wisdom of the highest Brahmins and I know what I must do.”

“Perhaps, but I know that it’s not working.”

Neither of them spoke for a moment.

“What are you going to do?”

“You will become jaded. I will show you the true horrors of this earth, and your phobia for bugs and rodents will become petty.”

Moksha didn’t like this. “No. It is against everything which I have learned,” she rejected. “It is through our belief in Maya that it becomes real, and so we suffer. Adding more suffering will not destroy the suffering I face now.”

“You’ll never know if you don’t try. Come on, you spent, what? 15, 16 years trying the advice of the Brahmins. Don’t you think it’s time to try something else?”

Moksha said nothing, understanding his logic, but refusing to surrender to it.

“Anyway, you think about it. If you like, we can start today.”

Moksha opened her mouth to protest, but her heart was too divided on the issue to voice a rebuttal.

What if he’s right? No, he cannot be. It is wrong. But what if…

Moksha turned to continue their conversation but Chaos had already left. Looking down the hall, she could see him in the kitchen cracking eggs for breakfast.

Did you know that when you get laser eye surgery, you do not get laser vision? I felt so stupid! Here I am trying to do toast.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 10:58 am 
Local

<style>#claire p { margin: 0px; text-indent: 2em; }</style><div id="claire"><p style="text-align: right; margin: 1ex;"><tt>/* Snake River Conspiracy - Somebody Hates You */</tt></p><p>Rest was suprisingly restful, that night. That is, until a little girl entered Claire's dreams. Having not truly slept - only being held unconcious through intravenous drugs - for many years, her mind was unprepared for what awaited it there.</p><p>She saw in her minds eye two girls, one her, the other... her, but not. Both were running down dirty allys through a dirty city. There was never enoguh light to see well, though there was no mistaking one of the children. And the other had black hair.</p><p><i>Why? Why am I seeing this again? I remember this too often, but never like this!</i> As if hearing her thoughts, the two running girls stopped, and turned. As Claire met their gazes, she screamed and woke in a sweat. <i>Eyes! Eyes the like of which should never be known!</i> Curling into a ball in one of the Hummer's seats, <i>Eyes with no whites... eyes so dark they draw you in and never let you go... to whatever Gods may be out there, I pray I never see those again...</i></p><p>Finaly bringing her shaking under control, she spared a glance at the clock. Waving a hand across the dash to find the illumination button her hand grazes the control, lighting the segmented display with harsh green light. Squinting as she is bathed in the erie light, she made out <tt>3:17a</tt> and quickly doused the glow. Sighing inward, she quietly and carefully opened the door to the vehicle, stepping out with bare feet onto the cold ground. Carefully closing the door behind her, Claire ventures to the house, noticing the presence of several lights already on. Entering the house, she walks her way around various sleeping forms to get to the kitchen, where the sounds of preperation and smell of it all eminate.</p><p>Carefully sitting down on one of the stools at the kitchen 'bar', she silently muses, <i>I sure must look like hell warmed over.</i> Glancing down, <i>I really need to get rid of this crumpled surgical gown... it just will not do.</i> Back up and out loud towards the back of the chef, "I'll have whatever it is that smells so good. Just make it a small portion - before yesterday I hadn't eaten solid food in three years." Yawning and stretching, she wipes the sleep from her eyes and tear stains from her cheeks.</p></div>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 12:58 pm 
Addict

<style>#claire p { margin: 0px; text-indent: 2em; }</style><div id="claire"><p>Head throbbing, James awoke some time later, although before dawn. He used the side of the house to pull himself up, placed a hand against it as a navigation aid. His ballance was shot. Whatever had happened had taken him down good. The smell of brimstone and charcoal reached his nose, he rouned the house's corner and saw a burned patch where, he presumed, the thing that had made the scream had died. His other sences detected two sleeping females in one of the cars, and they also brought him the smell of frying bacon. His stomach growled, reminding him that he'd had no solid food for some time.</p><p>The kitchen wasn't hard to find, and there he found two others. The girl was still in her hospital gown(he made a point not to stare) and the other was Chaos, their leader. Chaos did not turn from the stove, but said "Morning, Nightmare. Couldn't sleep?"</p><p>"Something like that." It looked like Chaos was cooking for everyone, there was a pile of bacon already cooked and more to go into the pan, and he smelled something with eggs in the stove. "I take it most of the others are coming down soon?"</p><p>"Well, the festival is at dawn. I figured we'd want to be there in time. Do you want some of this stuff?"</p><p>"Yes. Some of the raw stuff will do nicely." He grabbed a handful of raw bacon. It's not steak, but it'll do.</p><p>"Won't you get sick eating it like that?" He turned, looked at the girl. He heard music playing, and he couldn't tell where from.</p><p>"Raw meats agree with me. I can't stand the cooked stuff." She gave him an odd look, and the music changed. He filed it under 'unexplained' and decided to figure it out later.</p><p>"So, Chaos, what's our plan?"</p></div>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 1:56 pm 
PostWhorePornStar

Andy was awakened by all the activity in the house. He looked around and found himself still in the corner where he collapsed after last night’s show. The blanket was still in the other corner and so was most of the glass from the window. Groping around, he found a small bundle of clothes next to him. He picked it up and went to one of the empty rooms before changing out of his patient uniform. The clothes were a dark green t-shirt, a pair of jeans, and a pair of underwear. Hmm, not bad. At least it’s a good fit. The pants are a little stiff though, but at least I won’t draw unnecessary attention. As he tossed the uniform into the corner, he saw the time on one of the clocks. What the hell?! Whose fucking idea is it to wake people before dawn?! God damn it’s too early. He could smell someone cooking something down in the kitchen and so he dropped in to check.

“Morning all, I guess. What’s cooking?”

“Eggs, bacon, breakfast stuff…” The girl at the counter stopped and just stared at Andy, drawing the other’s attention to him as well.

“What are you all looking at?!” He touched his face and felt traces of dried blood. “Oh, that was from last night. Apparently, someone thought it was a bright idea to make a GODDAMNED INFERNO OUT FRONT LAST NIGHT! *deep breath* God, and you people say I draw attention. I’ll see if I can get it healed along with everything else before we go.” Andy got some eggs and sat down next to the young girl.

Everyone took this as a cue to ignore the blood and go back to what they were doing. After a few minutes of eating, Andy suddenly realized something. “Hey, it just occurred to me that I don’t know any of your names. Anyone feel like introducing themselves? I’m Andy if you didn’t hear before.”

Last edited by wolf346 on Thu Mar 04, 2004 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 2:51 pm 
Local

<style>#claire p { margin: 0px; text-indent: 2em; }</style><div id="claire"><p style="text-align: right; margin: 1ex;"><tt>/* <a href="http://www.gothcandy.net/attachments/music/halo.ogg">Collide - Halo</a> */</tt></p><p>Half smiling, Claire turns her head back to the examination of the eggs on her plate - the bacon long gone, and hashbrowns virtually untouched. Turning back to look at Andy, "Pleased to meet you, I'm Claire." A quick glance to Chaos, "I don't know what the doctors called me on paper, though. As for an explosion, you say? I heard nothing - I never knew I slept so deeply. Dr. Adams," pausing to recall, "Daniel, rather, never let me sleep. I don't think he really knew that, though."</p><p>Moving a few hashbrowns around her plate, a shadow quickly crosses Claire's features, then is gone.</p><p>Standing, Claire walks the few steps nessicary to get within arms reach of Andy and gently taps him on the side of the arm. Turning, he glances at her other hand then her eyes. Claire raises a cloth smelling of antiseptic to clean the blood from his face and gently clean small cuts caused by glass. Wincing at the sting of antiseptic, Andy decides not to protest or complain.</p><p>To the others, wherever Claire's hand passes over the blood simply - dissapears. Finishing, she walks a few more steps to the trash bin and seemingly drops something into it. Sitting back down on her stool she continues to aimlessly push her food about. "That'll sting for a while, but should be fine in a day or two. Might leave a scar, which might be a good or bad thing depending on your opinion of scars."</p></div>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 11:47 pm 
Addict

Max got a rest from Pervy...he wouldn't have any bad dreams or trips down Memory Lane for a while. Max was content with drifing in and out of sleep while looking up at the stars. The thought of getting the hell off this rock was one that excited him. To get away from those that would brand him a freak and cage him up again...or perhaps decide he didn't deserve to live.

I'll find me a nice place to go, get some honeys and just enjoy the High Life...shit, like THAT'LL ever happen. Space is pretty set up for the Elites only or the hellholes that are worse on Mars then what's down here. Hell, we'll never leave this dirtball as a species and survive.

"Look at me, I'm waxing philosophically and all to myself. I think I've had enough sleep. What time is it?"

A few seconds later, the side door opened on the Hummer and Claire left, leaving his jacket inside. After she left, he chuckled for some reason and just continued to enjoy the outside feeling of freedom. After a few minutes, he could smell something from inside the house. It was...FOOD! Sweet Glorious food was being cooked from inside. Max jumped down lightly so as to not unduly wake Morrie, got his jacket out, put it on and went inside the house. He looked back at Morrie in the front passenger seat.

"I'll let her sleep a little bit longer. I'll just make sure to get a plate for her...that should get her up."

The smell of Eggs Benedict was pungent as Chaos was cooking up a storm. It seemed most of everyone had come in and were feasting. For all of them, Max included, this was the first real good meal in a long time. Almost drooling at the prospect of a good meal, Max starts to get the portions set up for him and Morrie. While doing this, he hears Andy talk about the inferno outside earlier and all about names.

"Oh, I'm sorry about the flames. It was the only way Harry or I could take care of that creature. It was like a living plant and it came out of the house. I'm still not sure how it was set up or sent out, but we at least took care of it. And of course just call me Max. Maximillian is just too long, and almost rhymes with my last name. Too sophicated for someone like me. Now if you need me, I'll be outside."

Max heads back out while everyone else is savoring the meal. Putting the plates on the roof, he then opens the door to Morrie and rouses her up from her sleep.

"Hey Kiddo, time for Breakfast. Real food this time. Enjoy it while you can, it might be the last for a while until we get to another safehouse."

Sifu of Corpse Child

Last edited by BandMan2K on Sat Mar 06, 2004 2:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 4:30 am 
Addict

From deep inside his own mind, Harry barely perceives his surroundings. He has set his senses to keep track of a few things, but mostly, his thoughts are all his own.

My pattern of action is failing, my policies are producing results that I cannot accept. My path to enlightenment was to avoid violence. This has only made me a spectator, an accessory to crime. Perhaps... It is my duty to react. My path to engage. To intensify the violence like the fire. To feed its heat so that it may escape...I must help these monstrs remove themselves from this planeyt or there will be no reversing the tide of events which will slaughter thousands.

Harry suddenly heard Max speak.

"Hey Kiddo, time for Breakfast. Real food this time. Enjoy it while you can, it might be the last for a while until we get to another safehouse."

Another one? I hope not, not like this one. If we have to go to another place. If there is another young girl.... Will he remember our truce? If there is and he does not, what will I do? Whatever I can or cannot do to the demon, I can kill the girl, With barely a thought. A clean death that I would chose in her place. I am remiss in my duty as it is. It dishonors the girl he has to allow him to keep her as a zombie-like slave. I allow it to continue, because it may save another from being taken. If he will be satisfied we can avoid conflict. If we can be allies...we can guide the others from the planet. let them make their own place, or die. To that end I will share their fate.

Harry suddenly stood up, having finished his breakfast. As he walked by Max his hand fell, clapping him on the shoulder for a moment and he continued on.

After a brief walk he fell in behind Moksha. Placing a hand on her shoulder, he spoke.

"You should not trust to a false prophet to give you hope with hollow miracles. He may indeed mean well, but he can only treat the symptoms. Only you, can treat the disease. In time, you may gain the power to help yourself. No one else can do it for you. No one can give another person answers. This is because all people have their own understanding. Perhaps, though, you can be helped to find your own answers. In the meantime, try to be strong, and chose your path wisely, it is, of course, your decision."

Now the die must fall,
There ain't a winner in this game
Who don't go home with all, Not with all...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 3:56 pm 
Local

<style>#claire p { margin: 0px; text-indent: 2em; }</style><div id="claire"><p style="text-align: right; margin: 1ex;"><tt>/* <a href="http://www.gothcandy.net/attachments/music/crushed.ogg">Collide - Crushed</a> */</tt></p><p>Smiling pleasantly at those gathered around the kitchen table and bar, Claire nodded to an unseen girl. Rising, she walked from the room slightly on the balls of her feet, compressing her knees and hips in such a way as to seemingly glide across the ground. Walking up the thin stairway to the second floor, she drags her fingertips lightly along the walls on either side of her. Pausing as her hand touches the second door on her right, she turns to face it. Turning the handle with a piercing squeak of old metal, the door opened in relative quiet.</p><p>Stepping in, Claire's senses were assaulted by what had gone on previousally. Almost stumbling as if struck, Claire's brow furrowed as she saw what remained of the girl sitting on her bed.<p>"Are you here to take me to Master Pervy?" asked the girl in a somewhat dazed tone. Claire walked up and crouched to look at the girl in the eyes.</p><p>The girl looked through Claire.</p><p>"No, I am not. I need clothes, and some of your stuff should fit me." Inwardly shuddering, Claire stood and walked to the closet. Sliding the slatted partition out of the way, she began ruffling through the items hung there.</p><p>"Why do we need clothes with Pervy around? He'd just destroy them." The girl laughed the laugh of an empty soul. Claire shuddered again, visibly this time. Suddenly realizing something the girl looked around, though her eyes remained unfocused, "Where's that music coming from?"</p><p>Stepping into the room, Claire's companion balked, wrinkling her nose. "Uhm, sis? I don't think mommy would approve. And I don't think I'm old enough to know what happened." Walking up to the dazed girl as she continued to look around, "Hi! My name's Alice! What's yours? Some call me Al, but I think they're trying to be mean. You're pretty, but aren't you cold?"</p><p>"I'm... I'm Rebecca. And Master keeps me warm... oh so warm..." Hugging herself, the girl's eyes close, smiling.</p><p>"," Alice was speechless.</p><p>Finally pulling a simple black cotton halter top and long skirt from the closet, Claire quickly dresses. "Alice, I don't think she's quite there. Even more than most of us. And I don't think you should be here."</p><p>Looking from the girl on the bed as she touches herself, to Claire, Alice nods, turns, and walks from the room. Footsteps calmly walking down the stairs into the distance return thunderousally, "Claire! Better hurry, people'r gettin ready to go!"</p><p>Adjusting her top, Claire walks from the room. Turning and placing her hand on the door knob, the girl now laying on her bed moaned softly, "No..."</p><p>Claire shuddered one last time before descending the stairs after Alice. Examining the entryway closet, Claire selected a pair of black leather calf-length boots and a long leather coat. Stepping into the crisp morning air, Claire leaned against the wall next to the door and sighed, eyes held tightly closed, attempting to not remember the look in the girl's eyes.</p></div>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 11:20 pm 
Addict

Breakfasts finished, the younger kids had scattered, exploring the house and the yard in spite of instructions to prepare to leave soon. Simon was impressed that they'd sat still as long as they had. He wandered out into the drive, and was startled by a loud rustling sound from above. Lati seemed to be chasing squirrels in the trees around the side of the house.

Simon walked over. Now looking something like a giant squirrel ... <i>himself</i>? Lati had captured one of the rodents and appeared bent on teaching the frenzied tree-rat how to fetch.

"Hi, um, Lati. How's it goin'?" The squirrel-boy grinned down at him <i>I don't remember squirrels having fangs like that... or quite so many legs.</i> "Wanna play catch?" Lati showed more teeth and nodded vigorously, tightening vis embrace of the captive squirrel until it looked like it was having a heart attack. Taking this for assent, Simon grinned himself, and pointed at the top of the utility pole overlooking the yard. With a yank that made him take a step back, he pulled down a softball-sized globe of ball lightning. As the glowing ball drifted down, he batted it towards the still grinning polymorph. "NO! CATCH it, don't ..."

*SNAP!*

Lati yipped, but seemed more surprised than hurt. Another toothy smile and some rather confusing gestures indicated ve wanted to try again. With a shrug Simon pulled down another ball. This time Lati caught it and batted it back. The forgotten squirrel seized the opportunity to escape and fled across the treetops, too frightened even to chitter.

<center>---</center>

As the game went on, Simon saw one of the other younger ones <i>Guy?</i> passing by an open window. Encouraging him to come out and play, Simon drew down more balls of plasma. Soon a number of the kids were out in the yard. Some jumped into the games, while others, too cool to join in such exuberant fun, sat on the porch and chilled, watching the others. Still, Simon kept one eye on the house, anticipating the emergence of some occupants in particular.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 11:21 pm 
Addict

"Hey Kiddo, time for Breakfast. Real food this time. Enjoy it while you can, it might be the last for a while until we get to another safehouse," Max said, gently nudging Morrie's shoulder.

<marquee><i>Who is she? I don't know. He brought her in here, why don't you ask him? He doesn't know her. Then why did he bring her? He almost ran her over. I see. My guess is a highly-developed death wish. It bears further consideration. Do you think she sees us behind this glass? Look at her eyes, she couldn't see anything even looking right at it. She probably doesn't even hear her own breathing.</i></marquee>

<marquee><i>Don't you remember anything? No. What's stopping you? I don't know. Do you think that there's something important to be gained if you did know? I don't know. What if you did? Stop asking me questions. I still have an hour left to talk to you, Morrie, you can't get rid of me that easily. I just want to be alone where I can't hurt anybody. I'm afraid I don't have the clearance for that. Then leave me alone. I still have an hour, Morrie. I SAID--LEAVE ME ALONE!</i></marquee>

Morrie twitched in her first moments of wakefulness, lashing out at Max with her foot, catching him in the ribs. Max grunted. Morrie blinked, shaking her head slowly, wiping the sleep out of her eyes with her left hand. ". . . Mass . . ." she said. She laboriously sat up, blinking. "Max?" she said. "Oh, jesus. I'm sorry, I should've warned you about that . . ."

"No, it's okay," Max said. "My fault. Some people are a bit touchy when they wake up." He smiled, and grabbed something off the hood of the Hummer. "Here. Brought some breakfast."

Morrie's nose picked up the smell of eggs benedict before her eyes saw it, but not as fast as it should have, thanks to her sleepiness. Her mouth watered, and she grabbed the plate away, gulping down huge bites of egg and muffin and ham. "God--haven't--had--food--this good--in years," she said between mouthfuls.

"So, you want to talk some more about last night?" Max said. Morrie looked up at him, pausing with food still in her cheek. She looked down, face darkening.

"You smell like you're pleased," she said. "And it smells like you did it." She looked at him briefly. "I need to finish eating. Maybe when I'm up to it." She pulled herself out of the Hummer and walked away. Halfway to the house, she looked back. "Not now."

Last edited by Ghost on Tue Mar 23, 2004 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 11:57 pm 
Addict

Max rubs the spot where Morrie kicked him gently.

Talk about a kick...heheheheh. At least she's more talkative then yesterday.

Max closes the door, everyone's seeming to either wake up or finish up their meals. While waiting for everything to get in order, he goes upstairs into the bathroom and after stripping himself of the clothes, gets into the shower and cleans up.

15 minutes later he comes out nude, but dryed off with a towel and walking in front of everyone as he heads to the Dryer, throws his clothes in and lets them tumble in the heat for a bit. Once done, he takes them out and puts them on again.

"Ahh, this should at least kill the stench until I get new clothes. They still smell of death."

He heads into the living room where everyone stares at him for the fact he showed off his physique to everyone...all his bits.

"Hey, I'm comfortable with myself. Besides, I needed the damn shower and to toss the clothes in the dryer to kill most of the funk with the heat, albeit not the best way but it works. So, are we getting ready to go or what?"

Sifu of Corpse Child

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2004 12:04 am 
Addict

/* Rage Against The Machine - Revolver */

10,000 Feet above the Atlantic Ocean

Blood in the snow, The crisp, clean snow, pure white as God's own mercy, wreathed in crimson. And the wailing. That keening song will never fade from memory

Adar shock himself out of his revere and shuddered. He poured another shot out of the small bottle on the tray before him and slugged it back. The whiskey burned all the way down, like the dozen of its brothers before. He was discustingly drunk and deservedly so.

'I'll never return to Russia again' Adar realized with a start. For all the vodka, the majestic pre-20th century buildings amidst a whirl of snow, and the warm, soft, giggling company, all that paled to the white miles to Kyrgyzstan and what was to be found there.

Adar glanced around him. The first class cabin had been full when he came a mere week ago. Now it was near empty, and those who had returned sat silent in similar states to himself. Except Geoff. Geoff had crossed over.. and hadn't come all the way back. He sat bolt upright, staring almost unblinkingly straight ahead, eyes burning into the seat to his front, hands gripping the armrests like death-claws. When Geoff got back to the states, Adar knew, they would pat him sheepishly on the back, politely take his pistol away from him and lead him to a nice quiet cubical in the mail room, paying a healthy sum of guilt money for the rest of his life.

No such luck for those too stupid to surrender to insanity, or to join his comrades in pieces on the welcoming snow. Adar knew he would be assigned again, and soon. The smiling Russian generals, passing out cigars to the survivors, the CIA liaison, all praised him. Him, out of the others. Of course, he had been the one to trigger the destruct, but if not he, then surely someone else would. Wouldn't they?

Adar sure as hell didn't want to think that it had come down to either himself or a Polaris XIII nuke to put a stop to whatever 'teething problems' had created the twisted nightmares that had hunted them down.

No matter, he was Unspec's 'Man', at least right now, and the CIA loved to play their ace's hard and early. He was not suprised in the least when the pretty hostess handed him a mobile phone with an apologetic look. Looks like his bosses wouldn't wait the 20 more minutes for the scramjet to rocket over the Atlantic, choosing to bully the aircrew instead.

He glanced at the hostess as she walked away. Nice ass, nice legs... but she had a rock on her finger, and he doubted he could charm her in 20 minutes, less after the call... let alone get the old feller up after a bakers dozen of New Wild Turkey

"Adar here"
"Agent Grey, excellent. Outstanding job, heard it was some nasty buisness.
"Yessir, Delta lost most of their guys. Geoff's.... you know about Geoff. And the Russian army's still picking bits of Malcom out of the snow to send home, sir"
"So I've heard, how are you holding up? Heard about your request, "Send me somewhere warm next time" eh"
"I'm fine, sir, nothing a little time off and a little danger money won't fix, and yeah, somewhere warm next time please?"

Adar's mind wandered as he drunkenly burbled on with Unspec's director, who was sounding drunk himself, most likely in celebration instead of mourning. He had liked Malcom, Malcom had a wife and kids. All Adar has was divorce papers and a whiff of perfume whenever he opened his sock drawer. The hell, did the bitch really expect him to just pull his dick when he spent eleven months in an African sinkhole, training some new governments troops how to better fight the centuries old war for the diamond trade? He sure as hell didnt expect one of the local tunti's to write him a fucking letter when he rotated back home to the states.

Adar felt an admittadly unjustified wave of anger filter through his drunkeness. Hell, he wouldn't of minded if she'd fucked around...

"Bullshit" He muttered as he put the phone down on the tray "I would have gone balistic"

But he would have stayed... maybe. All Adar knew was that the only people who would be happy to see he survived to rotate back home again would be old men in suits. Even Geoff would be going back to his family, even if Mummy would make sure the kiddies "are not to make loud noises around Daddy" ever again.

Adar yawned. The director wanted him for something tomorrow. The last thing he wanted was another mission right away, but at least it looked like he could go Mavrick again. This mission had been too crowded... even if it hadn't finished that way.

He shuddered again and fell into a short, nightmare-filled sleep as the scramjet screamed high above the US mainland towards Washington.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 9:27 pm 
Addict

OOC: Come on guys! Let's get this thing moving!

IC: In fairly short order the group had breakfasted and prepared for the day. The piled into their various vehicles as the first color of dawn became apparant on the horizon.

James sat in the back seat of the hummer, grinning like an idiot. Finally, after so long, he would have a chance to hunt, to feed on live and aware prey, not shocked or helpless prey. The blood sang in his veins as he prepared for the hunt.

The others in the hummer were also excited, conversing about a range of subjects, from what they planned to do to wondering what had happened in the world since the begining of their captivity. Although James tuned most of their conversations out, he did wonder, would the world be more shocked by their appearance, or would they be more shocked by its?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 9:53 pm 
PostWhorePornStar

OOC: Takes place before and during Chaz's post.

After everyone had managed to get some food, Andy made a suggestion. “Ok, I guess if we’re leaving and not coming back, we need to erase the evidence. Can everyone gather everything they want to take with them before I take care of this place?” Heads nodded as people went through the house, taking anything they though might be useful later on. Andy grabbed a bag and filled in with all the metal utensils he could find in the kitchen before heading outside. He could still feel something in the back of his mind, that seemed…foreign, like it wasn’t his. Once everyone was outside with their salvage, Andy placed both hands on the ground. It’s good to feel something with this arm again. Focus. Have to do this carefully. Don’t want to set off any seismic sensors. But do I even have enough power for this? Only one way to find out.

Andy concentrated on the ground below the house. He extended his consciousness into the earth around it until he hit a limit. It should be enough. Barely, but enough. He used his power on the dirt and stone, causing it to liquefy and flow out from under the house. The two-story building seemed to sink slowly into the ground, as if it was built on quicksand. He began to breathe heavily as the exertion of shifting all the stone began to take its toll. He managed to submerge it up to the windows on the second floor before it stopped. Despite his concentration, the house wouldn’t go any farther.

“DAMN IT!!” He punched the ground hard and the ground around the house shook. The ground opened, allowing the house to tumble into the chasm before it was swallowed by the earth. It seemed to take only a few moments, but the house was gone, the shaking stopped, and the rift was sealed, almost as if it never existed. He fell backwards and lay on the ground, struggling to breathe. Damn it, I didn’t mean to do that. His head rolled to the side, and he saw Claire, but something seemed off. The grass and weeds around her seemed to wither and die. He closed his eyes and rubbed at them. I must be more tired than I thought if I’m already hallucinating.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 10:26 pm 
Addict

Max hears Andy say about going too and that everyone should get their stuff. Upon hearing this, he got all together and went up to Rebecca's room.

"Be out in a sec."

He went into the room, seeing his victim waiting with anticipation for more sex with the tentacle monster. Max brings his hand to her cheek and kisses her on the lips.

"My dear sweet Rebecca, you have done so much to help us and for that you will be taken care of. You'll no longer have to worry about anyone else coming in to disturb you. Didn't I say that I would take care of you?"

'Yes you did, Master Pervy. What shall I do for you?'

"All you need to do is stay in here. No matter what happens, you stay in here. You'll be safe. I'll be looking out for you."

'Yes, Master.'

Max leaves the girl in the room and locks her door.

Goodbye, Rebecca. You'll be remembered in the Harem.

Max goes out of the house and heads towards the Hummer. As he did so, he sees the House start to sink into the ground by Andy's hand. Just when it's about to take Rebecca's floor, the house stops. Andy seems to get pissed and slams his hand down, opening a chasm for the house to fall into. Max thought he heard a female scream coming from the house as it fell into the hole, but it disappeared when the hole closed up and Andy fell from exhaustion. Max goes up to him and Claire.

"Claire, why don't you take him in your car and let him rest up. If need be, you'll at least be there to heal him up if necessary. I'll get him into your car, ok?"

At this, Max picks up Andy and takes him to Claire's car, putting him in the front passnenger seat then closing the door. After winking at Claire, Max heads back to the Hummer, thinking of Rebecca's death.

Still got it, baby.

Max jumps in with everyone else that'll ride with him, turns the ignition, slams the Hummer into gear and takes off in the entourage of cars heading towards the mall. The sun is on its way to breaking the Horizon as they head for the Sunrise Festival...but they still had a little bit of time before it would start.

Sifu of Corpse Child

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 179 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next