ZOMBIE FORUMS

It's a stinking, shambling corpse grotesquely parodying life.
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:01 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1694 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 85  Next
 Post subject: Bimbo's Bar & Grill
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2001 3:05 am 
Local

Welcome to Bimbo's Bar & Grill (aka BB&G). We're not sure where Bimbo got the money to buy this place... maybe she was lucky in Las Vegas... perhaps she found a lonely sugar daddy in need of a little action... maybe Ralph did a little unscrupulous wheeling and dealing somewhere -- it doesn't really matter.

However Bimbo came into money -- well, it wasn't quite enough. The place isn't a dive, but there are sections that are, shall we say, undermaintained. Perhaps that is why some areas are so dimly lit.

But Bimbo's Bar & Grill is a big place -- with plenty of room for mingling, relaxing, entertaining -- and even fighting. The lounge has a full bar with barstools, plenty of tables, a small stage with sound system, a section of open floor for dancing, a dart board, and a pool table. Occasionally there is a small band which will play songs on request. And cheerful waitresses in theme costumes scurry quickly through the room and tend to customers' needs. This month they are dressed in Mahoromatic costumes -- kawaii!!

Off to one side of the lounge is a plasma big-screen TV, some telephones and internet terminals, and some sort of betting board listing participants, odds, and payouts.

At the entrance to BB&G there is a massive, wooden door which opens into a foyer where arriving patrons often stand to scope out the situation. Opposite the lounge and across the foyer is a small restaurant which offers a surprisingly comprehensive menu. Where else can you find spaghetti, tamales, sirloin steak, clam chowder, borscht, pizza, tossed green salad, banana splits, burgers & fries, shabu shabu, and okonomiyaki -- to list just a few? Its kitchen is well-stocked with food -- which is a good thing since food fights have been known to occur. The restaurant also offers take-out, which is very handy for combatants and mecha pilots on-the-go.

Other amenities include a large unisex restroom, a couple of slot machines and video poker machines, a bulletin board, a vending machine, and a coat rack. There is a large "dead" area by the entrance -- a sort of staging/storage area -- where one can park his or her heavy armor, motoslave, magic keg, popcorn cart -- or whatever -- while having fun in the lounge or restaurant.

We don't see the owner, Bimbo, around here much. But there is a constant rotation of customers, and you just never know who will show up and entertain or cause trouble. We eat and drink a lot -- because everyone can run a tab -- and, to date, no one has ever had to pay up. :wink:

----------------
<font color="3300FF">LovelyAngel</font>
<font size="2">Only dead fish swim with the current.</font>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2001 3:47 am 
Native

*The door opens to reveal kyhm in winter coat and boots. He kicks the door frame a few times to dislodge snow from his boots, shucks his coat, and walks in. How he's got snow on his boots when there's no snow within 300 miles of LA remains a mystery, maybe it's a Canadian thing.*

*he looks around the place, heaves a relaxed sigh, and wanders over to LovelyAngel, who seems to be lounging in a very comfy looking chair. kyhm adopts one of his annoying almost-English accents, the pseudo-London one this time.*

'ello Love, nice place you found 'ere. Glad you told us 'bout it.

*kyhm drops his coat on a similarly comfy chair. A waitress approaches*

A good Scotch, if you please, neat, and your largest cofee, cream and sugar. Ta.

*as the waitress returns to the bar, kyhm turns his attention back to the angel*

So, how'd you find this place?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2001 5:00 am 
Local

"Hmm... I don't remember seeing this place before." she muses. "Looks promising though."

*Van shifts the keg she's holding in one arm, then pushes open the entrance door. Once she makes her way inside, Van pauses for a moment to adjust herself to the dim-lighting permeating thoughout parts of the establishment.*

"Oh yeah, this is my kinda place!" Van exclaims as she surveys BB&G's atmosphere and vast selection of amenities.

*Van stowes her keg away in the "dead area", then takes off her leather jacket and hangs it on the coat rack. Ah, what to do first? She heads over to the lounge section of the establishment and makes her way to the bar. Once seated at one of the stools, Van addresses the kawaii-ly outfited bartender...*

"Hi there! I'll take an amaretto sour please." Van places her order with a smile.

"Sure, coming right up!" The Bartender quickly prepares the drink with style. You know, throwing the bottles behind her back and catching them... that type of thing. Quite a show really.

"Damn, you're good!" Van exclaims when the Barkeep hands her the drink.

"Oh, not really..." The Barkeep shugs off the compliment demurely. "By the way, did you want to start a tab here? That seems to be a popular option among our customers.

"Thanks! That'd be great. Put it under "Van" please."

"Actually, could I get your full name? That's the requirement around here."

"Ah, geez... alright, put it under Vanguard Armstrong."

*The Barkeep giggles slightly*

"Hey, what's wrong with my name?!" Van jokingly puts on an comically fake look of indignance.

"Oh, nothing really... it just sounds rather formal is all. Like it really doesn't fit you." the Barkeep replys.

"Yeah, well ya got me on that one." Van concedes.

*Van suddenly spies the nearby pool table. Oh yes, this is going to be sweet.*

"If you'll excuse me, that pool table over there is calling." Van grins at the Barkeep and makes a bee-line towards the table. Once there, Van wastes no time in racking up a game of nine-ball...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2001 6:27 am 
Addict

/Chris enters the bar as if he's been here before

/Chris heads straight for the bar and sits on a barstool, trying to be inconspicuous on his way

/Chris wave the bartender over

*Whispering from both*

This place could be in better condition, I'm gonna pay up on my tab...

/Chris hand the bartender a wad of cash

Barkeep: Thanks Chris, Bimbo will be pleased.

Can I get your best German import lager.

Barkeep: Certainly.

/Barkeep pull's a stein from beneath the bar and puts it under one of the many nossles lined along the bar, fills it, and hands it to Chris

Thanks.

/Chris hands the barkeep another wad of cash

Don't tell anybody, but drink's are on the house for anyone that has a tab going.

Barkeep: No arguement here.

/Chris grins

Well, I think I'm gonna enjoy my b33r, and if anybody wishes to talk to me, they will.

/Chris relaxes and watches Van get her pool game ready

It's Valhalla for the masses,
The Sinister Chris

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2001 10:27 am 
Tourist

*pudgy elitist college student wanders in, not really having anything better to do*

Hmm.

*starts wandering around the room aimlessly like an extra from a George Romero movie; occasionally stops and hums very loudly, then moves on*

What? I'm checking out the acoustics.

*waves hi to Chris and hopes he won't get his leg blown off this time*

*wonders if the restaurant does curry; goes over to check out the menus*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2001 12:28 pm 
Local

*Wandering across from the arrival terminal, Briareos stops in the "dead" area out front and removes his Gausium K-5 vest and checks his Subero 20mm in with the weapons attendant. He takes his receipt, wipes the slush, mud and snow off of his boots and meanders inside, where it is much warmer.*

(Nice thing about being ceramic plated, i dont have to worry about the salt)

*Seeing Lovely Angel near the bar with Chris and Kyhm, he nods at them in acknowledgement*

(The chairs are too small here too)

*He then notices the brass nameplate on the back of the chairs "AECS" -Adaptable Ergonomic Comfort System- pressing the plate the chair shifts and molds itself in to a larger more comfortable shape*

Ahem! :cough: Could you hand me my jacket and supplies please

*His avatar dissapears for a moment and reappears holding a smoking jacket, decanter, and a small wooden box*

*Setting the decanter and box on the small table next to the chair, Briareos wraps the smoking jacket around himself and sits down near the fireplace*

*Not seeing any non smoking signs he opens the box and removes a pair of crystal snifters, a long eboney pipe and some cherry tobacco*

Now this is nice, fine setting, good people, 70 year old brandy and a good smoke.

Spelling edit

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Briareos on 2001-12-12 11:30 ]</font>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2001 12:52 pm 
Addict

Opens the door cautiously, looking around making sure it's the right place before he enters.

"Phew, picked the right one"

Leaves his sword at the empty space and walks up to the bar. Enters the bar, notices the Sinister Chris, returns to the empty place and leaves all Ter'angreal, his crown of swords, other Wheel of Time stuff and the 9 Wheel of Time books plus the guide at the empty space, then walks up to the bar.

"Euhm... can I have a white wine please?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2001 2:03 pm 
Local

* Mark steps in, surveying his surroundings. A new bar, it would seem, replete with magical objects, customers with strange supernatural abilities and personality quirks, and a remarkably amicable social atmosphere. Surprisingly, there are no bad puns to be heard. He steps up to the bar.*

"I'll have a Rum & Coke, please. Sans Coke."
* The bartender sets the bottle down next to the glass of rum. *

"Leave the bottle, I'll start a tab or something.. uh, tell you what.."

* Mark whips out his wallet, packed with a wad of cash. He puts it on the table. *

"Until either that runs out or I need to have my stomach pumped, keep the drinks coming. And for the sake of financial leverage, maybe I'll buy a round for the house.."

"You know," she says, "for someone who seems to be pretty well-off, you dress like a bum."

"Hey, pretending to be poor is a vital cornerstone of the white, upper-middle-class anarcho-punk scene! See?"
* Mark gets up from the stool, pointing to his rear. The ass of his pants has long since been torn off and attached to the remainder of his jeans by four safety pins. *

* Mark gestures to the stage. *
"Anyone here of any musical talent? I can scream like a lunatic..."

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: markt18 on 2001-12-12 13:10 ]</font>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2001 3:07 pm 
Local

*Van focuses intently on the pool table, dead to any of the other goings on around the bar. After pool balls 1-9 are adaquetely racked in the diamond configuration, Van grabs a pool cue from a nearby holder.*

"Hey, this is nice..." Van murmurs as she inspects the brand-new looking cue. The lower half of the cue is colored dark green interwoven with a black pattern and adorned with a high-quality grip. The top half tapers into high-polished maple, and there appears to be a name inscribed. She has to take a closer look to make it out because of the dim lighting.*

"Let's see, it says... Van?!" Van look suspiciously from left to right, thinking someone is playing a joke on her. Finally she shugs, "Hey, might as well go with it."

*Van chalks up the cue's tip and breaks the balls. As planned, the cue ball strikes the one and the rest scatter across the table. One by one (and actually two at a time in some cases) Van sinks the balls in order. A few minutes later, Van lines up the nine ball, and cleanly sinks it into the corner pocket.*

"Oh yeah baby, I NEED to become a pool hustler!" Van jokes to herself.

*Suddenly, she hears a clapping noise emanating from the direction of the bar. She turns around quickly and spots Chris*

"Oh, hey Chris! I didn't know you were here!" Van grins and addresses the sinister looking man and the bar. "Wanna join me?" she holds up the pool que and gestures towards the table.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2001 3:08 pm 
Tourist

*whips out his tanpura*

Gimmie a few minutes to tune this thing to the resonant frequencies of the room, and I'll rock the place!

Wooo! Drones kick!

*gives the classic rock'n'roll index-and-pinky salute, then starts painstakingly adjusting strings; notices a bunch of people staring at him*

Oh, wait, that wasn't what you meant, was it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2001 3:43 pm 
Expatriate

Once again the door darkens, and Greyeyes enters the bar. He hangs his cloak and swords in the dead zone, and strolls over to the bar.
"Start a tab, bartender. I want as old a chardonnay as you have."
"What name should it be under?"
"Greyeyes."
"Real Name."
"Marable Vincent."
"Thanks. Here ya go."
Grey takes the bottle, opens it, and looks around. He sees Chris sitting nearby, and salutes him. "Hey Chris. Sorry I was so late to the Mecha battle. My connection was down, but it's back up."

---begin CRFH!!! code ---
F !U IRC R+ RM--- H+ PSL++ FW S+++

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2001 4:46 pm 
Addict

As I open the door, my trenchcoat get caught in the difference of air pressure inside and outside the bar, hence it started flapping, making me look just like an "Anime God" (wishful thinking on my part. :lol: )

I walk down the stairs, and remove my blade for the weapon's check. (don't worry, my annihilated Epyon from the mech fight is winging it's way home in a transport)

Going to the bar, i ask the bartender for a Double Scotch; neat and to leave the bottle with me. Handing him the money for all of it, i take my drink with me as i shake Kyhm's hand for getting me onto this forum and kissing the hand of LovelyAngel for "helping" Bimbo with the place (if i remember correctly)

Nodding my head to TSC, he points a finger towards me and the tip lights up in a flame.
I take his proffered finger and light the Pipe Tobacco Cigar I had with me. Thanking him for the light, i sit in a chair between the group and the pool table and nodding my head to Van on her apparantly interesting pool-hustling abilities.

aaahhhh... to be here for a while. that would be great.

Sifu of Corpse Child

Caecus fides est hostilis veritatis

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2001 11:51 pm 
Local

"Cripes, this place got dead all of a sudden."

* Mark downs his glass and walks over to the stage. *

"Guess it's just you and me, Evangelist. While you're tuning the hell out of those guitar strings, you may want to think of something to play. Oh, and a few extra band members might help..."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2001 12:32 am 
Tourist

*The KarmaEnforcer strolls into the bar, whistling quietly to himself. He wanders over to the barkeep and say*

Gimme a Tequiza.

*He drops a few coins on the counter and wanders back to an empty pool table to start dusting off his skills*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2001 7:10 am 
Local

*The LovelyAngel nurses a ky070 k0l4 as she watches BB&G fill for an evening. ky070 k0l4s have a lot of caffeine, so one is usually her limit for a night. *

*kyhm takes a seat next to the LovelyAngel and begins a nice conversation.*

kyhm: So, how'd you find this place?

Ah, kyhm... one of the advantages of being one of the (chronological) elders *winks* is that I have an extensive network of contacts and informants. There is very little which goes on that I do not hear about quickly and accurately.

*The LovelyAngel waves back at a couple of patrons who have entered the lounge.*

It doesn't hurt to have some good technology on one's side, either.

*The LovelyAngel nods her head in the direction of the large-screen TV, where portions of the mecha fight in Pullman are being replayed. She winces at one of the brutal attacks being shown.*

Couldn't quite see the value of messing up my own mecha, a Sizzler Black, so I didn't participate. *pauses. takes a sip of k0l4.* But it's fun to see Pullman take a bit of damage -- couldn't happen to a more deserving place. *grins*

*Van has made short work of a 9-ball rack and is trying to interest Chris in a game. Chris seems disinterested -- or at least very wary of the pool shark dressed in black. The LovelyAngel leans over to kyhm.* Please excuse me.

*The LovelyAngel walks up to the two and hears Van finishing a proposal.*

Van: ...awww... c'mon, Chris... only 20 bucks a ball... I'll even let you break!

*Van grins -- or is that just the shark baring her teeth?* :wink:

I'll take some of that action, Van, dear!

*The LovelyAngel goes over to the rack of pool cues on the wall. The "Van Special" is gone, of course. There are a few remaining cues which are in reasonable shape. And as might be expected in BB&G, there are a couple of cues with the tips broken off -- and a couple more which are badly warped.*

*The LovelyAngel prefers a fairly heavy cue, and as a high-maintenance gal, she nearly always gets what she wants. After inspecting what is available, the LovelyAngel shrugs -- then in one smooth motion materializes a pool cue from hammerspace. The cue is rosewood and maple with polished inlays of black coral and duritanium polyalloy. At the base of the cue is an inlay of the initials "AKS".*

*Van arches one eyebrow.*

Whaaat? I just happen to like to use my own cue once in a while, and I make sure it's stored in a convenient sector of hammerspace.

*Van mutters something under her breath.*

I believe you said I could break?

*Still muttering something, Van racks the 9 balls into a diamond.*

Van: Go for it!

*The LovelyAngel unleashes a powerful break and manages to pocket the 7-ball. Eying the mess on the table, the LovelyAngel figures the 1-ball to be easy, but the 2-ball will be tough. She takes aim on the 1 and applies considerable reverse english on the cue ball to pocket the 1 and backup the cue ball 3/4 the length of the table. She then does a difficult combination shot, hitting the 2 to pocket the 6-ball. The 2-ball is now positioned for an easy shot into a corner pocket. The LovelyAngel drops the 2 and then shoots at the 3-ball which is at the other end of the table. The 3 snaps into a corner pocket -- but then the cue ball doubles back and drops into a pocket as well. SCRATCH!*

Ooops!

*The shark grin returns to Van's face.*

[OOC]
Hey, KarmaEnforcer, you have to give people time to respond before vacating the pool table -- or any other activity! Some of us have day jobs!

Thanks, kyhm, for fixing my post count!

Ugh... I had been using the "Ocean" palette and reverted to the "Default" palette and noticed you can't read my dialog in color, so I've stripped the color out. I may have to change the way I write dialog...
[/OOC]

----------------
LovelyAngel</font>
<font size=-1>Only dead fish swim with the current.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LovelyAngel on 2001-12-13 13:37 ]</font>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2001 10:58 am 
Tourist

*looks up*

Guitar? This, sir, is a tanpura. It is a carefully crafted Indian string drone instrument, usually used for accompaniment and scale/raga identification purposes. It is a much more subtle and controlled instrument than any <i>guitar</i>, and furthermore it doesn't use the inane, cruddy-sounding Western equal temperament tuning system.

*goes back to work and shakes his head*

Guitar. Really...

(OOC: Anyone who understood anything that I just said gets 10 Obscurity Points)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2001 12:03 pm 
Local

*Sitting near the fireplace, taking in the scene around him Briareos reaches over to his decanter for a second fill only to discover it isn't there!*

What the..?

*Briareos' ears move back showing his annoyance*

SD Bri: Hey! yu looking fer this?

*tosses down the decanter - empty - *

That was 70 year old brandy you idot!

SD Bri: And it was pertty good _Hic_

*SD Bri jumps down from his roost just avoiding Bri's fist. He tumbles along the floor twords the Pool table, bumping into Lovely Angel *

_Hic_ Hey your cute!

Lovely Angel: And your drunk!

*A well placed kick sends the SD avatar flying twords the stage where he lands amidst the microphones. Picking himself up he grabs one, sees that it is on and shouts "Kareoke!"

*singing off key*
are we not the fandom.

(To the tune of "Devo":)

People say
we lose our cool
Behaving like
obnoxious fools!
I think they should
go back to school!

Are we not men? "We are fan-dom!"
Are we not men? "F-A-N-DUM!"

Atrocious dubs
drive us insane!
They make us want
to burst a vein!
We whine and bitch
shout and complain!

We rant at Viz
and Trish Ledoux,
Their Ranma dub,
Ikkoku too!
Don't piss us off!
We'll come for you!

(apologies to the author Tom Ryan)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2001 4:44 pm 
Addict

/Chris gets up leaving his b33r on the bar

*The Barkeep goes to pick it up*

Please leave it, I won't be a moment.

/Chris opens a rift and pulls out a finely crafted cane made of what appears to be some form of dark wood with a black dragon running the length of the cane

NOTE: I have a cane like this in real life.

/Chris then slowly makes his way over to the pool tables

Van, I am sorry I did not take up your bet, however I didn't want to cheat you out of any money.

/Chris lifts the cane and screws off the end (This isn't a hooked cane, it instead has a metal grip at the end) and pull what looks like a thinner cane out of the end

/Chris then takes the metal tip off of the lower end and screws the two pieces together

/Chris then attaches the end to the grip and re-attaches it to his...

Pool cue.

/Chris walks over to the table closest to Van and LovelyAngel (No not the one they are playing on you stupid git) and racks up a nine ball game

/Chris then lines up the cue ball and...

*Crack!!*

*The nine balls go in to one hole in order*

/Van stands there, slack jawed

/Chris walks over to Van

Never underestimate someones pool skills.

*Sinister Grin*

Now.

/Chris waves his hand and his b33r floats to his hand

I'm going to finish my b33r and watch this match.

Pool Shark Hunter,
The Sinister Chris

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2001 5:07 pm 
Local

"Tanpura, guitar.. so I'm not well-versed in East Indian instruments, okay?! Sheesh.."

* Mark leaves Evangelist to fiddle around with his tanpura and returns to his half-finished bottle of rum. Having downed three additional glasses, he proceeds to the nearest vacant pool table, reaches into hammerspace, and.. *

"Pool cue."

* Nothing happens. With more assertiveness this time, *

"Pool cue."

* Again, nothing. *

"Pool cue, god damn it!"

* Nothing. *

"Ugh, never mind."

* Sauntering over to the nearest rack, he grips the plainest cue, no inscriptions, no complex Celtic knots on the handle, no rare esoteric metal alloys gyring down the grip. *

"So, who's up for some friendly, non-betting-man's pool?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2001 5:16 pm 
Local

"Silly rabbit, Trix are for... I mean... Silly man, hammerspace is for women!" :wink:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1694 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 85  Next