ZOMBIE FORUMS

It's a stinking, shambling corpse grotesquely parodying life.
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:13 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1694 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 3:18 am 
Native

A Che poster suddenly detatches from a wall and pastes itself onto Shin's face.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 3:49 am 
Addict

Location: the edge of the world and all of western civilization
With mild annoyance, Shin tugs at the poster that has suddenly become resident to his face. The large piece of paper withers and cracks. Ravaged by ages in the span of mere moments, the poster is turned into the consistency of dust. Shin stands and brushes himself off. The notion of chasing after the undead crosses his mind. After all, zombies aren't exactly renown for being quick on their feet. The thought passes, however, and Shin simply walks to the bar to get another drink.

“Perhaps something a little stronger this time around.”

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 4:03 am 
Addict

Shinimegami wrote:
"How far should I be willing to let this go, hun?"

Band cocks an eyebrow.

"Do you like throwing the same question back to guys?"

M: Of course! It makes you have to take the action.

Band then chuckles as he gazes into Megami's eyes again.

"Alright then..." Band says as he takes one hand to Megami's jaw and side of her face. As he caresses it, he moves in and presses his lips to hers. The electricity that sparks as he kisses her could probably light up Manhatten for days as it became more and more passionate. Whatever resistance Band figured would manifest in fact didn't as she returned it with more voraciousness.

This just got interesting...

Sifu of Corpse Child

Caecus fides est hostilis veritatis

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 5:05 am 
Native

The dust of the destroyed Che poster suddenly lifts itself into the air, forming back into a pristine poster once again, then returns back to it's original position on the wall.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 12:48 pm 
Addict

Cyborg Spools watches enviously as Brieros and his tech go into the men's room for some "tuning up". A personal technician would be really really handy sometimes. Cyborg Spools grabs both sides of its face and wrenches upwards, completely dislocating its skull. It roots around with its grabber claw through the top of its torso for a moment, and tries to reattach the various hydrolic and electric connections manually. Holding its head sideways and facing backwards so as to see what the hell it was doing to itself, it saw over its shoulder Band making out with Megami, and Shinigami jealously making out with a large peice of paper.

Cyborg Spools put its face the other way and tried to finish up blind.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 1:36 pm 
Local

The LovelyAngel serves Spools a cup of Bimbo's Finest Java. Smiling, she says, "Regarding your question as to whether I like machines, I'll have to confess that while I do very well with them professionally, in my personal life I'm a bit more traditional."

Spools drops his head slightly, giving the impression of the cyborg being crestfallen. The LovelyAngel responds quickly, "Oh, hey... it's nothing personal. I like you, Spools! I think you'll have no problem finding someone cute and mechanical to hook up with here. We've got all kinds of folks dropping into BB&G."

"Oh. Uh. OK. No worries," Spools replies. The cyborg now appears focused on trying to get the cup of coffee up to his mouth opening. He seems to be having some sort of mechanical problem, and coffee splashes over the lip of the cup while being elevated. The LovelyAngel wonders how Spools is going to deliver the coffee into the metal headpiece.

"It's a funny thing about machines," the mecha pilot says rather absently. "I have no real mechanical aptitude... it's hard for me to weld a shield plate or fix an arm joint. But for some reason, machines seem to like me and overperform for me. They give me much better attention, service, and care than I deserve."

A sudden jerk of Spools' arm splashes more coffee onto the bar counter. The LovelyAngel does a quick mop up with a bar towel and refills the coffee cup. She's going through the barkeep movements rather automatically as her attention is momentarily focused on activity in the other parts of the establishment. She may have to review the security video logs later on to see what she's missed.

The shadowy man from the dim corner of the room walks over to the bar a little further down from Spools. The LovelyAngel detects the faint aura of a dark power around the mysterious man. One of the highly-efficient Mikuru waitresses has already scampered over to take his order.

In the meantime, Spools is undergoing a complicated, noisy, and rather scary-looking set of self-adjustments. "Er... can I help with anything, Spools?" she asks somewhat timidly. The LovelyAngel is a little bit afraid to offer assistance as she is equally likely to break something as to repair it.

[OOC]It's very hard to keep up with RP during this time of year! I've got a ton of Christmas shopping / wrapping / card writing / mailing / shipping / delivering going on here, not to mention full workdays, people! (^_^)[/OOC]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 4:10 pm 
Expatriate

Megami is somewhat surprised when Band kisses her, but quickly recovers and begins to quite enjoy herself. She pulls back when she feels the passion mounting and giggle.

"Now, now, let me catch my breath," she say with a hand on her chest.

"I'm sorry, I-" Band begins but gets cut off by Megami raising a finger. After a moment she regains her breathing, and her wits and smiles at him.

"Alright, let's try that again."

Megami leans in close to Band and begins a softer, slower kiss, giggling quietly as she nibbles on his lower lip.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 8:41 pm 
Addict

"No no, I got it....Well, if you can hold my head..."
LovelyAngel obliges, gingerly supporting Spools' disembodied head, its augmented spinal column snaking and curling spasmodically. Spools completes forcibly rearranging the couplings and takes back its head, stuffing the spine back in first and wiggling the head on until it rests correctly on the couplings and supports.

"Over perform, hum?"
It swivels its head in a slow figure-eight to test it out, and then cocks its head to look seductive and leans forward.
"Well, I used to take tap lessons when I was very young, but I doubt I could recall any of it." Pleased with its dumb joke the robot tucks in its chin and stifles a lopsided grin.
" I apprrerrr----Appreciate the pep-talk, but I'm not quite in the market. Need a job first. Unskilled factory work has its minus side."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 2:56 am 
Addict

[OOC]
Spools wrote:
...and Shinigami jealously making out with a large peice of paper.

XD NICE[/OOC]
"Much obliged," Shin says, thanking the bartender for his drink.

Drinking down the spirit, Shin's eyes survey the room. The first thing he notices is Megami "socializing" with someone mildly familiar. His gut churns, leaving him to wonder if it was due to disgust or some silly long-disregarded sense of jealousy. Looking a little closer to his immediate vicinity, Shin notices the quick glance of a rather comely member of the fairer sex making conversation with some kind of machine.

"You are the manager of this place, are you not? The one referred to as the LovelyAngel, correct?" inquires Shin, taking the opportunity to exchange pleasantries himself.

The LovelyAngel simply nodded. There was a certain tenseness to her all of a sudden, as if perturbed by Shin’s very presence.

“My apologies. I did not mean to disturb you, madam. I merely wished to introduce myself. I do not believe I've had the honor of speaking with you before.”

Shin thought he saw something that would have been the robotic equivalent of an eye-roll from the machine next to the LovelyAngel.

“Please, allow me to introduce myself,” Shin began, giving a courtly bow.

Last edited by Shinigami on Thu Dec 21, 2006 3:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 2:58 am 
Addict

Band returned the soft tender kiss from Megami. The slight pressure of her biting his lower lip helped to heighten the experience as he focused all his senses on their contact. His hands moved to her back and caressed her as he moved in closer. As she let off the liplock, he then started with small kisses to her chin, then along her flawless jawline until he made for the nape of her neck.

Moving a part of her hair to expose it, he slowly examined every inch of her left neck with his tongue and lips. Making his way for her ear, he decided to return the favor by lightly biting her tender parts of the ear and flicking his tongue for good measure. The quickening of her heartrate as well as the soft moan that escaped her lips told Band that he was hitting the right buttons. While doing this, he whispered to her.

I want you really bad. Right here, right now. I don't even care if the others see, but my loins crave yours. Think you can go THAT far, my sweet Megami?

Sifu of Corpse Child

Caecus fides est hostilis veritatis

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 8:03 am 
YOU SAID YOU LEFT

:killyourself:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 8:20 am 
Local

[OOC there is no "mens'" room there is a single omni-sex bathroom however but for the purposes of the maintainance that needs to be done Yoshi can take care of things over by the fireplace.]

"Whats going on with those two" Yoshi Asked casualy refering to the ever "heated" exchange occurring on the dance floor.

"Yoshi, that should be pretty obvious even to you."

"No Bri, they are becoming more pixelated every minute"

"Oh thats because Hitomi asked me turn on your hentai filters"

"Bri!"

"Sorry kid, but Hitomi gets to Deunan and there is no way I want to sleep on the couch again."

"Tell you what though see that cyborg over at the corner bar I bet Spools is a model you have never seen before, and I will pick up the tab on the parts and maintainance."

Yoshi's eyes become as big as saucers in mechanical excitement of a new machine to play with (err maintain) and he approaches Spools eagerly

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 9:50 am 
Local

The LovelyAngel continues to assess the dark figure on the opposite side of the bar counter from her. She's cautious but as always curious and courteous -- her Three-C's. She smiles.

"I'm pleased to meet your acquaintence -- Shin, is it? I'm sorry if I seem standoffish... I don't have much control over my psychic powers, and sometimes they play tricks on me, making me see things that aren't really there. It takes time for me to sort truth from illusion," The LovelyAngel confesses.

"People here generally call me Lovely or Angel; I answer to almost anything. Technically I'm not a manager here. It's a good thing, too. I'm absent so much, I wouldn't be effective at all. Let's just say that I have a financial stake in this establishment -- and consequently, I do have executive privileges. When I'm here, and things break -- such as the mess in the kitchen a little while ago -- it's in my own best interests to fix stuff."

The LovelyAngel uses the damp bar towel to rather nervously wipe down the counter. "So what brings you here? Are you waiting for someone -- or just getting a drink to relax and watch the antics?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 10:46 am 
Native

A man wearing a hooded robe suddenly bursts through the door. He starts to dash toward the back exit, but is suddenly distracted by half a dozen attacking Che posters. The posters finally return to their original positions on the walls right before two large men in black trenchcoats charge into the room and tackle the robed man to the ground. The two then proceed to wordlessly drag the kicking and screaming man outside. After a few moments, there is a single gunshot, followed by the sound of a large truck speeding away.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 9:19 pm 
Addict

Startled by the ruckus, Cyborg Spools twists around a dn gets stuck again, its chin halfway past its shoulder (if you can have shoulders when your torso is cylindrical). It twitched a the report from the gun, and knocked over the dregs of its coffee all over its christmas cards. It grimaced and smacked its fist on the counter in frustration.

"Hey, would you happen to need a..tech support? At all?" said a voice from the robots blind side, a tremor of exciemtent barely concealed.

After a pause Spools pointed down, and rotated its finger a little bit, in a "spin me around, please" gesture.

The barstool was politely rotated to reveal sheepish young man with watery eyes and engine grease under his fingernails. or, my kind of guy.
Spools glanced over the bar to se LovelyAngel engaged elsewhere.
"Yes I would like tech support how did you know. Ha. Haha." Spools wrinkled its ashen brow skeptically, but its smile had genuine hope.

"I'm not having sex with you though." it added as an afterthought.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 10:58 pm 
Addict

“Why am I here you ask? Oh, I’m just looking for a place to rest my weary feet. I don’t really get out to these kind of social gatherings much, so perhaps I was hoping for a chance to meet new people.”

With little left to add, something of an awkward silence falls over the conversation.

“I must say, if you’re any indication, I’ve come to the right place looking for decent company,” Shin said with a smile, hoping to calm Angel’s apprehension.

“Thanks,” Angel replied with a faint hint of a smile.

The sudden roar of an explosion reverberates within the walls of the establishment, rocking the very foundation of the bar.

“I wonder what that was,” Angel queries, groaning slightly as she notices several drink that have toppled over onto the bar.

“That?” Shin answers with a smile, “oh, just the sound of large truck exploding.”

The LovelyAngel’s countenance denotes a hint of confusion, which she quickly shrugs off.

“You said you were a psychic, right?” Shin continued with the same smile as before, “I must know, what do you see when you look at me?”

[OOC] Hehehe…I’ve really forgot how much fun RPing is. Well, the holidays are a pretty crazy time of the year, so do excuse me please if I my contribution slows a little over the next few days ^^’[/OOC]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 5:35 am 
Local

The LovelyAngel mentally weighs the contradiction of Shin's calm and reassuring conversational style and the signals she receives. Is there danger here? It wouldn't be the first time she's faced someone with extraordinarily superior power and unknown intent. Her intuition, though, says it's OK to be open.

"I have to confess... my psychic abilities are erratic. Coach -- Coach Ota -- says I'm too undisciplined and need to learn to focus on control. I try... and I have moments of success... but nothing consistent or sustainable. It's difficult, particularly since certain Gunbusters -- including my own Sizzler Black -- use a psychic amplifier to increase the effectivity of their weapons systems."

Shin seems to be interested, as he nods and partakes from his drink. The LovelyAngel studies the dark figure before her and continues, "As for you, I see an odd, dark aura that surrounds you -- a bright line closest to you that transitions quickly to a diffuse blackness. The intensity indicates a great power -- much more power than anything I have -- and there's also a feel of something ancient -- maybe timeless. My sense of time is usually very sure, but I can't quite define the time shimmer in your aura.

"A lot of people have no auras or only very faint ones. There's something very unique and intense about you, Shin-san," the LovelyAngel concludes. "Or not. As I've said, my psychic powers get goofy and play tricks on me." She sighs, wishing her talents were more consistent and reliable.

Shin smiles and takes another sip from his drink.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 8:28 pm 
Addict

Angel and Shin share a moment of silence, giving Shin a moment to finish the remainder of his drink. When Shin looks up from his glass, he finds a degree of uncertainness in Angel’s expression. “Was she worrying that she’d offended me,” he wonders.

“You do Coach Ota proud,” Shin says, Angel’s apparent worry disappearing with his words.

“You are too kind, Shin-san,” Angel replies in turn, thanking Shin for his compliment.

“I am very glad I have found someone here whose company I can enjoy. It is somewhat rare for me to partake in such social gatherings. I think I’ve forgotten what a pleasure it is to find someone in which I can have a good conversation with. I’ve just returned from…a hiatus, as it were. It is truly hard to find good company these days.” Shin says, eyes wandering over Angel’s shoulder to view his former flame whom, for whatever reason, has gone quite red in the face. He continues. “It’d be rude of me to not share your openness after you’ve been so very trusting with me. I’ve noticed you carry something of a Japanese dialect...I’m not entirely sure if this will raise more questions than answers…but if you feel so inclined, you may call me Shinigami.”

Shin’s smile widens to a grin.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 10:22 pm 
Local

Upon hearing the name, the LovelyAngel's eyes widen. "oh my," she utters in a tiny voice, hardly audible. "A God of Death. Here? 'Socializing'? Or... or perhaps on business?" A slight shudder ripples through the LovelyAngel's body. Could it be that this person was just given an unfortunate name? Or that he took the name himself to impress others? No... his aura is too real, too powerful. Now the aura makes sense.

The LovelyAngel finds that she has been looking at the counter, her head bowed... afraid to look into Shinigami's face. But then a wave of calmness flows over her, and she brings herself under control. She looks up and sees Shin still smiling. He says in a soothing voice, "Truly I did not mean to alarm you. I really am enjoying your company -- and I am not here on any official behalf, so, please, relax. I thought it best to be open, and as a good judge of character, I knew you would be fine with the knowledge."

The long-haired pilot takes Shin's reassurances to heart, and her reactive stance begins to soften. As she relaxes, the LovelyAngel's natural curiosity begins to take over. Now she <i>does</i> have questions!

"I have heard many tales of shinigami -- some impossible to believe -- some believable but conflicting. It is certain that I do not know a single truth. Is shinigami one -- or many? And I want to know more about your journey, and why you walk among us. Will you share your story?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 5:02 am 
Addict

[OOC]Wow! This turned out rather long >.> Hope no one really minds the length...[/OOC]

“Please my dear, you must slow down,” Shin responds, overwhelmed by the sheer volume of questions in which he’s being bombarded.

“I’m sorry, Shin-san,” the LovelyAngel replies, finding herself somewhat flustered. “It’s just…I’ve never met a death god before!”

“It’s perfectly alright, Angel…or do you prefer Lovely? I must admit, both are quite suiting,” Shin says, hoping to vanquish any of the initial fear that may still be lingering in Angel.

A mild blush rises to the pilot’s cheeks. Hoping that he hadn’t embarrassed his company, Shin begins his tale.

“I am what you might consider the black sheep of an already rather dysfunctional family. I’ve…fallen from grace, as it were. The death gods are supposed to be those who maintain balance in this world; a pedigree for neutrality. There was just one small problem…” the death god says, an echo of nostalgia growing in his voice.

“And what was that?—I mean, if you don’t mind me asking, of course,” Lovely titters.

“I have a conscience,” Shin laughs, brushing a long errant lock of brown hair from his view. “If shinigami are supposed to maintain balance in this world, then how could I be expected to sit idly by as even the most vile of people are allowed to flourish while the downtrodden are left to perish? I hope you don’t mind my saying, but the world in which we both walk is rather corrupt,” Shinigami sighs. “There are certain rules in which a death god must conduct his or herself…many in which I broke. Shinigami may walk this world as they please, but they can leave and return at any time. I’ve lost that privilege…Truth be told, I don’t entirely mind. I’m sorry, it must be such a bore listening to me prattle on like this, my dear.”

“No! Please, go on!”

“If you insist, but I do expect to hear your story once I’m done,” Shin says with a smirk. “…Humans are so ready to dismiss that which conflicts with their every day. A strange occurrence, a freak accident…it’s always the same. Your average individual would surely assume that anyone who claims to be a death god is a complete lunatic, for example,” this invokes another one of Shin’s small laughs. “To be fair, though, this place in itself does attract a rather unique. Dimension hoppers, demons, robots, and mech pilots! Who would have ever thought such an interesting place existed?”

The LovelyAngel smiles, quite literally sitting on the edge of her seat.

“Please, go on! I’m sure I can think of a few more questions,” Lovely’s face immediately begins to show the signs of contemplation before she’s cut short by the death god before her.

“Now, now. A death god must have his secrets,” Shin says, waiving his finger playfully.

All the same, Shin’s mind had grown troubled with many questions of his own. “Have I said too much?” he thought to himself. Of course there were parts of his story in which he had to omit—The voices, for one. Those dull whispers of the dead that kept him up at night…the voices that occasionally would grow into a monstrous roar when he lost control. And battle…He would never admit to his new friend how he loved the feel of it; how the very sight of a truly vile man or demon’s blood dripping from the blade of his scythe was the most satisfying sight he could often imagine—None of these things would be disclosed to the innocent Angel before him.

“Okay, Shin-san…sama…”

“Shin will due just fine, Lovely-chan,” Shinigami winks.

“Oh! Would one last question be alright?”

“I’ve already told her this much,” Shin thought to himself. “It’s quite fine,” he nods.

“You said that shinigami must follow some kind of rules, right? Like what?”

“If I told you that, I’d have to kill you,” Shinigami smiled mischievously.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1694 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85  Next