ZOMBIE FORUMS

It's a stinking, shambling corpse grotesquely parodying life.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:57 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 472 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 24  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 9:17 am 
<font color=darkred><b>Lorem Ipsum

some cool characters so far.

<b>ONLY 3 DAYS TO GO.</B>

I have the first post written up, so everthing's ready to swing.

now - CHARACTER TIME.

<b>name -</b> Madadric

<b>age - </b>looks about 30, is actually about 72, immortal.

<b>Renown - </b> Mad isn't very known at all, although some of his exploits pre-RT1 are. While he was loose, he did do a number of very destructive and violent things, however there was little evidence or survivors to say who or what it was. At most, there are a few urban legends about 'the Red Devil'

<b>appearance - </b>Mad stands about 6 and a half feet tall, has long, flowing red hair hanging half way down his back that always looks messy and wild.He looks to be about 30 years old, with a constant 2 day growth of stubble. his general appearance is untidy, and a feral grin is never far away. His most notable feature are his eyes, yellow pupils with red irises.

<b>origin - </b>Madadric was in the first RT, where he died after a series of destructive battles. He has spent 50 years in a hell dimension, growing stronger and becoming more demonic and forgetting more of his humanity. His return to the RT world signifies great change, much of it brought about by him.

<b>Personality - </b>Mad is very much an Id. He runs purely on emotion and desire, the desire to fight, to strive, and the desire to feed on demonic flesh. He cannot sit still, he needs constant movement and change about him, he barely ever sleeps, and he is quite insane. His motives are as yet unclear, but his actions seem antagonistic to all govornments and societies.

<b>Powers - </b>Bear in mind that Mad is The Big Bad here. I hav made him scary big powers wise so he seems a danger. i have gicen him a big weakness, but that's for you all to figure out by yourselves.

Transformation: Mad can transform into a demonic version of himself, taller, more muscled, tough bone-like armour, bestial style legs, and if he desires, large bat-like wings. this is mostly for show, as he is as strong in his 'human' form as he is in this form. He can also mimic the appearence of a person if he has drunk a litre of their blood.

Teleportation: just a note, i want teleportation to be a rare, and very limited skill. certainly no more powerful than Mad's version. Mad can teleport about 900 kilometers, and must use shadows as portals. and shadow that covers enough area that he can stand on it or walk into it is enough. Mad can only use this teleport to go to areas he has already been in the vicinity of, so he will have to travel via more mundane means for a while.

Strength: Mad is very strong, strong enough to smash through a concrete wall, crush a skull, throw a tank, basic super strength.

Speed: Mad is fast, not as fast as a bullet, but faster than most people pulling the trigger.

Very Minor Hypnosis: If a victim looks Mad in the eye, he can quickly hypnotize them for a few seconds, enough time for him to leap at them and tear their head off. This skill will have no effect on Telepaths.

Toughness: super tough. can take bullets in the chest and keep laughing, can crawl out from buildings dropped on him. tenacious does not begin to describe him.

Regeneration: Can regenerate almost any damage. The extent of this ability is not known, by Mad or anyone else. Parts that regenerate come back stronger and tougher, and mad's humanity is again reduced.

Conversion: There are some mortal humans that mad can sense a familiarity with. The compatibility seems completely random, and only mad can tell if a person fits this catagory. This compatability means that mad can use a little of his demonic energy to make that human a demon like him, but mortal. This means powers for mundane humans, and new, different powers on top of the old for Parahumans. It usually takes madadric about 1/2 a day to 2 days to convert someone, and he can't much concentrate on anything else for that time, although he can come back and finish the job later.

All conversion subjects are driven insane, but don't necisarily join Mad in his exploits.

<b>Weaknesses - </b> Mad is tough, and can take a pummelling and keep on kicking, but he does have one large weakness, which will not be revealed yet.

It is still possible to slow him down with enough physical damage, and most psychic/mental attacks will give him pause once, before he adapts to the attack.

(edit) Hunger. Like all of his kind, Mad suffers from The Hunger, the need to eat immortal flesh. In the continuum they are in, this is found in their own kind, the demons, and their cannibalistic eating habits result in the increase and evolution of their powers - at the cost of their ever dwindling humanity, and eventually, sentience. Mad is not considered one of the oldest, but he is older than many, and he has begun to have 'lapses' into full full, non-sentient demonic rage.

name - Hurin Tharaka

age - 17

Renown - None in the RT continuum. no-one even knows what he is, although any that see his unique physical attributes will assume him a para.

appearance - Hurin is one of the Chantha from Mad's Hell Dimension. The chantha have caramel-colored skin, small, pointed cone-like ears, and sinuous long furry tails, like a cat's. The Chantha are a firce warrior race that lives in tribes, and Hurin is a well-built warrior, wiry and strong, with no fat. man scars criss-cross his torso and arms.

origin - Hurin is a young warrior who used to belong to one of the clans, but was ostricized when he fell in love with one of the newly arrived humans before she became a demon. The woman was later killed by hunters from another Chantha tribe, and Hurin killed many of them in a fit of revenge. He would have died, however, if madadric had not been attracted by the sound of battle and slaughtered the hunters en masse.

personality - Hurin now travels with Madadric, believing in him is the answer for the Chantha and the demonic humans to live together. Hurin does not speak any other language than chantha, a language i have written somewhere for anyone who wishes to play him. mad, and maybe Rand are the only two who are likely to understand Hurin's language, although hurin does understand a little of the english language, and is learning more all the time.

Arriving in the RT universe is a shock for Hurni, but he quickly adapts, and still remains madadric's loyal follower.

Powers - Hurin is a warrior born and bred, but he is still just a mortal, and from a low-tech world of swords, spears, and bows. his preffered weapon is the halberd, but he can use most melle weapons and bows with high skill. He is also a fast learner, and would quicklt master the concept of guns. however, he would need proper training to be any good at shooting with any accuracy or maintianing the weapon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 9:29 am 
Addict

I can Hardly Wait.

Oh I also claim a character space, but it will not be used till a few posts into the RP... I want this one to come as a suprise...

(Mad if you want to know it's your right, just PM me.)

- Stephen Crane

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:46 am 
Addict

(Ez made me do it)

<b>name -</b> (because I cant be assed to think of a better one..) Tatsu

<b>age - </b> 20.

<b>appearance - </b> Tatsu stands quite tall, at 6'5", he has shoulder length, sandy blonde hair that never seems to sit still, no matter what sitiuation he is in. He looks quite a but younger than he really is, despite his height, he has little to no facial hair. Wearing fairly common clothes most of the time, Tatsu is near impossible to pick out of a crowd, as he seems to be very.. average.

<b>renown - </b> Even within his hometown, Tatsu is still barely known, as he keeps to himself, and rarely talks to strangers.

<b>origin - </b> Tatsu grew up in a the suburbs of Adelaide, in south australia. He lived a fairly quiet youth, living with his grandparents for most of his life, as his parents died when he was very young, in an unexplained house fire.

<b>Personality -</b> Due to growing up in such a manner, he is very reticent, and will rarely talk to anyone that he does not already know, or is not an acquaintance of someone that he does know. This personality trait is also related strongly to his powers (or weaknesses, depending on your point of view), and also explains why he has no idea of them as per the start of the RT2 storyline.

<b>Powers -</b> Empathy.
Tatsu has the ability to "feel" the pain of others around him, wether he likes it or not. A person who is injured in any way, from a bruised arm, to being brutally murdered, near him, will cause him to feel a small part of the pain that they are feeling. The more he knows the person, the more he will feel the pain.

This ability can be used in several ways, the main of which is helping alleviate the pain of others. By "feeling" someone's pain, he reduces what they are feeling, helping them to recover, and carry on.

However, this can be reversed, as, if he is injured, he can make someone else "feel" his pain, sometimes to the extent of causing that injury to appear on that person, depending on how well he can concentrate, and how well he knows that person.

(Keep in mind, he has no idea of his abilities at all, at the start of the story line, and will have no idea how to use them when they appear.
The may grow, or may not even reach this point, as the story goes on..)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 12:36 pm 
Native

Name - Alia Derman

Age - 23

Appearance - Just-past-shoulder-length deep red hair, deep blue eyes that do not track motion. About 5'6", medium build. She's not slim, but she's not overweight. Wears a dark-brown/black cloak almost everywhere, hooded. Underneath, she prefers to wear form-fitting, but casual, clothes. T-shirts and slacks that aren't baggy nor tight. Her preferred shirt colors are red, dark green, and, of course, black. When she's not wearing her cloak, she has sunglasses on, no matter the time of day.

Renown - If she doesn't want you to know about her, you don't.

Origin - At the age of eight, just after the events of RT1, Alia suffered a nasty fall down a flight of stairs and lost her sight. Or, at least, that's how it seemed to anyone who knew her both before and after. The fall happened, but her powers started manifesting themselves as well. Alia remembers none of this.

At the age of twelve, a clandestine organization found out about Alia's powers and, through careful maneuvering with her parents, obtained her. She had most of her memory erased at this point by a para who was quite proficient at it. They proceeded to train her in the art of stealth and assassination. Her preferred weapon turned out to be dual short swords, but if she has to draw the second, she's done something wrong. Or she's up against someone who needs both. After each mission, she had her short-term memory erased by the same para. Alia remembers none of this.

At the age of eighteen, one of Alia's missions triggered a relapsed memory. Or perhaps it just hit home too much. Alia proceeded to decimate the organization from the inside. The memory-erasing para got away, but he was the only one. In a last act of duty for the organization, he erased Alia's memory of the event. Quite obviously, Alia remembers none of this.

Powers - Alia has control of sight. Her own, and others. When her power first started manifesting, she could see 360 degrees clearly for about 3 feet, then it got fuzzy. At this point, Alia can see in all directions for as far as a normal person can see in one. Alia can also see into objects, but it's limited by how dense the object is, and how far it is from her. She could see into a drawer if she put her head next to it. This power will also grow with time and practice.

Alia can also control others' vision. This acts as a sort of SEP field. The illusion can be seen through if the person concentrates well enough. When she was brought into the agency, she could conceal weapons if necessary, but that's about it. Now, she can go completely unseen if she wishes.

Weaknesses - Alia is still a normal human. She's an adept fighter, and stronger than average due to her training, but she bleeds, she dies. Also, when she chooses to be seen, which is most of the time, she looks for all intents and purposes like she's blind, and must act that way so as not to arouse suspicion. Buying clothing is a chore, because she can see what clothes the clerk is trying to tell her would look good, wants to disagree, but can't.

Personality - What Alia remembers is that, 5 years ago, she woke up in a bed with no idea how she got there. She had ID on her, so she knew her name, but that's about it. She's interested in finding out about her past, but a bit hesitant as she has a feeling that there's a reason she doesn't remember. She knows about her abilities, both Para and Normal, but she tries to hide them because she is worried about fitting in. She goes to college, and is trying to lead a normal life, but a shadow hangs over everything she does.

Last edited by Jasper on Fri Aug 27, 2004 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: CHARACTER BIO SHEET
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 1:03 pm 
Addict

<b>name -</b>Indigo

<b>age - </b>21

<b>appearance - </b>Shoulder length brown hair and brown eyes. Average height, 5'7" usually dressed in baggy street clothes and backpack.

<b>renown - </b>None to small. Is a semi-proffesional skater so any renown will be from cult followers.

<b>origin - </b>England, South coast.

<b>Personality -</b>Generally Calm and well mannered but quick to anger. Very open to new people, often too trusting.

<b>Powers -</b>Gravija/Gravity manipulation: The ability to manipulate the latent gravitational forces given off from objects, enabling him to levitate objects around him within his sphere of influence. The power is purely limited to the energy of himself, when manipulating his own field, there is no real loss but other objects drain in elation to their weight and proximity, the heavier and farther away, the more strenious, i.e a small car at 20-25 feet would cause a serious strain on him and would soon either drop it or pass out. Replenishing energy consists of eating food.

There, done.

I hate doing these.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 1:12 pm 
Addict

Tatsu wrote:
(Ez made me do it)

<b>name -</b> (because I cant be assed to think of a better one..) Tatsu

<b>age - </b> 20.

<b>origin - </b> Tatsu grew up in a the suburbs of Adelaide, in south australia. He lived a fairly quiet youth, living with his grandparents for most of his life, as his parents died when he was very young, in an unexplained house fire.

<b>Personality -</b> Due to growing up in such a manner, he is very reticent, and will rarely talk to anyone that he does not already know, or is not an acquaintance of someone that he does know. This personality trait is also related strongly to his powers (or weaknesses, depending on your point of view), and also explains why he has no idea of them as per the start of the RT2 storyline.

<b>Powers -</b> Empathy.
Tatsu has the ability to "feel" the pain of others around him, wether he likes it or not. A person who is injured in any way, from a bruised arm, to being brutally murdered, near him, will cause him to feel a small part of the pain that they are feeling. The more he knows the person, the more he will feel the pain.

This ability can be used in several ways, the main of which is helping alleviate the pain of others. By "feeling" someone's pain, he reduces what they are feeling, helping them to recover, and carry on.

However, this can be reversed, as, if he is injured, he can make someone else "feel" his pain, sometimes to the extent of causing that injury to appear on that person, depending on how well he can concentrate, and how well he knows that person.

(Keep in mind, he has no idea of his abilities at all, at the start of the story line, and will have no idea how to use them when they appear.
The may grow, or may not even reach this point, as the story goes on..)

Right... make sure you stay in Australia, and i'll stay in North America, wouldn't want us meeting up too early. Should be neat when we do.

(Do you're powers mirror mine intentionally? Coincidentally? Did you not even realize it? Did I describe mine so poorly that you didn't understand them? If any one is confused about my powers, look here. Very similar.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 1:20 pm 
Addict

Need to know who's also in England. Have to colaberate to introduce each other to ect. and find some place where we all belong (as one big happy family).

Anyways, since Clay has not signed up and Cl0ud, I assume, left a while ago - my plans are shot to shit.

I'll be on #en at 4:30pm and 7:00pm on most days. Please contact me.

<a href=http://uk2.multimap.com/map/browse.cgi?client=public&X=500000.721495631&Y=0.207270120008616&width=500&height=300&gride=349845.721495631&gridn=138939.20727012&srec=0&coordsys=gb&db=freegaz&addr1=&addr2=&addr3=&pc=&advanced=&local=&localinfosel=&kw=&inmap=&table=&ovtype=&zm=1&scale=4000000></img>this</a> is where my character is located.

Last edited by Kali_Ava on Thu Aug 26, 2004 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 1:25 pm 
Addict

Personally I like Purchase. That's a cool character.

Onion: That's because you're a shifty motherfucker.

UWC: <.<

>.>

<.<

Onion: Fucking precisely you dirty thieving gypsy fuck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 1:27 pm 
Addict

who's your little image linking snookums (BARBAR!)

Yumiko Maisa - some of you may remember that massive thread that was her profile. Well, she's been redesigned. I'll have a new bio up and running sometime before the thread starts - no guarantee when, though, as I'm going to be incommunicado till Monday.

Post subject: Re: CHARACTER BIOS SHEET
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 8:06 pm 
Addict

Skjie wrote:
Deaf, Skjie's power has manifested in limited telepathy.

madadric wrote:
Very Minor Hypnosis: If a victim looks Mad in the eye, he can quickly hypnotize them for a few seconds, enough time for him to leap at them and tear their head off. This skill will have no effect on Telepaths.

k.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 6:49 am 
Local

Dude, fawkboom. My brain is exploding. I may be getting people from around here to sig up for the forums and come post profiles and play.

Meaning I will have real life people to talk about Road Trip 2 with.

MEANING MY BRAIN WILL EXPLODE FROM (semi-)GREATNESS.

Thatisall. [/ postwhore]

<b>EDIT</b>
And goddamnit Ghost, post the link to the picture. >___>; It's fucking up the screen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 8:27 am 
Addict

Is it the 30th yet?

/me basks

<a href="http://darksetyuna.modblog.com">Who says computer doesn't taste like meat!?!</a>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 8:38 am 
Addict

2 days it seems... and my first post is finished.

Also, I wouldn't mind the picci if it was 600px That wouldn't frick up the screen.

EDIT: Fixed it for me

- Stephen Crane

Last edited by Chaos on Fri Aug 27, 2004 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 11:17 am 
Local

I'll start writing up my first post tommorrow. If people around here get in on this, I'd like to see if we'll base our characters out of the same location or whether I'll have to write generic teachers/guards/authority figures/other students.

Post subject: My obligations now, thanks Skjie
PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 3:04 pm 
Addict

Skjie wrote:
Skjie wrote:
Deaf, Skjie's power has manifested in limited telepathy.

madadric wrote:

k.

Kali_Ava wrote:
<b>Side Effects of chip 4695: </b>
- Telekinisis

madadric wrote:

Kay?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 5:21 pm 
Native

madadric wrote:

Kazebari wrote:
Jacob is pretty average in all other regards.

I'm so dead.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 5:25 pm 
Local

Kazebari wrote:
madadric wrote:

Kazebari wrote:
Jacob is pretty average in all other regards.

I'm so dead.

You know, kiddos, you don't have to worry about mad, Rand, or Ez until they're summoned. More pressing will probably be things like government surveillance, zealouts (religious, socialistic, GODLESS COMMIE TRAITORS, et cetera), and dealing with the Forest.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 5:42 pm 
Spawn of Kyhm and D

Eryn wrote:
You know, kiddos, you don't have to worry about mad, Rand, or Ez until they're summoned. More pressing will probably be things like government surveillance, zealouts (religious, socialistic, GODLESS COMMIE TRAITORS, et cetera), and dealing with the Forest.

Plus, you'd have to be in the same general vicinity as them. And have to have provoked a reaction somehow to result in head-removal.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 6:18 pm 
Addict

I'm worried about pissing Rand off, myself.

Who's/what's summoning the Big Baddies?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 6:43 pm 
Local

Kali_Ava wrote:
Who's/what's summoning the Big Baddies?

Sore wa... himitsu desu!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 472 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 24  Next