ZOMBIE FORUMS

It's a stinking, shambling corpse grotesquely parodying life.
It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:33 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 472 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 24  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 9:47 am 
Addict

As This is basically from the character's birth onward. There will be no profile for the character that Adrian is playing.

- Stephen Crane

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 10:38 am 
Addict

IcyMonkey wrote:
Second post. I'll post a character profile after more details have been revealed about my character in the story thread itself. Any comments on my first two posts?

I can dig it.

"Oh, look who it is / It's my supportive wife/ And she thinks she's going to squeal/ Hey where do you think you're going?/ Don't you walk away from me/ You put down that telephone /You're not calling anyone"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 1:01 pm 
Addict

Ah done. Was a bit emotional lately... hard to write like that. I'm really trying to focus in on Natara's inability to take normal life in. Her thought disorder is not extreme, but it's enough to limit her skills when navigating around areas.

Uhm. Natara's looking for a place to ground, so she'll probably take a little trip to the astral and have a conversation with one of her guides - Clay. And so there's a chance to bring him in.

And Indy, do whatever you want to do next. I've taken your main captor out, because he was all evil and just going to get in my way. So I hope that's okay. Feel free to get in the car and tell my character where we should be heading. She has no fucking clue what she's just gotten into, and already killing someone is going to have thrown her off. And she's eager to heal (has a lot of shit) - so if you find a place to rest, she has stuff to give your character.

>.>

That's about it. If anybody needs me to fix anything, just let me know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 2:20 pm 
Addict

Yup, no worries, I'll post during the weekend.

Few things, I've been shot in the eye, just incase it wasn't obvious, probably not, but I have and I want an eye patch for extra kewl points and a few giggles.

Car. No, you do not want a KA, even more so, they do make smaller cars than that (Smart/swatch cars, look them up if you gas guzzling fools want a real laugh). We'll keep it anonymous atm.

Aaaand that's it, post on Sat.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 3:02 pm 
Local

And I have made my first post.

:/ I had less Gifties join than I thought, but they still have a while before they really shouldn't join. So I'll keep bugging them. But yeah, the "Shadow" and "that girl" refer to Megami's character, Koi, so I'll let her take it for a bit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 3:36 pm 

So I'm late. Sod off.

Name: Lindsay

Sex: Female (primarily)

Appearance: In her original form, Lindsay is 5'11. She has shoulder-length black hair and brown eyes. Her features are slightly Asian, as her mother's mother was Japanese. Lindsay is extremely fit from several years of sports and martial arts. Her style of dress varies greatly with her form.

Origin: Lindsay's father, a notorious drug smuggler, was killed during the cataclysm fifteen years ago. Her mother assumed control over her father's enterprises and prospered. The two of them lived very nicely, with Lindsay attending prestigious private schools her entire life. Understanding the danger her daughter was in simply because of whose daughter she was, Lindsay's mother had her trained in martial arts and the use of firearms. Lindsay's early childhood was very happy; she never had to worry about a thing, her mother was always there for her, and life was good. As she grew older, though, she began to see how her mother was manipulative and began to mistrust her. Around this time, Lindsay's powers manifested themselves for the first time. Knowing that her mother would exploit her, Lindsay hid this from her mother and practiced her talent during the increasing lengths of time that her mother was away on "business."

When she was 16, the life she had known ended violently. Their estate was attacked by her mother's rivals, and in the ensuing battle, her mother was killed. Lindsay escaped in the chaos immediately afterwards through use of her powers, and she made her way to the Main. Since she was essentially trained to fill her mother's shoes someday, Lindsay decided to work for the various criminal enterprises in town, using her powers to adjust her form to allow her to work for many sides at once.

Personality: Surprisingly enough, Lindsay feels no great sorrow for the loss of her mother. She knew what her mother was doing, and she knew that death was all but inevitable. At this point in her life, Lindsay is relatively cold and unfeeling to most. She doesn't know what she wants to do with her life, other than to survive regardless of what happens. However, she is desperately searching for some kind of companionship, as she feels totally alone in the Main.

Powers: Lindsay is a shapeshifter. She can assume any human form between 5' and 6'8 and between the weights of 100 and 250 pounds--when she shapeshifts, her mass changes as well. She can adjust minor things about her appearance, such as eye color, with only a bit of effort. More major adjustments, like muscle mass and skin color, require significantly more concentration and will leave her drained for a short period of time. Total transformations will cause her to pass out for at least an hour, depending on how much she changed her skeletal structure (so basically how much her height changed).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 3:37 pm 
Addict

name -
Louis Le Marteau
age -

appearance -
Tall, muscled, blond, slightly greying hair, brown eyes. Always dressed impeccably. OFten carries a sword with him in a large case.

renown -
Known mainly as the owner of some companies all over the world, with some fame for those companies efforts to be a worker-friendly as possible while not making losses. Lesser known is that he is a card carrying member of the Parti Communiste Français, though for obvious reasons, not the most beloved member.

origin -
Louis grew up as a nobleman of the Le Marteau family, one of the few French surviving noble lines. The family ha shad quite a few financial geniuses in its line, and is a moderately powerful economical entity. Louis' grandfather at his father'sside owned all the fortune.

Louis' parents liked Belgium and lived there, sending their son to an elite school. Louis didn't liek the big house though, and his permisivve parents let him walk around the city with people watching. There the young Louis met Rand at a tender age, and the two became friends. When Louis parents died in a car acident when Louis was 12, Louis was first intended to be sent to a boarding school, but on urging of Rand, louis and Rand's parents an arrangement was made and Louis lived with the Altoors.

When he was 15, Louis was called to Lyon where his grandfather was dying. To everyone's surprise Louis was made to inherit the entire fortune and the De Marteau title, if he swore to keep the fortune intact. Not willing to decline a challenge, De Marteau accepted. When he came back though, his friend Rand had vanished, only to emerge in the news soon after.

Now, years later, Louis is still searching for Rand or what happened to him..

Personality -
Calm, collected with a hint of melancholy, Louis carries himself with a serene dignity. He struggles to combine the honour of his family, the principles of his convictions, the duties of his fortune and the search for the fate of his friend. He is a man of honour and will not backstab, lie or be discorteous to a lady. Any insults to his name will be taken seriously though, even if Louis is not a violent man.

Powers - Louis is not a para. He DOES however has a magical sword that has been in the Le Marteau family for years. It can cut through concrete and small layers of steel, and also seems to protect him from some physical ham, as if he wore a magical platearmour. Louis' stamina is hu,an though, and to his regret, he won't be able to go toe to toe with some of the powerful paras.

Anothe rproblem is the sword itself. Which alks. In French only, eventhough it know sEnglish. The sword is quite rude.

Wait, this isn't chewing gum!

Last edited by Rand Al'Tor on Fri Sep 03, 2004 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 4:27 pm 
Addict

Indigo wrote:
Few things, I've been shot in the eye, just incase it wasn't obvious, probably not, but I have and I want an eye patch for extra kewl points and a few giggles.

Car. No, you do not want a KA, even more so, they do make smaller cars than that (Smart/swatch cars, look them up if you gas guzzling fools want a real laugh). We'll keep it anonymous atm.

Aaaand that's it, post on Sat.

Thanks. Hehe... keeping a car anonymous has it's benefits. My character just committed manslaughter, and no NPCs have the ability to describe my vehicle. Though I'm stopped, so it's easy enough to get the license plate number. In all the surrounding chaos. >.>

I'll probably note that down here just for later use. Once I summon Clay, it shouldn't make a difference. But that may just be one of the pushing factors to summon him. And then... a lot of other characters here have different political/paranormal connections. I'm just going to leave the crime as something open-ended for now. Okie?

Oh, and I did get that your character was shot in the eye. Just wasn't absolutely postive about it. My character has something for your character, once you get the patch.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 6:51 pm 
Local

Fizzx eats my soul. (Translation: I have Physics homework. It annoys me. Please make it go away.)

I'll post a mini-profile for Angel, possibly for one or two others that might appear in Leia's head. Just... not now. Fuck. No time no time no time.

*bangs head on desk*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 8:34 pm 
Addict

Rand Al'Tor wrote:
Anothe problem is the sword itself. Which talks. In French only, eventhough it knows English. The sword is quite rude.

<3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 9:09 pm 
Addict

OK, a bit about Clay:

Height: 6'2"
Weight: 220 lbs
Age: Dates to the Caucasus region some generations prior to the birth of Hammurabi.
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Ice blue

Clay Allison is a Specter. He died sometime in the 2000s BC. He was resurrected by the action of the Elder God Ur. Sent at the behest of gods, he was an unstoppable Avatar of the Elder Gods. He toppled empires long forgotten with his brothers at the whim of the gods of the ancient world.

The Avatars fought in the wars of the gods, until the Elder Gods left the plane of earth.

Without their former masters, the earth bodies of the mighty avatars died, and they were cast into purgatory.

All had paid the terrible price of their power. Half of their souls. Almost beings, almost things.

Denied entrance into the afterlife, or the power to follow their former masters, the Avatars became Specters, Half-Souls, Dead, Buried, trapped forever in Purgatory.

In the centuries that followed, humans learned the power of magic and summoned these once godlike beings, with a mere shadow of their former might to serve as weapons once more. Shamed though they were, they served to become one with their summoners, to feel complete, if only for a short time.

In time, despair took them, one by one, and they flung themselves into the eternal storm to rage forever in its depths, all that once made them individuals disolved to nothing.

There are nearly extinct. Clay despairs fr his bretheren. But he will not destroy himself, and he will not accept that he is the last. He was the second of his bretheren, he would have felt the loss of the first.

He knows if he can be summoned, if he can return from the world of the dead, perhaps someday he can find salvation.

Now the die must fall,
There ain't a winner in this game
Who don't go home with all, Not with all...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 9:23 pm 
Addict

<b>name</b>: Yumiko Maisa

<b>age</b>: 18

<b>appearance</b>: Short, lean, and athletic, Yumiko has a runner's body - she's just too short at 5'4" to capitalize on it well. Her hair is dyed dirty blonde/golden brown, and the eyes that peer out from under those bangs are a deep, dark blue.

<b>renown</b>: None. Well known for her mostly spotless track record as far as bodyguard assignments go; unless one lives under a rock, they at least know her from the local Fight Club chapter.

<b>origin</b>: Short version: Born in Japan to a loving family, killed her mother (accident) and father (self-defense) when powers activated, fled to Australia and hid in Para Forest there, watched best friends die in an attempt to escape Para Forest, eluded military and hitchiked to America. Ended up in Hemmington. Anything else will come out as we go.

<b>Personality</b>: On the job: tense, curt, and focused; elsewhere: aloof, relaxed, occasional spurts of animated conversation where she never shuts up. Often seems distracted, but never actually is. As one may have gathered, she's smart, but a lot of it is situational intellect (street smarts, for lack of a better term) rather than books, thanks to her intermittent at best education.

<b>Powers</b>: Been through this with Ezzeh's character: Three-Stage Alter: Hot Knife - throwing knives with the ability to explode on contact.

Stage 1: Simple throwing knives, just happen to explode on contact. No outward physical change.

Stage 2: Right arm encased in gold/silver metallic armor; Hot Knives sprout naturally from the "skin." Limited control over when/where the knives explode. Knives can be fired or thrown naturally.

Stage 3: Total body encased in armor. Knives sprout from both arms and back. Spinal knives must be launched, arm knives same as Stage 2. Complete control over explosive variance in knives; limited directional control (minor telekinesis) over launched/fired knives. Same caveat as Kenko: nigh-impossible to be reached, higly unlikely it will even be hinted at or conceived of until very late in the RP.

<b>central location</b>: Hemmington, America.
---

<b>name</b>: Ghost

<b>age</b>: Unknown, possibly late 30s.

<b>appearance</b>: Black full-length cloak with a large hood covering his face. Nobody's seen anything else. When they've seen him at all.

<b>renown</b>: Totally unknown, except to members of our fine intelligence agencies. When you're a pain in the ass, everybody hears about it.

<b>origin</b>: Unknown. Even he doesn't remember. Freedom fighter/terrorist for various causes.

<b>Personality</b>: Unknown. Presumably an insufferably arrogant prick.

<b>Powers</b>: Accelerated speed, heigthened espionage skills. Think Flash crossed with Batman.

<b>central location</b>: Currently somewhere in the Northwestern Hemisphere.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 12:38 am 
Local

Name: Chris
Sex: male
Eyes: green/brown

Apperance: Chris is very thin, but has a fair amount of muscle on him. His head is shaved, and has a strange glitter to it, upon closed inspection it is covered with thousands of small metal beads that seem part of his skull. He is about 5' 6" tall, and usually dresses in black combat boots, black cargo pants and a black Tshirt. On colder days or when carrying larger weapons he cannot conceal normally he wears a black trenchcoat.

renown: He has no recognition except by the forest, and it has a very negative view of him. The military knows about his compound, but not him.

gin:It is not known for sure, but suspected he escaped some important government program as well as stealing a bunch of it's equipment.

Personality: He seems friendly to those he can trust, and harsh towards those he cannot. Often he takes a long time to really become friends with someone, and usually treats everyone as an aquintance. I'll develope it much more during the RP.

Powers:

Chris can see slightly into the future. This manifests usually as the ability to react to something before it actually happens, which is a very useful ability in these times.
Drugs and other mind altering things enhance his powers. Usually, they don't effect him normally, so he can't get drunk on alcohol or high on other drugs, they will only enhance his powers. This applies to all powers, not just this one. Cigarrettes and booze bring his reaction time to a second or two before something happens.
LSD, ecstacy, and such bring him into a apparently pshcotic state, this is because he begins to see the future (mostly possible futures) but they are blended into reality. This creates a huge amount of disorientation, and it appears he is crazy to anyone watching that cannot sense his powers.
Meth or cocaine however, sends him completely into the visions, he appears in a coma while under the effects of these drugs. The visions last for several seconds (cocaine sniffing) to many minutes (meth puffing), after which he enters a real coma for many hours, usually 5 to 10. After this he will sleep for another 10 or so hours, trying to make sense of the visions he had (he feels no time throught the coma and sleep, to him he wakes nearly immediatly from the visions).

He has minor telepathy, usually only able to read basic thoughts and emotions, and can easily judge wether he can trust someone or not. He can actually send telepathic messages short distances when having a cigarrette or after soom booze. This telepathy becomes much more powerful when having visions, but he also finds it impossible to control.

He seems to be very lucky, and often lucks out of things that could case him harm. This doesn't appear to get more powerful like the other powers.

Non-para abilities: Chris is extremely agile, skilled in many marital arts, however he prefers to use two energy pistols while fighting than swords. He mends the two abilities (shooting and martial arts) together into a unique and extremely deadly form of fighting. He is capacble of Matrix like stunts, except for those like jumping 40 feet high and such. He can do back flips over people's heads and moves faster than almost anyone else. All this is the result of constant training and practice against the forest creatures.

Location: He has a "house" in tennessee, on the very edge of the forest, although a small military base would be a better description. He has some sort of field which seems to keep the forest at bay, encircling the shimmering 3 kilometer dome nearly completely, but never poking anything inside. Automated guns keep anything that enters from approaching within 500 meters of the nearest building. There is a hangar, an airstrip and a somewhat mansion like dwelling, as well as several smally buildings scattered about.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 9:10 am 
Addict

Hey Mad, where is Hemmington, exactly? Costal or inland, Closer to LA or San Fran? Don't suppose it coincides with an actual town i could look at on mapquest or something? Looks almost like it's between Barstow and LA to me, but i can't tell.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 12:35 pm 
Addict

Yet another late entry, but it's taken me a while to figure this out. I decided a while back that I would get in on this, initially by using a varient on my Skinner chara, but over the summer that idea has lost its apeal. So I'll be jumping in a bit late(god I can't wait to get home to my own comp) and I'll be using a diferent character.

In the first Road Trip, Antenor ran a Space Marine character. Since he's not in RT2(as far as I know, I'm not totally up-to-date here) I will be running a space marine. It took me a while to decide just wich character to use(I have a crapload of characters in my stories). While it would be tempting to use one of my primary badasses, they would be a little too powerful. So instead, I'll be employing and developing one of my second-line commanders, powerful but not extreemly so, and with little background already. And so I present:

Captian Ben Corley, commander 5th company, Foeman's Dirge.
Age: 73 Terran Years(apears to be in his late 20s or early 30s.)
Homeworld: Kalin 4
Physical Description: 6' 11", atheletic build, short cropped black hair. Grey eyes. Tattoo of a Lion Rampant on his left shoulder.

Abilities: As a Space Marine, Corley is tough and strong. Though build like a runner or swimmer in terms of musclemass, his strength is roughly equivalent to that of a pro-bodybuilder(Mr. Universe level) He has a high pain threshold, a skeletal structure that provides, essentially, a second layer of armor for his vital organs, and several specialized organs that speed his body's ability to heal in various ways. In addition, he has speed and endurance far greater than an average human. His reflexes are catlike, he can run like a pro-sprinter, and he is practically tireless.

Renown: In his own time, he is well known and respected. On earth, he is unknown.(most of my first post will be how he gets to our world)

Equipment: Space Marine Bike, Artificer Armor, Power Sword, Bolt Pistol. Some misc gear for repair work and packed rations on bike.

History: Corley joined the Foeman's Dirge young, quickly distinguishing himself as having excelent martial prowess and a quick intelegence. Both were activley cultivated by the chapter's leadership, and he quickly developed a strong tactical sence. His ability to grasp the bigger picture led to a post in the Recon Division. He continued to excel, and rose through the ranks. He is now the second-youngest Captain in the Chapter's history.

Gear descriptions: the bike is a powerful, armored motorcycle. It has a pair of Bolters in fixed foreward mounts. Its powerplant is an internal combustion engine identical in all practical terms to that of a high-end modern motorcycle.

Artificer armor is the second toughest armor in the human galaxy, capable of stoping anything up to a plasma blast almost every time. Its internal construction includes a self-contained life support rig that, with the helmet sealed, is capable of protecting the wearer from the vaccume of space.

Power Sword: A 2' 6", single edged blade. The steel it is made from is better than modern surgical steel and the cutting edge(sharpened to a monomolecular edge) is aided by a powerfield that literally disintigrates what it touches, allowing the blade to go through almost any form of physical armor.

Bolt Pistol: .75 calibre, semi-automatic pistol. Good stopping power and penetration. 20 rounds per clip.

Last edited by Chaz on Fri Sep 03, 2004 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 3:15 pm 
<font color=darkred><b>Lorem Ipsum

Emy wrote:
Hey Mad, where is Hemmington, exactly? Costal or inland, Closer to LA or San Fran? Don't suppose it coincides with an actual town i could look at on mapquest or something? Looks almost like it's between Barstow and LA to me, but i can't tell.

my knowledge of american geography is limited. i'll leave it up to your best guess.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 3:19 pm 
Addict

LA is dirty and full of crime. I would just say, pretend Hemmington is LA and there would be hardly any difference.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 3:48 pm 
Native

Kali_Ava wrote:
LA is dirty and full of crime. I would just say, pretend Hemmington is LA and there would be hardly any difference.

Yeah but it doesn't have Vincent. So LA wins.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 4:12 pm 
Native

Thought I'd toss in another Character, since I had an idea for him in mind.

Name - Vincent

Age - 42

Post subject: Re: ...holy crap I finished it.
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 10:55 pm 
Addict

My thoughts so far:

Chaos... awsome

Icy... you scary scary man

Shini no Megami wrote:
Character profile

Irish AND Japanese!?

I think I'm in love. <3

"...Just when Anonymous finally thinks he's solved all the mysteries Eva can give him, Sadako-chan has to pop out of the sea of LCL."
-Anonymous(4chan)

- Ancient's son - Deo & Shini-Megami's Dad - Shinigami's Uncle.
- Adoptive father of Nates severed hand.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 472 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 24  Next