ZOMBIE FORUMS

It's a stinking, shambling corpse grotesquely parodying life.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:03 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 10:00 am 
Addict

<b>Rural apartment, England.</b>

And suddenly, Natara was alone again. Her mind was clear of a second voice, and her thoughts were again the only thoughts resonating in her head. There was so much to take in with this great shift of power. Just who was she now? What, in all of its entirety, had happened?

“I’m sorry... there’s a lot going on right now. Most of it is beyond me, myself.”

“About that; what exactly is happening around here? What was that figure? You run me over, get naked in my room, and now you’re stealing my clothes? I don’t even know your name!” Indigo had questions of his own and Natara blushed, embarrassed by her own behaviour and conduct in front of someone she didn’t even know.

“Most people call me Natara. It’s been my only name for some years. You may remember me, because I certainly remember you, although it’s been quite some time...” She extended her hand in greetings towards Indigo awkwardly.

“Natara? Name sounds vaguely familiar. Heh, I’m sorry, I love my fans, though it’s hard to remember every name. But it looks like I won’t be able to compete for a while anyways. Nice to meet you, Natara.” He coolly shook her hand, a smile brightening up his face. “Now why are you wearing my shirt again? I seem to remember that you had clothes when you entered the apartment.”

“It’s a bit of a complicated story. But since I’m actually traveling, I happen to have some extra clothes I left in the car. Then you can have your shirt back, and we’ll get things cleared up. Sound good?”

“You man you have an explanation to what’s going on around here?”

Natara shrugged and headed for the door. Once she was at her car, she went into the boot and grabbed her gym bag with her clothes and magickal items in it. She made sure to get her switchblade from the side passenger’s seat as well, because Natara thought it might come in handy with the healing work she was about service. Quietly, she re-entered Indigo’s apartment and changed in the bathroom.

Indigo was waiting for her in the living room (or what resembled such), talking with his female roommate.

Last edited by Kali_Ava on Fri Dec 10, 2004 5:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 1:47 pm 
Addict

The engine growled like a caged predator.

Benjamin Corley did a final checkover of his equipment before rolling into the streets. Bolt pistol clipped to his belt, autopistol and extra Bolt clips in the saddlebags, Power Sword in its sheath, strapped to the rear fairing.

He had a mission, a target.

A second Kill Team had made a try for him the night before. This one had lacked the advantages of its predecesor, as well as its steely will. After a swift and decisive defeat at the hands of the green-armored behemoth, it had taken little pursuasion for one of the defeated men to give up their benefactor and his location. This Inquisitor, Agent Thane, would die tonight.

The growl turned into a roar as the armored motorcycle burst from the alleyway, onto the main throughfare. The late evening traffic barely seemed to notice: like most hive cities, the citizens here cared little for anything not directly involving themselves. Like a space age knight, he rode to battle.

-------------------

Agent Thane was pacing the length of his office in the Jerrico Building, troubled. Two special forces teams had attacked the creature, both had been destroyed. The bit of evidence he had managed to gather suggested that neither team accomplished much, though the first had done more: some of the man's blood had been found at the battle site. In both cases it appeared that he'd interrogated at least one of the troopers. One he'd finished execution style, the other he allowed to die from existing wounds, though the autopsy was not yet done, so he couldn't be entirely sure of that second one.

Whatever happend next, it would be interesting. He half expected the thing to come for him, soon. He almost felt bad for staying in his office building: the building's security force would intercept any invader, likely with quite tragic results. Yet there was no better place for him to make his stand.

---------

Bolterfire cracked the supposedly bulletproof glass of the Jerico Building, the armored cycle shattered it. The security guard behind the front desk ducked for cover from the flying shards, watched the Space Marine roar down the main corridor. He punched the alarm and drew his pistol, but did not emerge from the cover of his desk. Not withought some backup...

The corridor was fast becoming an impractical place for the bike. Corley saw a T-junction ahead and hit the brakes. The armored motorcycle put it's front wheel through the plaster, but was largely undamaged. A pair of shotgun blasts spattered off of his armor, drawing his attention to a pair of assault troopers. He dismounted, drawing his power sword. It crackled loudly to life, its disruption field forming a translucent haze around it. He advanced, the guards backed away. Another volley of shotgun fire scattered off of his armor. In a move almost too fast to follow, he threw his sword, taking one of the guards in the chest.

The other managed a final, futile blast before an armored gauntlet closed around his throat. He stared into the red eyeplates of the Marine's helmet, and saw only doom. A deep, soulless voice came from the helmet's grill. "Where is Agent Thane?"

The guard swallowed hard, croaked, "Seventh floor... room 9..." then collapsed in a heap as the armored behemoth dropped him. The thing retrieved its sword and silently walked to the elevator. The guard's gasps turned to a sigh of relief when he looked at his friend, and saw his ending.

----------------------

Agent Thane was observing the city as the wooden door to his office shattered beneath an armored boot. He didn't even flinch. Reflected in the window, he watched the armored man pause in the doorway, sword and pistol at the ready. He felt its inhuman gaze upon him, felt it move to the table where his pistol lay in its holster. Before the armored man could speak, he said, "Please, come in. I'd like to talk."

The Space Marine entered the room cautiously, scanning for some sort of trap. He saw nothing out of the ordinary, yet under the circumstances that was well and truly bizarre. The man he had come here to kill was standing with his back towards him, apparantly unarmed. After a few steps withought incident, he thumbed off his power sword and lowered his pistol. "What do you want?"

Thane turned. "I want you." Corley hesitated. "The organization for wich I work," Thane continued, "Is tasked with the creation of a super soldier. Superbly trained, well equiped, and genitically enhansed. When we first heard a report about you, it was thought that you were an escaped test subject, although we weren't sure how a subject had escaped or where he would have aquired such advanced equipment. During our first encounter, I realized that was not possible. You are far in advance of our finest efforts, and I have no idea where you came from." He paused, inviting the armored figure to elucidate. Corley remained silent. "I sent two teams to try and capture you, frankly so that we could open you up and figure out how to make more of you. Given the aparent ease with wich you dismantled those teams, it seemed pointless to try any personal heroics, thus," he gestured towards his pistol, "I stand before you unarmed. I'm counting on you having some sence of martial honor. If you want to kill me, I can't stop you. But I have information that could prove useful to you."

The silence stretched for a moment, then Corley said, "What information, Inquisitor?"

"Ah, but nothing is free... You also have information I want. I propose an exchange."

Corley paused for a moment in thought, then sheathed his weapons and removed his helmet. He extended his fist. "Benjamin Corley, Captain, 5th company, Foemans Dirge."

Thane touched the Marine's fist with his own. "Alexander Thane, Agent, PIA Military division."

"For what reason do you seek to create supermen? What enemy do you fight?"

"Fifteen years ago, a cataclysm re-arranged the face of this planet. Its cause is unknown, but it was linked to the actions of paranormals. Since then, an increasing number of paranormals have appeared. The project I am a part of is an attempt to create a force to counter them. Your turn: what are you?"

"I am a Space Marine. I was born a normal human on an unimportant agricultural world. When our world was attacked by a vile, alien scorge, the Foeman's Dirge came to our rescue. Many of the survivors left with them. I became one of them, joined them in their crusade. I have shed my blood and burried my comerades on more than a hundred worlds. I fight the enemies of Mankind wherever they appear. I push back Chaos to make room for Order."

Silence hung in the room for a solid minute before Thane found his breath. "You meant every word of that, didn't you?" Even before the other man nodded, Thane could tell that he did. Something in the tenor of his voice, in his expression... despite how absurd it sounded, every word felt true.

Last edited by Chaz on Sun Dec 12, 2004 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 4:09 am 
Native

Washington. Somewhere along 1-5

The rain poured thick and heavy.

...When did this start?

Shaken, Bane stumbled to a stop, one hand drifting up to brush against her temple. Like a dreamer risen too quickly from a deep sleep, she gazed about at her surroundings as if peering through a dense fog. Where was she? She didn’t remember walking so far. Didn’t remember anything really past the moments after she continued walking and left those two males behind.

It was almost as if she had been in a daze. Could it have been her exertions with the car? She tried to remember but the pounding of her blood in her temples seemed to drown out her ability to think. Her throat felt dry, so incredibly dry, and her eyes burned. Maybe if she just closed them for a second....

Bane stifled a grunt as suddenly pain blossomed in her head and shoulder, leaving bright star bursts to dance across the backs of her eyelids.

What...?

Heartbeats passed before she was able to open her eyes again. When she did, it was to find herself sprawled out on the ground, her face inches from a puddle of rain water.

Fainted. She had...fainted?

Pushing herself back to her feet she felt the icy tingle of numbness begin to touch her extremities and suddenly... she knew.

Shit. How long as it been...?

“Fuck.” The word came out as a harsh bark. Her swollen tongue having had to fight to shove out even that one simple word.

She needed something, and she needed it soon.

A quick glance around her told her nothing beyond the fact that her eyesight was getting dangerously blurry. A small part of her wanted to even give up. Lay back down in the middle of the road and just let what will be...be.

No. I am master of my own body, god dammit. You will come to heel.

It took every ounce of will power she had, but eventually she managed to make her eyes go back into focus.

Where is...please. I need this. Where is it?

There.

A Yew tree.

Body swaying, she staggered over to the tree. It sat on the very edge of an embankment. From the looks of things, it had once been flat land before some earthquake or another tore the ground so that the two edges now stood a good fifteen feet separating the half where Bane now stood precariously upon and the rest of the forest floor below.

Bane hardly noticed any of this. In what dim light there was, she had spied a bit of red amongst the blacks and greens of the tree. Yew berries.

One hand holding onto the trunk of the tree to steady her, Bane stretched out her hand towards the berries. She needed them. Her body screamed for them.

They were just outside her reach.

A low growl of frustration rumbled from her throat and she gripped the branch that held the berries instead of continuing to flail her hand at empty air. Using the branch now as a way to stabilize her balance, she let go of the trunk and groped for the knife strapped to her thigh.

If she couldn’t get to the berries, then they would have to come to her.

It was hard for Bane to keep her grip on the knife as she sawed at the branch. Her body kept feeling as it were being bathed in a burning cold.

Or was it a freezing heat?

But she forced herself to press her fingers down as tight as she could. She won’t not let this beat her. She refused to. She was master of her own body. It would answer to no other’s call but her own.

The branch wobbled, barely connected now, and a brief moment of triumph flared within Bane.

That is... until the branch snapped off....

Until Bane’s lost the only support that had been keeping her steady.

Her world fell end over end as she tumbled through the air. It was almost a pleasant sensation, falling. If only it weren’t for that sudden awful stop.

Slowly she sucked in one harsh ragged breath after another. Her body hurt. Fuck, did her body hurt. But she was alive. Alive, and she would mend. She was pretty sure she hadn’t broken anything. All the same, she wasn’t eager to move just yet.

Her mind felt clouded. Fuzzy. She had needed something...that’s why she was lying on the ground now in pain. Something.... she fought through the haze. Something red....

The berries.

At once she remembered the branch still clutched tightly in her hand. It was miraculous she hadn’t dropped it at all.

In her fervency to get to the berries, she ended up having to bite her lip against the pain that moving quickly caused.

Fuck, did she hurt.

Careful to move gingerly now, Bane slowly picked the berries and placed them in her mouth. The bitter rush as they popped between her teeth made her wince and almost gag, but she forced herself to swallow. Hopefully things would feel better soon.

A sudden exhaustion settled down upon her. She knew she had to get some rest for her body to heal, but something nagged at the back of her mind. Something she was forgetting.

Looking down, she saw. Her knife. She’d dropped her knife.

Slowly, Bane managed to roll herself over. Feeling disgust at her own weakness, she began to crawl around on the ground in search of her lost tool.

She didn’t know how long it took. Her sense of time, as well as most of her mind, was too rattled to function properly. Eventually though, she found her knife. It had become wedged between a rock and the uneven surface of the wall she’d just fallen off of.

With some effort Bane managed to pry the knife from where it’d gotten stuck. How could it have gotten wedged in like that simply from flying out of my hand? The thought passed through her mind and was gone almost immediately as a slight gleam from the hilt of her knife caught her eye.

There, etched into the dark wood siding of her knife’s handing was the delicate etching of some flower. The silver wash that filled the lights was what had caught the light, and subsequently her attention. Vaguely, some part of her mind recognized the flower. She was too tired to try to place it though.

Not really thinking much of it, Bane slipped the knife back home into its sheath and contented herself to curl up on the damp and chilled ground.

She never did notice the knife that lay half buried in a muddy puddle not 10 feet from where she had landed by the time she drifted off to sleep. Nor that the lay of the grass where she’d picked up her knife suggested that something far larger than a simple knife had been laying there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 12:04 am 
Local

<b>Aéroport d'Avignon, France</b>

She rubbed at her shoulder, the spot where the focus of weight from her bag had been gnawing at her flesh for the past hour. <i>Finally</i> through local airport security, now Customs. She flashed her passport to the bored-looking man at the desk. He studied it for a moment, looked back at her face, and glanced again at the U.S. Passport.

Quote:
Victoria d'Shea
American

"Merci, mademoiselle." Victoria nodded lazily and heaved her bag onto her shoulder to make her way to her gate.

<B>Sydney International Airport, Australia</b>

Passing through the international security checkpoint, she asked the guard a few questions on the whereabouts of some car rental centers. She nodded, and headed out through the terminal, collecting her bags at the claim. She reached into her slingbag and pulled out a pair of sunglasses to shield against the high afternoon sun, and stepped outside, crossing the street littered with pale white taxi cabs. Apparently, though, her sunglasses served another function. Peering through the lenses, they focused on an object well out of any human range down the road, a couple of miles, and enhanced the image as if it were no more than a hundred yards away. She nodded, and kept walking towards her intended destination, turning off the zoom feature on the glasses and letting them perform their primary function of shielding her eyes.

A half an hour later, Victoria slammed on the gas of a racy looking motorcycle, peeling out of the parking lot and around the corner. The sunglasses brought up a miniature map of the vacinity, a small yellow dot pointing out her location and a red dot indicating the location of the hotel she had reservations out, just a few miles outside the Australian paranormal forest.

<b>Just beyond Warrimbull military base.</b>

She slid the key into the lock, turned, and pushed the door open to reveal a small but almost cozy looking hotel room. The lavatory was covered in white tile, from the cieling to the floor, and the closet that stood adjacent had attached hangers for coats and the like. Tossing her bags on the floor, she made her way to the bed, kicking her shoes off as she did so and flopping on the mattress. In doing so, she got a distasteful projection of some random sex images occuring on the bed. Scowling in disgust, she pulled back the comforter and the thin blanket beneath and pushed them away, sinking to the fresh sheets and melting into unconsciousness.

Exhausted from the eleven hour flight, she slept for a solid hour and a half before she roused herself to unpack, shower, and change into a pair of black fitted pants, a white tanktop and a form-fitting black jacket. She grabbed a few miscellaneous items from her suitcase and stuffed them into a bag that she slung over her shoulder. Sauntering down the hallway, she left out the back door and hopped on her rented motorcycle, turning out onto the street and heading towards the border of the forest.

Last edited by Angel On Crack on Wed Dec 08, 2004 2:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 1:17 am 
Local

The door loomed, pale moonlight reflecting a blueish tint on the door. The paint was chipped around the handle, as if several somethings had tried to carve their way into the hall. Angel's eyes looked through Brooke at the metal of the handle, then into/past it - seeing the smudges of oil on the metal, fingerprints staining it with the most minute amounts of almost neutral oil. Almost neutral - slightly acidic. He felt the acid, whispered to it in a primal language of electrons and neutrons reacting, and *pushed* - the acid wanted to be stronger, to burn through the thick metal, leave it in sizzling pools on the cement floor, didn't it? It would only take a little change, and in return there would be so much more motion, so many movements, more energy used...

The transaction passed in a matter of milliseconds, and with a sizzling noise, the knob and bolt melted to the floor. The door swung open with a faint creak - Brooke and Koi had broken into Third East, boys wing.

<b>Brooke's Mind - Inner Chambers</b>

Brooke slowly awake, blinking blearily as the red walls came into focus. The memory of Angel writing through her was returning. He had begun speaking to her in that low, smoky, husky voice that made her *listen* and write; her hands had spelled his story out on the keyboard as he slunk closer until his hot breath was on her ear and his body was pressed against her. One of his arms wrapped around her, pulling her hands up from the keyboard while his other hand had swiftly moved to compensate. At that point, she had felt herself disconnecting from her body. He was controlling her arms, hands, fingers, eyes - she had felt a twist and he was controlling her, writing and building up his strength. As always, the twist had knocked the breath out of her. As his words had poured out through her body, she had felt her energy draining into him. She had slumped down to the couch, trusting him enough to keep her walls stable.

Now though, he was trying to *use* her - instead of using his own reserves, the bastard was trying to tap from her walls! Struggling against exhaustion, she raised her sleep hoarse voice. "Angel!" Her eyes widened as she comprehended what she saw on the center screen. "SonofaBITCH, what are you DOING?" She struggled to her feet and stumbled to the center chair, trying desparately not to fall to the floor. He spoke, his tone dismissive and sidetracked. "Getting us out of here, love. You always said you wanted to see the Forest." Immediately his attention was for the screens again, moving Brooke's real body as he needed.

She hissed and turned to the side panel, concentrating until she had the information she needed - exactly how much damage had been done.

<b>3E - Caddo Hall</b>

Brooke pulled Koi to her, eyes gleaming slightly in the pale light. "I need you to go get Vance Eauson. He should be in the first suite. I'm going to go get Vincent, should be out in 5 minutes. If anyone raises the alarm..." Angel hesitated, caught between needing a backup and knowing Brooke wanted these kids kept alive. "Stay here." She said firmly. "Wait for me." She turned and slowly crept down the darkened hall, her sight failing as the emergency lights flickered and failed. The hall was completely dark now as she felt her way down the hall. One suite, two suites, three suites - there should be a mid-hall marker right about *here* - her hand slid over an inch-thick portruding rectangular shape. Right. Next was the door that led to the three rooms of Vince's suite; he was in the middle room. She found the door and quietly entered the suite.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 7:02 pm 
Addict

<b>Washington, somewhere along the I-5</b>

And he waited.

As the woman walked away, Skjie looked over at the man beside him. The man just stood there, obviously at a loss. Apparently he wasn’t used to having people just walk off, the stunned feeling cemented by the agape jaw. The man looked over at Skjie, and moved his mouth again. The intent of communication was clear, the message was not. Skjie shrugged and started walking after the woman. There was nothing here for him either.

The man obviously had some sort of strength; the glow in Skjie’s mind was faint, but perceptible. She was still a stronger signal, even as she trekked into the forest, Skjie still could feel the nagging pull. This man held little for him, and there was nothing to go back to, even if this woman wasn’t like that one in the village. He understood now, though, that there was no rush, it’s not like he would loose her, or that she would be any sort of protection for him. So, he started walking again. As she got further from him, he started to feel his surroundings more. Like a person who leaves a bright sunny day for a dark, shaded house, he began to notice the other signals around him. Receding behind him, the man’s signal, brightest next to the woman’s, and, more strangely, the feeling from the forest around him. Slowly, he started to feel a pressure on his mind, faint at first, almost unnoticeable, it called to him, whispers in his mind, just to divert his path a little….

Skjie shook his head. The voices stopped.

No, not stopped, they were just quieter, like gnats buzzing around your head. Perturbed but this buzzing, Skjie didn’t even notice the lack of her presence, or the entrance of another presence….

He lost track of how long he had been walking. Between the tugging from… the forest? And the area he was travelling in now, so similar to his home, yet so different, the day passed without notice.

Suddenly, Skjie felt a sharp cry of… something, Skjie didn’t know. He did know one thing. Something was wrong with her. He ran, the trees rushing around him, forest creatures scattering, even the whispers flew from his mind. As he got closer, Skjie could start to feel her mind again, chaotic, her thoughts jumbled around, sluggishly forming coherent feelings. Panic, fear, pain, confusion all came to him as he ran. And then they stopped. Slowing down until they disappeared, her consciousness floated away just as he saw her, curled up in the damp grass, fifteen feet below. Besides being scratched, and dirty, she seemed physically fine. Relief flooded through Skjie. He still didn’t know why he was drawn to her, but she had better not die until he found out. She was out deep, her conscious buried deep in the sleep of the drained. Skjie decided to setup camp; it looked like this was where they were to spend the night, anyway.

He took a walk around the perimeter of their camp, noting the locations of any good battlements, in case of an attack, and gathering what dry timber he could find. The night looked like it would be cold, and fire kept the beasts at bay, at least she had ended near a wall that kept one approach away from the beasts. Not 10 feet from the woman, Skjie noticed a glint in a puddle, a knife lay in it. Skjie glanced over to her as he picked it up; apparently she had dropped it during her apparent fall. Finished looking around, Skjie piled all the wood together and worked at starting a fire, that’s when he noticed the matted grass. Apparently, something else thought this would be a good place to stay as well…..

Skjie finished starting the fire and readied his weapons; this could end up being a long night.

And he waited.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 10:26 am 
PostWhorePornStar

Our Mother of Grace Hospital, Hemmington, USA.
Jason had lost track of time while working in the surgical ward. It felt good to him to be busy once again without worrying about staying alive. Though he was always careful whenever one of the black suited agents were around, he couldn’t shake the feeling that he’d been marked. Probably just wondering if I’m related to the break-in, but can’t be too careful. I’d better stop leaving surgery between operations. After grabbing a cup of warm coffee, a young woman was brought in, a large red stain growing on her shoulder. He left the cup on the front counter and ran up to help support her, unconsciously checking the satchels under his coat. She seemed a bit weakened by blood loss and appeared a bit pale. When he was beside her, he scanned her with his eye and noticed the glossy look to her eyes, realizing she was blind as well, and probably had been for some time. The scan also told him she’d need a hemostat and some stitches soon for the deep gash in her shoulder. He also noted than she seemed oddly armed, but decided to focus on helping her first. He ducked under her good arm and looked to the man that brought her in.

“What happened to her?”

“Don’t know exactly. She said some guy tried to rape her. I was parked outside in my cab when she came in and asked to be brought here.”

“Ok. Stay here. The police may need a statement from you later.” He looked over to one of the nearby guards. “Watch him. Make sure nothing happens to him.” Jason helped the woman along the corridor, bringing with him several doctors. “You, prep room 4 for our arrival. You, get a patch kit from storage.” The two sprinted off in different directions, leaving one to follow beside Jason. As they continued, Jason asked her questions about her medical background and people to contact, but she stayed silent, occasionally groaning from pain.

The younger doctor strode in front them and removed Alia’s sunglasses before shining a light at her eyes. When he saw the glazed look to them, he was shocked. He saw the ease with which she moved and avoided everything, never stumbling once, yet it was apparent that she was blind. Which meant only one possibility; a para. He backed away, shouting “It’s a para!”

Alia tensed up. The hospital was crowded, so she couldn’t silence the two doctors without being noticed. And she saw the guards back at the entrance so a running fight would be out of the question. She decided on her last option, escape. She pushed away from the doctor, knocking him against a gurney and broke off in a full sprint. The younger one ran back to alert security.

Jason picked himself up quickly and chased after Alia. She had about 5 seconds for a head start and was slowly outrunning him. But he knew the hospital better than she did. When she ducked into a storage closet, he followed quickly after her. The lights were off but a few seconds after he entered, he was grabbed from behind and a blade was against his neck. “Wait! I’m like you!” The blade stopped. He let out a sigh of relief. “I’m a para as well. So don’t kill me.” The sword was lowered and he turned around to look at his assailant. She was leaning against the wall, sliding the short sword back into its scabbard. She was still bleeding from the wound in her shoulder. “Here, let me get that.”

He moved to remove her cloak and pack and she tensed before allowing him to help her take off the weights. He reached into a pocket, pulled out a cloth and spray bottle and proceeded to disinfect and clean the wound. He then grabbed one of his bags under his coat, pulled out a sheet of gauze, and ripped a good length off. He put it up against the gash and tied it tightly in place. He bent down to pick up her stuff, but she refused. She snatched the pack and slung it over her shoulders. Jason merely sighed and handed her a couple painkillers.

“C’mon, let’s get you out of here so I can finish the job in peace. We’ll need to stop by storage first and pick up some stuff.”

“…why are you helping me?”

“Who else will? You need medical attention and I’m a doctor. It’s as simple as that. The fact that I’m like you doesn’t mean anything to me.” He drew the handgun from a side holster under his left arm and checked it, making sure the safeties were off and the gun was loaded. “But there’s one catch. While I’m helping you, you can’t kill anybody. Hurt them if necessary, but no killing. And before you turn me down, you should know that you can’t get that treated on your own and if you go to anyone else, you’ll have to answer a few questions. So, what’s your choice?”

“Fine.”

“Wait a moment.” He closed his eye and stared through the wall, checking for corridors for any movement. He could see a security team a few halls away closing in cautiously. At their pace, they’d arrive in a few minutes. “C’mon, it’s clear.” They moved out into the hallway and jogged away to the closest set of stairs. They descended down to the basement and reached one of the store rooms. He looked through the shelves and quickly grabbed what he needed as well as filled Alia’s pack and his bags with anything else they may need. “Hey, what’s your name, anyway? I’m Jason.”

“Alia.”

He left $50 on the table for the supplies. “So what’s your power anyway? I figure it’s something to do with your sight, but what exactly?”

“I can see in all directions for a short distance. You?”

“Special sight. I can see the physical, mental, and spiritual. Not all at once though.” He closed his right eye and focused again. He looked past the pipes and wires in the ceiling and could see the guards above approaching the stairs. “C’mon, we need to hurry.” They left the store room and fled into the ruined area. There were several large holes in the walls from the earlier break-in that were only covered with tarps. By the time they’d gotten behind a wall, a pack of guards had arrived in the basement.

“Ok, you three check the storerooms, and you four search the construction site with me. Radio for back up at the first sign of trouble. Remember, her powers are unknown, so don’t take chances. Remember, tranq her if possible, but take her down if you have to.”

“And the doctor?”

“Keep him alive. They may need him to answer a few questions.”

Jason and Alia continued sneaking towards one of the windows. “C’mon, I’ll boost you up.”

Alia just glared at him. “You do realize that I’m probably stronger than you are.”

“Yeah, but you’re injured.”

“You first. Then you can help pull me up.”

“Fine.” She lifted him up to the window and he squeezed through the opening. He went back to pull her up, and as she reached up to grab his hand, one of the guards came through the opening. The next few moments seemed to blur to Jason.

The guard went for the modified pistol on his hip and yelled “Freeze!”. At the same time Alia’s hand dropped to the hilt over her shoulder and drew her short sword as she spun. The guard fired when she moved, but she was already out of the way, with the dart harmlessly catching on her cloak. Before he could fire a second time she spun again and swung outward with the blade. As the sword neared the man’s head, Jason nearly fell through the window trying to stop her. Alia twisted her wrist and the flat of the blade smashed against the guard’s temple, dropping him. She took both of his guns and wallet and took out the bills. She handed the guns up to Jason. “Can you use those?”

He took them and checked them against the one he already had. The bullet magazines seemed to match his so he tucked them into his coat. He also liked the idea of having a non-lethal weapon and put the tranquilizer pistol into another pocket. “So, you didn’t kill him.”

“You told me not to. It was part of the deal.” She dropped the empty wallet back and reached for his hand. Once through the window, they snuck through the security perimeter and got into a cab.

Post subject: Part two
PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 5:13 pm 
Addict

<b>Rural apartment, England.</b>

“-more interesting.”

“Very funny, Kenko,” Indigo replied. “You’ve always been one to–" he stopped himself in mid-sentence as he noticed Natara waiting in the doorway and waved. “Hiya, stranger. Natara, right?” She nodded. “You going to come on in and tell me what’s up with this crazy day?” He motioned for her to sit down somewhere in the room.

Natara glanced nervously at “Kenko” who seemed to be immersed in her book. “Hi… first things first. Do you want me to help you out at all with your eye? I have stuff in here that may assist with any pain you have and will speed up the wound recovery process.” She lifted the gym bag, contemplating the best way to use the Rutilated Quartz she had for such occasions most effectively.

“Sure, what do you have in mind? Gunna hit me with the bag like you hit me with your car?” he teased.

“I think you should just kick ninja ass, Indy. Create a whole army of pirates to take down ninjas in a colossal war, just like it says to do in this book.” Kenko smiled devilishly.

“You’d love that, I’m sure. No wonder you’re so into that book,” Indigo oh-so-kindly returned the smile.

“Can’t be helped.”

“Heart. Much heart,” he laughed and turned back to Natara. “Kenko doesn’t bite, you know. Not hard anyways, or so she claims.”

“That’s just because you’re special, Ind-babeh.”

“Riiiight.”

“Well, I do have an idea. You see, Rutilated Quartz -it’s a stone- has special properties. It strengthens your immune system, which will help keep your eye from infection, and it also affects your brain function in a very positive manner. It may also make communication and understanding between us easier, because I’m afraid you might not understand everything I’m going to tell you. Most of all, it’s a great physical healer.

“Anyways, Kenko gave me an idea that I think will work. I would attach a small piece of the quartz to your eye patch. By the side closest to your hair of course, so that it’s not blocking your face.” There was more she wanted to say, but she thought it inappropriate at such a time to joke around. No doubt, she had people issues still. But for fun, she added the thought, <i>Then you can be a real pirate, just dripping with booty. Heh.</i> Natara grinned.

“I guess if it all works that way, I can’t complain. Here,” he handed her his eye patch. She hardly noticed the rugged flesh where his eye had been. Natara was more or less used to seeing such grisly images, and she rather thought that they were interesting. Especially when she saw the aura activity surrounding the wound, as it busily worked on trying to repair the body. She looked him up and down, checking for other signs of injury and found that his eye was the only problem. Her car had been harmless, except for maybe a couple bruises she couldn’t see.

Natara took the eye patch with one hand, as the other, with a mind of its own, began to reach over towards his aura. He balked, surprised. She blinked and withdrew her hand. “Sorry, that’ll come later.”

“What will?”

“The energy transfer.” She replied simply, forgetting that he was not conscious when she had done something similar earlier that day.

“The what?”

Natara sighed, her memory coming back to her. Now was no time to be blaming herself for scaring Indigo with her stupid, impulsive behaviour. This was all new to him, what was she thinking? She lingered on the guilt for a moment, but began focusing her energy on what she was doing. Taking out her switchblade, Natara cut the elastic band near the right end of the patch. She put both items down on her lap. Reaching into the black gym bag, she wrapped her hand around several leather chords. She pulled them out and separated the biggest looking Rutilated Quartz she could see among the tangled necklaces. Picking up her switchblade again, she cut the leather chord’s knot and slid the quartz piece off. Natara added the small chunk to the elastic, and tied it so that the stone would not slide around. Then the eye patch was once again an interesting little accessory as she repaired the elastic band, good as new.

“Before you put this back on,” she said, returning the eye patch, “I would like to channel some healing energy into your aura.”

“My aura? Channeling energy?”

“By that I mean, your electromagnetic field. It doesn’t really matter what you call it, it’s energy surrounding you and helping maintain balance in your body. It’s particularly active around your eye. There’s some blocks forming from the damage, and I can take energy from the Source - unused energy around us; in the air, I guess is the best way to describe it – it’ll help you feel better and heal faster once I clear those blocks up,” she explained.

“Sounds a bit far-fetched. What exactly do you plan to do to unblock me? I wasn’t aware that I was feeling particularly blocked up to begin with.” Indigo was hesitant. Just what was he getting himself into?

“I don’t know, Indy. It sounds fun. Maybe your bedroom won’t be so lonely for once.” Kenko had been silent up until now, reading and listening with half an ear. All of this couldn’t possibly have been as interesting as her book.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 4:18 pm 
Local

A back road near Warrimbull military base

He, no...it ran as fast as the human hosts' legs could go. If it could only make it back to the woods, it should be able to lose the posse.

"Damn!" he mused aloud. "I though I had these humans pretty much figured out."

Looking back he could see the group of men gaining. He figured that a bar would be a good place to pratice human interactions. However some friends of the host came in and well...lets say they didn't fall for the act. In fact they came to the conclusion that some sort of Para was impersonating their friend...I guess in a way they were right...this train of thought came to halt however when the dull thud of a rifle round impacted him in the left shoulder. The host's body wasn't stong enough to shrug it off, and he ended up sprawled in the dust of the road...

"SHIT! only a little longer and I'd have made it into the woods!" he coughed.

Clasping a hand over the hole in his shoulder the parasite forced the body to roll over and sit up. This was greeted with a boot to the face as the leading man caught up at a dead run. His vision skewed a little by this he decided to speak without trying to stand again. Using the host voice he managed. "Hey guys...what's the big-WHAM...another kick to the head...this just isn't my day.

"Shut the fuck up you freak!" one of them yelled..."Yah! What did you do with our friend." another chimed in.

"I am your friend!" He managed to spit out, along with a few teeth.

"Bullshit! Andy would never say something like that!" ....Something like what? she was a attractive specimen,by human standards." It seemed like a good statement to make." he countered.

"Fuck you man!" responded their leader, kicking him a few more times. "She's my sister you ass!"

Humans, I may never understand their interelations fully. These three seem rather set on killing me...The host's body is rather messed up...blood loss from that shoulder is starting to have an effect...I may be better off taking one of these as a new host. At least for the time being...hum...how to take them off guard...

"I'm sorry man, I was just messing around...please...stop kicking me..." he whimpered...

Snickering the one with the gun turned. "Well, that sounds more like Andy to me...pick'em up boys. we'll have the doc check him out to be sure."

The two lifted Andy between them, their leader a few paces infront..."Now is my time to strike" thought the serpeant. Leting his arm fall off the shoulder of the man on his left he reached down and drew a knife from his back pocket. Jaming the pommel end into the mans groin yeilded a welcome gasp as he colapsed backwards. Blocking the knife from the view of the second man by falling to the left with the first he succeded in pulling him down on top of him. Stabbing him in the stomach in the process. Their leader turned seeing the pile and brought his rifle to bear.

"What the fuck are you guys doing!?" he demanded. But his anger turned to horror as Andy rolled the 2nd man off him, still stabbing him as he struggled to his feet.

"Holy SHIT I was right!" He screamed as he fired into Andy's back...

"Fuck...this host is dead for sure, better end this fast..." with that thought he wheeled the dying Andy, and as the hosts vision turned red he rushed the man running him through with the Bowie knife...

"...Andy...why?..." He gurgled...

"Because..." It spat back. "I'm not Andy..." Then grining, the serpeant allowed Andy's body to collapse...and began tearing himself free of the corpse...

"There can be only one!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 9:14 am 
Addict

The Highway, near the North American Para Forest

For the first time in days, Corley could see the stars.

The lights of the city had drowned them out, and he had missed their familiar glow. They were not the stars of his homeworld, but he recognized some of the constelations: the Huntsman, the Dagger, and the Mace, or at least constelations that looked like them. The stars were one of the constants of his life, sometimes he was among them, sometimes he looked up from a world at them, but they were always there. He took some small comfort in their presence.

In the northern sky, he saw a carnival of lights. Such a carnival he had seen before, and it frightened him. It indicated that the Aether was spilling into the true universe here, that this world was cut off from the rest of space by a storm in the Warp. Even if he could find an astropath, he would be unable to call for a pickup. He would have to ride out the storm here, and work for the best.

It also indicated that conditions were ripe for Chaos to flourish here. He had something of an ally in Thane, but he did not want to have to depend on the man's assistance. Thane was meerly human, and lacked understanding of what was truly going on. His aid would be of limited use.

As the forest loomed ever closer, the road became rougher and more worn. Rather than continue on the broken concrete, he left the highway and started cutting cross country. The fields became choked with underbrush, and he slowed, carefully entering the forest itself. For a short while, he drove through the wood, the only sound the engine's growl. He stopped in a clearing, dismounted. After a brief scan in the now-deafening silence, he removed his helmet.

The air stank of decay and the taint of Chaos. Checking his weapons, he strode into the forest, searching for answers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 6:00 pm 
Addict

Looking into Natara's eyes, Indigo considered deeply what was about to happen to him, "Fuck it" he blurted taking a quick drag of his rollie and quickly stubbing it out in a nearby ashtray, "With all the shit that's happened so far, what you're gonna do can't be bad. Infact, things have gotten better since you turned up" He said, "So what do I do?"

"Close your eyes" Natara said soothingly waving her free hand infront of him "And Relax"

"Just Like daddy told you" Snickered Kenko

"Shut Up!" They Both Chorused

"Ok, Ok...." Indigo said taking a deep breath and closing his eyes. For a while nothing happened, there was just the dark of his imagination and the crazy lights that flew infront of his vision from time to time. He felt something move across his face, not on it but before it, the feeling creeped over his head and down his spine. He shivered and it came back toward his face and his damaged eye.

The tingling then began, and being ticklish it wasn't long before Indigo was trying to beat down the giggling the best of his willpower. Just as he was about to yeild the the legion of funny invading his body something caught his eye, looking over to see what it was he turned his head and saw nothing. Funny he thought, I could have sworn I saw...

He paused for a moment, Now, Indy, how did you see something with your eyes closed, I mean HOSHIT!!

As he turned his head back toward Natara He could see her perfectly, as if he had his eyes open, but something was, yes, she was pure white. You are one fucked up lady, lady As he looked harder, he could see thin tendrils of light seeping down her arm and toward him, looking down at himself, he could see the thing white string like light dissipate into his body, which was black. Cool Looking down his side, he could see the sofa he was on, again black hmmm... as the seconds passed he could see more of his surroundings, still black but only now he wasn't moving his head. And everything looked like it was covered in water. Black Water.

Ok, This is intense As he looked at the water, he could see it flowing over the objects in the room, but not just down. It flowed very faintly sideways, like spider webs connecting the objects together, keeping them where they were, the sofa, the TV, himself, Natara and kenko, and the tall man in the the corn-"HOLY SHIT" He screamed as he jumped back, but accelerated by his power he smacked into the wall and stuck there

"There's someone here! I can see him! But, I can't now! I Could Though! He was just over there and he was looking at me I think and I can't see him now but I know he's there because I saw him whe I had my eye's closed and, and....an....nnn...."

Indigo fell to the floor with a loud thud.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 10:47 am 
Tourist

He was in that place again. And there was the person again. He was asleep again. All these facts didn’t make what was about to happen any easier.

“So… to sum up our last conversation… you’re an AI who has infected… implanted itself into my skull? I took a look at the hardware, it all seems pretty tame. I note you have given yourself a way to take over my body, or at least that’s what I hope it’s for. Otherwise your about to experiment with me.”

The figure shifted. Unlike last time, it seemed as if it were… he couldn’t put his finger on it. “Yes. Those electrodes are for the purpose of me using your body. I think it’s only fair to warn you that I am going to be borrowing it once in a while when you’re not using it. Like now.” As the emotions of anger began to grow in his face, the AI interrupted his thoughts. “I wouldn’t worry too much, Chaos. To the outside world, you are listening to music on your computer, and doing some work. I am only trying to find out what has happened in the past few years while I have been out. Given time I’m certain that you will realize that there is no harm to you, or to others, just a perceived annoyance. Even that is not founded. The reason I’m actually talking to you is to say that you have free reign of this place. It’s your own mind. You have always said to ‘know thyself’. Now is your chance. You’ll figure it out soon enough. I’ll be back when the plane is about to land.”

Then the figure disappeared. Chaos was left alone in this crystalline city.

“Well… This is certainly a change from a week ago.”

On the plane, he took a moment to get used to having a body for once. It was slightly… distracting. It was relatively simple to adjust though, all it required was using the information the brain already had and use that to direct the body, hooking the laptop to the internet feed, Logging on.

First things first. Search for TSC…

Life is suffering, oh God how Buddha was right on that. It seems that my entire life is devoted not only to driving to rock bottom, but drilling me three feet below that.

Chaos let go of the crystalline tree. He had found these things all over the place. He called them Trees because he could see these “roots” connecting them together. They seemed to contain memories. This one was of a rather bad day. The roots connected to similar memories. Fights, groundings, tears… All of them. Others had other memories. Girlfriends, breakups, days at the park, family, holidays… Songs. He felt like had had been looking at them for hours.

“Chaos,”

It seems he had been looking a them for hours.

“Is it time to switch back?”

“Yes, I hope you enjoyed your wanderings.”

“It was interesting, only relived memories though.”

“Next time check out the palace. It’s a nexus of all of your thoughts. By the way. I think I have found my purpose.”

“Really.”

“Things are happening in the world. It seems as if something is about to happen. Something big. You feel it, I see it. I think that my role for the moment is for now, watch. I want to see what is going on. Also I think I shall play you devil’s advocate. The opposite.”

Chaos groaned, He had heard this line before. “For the love of God, don’t tell me your naming yourself Order.”

The AI shrugged. “No. You and I both know that Order and Chaos are not on the same tier. They conflict but they also mesh. I’m thinking on a temporal route. While Chaos ruled in the unknown. The opposite is true. Where Chaos is lacking…”

“Fate rules supreme… You took that from me.”

“And modified it. I shall be called Fate.”

He, Chaos, was back in his body. The plane was turning about to land and a stewardess was approaching.

“Mr. Cunningham? I was just wondering, if you are blind how is it that you can use a computer?”

Thankfully he had a prepared answer. “I know touch typing and I have a program called Dragon running. It reads text to me. Like the disability itself. There are ways around not seeing the screen.”

I am the captain of my soul.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 5:33 am 
<font color=darkred><b>Lorem Ipsum

<b>Seagrass Plains, Elseworld.</b>

Two figures stride across the expansive grasslands with a purpose in the brisk morning air, dew glistening as it collects on their coats pants, and HJurin's tail like small liquid gems. In the distance, hunkered into the foothills of a range of mountains like a wounded beast is a forest, full of dark browns and greens, a place of large, jagged leaves and wickedly curved thorns.

Despite his mysterious trust in the crimson demon he travels with, the forest makes Hurin uneasy. For generations it had held dark faerey-tales and legends, of how it was a hostile place to all outsiders, demon and mortal alike, and only the beasts of the woods could roam it's leaf-carpeted floor, move amongs the twisted vines and branches of it's myriad outstretched arms.

<i>It embraces itself in a constant song of hatred, holding a black old curse close to it's blackened heartwood</i> hurin thinks to himself, remembering one of the songs sung by bards in these parts.

The young Chantha warrior is broken from his reverie when Achari stops in front of him, looking off to the left, still as a stone in the sighing, shifting sea of the grassland. His glare sweeps back and forth, and then he grins.

<b><i>"You can come out that i may tell you a message for your Master..."</i></b> He extends his left hand, clawing his fingers and small, wickedly curved talon extend from the pads of his fingers. <b><i>"Or you can stayu cowering where you are, and let your deaths serve as the message. It matters not to me."</i></b>

His deep, hard velvet voice travels unnaturally across the plains, to the ears of his targets, and their voices come back as a shout.

"Rand is our comrade, not our master, Red Devil!" The male cubi's voice is clear and sibilant, like a deep red wine in a crystal goblet.

Achari only laughs softly as the two cubi warily fly closer, but not too close, and Hurin, equally wary, draws the boneblade, crouching, ready. Whilst his memory on the event remains fogged, he recalls that he had recently been attacked by a demonic force, and paralyzed.

<b><i>"If he is truly a comrade as you say, how would you have known to whom i refferred, 'comrades'?"</i></b> the beast cxhortles at the smaller, achingly attractive demons.

Again the male rises to the implied insult and steps forward, but is styopped by a cautioning hand of the female. Hurin fights the urge to follow the seductive sway of her large, smooth breasts.

"Speak your message, beast, that we may leave." It may be a terstament to her wariness that the female does not try to tempt, or does not even smile at Achari. Were Achari not so amused at nettling the male, and hurin not so enraptured by the female's hypnotic body, it may have occurred to them that she may have even been consciously supressing her natural seductions and charms.

The creature smirks. <b><i>"Tell him and the grey-haired one to meet us at the entrance to that place."</i></b> Achari gestures to the forests off in the distance. <b><i>"the time to leave approaches, one way or another."</i></b>

<b>Warrimbull translation expedition, The Forest.</b>

"The calibration is out a few degrees here, and here. Try lifting the gain a few herz....yes." Emma stands up from the equipment and the tech she'd been crouching next to, and stretches, looking around the clearing with the awe she'd first felt when she'd first seen the polaroids. Over every surface of the ruined structures, and the bloated trunks of the trees ringing the large clearing are multitudes of symbols and writings, and as she had suspected, the move! She watches as before her eyes, a passage moves up the trunk of a tree, changfing as it goes. This is why she and her team had struggle so with the translation. This was a language in perpetual motion, trying to understand a few photographs was like trying to learn latin when all you have seen are a few letters.

Emma is filled with an excitement he hasn't felt in years, the academic fire again burning bright in her mind, so much so that even the uneasiness of the non-science members of the expidition doesn't disturb her. She hardly even feels the heat anymore. <i>My god, what is it saying? what has it been saying all these years that we've missed? is it a repeating message? We can't lose any more of this!</i>

"Start recording as soon as the equipment is set up. We can't afford to miss another second." she tells the tech, Simms, according to his uniform. She has already turned away and is setting up more of the recording and analyzing equipment before the tech can answer her with a "yes ma'am".

In the center of the clearing, the transports had been set up in a ring, and used to make a type of a barracks. The marines are busy setting up perimiter turrets and clearing obscuring foliage at the edge of the clearing, much to the disgust of the members of willis' team.

At the center of the vehicles, Major Stanton has set up the base of operations, where she watches the progress of the setup of their new home for the next three days. She growls orders at her men, and practically snarls at the science teams that come to her with requests. The major's stance on scientists had always been clear, which made it an even greater mystery as to why she'd been transferred to a scientific outpost.

Emma looks up from her work on the recording equipment in front of her, and catches Seth, the para mercenary's eye as he goes about clearing the foliage and watching the perimiter. He grins back at her, a cigartetted dangling from his mouth before continuing his patrol.

<b>Behind <i>The Irish</i>, Warrimbull</b>

There is very little that's actually irish about the small pub refferred to as The Irish in Warrimbull, apart from a cartoonish carictature of a leprechaun on the sign, and three types of guinness on tap in the bar. There also isn't much that's open for business about the place this late at night, and yet, out back of it, light from a ring of cars fills the parking lot, and shouts fill the air.

Jaden is breathing heavily. The ringing in his left ear makes the shouting, jerring crowd of people a little hard to hear, but his focus is not on them anyway. He has eyes only for the fat, hairy man in front of him, also breathing heavily, and bleeding from the mouth and nose, and a cut above his eye.

Jaden himself is sporting another shiner, a cut on his jaw, and a numb shoulder from a solid kick earlier on in the fight. Despite being fat, his opponent is still quite tough, and seems to have good stamina. <i>A solid jaw, too.</i> Jaden thinks, clenching and unclenching his aching fist.

<i>Hitting that lardass body is pointless</i>, Jaden calculates. <i>There's real muscle under all that fat, i gotta go for the head. shame i can't go for the legs...if i smashed his knee he'd go down like a sack of pigshi-</i>

He quickly doges a swing for his head, and the small but rowdy crow shouts and jeers. He answers with an uppurcut, just glances the man's chin, and has to dance to the side to avoid a fierce jab. the two continue to circle, throwing punches, blocking, dodging, looking for an opening.

Suddenly, jaden sees what he's been waiting for. The man's left guard drops, and jaden throws a poerful punch, but before he can connect, he feels a mighty impact hit the side of his face, feels his feet leave the ground, and feels the gravel bite into the bare skin of his back as he hit the ground.

Dazed by the enourmous punch, he stares up, listening to the muffled sound of the blood rushing through his head, his senses a jumble, his thoughts scattered for a few seconds. <i>It's sort of comfotable, like this...</i> his first thought floats to him. <i>Numb...</i>

The world comes back into focus as he feels two sets of hands grab him under the arms and drag him painfdully to his feet. A middle-aged man is staring into his face, looking from eye to eye, asking him questions, shining a torch nito his eye.

"you got hit pretty hard then, Jaden. Not often you get counted out."

"...what?!" the boy asks, incredulous.

"Full ten count. Usually you only get those if you're unconscious. How many fingers."

"Three"

The man nods. "Good. But that's it for tonight. I'll drive you home." The man puts the boy's arm over his shoulber and helps him walk to a dirty car, japanese, '80's make, some cheap piece of crap that just won't die.

"How much?"

"in the end?" the man thinks for a moment. "about fourty, after my fee." Jaden nods, and then grimaces as the man helps him lower himself into the car. "You should think about taking a break, kid, at least 'till you're a bit older, got more bulk behind you. Fights're getting tougher."

"I'll think about it," Jaden says sardonically, a grimace on his bruised face.

<i>If i didn't know better,</i> Michael thinks to himself, <i>I'd say the boy likes getting himself beat up.</i>

OOC: not all i wanted to put up, but i wanted to have at least something done by now. expect more emma marrak soonish /OOC

Last edited by madadric on Sat Feb 19, 2005 5:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 12:13 am 
Addict

Uluru (Ayer's rock), Australia.

Well old friend, you are in the world as well, living, feeling, holdingf on to the half life to which we are heir. Well, Clay, you'll not feel your breath of life long, you'll suffer, you'll suffer with me, then we will die old friend, we will join our brothers in the storm, but I won't leave you alone, no, I was the first of us, and by the elders, I Herald, the Messenger of Eternity shall be the last. Now for a body...

Clay woke in darkness, his hot rush of fear in confusion, freezing to the cold horror of certainty. He knew whose hands had pulled him hence. The worst had come. He stood up, in his newly crafted body, clothed in black robes of an ancient cut. He raised his head and lightning outlined the face...no, HIS face, a body once his, clad in robes of identical cut, but brilliant white. Another being lay beneath it, but no stranger this creature. For thousands of years they had known one another. Behind the doppelganger sat a boy, perhaps 15 years old. Black skinned, with the features of an aborigine, and with the blank-eyed stare of a vegetable.

"Well, here we are again. You in black, as it was in those days, I in white as I always have been."

"You pompus.."

"Now now, plenty of time for that later. let me introduce my friend. I don't know what he called himself, he rather burned out his brain trying to pull me through the storm, but his power remains, at my disposal."

"What do..."

"I want? to destroy you, first and foremost, and join you in the storm, shortly therafter."

"Why me? Why not just go? I won't miss you."

"Our time has passed little brother and you will pass with it."

Clay stole a glance at the aborigine boy, calculating the distance, and the position of his body and Herald's they were evenly matched, if he was fast enough he could....

"No, damn it, I was hoping you would not engage in such foolishness, you summoner will have to join us then, to keep things fair."

A look of consternation crossed the face of the man in white.

"Well, I don't know if you've done it, but I can't track him, or her. Fine, your mind is open to me and there are others."

The Man in White stretched out his hand, and his young thrall mirrored him. abruptly behind Clay the girl he had rescued only a short time before appeared. Clay cursed mentally, he'd never expected this, didn't understand it.

"There you are brother, I know your soft sopt for human children. Never could stop protecting them could you? Well I know you'll protect this one like I would..something of value. So we're even."

"This is your last chance, call it off, send us back,, we don't have to do this no-"

Clay cut off midsentence and dove into Herald, taking him by surprise. They thrashed and fought for a moment then, hands locked around each others' throats, they settled in for a good long battle of wills.

"Give up, join me in oblivion!"

"You should not have brought the child Harry, I might have been tempted, but she's my responsibility to defend, so I've gotta kill you haven't I?"

Clay got no response but Herald's gurgling laughter.

Now the die must fall,
There ain't a winner in this game
Who don't go home with all, Not with all...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 2:20 am 
Local

Chris sat on the plane, not really seeming to do anything, although his mind was churning. The past few days had been so full of things happening, unusual things. It didn't take much to realize that something big was again coming together, and it was coming soon. He didn't know how soon it would happen, only that it would happen soon, and he did not know exactly what would happen. He knew general ideas, but this event was big, there where too many possibilities to know for sure. But soon a gamble would be taken, and then he would know. Until then he only had to wait.

Chaos shifted slightly, and Chris felt his thought patterns change completely, although the transition was seemless to anyone watching. Interesting.... He closed his eyes and probed deeper. It seemed that the small chip in his brain was sentient. How very interesting. His cell phone vibrated. It's time.
"Tell Chaos to wake me up when we get there." 'Chaos' seemed not to notice, probably to prevent anyone from becoming to suspicious, although Chris could see that his remark had upset the AI.

Chris grabbed a small pill from his pocket, slipping it down his throat without anyone noticing. Got to set up a control node before it happens.... If anyone could see inside him, they would see the liquid metal that seemed to flow through his body start to condense around the spinal cord, as if being crafted by an unseen hand. Transfer control...and there Chris felt the node take control of his body to prevent it from doing anything unwanted. Well, good to see the process works.

The plane seemed to start to shift and slide before his eyes, and his body lay back and closed it's eyes. He waited....and waited, and there, he could sense the conciousness building up from the outside. I sure hope this works, because if it doesn't..... well the chance of failure is low, but it still seems risky to me. With that thought, time opened up before his minds, and all control was lost.

He could see the world, creatures coming over to it in human form, saw the red bard, but when would this happen? Time went in reverse, going back days, and days, until he found when. And then examined it over and over, nearly losing control as the possibilities flashed past him at near uncomprehensible rates. But one thing remained constant now....the time was set to within a day. And now he knew why things had to be done quickly. He would have the advantage, and if he played his cards right he might even come out on top. The images came faster and faster, running through the entire event, to the end, then back again and through a different route. He struggled to keep his journey somewhat under control, but it was hard. The effects where starting to spill over now, as the feedback increased. I'll be able to take it. And then the events became clear, clearer than he had ever thought possible. No longer where they mere shadows of possibility, but crystal clear visions of what will come. It was if a shroud had been lifted from his eyes. And he could see, in great detail what could happen, and what will likely happen. But then control was lost. Images of everything, past present future flowed past like a river bursting over it's banks in a flashflood, and churning up mud in the process. The clarity was replaced by quantity.
He saw what will happen a million years from now, the human race long since changed, then suddenly he was sent back to when humans first came into existance, than he was at both places at once. The white noise was filling his head now, and then he saw what had really happened 15 years ago, and what could have happened 15 years ago at the same time. But it was hard, the world was not normal at that time, viewing it was extremely hard. The feedback increased, and finally, the visions cut out instantly, leaving him in the blackness of nearly nothing.

Back at the base, the physic amplifier rumbled to a stop, and Chris slumped down underneath it. Another person, dressed in black, came and took him away.

So, it worked. We risked ourself, and we managed to survive. And now we know when this will happen, and we finally see what happened 15 years ago. At least, generally, clarity was not easy to get viewing that. But the simple fact that viewing it was hard enough to need the amplifier shows that these people, if you could call them that, are not to be underestimated. To hide something from my view is a great accomplishment indeed. I need time to think, but more importantly I must act. If I am to come out on top, I will need to act very quickly, or it will be too late. The others must move quickly as well. It is urgent now.......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 6:04 am 
Addict

Rural apartment, England

Slowly opening his eye, Indigo focused on the steady object that floated above him, really close to his face "eugh.." He groggily uttered limply waving his hand to move it

"Shhhh, Stay still" Came the voice of Natara

Looking above him he saw the image of Natara upside down and smiling warmly "You gave us quite a fright" She reassured.

Blinking in confusion he looked down to notice that he was infact laying on his back with his head in her lap, looking up toward Kenko he raised his eyebrow "..we?"

"Well, y'know...You I, really only stood up. A bit. Just to look." She stammered looking away with moderate embarressment and none care.

"Couldn't make us a cuppa could you? I'm fucking dying for one" He asked "PFFT. Just because you tried to fly through a wall doesn't mean I should make you..."

"Fine fine, whatever..." He looked up to Natara and smiled "You couldn't, you know..." He started before he noticed the object in his hand was still there and quite warm, looking he saw it was Natara's hand "Ho well, shit I " He jumped up and turned toward her "I, I'll go and make us all a cup, that'll, that'll be nice"

He turned to go in the kitchen and began making some tea. As he moved around he could faintly see the water web that washed over everything, he smiled. Opening the fridge he saw a large block of cheese on the inside door "ooooohhohohohooo ho ho" He gleefully uttered to himself as he took the cheese out with the milk, Putting the milk down he rabidly unwrapped the cheese and took a bite and munched down happily. As the kettle boiled and he munched he walked over to another worktop and took down a pot of sugar, opening it, he plucked a spoon from the sink behind him sprinkled on some cheese with it and took another bite, "hey, kenny?" he shouted out with a mouthful inspecting a freezer "do you know if we have any meat? I mean like, meat meat, cow beef, or y'know meat?" he blurted and turned to look at the two in the adjacent room

"...What?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 5:16 pm 
Local

Natchitoches, Louisiana - Caddo Hall

Frightened by the tone in Brooke's voice, Koi looked around the darkened hall and meekly walked in the direction of the guys' hall. She stopped when she reached the door she was after and stared at it for a few moments.

Taking a deep breath, Koi crossed her fingers and pushed open Vance's door. It took her eyes a moment to find his sleeping form. As soon as she did she crossed the room and gently shook him.

"Vance! Vance, you gotta wake up. We're getting out of here!"

Vance groggily opened his eyes and stared at Koi as if she had grown a few new heads. Blearily, he sighed, rolled out the bed, and ran a hand over his head, his fingers tangling in his hair as he did. "Wh... No. Don't." Sighing, he stood and moved to grab a pair of jeans that were hanging off of the foot of his bed. He pulled them on over his boxers, found a shirt, then glared at her before sighing once more. Then his eyes focused, and he blinked once.

"You... aren't supposed to be here..?"

Knowing she didn't have time to debate the matter with him, Koi grabbed Vance and dragged him out toward the center stairwell, telling him in a hurried whisper everything that had happened since she had been woken.

"So, you see, we're going to be leaveing!" she grinned as they reached the stairwell. Looking around for Brooke, she became worried.

"Brooke should be here...let's wait a moment." Koi ducked down on the stairs, staring off down the hall in hopes of seeing Brooke and Vincent's dark forms.

"Angels that are forced from heaven have to become demons."

"Like a devilish angel... or maybe an angelic devil..."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 7:55 pm 
n00b

Natchitoches, Louisiana - Caddo Hall

Rubbing the sleep from his eyes and trying to get a grasp on what he'd initially thought was a dream, Vance looked around him. The lights in the halls were off (which didn't really bother him since he'd been asleep), he'd been woken up by this strange girl who he had only seen on occasion during meals, and now he was being told about the inconceivable notion of escaping this prison. However, Vance was quite passive toward this because he was still half asleep, wearing only his loose black jeans, black t-shirt and overshirt with the tribal designs.

The better part of him thought this was nothing more than a trap, or an issue that would soon be resolved by the help. However, if it were true, and they actually were going to break the bonds of this hell, he wished to be well-equipped for the journey.

Proceeding back to his room after telling the girl that he'd return shortly, he packed his few important belongings: His laptop and related equipment, cellular phone, multi-tool, and his dagger that he had gotten from a trip to the Texas Ren Fest. Fitting these things into a small backpack, his phone and tool in his pockets, he returned to the stairwell, looking down the dark hallways. Finally awake, he looked to the girl that had awakened him questioningly, his voice was clearly one of someone lacking social interaction, for it it had a hint of demand and impatience in it. However, he wasn't adept at casual conversation, so this was as good as it was going to get for the time being.

"Okay...So what's going on? Why am I here? Who in the Hell is Brooke? And for that matter, who the Hell are you?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 8:37 am 
Addict

The Forest, North America
Through his many decades of service, Benjamin Corley had fought in every kind of terrain and in every kind of fight imaginable, from the twisted steel hell of a Space Hulk, to frozen tundra, to the worst Death World class jungles. From this, he had developed a keen sixth sence, that alerted him to dangers.

At least, that's what he would later claim. He approached a clearing, and, intent on the area ahead, he tripped over a protruding root. As he fell, a bolt of energy flashed over his head, shattering a tree behind him. Swearing profusely, he rolled into a crouch, then lept as another bolt blasted into the turf. He fell back a short distance, and the bolts stopped coming. Cautiously, he crept forward, looking into the clearing. He saw a pair of guard towers with gun turrets, their weapons slowly tracking back and forth. There was some sort of force wall behind them, and in the hazy distance behind that, he saw some sort of compound. He lifted and threw a fair sized rock into the clearing, and the nearest turret picked it out of the air with respectable swiftness and accuracy. A smaller rock suffered an identical fate.

He drew his bolt pistol, and drew on the force wall. The bolt round exploded agaisnt the wall. Its path was crossed by bolts from both turrets, wich sent turf flying upward in a series of explosions. By the time the dust cleared, Corley could see no evidence of damage done to the force wall.

He would need to change tactics.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 7:36 am 
Addict

Along the road the name of which I've fucking forgot it's been so long. Close to the Northern city limits of Hemmington, skirting around the city.

"Lindsay," Yumiko said. When she got no response, she shouted, "LINDSAY!"

Lindsay turned to Yumiko, raising an eyebrow. "What?"

Yumiko gestured to the rear-view mirrors. "Been tailing for the past twenty."

Lindsay hissed and cursed. "We're being followed."

"Do we confront them or just hope we can outrun them?" Yumiko said. She rubbed her wrist, looking behind her as she spoke.

"We can't risk taking them to the safehouse," Lindsay said. "Hang on."

Yumiko grabbed the side of the Jeep as Lindsay spun it around. Once they jerked back into normal sitting positions, Lindsay floored it back in the opposite direction, flying past their pursuer just as he made to cut them off.

"Remember that intersection a few miles back?" Lindsay shouted over the wind.

"Yeah," Yumiko said. "Why?"

"It takes us onto a back road where I think we might be able to lose him and circle back around," Lindsay said. "Then we either run like hell, or hit him hard and fast and then run like hell."

Yumiko looked at the vehicle in the mirror and grinned. "I like that plan."

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next