ZOMBIE FORUMS

It's a stinking, shambling corpse grotesquely parodying life.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:55 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The Matrix RP 2.0
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 7:37 pm 
Addict

I’m going to try this again, as there was a lot of Pre Game interest and a fizzled start-off.

The Matrix RPG v2.0

The initiation theatre is crowded with many people wanting to see the Matrix RP preview. The Theatre has been converted for this cause. The lights dim as the Matrix logo is seen on the screen, a spark flies and code fills the screen. Fiery Red Code that burns like embers on paper. From the black coal of the screen words burn into existence.

"Everything that has an End, has a Beginning."

Fade to black...

The Matrix:
The world will be medieval-ish. It shall emphasis on the middle and upper class levels rather then low class peasantry thus the cities will be cleaner etc. As a political setting, the Inquisition is in full swing and Inquisitors and peasantry alike are hunting out any and all pagan witches/sorcerers. Tech is limited to medieval-ish stuff. Not too much higher.

The Code of the Matrix and the powers of the freed manifest in terms of Magic. Code appears to be more like magical Runes then computer code and the base colour of the Matrix is Red rather then Green. Entrances and Exits for the rebels will be different. Certain Holy Grounds are used as Entrances and Exits. E.g. a family tomb, a small abandoned shrine or pagan worship sites like Stonehenge.

Inquisitors:
As they are the Agents of the past, they are better suited for their environment then there successors.
Note: Use these guys as a measurement of power, I want the attitude towards The Inquisitors to be the same as it was for the first Matrix movie. If you see an Inquisitor, running is a good idea. In this version of the Matrix, the Inquisitors are dressed in dark red robes, most resembling the colour of dried blood. They all carry around ornamental staves. A section of these staves separate to reveal a blade that makes up a third of the stick’s height. The Inquisitors are very proficient with these. They have insane speed (not as insane as the Agents but still faster then any rebel can pull off). When swords cannot accomplish anything, they then ask “the Lord” to give them power. This pretty much equates to them making magic. Again, the Inquisitors can do this better then the Rebels. They can pretty much do the following.

Exorcism: They disrupt the carrier signal of an intended target, causing weakness and eventual premature disconnection from the Matrix. This ultimately results in death. The draw back is, it takes a concentration to do it, and they can do it to only one person at a time, thus a partner can interfere and both get away.

Healing: They can generally perform any of the healing you would expect here. Illness, cuts, bruises. They cannot resurrect, however. They use this to repair damage to themselves and as a means of control over those still plugged into the Matrix.

Relics: Some Inquisitors carry around Holy items created to fight evil. These are equivalent to other items that sorcerers use. In reality these are encoded item that are preset for special effects, such as lightning, thunder, fire. Etc.

There are other abilities they can do, but these will not come up in battle. There are also upgrades that can happen. When an Inquisitor dies (a rare occurrence, but happens), they respawn in there headquarters, known as The Cathedral. (Well duh) They tend to use horses as transportation. These horses are said to be blessed and run faster then any horse available to the public. The Rebels however might be able to come up with something a little better then the norm.

The Inquisitors can see through all plugged in eyes, same as the Agents. They can get to anywhere in the city in under 15 mins. They only are deployed after a person is confirmed as a rebel. So if an odd occurrence is seen, the Inquisitors will come. Oh, and don’t let this fool you. They can drop in unexpected Rebels tend to give themselves a 5 min time span to complete any operation. (This does not include travel time).

You can read the other thread for other info.

So, Any interest?

- Stephen Crane

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 9:15 pm 
Local

I'm interested.

DNI'd = Kali_Ava and darksetyuna.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 4:07 pm 
Expatriate

When is the signup and what is the other thread that has the info.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 4:27 am 
Addict

Sine up can happen here.

The old thread can be found here.

- Stephen Crane

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 9:07 pm 
Local

Sign up can happen here... but when? Is there even enough interest to bother signing up (I know I would, but I'm not too sure how good an rp with this few would be...)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 9:22 pm 
Addict

Just create a character. If I don't get enough interest, I won't do it. It would be a failed idea.

- Stephen Crane

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 8:37 pm 
Local

Just posting to say that I still am interested, but with the semester ending and three plays happening and some other stuff besides, I've been busy as all hell.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 8:39 pm 
Addict

It's just you... I think the idea didn't do so well this time...

Shame.

- Stephen Crane