ZOMBIE FORUMS

It's a stinking, shambling corpse grotesquely parodying life.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:25 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 8:28 pm 
YOU SAID YOU LEFT

Lil' B held perfectly still. He had hung himself over the alley by nothing more than a foot hooked through a rickety fire escape and two fingers braced against the brick wall opposite. He waited, and he listened. A dead hobo lay on his back further up the alley, his head propped against a dumpster. His eyes were still open. Unnerving. He must have just died tonight... hope somebody disposes of the body before the flies get to his eyeballs. Lil' B suppressed the shudder and continued to listen. Footsteps on the sidewalk. Almost missed 'em. Two people. Maybe... 30 yards. Wish these morons behind me would turn their fucking set down... 25 yards... 20... my fingers hurt.

He had a tenuous hold on the building, two fingers jammed into a nook in the bricks. The bricks were caked in soot. Slippery stuff. He had positioned his fingers just right so that- his rambling thoughts were instantly focused by the noise behind him. Fire escape just moved. He carefully turned his head to have a look and the railing gave way completely. The rickety iron grate tore free of its moorings and clattered to the ground below with a deafening clang. Lil' B landed gracelessly on his knees in some aluminum cans. His finger was broken. He heaved himself shakily to his knees and tried to force the air back into his lungs as he stumbled towards the alley's entrance. He was nearly there when the loud bitch from the apartment started yelling at him to shut up. Unbelievable. He noticed his quarry waiting for him ahead, dramtically silhouetted by a streetlight. One man looking smug and the other unimpressed.

"Havin' a good night, bro?"

"Fuck... you... piece... of shit... broke..."

"Right."

B-man clapped an arm around his brother's back with a smile. "You're just in time to walk back with us. Imagine that."

"I would have... got you."

"Yeah-huh, I'm sure. You're a regular goddamn ninja. Now let's vanish before the shogun up there calls the Beef."

The Captain shot the two a bemused look for a moment and then followed them down the street. "The... beef?"

"Sure. If American cops are pigs, then surely English cops..."

"Ah. Roast beefs. Clever..."

"Heh. It beats 'bobbies.'"

The group made their way back downtown, the two older men resuming a previous conversation as Lil' B sullenly zoned out and studied buildings across the street.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 11:50 am 
Addict

He sat and waited. He often did this. It allowed his mind to wander. Allowed it to let go of some things and latch on to others... and sometimes... he dreamed.

But not tonight. To night he sat and felt. He could hear the sounds of cars and voices outside as people went about there lives. He could hear the sound of the television next door. The house creaked as it was pushed by a breeze. The breeze came into the house through a draft... somewhere to his back, and gently moved the hairs on his arm. The cold caused his skin to bunch up and form Goosebumps, but they passed. The blood of his body pumped ever steadily and he felt the weight and heat of it enter his head, weigh it down. The fast food he grabbed earlier caused his gut to tighten as it attempted to deal with all of the chemicals and grease... Root His balls aches slightly, reminding him that it had been a while since he found a girl to have fun with. It has been... what? a... 3 month. Since before he left... He inhaled through his nose. The smell of exhaust and street filled his nostrils. The smell of his surrounding sank into his head. Booze, Food, and beer. Slight smell of B.O. DJ remembered a few of the scents. B-man, and his brother both have been in this place often. He felt the air go down into his lungs and the oxygen dispersed into his body. He felt safe and secure here, but aware that this had the possibility to change. Most of his animal instincts had quieted down a bit. Just to be sure he went through the motions of Ground, Center

Moving onto...

Sacral: Again, lack of female companionship has taken it's toll here. But for now, it seemed to be sleeping. Which was fine, he could go onto...

Solar Plexus: This is where it got interesting. A nerve focus The Japanese notices this, hence the phrases dealing with the stomach area in general dealing with emotions. "Spill your guts." "Yellow Bellied" "Butterflies in the stomach." For him it always felt like a beast. Restless. Like what happens when you jump off that ledge...
Quote:
Gatshall: Stop, Doctor... Don't make me shoot.
Doctor: Today's show's brought to you by the letter... FUCK YOU!!!

Feet pushing off of stone. Wind against feet. Water coming up to face...

DJ: Freeeeeeeeee!!!

Right now, it was NOT liking that burger. Or it was worried about getting to uncomfortable. Both ways, JC tried to calm it. Soothe it down to a growl. After a while it felt less. Less agitated...

The Heart: Pumping as usual. His emotions were as calm as they could get considering what had happened to him this year...

Bum: Dude, are you, Ok?

Beast: No... *grin* I like your coat...

but all is well... for now it seems. ba-bump... ba-bump...

Throat: Asleep. Weakened... but ready to wake... and as strong as the rest...

The Third Eye...

CLICK

Chaos opened his eyes as he heard the door unlocking... He sat and waited...

- Stephen Crane

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 2:23 am 
Addict

Looking at their rising companion Indigo patted himself down finding his pouch and papers, "and I'll tell you what, I never seen a girl look that good before in my life, 'course you dont see one for over a decade and they all look pretty...tanta..lisin...g?" the Captain drifted off as he looked around a bit "Where are we?"

"What? You forgot again already?"

"No no no... It's just I'm sure I recognise this from, Yeah..." Finishing off his rollie Indigo dived into a building and stalked up 17 flights of stairs without a pause, looking down he couldn't see his companions "..oops" he turned around to look at the door at the end of the corridor, expacting it to either open in gleaming light or to just explode in his face, he approached it carefully.

He reached his hand down to the handle but hesitated before touching it wrong wrong wrong! This is wrong! ... but why? He looked at the handle, a small round metal handle, the silver worn off down to the base underneath. Nothing unusual about it. Probably made before all this happened he reckoned.

Lightly opening the door with a slight click, he winced Damn, he could instantly tell he was being waited for, "Cap'n! Where are you!? Come the fuck back down here!" Came the voice. He smiled and turned his head to reply "SHIT!!" Ducking the blow, Indigo shoulder barged the previously unseen assailant down the hall and into the wall at the end, then into the next. Smashing down on Indigo's back the man brought his knee to Indigo's face sending him careering back to the hole they had just come through "Heh, Heh, Heh" Growled the man, standing at nearly 7 feet tall and overly slim, "Ah'v bin waitin' fer this fer a looong time, Captain..." he said

"mnuh!" Was the only response as Indigo threw up his food and some blood, wiping away the remnants from his mouth he dragged himself up the wall and stood werily, "Been a while, you'll have to forgive me, my memory is a little...missing" he heaved through pained breaths

"Oh yea? Well the Major din't take to kindly to you jus' fuckin' off and leavin' us, right upset 'e wos. Told me I should bring you back, truth is... i want your job"

Indigo coughed up a bit more blood through a chuckle which ended in hacking, "heh, So You'll kill me, and CatShat will give you the secrets that he builds on himself? That it? Mutiny only builds mutiny you know, when you're in charge, someone will try to do the same thing you dumb fuck"

Unimpressed the killer lept for Indigo only to hit wall, turning he saw nothing "where...?" From underneath him, in a cramped crouched postion, Indigo uncoiledfeet first into the man's jaw, knocking his head back so far that it should have snapped then Tightened muscle? Bone enhancement? Indigo thought as the pair slowly glided through the air. With a quick twist Indigo grabbed the man by the midriff and spun himself round smashing him through the wall in an attempt to break his back. Throwing him down the hallway the assailant skidded along limply, The threads on Indigo's head had extended themselves and were eminating small amounts of heat. Looking down the hall, he heard the man groan as he tried to get up Shit, nothing is coming up on him, no obvious bone, muscle or neural enhancement, than what....oh great with a quick analasys his cybernetics picked up elements of carbon, Sodium, and Eclithnium, A Mono-bonding metal which was engineered to grow in uniform patterns enhancing strength and durability aswell as being able to contain information and hold a charge, making it pretty much an intelligent metal suit that was impervious Gatshall has been a busy boy

Indigo wasted no time and flew down the stairs at such a speed he nearly barreled into the brothers B, "What the fuck is going on up there?"

"Family reuinion, went bad, some arguing and a little scrap. Safe to say I'm not really welcome and that running away is now a VERY good idea...Unless you have a cannon on you" With that he tried to usher them on

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 10:28 pm 
Addict

As the trio continued their way down to the Subway Terminal, Cap stopped in mid-sentence. Mumbling something about knowing the building, he took off inside and ran the stairs 3 at a time. The Brothers B waited outside.

"What the hell? You hear something, bro?"

Lil B: "I'm not sure...wait, what's that?"

"Cap'n! Where are you!? Come the fuck back down here!"

Cap: "SHIT!"

After that came the sounds like the building's starting to fall apart. Walls collapsing, rooms being invaded. All of it out of sight of the two. B-Man then motions to his brother to get ready for a possible Fight or Flight. At that moment, Cap comes flying down the stairs and practically bowls over the brothers.

"What the fuck is going on up there?"

Cap: "Family reunion, went bad, some arguing and a little scrap. Safe to say I'm not really welcome and that running away is now a VERY good idea...Unless you have a cannon on you"

"Jesus...bro, give me your Plastique Grenades and get your ass down to the Terminal. Be ready to fly like hell...you too Cap. I'll be following you in a sec."

Lil B frantically reaches into his utility belt and pulls out 4 Grenades filled with Plastique explosives and a 4 second timer. Lil B and Cap start tearing for the Subway platform while B-Man pulls the pins and throws the grenades through the windows of the main floor. The good thing was Plastique nowadays were much more concentrated and powerful than their predecessors. These four, shaped like Hockey Pucks were flung inside the windows then B took off like Quicksilver.

As a groan emanates from the building, four powerful bangs reverberate from inside the building. The ancient struts and braces are decimated or warped by the heat and explosions to the point that the structure collapses on itself. Tons of steel, stone, and mortar change from a building into a pile of debris.

B-Man races for the subway platform. As he makes his way there, Lil B turns the dial and power is transferred to the wheels, making the decrepit car start rolling down the track and out of visibility. After wheezing and sweating up a storm, B-Man collapses in a seat. He turns to Lil B.

"Take us home, lil bro. I've had too much fun for today."

B then pulls out and lights a smoke. Inhaling, he turns his attention to Cap.

"That building collapsed on whoever's ass that was in there. Do you think they're dead or is that family member of yours also 'endowed?'"

Cap: I doubt that's the last you'll hear from him but having a building fall on him will keep him occupied for a while.

"Good, then that means I can show you my place, allow you to see the weapons and let me relax from today's Bullshit."

The subway car continued it's way towards the Hudson River and The Brothers' B's residence: A condo in Morningside Heights, a part of Western Harlem near the Hudson River. As the car mades it's way to 135th and St. Nicholas, the car came to a stop and the three men left, the power shut down from the car. They made their way up the steps and headed for Amsterdam and 135th where their condo was. As they make their way there, B-Man speaks to Cap.

"It was a newer building before the attack, during a time of revitalization in the Harlem area. Because of this, it had withstood the attack well and still had many amenities such as generators, running water, and other things, but it still needs some work done on it. Though it looks like hell inside, it's in much better shape than many of the others in Harlem."

As they made their way inside the building and to the Condo, the door is opened and B-Man just about has another heart attack as he sees a figure inside, sitting....

Sifu of Corpse Child

Caecus fides est hostilis veritatis

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 6:20 am 
Addict

"Home, I see... You took longer then I was willing to wait, so I picked up some bread and stuff on the way here. I hope you don't mind me using your kitchen, but I cleaned up... and how did it go? You seem agitated and confused... Why? What happened?"

DJ sat on the couch, calmly waiting for a reply...

- Stephen Crane

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 4:10 pm 
Addict

About an hour or so after Cap and B-Man had taken off, Doc found himself working in the lab once more. Something wasn't adding up right from one set of information to the other.

"It defies logic..." he mused aloud.

"Excuse me, sir?"

"Oh, nothing, B-5. It's just... that it appears more like the government took leaps of faith in slapping these parts together rather than working off scientific fact. Look here..." he gestured with his pen to one of the torn halves of the tracking graft. "This circuit here is congruous with the rest of the chip, but looking at the other half," he slid the other piece over, "it looks like a completely different circuit. You can of course see where they joined together along these lines here, but as for function, this simply should not have ever worked."

"Maybe it didn't." B-5 noted.

"But that's ridiculous. The Captain himself looked at it. He pointed out what was burnt out and what was wrong with it. He even explained how it could be used to send a simple twenty second message... if it had never worked, he wouldn't have been able to assume it would."

B-5 bobbed in the air for a second, calculating. "The Captain's memory banks have been shot, though. He may not have realized."

Xan pushed himself back in his chair and looked at B-5. The little device continued to bob and weave, it's visual sensors still aimed at the two chip pieces. "Why would someone put a dead chip... or rather, TWO dead chips on the back of a government weapon?" he posed rhetorically, turning his gaze to the ceiling.

"They aren't dead."

"Hm?"

"The two chips. They are not dead. They appear to have been coated with something to make them appear burnt out, but these chips are in perfect working order."

Xan snatched up one of the chips and moved over to a large magnifying glass, grabbing a pair of tweezers. Under the intense view, he poked at the transmitter. Sure enough, bits and flecks of microfine enamel came loose, revealing that the chip was in fact almost brand new. Xan set down the chip and looked to B-5.

"These weren't grafted by the military. These chips were stitched together and hidden on Cap by someone else entirely. Someone who did so for a very specific reason. B-5... these chips were smuggled out of the facility. Quickly, grab the..."

<i>BWEEEEP! BWEEEEP! BWEEEEP!!</i>

"What the fuck?! That's internal security!" Doc hopped up and grabbed the two chips, "B-5, we have intruders... why weren't they picked up on external?" he flipped ona switch near a small monitor near the door and began flipping through images.

"External security was turned off for routine maintenance approximately 21 minutes and 14 seconds ago."

"Routine what?!? B-5, we do repairs on the system ourselves! There shouldn't be any-" he stopped, staring at the screen before him. Standing in the main entrance that Xan had greeted B-Man and Cap in almost 3 hours prior was Major Gatshall and about 15 well armed soldiers. The major was barking orders at the men, and in moments they had begun to fan out throughout the complex.

"Fuck, this is NOT good!" he swore, pushing away from the wall and heading to the counter. Xan looked around for a quick second, then grabbed a latex glove from the jar to the rear. He slid the two chip halves into it and tied it off, then quickly eased it into the plastic bin on the wall marked BIOHAZARD. "Hopefully you'll be safe here for the moment..."

"What about us, sir?" B-5 questioned behind him.

The Doc wheeled around and looked about. "Quick... I want you to slip into the exhaust duct. Power down everything but sensors and recording equipment. Keep monitoring this room. I will stay in here and deal with the Major when he arrives." he paused, taking a moment to let the impact of what he was about to say pass. "B-5. If anything happens to me, I want you to go to Beeman and Cap. Play back for them everything that you've recorded since they left."

"Sir..?"

"It's alright, B-5... just a precautionary measure. I should be fine. But if not, do what I told you."

"Understood." The little device bobbed for a second, then headed off towards the upper corner of the room to a small exhaust port. Hesitatint a moment before entering, it turned back towards the doctor, who was moving between machines pushing buttons and flipping switches to delete evidence of Cap's presence. "Sir?" it hummed.

Xan paused and looked up at B-5. "Hm?"

"Sir. It has been an honor working with you. Thank you."

Xan smiled. "The pleasure was all mine, B-5."

And with that, the little orb slipped into the duct.

Xan finished destroying the evidence and sat in his chair by a stack of older blood samples, setting to act preoccupied as he heard footsteps ushering down the hall in his direction.

"Well... here goes nothing..."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 10:38 pm 
Addict

As the Trio walked in, B-Man was suprised to see DJ in the residence like he was supposed to be there all the time. True he had shown up previously but always when they were there...he never forced himself inside. B-Man collects his composure.

"What's happened with us? Oh, nothing much. Cap's got a Clean Bill of Health from Doc, tried to get some new info about him and had to blow up a building on Central Park East but all in all it was all good. What I'm more interested in is why you let yourself in here without inquiring...or getting groceries? Usually you would raid our fridge the second you got here?"

Sifu of Corpse Child

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 4:14 pm 
Addict

"Felt like the right thing to do... and that place you blew up is next to my place... and it's now no good to me... and I had a feeling that you might have a story or two. I dien't force my way in though... or I don't think so..." JC's brow creased as he thought about it.
"As for why I brought food... I wanted to... and stuff. Why did you blow up my place again? Not that I care... but just want to know..."

- Stephen Crane

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 12:47 am 
Addict

B-Man listens to DJ and digests what he says.

"I'm sorry, dude. I didn't know you lived so close to the Doc. I don't really know what condition your building is in but it'll probably be smart to not go back like you said. As for why I blew up the building, let's call it a 'Bad Family Reunion' and just leave it at that."

B-Man then goes up to the Liquor Cabinet and pulls out a bottle of Scotch and four glasses. He then pours the amber liquid into the glasses and offers them to those in the condo. He turns back to DJ.

"If you need a place to stay though, I have no problem with you staying here since I am responsible for the loss of your place. So, what kind of munchies you get?"

B then remembers his bro and Cap are still standing by the door.

"Oh, sorry guys. Grab a Scotch, set it up the way you like and stay a while."

Sifu of Corpse Child

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 2:33 am 
Addict

This looks like it might be the end. My arms are tied behind my back, wrapped around the chair. It's already started to go numb, but I know my left arm is broken. Probably three different places. I can guess this based on my medical knowledge, as well as the sickening cracks I heard as the Major had me forcefully restrained. He's now standing across the room from me, flipping switches idly. We are alone now, save for a single grunt standing in the doorway.

"Tell me, Doctor," he begins, pulling a cigar from his jacket lining and turning to face me. He leans back upon the counter rolling the cigar between his fingers. His pause continues. He is toying with me. "How does a man who's been dead for the last 3 years come to practice medicine in such a sterile environment as this?" He gestures to the room around us.

I spit blood onto the floor to clear my mouth. This is bad. Real bad. Gatshall recognizes me. I had thought I had augmented my appearance just enough to avoid this type of scenario. Apparently I was wrong.

"I would call it more of a vacation, really." I reply. Best to keep to the humor side, I wager.

"Oh come now, doctor. If you had wanted a little vacation time, all you had to do was ask." He lights his cigar. "You didn't have to destroy numerous years worth of research."

I smile. "It didn't seem to slow you down any. You've still gotten your little project, haven't you?"

"So then you have in fact met our dear missing Captain..."

Shit. This is going to be tricky. "Your Captain? Missing?" I force a small chuckle. "I was referring to the recent reports I've seen coming in of very interesting government activity in the area. I'd wager that has to be a result of field testing. But you say you've lost one? Ha... I should have known."

Gatshall crosses the distance between us and connects the back of his fist with my jaw. I think I feel a tooth slide free as my head jerks to the side. A quick check with my tongue confirms it.

"Cut the bullshit, Xan. We already know you had visitors tonight. We tracked them here. Unfortunately, we appear to have arrived a little to late, and not only have we lost our prey, but they seem to have ditched the means by which we tracked them."

"You're full of shit. No one's been here tonight." My mind races. What was left behind? What was being tracked? I choke for a second, spitting out more blood in the process.

"Oh?" Gatshall turns to the grunt in the doorway and snaps his fingers. The soldier steps away from the door for a second, then returns with a long black case. Sonuva bitch. He steps over to the Major and holds the instrument case before him, unsnapping the two metal clasps in front. The Major lifts the lid and reaches in, fumbling around the saxophone inside, and withdraws a quid, which he begins to roll from finger to finger. "I take it your memory is improving?"

I drop my head down. A bit of blood and saliva escapes my mouth. None of this is going well at all. "Yes. They were here. But I don't know where they went, only that they were perfectly healthy when they set out."

"Now why is it that I don't believe you?"

"Believe what you want. I've told you all I know." I lie.

The Major grasps the hair atop my head as he kneels, pulling my head up to meet him eye to eye.

"You are a bull fucking liar. Two men came into your facility tonight. One I want back, the other I want dead. They are no longer here, and I believe that you know exactly where they went. So tell me doctor..." his grip tightens as he blows a ring of smoke in my face. "What am I going to have to do to convince you to play along?"

I need only a second to come to my decision. "Fuck off." I say, punctuated with a healthy dose of spit and blood in the Major's face. He reels back for a second, then stands quickly, raising his knee and forcing my head down in the same motion. We meet in yet another sickening crunch, and I begin to feel a hot wet throb in my nose. Definitely broken.

"Big mistake." he snarls, yanking my head back.

Through the blood and stars I can see the exhaust duct in the far corner of the ceiling. A small thin pole sticks about an inch out it's center. Oh how I wish B-5 wouldn't record this.

Major Gatshall leans in, holding my head in place. He comes right to my ear and speaks softly.

"We will find them, my good doctor. So don't think that I am keeping you alive just because of whatever information you may hold. All you do is slow down the inevitable. We will find them, yes, and when we do, we will show them what is left of you. Every... last... piece..."

As he says this last sentence, he slowly pushes the lit end of his cigar into my eye socket. I scream and struggle at the intense pain, drowning out the last words I ever hear the man say.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 9:57 am 
Addict

"Fantastic" Indigo said reaching over and grabbing a bottle, swigging from it and twisting his head around at the ferosity of the liquid, "Hoo buggery, burn the eyeballs out of your skull this will..." He gasped, hoping one day soon he'd learn not to drink everything he was offered, "It's a damn sight smoother than the stuff down at the bar" He noted to B-Man who waggled his eyebrows with due knowlage about how much finer his stock of alcohol was.

Handing the bottle to little-b, he looked at the finger that had broken, "You know, you should get that wrapped up properly, a break like that can be really serious, but you've got no muscle breakage so you're lucky there. Heh, lucky you play the saxaphone for a living or you'd be..."

"MY SAX!" Shouted B-Man "MY FUCKING SAXAPHONE!"

"Whoah whoa!" said Indigo calmingly, slightly dazed by the volume, "Calm down, where did you leave... Ah! The Doc's! It'll be fine, so long as he doesn't try to play it. Doesn't seem the musical type to me" Going over to what he imagined was a fridge, he opened the door a gave a little "score!" as he reached in and pulled out some cheese, bread and butter, "If you wanna go get it, fine, I'd rather come with you though" HE looked over at CJ, "Not that I don't trust you, but I kind of owe him, and he's a wanted man. And he gives me free booze" He said as he pulled a beer bottle from the fridge before closing it and started to construct what in his mind was to be a work of sandwich art.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 9:50 pm 
Addict

As B-Man enjoyed the company, an off-hand remark by Cap jolted something in his memory.

"MY SAX! MY FUCKING SAXAPHONE!"

Freaking out at forgetting something as important to his livlihood like the vintage Sax would be normal for anyone. Cap did remember though that it was left at the Doc's place on the other side of Central Park.

"Shit, you're right. I did leave it at the Doc's. I'll go back for it after we have something to eat. If you need some cold cuts Cap, there should be a platter of them in the fridge. And don't forget the mustard!"

If only he knew what was going on at Doc's...

Sifu of Corpse Child

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 11:56 am 
Addict

Code:
~STATUS EVALUATION~

Life signs - 3
Threat level - HIGH
Concealment - 99% GUARANTEED
Device priority - RECORDING AUDIO
Mobility - POWERED DOWN
Lighting - POWERED DOWN
Data transmission - POWERED DOWN

~PROCESSING~

INSUFFICIENT DATA ERROR

~DATA REVIEW~

Mode - INTERNAL PLAYBACK

~ksshshhhh~

"We will find them, my good doctor. So don't think that I am keeping you alive just because of whatever information you may hold. All you do is slow down the inevitable. We will find them, yes, and when we do, we will show them what is left of you. Every... last... piece..."

~ksshshhhh~

"...don't think that I am keeping you alive just because of..."

~ksshshhhh~

"We will find them, yes..."

~ksshshhhh~

"Every... last... piece..."

~ksshshhhh~

BANG!!

-whump-

Code:
~STATUS EVALUATION~

Life signs - 2
Threat level - HIGH
Concealment - 87% GUARANTEED
Device priority - RECORDING/PLAYBACK AUDIO
Mobility - POWERING UP
Lighting - POWERED DOWN
Data transmission - POWERED DOWN

~PROCESSING~

Mobility output - 100%

~LOCATING~

Destination - ACQUIRED
Departure - IMMEDIATE

The small thin recording device silently withdrew into the exhaust shaft and back into B-5. Slowly it lifted into the air and swept off deeper into the twisted maze of piping that lead to the exhaust fan atop the roof. Luckilly for B-5 the fans were never running this late...

"So yeah, get this... then she tells me that it's my brothers'! Can you believe that shit?!"

"Ouch, man. Rough luck. So what'd you tell her?"

"Fuck, I told that bitch I was going out for some air and that she'd better be gone by the time I got back."

"The hell? Jesus, Rick, are you serious?"

"Damn right I am! Listen, James, if that dirty whore wants to shack up with my brother and make HIM a father, she can get the bloody hell out of-"

"Shhhh..." James set down his cigarette and lifted his rifle, motioning for Rick to quiet, "You hear that?"

Rick strained for a second in the silence, trying to make out what it was that made his partner cautious. "... Sounds like a little banging noise. Probably a rat in the vent or something." He reached over and picked up James' cigarette and took a hit. "As I was saying..."

James batted the cig away with the tip of his gun. It toppled beyond Rick's grasp and fell over the edge of the roof. Rick sighed and looked down at it sadly. "Shut up, damnit! Seriously... you saw the inside of this place. Do you really think there could be a rat anywhere in here? No. Something's working its way through the vents. Something or someone is trying to escape."

"D-dd... do you think it's him?" Rick's face went pale as he pulled his rifle close to him and began pointing it around nervously. "I mean, you heard what they said, right? He's like a fucking Terminator!"

"I doubt it's him. Sounds too light. Metal on metal..."

"AAAH! It's his brain! He let it out of his head and it's coming to kill us!!"

James stood and socked Rick in the jaw. "Shut the hell UP! It's not his brain, goddamnit!! Look, whatever it is, it's coming from that vent right the-"

The metal grating on the exhaust fan flew off in a 10 foot verticle arc over the two soldiers' heads. Rick immediately yelped and began unloading his weapon wildly into the now open fan. James, who was a little more level headed, dropped to the ground, and not a moment too soon. From inside the darkened space beyond the missing grating, a fan blade whipped out at blinding speed straight for Rick.

The soldier had barely enough time to register surprise on his face before the blade seperated his hear from his body. His knees buckled and he slumped back, his weapon still firing off blindly into the sky.

B-5 zipped out of the open shaft and raced off in the direction of B-Man and the Cap.

Last edited by Xanilus on Tue Aug 30, 2005 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 12:48 pm 
Addict

"Mustard scotch beer and cigs, mustard scotch beer and cigs" Hummed the Captain absent mindedly to himself whilst chewing on his sandwich, "Isn't it funny" he said with a mouthful, "how One moment you're beating the shit out of some guy, and then.." Swig of beer, drag of rollie "You're eating and drinking like nothing happened"

Handing everyone their own edible artwork he continued to chew his down his own. As he did he could feel a small chill come over him, "Oh no..."

Just about to bite into his food, B-man stopped and glared with a mixture of boredom and annoyance, "What? Everytime you do this it's bad, and you've been doing it a lot since I met you"

Indigo didn't respond, he just stood there chewing slowly staring at the wall, in his mind's eye, he had made contact with B-5 and was watching the recording of what had just happened, Holy fuck...

He felt sick, the food in his mouth instantly turned against him, saliva building up in preperation but quickly he swallowed and started to breath deeply to calm himself down, "Don't come here directly" he transmitted back to the small unit "You could be expected to have been there, a fiasco like that wasn't for his own pleasure alone"

"Understood, I will create a more diversive route" Was his reply

A cold sweat had begun to build up over his body, the feeling he was going to be sick again had come back, staggering to a nearby chair he sat down ungracefully and retched, The others started becoming worried around him, Why!? WHY!? What is going on here!? What the fuck did he deserve that for!? "FUCK!" He said with no warning and smashed the bottle in his hand "Dah! Guh....Fuck, great..." He said looking at his beer covered hand wiping on his trousers and placing the remnants of his sandwich on the table, "What's Going on?"

It took a moment for it to come out, but it did, "The Doc's dead, we lead him right there" He said coldly. A silence fell across the room, The rage building in him was unbearable, he'd almost killed him earlier, and he could have, this whole scenario could have been avoided if only he'd...no... that's not the way to think, this is all about him, and he has to die, but first, he has to suffer.

As he ended that thought he got up again and walked out of the room, looking around frantically he walked into what looked like a bedroom and went to the far wall and there in a bottom corner was a small vent. Standing there for a moment just looking at it there was a clanging inside and then the grill burst out followed by B-5

"I'm sorry" Indigo said to the hovering unit, although he expected nothing he said to be of any use, he knew that the unit would feel loss, "Go into the main room, we'll show them there and figure out what we can do"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 9:21 pm 
Addict

The sandwich was delicious. Cap sure knew how to work in the kitchen. While enjoying the meal, a look of horror and sickness came up over Cap.

"What? Everytime you do this it's bad, and you've been doing it a lot since I met you."

As he wretched and seemed out of it, B-Man put the sandwich down and tried to get over to Cap but he collected himself and turned to the group.

Cap: "The Doc's dead, we lead him right there."

A pall fell over the room as Cap got up and headed for Lil' B's room. B-Man felt the bile starting to rise up his throat and he pushed it down as he collapsed back into his chair.

"Wha-wha-what? We lead HIM right there? He means...? Oh Dear Gods, no..."

B-Man turns sullen and dejected as he thinks of what the hell happened between them having dinner with Doc and now. By this time, Cap came back into the Living Room with B-5 floating near him.

"B-5? What happened!"

Cap turns to the sphere.

Cap: "Show them."

The images then proceed to flash through the holo-projector. The scene playing out with the audio makes everyone sick to their stomaches. B-Man shows a quiet anger that builds and builds, the Fire in his Eyes start to flare up.

"That bastard...he's taking us out one by one. I can scarcely believe this is real."

B-Man then gets up from his chair with effort and goes towards the window, hands behind his back. The others murmur to each other.

"ENOUGH! I've had enough of this cat and mouse bullshit. If Gatshall finds you that important to him, then that means you're much more important to us. I've been vascillating back and forth with whether I could trust you or not since you are what you are and you do have programming, but THIS! This proves that you're more human than anything Gatshall could ever be."

B then turns around to face the group.

"If it's a war he wants, then he'll have it. DJ, I want you to get in contact with Slick at the Citadel. Tell him to prepare for full armament of the troops. I'll have to show this to T.C. so he can be made aware of the situation. If Gatshall thinks we'll just try to hide or stay in the shadows, then the fucker is sadly mistaken. He's now jumped to number one on my Shit List and I want to crush that damn throat of his until he breaths his last."

B-Man then sits back down in his chair.

"This ends now...time to finish what we started 20 years ago and drive those Limey Pricks back across the Pond."

B turns to Cap.

"Can I have your word you'll tell me everything you know about your brethren and any weaknesses they may have? EMP? Black Hole energy?"

Sifu of Corpse Child

Post subject: Sacral Awakening
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 5:38 pm 
Addict

"Adam’s Apple. Their neck, I mean. Chances are they haven’t found a way to re-enforce it yet... its way to hard to reinforce. Hand to hand is a really bad way to go with these guys, as they have probably had some heavy Nuro-surgery done on them and we have no chance in hell to best their training... and... Long range weaponry is only good at surprising them. Mid range firearms? Cap, what tech enhancements do you have? "

DJ shook his head. Things were moving. Things were coming back to waking. Animal... Bestial... and Chaos were on the rise. Bad combo... for those that pissed him off. As he continued to plan and think, a manic grin started to crawl upon his face. This feeling of anticipation... it was the feeling of about to indulge. As good as sex, as good as food was the Sin of Wrath.

"I'll call Slick. I've seen him work. They’ll be pretty good. Top of the line for Civvies... heh heh heh."

The Beast reached into his coat pocket... and drew out Death... and smiled.

- Stephen Crane

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 7:12 am 
Addict

Whilst everything transgressed around him, Indigo rolled up another cigarette shaking manically and sweating over the paper. Controlling the urge to run right out of the building, find Gatshall and just murder him whist singing thanks to the darkest deamons of hell was difficult, but he was doing it with admirable decorum.

Just about to answer the weakness question DJ skipped infront of him with answers, a quick memory analysis pretty much confirmed it in general, but as an actual method, he would prefer something a little more solid. It would be no stretch of his imagination that anything that had been augmented on himself and his old team mates would have been perfected and advanced on himself.

He Sighed and shook his head, "I don't really know anything about them, I...I can't remember....Or I never really knew" Taking a quick drag of his cigarette he ran another diagnostic on the electronics in his body and any biological elements that could be searched, Looking in specific for memory storage and putting it up with an estimate of space it should take to know anything about anything, a basic memory space check. It was nominal, "Clever bastard..." Looking at the others he gave a quick nod and took anoter drag, "All memory that I might have had was never contained within my head, it's kept in a link up somewhere else, just a bank of knowlage that I could access freely and safely. Induced short term memory loss to guaruntee that if I ever went awol... I would never reveal anything"

Pacing around a bit he considered, "I could..." He looked at the little assembly of people, "I could link back up. Get the information I need, and some that I shouldn't have, probably do some damage."

Another drag.

"But it might...reset me, turn me back, I could be under again, Shit!" He paced more vigorously now, "It's too risky, I wouldn't know what to expect at all, and I could just kill you guys right here and now, I don't think....B-5?"

The floating unit which had patiently swayed around in the air, slightly lost, turned to the captain, "Yes?"

"...Would it be possible to create a support link up through you to the database?"

"It would"

"Hrmm..." Indigo pondered slowly smoking now, concentrating and focusing rather than racing around, "B-5...B-5 could be my saftey switch, anything that looks like a restart code or, or, or somthing that could be agressive, anything, you could cut me off right there couldn't you?"

"My programming has limited data available on this type of procedure, but it his theoretically possible. Although, this could cause some serious damage to your biological nural network if you were to only receive a partial code, scizophrenia is the most likely, plus the code may be subversive and non-detectable my..."

"I don't care, you could relay anything important to them if I were to be, heh, 'put out of commission'. And besides, I have a restart code"

There were a few stares of various shock and suprise, "What? If I had any serious inflictions, went into shock or needed to look dead, I would be brought back with this. And as I'm not connected, I wouldn't be turned, so don't worry too much about that" After musing for a while, he nodded to himself and said, "Right, it'll be done, but not now. It's too dangerous for it to be done here, somewhere more secure, somwhere I can be locked and under survailance, just incase"

While he said he, he couldn't believe he was actually going to do it, I might kill them, I could turn back and never return...I might even be all buddy buddy with him... He decided that it would be prudent to write a code that if he were to loose current brain fuctionality and be within proximity of Gatshall for any extended amount of time, he should activate the time dilation but without the heatsinks. There were far more worse things than death, far too many.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 1:02 pm 
Addict

B-5 calculated the risks involved. "I'm coming up with a 32.33... repeating, of course, percentage of success. This may not be a very wise course of actions."

The Cap just scoffed as he removed his hat and started to make the preps for the link-up.

Much in the way that robotic intelligence cannot, B-5 attempted a sigh and began to prepare himself as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 3:12 pm 
Addict

Calculated risks must always include the odds of failure, amidst the odds for success, to be truly called a 'calculated' risk. There is a minor fraction of possible outcome which cannot be predicted. Neither success nor failure... this ouctome, as they say, 'defies the odds'. There of course is little leeway given to the drastic and unpredictable occurance of such events, but by their very nature, they cannot be foreseen.

When one takes a risk, one must keep in mind that not everything is heads or tails.

B-5 hung in the air, a small port opened awaiting the transfer cable. As Cap extended it to it's length and moved in for the connection, everyone held their breath.

With luck, the connection would establish a link-up which the Captain could use to plan an attack. The wrong kind of luck, and everyone in the room could be dead within minutes.

B-5, being a machine with limited programed emotions, showed no fear.

Cap leaned in...

*CLICK*

"I think it's working... I'm getting..."

"VWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!"

B-5 shot across the room and slammed into the wall, breaking the connection, as B-Man and the others ducked for cover.

"WE'RE GONNE DIE!" Lil B shouted from behind the couch.

Cap blinked. "Uh, um... I haven't been reset. We're cool."

"We're cool?" B-man asked, poking his head out of the kitchen. "What the hell was that, then?"

"I don't know... I think the connection was too much for our little friend to handle..." he started to make his way over to B-5, who was held in place in a dent created in the wall.

"Indigo." a voice spoke from the small device. Cap froze.

B-5 seperated from the wall and hovered closer. A small port flipped open, and the imaging array cracked to life. On the screen, a young woman, dressed in lab coat and glasses, looked around, then back at the screen.

"Indigo... hello. I'm sure... I'm pretty sure you don't remember me." she shook her head, pushing away memories, "Fuck, I shouldn't have let it go on so far... Look, Indigo, you have to listen to me. If you're seeing this, then you've made it out. It means that our plan has succeeded, and you're on the outside. Unfortunately, it also probably means two more things... that one, the hardest part is your next step... and that I am probably dead." She bit her lip and looked away, more to avoid the camera than to check for security.

Cap started to move closer to the screen as the otehrs brushed themselves off and moved to join him; curiousity building within them.

"Let me explain, since I'm sure you're not even aware of what's happenning to you right now. About two months ago, after learning of what the government was hoping to accomplish with you as its weapon, we conspired... planned... a way to break you out.

"I built a minor virus subroutine into your neural net which would temprarilly disable your control mechanism. In short, it would give you back your free will, for approximately 26 hours. Unfortunately, with the control commands so routed into your being, when they went offline, so would your memory. So in essence, you would no longer be a dog of the military... but you wouldn't know who, or even what, you were. Aside from the obvious, of course. Simple facts here and there that the military hadn't been able to whipe from your mind. But I'm straying topics..."

She paused, then looked around carefully before turning back to the screen. She lifted something off the desk in front of her. "Hidden in a skin graft on your back, you will find these... they are component chips. The first one," she nodded to the one in her left hand, "will completely block out the command circuitry, override the military programming, and return your memory in full capacity. There is a slim port in the center bay of your scalp. Slip this chip in, and you will never have to worry about being a puppet weapon again." She lowered her head. "I'm sorry I couldn't install it for you here. To see you smile again. If I had done that, then you would not have been able to make it out of the complex. No... I had to make sure that you could get out first, and <i>then</i> install it. But since I cannot be there, that's what these instructions are for. In fact, chances are that you're viewing this from a monitor somewhere after trying to link up to the main satellite to find some answers. Doing so triggered an upload which ultimately lead to you viewing this now... wherever you are..."

B-5 bobbed for a second, but immediately stopped when Cap shot out both hands and grabbed the small device, holding it still.

"Now... the second chip." she motioned to the other chip in her right hand. "This chip contains the complete GPS tracking information for Gatshall and the rest of the Genesis Soldier Project, as well as detailed information on battle formations, squad positioning, what types of weaponry they are equipped with... and is also the completing circuit for the doomsday device Gatshall intended for you to operate. Whatever happens, you must NOT let this chip fall into that man's hands! Use the information on it as best you can, but if it looks like he will get ahold of it, I want you to destroy it!"

She set the chips down and composed herself. "Indigo, please. You're the only one that can stop that man..." she hesitated a moment, then bowed her head. "I'm sorry for what I did to you. What I helped to turn you into. If you can find it in your heart... if they've left you any heart at all... please forgive me."

Without raising her head, she lifted her arm to the side of the screen, and with a click the screen went black.

Cap let go of B-5, who caught himself and began to hover once more.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 9:46 pm 
Addict

B-Man had been stewing in his chair after hearing of the Doc's death. Once things started going on between B-5 and Cap, his curiosity overrode his immediate need for bloody vengeance. After the two connected for less than a second, the sight of a whizzing metal ball careening into the nearby wall made all of them duck for cover. When they looked up to make sure it was all clear, there was a somewhat distorted feminine voice emanating from B-5's speakers. It sounded like the recording or the transmission was incomplete and as a result things didn't sound or look as good as any vidphone. Thankfully there were enough of the vid file to let it play.

As B-Man and the others got up to see the file, the image of an "angel" from beyond, so to speak, started talking about someone named Indigo.

Indigo, so that's his real name huh? Or perhaps his Code Name for the Project.

The vid file continued to play as the female scientist discussed something about a false tracking graft that really held two chips for Cap to use in his fight against Gatshall. As the video file ended and B-5 regained his ability to hover, B-Man started thinking.

"Hmm...that fills in some of the cracks but this still works me the wrong way. Do you know what she's talking about with that graft?"

Cap: Yes I do. The doc saw it and removed it from my body when he was doing my exam. It looked like a regular tracking graft that was broken into two but it looks like it was a falsehood...oh SHIT!

"What? Don't you have them?"

Cap: No, Doc still has them...that is had them. As far as I knew they were a tracking graft and I sure as hell didn't want it on me anymore. By now though, Gatshall probably took them from Doc before leaving. We can never get them back.

B5: This is not necessarily true, gentlemen.

The floating toaster entered the conversation in his emotionless chatter.

B5: Just as our Internal Security sounded at the incursion, I saw my Master take the graft, stuff it into a latex glove and store it in the Biohazard container for syringes, gloves and whatnot.

"Wait...Gatshall didn't know about the graft. Or if he did, he figured it was a normal tracker albeit damaged and not transmitting. As a result, he wouldn't have asked about it or actively tried to search for it. It could still be there at Doc's!"

The mood in the room started to pick up at the thought of finding the key they needed to get the upper hand on the HM Expeditionary Forces in North America and maybe finally bring this guerrilla war to an end.

"Cap...or should I call you Indigo?"

Cap: I prefer Cap...since that's what you named me. No sense in calling me that Code Name anymore since I'm not working for them anymore.

"Understood...Cap, you're coming with me back to Doc's. We'll get those chips and pray they're still there...and hopefully it'll be empty of any soldiers. DJ, you still need to get in contact with Slick. Make sure he knows that this is the Big Time now. Bro, you need to let T.C. know that I'm gonna be coming in with some info and that he needs to call in the Benefactors and Commanders. Take B-5 with you and whisper to him the potential for Code Black. Don't let anyone else hear you say that. He'll know that this is coming from me and he won't push you off to the side like he does normally."

B-Man then leaves the group and heads for the Sales Room to procure some added Firepower:

- 1 TW Railgun
- Stealth Cloak
- Bandolier with a dozen Plastique and two EMP grenades
- Two .45 Colts with two extra clips a piece
- His trusty Cowboy Hat

Emerging from the Sales Area, he nods to Cap.

"I'm sure you'll want to load up just in case we meet any "resistance."

After he loaded up, Cap and B-Man left to head back for Doc's place while Lil' B went with B-5 to "rally the generals."

Sifu of Corpse Child

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next