ZOMBIE FORUMS

It's a stinking, shambling corpse grotesquely parodying life.
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:18 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Too hot for socks
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 11:29 am 
Addict

"Three point twoooo... five nine seven six." She said as she looked through the scope of her rifle measuring the distance of her target, a small bouse rat. Of course, small for a bouse rat was three feet long not including the tail.

As she watched it forage around a small bush, she couldn't help feel that it was a shame to kill it, it was far enough away not to trouble her, but there were bigger things out there and it was a baby, if the mother was nearby it would make itself known soon. Readying herself she gently squeezed the trigger and fired a shot. The six foot rifle bearly made a sound as it spat out a small depleted uranium charge shot from the end, two second later the bouse rat's head exploded with a satisfying radius, "Yea-hea, my baby" She purred as stroked the smooth matt black and suprisingly featureless contraption, with only a few outlets and a large scimtar shaped blade coursing along the underside of the overly long barrel. Standing up from behind the small mound she had rested on for the shot Karen made her way down the steep cliff face.

When she was a few meters from the bottom she jumped down from a precipice and landed on the soft sand that had blown up against the rocky cliff face, remaining in a low landing position observing her surroundings and watching for any movement that might affront her. When she decided it was safe enough to stand she bagan to button up her long brown over coat, the bottom ones first then the top. The collar reached just under her eyes, reaching in through the gaps between the buttons she placed a small tube into her mouth and sucked on it receiving small amounts of bitter water.

Happy with that she flicked a large flap hood over the top of her raven black tied up gypsy hair, grabbed the rifle with her gloved hands and using it as a staff she walked out from the shadow of the cliff and into the seering heat of the vast and flat desert.

Two hours later she spied what she was looking for, Nesbrim Gaxul, a small yet bustling oasis which had been there for longer than anyone can remember. Tall metal spikes and torn sheets of steel stuck out of the ground awkwardly casting shadows which were full of travellers like herself surrounding betting stalls and produce sellers, mostly dried meats, dried fruits, dried vegetables and powdered condiments. All were fixed in place in the permanent cool shade of the monolithic metal growths, some had even been stung together with ropes and fabrics to make more shelter from the intense heat of the suns.

Karen payed no heed to the calling and jeering of the crowds, she had no need for the items that they held, she carried everything she needed from town to town.

Meandering through the forest of metal and tents she walked on through to the oasis itself, the water tube that she had been sucking on had dried up not long before she had arrived and her only need was to refill the bladder strapped to her her waist.

As she closed in on the oasis she entered the shadow that was cast over it, removing her hood she looked up at the gargantuan object that had eclipsed the sun. People had their own stories of how it got there, what it had been, who made it and what it was used for, no one really knew for sure, but all the tall tales and stories could never justify the fact that it was there, what worried Karen was what it was connected to underneath the ground.

As she entered the walls of the Oasis, the eternal night cast down by the enormous metallic clawed hand was, she had to admit, a welcome change.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 3:36 am 
Addict

She didn't even go farther then three steps till a man started to walk next to her, matching her stride for stride.

"It's about time you got here. He doesn't like to be kept waiting... but then again, he sent me. I don't mind as much. So, He asks for your presence tonight. He sais that there are some things that he needs to talk to you about. Meet him at his club, at sundown. Any questions?"

- Stephen Crane

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 1:56 pm 
Addict

"Hmm, There's always something to talk about with him" she said with a dry smile, "haaah... tell him I'll be there soon, I need to freshen up a bit first. And..." She brought out a small coin, "Tell him I found it in the south boarder." Handing over she turned down a street and walked through more streets.

Finally reaching what seemed to be her destination, an unremarkable door of an unremarkable building she quickly slinked into it. The cool dark of the vacant vestibule that turned to stairs turned into a large spacious room, dimly lit by the twilight that came through the rough wooden roof. There was nothing but a round bowl big enough to sleep in and a small ledge made of the stone that the room was comprised of. Reaching up to a pipe that ran through the room from wall to wall she turned a valve that was conveniently placed above the bowl, cold water poured out of it.

Karen laughed to herself, "people never learn" she commented to herself and began to strip.