ZOMBIE FORUMS

It's a stinking, shambling corpse grotesquely parodying life.
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:11 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Too hot for socks OOC
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 11:37 am 
Addict

I'm on a roll, seriously.

This'll be fun, I promise.

Free for all, powers, abilities, High Technology, all within non overpowered range are more than welcome.

It doesn't have to be earth, the future, the past or whatever, I don't mind, I'm going on the backburner for this one in general, I'd just like to see people doing some RPing and this is open enough for pretty much anything.

The place itself does need to be in constant sun though. They are always in the same place casting permanent shadow. The only rule really.

I'll have a character Bio up soon. Have fun.

Karen Sharo DeNexier (Kah-ren Shah-Row Dee-Nee-zee-er)

Karen was born on the expanse between the wasteland and the borderland, growing up with her parents as a traveler wasn't particularly tough and she had a good youth, the area near the borderlands is richer than those further away, seeing much of the sun baked planet and even venturing dangerously close to the sun's chair. She left her parents with no quarrel; she just felt the need to live by her own and occasionally tracks them down to trade supplies and stories.

Her life on her own has been a mixture of good and bad, at an early age she joined in the war between effort against the violators, a group of anarchists who live to fight to the keepers of life. During this time she gathered many highly technological artifacts mostly sold or traded but notably she kept one thing, her Rifle.

A six foot long and bland matt black construct it has no obvious signs aside from its size that say it's beyond the level of a normal sniper rifle just sprayed black. The ammunition it fires, depleted uranium bullets, are surprisingly easy for her to obtain due to her involvement in the war. The only other feature is the mounted blade it comes with, a long thin curve tipped scimitar like blade running along the underside of the barrel, not quite a bayonet but it does turn the extremely accurate ranged weapon into a perfectly viable and very deadly melee weapon.

That was only a year after she left her parents and for the last seven has been roaming from outpost to city to town to hideout in order to keep the peace and quell any violator uprisings that may occur, although none have been reported since the end of the war. Her major source of income is controlling some of the beasts that roam the planet, from Skinnits to Boule Rats and even the occasional apocalypse causing Kargen she keeps some of the more venerable outposts from harm for a modest fee.

Pleasant enough to talk to yet a very reticent woman not shy just not too chatty, She has never had many friends as the term goes but she has traveled across many miles with many people for many reasons, and is never afraid to travel with others again so long as it's going the way that she had planned out.

Karen is not human; she has dark furry long ears that hide easily but uncomfortably amongst her unruly hair. She is very thin and slender, partially malnourished but mostly trained and ripped due to the intense amount of traveling and energy loss that comes with it. Elfen features with dark blue eyes under heavy set lids and slightly fuller than normal lips, oddly attractive but not entirely undesirable.

Places of interest:

- The Sun's Chair, the hottest and most volatile place on the planet. Directly under the sun it has turned into a barren wasteland, even more so than the rest of the planet. Volcanoes are rife and lava is constantly pouring out of somewhere. Not a lot lives here, especially not plants. The only things that are known to live here are Kargen, Vikboule rats and urman.

- Wasteland, the desert expanse that covers the entire of the light side of the planet. Ranging from fine desert to salt plains no plants survive the intense heat even with water. Outposts and cities dot around the vast wasteland, divided into many tribal areas that constantly change there are remnants of a civilization that used to live here, staggeringly advanced nobody is sure of what they were or even if they are the descendants, the only things left behind are the gargantuan metallic body parts strewn across the planet. Questions are never answered and only whispered such is the intimidating size of them although a few do explore within the structures only finding more questions.

- Borderland, The aura of dusk that circumvents the planet. A mixture of cultures and climates are to be found here, from simple farming hamlets to skyscraping cities, these people mostly keep to themselves with the aid of the carnivorous valleys and cliffs that the centuries of wind have pushed up and gouged, separating the wasteland from the borderland from all but the most adventurous, hardy and desperate to escape.

- Dark side, nothing is known about the Icy expanse that must cover this foreboding land, few have ventured into it far enough to find anything without returning covered in frostbite, lucky enough to only loose their limbs. People often say that there must be people alive over there, lights have been spotted in the sunless environment more than once but no one has ever been able to make contact.

Due to the separating of the wasteland and the borderland, not a lot of people that live in the deserts know anything about the borderland people, and don't even know the existence of snow.

The borderland is a mix of time cultures as mentioned; it just ranges from dusky to night.

Animals -

Point, the borderland has nothing vastly amazing or particularly dangerous, just the average, but there are always exceptions.

- Boule rats, large rat like creatures but with a thick scaly hide instead of fur. Full grown males can grow to twenty feet long excluding tail, which will usually be around an extra third on top.

- Vikboule rats, Cousins of the boule but much hardier due to their environment and uglier.

- Skinnit, Think a very long solid armoured spider and you're pretty much there. The body can be the size of a small car and stand upright and very tall on their legs.

- Urman, Big worms that are again armoured due to the harsh conditions of the sun's chair. Rarely do they venture out as the ground offers none of the supplementary nutrients of the volcanic soil.

- Kargen, Well, armoured, big, ugly and angry are vast understatements. Like a pug mouthed crocodile with six legs, it doesn't crawl on it's belly but you'll wish it did. The scales that cover its body are virtually indestructible, the only recorded thing that's tougher are the scales on its back. The biggest recorded at two hundred and ninety five feet, it flattened fifteen outposts before returning to the chair killing over seven hundred people in one go. They can travel from anything up to ninety miles an hour for an undetermined period of time, but one was seen running over seventy for three hours. Truly a beast from hell, nobody is quite sure what they use for sustenance.

- Spigman, found both in the borderland and the wasteland, they live underground snatching people into their dens with their long amorphous tentacles. Shelled beasts that never moves from its den and can survive decades between meals, nobody apart from those that study them have ever seen them.

Many other exotic beasts roam the lands, either undiscovered or pestilent in their nature; they are a constant danger to those who don't take care.

People of interest:

Keepers of life - These are a group of people that have devoted their life to discovering what has happened to the planet they live on and trying to create a more balanced environment for future generations by planting trees and other flora throughout the boarder lands and wastelands, splicing and cross-pollinating with mixed results.

Violators - anarchist in all sense of the term, mad with rage at the injustice of their life in the wasteland they went to war with the keepers of life believing that they were responsible for what happened to the planet and were trying to make amends. Nobody has heard of them since their disbanding.

Boarder Landers - generalized yes, but these are people that lead what could be called normal lives in their eternal darkened states, from simple farming villages producing fruit vegetables and livestock that is sold and traded with people that live in the cities, cities with skyscrapers electricity and running water, some of the more reclusive have higher technology. They are heavily intolerant of the people that come from the wasteland looking for a new life in the city, mostly due to their lack of knowledge about the world that exists there and so try to deter immigrants with varying success. On the flip side many of the boarder Landers like to travel to the wastelands for adventure purposes, to find hidden fortunes or to trade for higher prices. This is the home of the keepers of life.

Waste Landers – again generalized, the people that live here are usually nomadic by nature, moving in large caravans from one place to the other, discovering new artifacts that exist in the world and then selling the co-ordinates to border Landers for large sums of money. Some set up camps in the shadows of the ancient structures that jut out of the ground and oases that are beginning to get to few and far between.

I realise that all this will likely contradict itself, but the world can never be at the same pace and things like this can happen, so just get used to it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 10:55 am 
n00b

I'm such a n00b. x___X I hope that doesn't affect your judgment on me.

Anyway, let me know if there's any glitches to be fixed. I'll most likely make some mistakes here and there...

Mae-Lynn Marie Bellanger

Mae-Lynn, or Mae as she is prefers to go by, is a young Borderlander woman, daughter of the well-known trader Henry Bellanger and the famous craftsman Andrea Larousse. She grew up in ritzy home with three older brothers and a baby sister. Her parents, having the help of her older siblings, never included her in "the family business," despite her remarkable talent.

Mae has the ability to create artisitc masterpieces with merely her right index finger. No one knows how this strange case of telekinesis developed in the young woman, and her family is more baffled by it rather than impressed or proud of the talent.

Mae-Lynn, ever since she was a small girl, had always been more adventurous than her older brothers. She would always poke around the city, in spite of her parents' scolding. Because of her adventurous spirit, she is close with almost all of the vendors, farmers, and craftsman that inhabit the main cities of the Borderland.

Other than her strage, amber-colored eyes, Mae has no distinct features that set her apart from the Borderlanders. She has the same, pale-hued skin, and pretty chestnut hair that reaches down to her shoulder with long bangs that reach the very top of her eyes. She prefers to dress more casual than her rich family, usually pulling on a pair of grey trousers or skirt and a loose tank top with a few articles of jewelry and such.

Mae is a bit tougher than she looks. She was popular growing up, but never to be undersetimated, and socialized with both men and women in her young adult years. Her head-strong nature has calmed a bit since her adolescent years, but there is no doubt that Mae still has a fighting, adventurous spirit in her.

She currently resides in the same area she grew up in, working in a small art shop owned by her parents.

I hope that was alright... Do let me know if something is wrong or if something should be added, I don't want to twist your idea too much. x___X

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 5:12 am 
Addict

You are indeed new here, but that's fine. Just becareful of the others, they're in general crazier than I.

As far as the bio goes, it's fine, i really don't mind how you go about this or the way you want to pull the story, it's all good in general because that's what makes it more fun. We could do with more people though, but I don't hold up for it...

By the way, this forum really is dead for RP's, but we can but try.