ZOMBIE FORUMS

It's a stinking, shambling corpse grotesquely parodying life.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:23 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2002 10:44 pm 
Local

Chris that last post ended with .. "I am just following orders" I do not believe that to be accurate. you do not meerly enforce rules, you tend to enforce your whim (at times) and your own idea of RP . Further there are so many people who look to you for the lead in RP. Did you ever bother going to the RP links i suggested a couple of weeks back? The most common phrase here in regards to change is - but we have always done it this way - or some equivalent. I think Deepwalker is wanting to move to teh next step in things, as I myself have been trying to suggest since the day this board came into existance.

So what I am trying to decide for myself at this point is ..
1) Do we set the wolf to guard the sheep .. especially considering he hasn't eaten in a few weeks
2) Would having a specific moderator he RP, or would it just cause it to stay the same.
See, as I see it now Chris will be voted in no matter what anyone does/ says .. Why? Beacuse there are 63 members of this foum of which there may be 15 (maybe) active participants, I bet that less than 12 vote so that means chris just needs 7 yes votes . well I assume he is going to vote for himself as will teh people who dont care one way or another ... lets say thats 1/4 of teh rp pop here .. so that is 3 more (4 total( so Chris only needs 3 more votesI can virtually assure people that that will happen ... So why not just go along with it, you say .. Because I learned a long time ago it is not the ends but the means .. or another way of saying it it is that it is the process not the product.

Note that at no point have I revealed how I would vote. I could go any of 3 ways . yea, nay, abstain ...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2002 11:43 pm 
Addict

No, I refuse to vote for myself.

I never have when it comes to voting for things no matter what the circumstances.

I as a matter of fact am abstaining.

It would be unfair to vote for myself in my opinion.

Any time that I'm against someone for votes I don't vote for myself and any time that its me and more than one other person I vote for one of the others.

Unless the two others are complete and utter incompetents in which case I abstain.

Don't assume that I'm going to vote for myself just because most people are self centered enough to do it themselves.

I'm done now.

What are you implying by a wolf guarding the sheep?

Also, I expect people to vote for me based on my merit, not on my popularity.

I hate popularity contest.

If they vote otherwise its them, not me.

I feel like I'm on that weakest link show tryin' to explain why I'd vote someone off,
The Sinister Chris

PS: I hate that Weakest Link lady.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2002 12:26 am 
Local

Quote:
On 2002-02-14 22:43, The Sinister Chris wrote:
No, I refuse to vote for myself.

I never have when it comes to voting for things no matter what the circumstances.

I as a matter of fact am abstaining.

It would be unfair to vote for myself in my opinion.

Any time that I'm against someone for votes I don't vote for myself and any time that its me and more than one other person I vote for one of the others.

Unless the two others are complete and utter incompetents in which case I abstain.

Don't assume that I'm going to vote for myself just because most people are self centered enough to do it themselves.

I'm done now.

I personally always vote for whomever is best qualified and most likely to perform the job. If that is me then I vote for myself, if it is someone else I drop out of the race and throw my support to that person .. I have managed (and helped win) many campaigns this way. It isn't self centred its upholding your rights and responsibilities ... That is why when I could vote I voted for Either Alan Keyes or Howard Philips in Presidential Elections .. Did either have a snow balls chance in a hot place of winning? NO but they got my vote anyways. Now that I cannpt vote (for only a short term) I intend to convince people who wouldn't vote to get out and vote to replace me.
Quote:
What are you implying by a wolf guarding the sheep?

I mean there are a lot of people that say Bahh Bahh in RP around you ... and you tend to be rather aggressive in things ... BTW Wolves gaurding sheep is where we got dogs from ...

Quote:

Also, I expect people to vote for me based on my merit, not on my popularity.

I hate popularity contest.

If they vote otherwise its them, not me.

Sorry Bud, very few people tend to vote on issues .. its popularity and personality. You really don;t want me to get into this argument (especially in reference to this referendum)

Quote:
I feel like I'm on that weakest link show tryin' to explain why I'd vote someone off,
The Sinister Chris

PS: I hate that Weakest Link lady.

OK if you wouldn't vote for yourself whom would you vote for? Who here is a better candidate than you?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2002 9:03 pm 
Addict

I'm not sure who I'd vote for.

I'd have to look at the list of people real quick.

I'll post again in an hour or so saying who I might vote for.

If not me, who would you vote for Bri?

Would you vote for yourself,
The Sinister Chris

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2002 9:07 pm 
Local

Nope I wouldnt vote for myself .. My views are too far differing from the norm ... Woot post 2k

for whom would I vote ... hmmm there is not a single real RPr who frequents these boards and no one that wants to do it right ... I guess that leaves ... Nobody ...
<br>which has been my argument from the start ... if we are not going to move from the style of RP that is exhibited here tehn I really don't think we need anybody for the job ...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Briareos on 2002-02-15 20:12 ]</font>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2002 1:49 am 
Addict

Well, after much deliberation, I will say this, and say it publicly.

My vote is cast in favor.

Though I know that there are people, as points have been raised, that are against it, and certain proof cannot be seen through speculation, what I am left with is the belief that we won't know until we give it a shot.

And the one thing that really got it for me was the comment that Chris has a lot of friends to lose if he abuses the power. Now, surely online friends are a distance aways, and most likely never meet... (Hence Tree's absurd behavior.) but Chris wouldn't be up for the position if he didn't care enough to be here. There's that, and I'm sure everyone could give suggestions along the way, as he stated, that could mold him better, if need be.

-BiShouNenKaMi
Here's hoping my vote's cast in time. *loks at his watch.*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2002 2:54 am 
Addict

Thanks BiShou, I hoped someone realized how much I love this board.

The people here are like a second family to me.

Well third if you count the EN board as a seperate family, however I don't.

Oh look there's annoying cousin Tree!

He has issues,
The Sinister Chris

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2002 3:45 am 
Native

*kyhm wanders back into the thread. He steps up to the Soap-Box and clears his throat.*

Ok, first off, there were some comments about abstentions, and number of users... I counted it up, and we have 65 users. Me, Chris, and jrh (a test account) don't count, nor do the 8 people in my school team. So there were 54 eligible voters.

Second, I'm counting DeepWalker's vote, even though it wasn't submitted according to the rules, because it really didn't affect the outcome.

In total, there were 10 votes, giving a voter turnout of 18.5%. There were 8 votes for, 2 votes against, 44 abstaining. With 80% of the popular vote, I declare Chris a new Mod of the Roleplaying forum.

*snaps fingers, causing a portable whiteboard to appear behind him with all relevant figures.*

Some very interesting points were raised in this thread, and I'm gonna transmute it into a FAQ section if I get time to breathe.

So, to recap.
<ul><li>Chris' power extends to the Roleplaying forum only. I'd prefer to leave the other forums with the hands-off style we got used to on the Keenspot board.
<li>Chris has assured me he'll be restrained and discuss anything drastic with me first. I believe him, he enjoys RP and has stated repeatedly that the starter of the thread sets the rules.
<li>If Chris pisses you off, Private Message me and bitch about it. We'll work it out. If I think he was justified, you'll have to live with it. If I think he abused the power, I can take it away.
</ul>

Let's try this out, see how it goes. We'll look back on it in a month or two and see if we like it.

*kyhm turns to the whiteboard and grabs a marker. He beckons Chris forward, leans forward, and writes MOD on his forehead.*

Yay. G'night, all.

*stumbles backwards off the Soap-Box, yawns, and wanders out of the thread*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2002 7:57 am 
Addict

All Hail root!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2002 10:48 am 
Addict

I'm SURE I wouldn't vote for me. I know I don't have the qualifications.

I think SC has what it takes. Sure, he can be a bit authorative, but I think he just has a 'this is MY thread and I make the rules' spirit. I don't think he'd meddle much in other threads (well, I think he'd have a comment if a RP idea with 5 people has 7 threads dedicated to it) for the rest I think he'll just be the 'fist' of the thread starter.

Not to mention he IS online a lot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2002 5:11 pm 
Addict

/Chris opens a rift and pulls out a mirror

/Chris looks in the mirror

HEY! I'm not DOM! I can draw more than just stick figures!

Oh well, I'd like to thank all of the little people...

And the medium-sized people and big people too.

I can guarantee that this won't go to my head because the power is going to Chris, not The Sinister Chris.

God, If you gave my Sinister other this power...

He'd rule the world within the week.

Its a Jekyll & Hyde complex, but with more control.

Honestly, there is more control.

I'm serious!

Anyways, now to... Umm... Do stuff!

/Chris blinks out of existance

He know when you're sleeping,
The Sinister Chris

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2002 3:47 am 
Native

He knows if you're awake,
he knows if you've been bad or good,
So be good for goodness sake!

Chris has mod on his head,
Secret Spy

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: The Sinister Chris on 2002-02-17 13:31 ]</font>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2002 4:54 am 
Addict

What? Mod?

Oh yeah! Backwards in a mirror!

/Chris smacks his head

Duh!

Maybe I should replace the d with an M.

It would look like them biker tatoos and stuff!

Or replace the M with a G...

No, the power is not that powerful!

Not yet...

Better yet, replace the O with a U and sing Primus all day!

I got it!

/Chris pulls a marker out of a rift and puts a slash thru the O

Ha! Now I am a l33t m0d!

Its a zero,
The Sinister Chris

EDIT: OMFG! It works! I just edited a minor grammar error in another post! It isn't anything major but it was my first attempt at making the board a better place for all!

Now that I'm over the initial shock that someone gave me a job on the internet...

I think I wait. And observe. Like Superman, except for the fact that I'm not a god-moder.

Yes Superman is a god-moder.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: The Sinister Chris on 2002-02-17 04:00 ]</font>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2002 5:52 am 
Addict

Now THAT is using your powers for good!

Fixing grammar errors, mmm.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2002 2:34 pm 
Addict

See? Look at the bottom of Spy's last post.

The whole "edited by The Sinister Chris."

Thats 'cause Spy can't spell but he says "It isn't his fault, he's special!"

Monkey,
The Sinister Chris

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2002 2:49 pm 
Native

He can do a pretty good job of editing

He's my new spell check
Secret Spy