ZOMBIE FORUMS

It's a stinking, shambling corpse grotesquely parodying life.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:01 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Interested?
Yes 67%  67%  [ 6 ]
No 33%  33%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 9
 Post subject: oWoD Game
PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 1:35 pm 
Addict

I kinda been kicking this idea around in my head for a while now. Would anyone be interested in playing in a World of Darkness game? Any of the supernaturals (Or regular human if you want). General open game. Interested?

- Stephen Crane

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 11:16 am 
Addict

I lack knowledge.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 1:37 pm 
Addict

Location: Hanging in the endless void with nothing but entropy and fluff for company.
Umm...I don't have any of the books, but I'd be willing to try it. I've played one very short story arc with it before.

Jin wrote:
...I cursed at the computer screen for an hour and a half while striking it with my genitals.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 5:28 pm 
Addict

Oh Hell No! This will only end in tears.

"...Just when Anonymous finally thinks he's solved all the mysteries Eva can give him, Sadako-chan has to pop out of the sea of LCL."
-Anonymous(4chan)

- Ancient's son - Deo & Shini-Megami's Dad - Shinigami's Uncle.
- Adoptive father of Nates severed hand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 1:56 pm 
Local

Id definitely be up for it. Ive never actually played a WoD tabletop, but Im somewhat familiar with the rules and stuff and Im the type of asshole who would research like hell just so I could make my character have a plausible hair color in keeping with the setting.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 3:16 pm 
Addict

This will end in fire.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 1:09 am 
Local

Whyyy!

Roleplaying angsty werewolves and vampires is fun for the whole family. And from what Ive seen with the skill and discipline systems, it's a lot easier to play online then something like D&D.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 1:52 am 
Addict

[shameless-plug]Hey guys, how 'bout someone posts in the RP I started instead?[/shameless-plug]

Seriously, Wrin's been the only one so far. Do you just not like my concept?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 11:32 am 
Addict

IcyMonkey wrote:
[shameless-plug]Hey guys, how 'bout someone posts in the RP I started instead?[/shameless-plug]

Seriously, Wrin's been the only one so far. Do you just not like my concept?

In my case, I didn't even know you had a new RP on the Forums.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 9:04 pm 
Local

Eh, freeform ain't my kinda thing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 9:44 am 
Addict

I think I'm going to try it. Here is what you need to know for starters.

There are a bunch of supernatural factions, as in different creatures.

Vampires
Werewolves
Other Were Creatures Called Fera
Fey (Called Changlings)
Mages
Mummies
Demons
Hunters
Wraiths

There are regular humans with extra ordinary powers. Practitioners of magic (sorcerers), People with ESP (Numina), and people semi related to the other supernaturals. I know the world well enough to work something out for whatever you want to do.

I want this to be freeform... just don't create God.

Oh, and I do want these character's powers to be based off of the game, but this still opens the door for quite a lot.

I'll create the game thread in a week.

I also need to do a reminder here. One of the hardest things I've found in roleplaying, is roleplaying ignorance. You do not need to know everything in the game to play, simply because ignorace is abundant in the oWOD. It's been noted by a few of my freinds that in most stories, they don't even give names to Vampire powers. They just have them.

- Stephen Crane

Last edited by Chaos on Fri Jun 23, 2006 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 10:07 am 
Native

Excellent.
If it can be done through this forum, then Im in.

Blue Sun Missile
will read up on the links now

Mages look very interesting so far....

Last edited by Grimmy on Fri Jun 23, 2006 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 10:13 am 
Addict

As for my own character, I've wanted to play this guy for years.

Larry the Malkavian
Gen: ???
History: ??? In reality, no one really wants to know. Camarilla files show that he was actually there for the founding of said organization, but he has made suprisingly little impact on the world. At this time anyone who sees him describes him only as "creepy". Clad in a cloak that has been patched and fixed so many times it looks more like a colection of rags then a garment, this vampire simply survives, going city to city. His most noteable characteristic is his inability to refer to himself in the sigular.
There are references to him actually being named Laccius, but another strange figure by the name of JD forced him to change his name in order to "fit in" better.
Those who are skilled in perception sometimes notice a powerful ghost following him around. No one really knows why.

Appearance: Constantly slouching, but on the few times he has pulled himself to his full height he looks to be 6 foot even or so. He looked prepetually half starved and like he has been days without sleep. The best term is that he has been "through hell". All of this does not affect his abilities however.

- Stephen Crane

Last edited by Chaos on Fri Jun 23, 2006 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 10:28 am 
Native

Spono
Gen: Boy
History: It all started with the right question at the wrong time.

"Why?"

They say that every action has an equal and opposite reaction, as is the case for this child. His "Avatar" took its shape in the form of an imaginary friend, and has twisted things to insure its dominance over the boy only known as Spono. Much of what was known of this child was lost, and for Spono's delicate psyche, it is better that way. All that has been revealed is that some tragic event in his past sparked the awakening of His avatar, Kuchada, and the two have had a co dependant existance ever since. Kuchada unleashes his powers as an answer to events that are sometimes manipulated to get Spono to react. Only when Spono questions the logic of something with his child like innocence can Kuchada use his powers to alter reality in such a way that it satisfies the child's curiousity. They say that "Kuchada" draws his persona from a splintering of the childs mind, and that if that part of him ever gets full control, All hell will break loose. This may be what has led to Spono never aging, with references to past times slipping out in conversations hinting that Spono is much more than he appears to be. Usually withdrawn and quiet, the most astonishing part of this child is his utter lack of fear for anything. He faces the darkest the world has to offer with a smile and a giggle, with his "Friend" there to always protect him. What will happen when he meets up with the next people who feel the needs to "protect" this child. And what happened to the last ones who did?

Blue Sun Missile
making up his first attempt as he went along

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 12:10 pm 
Addict

Make an OOC thread for this. I might post something.

"Oh, look who it is / It's my supportive wife/ And she thinks she's going to squeal/ Hey where do you think you're going?/ Don't you walk away from me/ You put down that telephone /You're not calling anyone"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 12:23 pm 
Addict

Oh man, a character!

Name: Jacob Thomson, "Grandad Thomson"
Tradition: Euthanatos, recently astranged

A quick and dirty backstory:

Jacob, until he awakened in his early 20's, worked for a church- ironically, the man who pushed him to awaken was his pastor (Who was a member of the Celestial Chorus; he died several years later in a "boating accident".). Shortly after awakening however, he was kidnapped by a group of nepahandi to be used for some vile purpose- however, before they could take him off too far they suffered a horrible accident on the interstate wherein the right side tires exploded- supposedly due to the massive amounts of caustic chemicals they had in the trunk.

Amazingly Jacob survived the crash and resulting explosion without a scratch on him, and the doctor that checked him over (Who just so happpened to be on the scene) invited Jacob to dinner. Dinner turned into a conversation on the universe, and the conversation turned into regular visits which in time turned into becoming a part of the order. While this understandably upset his pastor (Who would regularly comment that he no longer saw him on Sundays when they bumped into eachother on the street), the complaints turned into knowing nods and the occasional look of sad tiredness.

Jacob spent much of his time entrenched in strikes against nephandi wherever they could be found. However, Jacob has grown tired of pushing against what seems to be a constant threat. After 30 years of dedication to his order, he has stepped down from his position of officiating and has taken up residence elsewhere; while this change of events has caused a major stir, he frankly doesn't care any more. He just wants more time to read Sunday comics.

Appearance:

Jacob is in his late 50's, and it shows. Wrinkles, a paunch, and a full head of black-grey hair are the orders of the day. He's around 200 pounds in weight, and is about 5"10. He generally dresses in what has been coined as "business attire"; slacks, a dress shirt, a sport's jacket, tie, etc. He wears glasses, but it was noted by one of his friends that he's a better shot with the glasses off than the glasses on. He keeps a silvery, wind-up watch chained to his belt at almost all times; he also has a tie pin that he uses- it's been jokingly suggested that the pin is the only one he owns.

Motivations:

To destroy all nephandi that he encounters.
To find an additional purpose outside of destroying nephandi.
To research all "strange phenomena" that occur around him.

I'll get around to posting an introduction here in a while.

"Oh, look who it is / It's my supportive wife/ And she thinks she's going to squeal/ Hey where do you think you're going?/ Don't you walk away from me/ You put down that telephone /You're not calling anyone"