ZOMBIE FORUMS

It's a stinking, shambling corpse grotesquely parodying life.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:21 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Bassackwards
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 11:40 pm 
Addict

[NOTE: each subsequent post takes place before the preceding post. Other than that, this is a normal forum-RP -- we each play as our own characters (e.g. mine=Manic), etc. I have no particular grand scheme for this, so feel free to make up plot points/etc. as you go along.]

Lying, shaken and battered, curled into the fetal position beneath a pile of rubble, Manic heard a shrill yell, which was quickly cut off. He knew now that the last of his comrades had died. All that was left was himself, and the Demiurge.

"I know where you are, Manic. Come out and show yourself."

It was hopeless. He knew it. He had known it from the start. Why had he even tried to put up a fight? Why put up a fight now? He would die soon, whatever happened, and the world would be plunged into darkness.

"You can either come out and face me, or I can vaporize you now where you lay. I leave the choice to you."

Manic knew that the Demiurge could now vaporize him at will. He had absorbed the energy of the entire team, growing stronger with each kill.

"..."

Manic stayed where he was. He was tired of clinging to hopeless ideals. Who cared for courage, or dignity? They were all false constructions. He would die now, whimpering, crying, and alone.

"How disappointing..."

A flash of white light, unbelievable searing pain, and, within seconds, it was over. Manic was no more. He died secure in the knowledge of his, and the team's, utter failure.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:58 am 
Addict

Location: Hanging in the endless void with nothing but entropy and fluff for company.
( Sorry it's a little wordy. I like to write, for some odd reason. )

"Manic!? Manic!! Is that you," Wrin yelled as she dashed through the shadows, tailed by Kage and her troll servants. "MANIC!? Where are you?" The only reply was a brief, muffled yelp from somewhere down the darkened, ruined corridor. The smell of old rot, mildew and blood filled her nostrils, making her grateful that she'd missed lunch. This place was warping her mind, and she was the most sane of her small group. Kage had relinquished his mind to the soul-binding amulet he wore long ago, and now followed her only because they were two halves of the same being. He would protect her, but only to protect himself now that his feelings for her were suppressed with the rest of him. Cam, Mano and Hill were here because she’d already saved them from a fate worse than death long ago, but how much right did she have to demand that they risk this? To be killed by the Demiurge was to live on through it, destroying everything in a mad attempt to undo creation itself. Her soul-binding amulet throbbed, and grew colder against her chest. So that’s it. I can’t face him up close, not after he reversed my gravity bomb from nearly a mile away…but we’re probably the only ones left. If I don’t kill it now… it’s decided then. The forbidden spell is my only option, and if it doesn’t work there will be no one around to complain about it.

Wrin skidded to a stop and silently motioned her troll contingent to guard against an attack from behind. Kage, levitating, lowered himself to the floor to rest. The panting of her companions and the blood pounding in her ears made it difficult to concentrate on her spellcasting, and the chill of the pendant started to burn her skin. A look of utter horror flashed across Wrin’s face just before the long, rubbery strands took her arm. With a deafening roar, Kage and the trolls launched into an attack on the razor-tipped tentacles, undoubtedly an absorbed power of (Pervy's char) or (Corpse Child's char); a few easy strokes from the blade and claws severed the appendages. Wrin’s right arm, now a mutilated mess hanging from her torn armor by sinew and bits of muscle, was a mass of blood and blue-glowing white magic. No amount of contingent enchantments would have saved it, but they might spare her life for a few minutes. Her head filled to near-bursting with agony, she continued to cast with her left arm. As the shadowy humanoid sham that was the Demiurge’s assumed body slid into view around the corner, the already dim light in the room seemed to spiral into Wrin’s hand. With a contemptuous flick of the wrist, the Demiurge invoked the absorbed power of (Actor’s character here) and bent reality around the three trolls. Troll blood and magic-wrought shards of metal alike sprayed in all directions, but were sucked into the singularity forming in Wrin’s one clenched fist. Kage looked at her in dismay as his life-force began to drain away with the blood now flowing from her arm as her magical protections died.

“It’s time to see what you’re made of, god,” Wrin muttered groggily as her lidded eyes settled on where the Demiurge’s face should be.
You are a foolish child playing with things you cannot possibly understand, Wrin. Being bound to half the spirit of a dead goddess should have taught better than to play with adults, especially when you can’t even handle the foreplay,” the Demiurge’s cool voice called in her fading mind. With a sigh, Wrin’s soul passed from her body. The infant singularity, carefully cultivated by her magic, tore through her body as it expanded without the gravity to maintain it. Kage, being drawn from this world with his soulmate, yelled and launched himself at the growing figure that was the Demiurge. His call was cut off as his body was torn apart by the very spells that had saved him so many times. A few rooms further, the explosion jarred the already crumbling columns, burying Manic in several tons of rubble.

Jin wrote:
...I cursed at the computer screen for an hour and a half while striking it with my genitals.