ZOMBIE FORUMS

It's a stinking, shambling corpse grotesquely parodying life.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:25 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Exalted (help needed)
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 1:03 pm 
Addict

Thought this would be the best place to put this. Okay so I'm reading through the rule book yet I can't find how many points I have to put into dots. Am I missing something, or do they expect me to create the character as I see fit, yet holding back making a god?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 1:31 pm 
Addict

First or second ed?

"Oh, look who it is / It's my supportive wife/ And she thinks she's going to squeal/ Hey where do you think you're going?/ Don't you walk away from me/ You put down that telephone /You're not calling anyone"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 3:47 pm 
Green Text

Typically point-based systems allow the storyteller to set a starting limit on points appropriate to the campaign. So it could be anything, really - just depends on what your story is.

In GURPS 4ed, they list the average character across most genres as worth 100 pts. Do they have something similar in Exalted?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 2:20 am 
Addict

Kestenvarn wrote:
Typically point-based systems allow the storyteller to set a starting limit on points appropriate to the campaign. So it could be anything, really - just depends on what your story is.

In GURPS 4ed, they list the average character across most genres as worth 100 pts. Do they have something similar in Exalted?

No. The system he's talking about has a *very* static starting character system, and it devotes two pages for a quick and dirty run-down of it in both editions of the game. Which is why I need to know which one; so I can give him an actual page number as opposed to screaming "LOL NOOB LURN TO PLAY". XD

"Oh, look who it is / It's my supportive wife/ And she thinks she's going to squeal/ Hey where do you think you're going?/ Don't you walk away from me/ You put down that telephone /You're not calling anyone"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 7:29 am 
Addict

2nd ed

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 10:23 am 
Local

LOL NUB LERN 2 PLY

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 2:10 pm 
Addict

Well, rules for second edition for creating solar exalts is on pages 84 and 85 of the main book. As for dragon-blooded, I do believe that the book for that has only recently come out and I haven't had time to get a hold of it.

Even with giving you this, I would seriously suggest you read through pages 90-115 to see exactly what all of the character creation stuff is talking about, and I'd also suggest reading the sections of chapter 4 that pertain to your skills. Browsing the charms section would help too.

Hell, I'd suggest reading the entirety of the book if you're going to run a game in it, and I'd also suggest at the very least picking up the first artifacts book that's come out. It offers a *lot* of good stuff to throw around if you're not the inventive sort.

I'll stop ranting now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 5:20 pm 
Addict

Thanks, yeah I had read the farther than that I guess I was still lost in the haze of a new system. And I don't know if any artifact books are out. The only other book of exalted I have been able to find for 2nd Ed is the Fey book. But honestly the Abyssal Exalted and the Dragon Blooded sound more interesting than the Solar exalted, although the Lunar exalted sound like they would be fun to play.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 9:07 pm 
Addict

Kaz*CheesyDoritoBomb* wrote:
Thanks, yeah I had read the farther than that I guess I was still lost in the haze of a new system. And I don't know if any artifact books are out. The only other book of exalted I have been able to find for 2nd Ed is the Fey book. But honestly the Abyssal Exalted and the Dragon Blooded sound more interesting than the Solar exalted, although the Lunar exalted sound like they would be fun to play.

There is no fey book for second edition. Current books out (AFAIK)

Solars book (Main)
Dragon-blooded book
Artifacts book
Locations books (Blessed isle and scavenger lands, I think)

I think that's it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 12:28 pm 
Addict

Damn must not be remembering correctly. Oh well won't worry about the fey right now.