ZOMBIE FORUMS

It's a stinking, shambling corpse grotesquely parodying life.
It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:09 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Anti-stoat propaganda
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 10:35 pm 
<font color=blue><b>IT'S DIFFERENT NOW!

I've been reading a lot of Neil Gaiman lately and I've noticed he portrays stoats in a bad light in his books. I do believe there was a stoat being broken in twine with it's entrails used in some sort of spell in Stardust. In Anansi Boys stoats were lowest of the vermin, worse than rats or gerbils. Someone suffered the terrible fate of being condemned to stoathood. Bah, I'm drunk.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 11:41 pm 
Addict

This anti-stoat sentiment is shared by Brian Jacques as well; in several of his books he portrays stoats as horrible creatures that seek only to harm, whether through banditry or what have you.

I feel we as a community of stoat-loving individuals should contact these authors and seek to have them understand their incorrect stance on the modern stoat in today's society- otherwise, we will be no better off than any other repressive society (Hitler, anyone?).

"Oh, look who it is / It's my supportive wife/ And she thinks she's going to squeal/ Hey where do you think you're going?/ Don't you walk away from me/ You put down that telephone /You're not calling anyone"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 2:22 pm 
Addict

I have a theory. These British authors are so influenced by the longtime empiriscism of their country, beign a monarchy and all the citizens mere subjects whose goal it is to serve their king or queen or what have you, that the thought that a creature could be so committed to itself, so secure in it's own worth, so individualistic, is terrribly threatening to their masculinity.
I think we should pity them and their dogmatic insecurities that lead them to demonize the true individual.
:britain:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 2:26 pm 
Local

Spools wrote:
I have a theory. These British authors are so influenced by the longtime empiriscism of their country, beign a monarchy and all the citizens mere subjects whose goal it is to serve their king or queen or what have you, that the thought that a creature could be so committed to itself, so secure in it's own worth, so individualistic, is terrribly threatening to their masculinity.
I think we should pity them and their dogmatic insecurities that lead them to demonize the true individual.
:britain:

:o wow that was painful reading - the sadness is that money rules if you got to fukin live in britain pay all your fukin money to the government then you dont have time for anything else but go by the way its been done for ages, Im thinking about conservation of energy and here they have lot of conserved energy and eveyrbody wants to come and take there share of its warmth no matter what you need to deny as the side effect but anyways that was so to the point I hate all kind of fixated political structures as this place is, and in here you have to behave even more than in Finland Im so pissed already is there even one single place where you can be just individual anymore, its just getting weirder and weirder the more far away I go from home to look for liberty the more entrapment I face with and eventually have to face with the fact that I can only be free in my own mind but never can be myself anywhere -its sad and true- money has poured the last sand in the coffin of my real self

Dont ask me to grammar this because I dont want to go back to this thought and think about it too much its depressive and sometimes when you write it down it become more real and painful reality than if you just kept quiet the thought can go away and another reality can take over your mind-Im currently fighting between these too but not sure which will win. Unfortunately you are also dictated by the people you live with you owe responsibilities and you cant be just all individual and then die to hunger because of it - seriously I just have a limited amount of strenght to think these things and I havent been very well too, it snot like I want to give up on anything its just a necessity of life Im not happy with it but its realistic and you got to do what you got to do even if it means you become one of the mass and forget all about your own thing, God bless those who can afford to be on their own

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 2:37 pm 
Addict

egets wrote:
:o wow that was painful reading

I agree. I have no clue what you just said after those words.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 3:42 pm 
Addict

That whole first paragraph didn't have a single periode in it.

"...Just when Anonymous finally thinks he's solved all the mysteries Eva can give him, Sadako-chan has to pop out of the sea of LCL."
-Anonymous(4chan)

- Ancient's son - Deo & Shini-Megami's Dad - Shinigami's Uncle.
- Adoptive father of Nates severed hand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 4:06 pm 
<font color=blue><b>IT'S DIFFERENT NOW!

Therefore it's not a paragraph...?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 2:34 am 
Addict

Good lord...

It's not even a sentance really. Just a bunch of words ocasionally spaced by commas.

"...Just when Anonymous finally thinks he's solved all the mysteries Eva can give him, Sadako-chan has to pop out of the sea of LCL."
-Anonymous(4chan)

- Ancient's son - Deo & Shini-Megami's Dad - Shinigami's Uncle.
- Adoptive father of Nates severed hand.