ZOMBIE FORUMS

It's a stinking, shambling corpse grotesquely parodying life.
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:12 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2002 8:19 am 
Addict

Hey, MIB, while you're at it, see if you can run my character through the Godlike rules system.

If the bio I gave earlier isn't enough, PM me and I'll add more.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2002 9:20 am 
Addict

Lets see...5 ranks in every power in the book would about cover it. Thats about a 1,500 point character.

Limits, please. I know how far good roleplaying is good, but someone who "forgets" he can kill with a thought is stretching suspension of disbelief quite a bit. Even then, you'd kill Babs and just make it look good.

Besides, for you, even alone, Babs wouldn't be a challange at all. Its just a matter of how much of your powers you use, and I dunno, that seems kind of lame. You should have to legitimately stretch yourself to have a chance of Babs, not deliberetly limit yourself so that it isn't a complete slaughter.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: The Man In black on 2002-09-27 09:25 ]</font>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2002 11:36 am 
Addict

Okay, then, I'll use ViolentGirl. She's one of young Kit's friends, and while she's pretty strong, she'll have a time with Babs. The two of them look a lot alike, too, so that may create an interesting dynamic. Be aware that I created ViolentGirl long before I ever found out there was a Babs, and the abilities she has are not just to make her a Babs ripoff.

ViolentGirl

Outfit: jeans and sleeveless T. The shirt says WiR3D over the chest. May also wear a maroon trenchcoat when she feels the yen.
Appearance: Asian, black hair tied back in a ponytail. Red cables stick out from under her skin. They add no muscle mass, but they're there.
Powers: Superstrength, really fast but not superspeed fast, can survive anything(she's immortal, due to a very long and torturous experience involving Project Hyperspace), but not much else. No real regen abilities, but the wounds she gets will seal very quickly. If her arm's sliced off, she'll just lose the arm and feel no pain whatsoever. A limited ability to call an object to her hand, but she can't instantly access something like Kit. It has to be within a few feet.

That's VG. Can she be done?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2002 12:52 pm 
Addict

Immortality is an expensive talent.

Additionally, regeneration is never mentioned, so if I chop off her limbs she'll be an immortal torso...

Anyway, here I go:

Name: Violentgirl
Level: 1
HP: 8

Will Points: 6

Talents

Hyperstrength (2 ranks) [6 points]
-You do not take damage when punching concrete, metal, or other hard objects
-Your punches and kicks deal killing damage instead of subdual (knockout) damage
-You deal +8 damage when using your fist or a melee weapon
-You gain a +8 bonus to all Strength checks and checks made for Strength-based skills

Hyperdexterity (2 ranks) [6 points]
-You gain +8 dodge bonus to your AC. Note that if you are caught flat-footed, you lose this bonus
-You gain a +8 bonus when firing a projectile weapon
-Your base move is 40 ft/round (in 3 seconds you can cover 40 feet...thats if yuo 'walk.' Running is up to 120 feet in 3 seconds)

Hypercool (2 ranks) [6 points]
-Your cool modifier is +8
-You can use your cool modifier in place of your constitution modifier when making any skill checks or other rolls. You can literally ignore pain and other discomfort.
-+2 base will points
-You gain a +4 bonus when rolling initiative

Fetch (2 ranks) [6 points]
Flaw- close range only (-1)

Cannot Die (Custom Power) [6 points]
-Does not affect damage
-If target falls below 0 HP, they are incappacitated
-First aid/other healing raises HP normally, even after they are supposed to die
-If they fall below -20HP, they are considered 'chunked' and spend their life as a pile of sentient flesh

There ya go. 30 points...this is assuming you put all your stats into Int, to raise your will point count to a manageable level.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: The Man In Black on 2002-09-27 13:02 ]</font>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2002 1:13 pm 
Addict

Heh,chunked.Oh yeah MIB whats the bio on your character?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2002 2:24 pm 
Addict

Mark Howard was not always called by that name. He was born Jose Munuoz (before you ask, no, not my name), and it was that name he grew up with. Born to a poor family, he took odd jobs to work his way through college. After reviewing his options, the Army seemed the only way to go. Promised he would get his way through university payed, he joined up and soon caught the attention of his superiors- for when put into stressful situations, he was unnaturally intelligent and his senses seemed to be finely attuned. Finally, after a near training accident (where he simply sidestepped a bullet fired strait at his chest from 10 feet) he was taken to Area 51 to be tested in seclusion.

Over the past few years Jose has had his University education come to him- he has already qualified for a Ph.D, and the Army arranged for one to be granted to him by MIT after taking a few tests. Afterwards, all who saw his test results were killed, and the test results themselves stolen and hidden deep in the vaults of Area 51.

However, his usefulness goes beyond a mere curiousity. An amazingly fast thinker, he has already identified 7 people in the army with other talents best described as preternatural. The Army is going to soon
move him to analysing the general population with another "hyperbrain" (as he is called) to identify who else has these powers.

Articulate in everything he does, he is also a premere strategist and platoon leader. Though almost never sent out in the field, he constantly advises Generals on the proper course of action, and is very, very good at gauging what the enemy will do.

Which brings him to Babalon Jones. For months he has been hunting her, with orders to kill her- a wanted terrorist and former mob assasin, she took the wrong job that attracted the attention of the DoD. Each branch of the government sent out assasins of their own to deal with her- most of them are dead. The Army sent out Jose, having judged that he is the only one likely not to be caught by surprise by Jones' very good plans.

Surmising hunting down a trained assasin wasn't the best course of action, "Mark" has been hiring himself out as a bodygaurd of people he has calculated Jones will be after, so that he can face her on the defensive. Twice he missed her, but now he feels the next job he can come out on top...

Name: Jose Munuoz (real), or Joeseph Gilean (assumed), or Mark Howard (assumed)
Level: 1
HP: 7 (poor health)

Will Points: 6

Talents
Hyperintelligence (3 ranks) [9 points]
-You have a photographic memory that includes sound and taste as well as sight
-You gain +24 skill points at first level (thats a lot)
-You gain +6 skill points per level
-You gain a +6 competence bonus to all skills based on intelligence
-You have a photographic memory and can recall anything you have seen
-You can make a nearly photographic drawing of anything you have seen
-You can calculate figures as fast as a supercomputer
-There is no limit to the number of ranks you may purchase in intelligence-based skills

Hyperwisdom (3 ranks) [9 points]
-Your sense of smell is so sharp that you may track people by their scent. You gain 8 ranks in the Scent skill. Scent is a wisdom-based skill.
-Your vision and hearing are extremely acute. You gain 8 bonus ranks in listen and spot. These bonus ranks may stack with ranks purchased during character creation.
-You have an effective wisdom score of 34 for all purposes
-You can read printed materials by touch alone
-You can hear individual heartbeats from 20 feet away

Sidestep (2 ranks) [8 points]
-Dodge approx 30% of all attacks

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: The Man In Black on 2002-09-27 14:30 ]</font>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2002 2:41 pm 
Addict

Allright unless somebody wants to add something else I am going to go make the new thread.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2002 3:24 pm 
Native

I think I'm going to do Samiel in Godlike myself. I'll still keep him at 30-ish points, I'll try for 30 but I'm not going to worry over 2 or 3 points.

EDIT:Here he is. I abandoned the Transform as it is to annoying to do in Godlike when you have only 30 pts to work with. Also I'm only going to list important skils, instead of the whole list. I noticed that there is no skill for throwing things, so I made it and stuck it under Strength.

Name: Samiel
Level: 1 [Human Host]

Str: 10 +0/+8
Dex: 10 +0
Con:12 +1
Int:10 +0
Wis:10 +0
Cha:10 +0
Cool:10 +0/+8

Will: 10
Initiative: +8
AC: 14

Skills:
Armed Combat (Str) 14
Brawl (Str) 12
Thrown (Str) 12
Diplomacy (Chr) 4
Shoot (Dex) 4
Listen (Wis) 6
Spot (Wis) 6

Feats:
Skill Focus (Armed Combat) +2 to the Armed Combat skill
Alertness - +2 to Listen and Spot

Powers:

Hyper Strength [rank 2]
  • You take no damage when punching concrete,metal, or other hard objects
  • Your punches and kicks cause killing damage instead of subdual
  • +8 damage to melee attacks
  • +8 to all Strength rolls and to checks made for Strength based-skills

Hyper Dexterity [rank 1]
  • +4 to your AC
  • +4 to hit with projectile weapons
  • Base move is 35 ft.

Hyper Cool [rank 2]
  • +8 Cool modifier
  • Can use Cool modifier in place of Constitution Modifier when making skill checks or other rolls.
  • +2 Base Will points
  • +4 Initiative

Detection [rank 5]
  • Flaw: Only emotions
  • Flaw:Line of Sight

Harm [rank 3]
  • 3d6 damage
  • Flaw: Expensive
  • Flaw: Reflex save for no damage

Member of the Cult of the Green God

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zergbait on 2002-09-27 17:21 ]</font>