ZOMBIE FORUMS

It's a stinking, shambling corpse grotesquely parodying life.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:57 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2002 11:48 am 
Addict

"AAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAHHHH!"
Sneaking a peek back,babylon and her helper notice the quickly closing shape of the Werewolf.In the faint moonlight they can see blood on Barghest's fur but already the healing abilitys of his wolf form have stopped the bleeding.Before they could do anything about him a cloud covers the moon and they lose sight of him.They continue running but when the cloud moves away a minute later barghest is a few feet in front of them.A low growl comes from him,it almost sounds like he is trying to say "kill" and before they could react he swipes with his claw and cuts down and across babylons entrie front with such force that most of her spilled blood lands on her companion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2002 12:28 pm 
Native

*war runs up to see the warewolf attacking jones. vandel uses his runes to smask barghest away. war pulls off his coat* AROA ARMOR *light incases his body and when it dissapears a skintight suite is covering his body* heya *war yells kicking vandel frome behind*

I'll draw it on my wrist.
And with this pretty picture,
A fountain will appear.
And with this flowing fountain,
All problems disappear!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2002 1:53 pm 
Addict

OOC

Everyone please list where they are
Second, not enough people have died, and Jones would probably also be dead by now. I mean, hell, she was knocked out of commission for a little while by 8 guys with the element of surprise, I think this many people with superpowers after her would do her in.

Maybe restart the thread?

/OOC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2002 2:14 pm 
Addict

OOC:I think this has been a bit confusing too,I was a bit thrown off myself on why babylon would just start slicing people's necks open in public because she got into a shoving match and just announce her presence to the people who would be looking for her.So lets hold a vote,who wants to restart this thread?

By the way MIB,whats with the intrest?You want to get into this thread?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2002 2:28 pm 
Addict

OOC

Ironically, now that college has started, I have a lot more free time than before. So yes, I am interesting in getting into this and into several other RP threads.

I would also suggest that we create a small bio on what we can agree Jones acts like/the limitations on her powers.

/OOC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2002 2:42 pm 
Addict

OOC:

Eh . . .

Sorry about that, Barghest. Didn't really think about the whole "Try to stay hidden" angle. ]

Restarting the thread sounds good to me. But I think I'll skip out on it until the actual fight starts. Gives me a better shot at not screwing up her level of agitation.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2002 2:44 pm 
Addict

I also like the idea of restarting the thread, might give me a chance to explain why Antenors in this fight, for other reasons than its a fight.

"We Legion know what it be like to be warjack. When death comes, I die bleeding oil and sparks like metal brothers. When death comes, I die in steam." - Deidric Harkinos, veteran of the Man-O-War Legion

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2002 2:47 pm 
Native

well i agree this has gotten outta controal so im in I also sugest we put up our charter bios so we cant over kill on the powers.

I'll draw it on my wrist.
And with this pretty picture,
A fountain will appear.
And with this flowing fountain,
All problems disappear!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2002 2:59 pm 
Addict

OOC:How about we use the FPL bio of babylon jones?It has a pretty good desciption of what she can do exactly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2002 3:04 pm 
Addict

Older Kitsune

Outfit: Same as in Webcomic War, the uniform with a fox stencil on the back. Jacket is unbuttoned and hangs loosely around his chest. He now has a pair of biker gloves on his hands.
Powers: Since he'll be caught off guard, just like last time, so he won't think to use his full power, limiting his powers unintentionally. His powers run off his thought processes and imagination. He can use anything he wants and quite well. Like Vandal, he can adapt to any situation. He can't die, as long as he doesn't think he can. Basically, his powers are limited only by his imagination, but in this case, he's too surprised to remember he can kill with a thought, and decides he'll be fighting "normally". He can be hurt, and if he forgets he can heal almost instantly, he'll be hurt for a while.

Basically, this is Kit's bio.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2002 3:08 pm 
Addict

I wonder...can Poe be bothered to make Jones as a Godlike character?

I'll PM him and see.

Anyway, the FPL is a bit sloppy with their power definitions. Anyway, its alright by me-

http://www.electricferret.com/fpl/fame/ ... 422001.htm

Remember that the wounds BEGIN to heal as soon as they are made- and it takes a little while to heal.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2002 3:17 pm 
Addict

Lets post our bio's up here before we restart the thread.I have to go now so I will get it up later.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2002 4:56 pm 
Native

Restarting is fine with me. I like the idea of posting the descriptions of our characters and their powers and maybe weaknesses.

Also to Kitsune- Sorry 'bout not talking earlier, I got busy the last couple of days and really haven't spent much time online.

Name: Samiel....but call him Sam

Description: Sam is a pretty average guy...six foot tall, average build, brown hair, brown eyes. He's in his early twenties, clean shaven, with his hair cut short. He wears pretty standard style street clothes; jeans, t-shirt, sneakers, and a light jacket.

Powers: Samiel is a celestial being....an angel. However, the word angel brings to mind certain images, most of which are wrong. I designed Samiel with Inomine setting and the HERO system rules (if your familiar with the RPGs). He is a Malakite (warrior) of Eli, the Archangel of Creation. Since Sam is on earth and not in his true Celestial form he doesn't have access to his full powers. The ones he does have access to are:

1) Creative Weaponry- As a warrior of Eli, he can use anything he can hold as a weapon; credit cards, lamps, chairs, his own body, frozen hams, etc... That's why he doesn't generally carry weapons on him, they attract too much attention. However when he does feel the need to carry a real weapon he does have a broadsword that he picked up sometime in the 16th century, but he rarely uses that.

2)Soul Sight- Sam can see into peoples souls, which appears a colored aura around the person. different colors tell him about that persons emotion state, past sins, if they're lying etc...

3)Energy Blast- A last ditch, nothing to lose weapon. By summoning up his own celestial energy, he can release it from his hands (or eyes, mouth, whatever) as a destructive blast. However, by doing this he weakens his mortal form, and he can destroy it uses the energy blast more that 2 or 3 times in a week.

4)Celestial Form- Sam can also change into his natural celestial state, that of a menacing (hey he's a warrior), shadowy, featureless angelic form. When he does this he abandons his mortal host, and will have to return to his own celestial plane. He does have some time (maybe 1 minutes at most) to do things before he's forced to return. While in this form he is immune to normal weapons, and can't be touched (he's like a ghost), and he has access to his full angelic powers.

Really the only weakness he has is that, his mortal host is exactly that...mortal. He can die like any other human could. When he does die, he is immediatly forced out of the earthly plane back to the celestial, do not pass go do not collect 200 dollors.

Well is it too much? Should I tone him down?

Member of the Cult of the Green God

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zergbait on 2002-09-27 15:13 ]</font>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2002 5:41 pm 
Addict

Assuming there are about 7 of us attacking Jones, I'll tell you if you're overpowered...you are invulerable to all damage? What about if you're not aware its coming? Does your blast have a blast radius, or 1 target only?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2002 6:17 pm 
Native

I never said I was invulnerable to damage. I'm only invulnerable to normal weaponry (guns, knives, swords, spoons, etc..) when I'm in a celestial form. It doesn't matter if I know its coming or not...I'm incorporeal. Besides its only for a minute, after that minute is up I'm gone and it doesn't matter. Its generally used as a last ditch, "well I'm gonna die anyway may as well go out with a bang" kind of thing.

Magical weapons (or the special effect of your choice) could probably affect him, it would depend on what it was. Also other celestial creatures could affect him (and vice versa) while they were celestial.

I'm going to describe the energy attack in HERO system...its the easiest. HERO is what Sam was originally made in (I just used the Inomine background).

10d6 Energy Blast
Area Effect: Line (basically a beam)
4x END
Transdimensional (effects incorporeal creatures)

EDIT: the energy blast is another thing that would effect Sam while he's celestial, since its powered by celestial energy and hits incorporeal creatures. So if something had powers similar to his....

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zergbait on 2002-09-26 18:21 ]</font>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2002 7:06 pm 
Native

stands 5feet 9inches
OUTFIT: black leather boots that cover his ankles, hair short brown and curly,black jeans black t-shirt with a cross on it ans a black trenchcoat with the front unbuttoned.

POWERS: aroa armor>powerful light armor increases speed and defence greatly.

armagedden wave> all dark ehergy collected frome his enemies hate for him is released in a powerfull wave if he uses it to long the darkness will consume him causeing him to rampage.<weekness
armegedden beam> short blast of dark energy

final wish> when an inch frome death uses the moast pure energy to fufill a last request, cannot be used on self. this cannot be used to kill either.

energy bubble> small buble used for slow but constant transpertation

there's my bio

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: war goddes on 2002-09-26 19:06 ]</font>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2002 7:17 pm 
Addict

Ok, lets see how Samiel looks in Godlike format…

Level: 1 (human host)
HP: 8
Str: 22 (strong enough to use just about anything as a deadly weapon)

Talents
Detection [5 ranks] (5 points)
Flaw- only within sight (-1)
Flaw- only feelings/emotions/Alignment (-2)

Harm [10 ranks] (10 points)
Flaw- expensive (-1)
Flaw- makes celestial form vulnerable (-1)
Flaw- Reflex save to avoid damage (-2)
10d6 damage

Transform (Celestial Form) [5 ranks] (10 points)
Flaw- Self Only (-1)
Flaw- One form only (-1)
Flaw- Short duration (-1)

Insubstantiability (5 ranks) (20 points)
Extra- Duration (+2)
Extra- No Sink (+2)
Flaw- Attached to Celestial Form (-3)
Flaw- Can be harmed by magical/energy attacks (-1)

Total Points: 45 points, if you want a decent amount of will to power it make it 50-55.
More than 2 guys about as powerful as you could take out Jones fairly easily. 2 would have some trouble, but would eventually triumph. I think the extra HP won’t help Jones, since 1 hit from your harm will kill her. Tone it down, homes. Check out my guy, for example.

Luey Morenson

Level 1
HP: 8
AC: 10
Str: 9 (normally), 50 (after talent)
Dex: 10
Con: 12
Int: 14
Wis: 9
Cha: 9

Talents
Hyperstrength (5 ranks) [15 points] (can lift 15 tons without difficulty, a single punch can demolish a normal human being)
Block (3 ranks) [9 points]
Extra Will Points (6 ranks) [6 points]

Block- About 50% of the time normal attacks will fail. Very strong attacks or very well aimed attacks reduce this chance significantly. If caught by surprise, this power does not function.

War Goddess- you could kill Jones by yourself. TONE IT THE FUCK DOWN.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: The Man In Black on 2002-09-26 19:33 ]</font>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2002 7:40 pm 
Native

10d6 is the HERO version. Thats a standard energy blast for a 250 pt hero. For the system your using, I agree that it should be toned down to 5 or probably 3d6. The Energy blast wasn't intended to be a wave-motion gun. His primary power is tha ability to use anything as a weapon (with varying degrees of effectivness of course). In Hero I did that as 5 Overall levels(which costs 50 pts). I didn't have to use Overall levels, I could have used combat levels, but that helped me to fake being a really old being thats picked up a few skills over the millenia.

However I don't really see the point in giving our characters stats. This is after an RP thread with no real way to enforce any kind of game rules or dice rolling. Unless of course this is just for curiosities sake...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2002 8:52 pm 
Addict

Bio of Barghest
Description:Short black hair,wears black sweater over white t-shirt,baggy khaki pants.

Barghest is part of the next step in Counter terrorist special forces.Even though many are right in saying the United states never paid enough attention to the rise of terrorism,some in the government did.Early in the 1970s,Dr Frank Vincent was leading the world in the research of gene research.A patriot to the core and on a level higher then the rest he saw how warfare would change in the years to come.Even if you have the greatist military in the world with the biggest military budget,what did it matter if the foe you were facing had no army and could just make a bomb threat from a pay telephone for a couple of cents and cause chaos and spread fear among the populace?So for years to come he worked with a meager budget and began his own plan.It wasn't till recently that SBWCTF,Special Bio weapon Counter-terrorist force or the nickname of Vincent's monsters,came to the attention of the pentagon.After going over it they approved it and let Vincent seek out his soldiers.However this plan called for common civilians that would not stand out and had the mental strength,plus only people with the right genetic code that could take the kind of abuse were needed.Barghest himself was approached and after some talks agreed.Along with Barghest,50 test subjects were found to contain the right DNA,Mental strength and loyalty to the USA and were recuited.At the research center they underwent training similar to what a CIA agent would undergo but with a twist.Vincent's monsters was a group designed to find a terrorist cell and destroy it,with at the most two people.This was the kind of unit where you could drop a pair of agents into a terrorist training camp in the middle of the night and by morning nothing would be left.A agent in Vincent's monsters was in a way,a monster.Because when given a DNA injection they had the abilty to acutally turn into one.Not just one,there were thousands of ideas for every kind of situation.There were Genetic plans that could turn a person into a brute that could tear apart a tank battalion,one that could make the agent into a Deep sea creature that could destroy a nuclear submarine.But all this came at a price.Transformations are one of the most painful things a person could go though,not only would you go though your body being torn in thousands of directions you mind would be altered as well.Thats why most agents work as a pair,one a monster and the other a "handler".A person who would never leave the monsters side and be the one thing that would keep the agent's mind in one piece and help guide the monster.But at the last minute the pentagon,having second thoughts put this unit on hold saying they needed more tests before making a choice if they should activate this unit.So Dr vincent came up with a idea,let the agents become mercs and using the CIA send them to hotspots all over the globe and moniter them see how they perform if they are a failure take the agents back in and fix what they did to them and if it worked....

So barghest waits around waiting to prove his mettle.Barghest's favorite monster forms or at least the ones he can stand to turn into,are all anti-personnel melee combat forms.The forms being Werewolf,Chimera MK2 and the Burrock.While these are dangerous they are still meant for light combat against a few foes and while able to take several small caliber shots,cannot take a continues barrage of large caliber bullets.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2002 10:05 pm 
Addict

And I present to you your character using Godlike rules:

HP: 8 (16 when transformed)

Strength: 11 (26 when transformed)
Dexterity: 10
Constitution: 12 (26 when transformed)
Intelligence: 12
Wisdom: 16
Charisma: 11

Block (4 ranks) (blocks about 50% of attacks)
Flaw: Attached to transform talent (-2)
Flaw: Penetrating Weapons Disregaurd (-1)
Extra: Blind Block (+2)
Final Cost: 8 points

Flight (1 ranks, top speed 10mph, flight usually poor, at best its good)
Total Cost: 4 points

Harm (5 ranks) (5d6 damage/hit)
Flaw: Touch (-1) [Claws]
Flaw: Attack roll required (-1)
Final Cost: 5 points

HyperConstitution (2 ranks)
Final Cost: 2 points

Hyperstrength (2 ranks)
Final Cost: 2 points

Transform (5 ranks)
Flaw: Berserk (-2)
Flaw: Only forms he has been injected with (-1)
Flaw: Painful (-1) (take d3 damage each time power is activated)
Final Cost: 4 points

Extra Will Points: 4

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: The Man In Black on 2002-09-27 09:14 ]</font>

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next