ZOMBIE FORUMS

It's a stinking, shambling corpse grotesquely parodying life.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:34 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2002 12:07 am 
Addict

It would become a hot topic on the major news networks for weeks before people soon pushed it out of their minds and went about their lifes.But for those that were there it was a moment in hell that they could never forget.The worst was they would never know what was going on or why.

It was just a dark and stormy night at a semi-major airport in the middle of northern europe,but around 8:00 it turned into a full fledged warzone.It was at 7:30 a small convoy of cars pulled up and lets their many passengers out.These people were some of the finest,martial-artist,gunfighters,Ex-military,Magic users,super humans and all around dangerous folk to be around.They were collected from all around the globe,offered huge amounts of money all for one mission,To see a man though airport and on his flight.
At first all of them thought this was a joke,why would anyone offer this much money if all they had to do was see this guy off and judging from the guys that were sent to collect them why would they need them?Then they told it would be a bodyguard job and they were assured that a one Miss Bablyon jones was hired to kill this man.They all knew of her one way or another and that this could be a death sentence.But the money was right and they took the job.Now it is 7:45 when we join them,will they be able to see their charge to safety or would any survive at all?

OOC:Since the RP board has seen a certain rebirth I wanted to add another RP thread to keep it strong.It's just like it sounds,you will take your character and fight the immortal babylon jones herself.So feel free to use your special powers and such because she is immortal and she won't stop till she gets the job done.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2002 8:38 am 
Native

[OOC: I'd like to, but Valin is a young character, and I don't quite want him to die yet. :razz: /OOC]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2002 10:25 am 
Addict

The day before.

Rotterdam. A seedy bar somewhere. A figure with his black curly hair in a ponytail and a bomberjacket despite the heat walks into the bar. He exchanges a few words with the barkeepers and goes in the back, opening the door labeled 'private' Behind it is a small, dirty room with a table and two chairs. The bomberjacket wearing man takes the empty one and looks at the man in front of him. This one has blond hair, sleek, and about as long as his.

"So Rand, you've had me waiting for some time."

"Sorry... I had to make sure I wasn't followed"

"So, what is it. We've got a lot of stuff to do and little time to do it."

"I was offered a contract."

"Really, GREAT. The party sure could use some money."

"This is a special case."

"oh, why?"

"For one, they're contacting all the other expatriates. They won't all join of course. Many of them have...other amusements. But some of them will show up."

"That should cost them quite a sum"

"Yep, especially since they offer more then my usual fee."

"What? How much!"

Rand passed a piece of paper.

"Holy shit... who the hell are you guarding?"

"No info. That's the first problem. You know I usually take only jobs that are clean and won't hold back the big R and such. But hell, with this money, it'd have to be something big to counterbalance the stuff we can do with that. Not to mention, they offered it to the other guys too. And some of them don't care WHO they protect or kill, as long as there is fun and money to be had. And then there is the fact that that amount of money isn't at all much if you know WHO we have to protect the mistery man from." Rand tossed a file on the table. it was thin, very thin.

"Who is this? Babylon Jones."

"Name doesn't say much to most people. But all us expatriates know about her. She's good. Really, really good."

"So they've hired the best to protect their people."

"No, they hired the second best. SHE is the best. But if we all bundle our strength, we may just get lucky."

"You don't sound too optimistic. What is it you've wanted to talk to me about."

"Well, the guy we have to protect takes his plane tomorrow. In the meantime, can you try to find out anything about Jones or the mistery man, give me a call on my Cell phone. And for the rest... well, I'll call you when I know what airport the fun's gonna bbe in. If there could be a couple of people in the neighbourhood with a bit of firepower. It's always nice to know there's some backup. Even if they'll only delay her."

"Right, you want some extra tools then to tip the scales a bit?"

"You know I don't like guns. And I've got what I need right here." Rand opened his bomber jacket showing the various grenades fixed on it. in front of his heart were two crossed sickles. "I prefer explosives, but since this is guard duty, it'll probably be sickle work. Thanks for the offer, but right now, it's your info that I need, and some fighters just in case"

"I'll try to see what I can do. then, we'll be in touch.Good luck "

"Thanks. I'm gonna need it"

Now 7.30. A door opens. Rand, still with his bomber jacket, scans the surroundings.

"Well, here goes nothing."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2002 11:32 am 
Native

6:23 a.m. In a small flat in Londan, a phone rings...

*ring, ring,ring*

A hand reaches out from underneath a pile of blankets and unwashed clothes, and begins searching for the phone.

*ring, ring, ring*

A groan emits from the pile of blankets. The hand having reached its destination pulls the handset underneath the covers.

"This had better be a hot 18 year old schoolgirl who wants to screw me 6 ways from Sunday."

A male voice comes out the receiver, "Ah Sam, its good to know your still as cheery as ever in the mornings!"

"What the fuck you want Ed?"

"Well, if your going to be rude, I won't tell you about the job."

The blankets tumble off of the bed as a scruffy looking young man leaps up off the bed shouting, "What?! No wait! What job?!"

"Glad I have your attention. It seems people are being hired left and right, from all over the world, for a bodyguarding job. They asked me if I knew anybody, so I gave them your name."

"A fucking babysitting job! Man, you know I hate those!"

"Oh but you used to be so good at them. Besides, they are paying quite a bit for this babysitting job."

"How much is 'quite a bit'?"

"Let me check," some papers can be heard rustling, then a low whistle, "it seems they're paying...."

Outside across the street a garbage collector looks up from his job and turns to his partner, "You just hear a scream?" The partner doesn't even stop, "Naw, was probably a cat."

"They're paying that much. Who the hell we guarding, God?!"

"I have no actual information on who your guarding, but I dad manage to dig up who you'll be guarding
against."

"Yeah, who?"

"One Babylon Jones."

"Who?'

"I havn't heard much about her myself, just rumors mostly. She's supposed to be really good at what she does, and she is supposed to be unkillable.

"Nobodies unkillable Ed. You know that better then anyone."

"I didn't say she was unkillable, those are just the rumors floating around. So, do you want the job?"

Sam sat back down on the bed. Damn bodyguard jobs, he thought to himself, never turn out right. But it is a lot of money.....damn...

"Yeah, I'll take it."

"Excellent. I'll have your instructions and plane tickets sent to you immediatly. Good luck."

Sam hung up the phone, and flopped back onto the bed.

"Yeah, good fuckin luck. I have a feeling I'll need it."

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zergbait on 2002-09-16 11:33 ]</font>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2002 11:57 am 
Addict

Earlier that day,somewhere over the atlantic in a plane.

"You look a bit nervous."
Dressed in a simple black sweater and baggy khaki pants,the young barghest looks away from the window and the atlantic and to the guy who offered him the contract.
"You sure be even more scared,I can run away anytime I wish,you have to stay or your "friends" will come after you."
The man in black just shrugs his shoulders.
"It's the life of a faceless hired thug."
Barghest thinks about this for a moment then continues on."Let me see her file again."
The MIB hands it over and barghest goes over it again.Babylon seemed to immortal,there was enoungh evidence to support that.Add to that she also seemed to be able to bring weapons out of nowhere.Meaning she could sneak a huge arsenal anywhere she went."I Imagine you will allow me to help myself to your armory?"The MIB nods
"And you are not lying when you say others have been brought in?"the MIB nods again.
"Well,I think we can do this."
The MIB turns to him"Lets not forget if you inject yo......"Barghest cuts him off right there"I don't think that would really be needed here.In fact I will make a point not to use any of the substance.Here you hold on to them for me."Barghest gives the MIB a handful of syringes.

Back to the present,7:45.Barghest,in a poncho,stands in the rain outside the airport walking along with the others thinking to himself.
"OH,SHIT,WHAT THE FUCK WAS I THINKING!?!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2002 4:52 pm 
Native

A man of average height and a slightly larger muscular build stomps up to Barghest through the rain. He's dressed in black and blue combat fatigues similar to a S.W.A.T team member.

Twin SOCOM's hang from shoulder holsters. A shorty shotgun hangs from a short strap from one shoulder and an automatic rifle with scope, laser sight, and silencer hangs from the other. Numerous magazines of ammunition is stuffed in pockets and a few grenades hang from the harness.

His jet-black hair hangs wet and limp over his forehead, a few silver streaks visible in the tussled mass.

"I'm here for the guard job. Name's Valintino. Most just call me Val..."

Barghest gives Val a strange look, "Don't I know you from somewhere?"

Val, "Don't think so... Kinda new around here."

Barghest, "Oh.. alright, well, if you live come see me... that is, if I'm alive, if not, call this number." Barghest hands Val a card with a number on it. After giving it a cursory glance, Val hands it back.

"I'll remember the number, thanks. I'm gonna go grab the rest of my gear and set up somewhere."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2002 5:13 pm 
Addict

OOC:Don't forget,I'm not the guy that is hiring anybody.I am one of the bodyguards too.Why I am I giving you a phone number anyway?

Barghest thinks for a moment,then he stops the guy."Hey,wait a minute!I'm not the one thats paying you damnit!Shit,you trying to trick me into giving you my reward money?!"
Barghest points at one of the random MIBs
"Go ask one of those guys about your pay,and try to hide your guns,please.I don't want to be taken in by secruity because somebody else didn't hide their weapons!"After done venting barghest calms down."Jesus,I need to calm down or I will freak out the minute I see babs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2002 6:28 pm 
Addict

Yesterday...

The Mad Thinker got really drunk on the streets of Antwerp.

ooc:Hell, even I'm a Babylon fanboy, I ain't fighting her

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2002 8:00 pm 
Addict

OOC:Wouldn't a fanboy kill just for the chance to get his ass whooped by Bablyon?

EDIT:leaving words out is a sign that I need sleep.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Barghest on 2002-09-16 21:35 ]</font>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2002 10:31 pm 
Native

Val fixes Barghest with an icy stare and states, "I hate dealing with faceless MiBs... you seemed to know what's going on around here and to be a direct link with the suits. My mistake, I guess I'll have to go talk to Mr. Faceless MiB #1 over there."

Barghest rolls his eyes as Val walks up and gets info from the MiB. Val procedes to grab a trench-coat from a suit-bag and packs some of his more obvious weaponry away.

Tossing the coat over himself he makes a mental note not to go near any metal detectors.

[OOC: Yeah, I'm a Babylon fanboy too. But Val's regeneration makes him damn near immortal too so I figure why the hell not, I could use the cash. :razz: /OOC]

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mr. Ix on 2002-09-16 22:33 ]</font>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2002 12:17 pm 
Addict

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2002 12:18 pm 
Addict

[OOC] YOU'RE ALL GOING TO DIE!!!! (insert evil laughter here) [/OOC]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2002 12:29 pm 
Addict

Once the guy with a whole lot of guns moved off,Barghest felt the need to make sure his own weapons where there,a old Colt.45 with a laser sight attactment and a few extra clips of ammo and one combat knife was all he had.And if he wanted he could ask the MIB he gave his injections too for them back.He was sure the guy would laugh and say "I told you so"but if it came to using the DNA injectors then the situation would be dire.In barghest's ear a voice spoke"Okay,we got movement now.I think I saw a hawk on a branch over there."That was one of the MIB's in command.He was speaking to everybody though the radios they were given.The code talk was telling the lookouts to head inside and take up there positions and begin checking around.Barghest turns to Val."Come on,lets go inside.I think you are by the elevators and I am by the food court."

EDIT:Typo

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Barghest on 2002-09-17 12:52 ]</font>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2002 6:29 pm 
Addict

::The older Kitsune steps through into the middle of an airport, and is promptly shoved out of the way by a blackhaired Asian woman. He shoves her back, and he suddenly has a sword stuck through his throat. He chokes, and Babylon Jones walks on, continuing with the mission. She doesn't notice Kitsune holding a hand up to his throat and the blood sucking back inside and the wound sealing up on both sides. He stands, staring after her::

You just made one hell of a mistake, bitch. Nobody tries to kill me and gets away with it.

::He begins to push his way through the crowd, following her as fast as she can move, his imaginatively-assisted senses keeping track of her without fail::

I don't know who she is or what she's doing here, but I intend to make sure she doesn't get away with it. Anything important enough to kill anyone who sees your face has gotta be dangerous. And after what I've been through for Hyperspace and the EN forces . . .

OOC: What can I say? The Kitsunes can't be killed easily, either. Their DEM ability allows them to manipulate reality as they see fit, and if that means they no longer have a mortal wound, they no longer have a mortal wound. And since old Kit has twenty years' more experience with his powers, I get to do a few things I wouldn't do with young Kit. This'll be fun.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2002 7:29 pm 
Addict

Vandal sat in the airport, smoking a cigarette. The smoking area was loud and dim, but he could still survey the area around him. A small earpiece sat against his inner ear, allowing him to subvocalise his transmissions.

"Target is in sight. Looks to be several of your standard run of the mill faceless Mibs, and some others in the area. Not sure yet who all is on guard detail, and who is just a bystander. One obvious, heavily armed guard. Currently wearing a trenchcoat to hide the hardware."

Vandal took another deep drag, exhaling the smoke into air around him to mix with the already ever-present cloud.

"And Babs, be careful. I'm here if you need me, but I'm strictly backup on this one. Good luck."

[ooc] Sorry guys, had to do it. Aint I a bastard? [/ooc]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2002 7:31 pm 
Addict

OOC:Umm,that was a smooth way of entering the thread kitsune.

Once inside barghest notes that everybody is running around and some seem to be very scared.Barghest grabs one of the people that seem to kept their cool and looks like they could speak english."Hey,just what happened?"
The second the guy speaks barghest knows he is english."It's a fucking mess in there!Some chap just got stabbed though the throat and he is still walking!The police are trying to get him into a ambulance and in this crowd they already lost the person who did this!"Barghest says thanks and lets the guy go on his way out.Barghest wonders aloud"Hmmm,maybe it's her time of the month?"Barghest checks in on the radio,unsure on how to get this into code."Uhh,I think the eagle got angry about something and...uh....uh attacked some uh,mice?This might be a good time to get closer look at that nest."

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Barghest on 2002-09-17 19:32 ]</font>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2002 4:42 pm 
Addict

OOC: Since old Kit's gonna be the only Kit in the thread, I'll just call him Kit.

::Kit threw the three paramedics halfway across the airport, then he swiveled around, swearing::

DAMMIT! I lost her!

::He catches the sounds of a commotion up ahead, and heads to check it out::

What's this?

::He sees three men with their necks slit, and he quickly looks up to catch Babs weaving her way through the crowd once again::

You're not gonna lose me like that again, lady.

::He stalks past the emergency, his mind as focused as Babylon Jones' mind is. And so, the assassin's game of cat-and-mouse continues, but the question is, who is the cat who chases, and who is the mouse being hunted?::

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2002 6:34 pm 
Addict

OOC:Jeez,kitsune cut the threat level down!I don't think babs would be slicing her way though a crowded a airport!Come on,what are you trying to make her into? A bloodthirsty murderess who kills anybody at a whim?

Barghest hears some more noise and down in the distance he sees blood flying.The crowd then goes wild."Oh jesus,fucking christ."
The airport has turned into total chaos and barghest can now see babylon walking amid the scared people who now know who they are running from.Barghest gets on the radio"Allright,something is wrong.I am going to draw her attention."Barghest then draws his Colt,turns the laser on.Pointing it straight at babylon he steadys his aim and waits for more people to leave the area before he starts shooting.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2002 7:35 pm 
Addict

Vandal watches the ensuing commotion, wondering what the hell was going. And there came Babs.

"Dammit woman, what the hell is going on?"

A red dot appeared on her chest, a red dot instantly recognised as a laser sight. Standing from his seat, Vandal stepped into the crowd, trying to get a visual on the gunner.

"There he is. I got him."

A moments concentration was all that was neccesary, the quicksilver runes beneath his thin shirt activating. The power from the runes, merely a thin trickle, surged from his finger, entering the metal rail next to him. Zapping along the metal, the energy arced from bolt to bolt, nail to nail, into the electrical system, surging into the power line and into the light fixtures above the gunman's head, exploding the lightbulbs, sending the sharp glass raining down in a dowpour of sparks around the men. No one was hurt, merely distracted as they ducked and covered their faces.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2002 7:52 pm 
Addict

"ARRGGHH,SHIT!"Barghest covers his eyes and takes a step back from the glass."Just what the fuck is going on!?!"This time dropping to one knee barghest steadys his aim again sighting babylon again.He waits and keeps it steady,once she moves in front of a solid wall and there is a sufficent gap in the between her and the crowds barghest takes waits a moment and fires.