ZOMBIE FORUMS

It's a stinking, shambling corpse grotesquely parodying life.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:08 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1694 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 85  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2001 5:25 pm 
Local

"And how was I supposed to know this? Sure, my attempt of thinking about reaching into some kind of swirling chaos and pulling out an object at will didn't exactly work out, but still..."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2001 5:33 pm 
Local

Quote:
On 2001-12-13 16:25, markt18 wrote:

"And how was I supposed to know this? Sure, my attempt of thinking about reaching into some kind of swirling chaos and pulling out an object at will didn't exactly work out, but still..."

Well... cuz... that's just what hammerspace is!

We didn't invent it here... it goes back at least to Tsukasa Hojo's City Hunter manga in the 80's and 90's. (I don't know if hammerspace goes back any further than that -- maybe Cat's Eye?) And only women pull out hammers to bash the men... because... well, the men deserve it! (Well... they certainly do in City Hunter!)

Even tho' guys can't use hammerspace, powerful people like Chris just open "rifts" in the continuum which they reach into and grab objects to materialize. We gals just figure it's a mechanism the guys invented to copy us -- it seems to work like hammerspace -- but it's really just a poor imitation. :wink:

----------------
LovelyAngel</font>
<font size=-1>Only dead fish swim with the current.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LovelyAngel on 2001-12-13 16:49 ]</font>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2001 6:05 pm 
Local

*Whew! Van exhales sharply in relief, as the LovelyAngel finally makes a less than perfect shot. That "pulling a personalized cue out of hammerspace" move should've tipped her off that LovelyAngel is not so innocent as she seems. :wink:*

"Wow, Angel... nice moves!" Van proclaims. "I was getting worried that I was being hustled for a while there!"

*Van sets her concentration back on the game, and contemplates the remaining four balls left on the table. Fishing out the cue ball from the pocket, Van takes her ball in hand in a position direction behind the 4-ball. She quickly chalks up her cue and lines up the shot. Van aims slightly low on the cue ball, then sinks the 4 in the side pocket as the cue ball stops cleanly. Hmm... what to do next? The best bet seems to be a combination shot off the 5 to hit the 8-ball into the corner pocket. Van carefully lines this shot up and executes it with just enough force to eliminate most of the contact throw. The 5 connects with the 8, and sends in rolling into the pocket... meanwhile the 5 drifts over to line up with the opposite corner pocket. This is all well and good, except that the 9-ball is lined up with the same pocket... directly in front of the 5-ball*

"Well, that's no good!" Van frowns slightly. "Seems like there is only one option left..."

"Are you going to do what I think you're going to do?" the LovelyAngel inquires with a serene smile.

"What else baby! Jump shot!!" Van suddenly gets unusually more excited than one should about attempting a rather difficult move. Strange girl...

*Van calms down and steeles herself to perform the shot. She raises the butt of her cue high in the air, aims, then strikes downward sharply. This motion squeezes the cue ball between the tip of the cue and the table, sending it flying up and over the 9-ball and into the corner pocket.*

"Hell yeah! Woo-hoo!" Van makes a spectacle of herself, then chugs the rest of her amaretto sour. In fact, she's gets so worked up... that she misses the last (extremely easy) shot.

*Van gapes in shock at her own ineptitude. She stands there frozen as LovelyAngel steps up calmly and sinks the 9-ball.*

"Oh Van..." LovelyAngel addresses her unresponsive opponent.

Van says, "....."

*LovelyAngel gives Van light slap on the cheek to snap her out of it.*

"Huh... what happened?" Van regains sentience, "Oh yeah, I just lost... damn. "

"Oh don't worry, I won't make you pay up this time. Just let that be a lesson to you not to get so cocky!" LovelyAngel teases Van.

"Yes ma'am!" Van grins.

Reality is an illusion that occurs due to a lack of alcohol.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Van on 2001-12-13 20:11 ]</font>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2001 9:23 pm 
Tourist

{ooc}You obviously haven't been paying attention. I said 'an empty pool table'. Never been anyplace that only had one pool table. Hell, even one of the coffee shops I used to frequent had 3. So, in the future, remember, words are important, and they are carefully used to convey the point being made. Thanks for playing, however!{/ooc}

*Karma looks up and smiles at Lovely, but not a warm or particularly friendly one. He then frowns and pulls his notebook out of his back pocket. He scribbles a couple of notes, and leans on his table and watches Lovely expectantly. Just as she lines up her next shot, a waitress in a rush scurries by and jogs her cue, sending her shot wild. He then scribbles a couple more notes into his book, takes another swallow of his Tequiza, and goes back to shooting on his table.*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2001 9:40 pm 
Local

Quote:
On 2001-12-13 20:23, KarmaEnforcer wrote:
{ooc}You obviously haven't been paying attention. I said 'an empty pool table'. Never been anyplace that only had one pool table. Hell, even one of the coffee shops I used to frequent had 3. So, in the future, remember, words are important, and they are carefully used to convey the point being made. Thanks for playing, however!{/ooc}

[OOC]
Gomen! But then, if you look at the original description of BB&G, I specifically listed "<u>a</u> pool table"... not that I mind the consensus that we have multiple pool tables... it's just not what I had in my original mental picture... so my posts reacted accordingly.

Words... they get in the way sometimes, ne?

Anyway, due to popular demand, BB&G is proud to announce the existence of several pool tables in the establishment!

(Funny backwater Oregon -- we have lots of places that have just one pool table!)
[/OOC]

----------------
LovelyAngel</font>
<font size=-1>Only dead fish swim with the current.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2001 9:52 pm 
Native

*kyhm glances over as voices begin to rise by the pool table. As LA and KE's discussion of the plurality of pool tables seems on the verge of becoming an argument, the table grows an s, which buds into a few new tables.*

Um... what? Did anybody else see...

*LA and KE seem to take this in stride, turning back to their respective games with little comment. kyhm stares a little longer, then waves a waitress over and orders more whiskey.*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2001 9:53 pm 
Tourist

{ooc} *shrug* Makes no nevermind to me. I pulled extras out of my ass. The magical pool table fairy showed up and made extras appear. The fabric of reality warps around a member of the KEA. You didn't notice the extra tables. Sunspots. Time travelling sentient meerkats. The being which we are all merely the dreams of decided there should be two or three tables. One of these possibilities is the correct one. I'll leave it up to the reader to choose, because frankly, the nature of reality is totally up to the subjective opinion of the viewer. So in a sense, they're all right, and they're all also wrong. =D{/ooc}

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2001 10:57 pm 
Native

In other words, fnord. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2001 11:19 pm 
Local

Hmm, I wonder how many others have read the Illuminatus! Trilogy here...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2001 11:40 pm 
Local

fnord prob. most of us but you aren't going to convince me to put any part of myself in a large apple fnord

fnord If this post is blank then you have yet to be enlightened fnord

fnord
Quote:
On 2001-12-13 22:19, markt18 wrote:
Hmm, I wonder how many others have read the Illuminatus! Trilogy here...

fnord

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2001 1:37 am 
Local

*The LovelyAngel is as surprised about the conclusion of the 9-ball game as Van is.*

Van, you are an awesome player. I didn't deserve to win -- but really, winning wasn't the point. It was just fun to play in friendly competition. Sure beats getting pounded by a mecha or getting drenched in liquid butter or... OOOOPS!

*The LovelyAngel realizes her mistake as Van's eyes start to glaze over.*

Gomen nasai!! Snap out of it, Van!

*Van blinks and shakes her head a couple of times.*

Let's get you a b33r! *The LovelyAngel flags a waitress and barks an urgent order while getting Van seated in a comfy chair.*

Baka! *The LovelyAngel mentally kicks herself.* Baka! Baka! Baka! :sad:

----------------
LovelyAngel
<font size=-1>"Just because there is MORE of something doesn't mean it is BETTER."</font>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2001 1:58 am 
Tourist

Depending on who is behind the apple, I could pretty easily be convinced to place parts of myself in it. And yes, I've read the Illuminatus Trilogy. I still have it around here someplace. I was in the process of going through an marking it off into sections based on whose point of view it was. Then I saw something shiny and got distracted. That was like 2 years ago.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2001 3:32 am 
Local

*As the LovelyAngel settles Van down with a b33r, and into a comfy chair...*

Van responds, "....."

*Because she's unconcious you see Image*

[OOC] I think Van spends more time unconcious than in conciousness. Truly a sad individual she is Image. Someone REALLY needs to straighten her out of that damn liquid butter phobia *lol* [/OOC]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2001 11:04 am 
Addict

Rand had been sipping his white wine when the pool table that had the potential of being two pool tables transmiitted that potential into act, and as such, was under the new pool table, saying auch.

He then got up, hit his head against the pool table, crawled from underneath it and dusted himself of, noticing he had spilled his wine (intense wine spilling action)

Rand: Ah crap, I'm hungry. I wonder if I can get some food.

Rand goes to the restaurant and orders a very, VERY large portion of Belgian made French fires, 5 Cordon Bleues, 3 porkchops, 3 hamburgers and various other very unhealthy food and sits at the table observing the going ons.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2001 10:59 pm 
Tourist

Quote:
On 2001-12-14 02:32, Van wrote:
Someone REALLY needs to straighten her out of that damn liquid butter phobia *lol*

*looks up from his game*

Well, I could do that, but it requires some pretty intense tantric shenanigans to get it done right.

*smirks and goes back to his game*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2001 5:02 am 
Addict

/Chris watches the whole butter mistake thing and suddenly reverts to one of his old forms

I AM!!!!

*POOF!!!!*

Original Prankster!

/Chris trots over to Van and covers her in liquid butter and proceeds to shake her awake

/He then slips in to the shadows

*Whispers*

This will either scare her in to a childlike state or cause such a shock as to shock the f34r right out of her.

Either way, this should be good.

Buttery Evilness,
The Sinister Chris

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2001 12:55 am 
n00b

Spike walked into the place, looking around at his surroundings. "hm, bar and eating area up front. . .pool hall in the back, seems pretty basic at first glance." Noticing the collection of swords under the "no weapons" sign, Spike sighed and reached into his coat, pulling out his 9mm handgun and placing it on the table, followed by a pair of small throwing knives. He walked though the holding field and into the smoky bar.
Seating himself on a stool he motioned to the bartender, "scotch on the rocks."
Recieving his drink he turned to glance around the rest of the room, noticing a few faces from the mecha fight, a man looked up at him.
"Spike? hey man, thought you were repairing the Andruil. . " Spike smiled at Bandman.
"Thought you were doing the same, actually i just dropped it off so my mechanic can take a look at it. . .he wasn't too happy with me, I told him he should have seen the other guy." He gave Band a wink. Bandman looked at Spike for a second, then broke out into a laugh, putting one of his hands behind his head.
"That reminds me," he said, turning to the bartender, "I need another drink!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2001 12:56 am 
n00b

HOLY SHIT!

How do i make my avatar smaller???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2001 1:50 am 
Local

[OOC]
Well, you would normally use a graphics editor such as Photoshop or Paint Shop Pro. I imagine there are probably some cheapware/shareware/freeware apps somewhere, but I've not looked into that area since I have both Photoshop and PSP.

Then you have to get your image onto a web server somewhere...

Ganbatte!
[/OOC]

-----------------
LovelyAngel
<font size=-1>"Be the best. Have fun. No compromise"</font>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2001 3:25 am 
n00b

*Walks in, pausing a moment by the "No Weapons" sign to remove 4 throwing knives, and get a claim ticket for them. She then looks around, thinking for a moment, before walking over to the bar and ordering a couple teq shots, with salt and lime of course! Stifling a giggle, remembering the body shots contest at a recent party, she downs them, then takes a seat, looking around the bar curiously.*

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1694 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 85  Next